Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I think this story has been badly structured and badly paced but do I think this is absolutely beyond Elizabeth?  No. 

This. It just doesn't feel that OOC to me. But then I've always thought Liz was at least mildly unhinged, especially with regards to men and particularly Jason, so this just really doesn't seem far-fetched to me. And for that reason alone I think this story could actually be very good, but of course it's written horribly so it's not.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Liz lies. It's been a joke for over a decade now. She's lied about the paternity of each one of her children and then lied about the maternity of Sam's child. She lied about sleeping with Jason and Nik and when in the midst of her lies she uses bitch face (but only with other women!) like it's going out of style and when confronted by men, her little face crumples with devastation until the next time. I think this story has been badly structured and badly paced but do I think this is absolutely beyond Elizabeth?  No. 

I don't think Patrick's shit is comparable - but Nik? I despise him just as much as Liz right now if it's any comfort.

I'm torn . . . This behavior is definitely way beyond pre-Fall 2009 Elizabeth when she suddenly and randomly had an affair with Nikolas. Seriously, I think I missed one maybe two episodes and they were having an affair out of the big blue sky.

That whole thing never made a lick of sense, especially when Guza did it at the same time he finally got JJ back after years of trying.

Anyway, I've seen folks here and elsewhere point to Liz's 'bad girl' past as a foundation for this behavior, but lots of people smoke and are itchy to their parents/grandparents as teens without later acting as a full on whack-a-doodle-doo as an adult.

Ultimately, the difference between Patrick and Liz's actions is that for me it comes across as Patrick being written wildly out of character on purpose for story purposes, whereas Liz has been nothing more than a plot device since the fall of 2009 with a changing personality and motivations depending on the story.

All of that said, just reveal that both "Patrick" and "Liz" have been other people in masks and then move on. Heh, I'd kinda love if this Jasus-obsessed Liz was actually JF!Franco in a mask.

• Love 2

Yes, I have to say I agree with those who think Liz's behavior, while beyond the pale, really isn't new. Although it is much more exaggerated now. She lied about the paternity of her kids. She has had her fixation on Jason back to her "painting the wind" days. She left Zander for dead, allowing someone else to take the blame and didn't speak up.

In short, Liz is not the "good girl" she has purported herself to be.

Patrick? He always has had a douche streak, and an ego, and can be myopic. But his throughline, one of them, was hating the mob. One of the reasons I like(d) the guy. He hated Jason. And he hated Robin's attachment to Jason. And Sonny. As well he should, with Robin being shot by Sonny in their home and in front of their child.

So now with him patting Sam on the head about the Holy Hitman and talking to freaking Sonny, yes. I say it's out of character. And the Patrick of old, douche streak and all, had smarts. If not a plot puppet, he was usually in tune with Robin, so I think he would pick up on the fact that, no, her behavior is not normal and she would never abandon her child. But he can't. Because we need to have manufactured drama. He and Anna are pissing me off like hell right now. Big time. But I also think they are being trashed to make this drawn out shit fly.

Whereas with Liz, there is a long history of shady behavior. This is why I approach Patrick and Liz being shit upon so differently.

• Love 9

Some guy from the webseries Youthful Daze is suing Bryan Craig. lol what. I'd say Bryan sold him skin cream, but it's probably something lame like Bryan didn't put 100% into his performance on Youthful Daze.

Why is BC always involved in something dramatic!?

I know, even when he's not causing it it seems to find him.

I saw that on Twitter, not sure what he's suing him for, but that's the same guy that unloaded on KA a while back.

He's probably suing Bryan for having the same first name as him, and having a first name as a last name in common to boot. "How dare you! That's MY thing!"

• Love 1

Soap Fans United ‏@SoapFansUnited1 30m30 minutes ago
#YouthfulDaze Creator Bryan James Sues #GH bad boy Bryan Craig for Contractual Fraud.

Please let the details be ridiculous and stupid so I can have a laugh

• Love 7

I don't take any of those webseries remotely seriously. That said, given his other ventures Our Bryan actually being in breach of a real contract would not shock me in the least.

• Love 2

I wasn't sure where to put this, here or in the Spoiler thread, but it really fits better here. It's slightly spoilery, so just be aware if you're super paranoid . LW does a nice job narrating, CD, BC, BA and EW make an appearance, but this gives a good idea on sets and how small they are. Also get to see wardrobe department, so basically a behind the scenes look. Disclaimer: Frank is also there.

GMA's 40th Anniversary:

http://www.whatshaking.com/uncategorized/watch-gma-40-for-40-behind-the-scenes-at-general-hospital/

• Love 2

Per Tristan's Twitter ( I can't embed it because I don't have an account and he also posted it on FB), RobertFucking!Scorpio's first air date is December17 assuming nothing changes.

