Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters International - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Cambridge couple:  Yeah he was quite annoying.  Maybe with her 12 hour shift work she doesn't work 5 days a week - when I was in a Cardiac ICU the nurses worked 3 days 12 hours.  Still wouldn't want an hour commute.

Like so many other stay at home parents who just have to be in the center of town I really wonder how much time they actually end up spending in town and what to they do there? Wander around a book store?  Sit in a coffee shop for hours?  Between cleaning house, feeding the kids,, and with kids that young they probably nap in the afternoon, how much free time do you have?  I can see not wanting to be in a house out in the country where your nearest neighbor is a mile or so away and the closest town in several miles but then you could take country walks instead of sidewalk walks.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Lille, France. Even the downtown apartment didn't seem to be in a bustling district. A lot of buildings seemed to be boarded up. $700 doesn't get much. And that must have been their real budget since all were that price. Not the most dynamic couple but I hope they are happy.

• Like 4

I really hope there is more to his PhD than transcribing the text onto a digital platform.  If that's it, I should have investigated other programs before selecting my program.

She really didn't seem that happy-as she said in an interview, she didn't think they really would move to France.  I would have chosen the one with the outdoor space (even though it was all walled in) as that at least provided some fresh air and somewhere to hang out rather than just indoors (and be good for their dog to get the fresh air throughout the day).

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I guess Adrienne wears the beret for the show, because she's the only one I've ever seen wearing one.  

If you go to Adrian's web site where she shows being on HHI, the beret seems to be her signature look. 😉

• Like 1
  • Love 2

My parents and I lived overseas in Europe in the 1960s, when almost no one spoke any English and my parents didn’t speak any of the language of the country where we lived.    My mother had never been outside the US before. There was no Internet.  Long-distance phone was frightfully expensive.  Airfare back to the US even more so, meaning people couldn’t afford to come visit. Our place was small.  My dad had the only car.  We were a mile uphill from the center of a small town town with no public transport.  

They absolutely LOVED it.  Until the day they died, they talked about it as the best experience of their lives. Made lifelong friends in the community   Would have stayed longer if they could have  

Sorry, but I had zero sympathy for the woman in Lille.  Embrace the adventure.  Wichita will be there when you return. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, dogdays2 said:

Sorry, but I had zero sympathy for the woman in Lille.  Embrace the adventure.  Wichita will be there when you return. 

I have a little sympathy, because there are people who are just wired not to embrace the adventure.  Or who have spent so long in their cloister that they don't even know if it's their wiring or their habit.

Then again, I once spent almost two months in Wichita.  They call it the "Air Capital of the World" and I really did think it was because there's nothing there but air, and appreciated their sense of humor.  Turns out it has something to do with aviation.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Like 3
  • LOL 8

They were high school sweethearts.

So maybe she hasn't had a wide experience of the world.

She did seem curious about some of the buildings and in the 3 months after segment, she seemed to be enjoying some ornate facades of old buildings.

Still, it has to be tough without friends and family.  She got some kind of remote job but they seem to be depending on him getting a PhD and possibly tenure somewhere.

Did she go to college herself?  They may need income from her working but it would be a chance to develop herself, not just be dependent on him.

Would help if there were at least some expats but maybe a small French town on the Belgium border is not a big draw for English-speaking expats.

• Love 3

As a subscriber to Adrian's newsletter, I'd say she would help Wichita woman find an expat community in Lille, if it exists. She might have shared living in France info, the newsletter used to be full of that. 

Adrian's a marketer as well as a realtor, that beret has long been part of her brand. For better or for worse🤠

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, aghst said:

Would help if there were at least some expats but maybe a small French town on the Belgium border is not a big draw for English-speaking expats.

Didn't Adrian say it was like the third biggest city in France?  I'm continually surprised that cities I've only vaguely heard of turn out to be huge. 

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Didn't Adrian say it was like the third biggest city in France?  I'm continually surprised that cities I've only vaguely heard of turn out to be huge. 

The third largest city in France is Lyon. If Adrian said that, she was greatly mistaken.

