Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I think Michelle Stafford, Roger Howart, Tony Geary, and Michael Easton, in that order, need to the first to go.  If Grayson McCouch is on contract then make him fifth on the list.

I think everyone that is recurring is safe because as is the show can use them as much or as little as they want.  And younger/newer/cheaper actors are probably safe too.  

I wouldnt be surprised if some, starting with Teresa Castillo and Tyler Christopher   are taken off contract but kept around recurring.

ETA: i think as time goes by we will see smaller and smaller contract cast and larger and larger recurring cast.  My understanding of recurring is that the actor is paid a daily, always negotiable rate, and the actor has the choice to say "yes I can come tape this week Wed-Fri", or tell the show to kick rocks.  And the show has no guarantee of a number of episodes to the actor.  

Edited by Tiger

I think everyone that is recurring is safe because as is the show can use them as much or as little as they want.  And younger/newer/cheaper actors are probably safe too. 

Exactly.  That's why someone like Michael Easton (not being used + bigger salary = bye bye) is more likely to be axed.

• Love 1

I think DZ and ER will stay, as will LLC. Lisa may leave later, but not until she pops out this kid and has been back from maternity leave for at least six months.

*My guesses: TeCa, MSa (Felix), ME, RoHo, RiH (we'll find out Ric was working for Fluke all along), IB, LH, KSh, and maybe BC are gone.

My maybes: MSt, MW, HP, TC, and WE.

*I need to see the lists of who is contract and who is recurring to firm this up.

Ha, I actually totally forgot about Sabrina. Yeah, her too. Also forgot LLC is preggo. I think they might put her on recurring later on. I feel like Ric Hearst isn't on enough to even count as someone leaving.

If they get rid of BC it better be because they can't control his hairline and not because they don't want the character around.

I tend to think Chad is safe but maybe he a) wants to leave and b) they'll send him off for storyline purposes. Honestly, if I were a Michael fan I think I'd rather him leave than see him forgive Sonny and Carly too soon.

Sadly, I think they're going to take at least one more stab on selling the audience on Nina/Franco.

Me tooooooooooo. bleh.

If they keep Johnny, they'll keep Dante.

BB said something on twitter that made it sound like he taped his final day, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in a couple of months.

*I need to see the lists of who is contract and who is recurring to firm this up.

Contract:

1 Sonny

2 Luke

3 Michael

4 Morgan

5 Silas

6 Franco

7 Nina

8 Nathan

9 Dante

10 Lulu

11 Maxie

12 Olivia

13 Carly

14 Sabrina

15 Patrick

16 Liz

17 Jordan

18 Shawn

19 TJ

20 Nikolas

21 Jason

22 Tracy

23 Anna

24 Sam

25 Julian

26 Ava

27 Alexis

So now with Kristen Alderson gone there are 27 people on contract

Everyone else is on recurring. I think Tyler will stay on contract - the Spencer kid definitely saved his job imo, otherwise he would probably definitely be recurring too at the very least.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Reading the story sounded more like speculation than any firm idea that ANY soap would really trim cast much less it be GH. I suspect most actors on GH don't get paid as much as for sure actors on Y&R due to the block taping, I tend to think most stars like to be on GH for the time off as much as the money. Though I could see more people on reoccuring.

• Love 2

Sometimes I wonder why they don't just have the same ten or twelve people play everyone.  So much of what makes these people unique as General Hospital characters has been stripped away to serve whatever idiotic plot (point) Ron has come up with anyway, why not their looks, too?  They could just have an announcment that for this round of block taping, Kelly Monaco will be playing the part of Rosalie, Maurice Bernard will be playing the part of Morgan, Tony Geary will be playing the part of Bill Eckert/Mitch Lawrence/whomever/who cares, and so on. 

No doubt if that cheap-ass Frank Valentini thought he could get by with it, he would.

Sometimes I wonder why they don't just have the same ten or twelve people play everyone.  So much of what makes these people unique as General Hospital characters has been stripped away to serve whatever idiotic plot (point) Ron has come up with anyway, why not their looks, too?  They could just have an announcment that for this round of block taping, Kelly Monaco will be playing the part of Rosalie, Maurice Bernard will be playing the part of Morgan, Tony Geary will be playing the part of Bill Eckert/Mitch Lawrence/whomever/who cares, and so on.

