Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I still think they're gonna try to finagle a way to save Valentin's weepy ass by blaming Pikeman on Ric. Shades of the lame retcon on Julian with Olivia Jerome.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, jsbt said:

I still think they're gonna try to finagle a way to save Valentin's weepy ass by blaming Pikeman on Ric. Shades of the lame retcon on Julian with Olivia Jerome.

I've been assuming it would turn out that Valentin has been undercover with Pikeman on behalf of the WSB, but had no thoughts about who the "big bad" would turn out to be. 

I'd only be interested in this entire thing if it turned out that Frisco had allowed himself to be removed as head of the WSB as part of the operation, and if that was what Mac had been helping him with.  I think my imagination is already creating a scenario where the brothers Scorpio team up with Felicia and Anna, and I guess we could throw Dante in there, in taking down Pikeman and saving the WSB and the world.  Too bad it will remain only in my head.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Is Bryan Craig still supposed to return to GH for a day? Or was that a PM idea that has been scuttled? I can't say I'm upset if that's the ase.

Edited by dubbel zout
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Is Bryan Craig still supposed to return to GH for a day? Or was that a PM idea that has been scuttled? I can't say I'm upset if that's the ase.

I think it came from Bryan and he seemed to be joking around. I could have missed a news report though

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought that was a real thing. D'oh!

Me too! I kept wondering when it was going to be. I assumed it would be connected somehow to Sonny's meds being tampered with. Like a dream sequence or something.  

• Like 1

Oh wait, sorry, that was set to be a one day thing with Bryan returning as Morgan. I may have confused him with someone else

I'm always happy to see her but it's pretty routine at this point. I am surprised to hear it apparently ties into Lucky. I don't think she and Jonathan have ever shared scenes.

• Like 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I'm always happy to see her but it's pretty routine at this point. I am surprised to hear it apparently ties into Lucky. I don't think she and Jonathan have ever shared scenes.

Where did it say her return ties into Lucky? I read it as the article is just repeating who else is returning this Summer

ETA: Never mind, the Variety article below does say that

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/emma-samms-general-hospital-return-holly-sutton-1236087743/

Edited by DanaK
  • Useful 2

With both Emma Samms and Jonathan Jackson coming back, what are the odds Nathan Parsons comes back as Ethan? Per IMDB he hasn’t worked since Roswell NM was canceled.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm glad she's feeling well enough to work, but Holly isn't needed.

While she's probably tied to Lucky's return I can see her being brought back to also usher Robert/TR off the show. He doesn't seem well and barely on as is. 

I'm in support of a Robert/Holly HEA if I'm right.

• Like 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

While she's probably tied to Lucky's return I can see her being brought back to also usher Robert/TR off the show. He doesn't seem well and barely on as is. 

I'm in support of a Robert/Holly HEA if I'm right.

I’d be for that at this point. They don’t seem at all interested in featuring Robert and it’s better than saddling him with Diane. He’s been the DA for 4 years but we’ve only seen him involved in like 2 cases. I hoped making Anna the police commissioner again would have involved him more with the PCPD but if anything, he’s been around less while she spends most of her time “working” with Jason. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 6

It's been done before. During the late 2000s/early 2010s under RC and others Robert was basically said to be back with Holly any time he visited, IIRC. I can't recall when that changed.

On 7/29/2024 at 4:04 PM, jqdeco said:

With both Emma Samms and Jonathan Jackson coming back, what are the odds Nathan Parsons comes back as Ethan? Per IMDB he hasn’t worked since Roswell NM was canceled.

I'm pretty sure the dialogue last time Nathan Parsons was on said that Ethan and Lucky were in touch and that he even saw him.

• Like 2
(edited)

Interesting behind the scenes photo from Twitter, via Wubs.  Look at that giant pool.  (Click for larger photo.) Cute eyeglasses.

spacer.png

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6

Several news sites are mentioning that there is security footage of JW’s shooting. The LAPD has given a description of the three men involved. I hope they catch these pricks. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Jonathan Jackson Gives Nod to Luke & Laura in Photo from Set

GH Casting Role that Sounds Like Laura's Comatose Daughter

GH has put out a call for the character of “Lauren,” who is described as 34 to 40 years old and a blonde, white woman. Lauren is described as beautiful, dynamic, and fiery (three characteristics that fit Lulu quite well). The character has overcome challenging circumstances and is now stronger and more determined than ever.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Deadline is reporting that JJ will be appear on-screen as Lucky in late August? Does that sound accurate to you all?

Well, they just got back from a three week break. Rick Hearst started last Monday and JJ started on Monday (yesterday). I think they are about 3-4 weeks out so it sounds pretty accurate considering I don’t know anything. LOL!!! Yup! Late August sounds reasonable.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Palimelon said:

If they do bring Ethan back, please let them reveal that he is actually Robert's son, not Luke's.

Pretty sure that was Carlivati's intent way back in 2012 when Ethan left and Scorpio returned on the heels of Robin's 'death' when they did a fakeout reveal of this, only for it to get walked back as Luke telling Robert a white lie to give him the will to live. My strong suspicion is that Tony Geary intervened, as he pushed hard to make Ethan Luke's son in the first place under Guza. He was very heavyhanded at that time with the new FV/RC team, and regularly began improvising Luke taking drinks unscripted during a storyline which was meant to deal with Luke's alcoholism. Due to Geary's improvs and resistance the story was scrapped and instead Luke got polonium poisoning. So I think he did the same by vetoing making Ethan a Scorpio instead of a Spencer, just as he vetoed Carlivati's intended Luke/Laura reunion which he signposted from Day 1 when Starr Manning drove into town retelling their legend. Wheels within wheels, folks.

