Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, JMO said:

Tough news re: John York.  If you're eligible to be tested, for his sake and the sake of so many others, please do so. 

I apparently missed that he had announced earlier he was taking a break. Best wishes to him and I hope he makes a full recovery

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 1

Finally.

This is going to put poor Lisa Lo Cicero's place on the canvas in harsh contrast, but tbh this should all have been dealt with a long time ago. Lois and Olivia are insanely similar down to identical backstories, LLC probably should've just been the Lois recast she auditioned for in the mid-2000s and the show has never really dared deal heavily in the Lois/Olivia dynamic re: Ned because of how similar they are. Now they have to. I am okay with Olivia staying with Ned and I highly, highly doubt Rena is back for good or will agree to be re-paired with Wally, but I am glad this is finally happening.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Oh, now this I'm interested in!

9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This Deadline article goes more into John J. York's health. Had no idea he was having an issue!

Wishing him and his family all the best.

Oh, wow, I'm sending him positive thoughts!  Good to see this is getting the press it deserves--hopefully this will mobilize people.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, DanaK said:

I will say though, 26 years in between appearances is a heck of a long time. I also can't believe it's been that long since Rena left

I'm sure she made an appearance sometime in the last decade. Or at least since 2006 because that's when I started watching again. 

7 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I'm sure she made an appearance sometime in the last decade. Or at least since 2006 because that's when I started watching again. 

She hasn't. Lois was briefly recast with Lesli Kay in the mid-2000s and was onscreen around that time, but vanished again.

• Like 1

The Eddie Maine stuff has had the ghost of Lois all over it, so it's great Rena is coming back. I hadn't even realized that she had left B&B.

As per uzh for this show and its dozens of amnesiacs -- we're not really clear on what "memories" Eddie Maine has. Psychologically speaking, he was never an actual alternative personality of Ned's. But does he have memories of playing as Eddie -- and of falling for Lois? 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Billy Miller (ex-Drew/Jason) is dead at 43.

Billy Miller had a real volatile, magnetic energy when used well and written for properly - I remember his AMC stint as Richie Novak that first got him noticed and how compelling he was. Other shows like Y&R leaned too hard on bad story and bad ideas, but he was still a quality actor. His GH run was a total mess creatively but he gave the recast Jason (and later Drew, a stop-gap character the show clearly had little investment in) real soul for the first time in aeons and was so tender and kind both with Hudson West's Jake and with Leslie Charleson as Monica. He was also the last man to have serious chemistry with Kelly Monaco and the last to wake her up. I'll always remember those aspects of his performance; he deserved better from soaps than he got. What a tragedy.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 27
  • Applause 1
15 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Billy Miller had a real volatile, magnetic energy when used well and written for properly - I remember his AMC stint as Richie Novak that first got him noticed and how compelling he was. Other shows like Y&R leaned too hard on bad story and bad ideas, but he was still a quality actor. His GH run was a total mess creatively but he gave the recast Jason (and later Drew, a stop-gap character the show clearly had little investment in) real soul for the first time in aeons and was so tender and kind both with Hudson West's Jake and with Leslie Charleson as Monica. He was also the last man to have serious chemistry with Kelly Monaco and the last to wake her up. I'll always remember those aspects of his performance; he deserved better from soaps than he got. What a tragedy.

Holy crap! This one is a shocker. His birthday was only the day before mine. So sad that, ironically, this is reported on what would have been his birthday!

I realize it's none of our business, but I do wonder how he died. Human nature, I suppose.

May he rest in peace!

• Like 2
  • Sad 13
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Well damn, what a shock and way too young. Love to his family

• Like 2
  • Sad 10

Yes,  he deserved better than what he got.  He was a true talent.  He could have been starring in primetime.  He could act.  And yes he was magnetic.   I would say he deserved better than what he got from GH specifically.  I still held out hope he'd return, even tho I knew it was so unlikely. I am not aware of Y & R not understanding what they had.  Either way, it's too late now, and I feel terrible for his loved ones, and for him too.  What a loss.   RIP Billy.  You were special. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 3
  • Sad 10
  • Love 1

I just saw this on Twitter and had to fact check to br sure it was true. I’m heartbroken! 43 years old! I adored him. Like others I always held up some hope that he might return to GH. Or that I’d see him in something else. Now we’ll never see him again. RIP Billy. You were loved by so many. 😢

• Like 9
  • Sad 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I realize it's none of our business, but I do wonder how he died. Human nature, I suppose.