Denver Doula to York

I wonder how long the family had been in York when they filmed the show? The mother and daughters' accents were already morphing 

The family sold everything so that the wife could get a midwifery certification that she said wasn't recognized in the US. She didn't explain it very well, but I gathered that it was a matter of the kind of knowledge that she was acquiring that was important to her. Husband took a downgraded job to make the move and support the family of four. Everything is on their dime.  

The wife wanted us to know that she was a one who marched to the rhythm of her own drum, a dreamer.  At least she gave the husband credit for supporting her, and he didn't push back much on much. They wanted some English charm, but weren't all that adamant about anything. Gotta give them credit for going all out to make her dream come true. But I'm left a little curious about what their real motivations and plans were. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

York is really nice.  Again, lot of sunlight in supposedly gray UK.

Are they married?  They have different last names.

Yeah what is she going to do to bring in income?  She basically gets her way, got the "way over" budget place in town with the tiny bathrooms, 1 and 1/2 bathrooms at that.

All so that she wouldn't' have a long commute.

The third home in the suburbs was better for the whole family and Ms. Middle Aged Woman with nose ring and tats wasn't riding the bus so they would need a car.

Would people in the UK hire her as midwife?  They have all or everyone covered by socialized medicine so who would pay out of pocket for a midwife?  Especially Mrs. Nose Ring?

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, aghst said:

Are they married?  They have different last names.

Yeah what is she going to do to bring in income?  She basically gets her way, got the "way over" budget place in town with the tiny bathrooms, 1 and 1/2 bathrooms at that. All so that she wouldn't' have a long commute.

Actually I believe they got it because it was cheaper in the end. With the suburban place they'd have to buy a car. Between the hassle and petrol it wouldn't be worth it. Lots of married couples have different surnames. And I'd be fine with a woman (or man) sporting a nose ring helping me deliver a newborn. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Grrarrggh said:

Actually I believe they got it because it was cheaper in the end. With the suburban place they'd have to buy a car. Between the hassle and petrol it wouldn't be worth it. Lots of married couples have different surnames. And I'd be fine with a woman (or man) sporting a nose ring helping me deliver a newborn. 

I believe the agent mentioned that the bus stops right in front of the suburban house.

It would take longer than a car but then driving into town and parking is probably a hassle.

Does she have classes every day?

In any event, it's clear that she gets what she wants in that relationship.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, aghst said:

They have all or everyone covered by socialized medicine so who would pay out of pocket for a midwife?

The NHS employs midwives (they're quite routinely utilized there, unlike here in the U.S.).  If she's not among them, a small percentage of people in the UK pay for private insurance and/or pay independent providers directly, so that's a possibility.  I didn't watch, though, to speculate based on how she presented her situation.  

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, aghst said:

Would people in the UK hire her as midwife?  They have all or everyone covered by socialized medicine so who would pay out of pocket for a midwife?

She bugged. All I could think of was when Madonna quickly picked up a British accent. And her training isn't midwifery, it's a doula. She mentioned the difference, something like less clinical she said. Off to Google. 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, BAForever said:

And her training isn't midwifery, it's a doula. She mentioned the difference, something like less clinical she said

Oh, the difference is more significant than "less clinical".  A doula is a girlfriend who sits and holds your hand and can't do anything clinical, not even close.  

Edited by Quof
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 12/5/2022 at 2:01 PM, abbyzenn said:

Cambridge couple:  Yeah he was quite annoying.  Maybe with her 12 hour shift work she doesn't work 5 days a week - when I was in a Cardiac ICU the nurses worked 3 days 12 hours.  Still wouldn't want an hour commute.

Like so many other stay at home parents who just have to be in the center of town I really wonder how much time they actually end up spending in town and what to they do there? Wander around a book store?  Sit in a coffee shop for hours?  Between cleaning house, feeding the kids,, and with kids that young they probably nap in the afternoon, how much free time do you have?  I can see not wanting to be in a house out in the country where your nearest neighbor is a mile or so away and the closest town in several miles but then you could take country walks instead of sidewalk walks.

ER docs in civilian life usually work 12 hour shifts, too.  Most work no more than 3 days a week; so they've got a fair amount of down time, too.  She will also rotate days and nights; so will be home sleeping some days, which might mean he will need to get the kids out of the house sometimes. An hourlong commute is a lot, though.