[Kale Browne voiceover]Today, the roll of Sam McCall will be played by Constance Towers; the role of TJ Ashford will be played by Ian Buchanan;  and the role of Carly err . . . 

what's her last name this month . . . will be played by Jason Thompson in a blonde wig we stole from the set of The Goldbergs. [/Kale Browne voiceover]

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

Let's have fun.

Which actors would you swap for other actors on shows? Besides the obvious TR as Robert Scorpio. Example : For Lulu, I'll swap Emme Rylan for Y&R's Elizabeth Hendrickson. The hair color is different, but I think she can play the fun and spunky side of Lulu balanced with the caring and loving side with Dante. I'll also trade Ryan Paevy to B&B for the Scott Clifton to reprise Dillon. If they won't accept that, I'll take some non gray sets.

Any ideas?

For Lulu, I'll swap Emme Rylan for Y&R's Elizabeth Hendrickson. The hair color is different, but I think she can play the fun and spunky side of Lulu balanced with the caring and loving side with Dante

I'm gonna take my answer to GH wishlist thread, cause it would probably be more appropriate there.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Easton is gone. Gone, gone, gone. Teresa Castillo, same. I'm worried about DZ and ER as well, and I still believe FV would not hesitate to cut Wild Night deVry if he felt like it. T.J. and Molly will likely go recurring if they aren't already. Most of the other people being named (Ian Buchanan, Lynn Herring, etc.) are already recurring - they're not going anywhere until the show feels like it, and they are not on contract so they are not an issue.

If Your No-Prior-Convictions Über Driver is: Bradford (Anderson) gets a long-term contract, and I suspect he will, I am giving Ryan Paevey another 18 months tops. (They'll drag out the triangle with Spinelli and Nathan forever, then try to spin him off elsewhere with sex flings, then cut his guarantee or put him on recurring, then he'll disappear.) I would give Stafford and Howarth another year. Frank and Ron are too obsessed and too proud to give up on them yet. They're taking them to the wall unless things get really desperate.

I think TC, Sean Blakemore, Vinessa Antoine and Maura West could all also easily be cut. They can put Tyler and the kid on recurring or give Spencer to someone else. I think Lisa could go on recurring easily. And I'd worry about Jane Elliot.

Edited by jsbt

Thank you, ulkis, for the list of contract actors.  Makes it easier to think about who might be chosen (or choose) to stay on GH and who might leave. 

I am pretty well convinced that any one could leave.  RC's tendency to back burner characters for blocks of time and/or write them in very background, supporting roles makes a lot of the current cast vulnerable.  They could easily have their back burner time gradually extended until they just fade away completely.

Considering who we have rarely seen recently, I'd say that Sabrina and Silas are at the top of the list of contract players who could leave.  I'd add TJ, but the show needs some viable teens.  

Jordan and Shawn could be vulnerable, too. 

I hate to say it, but I also see Anna as potentially leaving, depending on where this current story goes.  FH certainly hasn't been used to her full potential.   

Nina and Franco have been a hit with some, but they and their story are pretty much existing as separate entities apart from other characters and stories.  So, if that separation were to continue, they could be easily be written out.  

Ava was meant to be a very short term character - one who has now been here almost two years.  But she is another who could easily be written off the show.

Same with Julian. I think he was spared with the Julexis pairing.  Yes, he has family ties with Lucas and Sam, but those are barely developed, making him vulnerable.

I agree that, at least for now, Spencer saved Nik's place on GH.   However, we'll see what happens after this "dark Nik" story.

I could see Tony Geary as Luke retiring soon.  Health issues have been a plague for both him and for the show runners.  

And then there is the late 20s/early 30s foursome of Dante, Lulu, Maxie and Nathan.  GH desperately needs to develop this age group.  However, these four have become too much alike - and too "good," "sweet," "adorable," "nice," "happy" -  and really need some shaking up.   Johnny has been providing that much needed shot of adrenalin, but apparently his visit is ending.  I don't see these characters leaving - especially Lulu and Maxie.  As I said, GH NEEDS to develop this group - and Lulu and Maxie are richly connected with GH history.  But I could see some recasting.

Contrary to what some think, I do think that Dante is especially vulnerable.  He has become Sonny's superfluous son - the one called in when needed for a few plot points.  He barely, if ever, interacts with his family and is rarely mentioned by them.   Up to the last couple of weeks, he has been playing a supporting role to Lulu who has become herself a rather marginal character.  So much so in Dante's case that I've seen him referenced as "Mr. Lulu."  And then there is Nathan - who is playing much of the role assigned to Dante as the handsome, good guy cop and the ever-faithful man in a happy love story.  

