Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

Wow, that haircut was tragic. 

Foolishly, I was hoping against hope that SN would miraculously remain.  The people than run this show makes the most idiotic decisions, keeping or bringing back awful actors and characters and letting the greats get away.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Chrishell Hartley is hinting that she might be coming back.

https://soaphub.com/days-of-our-lives/chrishell-hartley-teases-possible-salem-return/

I feel like if she was that comment from her ended all speculation. Returnees are tight lipped and can't give hints away until they either "leak" or the show announces it officially. It would be different if Ron tweeted something sly like that or Greg did, but it just seems like she's just hinting at them to ask her back, not that she is returning. 

Edited by betweenthelines
13 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

I know Days likes to fool with timelines, but I think Jordan’s anvil baby would be Chad’s? Unless I missed her and Rafe having one last fling. 

I wish.  

On 7/2/2018 at 9:23 PM, Silver Raven said:

Who is Saleisha?

Sal Stowers's (Lani) name is Saleisha.  She was a contestant on AMNTM using her full first name.  She's used Sal since she started acting.

(edited)

I don't know if this additional information was posted here but Kate Mansi, who assuming the role of Abigail is only acting as a temporary replacement. It's now confirmed by this weeks SOD that she's only filming for part of the summer, although the show is hoping she will extend her contract. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

I don't know if this additional information was posted here but Kate Mansi, who assuming the role of Abigail is only acting as a temporary replacement. It's now confirmed by this weeks SOD that she's only filming for part of the summer, although the show is hoping she will extend her contract. 

Extending her contract only extends our suffering.  She's at least half the reason I can't stand the Abigail character. 

I guess Woody Allen STILL hasn't called her.  What a shock.

• Love 12
(edited)
31 minutes ago, boes said:

Extending her contract only extends our suffering.  She's at least half the reason I can't stand the Abigail character. 

I guess Woody Allen STILL hasn't called her.  What a shock.

I'm not a fan of her or Abigail either. I feel like she won't extend honestly. She sounded like she was just grateful to be asked back and is fine with finishing the arc. She's probably only there for a thirteen week cycle, and she started filming around the beginning of June, so if she was staying they would know by now since the writing is a month ahead of filming thus they probably already wrote her exit. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

I've never been a fan of any of the actresses playing abby but does that mean we're going to get another abby recast?

There are other choices.

Killing off the character.

Sending to the mental hospital when she has another breakdown.

Leaves town to get away from Chad and Stefan.

Leaving town with Stefan.

Leaving town with Chad.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/8/2018 at 3:33 PM, betweenthelines said:

I'm not a fan of her or Abigail either. I feel like she won't extend honestly. She sounded like she was just grateful to be asked back and is fine with finishing the arc. She's probably only there for a thirteen week cycle, and she started filming around the beginning of June, so if she was staying they would know by now since the writing is a month ahead of filming thus they probably already wrote her exit. 

Kate seems like she's making okay inroads into Lifetime thriller movies so she doesn't seem desperate yet.

I don't think she could work the Hallmark movie thing like Sammi or Theresa have but she might be finding her niche as crazy ladies in Lifetime movies. In any event, Abby needs a break.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4

SOD has confirmed that Lindsey Godfrey will be playing Sarah Horton.  I wonder whom they're going to pair her with.  Eric?

And where's Melissa?

It would be great if they could bring Neil back.  He just dropped off the face of the earth.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm excited to have Sarah back.  But, um... I guess they're aging her down?  Sarah was born around 1980, before Sami and Eric at any rate. And when she left in the early 90s, she was a teen. Linsey Godfrey is only 30.   She's the same age as Molly Burnett.  

Again, I'm glad they've cast a Sarah and I guess I don't really mind the age shift.  It's just weird for me since Sarah and I were about the same age when I was watching as a kid (she started younger by a couple of years then SORASed to a year or two older than me).