It looked to me that the other homes, while not situated in the center of the city, were in neighborhoods where surely the husband could find things like coffee shops and playgrounds, too.  All the househunters on this show make it seem like anyone who isn't living smack dab in the middle of the city has no access to amenities.  I live in a midwestern suburb and there are 2 coffee shops (one a chain, one local), a library, 2 playgrounds, 2 grocery stores, at least 4 restaurants and multiple other businesses all a 15 minute or less walk away.  If anything, England is more densely populated than my suburb, there's no reason they couldn't have found a home closer to the hospital where she will work where he could find places to go with the kids.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 6
On 12/9/2022 at 12:08 PM, mojito said:

Denver Doula to York

I wonder how long the family had been in York when they filmed the show? The mother and daughters' accents were already morphing 

The family sold everything so that the wife could get a midwifery certification that she said wasn't recognized in the US. She didn't explain it very well, but I gathered that it was a matter of the kind of knowledge that she was acquiring that was important to her. Husband took a downgraded job to make the move and support the family of four. Everything is on their dime.  

The wife wanted us to know that she was a one who marched to the rhythm of her own drum, a dreamer.  At least she gave the husband credit for supporting her, and he didn't push back much on much. They wanted some English charm, but weren't all that adamant about anything. Gotta give them credit for going all out to make her dream come true. But I'm left a little curious about what their real motivations and plans were. 

I couldn't stand how cavalier she sounded about not being able to use this degree - for which she uprooted her entire family - in the US. The only way that makes sense is if they aren't planning to go back to the US anytime soon. 

I hate people with that kind of "I'm a special, free-spirited snowflake" attitude, but it seems like her husband is very accommodating of her whims, so if it works for them as a family, more power to them. York does seem like a beautiful city, so I'm sure they can have a nice lifestyle there as long as hubby can pay for it all.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I couldn't stand how cavalier she sounded about not being able to use this degree - for which she uprooted her entire family - in the US. The only way that makes sense is if they aren't planning to go back to the US anytime soon. 

I hate people with that kind of "I'm a special, free-spirited snowflake" attitude, but it seems like her husband is very accommodating of her whims, so if it works for them as a family, more power to them. York does seem like a beautiful city, so I'm sure they can have a nice lifestyle there as long as hubby can pay for it all.

I presume she doesn't intend to work within the established healthcare system in the US.  If she gets a degree that doesn't qualify her for licensure, my first thought is that she plans to work in the home birth community where many of the practitioners have no formal training and most have no licenses.  That also means that the practitioners don't accept insurance but get paid in cash and also that they do not carry malpractice insurance, so, if things go wrong, there is little recourse via civil suit.  They will also scatter to the winds and stay out of sight should things go downhill and hospital care is needed.

There is a very large homebirthing community of practitioners and clients who take great pride in the fact that they are operating outside of the traditional systems.  She could easily find work there, however, most don't make much, it's not financially lucrative in most cases.  Most practitioners are doing it because they enjoy being 'special', 'non-traditional' and 'unconventional'  She'd fit right in.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
On 12/9/2022 at 4:09 PM, aghst said:

Yeah what is she going to do to bring in income?  She basically gets her way, got the "way over" budget place in town with the tiny bathrooms, 1 and 1/2 bathrooms at that.

All so that she wouldn't' have a long commute.

The third home in the suburbs was better for the whole family and Ms. Middle Aged Woman with nose ring and tats wasn't riding the bus so they would need a car.

I wonder if the cost of getting and using a car might've exceeded the difference in housing prices.

On 12/9/2022 at 5:20 PM, Grrarrggh said:

And I'd be fine with a woman (or man) sporting a nose ring helping me deliver a newborn. 

In general, yes.  This woman?  No way, Jose.  She was wifty as hell, and she's either wasting money on education she can't use or she's going to work illegally in the US; if the second, I hope someone in authority sees this episode and she's arrested.