May he rest in peace!

That's a normal reaction to have when no cause of death is given.

3 minutes ago, mariah23 said:

His publicist said he was diagnosed with Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP) in 2021.  The disease was what Dudley Moore had.

That is just plain awful. I was thinking about him awhile back wondering why it seemed like he had just disappeared. I didn't want that kind of health issue to be the reason. Kind of hoped he had found some non acting job he was enjoying.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Here's more coverage of Billy Miller's death from TVLine: https://tvline.com/news/billy-miller-dead-cause-of-death-young-restless-general-hospital-1235044870/

(I wish they quoted someone better than Muhney. Sorry. My stuff. I don't like him from the Veronica Mars days.)

Here's coverage from The NY Post (it has some decent history of Miller, but then just quotes a bunch of fans on Twitter): https://nypost.com/2023/09/17/billy-miller-of-yampr-and-general-hospital-dead-at-43/

Deadline names Kelly Monaco as his "longtime love." https://deadline.com/2023/09/billy-miller-dead-the-young-and-the-restless-daytime-emmy-winner-was-43-1235548807/

What a shame — such a young, handsome, talented man. I will always be disappointed how GH squandered him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6
15 minutes ago, Jaded said:

You're not the only one by a long shot. 

Oh, right! I forgot about Hunter King (never watched Y&R). 

Hopefully, we'll get some reactions from Miller's GH castmates and other Y&R actors.

Edited to add:

I didn't realize it hasn't even been a full year since Sonya Eddy died. And of course we lost our sweet Jacklyn Zeman in May. Now Billy. This has been a rough year for the GH cast. 

Edited by General Days
  • Sad 9
1 hour ago, PTracy said:

I'm not sure if most of that article is correct except for the fact that he died and maybe a couple other things. The updated TVLine article has completely different names for his family members listed and that his rep said he suffered from manic depression which is another word for Bipolar. Maybe he had both. Hopefully some clarification will come out at some point concerning the PSP.

Billy Miller, Daytime Emmy-Winning Y&R and GH Vet, Dead at 43

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

I need to stop watching the tribute clips for today. I'd forgotten all the little touches he threw in -- like, literal touches -- hugging and kissing his characters' friends and family, having little verbal asides. He just seemed like such an affectionate guy. 

• Hugs 5
  • Sad 5
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I'm not sure if most of that article is correct except for the fact that he died and maybe a couple other things. The updated TVLine article has completely different names for his family members listed and that his rep said he suffered from manic depression which is another word for Bipolar. Maybe he had both. Hopefully some clarification will come out at some point concerning the PSP.

Billy Miller, Daytime Emmy-Winning Y&R and GH Vet, Dead at 43

I am sure we will know eventually. Having the resent loss of my daughter-in-law to an illness with some of the same symptoms it just really hit close to home. It is an incredibly awful thing to go through. 

• Hugs 9
9 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I knew they dated but had no idea they were still together.  How awful for everyone.  Loved him on GH.

Kelly has denied it before. I don't know whether that's just out of a desire to protect her privacy or if it's true.

But yeah, the whole thing is just awful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, General Days said:

Here's more coverage of Billy Miller's death from TVLine: https://tvline.com/news/billy-miller-dead-cause-of-death-young-restless-general-hospital-1235044870/

(I wish they quoted someone better than Muhney. Sorry. My stuff. I don't like him from the Veronica Mars days.)

Here's coverage from The NY Post (it has some decent history of Miller, but then just quotes a bunch of fans on Twitter): https://nypost.com/2023/09/17/billy-miller-of-yampr-and-general-hospital-dead-at-43/

Deadline names Kelly Monaco as his "longtime love." https://deadline.com/2023/09/billy-miller-dead-the-young-and-the-restless-daytime-emmy-winner-was-43-1235548807/

What a shame — such a young, handsome, talented man. I will always be disappointed how GH squandered him.