• Useful 1
16 minutes ago, jsbt said:

just as he vetoed Carlivati's intended Luke/Laura reunion which he signposted from Day 1 when Starr Manning drove into town retelling their legend. Wheels within wheels, folks.

Damn you, Geary! I know, I know, it's an unpopular opinion, but I loved Luke and Laura, and even as Geary griped, complained, and pulled shit (like the above), he literally LIT UP in scenes with Genie. Their chemistry just can't be denied.

But, 'tis all moot now.

As for JJ? Yippeeeeee!!!!! And I love that in the article he says that Genie was a HUGE factor in his returning and that he's looking forward to being in scenes with her her again; and Becky. And DUH, stupid writer of article, that there won't be scenes with Geary since he's no longer on the show!

• Like 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As for JJ? Yippeeeeee!!!!! And I love that in the article he says that Genie was a HUGE factor in his returning and that he's looking forward to being in scenes with her her again; and Becky. And DUH, stupid writer of article, that there won't be scenes with Geary since he's no longer on the show!

I have pretty much stopped watching as the writing nosedived in the last month and PM's influence is clearly all but gone, but I will be back for Jonathan and I hope for another creative change with the numbers in such shape.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Palimelon said:

If they do bring Ethan back, please let them reveal that he is actually Robert's son, not Luke's.

Ugh, no. I never warmed to the character (obviously, heh), and I don't think shackling him to Robert instead of Luke does anyone any favors. Ethan should be a foundling.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I know there are some fans of Rebecca Budig and Hayden returning to the show (not me! I like Budig but Hayden was pointless AFAIC). I wanted to let them know she is in fact booked, busy and unavailable, as she has just joined B&B in an, uh, unusual recast. How can I put this? 

Spoiler

Rebecca Budig is now playing Taylor Hayes Forrester, long played by Hunter Tylo. One of the wildest and worst recasts I have ever seen.

Edited by jsbt
  • Mind Blown 9

I mean, I like Rebecca, B&B is tied with GH as my favorite soap back when I was watching soaps regularly, I like the character she will be playing, but...damn, that is such a...casting choice.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I know there are some fans of Rebecca Budig and Hayden returning to the show (not me! I like Budig but Hayden was pointless AFAIC). I wanted to let them know she is in fact booked, busy and unavailable, as she has just joined B&B in an, uh, unusual recast. How can I put this? 

Reveal spoiler

Rebecca Budig is now playing Taylor Hayes Forrester, long played by Hunter Tylo. One of the wildest and worst recasts I have ever seen.

Beat me to it! And the fact that I can't get over the age difference between her and Pod!Fake!Ridge.  Or that now she's 20 years younger than Brooke! Which, no.

• Applause 5
(edited)

Yeah… I don’t think it’ll work. While they are 14 years apart which isn’t atypical for soap parents and their kids, RBu reads younger than her age and JMW tends to look older so I won’t buy it when they share scenes. She’s pretty much the same age as the last Taylor recast but the last actress could pull it off better. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 5
(edited)
23 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Beat me to it! And the fact that I can't get over the age difference between her and Pod!Fake!Ridge.  Or that now she's 20 years younger than Brooke! Which, no.

I had to check that too, which would make Ridge a more horrible jackbutt then he is now.

Edited by jennifer6973
Words have meaning and Ridge is not a jackpot
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

There is a rumor they are talking to Stephanie Gatschet, former Tammy from GL. She'd be great. I was never a fan.of JMB or ER, so this would work for me. 

I think Jen Lilley would be a good replacement.  I know she got a lot of shit when she replaced Kirsten years ago and her real life antics might be questionable, but I thought she was good.  Kirsten gives off mean girl vibes.  I liked both actresses that played Lulu, but she’s been gone so long I think a recast will be fine.

• Like 2

I loved JMB but never warmed to ER. Not when she was on Y&R and absolutely not as lulu. Of course the writing didn’t do her any favors either, but I just didn’t think she was a good fit.

(edited)

I am fond of both ER and JMB as actresses, but agree that JMB probably fit the role better.  Not looking forward to yet another recast, mostly because I'm tired of having to watch the show while repeatedly asking myself, "Wait...who is that supposed to be now?"

Edited by JMO
  • Like 2

I always have some sympathy for recasts, as it's hard to step into a character someone else created and make it your own. But ER's Lulu didn't seem like the daughter of Luke and Laura at all. Most of that was the writing, which is never the actor's fault, but I also think ER didn't have a handle on the essence of who Lulu is.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I loved JMB but never warmed to ER. Not when she was on Y&R and absolutely not as lulu. Of course the writing didn’t do her any favors either, but I just didn’t think she was a good fit.

ER was exhausting to watch as Lulu for me during a period where I was watching GH regularly. I didn't really like her on Y&R either. She seems like a nice person IRL. Her acting style isn't my cup of tea though.

While she was great on Guiding Light, ER's version of Lulu was definitely Basic Bitch Barbie and it just didn't fit. I hope they find someone with more grit. 

Also:

"...A blonde, white woman, Lauren is described as beautiful, dynamic, and fiery. The character has overcome challenging circumstances and is now stronger and more determined than ever."

I love that the casting feint is for a "Lauren," which was Kiki's real name. Who knows, maybe it really IS for Kiki. After all what could be more challenging than being dead?

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Budig is 50 but sure don't look it - she looks the same age as her onscreen daughter lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
17 minutes ago, jsbt said:

And Budig is 50 but sure don't look it - she looks the same age as her onscreen daughter lol.

She does! And hearing her dialogue today was just second hand embarrassment.

• Like 1