2 hours ago, Notabug said:

I presume she doesn't intend to work within the established healthcare system in the US.  If she gets a degree that doesn't qualify her for licensure, my first thought is that she plans to work in the home birth community where many of the practitioners have no formal training and most have no licenses.  That also means that the practitioners don't accept insurance but get paid in cash and also that they do not carry malpractice insurance, so, if things go wrong, there is little recourse via civil suit.  They will also scatter to the winds and stay out of sight should things go downhill and hospital care is needed.

There is a very large homebirthing community of practitioners and clients who take great pride in the fact that they are operating outside of the traditional systems.  She could easily find work there, however, most don't make much, it's not financially lucrative in most cases.  Most practitioners are doing it because they enjoy being 'special', 'non-traditional' and 'unconventional'  She'd fit right in.

I was assuming that myself.  It's not legal, but they get away with it as long as nothing goes wrong.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I wonder if the cost of getting and using a car might've exceeded the difference in housing prices.

In general, yes.  This woman?  No way, Jose.  She was wifty as hell, and she's either wasting money on education she can't use or she's going to work illegally in the US; if the second, I hope someone in authority sees this episode and she's arrested.

I was assuming that myself.  It's not legal, but they get away with it as long as nothing goes wrong.

There are some places in the US where 'lay midwives' also called direct entry, are legal and can be licensed.  These midwives did not start out as nurses.  Most go to school for a couple of years and they do have a board which administers examination to certify the lay midwife as competent.  What they don't have is any oversight whatsoever from traditional medical professionals; they develop, maintain and enforce their own rules by themselves with no input from any other professional organization.  Nurse midwives and board certified OB/GYN's are more integrated into the system as a whole.  Nurse midwifery exams are reviewed by MD's for accuracy and nurse midwives have input into physician training and exams.

She really kind of muddled it up in her description though, and it seems like perhaps she is not even training to be a midwife, but a doula.  A doula is an assistant to the laboring woman.  She might help her get into and out of the shower, rub her back, move pillows around to help position her and perhaps help with getting the baby to nurse after delivery.  A doula has no clinical duties whatsoever, she is purely there as support for the mom.  She wouldn't order medications or IV's, monitor the mother or the baby' vital signs.  She is there to help the mom get through labor. Period.

Almost no insurances pay for a doula, most couples pay out of pocket.  Most hospitals allow them to attend the birth as part of the laboring woman's approved visitors.  There is no licensure required to be a doula; some people go to classes and get a certificate but many pick it up be working with more experienced doulas.  There are not many who are able to support themselves or a family working solely as a doula.  Some bill by the hour, others have a set fee per pregnancy.  Most have their clients sign a disclaimer that they understand that the doula is not a medical professional and will not act as one at the birth nor encourage the mother to ignore the advice of professionals.  And, of course, they're not liable for any bad outcomes.

Edited by Notabug
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Notabug said:

There are some places in the US where 'lay midwives' also called direct entry, are legal and can be licensed.  These midwives did not start out as nurses.  Most go to school for a couple of years and they do have a board which administers examination to certify the lay midwife as competent.  What they don't have is any oversight whatsoever from traditional medical professionals; they develop, maintain and enforce their own rules by themselves with no input from any other professional organization.  Nurse midwives and board certified OB/GYN's are more integrated into the system as a whole.  Nurse midwifery exams are reviewed by MD's for accuracy and nurse midwives have input into physician training and exams.

She really kind of muddled it up in her description though, and it seems like perhaps she is not even training to be a midwife, but a doula.  A doula is an assistant to the laboring woman.  She might help her get into and out of the shower, rub her back, move pillows around to help position her and perhaps help with getting the baby to nurse after delivery.  A doula has no clinical duties whatsoever, she is purely there as support for the mom.  She wouldn't order medications or IV's, monitor the mother or the baby' vital signs.  She is there to help the mom get through labor. Period.

Almost no insurances pay for a doula, most couples pay out of pocket.  Most hospitals allow them to attend the birth as part of the laboring woman's approved visitors.  There is no licensure required to be a doula; some people go to classes and get a certificate but many pick it up be working with more experienced doulas.  There are not many who are able to support themselves or a family working solely as a doula.  Some bill by the hour, others have a set fee per pregnancy.  Most have their clients sign a disclaimer that they understand that the doula is not a medical professional and will not act as one at the birth nor encourage the mother to ignore the advice of professionals.  And, of course, they're not liable for any bad outcomes.

