Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Honestly, Guza has always looked to me like he was trying to look like Elton John (complete with glasses) which has always been...confusing to me.

Guza always struck me as soap opera's answer to Karl Lagerfeld. And by that I mean... the seriously low rent not nearly as fashionable or clever version. But it's probably more true that he was trying to be Jason.

And failing.

• Love 1

Guza always struck me as soap opera's answer to Karl Lagerfeld. And by that I mean... the seriously low rent not nearly as fashionable or clever version. But it's probably more true that he was trying to be Jason.

And failing.

There's this Canadian show called Slings and Arrows about a Shakespeare theater company and there was a character who was a hack director on the show who I would have sworn was based on Guza if I thought any of the writers knew anything about GH lol. There's an exchange where the good director says to the hack, "you know what your problem is? You actually hate the theater." And the hack replies, "I don't hate the theater. I pity it. More people listen to the radio than go to the theater. And nobody listens to the radio." When I first heard that I thought, "insert 'soap opera' for 'theater' and that's Guza's condescending douchiness in a nutshell."

Here is the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ7Yr5sUzkU#t=322

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I wonder how good ol' Mo will react to sharing scenes and a bromance with a much younger, better-looking guy. I'm not sure he call still pull the shit that he pulled when Rick Herbst "threatened" him, though.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
There's this Canadian show called Slings and Arrows

Slings & Arrows doesn't deserve to have its name mentioned in a GH thread. Its writing was masterful, and the characters fabulous. I even own the Blu-Ray set. Paul Gross was awesome, as was everyone else!

Just had to be said. But if some have never heard of it and love the theater? Watch it. You'll actually be entertained, something which GH does so rarely now...

• Love 1

Do you agree that Darren is Guza-esque though? :)

I wonder how good ol' Mo will react to sharing scenes and a bromance with a much younger, better-looking guy. I'm not sure he call still pull the shit that he pulled when Rick Herbst "threatened" him, though.

I mean, he handles having three hot young men, two who are a decent amount taller than him, play his sons, pretty well, so I think he'll be okay. That ages a character way more than having a friendship with Billy Miller.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
Do you agree that Darren is Guza-esque though? :)

Oh, wow. You're right. How did I never notice that?! Every time I think of Darren Nichols, it is just before the sword fight with a drunken Geoffrey screaming at Darren (because Darren had insulted Ellen, who, by the way, is played by Paul Gross' real wife), "I'm going to kill you!" Pure awesomeness.

GH? Um, Geoffrey Tennant was sort of crazy sexy while Sonny Corinthos is crazy sleazy. :-)

Slightly off-topic?  The title of Michael Fairman's blog "On-Air On-Soaps" drives me nuts.  First of all..what air?  It's a blog.  And second, I hate the videos that start up without choice every time you go there with one soap star after another struggling to get through the name because it's long and stupid.  GAH! 

• Love 1

THis is ironic but I was watching some old 83 episodes and guess who was in the credits JFP for music and Guza and pratt for script writers.I'm beginning to wonder if they loathed GM so they decided to cut everything down she accomplished lol.

I will say this about JFP: she is VERY gifted at finding good music to use for scenes. Perhaps she should have stuck to that career path for the long haul.

Tristan Rodgers said that she was the best line producer he every worked with, but she is just crap at being in charge of soaps. 

Her "fucking daughter"** Courtney's name.

**2014 Daytime Emmys

I LOVE YOU, COURTNEY PHELPS.

2005 Cut off:

2006 "AS I WAS SAYING..."

2008: "Well, THIS was expected!" (UGH.)

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Whoa, what about that Donna Mills quote in the Michael Fairman article on her return:

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/donna-mills-talks-about-her-return-to-general-hospital/2014/10/16/

Mills revealed: “I hate the pace! Are you kidding me? Who would like this? No, it’s terrible! You have no chance to rehearse and feel it and get it and everything like that. It’s all by the seat of your pants. I give all the actors who do it every single day a lot of credit, because it’s hard!”

• Love 4

Nah, Ron won't care. After all, he's not responsible for the pace. It's not his writing that brings the acting down, not even a tiny bit, la di da!

ETA: Although I dare say Donna Mills wouldn't blow my socks off even if they did give her more rehearsal time . . . 

ETA again: Maybe they'd have more rehearsal time if it didn't take her red-headed co-worker an hour to spit out her lines and if she only said it once

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Nah, Ron won't care. After all, he's not responsible for the pace. It's not his writing that brings the acting down, not even a tiny bit, la di da!

Lol fair enough, but I don't think Frank is as big a "Knots Landing" fan so her words wouldn't cut him quite as deep. 

"Abby Fairgate, I sneak a mention of your show in every episode, why have you forsaken me?!?!"