Oh, PSP is BRUTAL.

I did see some off the wall site with the news, and it said suicide. I was leery, but in this context, it sadly makes perfect sense.

Just awful, all the way around.

• Sad 3

TMZ is reporting manic depression. That other site is reporting PSP. I guess we won’t know the truth until his manager or family confirms. 

Either way, it’s extremely sad! PSP sounds awful, and manic depression (aka bipolar disorder) is serious. I just wish none of this had happened to him. Both scenarios are rough! RIP BIlly!! 

• Sad 3

I think Deadline just made a mistake in listing Kelly Monaco with survivors as his longtime love. I had heard that Miller moved to Texas last year with a girlfriend, which obviously wouldn't have been her.

Also, weren't his fans mad at her for some comments she made at a fan event over the summer that "threw Billy under the bus"? What I'd read was that she said she went along with him in pushing for "Dream" to continue instead of "JaSam," and she regretted having done it. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I don't really care if he and kemo were still together or not.  He was intensely private about his personal life and it's not my business.  Someone posted on the episode discussion that it's going to be even harder to watch CM as Drew now that Billy is gone, and that resonated with me.  I still felt his absence even 4 years after those elevator doors closed.  I took a break after that because I had a very bad taste in my mouth over what happened to him.  And when CM came on I never got over feeling robbed that I could be watching Billy.  Should be watching him.  CM had nothing to do with what happened of course.  But I  think it's going to be hard for me to watch this week.  

• Like 8
  • Hugs 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, lala2 said:

TMZ is reporting manic depression. That other site is reporting PSP. I guess we won’t know the truth until his manager or family confirms. 

It's both. One of his friends who suffers from PSP said that they both have it.

Whatever it was, it's a tragedy and a life cut too short. 

8 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

Also, weren't his fans mad at her for some comments she made at a fan event over the summer that "threw Billy under the bus"? What I'd read was that she said she went along with him in pushing for "Dream" to continue instead of "JaSam," and she regretted having done it. 

I'm personally not aware of any of this because I don't really follow the backstage stuff. But him pushing for Dream limited his options severely on a show where he had very little options to begin with once Steve Burton came back. I hated everything about that return. 

I'd rather have kept Drew in a different pairing or single. BM added a something to his scenes that is wholly absent from the show. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
  • A very recent update gives a closer look into Billy Miller’s cause of death. According to General Hospital news reports and GeniusCelebs.com, Miller’s publicist revealed that the actor died of complications from progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP). Reportedly, Billy Miller died of a stroke on September 16th.

PSP is a neurological disorder which causes negative effects on your ability to balance, adversely affects vision, speech, and movement. He was undergoing treatment since his diagnosis with PSP in 2021.

• https://www.generalhospitalblog.com/general-hospital-news-billy-millers-cause-of-death-revealed/

Sorry for the double post. I messed something up. I also tried to say that I don't know if that site is legit, but it's so sad. I was just thinking of BM the other day. May he rest in peace.

• Useful 3
29 minutes ago, BunnyFooFoo said:
  • A very recent update gives a closer look into Billy Miller’s cause of death. According to General Hospital news reports and GeniusCelebs.com, Miller’s publicist revealed that the actor died of complications from progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP). Reportedly, Billy Miller died of a stroke on September 16th.

PSP is a neurological disorder which causes negative effects on your ability to balance, adversely affects vision, speech, and movement. He was undergoing treatment since his diagnosis with PSP in 2021.

• https://www.generalhospitalblog.com/general-hospital-news-billy-millers-cause-of-death-revealed/

Sorry for the double post. I messed something up. I also tried to say that I don't know if that site is legit, but it's so sad. I was just thinking of BM the other day. May he rest in peace.

It’s possible that might be a different Billy Miller. I thought I saw something on Twitter that reported somebody with that name died of a stroke but comments suggested it was someone else. But I’ve been seeing in this topic that the actor had both Palsy and Manic Depression. Is that accurate?