Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

So Robert is sticking around?

These fuckers are so fucking dumb. Robert should have always been around. They were stupid for losing him at the end of GH Espionage. The Scorpios should have been the focus instead of the West/Westborne/Whatever Silas last name is.

I may have to actually still care about this shit, if RobertFuckingScorpio is sticking around.

It's so obvious that getting TR on contract - and writing well for the Scorpio family - should have been high priority for years. Which would have worked with the other primary need of this show ... fixing the completely fucked up moral balance on this show that has been a huge problem for years.

Ron and Frank decided to double down on vile stories, instead. And you can see how that worked out.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 9

I think the network sees dropping ratings and goes "Moar Sonny!" Sees Steve Burton leave for CBS, goes "Moar Sonny!" Lawsuit? "Moar Sonny!" Because if PP wouldn't have had that lawsuit, then GH would've gone on the same track as 2012 with McBain as more of a central good guy character, with RoHo going to OLTL PP, and SK's AJ being paired in a love/hate thing with Carly. Just my opinion.

• Love 1

I think the network sees dropping ratings and goes "Moar Sonny!" Sees Steve Burton leave for CBS, goes "Moar Sonny!" Lawsuit? "Moar Sonny!" Because if PP wouldn't have had that lawsuit, then GH would've gone on the same track as 2012 with McBain as more of a central good guy character, with RoHo going to OLTL PP, and SK's AJ being paired in a love/hate thing with Carly. Just my opinion.

I want to watch your show

• Love 3

My personal favorite version of this song will always be the Righteous Brothers, but Mr. Jackson has served up a mighty fine take on the tune...

LeAnn Rimes, at just 14 years old, did a very good version herself, too. 

Okay, that was really good. It's a HARD song to sing and I've only ever truly loved the Righteous Brothers and U2's version. U2 takes it in a slightly different direction... a bit more desperate than the yearning of the original but I really love the way it turned out. JJ did a hell of a job here. I don't think I've heard much of him singing unless it's backup for others so it was great to hear his range.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 2

"Attention, General Hospital fans! There is plenty to be thankful for this year! Sonny Corinthos, Dante Falconeri & Nathan West to name a few. It's time for a Holiday Binge with all the latest free General Hospital full episodes! No need to sign in. This is your one-stop spot to find all available free episodes of General Hospital  all season long. Just click, and binge watch the hottest soap around!"

http://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital/news/gh-news/general-hospital-watch-free-episodes-online-with-no-sign-in-121415

Looks like Dec. 1-7 on that page, so maybe a week delay?

"Attention, General Hospital fans! There is plenty to be thankful for this year! Sonny Corinthos, Dante Falconeri & Nathan West to name a few. It's time for a Holiday Binge with all the latest free General Hospital full episodes! No need to sign in. This is your one-stop spot to find all available free episodes of General Hospital all season long. Just click, and binge watch the hottest soap around!"

http://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital/news/gh-news/general-hospital-watch-free-episodes-online-with-no-sign-in-121415

Looks like Dec. 1-7 on that page, so maybe a week delay?

Oh, sure, if I'm thankful for anything this holiday season, it's a murderous moobster who can't find his towels, his unrecognizable douchebag son and a talking tree. Merry Christmas!

Edited by magnolia11
  • Love 8

And I guess we're not supposed to be thankful for any of the female characters. #eyeroll

Well, of course. We're all just a bunch of bored housewives who only require some dimples and abs to be happy.  

• Love 15

I do wonder if her husband would come back as Jake Meyer for Bobbie, especially now that there's only one other Jake to confuse him with rather than two (hey, if his wife can join the show, he can return!).

Of course, with old GF NLG AND his wife there things might seem weird, but you never know.

Random, but the old Mayor Lomax was known on another forum I go to as Mayor Macy Gray. 

Edited by UYI

According to her IMDB page, Belafonte hasn't been super busy, so her price might not be that much. I'm sure TG leaving freed up some cash, and it's not as if Frank is investing in the sets or production values.

I also think anyone looking to work on a soap understands the financial realities, i.e., things are tight.

• Love 1

I see it as GH's sad attempt to add diversity to the cast. IMO, GH is horrible with diversity and has been for decades. They are adding these characters yet the don't have storylines of their own or a POV.

Y&R has had an AA family for decades (while not perfect)they have 3 generations of the Winters on the show. There have been marriages, births, divorces, scheming, plotting, etc. They have jobs and actual housing.

B&B has added POC since I started watching for SK. One female is Transgender (known publicly as Transgender) and married into the core family. Her sister is currently her surrogate. There are 5 other POC in addition to them. People have jobs, careers, interning along with scheming and doing soapy things.

AMC had the Hubbard's which was another family with 3 generations, filled with cops and doctors. Angie is the definition of a soap heroine.

GH has random black people that all seem to know each other. Jordan is made into a villain because she's a law officer and does her job. Curtis is a criminal, the new psych doc is supposedly berating his patients, Mayor Lomax is part of the legion of doom, Valerie has been made into a husband stealer and TJ (who).

TR not being used while BC is held up as Emmy material is freaking insane. I'm so happy he got the Showtime gig.

Lol, see we have diversity too isn't going to cute it anymore. TPTB need to check out the Sleepy Hollow and Flash threads to find out how placating works in 2015.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 6

Oh, I'm sure hiring a name is a jab at the other soaps.

