Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I just came here to comment about the interview. I’ve only read print interviews with Chad and very few of daytime actors get talk show interviews. Anyway, Chad sounds like a total spaz. He could barely form 2 words or sentences together. I saw the time only had the interview for 32 minutes so I thought I’d give it a whirl. Laura Wrights interview was like an hour and Chad’s interview is so short which may explain why. Man! He was either very nervous or he can only speak by memorizing lines as a character. 

I don’t want to be unkind because he talked about having anxiety and it being crippling when he first started the show, but man, yeah it was hard to watch this interview.  There were interesting topics, like the sister his mom gave up for adoption and how he reconnected with her, or his struggles when he first joined GH, but he couldn’t make it through one coherent sentence. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Jma14 said:

I don’t want to be unkind because he talked about having anxiety and it being crippling when he first started the show, but man, yeah it was hard to watch this interview.  There were interesting topics, like the sister his mom gave up for adoption and how he reconnected with her, or his struggles when he first joined GH, but he couldn’t make it through one coherent sentence. 

I think even Maurice was confused with the timeline because Chad made no sense. Anxiety is one thing but normal conversation is a whole other thing and he couldn’t speak coherently. Thank goodness it was only a half hour. 

• Love 3

Does it sound to anyone else like maybe Chad and Courtney realized before the wedding that it wasn't going to work, but they were set with all the publicity and stuff, so they just... did the wedding anyway and didn't do the legal stuff? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
Just now, ouinason said:

Does it sound to anyone else like maybe Chad and Courtney realized before the wedding that it wasn't going to work, but they were set with all the publicity and stuff, so they just... did the wedding anyway and didn't do the legal stuff? 

I've wondered that (and I didn't see the interview), that they didn't want to deal with canceling the wedding and all the hoopla and explanations that would entail, so they just didn't file the marriage license.

Which is what makes you legally married, no matter how many soap characters try to stop a wedding before the "I do's"!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Which is what makes you legally married, no matter how many soap characters try to stop a wedding before the "I do's"!

You do see that itself as a soap opera retcon from time to time. Especially in the old days, when they wanted to give the noble hero or heroine an excuse to get together with a different character, without making them look like heels for leaving a marriage.

Color me confused.

It was just mutual, we didn’t actually sign anything. We weren’t really, like, you know, married or anything, really. 

Well then what was it? They had this elaborate ceremony. Was it just for show? Did they not exchange vows? Did no one officiate?

Leo - particularly new-Leo - is too old to be reading a book with a big "ABC" on the cover. And too old for a play-date with Avery.

What was the significance of the "Have we met before?" with Phyllis and Stella? Were the actresses in something together previously, or is this leading up to something?

Esme knows how to control Spencer, there is no doubt about that at all.

• Love 2

Chad also said they were on good terms, but she removed every single picture she had of him from her Insta! It's hard to believe they are still friendly and on good terms with each other! 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, lala2 said:

Chad also said they were on good terms, but she removed every single picture she had of him from her Insta! It's hard to believe they are still friendly and on good terms with each other! 

His perception = his reality lol!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

What was the significance of the "Have we met before?" with Phyllis and Stella? Were the actresses in something together previously, or is this leading up to something?

Don't know but some posters have speculated that Stella and Phyllis were related (I don't recall why), so maybe the scene will lead to that

• Useful 1
48 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Time again to pay attention to Sam scenes!

Not that the show needs more characters, but I'd love for the show to find LH something permanent or even recurring to do besides these sub stints.

She could come as another Cassadine, or a recast Lydia with Nik long lost kid and older sibling to Spencer.

48 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Time again to pay attention to Sam scenes!

Not that the show needs more characters, but I'd love for the show to find LH something permanent or even recurring to do besides these sub stints.

I don’t think she’d be interested in a contract. I follow her on IG and she pretty much works nonstop between her acting and directing gigs. Lifetime must love her

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think she’d be interested in a contract. I follow her on IG and she pretty much works nonstop between her acting and directing gigs. Lifetime must love her

Glad to hear her plate is full, even if it means my dreams of Cara Castillo moving to Port Charles never come true.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Glad to hear her plate is full, even if it means my dreams of Cara Castillo moving to Port Charles never come true.

