Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I suspect that it really was her decision. I'll admit I'm glad of that much, for the sake of the residual affection I have for Starr Manning. Kiki is a terrible, pointless character that should have been gone months (years?) ago, but her firing wouldn't have given me the schadenfreudalicious feeling Steve Burton's did.

(Yes, yes, he chose to leave, too. Shh, let me have this. Decades spent having the worship of that non-actor and his sanctified murderer character shoved down my throat. The idea that he was shown the door still fills me with glee.)

• Love 4

ITA w/you. Sadly, it looks like that is not the case. *sigh* So the only way we'll ever get rid of the pets on this show is if they leave of their own accord. Blech. Or just wait long enough for another episode of Ron's ADD to kick in and he gets so bored with them he bumps them down to recurring.

See: The Magical Fairy Pixie Dust Complete With Butterfly Wings That Was Sabrina. Ugh. Thank god.

I really hope Kristen Alderson gets mentored by Erin Tophey and decides to go to school or do other things. Acting is clearly not her thing.

The sad thing is that Eddie Alderson is actually pretty good, but Ron would never cast him because he's not an underwear model.

Edited by methodwriter85

.u don't think "Days of our Lives" would be dumb enough to snatch her up and recast KDP's character's daughter with her...do you?

I definitely do.  She'll fit right in with Guy Wilson, Kate Mansi, Molly Burnett, and that guy with the plastic face and pencil eyebrows.  

And sadly, shed be a vast improvement over the block of wood currently playing that character.    

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

It's crazy how much Sabrina is a non-entity now (and I really don't mind her at all now!), and Felix too. They dominated 2013 airtime and then promptly fell off the face of the Earth. We're lucky that Ron's writing is so shit that he creates characters that HE gets bored with and floats to the backburner himself.

• Love 1

What if they somehow got the rights back to OLTL and she's just coming back as Starr? gaaaah

While ABC may regain the rights soon, I think that is highly unlikely to be their reason. If GH was going to try and pull that shit they'd do it en masse with all three at once again. And frankly I think the show has lost the will with fans and at the network over the last two years to go to that well a third time, at least with all three.

My suspicion is that, given that recent interview, it may be a "mutual decision". Kristen was ready to leave OLTL when it ended on ABC in 2012 - that's why they wrote her character off the show to Los Angeles with a happy ending, as opposed to keeping her in town when they thought they were going online that year. When that effort failed and FV and RC moved to GH, they rang KA up in L.A. and she came back again. She may well have decided to make the same decision again, but to me that interview says otherwise. I think Uncle Frank may have been forced to cut his losses by the network - or may have just tired of her with Nicolas Bechtel as her new, younger, cuter surrogate, who he is personally noticeably charmed by - and gave her the opportunity to exit with dignity to "focus on her music". He's done it before.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

I don't care whose decision it was, as long as she's gone! I was reading the FB feed about it (big mistake) and everyone is gushing about what an amazing actress she is, and how she would be perfect as Summer Newman on Y&R. While I think the current actress is awful, that in no way means I want KA taking over!

• Love 2

Many people believe that the writing is on the wall for ME. Either he's pushed out or leaves of his own accord due to shitty and/or lack of story line. He's been really back burned since he broke up with Sam. Ironically enough I actually don't mind Silas now that he's barely on, lol, and wouldn't mind him with Ava when she gets out. Out of all of the OLTL transplants and newbie creations of RC's, Silas is one I wouldn't mind staying (Britt was another). I feel like GH needs doctors. Dr O, Nina, and Franco, can all GTFO though, yesterday.

• Love 5

Many people believe that the writing is on the wall for ME. Either he's pushed out or leaves of his own accord due to shitty and/or lack of story line. He's been really back burned since he broke up with Sam. Ironically enough I actually don't mind Silas now that he's barely on, lol, and wouldn't mind him with Ava when she gets out. Out of all of the OLTL transplants and newbie creations of RC's, Silas is one I wouldn't mind staying (Britt was another). I feel like GH needs doctors. Dr O, Nina, and Franco, can all GTFO though, yesterday.

Avery and Silas could be Ava's salvation. Through his perceptive and her interaction with him, viewers would get to see a lighter side of Ava. He should be kept around if MW is to fill this role IMO.

I thought RC was positioning him to be that for Nina before she totally went off the rails.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 1
My suspicion is that, given that recent interview, it may be a "mutual decision".

Michael Fairman will get to the bottom of this, guys. Relax.