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, RachelKM said:

I'm excited to have Sarah back.  But, um... I guess their aging her down?  Sarah was born around 1980, before Sami and Eric at any rate. And when she left in the early 90s, she was a teen. Linsey Godfrey is only 30.   She's the same age as Molly Burnett.  

Again, I'm glad they've cast a Sarah and I guess I don't really mind the age shift.  It's just weird for me since Sarah and I were about the same age when I was watching as a kid (she started younger by a couple of years then SORASed to a year or two older than me).

She should be Stefanie.. 

Just now, RachelKM said:

That would make more sense.  And I miss Stephanie.   I'm still annoyed that Melissa Archer wasn't Sarah.  

Great minds think alike, Melissa would have been a perfect Sarah.. Sarah's presence could have brought Noelle Curtis back.  Perhaps, the two sisters who have never had a sisterly relationship, try to have one, until both fall for Eric..

• Love 2

A highly reliable Twitter source that has been confirmed real many times is stating that Billy Flynn is leaving DAYS. Nothing official yet if true, but the person has yet to be wrong.

I'm assuming they'll write Chad and Abby off together. I can't believe I may actually be free of this awful couple.

• Love 7

I'm very bored with Show right now.  Ciara and Ben, Will and Sparkle Pretty, Brady and Eve, bore the hell outta me.  Rafe and Hope horrify me with their awfulness.

All I can feel positive about is that Doug isn't strumming his ukulele and Julie isn't screeching like a plucked hen.

• Love 4

When I first started watching again in 2014, Rafe and Jordan were a couple. Almost all the characters, at that time, were new to me, and I liked Jordan. And I liked Jordan and Rafe as a couple, and was annoyed when he cheated on her and they broke up.  So I'd be good with Jordan having a RafeBaby. And if it finally gets him away from Hope, all the better.

• Love 13

I hated the idea of Sami and Rafe having a baby from the one night stand especially since they have been over for years, but I have to say the idea of Jordan coming back with Rafe's baby is far more interesting.  Chrishell seems to have the ability to be around a lot more than Allison is willing so this "may" turn into something interesting. 

For me, Rafe is only ever interesting when he is paired with complicated women.  His relationships with Kate and Sami, and his friendship with Nicole.  My hope is that Jordan is a slightly more grey character this time around.  Considering her background she was way to "sugary sweet".  I would love to see the Jordan who spent years on the run, developing multiple identities, evading the police and Clyde.  Where is that Jordan?

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Wasn’t Jordan with Chad before she left?

They were just starting to date, but I don't believe that they slept together.  The timeline was pretty compact so I can believe that she was just newly pregnant from Rafe before he cheated on her, and also believe that she and Rafe slept together when she dumped Chad before hightailing it out of town.

Chad and Jordan definitely slept together.   I loved Jordan with Chad.  

Although it will be nice for Rafe to have a child it would have been interesting if thr baby was chads.    Abby never really has to fight for Chad.   He is the one always fighting for or forgiving her.   

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I wonder who's coming back first, Jack or Nicole? Meaning, which of the Eric and Jennifer pairing will call it off first.

I hope it's soon. How boring can a soap opera couple be!

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Is MA/Jack coming back for a significant amount of time, or is it a short term thing like Nicole and Theresa?

I think that he is back permanently.. I am scared to get attached because Jack always gets screwed..

• Love 3

According to a rumor I read, Jack kept getting written off the show because Ashford had an ongoing struggle with alcoholism that made it difficult to keep him on-contract.

Flynn leaving sucks because he is a good actor and could have anchored the show, but they kept him trapped in a corner with all of the Abigail nonsense. I really liked the brief period in which he and Belle were an item, and like others here I wish he and Theresa had had a chance to get together.

I wonder if they will bring Casey back? It's just that the character is too different now to go back to that sort of frat boy interpretation.