• Love 1

Michael Fairman thinks Michelle Stafford's work yesterday deserves an Emmy.  TeeVee329 thinks Michael Fairman should get his eyes and ears checked.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/general-hospitals-michelle-stafford-delivers-bravura-performance-as-ninas-schemes-catch-up-with-her/2014/10/16/#more-75110

What are you talking about TeeVee? Do you have another pronunciation of "needle" besides the standard "nyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeee"

• Love 2

I've always had a fantasy of stealing Fairman's keyboard and breaking the exclamation point key on it.  What!! Would!! He!! Do!!?

I couldn't believe it last week when he put up a post (that he's since deleted) with pictures from Freddie's Smith's car accident and there were exclamation points everywhere.

Michael Fairman thinks Michelle Stafford's work yesterday deserves an Emmy.

For what? Chewing scenery? Mugging? Hand flailing? Bulging eyes? REPEATING HERSELF over and over and over

What show is MF watching exactly? Y&R circa 1995?

• Love 3

Michael Fairman thinks Michelle Stafford's work yesterday deserves an Emmy.  TeeVee329 thinks Michael Fairman should get his eyes and ears checked.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/general-hospitals-michelle-stafford-delivers-bravura-performance-as-ninas-schemes-catch-up-with-her/2014/10/16/#more-75110

Logan was raving about Stafford today.

It really is an echo chamber of the camp lovers and the camp producers, isn't it?

• Love 2

I want to know what Ron has on Michael Logan. We use to agree on a lot .Now NOTHING. Fairman kisses butts, period. If screaming got you an emmy..That's all she did was scream chew chew . I make it a point to only watch what you guys recommend. So I missed it.She screams ,and KA makes the most awful faces . I watched the see the Halloween special her and Michael were talking and she was making her faces. What's with that? Did someone tell her to do that when she was a child ? I don't even hate Kiki. Don't mind the name my daughter has the same one for the same reason. Her sister couldn't say krissy so she said Kiki and it stuck. She hates it. I don't think the emmy means a thing anymore. Everyone has one. Just to prove it they played up the Susan Lucci will she won't she so long when it happened no one cared.

I don't think the emmy means a thing anymore. Everyone has one. Just to prove it they played up the Susan Lucci will she won't she so long when it happened no one cared.

I think it's the other way around: The Emmys used to mean something and it did get a lot of eyeballs in front of the TV, hence all those prime-time soap episodes before the actual ceremony. But I think part of the draw was seeing if Susan Lucci would win or lose. And, I don't think it's a coincidence that, after she finally snagged one in 1999, that is when the ratings started to erode and never stopped. (And I don't even like SL as an actress, too hammy. But I think she was a big draw.)

I am so very happy for RoHo. Hopefully this is the first of many, and he can get the hell away from FrankenRon. But I had no idea he knew Jesse L. Martin. Or that Jesse is in The Flash. I haven't had time for any new TV shows this year, but now I'll have to start watching, even if just the occasional episode online.

I'm very happy for him, but it certainly brings down my enjoyment of GH.  I really like this character, and if they let Sonny kill him off as an exit line, I will hang myself. Maybe recurring means he would be able to do both, but I can't imagine why he would want to stay on this show with the writing we have now.

I am so very happy for RoHo. Hopefully this is the first of many, and he can get the hell away from FrankenRon. But I had no idea he knew Jesse L. Martin. Or that Jesse is in The Flash. I haven't had time for any new TV shows this year, but now I'll have to start watching, even if just the occasional episode online.

Well, per the IMDB, Jesse L. Martin had a role as Quincy (makes me think of Jack Klugman's M.E. guy!) on OLTL in 1995, so maybe that's where RoHo knowing JLM comes in?

Well, per the IMDB, Jesse L. Martin had a role as Quincy (makes me think of Jack Klugman's M.E. guy!) on OLTL in 1995, so maybe that's where RoHo knowing JLM comes in?

And pulling out some of my weird RoHo knowledge... I think they back further than OLTL. I think they were at college/drama school together. Jesse L Martin is godfather to RoHo's son, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I'm happy to see RoHo get a part on a show I actually want to watch.

Aw, that's really cool. I love Flash, and Barry's relationship with his father figure that Jesse L. Martin plays, who's name totally slips my mind right now. RoHo better rock it so he can get good roles and get the heck away from GH.

I happy for RoHo! This is the type of thing he'said been working towards for years. I don'the like the character of Franco but I have been able to enjoy some RoHo scenes (outside of Carly).

PS tweeted about a Primetime role he did recently, as well as taking ne headshots. RyCa recently got ths lead in some film. I hate to see decent actors go but don'the want them stuck on this FAKATA show. Hopefully this leads to bigger and better things for all of them.

Maybe putting GH out of it's misery?

Besides GH, what could it potentially replace?  Are there any other shows of theirs hurting in ratings?  I wonder how The View is doing.