Olivia has had nine lives and has been flexible enough to support a variety of stories, but it would be easy to send her back to Bensonhurst.

So many possibilities of actors leaving - or being offered fewer guaranteed minimum episodes - or being changed to recurring - or being offered significant pay cuts at contract renewal or review times.   I know I'll be watching the next few months with much interest and some nervousness for my faves. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 1

I'd trade Nik, Sabrina, Silas, Ava, Molly for a recast Lulu, recast Dillon, recast Stephen Lars (going younger than Scott Reeves), and then just eliminate unneeded recurring characters to save space. The cast is bloated as hell. It's because everyone is recurring. Cut the losses with Felix, Epiphany, Milo, etc. I'd also stop the stupid Nurse's Ball. It's not for history if Robin is kidnapped every year.

• Love 1

I'd trade Nik, Sabrina, Silas, Ava, Molly for a recast Lulu, recast Dillon, recast Stephen Lars (going younger than Scott Reeves), and then just eliminate unneeded recurring characters to save space. The cast is bloated as hell. It's because everyone is recurring. Cut the losses with Felix, Epiphany, Milo, etc. I'd also stop the stupid Nurse's Ball. It's not for history if Robin is kidnapped every year.

I would cut losses with recurring people who actually appear more than twice a year. Cutting Epiphany and Milo would do nothing.

• Love 2
I am pretty well convinced that any one could leave.  RC's tendency to back burner characters for blocks of time and/or write them in very background, supporting roles makes a lot of the current cast vulnerable.  They could easily have their back burner time gradually extended until they just fade away completely.

And I'm sure Frank Valentini like it that way. There is absolutely no one this show would miss for too long if they went away.

I'm starting to think they'll keep Geary until they have to haul him off the set. Which is fine, as long as they had Laura to support him/be there after he leaves, but they don't.

Considering who we have rarely seen recently, I'd say that Sabrina and Silas are at the top of the list of contract players who could leave.  I'd add TJ, but the show needs some viable teens.

I will be very very surprised if Tequan Richmond signs another contract even if they want him to. He's talented and charismatic, I have a hard time believing he won't take his chances elsewhere when GH is giving him nothing.

• Love 2

Geary won't be off the show until he decides to leave. I know a lot of people are seriously down on TG (and Luke), but he deserves a special send-off. Like it or not, Luke is GH. If they can get Luke's exit story right—unfortunately, that's a big if, considering how poorly his vacation stories are—I think GF would come back to usher him off.

• Love 2

I've seen about three shows with roles TRi could have played. Dude needs a better agent.

If he was or even looked a few years older he would have been perfect as Wes on Murder.  Tequan would have killed it.  The actor they cast, Alfred Enoch, is just bland.  

I would love to see him on Empire as a child of Luscious by another woman come to get his piece. Actually, he would have been perfect as Hakeem.  There's another bland actor.

• Love 1

What a complete and utter waste of judicial resources. 

But highly entertaining to the rest of us!   

As for potential cast cuts, I'm just going to assume I will heartily disagree with who is getting cut and who is staying.  Probably all the semi-normal people will go, so we can bring in more undead Cassadines, more family members of Dr. Olbrecht, and more mobsters ... all played by actors on recurring, of course.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3

So much for slashing the cast -

SoapUncensored ‏@SoapUncensored  · 1h1 hour ago 
#GH CASTING [AFRICAN AMERICAN FEMALE] FEMALE: African American, mid-late 20s.
Beautiful, dynamic, charismatic.  CONTRACT ROLE

Well, at least there's diversity.

I wonder if it's Jordan's sister. Ron loves to bring in heretofore unknown family. And how much you want to bet that this sister had something going on with TJ's father and/or Shawn? 

Oh, I'm still waiting for TJ's totally not dead father (or "father") to show up.

• Love 1

Oh, I do remember Fan February. I didn't realize that was what it was. I love stupid shit like that!

Oh, GH's that year was Sonny "dying" and getting shown all the reasons why he deserved to go to hell and then Luke (as a guide or whatever) told him he was getting one more chance and Sonny actually said the equivalent of "fuck it I'm gonna do what I want."

• Love 1