If they follow through with Avery's earache becoming cancer or aplastic anemia or whatever, I think Silas will be involved in that story. Otherwise, unless Danny relapses, there's not much for Silas to do.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I don't hate Kiki, maybe because I loved Starr on OLTL.  As far as characters onscreen who annoy me, she is pretty far down the list.  I would much rather see Carly or Sonny off the canvas.  And Luke/Fluke/Puke, most of all.

I am hoping that KA has decided to go to school.  She has been working since she was six years old, it would be good for her to try a different path.  She's only got one life to live.

• Love 3

I'm surprised that Jamey Giddens and Michael Fairman, in their articles about KA leaving, admit that Kiki never worked.

From Daytime Confidential:

Despite several frontburner attempts, Kiki never proved as popular as Starr.

From (the ever stupidly titled) On-Air, On Soaps:

Many have felt that Alderson’s Kiki just didn’t have the stories that Starr Manning had throughout her time on GH!

Silas is a ticket to Sominexville for Ava, AFAIC. Few things could get her fired faster.

This is why I'd be annoyed with a pairing for her with him. Why should she have to suffer to make his character work? We know that she's getting out of prison, and that eventually the baby will be revealed to be Morgan's. What does she need Silas for? Maybe put her with GMc or with Ric.

• Love 3

Unfortunately, they have a long way to go to fix what is not working there.  But it was pointed out on another board that there was the blind item about a multisoap actress on the way out and she didn't even know it.  As of now, at least, KA could fit it.

I'm still fervently wishing for this to be Michelle Stafford. 

...you don't think "Days of our Lives" would be dumb enough to snatch her up and recast KDP's character's daughter with her...do you?

Oh damn, hopefully not.  I really like Days and there are more than enough crap actors on there already.

Edited by Kitty Redstone

I don't care whose decision it was, as long as she's gone! I was reading the FB feed about it (big mistake) and everyone is gushing about what an amazing actress she is, and how she would be perfect as Summer Newman on Y&R. While I think the current actress is awful, that in no way means I want KA taking over!

If KA goes to Y&R, then Ron would spare no effort in stealing someone from Y&R to bring to GH.  So who do we think GH would go for?

• Love 1

I still say Muhney. Big fan base still and he's been gone a year. The show tried to get him back allegedly and he said no. It'd be a big strike.

Female actress wise? Elizabeth Hendrickson comes to mind. She's not in the same age group, but she has chemistry with Miller, has a fanbase, can act. If they could have gotten Camryn Grimes, that might have been cool.

Please God no not the girl playing Lily. For the love of all that is holy. No. Never. Mine eyes!

• Love 3

Well, hell, if you're gonna take that path, why not go completely ballls-out and get Dave Bautista instead?

Drax-as-A.J. would be the real penultimate guffaw, especially if he told Carly, "Spare me your foul gaze, woman!"

Because Ron and Frank invested in gray, not blue. Plus, Batista will be in the next Bond movie. And I need GH is Jericho promos. It would make me happy.

• Love 1

Well, hell, if you're gonna take that path, why not go completely ballls-out and get Dave Bautista instead?

Drax-as-A.J. would be the real penultimate guffaw, especially if he told Carly, "Spare me your foul gaze, woman!"

I won't even pretend I wouldn't watch that. 

• Love 1

I think, that the only reason we're seeing Jason and that shebeast together/sharing a kiss (ugh) and may become a...thing (yuck) is because Steve Burton was adamant and didn't want Jason and the shebeast to have a romantic/sexual relationship (which is one of the few things I'll be grateful to him for), and the powers that be agreed to it.

The same cannot be said for the current fuckwits in charge, nor do I think Billy Miller has any sway in what is written. Hell, I don't think any of the actors have any say or sway IF they do say something to the writers hacks who are currently "writing" scripts. Such as it's out of character, or so and so wouldn't do this or say this, etc.

The petty, whiny, petulant douchenozzle fuckwit who is the head writer will write what he wants and character/history be damned.

• Love 7

The petty, whiny, petulant douchenozzle fuckwit who is the head writer will write what he wants and character/history be damned.

This may be one of my favorite descriptions of RC, ever. 

• Love 5

From Spoilers:

I put it all at Ron's feet. Lauren has been pointless since the moment she appeared. She has no money, no job, no place to live. Ron shoves her into situations she has no business being in. I don't know how any actor makes that work. That doesn't excuse KA's bad acting—she's very unconvincing as an ingénue—but the character was poorly thought out from the get-go. That's not on KA.