The feed is confusing because it sounds like he's only coming back to spend Christmas with family??!!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

:popping popcorn:

If you are like me you wondered what it was all about, particularly since Youthful Daze seems to have no shortage of high profile actors wanting to be on the show. Clicking on the tweet to see the replies revealed that Craig is apparently being sued by the show's creator, Bryan James. Further details were difficult to find, so I went right to the source and talked to Bryan James about his lawsuit.  According to him, Bryan Craig was under contract with Youthful Daze and was paid a sum total of $20,000 in advance. A problem arose when, according to James, Bryan started making excuses not to come in to work. James accuses him of being in breach of contract for that and for not promoting the show, which is apparently also included in the contract. In addition, James said he offered to let Bryan come back on the show and finish filming, but he refused. Bryan James repeatedly assured me this is just business for him and he simply wants to be reimbursed for the money he paid Bryan Craig. However, James does say he fears for his safety as a result of this lawsuit, saying that his tires were slashed the day Bryan Craig was served. He also says Craig and fiancé Kelly Thiebaud (ex-Britt, GH) have been harassing him online and by phone, and says the couple recently showed up to his house uninvited and banged on his door. As a result, James plans to file a restraining order against Bryan Craig. Regardless, James insists he has nothing against Bryan personally, he just wants his money back.

http://paulas-soapbox.blogspot.com/2015/11/youthful-daze-creator-bryan-james-suing.html

• Love 5

I wasn't sure where to put this, here or in the Spoiler thread, but it really fits better here. It's slightly spoilery, so just be aware if you're super paranoid . LW does a nice job narrating, CD, BC, BA and EW make an appearance, but this gives a good idea on sets and how small they are. Also get to see wardrobe department, so basically a behind the scenes look. Disclaimer: Frank is also there.

GMA's 40th Anniversary:

http://www.whatshaking.com/uncategorized/watch-gma-40-for-40-behind-the-scenes-at-general-hospital/

Did this actually air on television? It's painfully long and boring.

Y'know, not to condone any unprofessional behavior on Bryan Craig's part, but I'm wondering a little bit if this isn't partly for publicity. I don't question whether or not he's immature enough to not show up for work because he wants to spend all day farting around on Twitter or whatever, but slashing the tires of someone's car is an actual criminal act, and he could be arrested if it's true. I don't think even BryDog would risk jail. More like he'd get on his feed and post something like #UMadBro?

• Love 2

BC has his own little fratboy crew, I could definitely picture one of them getting hammered and slashing some tires on behalf of their buddy.

But both of the Bryans are nuts, so who knows.

• Love 4

This story, if true, is incredible. Bryan Craig has now rounded the Nathaniel Marston Curve for bad behavior and is cruising towards the Robert Kelker-Kelly Nebula minus any fondling. At least the late Mr. Marston was, by most accounts, a prince of a guy when he was under control (at least to his work colleagues). If the facts are legit Frank has fired people for less.

They'll probably leave after 10 minutes.

"It smelled, so we bounced!"

• Love 9

Nathaniel Marston also turned into a dark story as he tragically passed away after being a car crash. This might have been a bit gauche, so I didn't post it before, but when Nathaniel war reported to being a paraplegic, I wonder if Frank would try to hire him in a guest spot so Sonny and Carly could whine to him about how much harder Sonny has than him because he was such an important man before the accident.

I smell damage control.

kelly thiebaud ‏@kellythiebaud  11m11 minutes ago

@bryan_craig and I will be serving the homeless Thanksgiving morning @MidniteMission  Hoping to put big smiles on everyone's faces!

https://twitter.com/kellythiebaud/status/667413885608067072

My favorite part is the mission replying to Kelly, saying how "exited" they are to have them, as opposed to "excited." 

He is cute.

Pet peeve of mine, but I HATE when Laura uses "Carly's World." THE. SHOW. DOES. NOT. REVOLVE. CARLY.*

*ok, fine, by and large the freakin' show revolves around Carly. But it shouldn't.

I know what you mean, but eh, it's her character, so I see what she means. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

I had no idea the GH studio was so big. OLTL's studio in NY was minuscule! 25,000 square feet? Damn! And the nurses station is pretty big too, I was surprised to find out its three levels with working elevators.

Laura did a really nice job with the tour and its great that they'll be doing a holiday gala. Not crazy about some of the dresses I saw, but I'll reserve judgment until I see them on the actresses. And hey, Sonny is still in a wheelchair at Christmas. yay,

• Love 4

All I keep picturing is "Hey, we've got a great opportunity for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting business opportunity and earn enough money to get yourself off the streets and into a real home. You can join us in the thriving multi-billion dollar skin care industry."   "Um, I just wanted some gravy on my potatoes..." 

• Love 10

Hold the phone. It says that dude was on How to Get Away with Murder. Did he play McKayla's ex? Because he's freaking fine. Yes, please.

No; Elliot Knight played Aiden on Murder and he is currently playing Merlin on Once.

• Love 1

I'm not surprised. Offline folks tuned in thinking this Jason mess would be outed, fully. They thought Nic & Liez would be exposed. They gave it til Tuesday, said 'WTF? Are they really still dragging this shit story some more? Fuck this, I'm out'. Frank bet big and he lost. It's sweeps FFS, man! Drop your fucking load and Move.The.Fuck.On.

• Love 10

I sure ain't watching live or giving them numbers yet. I watch clips online that they can't monetize. This is the first time I've done that since AMC raped Bianca twelve years ago. I'll DVR when they put Robin back in Port Charles with her family, not before.

• Love 1