She's already a doula.  She is going to school for a degree in midwifery - that's what I understood from what she said.  Except that she's getting her degree in the UK and it's not transferable to the US, so unless they're planning on staying in the UK, she will not be able to be licensed as a midwife in the US and thus she wasted her money.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

She's already a doula.  She is going to school for a degree in midwifery - that's what I understood from what she said.  Except that she's getting her degree in the UK and it's not transferable to the US, so unless they're planning on staying in the UK, she will not be able to be licensed as a midwife in the US and thus she wasted her money.

It may be that midwifery degrees, like medical degrees, are not transferable, then.  A doctor who receives an MD in England would be required to not only take an exam for foreign medical graduates, but also repeat their residency training in its entirety at a US facility to be licensed to practice medicine.  This is mainly because the medical training systems are very different from US to Britain.  The only country that has reciprocity for medical licenses with the US is Canada.  Everyone else has to repeat a residency in the US.

Still, even if they stay in Britain, why?  It really makes no sense.  There are excellent training programs in the US in the same field where licensure is easy enough to obtain.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Still, even if they stay in Britain, why?  It really makes no sense.  There are excellent training programs in the US in the same field where licensure is easy enough to obtain.

Yeah, it seemed cuckoo to me.  I mean, I'd give my left arm to move to England, but to pay a lot of money for something I could easily do here?  Idk.

Still, York is beautiful and I did like the place they chose.

• Love 3
On 12/9/2022 at 1:08 PM, mojito said:

Gotta give them credit for going all out to make her dream come true. But I'm left a little curious about what their real motivations and plans were. 

She is fulfilling her mid-life crisis fantasy after watching every episode of Call the Midwife.

I went to nursing school with a couple of people just like her. At the time, you couldn't get into a midwifery program in the US without being an RN first. One person felt the part about having to get a nursing degree was totally beneath her and had a huge attitude problem because of it. Once she did become a midwife, she discovered that she couldn't make enough money at it to pay the bills. She went back to her corporate job and delivered babies as a side hustle.

Edited by eel21788
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

There are some places in the US where 'lay midwives' also called direct entry, are legal and can be licensed.  These midwives did not start out as nurses. 

There is the difference between being a Certified Nurse Midwife and a Certified Midwife.

https://www.midwife.org/Career-Changers

To be a Certified Nurse Midwife, you don't have to start out as a RN; however, RN training before or during your CNM program is required.

To be a Certified Midwife, you don't need the nursing training; however, you do need a Bachelor's degree in another subject and to have taken the appropriate science courses before enrolling. Where you can practice with this certification is extremely limited.

• Useful 4

I think she just really wanted to be a special snowflake.  Why else get a degree/certificate in the UK that she couldn't use in the U.S.?  Although it's impractical, it does provide for extra-special self-identification 'I got a mid-wife certificate in England...'

• Love 3

At least the husband seemed to be interested.  He took a cut in pay and he's the one funding this whole adventure.

But he is a history nerd so great for him.

Actually, still not sure if they're married since she is identified by a different last name.

Maybe the girls like going to, but maybe they also don't like leaving friends behind.

• Love 1

Sayulita, Mexico. Is this the most expensive town in Mexico? And they aren't even asking for being on the water or a 3rd bedroom for their daughter. I agree with Kim that it's not doable to have the young kids sleeping in a separate building. Their dogs not getting along with the dogs already living at #2 and #3 could be dealbreakers. There's a solution I hadn't thought of, have the kid sleep with you.

On 12/12/2022 at 1:25 PM, eel21788 said:

She is fulfilling her mid-life crisis fantasy after watching every episode of Call the Midwife.

I went to nursing school with a couple of people just like her. At the time, you couldn't get into a midwifery program in the US without being an RN first. One person felt the part about having to get a nursing degree was totally beneath her and had a huge attitude problem because of it. Once she did become a midwife, she discovered that she couldn't make enough money at it to pay the bills. She went back to her corporate job and delivered babies as a side hustle.