That pretty much sums it up. Whatever appeal she had has dissipated in her adulthood. With better writing, she might have reached the level of an Amy Vining, supporting character that could be pretty inoffensive where ever she pops up. But like I have mentioned before, every time RC tries to increase her screen time, they do it in the worst possible way. Helping Franco hide from the cops while Carly is kidnapped, not telling about Sonny killing AJ, (I'm not including knowing about Carly banging Sonny because Michael seemed pretty happy about that for a minute). And sadly the above description could apply to a number of women (and some men). None of that serve the plot the plot. 

RC writing is like the kids that fail the marshmallow test. He is so focused on the glorious end, he cares not for the build up.

• Love 5

According to her Twitter, she was at Michael Fairman's birthday party last night (because OF COURSE she would be there!). Makes you wonder if her farewell interview with him took place there. 

I think Kiki could've worked as a scheming, gossipy local troublemaker in an Amy role or something similar. As horrible as she's been in this role and horribly overexposed as Starr on two different soaps, Kristen does still have a gift for comedy. They didn't let her play it.

• Love 4

Hell, I don't think any of the actors have any say or sway

And in many ways, that is a good thing.  One of the reasons we got afflicted with the Borg is because Steve Burton decided Jason Quartermaine wasn't a "manly" enough role for him, and he had sway over the writers.  And we can all see what happens when Tony Geary starts throwing his weight around, we're seeing it now.

• Love 1

Strangely enough in some ways TG and his writing partner, whose name I forget, are better writers then TG is an actor and surely better writers  then Ron. If "Endgame" which was suppose to be the final Spencer/Cassadine confrontation had played out the way TG had written it, it would have been much better and we would have been freed from the endless loop of the Spencer/Cassadine wars. TG's vision of who Luke is may not be mine or a a lot of fans, but at least he has a clear vision of Luke (and by extension Laura, Lucky, Ethan, Lulu and eve Tracy) he also understands that even on Soaps stories have to end, we have to move on. Guza and Ron endlessly loop the same stories over and over again. And Ron in particular does not seem to have a "vision" of who a character is. Take for example Lulu's flirting, out of no where with Johnny, that is not Lulu, past or no past, years have been spent building Dante and Lulu into a stable couple, having her get a wandering eye in all of five minutes, is a plot point not character and lacks vision.

Fluke was a Ron vision that Tony liked not a Tony idea that was forced on Ron. I suspect that if it had been up to Tony the story would have been handled differently during his illness, not this silly "re-set" that we have been subjected to

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 2

Given CT's age and TG's age and health, this Fluke story should be the end of Luke & Helena.  The Spencer/Cassadine feud can continue, but those characters need to be put out to pasture.  

As for Endgame, I don't know if it was in Tony's story or something Jill came up with, but the plan was for Helena to blow-up the hospital to release a biotoxin into the air, but when 9/11 they had to hastily re-write things.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

Unless someone testifies under oath, we'll never really know the semantics of the situation.  That said, based on all the evidence, I do believe the rumor that she was asked to take a substantial pay cut.

IF it's true that refused a pay cut, then she can take a whole stadium worth of seats.  Mo, Laura, Tony, and others have taken substantial paycuts when their contracts have come up in the last few years.  if three true GH vets can take a cut then she should too.

ETA: as for Frank not wanting to upset Chad by killing Kiki or whatever, as much as I like Chad as an actor, i have little doubt that Frank would fire him and recast if Chad stepped out of line.  Wasnt he just some Disney Channel gueststar prior to this show?  Dont think for a moment that they dont have a few dozen young guys theyd cast to play Michael at a moments notice.

Edited by Tiger

FV does not give two shits about upsetting someone by firing their S.O (or letting them walk). He did it to Bryan Craig and he had no problem dismantling music supergroup Port Chuck, either. He is not that kind of bleeding heart and certainly not for someone like Chad, who has no power whatsoever. Sure, he's somewhat popular with fans at the moment thanks to some scenes in sweeps - that means nothing. I like the guy but he's still a very minor player in daytime. Even when someone is a superstar of many years in daytime, Frank will fuck with them just because he can. See also: Steve Burton, many others.

I think FV may (or may not) have taken losing Kristen harder than he would others given his years of preferential treatment towards her, but he still let her go, either voluntarily or because she was pushed.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
FV does not give two shits about upsetting someone by firing their S.O.

Let's not forget that on OLTL Frank had absolutely no problem in firing James DePaiva and expecting Kassie DePaiva to continue being a team player.  They didn't even let James come back for the final episodes, and just had three of his dead girlfriends wistfully remember him.

• Love 2