*brain makes several leaps, landing on:*

Damn, Vincent Irizarry would have made a GREAT Cassadine!

• Love 11
On 2/2/2022 at 1:01 PM, jsbt said:

I would say she should replace her full time but tbh I think Sam is spent and they should find another role for LH.

Um...Sarah Webber lol?

Okay not her but I feel like it would be better for her to be a recast/SORASed character than a random newbie. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Um...Sarah Webber lol?

I would 100% give Sarah to Gina Tognoni. Lindsay, I have no idea but I'm sure there's something.

Liz's Special Guest Sister Rebecca Budig would die in a freak accident, because after over half a decade Hayden's only personality traits that I can detect are "if you squint I'm Greenlee".

• Love 1

The return of Paula. I haven't seen this in a while, but MB fans used to talk about her all the time. "Paula will not like this one bit," "Paula will have something to say about that," "Paula likes the marriage to Carly." I have no idea what Jonathan Frakes, Scott DeFreitas, or Juan Saucedo thinks of their spouse's storylines. I don't even know whether they follow the show, and I like it that way. And those are all people who are actually in the business, or have been. 

Also, that article says "Benard would wave a red flag if the polarizing affair didn’t ring true to him." Is that supposed to be "white flag" (surrender)? Red flag means to make someone even madder (bullfighting).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

The return of Paula. I haven't seen this in a while, but MB fans used to talk about her all the time. "Paula will not like this one bit," "Paula will have something to say about that," "Paula likes the marriage to Carly." I have no idea what Jonathan Frakes, Scott DeFreitas, or Juan Saucedo thinks of their spouse's storylines. I don't even know whether they follow the show, and I like it that way. And those are all people who are actually in the business, or have been. 

Also, that article says "Benard would wave a red flag if the polarizing affair didn’t ring true to him." Is that supposed to be "white flag" (surrender)? Red flag means to make someone even madder (bullfighting).

You mean Michael Saucedo? But the soap press barely asks Becky what she thinks about her stories so…

I think he meant red flag, as in warning sign. I don’t have a lot of anger towards MB so I’m not seeing what’s bad about this. I can also appreciate that he does not gaf about telling his fans in Twitter that he enjoys this story. 

• Love 2
On 2/13/2022 at 8:53 PM, rur said:

This came across my news feed. https://soaps.sheknows.com/general-hospital/news/623210/general-hospital-maurice-benard-preview-whats-next-sonny-nina-carly-storyline/

Sometimes I seriously wonder if MB has any idea what his comments sound like to others. -- you'll see what I mean in paragraph 3.

“That’s not the case here,” he added. As Sonny, “I don’t see the monster. I understand everybody else can’t say that.”

Keep telling yourself that MB.  Time to change your mirror.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, sunnyface said:

“That’s not the case here,” he added. As Sonny, “I don’t see the monster. I understand everybody else can’t say that.”

Keep telling yourself that MB.  Time to change your mirror.

That quote is about Nina not Sonny. 

• Love 4

The part that I though showed MB's ego was this: 

"Benard would wave a red flag if the polarizing affair didn’t ring true to him. “If I had to do this story, and I was working with Cynthia and… she wasn’t playing any love, I’d say something. "

I thought it sounded as though he believed he was the only person capable of determining  what was good and what was bad, or who was working hard and who wasn't, when I would think that, I dunno, maybe  a director or the other actors might have a sense of when something was going badly. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, rur said:

The part that I though showed MB's ego was this: 

I thought it sounded as though he believed he was the only person capable of determining  what was good and what was bad, or who was working hard and who wasn't, when I would think that, I dunno, maybe  a director or the other actors might have a sense of when something was going badly. 

I didn’t take it that way. To me it just sounded like he’s invested in the story, and therefore if he didn’t think it was working, he’d speak up. Not that he’s the only one qualified to do so. I’m not a big Maurice fan, but that’s the bare minimum I would expect from someone who cares about their work, so it seemed like a perfectly fine comment to me.

But I also don’t care about his wife’s opinion of the show. Just as I’m sure she doesn’t care about mine.

• Love 2