A classmate of mine in nursing school  dropped out because she "knew more about delivering babies" than our instructor.  She was always pointing out how much she thought she knew.  She finally quit, and I guess went out and started delivering babies.  I never heard anything about her again.

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

I missed the beginning.  What kind of work do the parents do?

I believe she said she was a CPA and was working remotely. He was in real estate and was also going to try to do that remotely; which I don't see how that position can be done remotely? 

1 hour ago, ksutton625 said:

I believe she said she was a CPA and was working remotely. He was in real estate and was also going to try to do that remotely; which I don't see how that position can be done remotely? 

The husband said he had a team and was going to try and do it remotely. To me, that sounds like he's a broker with sales agents who do the actual leg work. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
10 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

A classmate of mine in nursing school  dropped out because she "knew more about delivering babies" than our instructor.  She was always pointing out how much she thought she knew.  She finally quit, and I guess went out and started delivering babies.  I never heard anything about her again.

I'd look her up to make sure she's not claiming to be licensed when she isn't. 

13 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Sayulita, Mexico. Is this the most expensive town in Mexico? And they aren't even asking for being on the water or a 3rd bedroom for their daughter. I agree with Kim that it's not doable to have the young kids sleeping in a separate building. Their dogs not getting along with the dogs already living at #2 and #3 could be dealbreakers. There's a solution I hadn't thought of, have the kid sleep with you.

That's an odd family.

They drove their old van down to Mexico, enduring some break downs.

But they have a $3500 budget for a 2 bedroom?  I guess the swimming pool requirement raised the price and the market has much greater demand than supply.

They didn't sell their home up in Spokane and still have ties there for their income.

The property they ended up choosing has all kinds of compromises, including the bedrooms being separated and the fact that it's far out of town.

When they were leaving, Taniel was driving down gingerly in the golf cart and the wife asked if it's a problem during rainy months and Taniel said something like it's a problem now.

So are they going to get a car or golf cart to get the kids to school, go to stores?

But my guess is this is a short term stay, maybe just for the summer, to snowbird, since their work and their home are still back in Spokane.

Because 2 bedrooms won't be enough for the long-term.  In a few years, the 7-year old doesn't want to share a room with her younger brothers.

• Like 4
On 12/12/2022 at 5:32 PM, seacliffsal said:

I think she just really wanted to be a special snowflake.  Why else get a degree/certificate in the UK that she couldn't use in the U.S.?  Although it's impractical, it does provide for extra-special self-identification 'I got a mid-wife certificate in England...'

She's still in York, but she dropped out of the midwifery program because it was too "mainstream." 

https://www.13-moons.co.uk/meet-kristin

Interestingly (or not), she mentions her 2 daughters in her bio but no significant other. He does, however, appear to be still living in York, too.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffdgilley/?originalSubdomain=uk

• Mind Blown 1
46 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

She's still in York, but she dropped out of the midwifery program because it was too "mainstream." 

https://www.13-moons.co.uk/meet-kristin

Interestingly (or not), she mentions her 2 daughters in her bio but no significant other. He does, however, appear to be still living in York, too.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffdgilley/?originalSubdomain=uk

“I left the midwifery course I was studying and, through weeks of intensive yoga and meditation practice, crafted a path forward that would provide me with the experience and structure needed to construct a new paradigm for birth and conscious connection. I now work as a doula and Radical Birthkeeper, childbirth mentor, Transformational Life Coach, and Birth Story Listener based in York, England.”

Oh dear. 

• Mind Blown 3
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 6
12 hours ago, ArtFossil said:

“I left the midwifery course I was studying and, through weeks of intensive yoga and meditation practice, crafted a path forward that would provide me with the experience and structure needed to construct a new paradigm for birth and conscious connection. I now work as a doula and Radical Birthkeeper, childbirth mentor, Transformational Life Coach, and Birth Story Listener based in York, England.”

Oh dear. 

a radical birthkeeper?  wonder what that actually means

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm just as curious about "Birth Story Listener."  Who's telling the story?  The baby? 

52 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Yep, I was right-she just wants to be a very special snowflake!

Is it really surprising from an older woman with the nose ring?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1