I guess I don't really think of Shari Belafonte as a name, her father yes, her not so much. 

I just look at this as a continuation of GH's stunting casting, which began with La Liz in the early 80's (Sammie Davis, Jr.,  BB King, Shirley Jones (the woman is an Oscar winner), Michael Learned, Milton Berle, Billy Dee Williams).  That being said I don't see them doing it more or less than any other soap. 

• Love 1

I see it as GH's sad attempt to add diversity to cast. IMO, GH is horrible with diversity and has been for decades. They are adding these characters yet the don't have storylines of their own or a POV.

Y&R has had an AA family for decades (while not perfect)they have 3 generations of the Winters on the show. There have been marriages, births, divorces, scheming, plotting, etc. They have jobs and actual housing.

B&B has added POC since I started watching for SK. One female is Transgender (known publicly as Transgender) and married into the core family. Her sister is currently her surrogate. There are 5 other POC in addition to them. People have jobs, careers, interning along with scheming and doing soapy things.

AMC had the Hubbard's which was another family with 3 generations, filled with cops and doctors. Angie is the definition of a soap heroine.

GH has random black people that all seem to know each other. Jordan is made into a villain because she's a law officer and does her job. Curtis is a criminal, the new psych doc is supposedly berating his patients, Mayor Lomax is part of the legion of doom, Valerie has been made into a husband stealer and TJ (who).

TR not being used while BC is held up as Emmy material is freaking insane. I'm so happy he got the Showtime gig.

Lol, see we have diversity too isn't going to cute it anymore. TPTB need to check out the Sleepy Hollow and Flash threads to find out how placating works in 2015.

Sonny adopted a black kid, hired a black woman as his physical therapist, and two of his other sons are banging women of color.   And there was a black couple eating at Carey's hotel last week.  How much more do you want?!? 

All jokes aside, I think the show missed a huge opportunity by not having Jordan be Keisha and having TJ be AJ's son.  

• Love 5

Michael Logan's Best and Worst in Soaps in 2015:

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/60478/the-best-and-worst-in-soaps-2015/

Critical Condition: Thankfully, ABC saw fit to oust genius-gone-haywire Ron Carlivati as head writer of GH, but not before he trashed several beloved characters, rewrote key historical events, sabotaged some of his biggest stars (Michelle Stafford, Roger Howarth, and especially Maura West), and sent the show to its lowest ratings ever. Now things are wonderfully on the upswing, but it got pretty damn scary there.

...does Michael Logan not get that Michelle Stafford, Roger Howarth and Maura West - who've all been with the show four years or less - shouldn't be GH's "biggest stars"?  But he's not wrong about Denise.  That really was the final straw for most with Ron.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

With all these budget cuts, how can they afford her? I mean, I can't imagine she comes cheap.  And she's a decent actress, but, how can the show afford her?

Am I the only one who thinks that hiring Shari Behrens is maybe possibly Frank's "revenge" on Nancy for the Viola incident?

That really was the final straw for most with Ron.

I think Maura West getting the shaft with that character could have been the alpha and the omega for Ron.

I truly don't have a good handle on his taste.  There are SO many things he -- and any normal person -- should hate. And Logan will lap it up.  He is hard-wired to camp.  But make his Maura West put on a bad wig and fake a horrid accent? Death is too good a punishment.

• Love 1

There are SO many things he -- and any normal person -- should hate. And Logan will lap it up.  He is hard-wired to camp

...I'm a normal person and I didn't hate every aspect of Ron's campier choices.  I was all about the masks the first time, when Faison's Duke one melted and Dr. O peeled off the Anna one.  

• Love 7

...I'm a normal person and I didn't hate every aspect of Ron's campier choices.  I was all about the masks the first time, when Faison's Duke one melted and Dr. O peeled off the Anna one.  

Oh I definitely wasn't trying to say that everything Ron Carlivati did -- even some of the campier stuff -- should have been universally hated. I actually didn't mean to say that the stuff Logan should have hated was just campy stuff either. I just see that his 'campy' setting is a light higher (or should it be lower) than most of the audience.

I meant to be saying that Logan loved some things that made me scratch my head. I honestly can't remember which they were. But I think he loved Franco. He's been on board with Nina from day one.  He eats up Dr. O, even when she crossed from villain to campy stickler for details.  He liked Spencer. He liked the vampires, if I recall correctly, though I know some people did like that storyline. 

Oh I definitely wasn't trying to say that everything Ron Carlivati did -- even some of the campier stuff -- should have been universally hated. I actually didn't mean to say that the stuff Logan should have hated was just campy stuff either. I just see that his 'campy' setting is a light higher (or should it be lower) than most of the audience.

I meant to be saying that Logan loved some things that made me scratch my head. I honestly can't remember which they were. But I think he loved Franco. He's been on board with Nina from day one.  He eats up Dr. O, even when she crossed from villain to campy stickler for details.  He liked Spencer. He liked the vampires, if I recall correctly, though I know some people did like that storyline. 

I loved the masks and the vamps, hated Franco, Nina, and Spencer.  

By the by, my favorite 'mask' scenes were O-na and then Anna pretending to be Faison in an Anna mask.  I seriously loved every single thing with the masks.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3