Holy hell, is there a body count coming up. Paul, Abigail, Chad and Steve will all soon be gone.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

According to a rumor I read, Jack kept getting written off the show because Ashford had an ongoing struggle with alcoholism that made it difficult to keep him on-contract.

Flynn leaving sucks because he is a good actor and could have anchored the show, but they kept him trapped in a corner with all of the Abigail nonsense. I really liked the brief period in which he and Belle were an item, and like others here I wish he and Theresa had had a chance to get together.

I wonder if they will bring Casey back? It's just that the character is too different now to go back to that sort of frat boy interpretation.

Holy hell, is there a body count coming up. Paul, Abigail, Chad and Steve will all soon be gone.

Not that I think he is, but I don't think I would actually mind if Casey gave Chad another run.  I like Billy's Chad, but the reality is that they never really did anything with it, a wasted opportunity like you mentioned above.

Not that I want "frat boy" Chad back but I would be curious to see what his interpretation of an older Chad is.  To give Casey credit, where he really shined was when they showcased Casey's ability to shine with the older actresses, his family.  Chad's relationships with Kate, Lexie, and Kristen were a real highlight and Casey really shined as an actor in his scenes with them.  If he did come back I would love to see more of that aspect of his Chad.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that he is back permanently.. I am scared to get attached because Jack always gets screwed..

Same here.  It's bad enough that Stephen Nichols is leaving; to have MA come back for only a short stint would be turning the knife.  Hopefully Jack is here to stay.

Billy Flynn has been wasted on this show for awhile, so I'm not sorry to see him go. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

As someone who watched GH when Ron as there, I'm scared of what he will do to Jack. I'm predicting he will be as slapstick and bumbling as he can get. Which is not really who Jack is. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I like Billy's Chad, but the reality is that they never really did anything with it, a wasted opportunity like you mentioned above.

Billy's Chad is on Days solely to carry Abby. I recall when they announced the character's return that all of BF's interviews were about Chad's retconned true love story with Abby (plus Chad 2.0 being the baddest, most ruthless DiMera ever.. LOLOLOL). TPTB rarely let Chad deviate from that "love story" and he wasn't able to really grow as his own character cause he had to always be available to carry Abby's character.  I am not opposed to Casey D returning to the role but I think Chad needs a long rest. I am hoping when Chad leaves town that he throws Brady in the trunk of his car before he goes. He can strap Abby to the top of the car.

I do wonder with the exits of Chad & Abby what this means for Stefan since he's not really been allowed to develop much beyond his obsession for an alter of Abby. Will TC be the next departure?

Edited by Chick2Chic
fixed something.
  • Love 5

I'll miss Billy and his piercing blue eyes. Good actor that never seemed like a lifelong soap opera actor to me like Drake and Galen who can't act their way out of a paper bag.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, rcc said:

I'll miss Billy and his piercing blue eyes. Good actor that never seemed like a lifelong soap opera actor to me like Drake and Galen who can't act their way out of a paper bag.

Drake is not very good, but, he came alive in scenes with his kids, siblings, parents and Marlena as Roman and later as John. Galen is just terrible, there is nothing good about his acting skills.  Rafe has forever ruined Hope for me.  

I always knew that Billy would not stay. He went from an Accountant with a business degree to an actor. So, I always knew that he was here for a season. 

I think that Chabby will leave together with their two kids. If Billy leaving the show means that Abigail will leave too, then, I am all for it. I need a break from Abigail.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, rcc said:

Agreed.  Billy Flynn has kept me watching more than any other actor currently on canvas.  I never really cared for Casey's Chad.  Without Billy in the role, I hope just go with no Chad at all for a while.

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

I heard rumors that Billy was not liked by his co-stars and that his diva attitude turned off a lot of people. Not to mention, he pissed off Ron who did not care for him.

I swear the behind the scenes drama is much better than the actual show..lol

Plus, his tweeter meltdowns and statements about politics really pissed off a lot of fans. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8