Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Hater said:

I guess it depends on if Billy is willing to play someone other than Billy Abbott.  I think Mal Young likes JT over there but never say never. 

Sony has a say though, no?

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Sony has a say though, no?

They do, everything is done through them. Apparently JT is liked by SONY as well.  I guess his contract should be coming up soon in January 2019. lol.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

How is that on Steve if a major part of BM and KeMo’s work together is based on their personal relationship? 

I'm saying it's on SBu that he's not a giving scene partner, and suggesting that that could be one reason why KMo would prefer not to work opposite him entirely independent of her relationship with BM.

Just because two actors are in a relationship with each other doesn't mean that they can't have other love interests on the shows they work on. Rebecca Romijn showed up in the last episode of Jerry O'Connell's show Carter not as his love interest and he didn't suddenly turn around and start acting like she was his love interest.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm saying it's on SBu that he's not a giving scene partner, and suggesting that that could be one reason why KMo would prefer not to work opposite him entirely independent of her relationship with BM.

Just because two actors are in a relationship with each other doesn't mean that they can't have other love interests on the shows they work on. Rebecca Romijn showed up in the last episode of Jerry O'Connell's show Carter not as his love interest and he didn't suddenly turn around and start acting like she was his love interest.

I guess we disagree on who is a “giving scene partner” because I’m not seeing what KeMo is giving SBu either. It’s a two-way street. I don’t see KeMo giving it everything while SBu is half-asleep, but obviously we all see things differently. 

Of course actors in a relationship can have other love interests. So why is this so hard for KeMo/BM/SBu? Why all the dramatics? They don’t write the show. They shouldn’t have a say. So if Frank/writers/network want JaSam, what’s the problem they’re all having? Just do the job. It’s OK to not prefer something and to have an opinion, but at the end of the day, the script is the script.

• Love 4

Seems to me like KeMo has to suck it up. Even if she wants to work with Billy, people have pairings taken away all the time. This is nothing new. I didn't hear what Steve said on the podcast so maybe he shaded her but she's definitely shading him.  In their scenes I think that Sbu is (shockingly) showing up more than she is. Other actresses on GH have been treated way worse than KM has been, with far less air time, and have handled themselves professionally. She should do the same or get another job.  That goes for Billy too. I hope they didn't act like this with BH or JT when BM first started on the show. 

Edited by melody16
Typos
  • Love 8

I still can't believe the denial the JaSam fanbase has over Kelly's obvious attitude towards Burton.   It's so funny watching them try to rationalize why she has refused to acknowledge him and that fanbase in any real way....for over a year!

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, melody16 said:

Seems to me like KeMo has to suck it up. Even if she wants to work with Billy, people have pairings taken away all the time. This is nothing new. I didn't hear what Steve said on the podcast so maybe he shaded her but she's definitely shading him.  In their scenes I think that Sbu is (shockingly) showing up more than she is. Other actresses on GH have been treated way worse than KM has been, with far less air time, and have handled themselves professionally. She should do the same or get another job.  That goes for Billy too. I hope they didn't act like this with BH or JT when BM first started on the show. 

What’s also ironic is some of the same people outraged that SBu “shaded KeMo by implying she no longer looks 23” are the ones who had no issues calling KMc “fat and ugly” and BH “a flat-chested muffin.” So....maybe they should check their own behaviors? Just an idea. 

• Love 3

Is this the appropriate forum to discuss the show's ratings?

Well, anyhoo, fun fact:   I've apparently been chosen to be one of the ratings households.   Finally, my refusal to watch this show ever again because it devolved into a shitpile and they deliberately ruined the Anna character will have real world consequences.   Mwahahaha!  I am heady with power now, LOL.  

• Love 14
3 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

Is this the appropriate forum to discuss the show's ratings?

Well, anyhoo, fun fact:   I've apparently been chosen to be one of the ratings households.   Finally, my refusal to watch this show ever again because it devolved into a shitpile and they deliberately ruined the Anna character will have real world consequences.   Mwahahaha!  I am heady with power now, LOL.  

Hopefully, it's less of a PITA. I did it years ago and had to record EVERYTHING in a book for a week. But good luck!

• Love 2

Whatever's going on behind the scenes, I wish they would just end Jasam once and for all.  There's zero chemistry there now and their scenes are painful to watch.  I really don't care if BM and Kemo are together IRL or not, they do have on screen chemistry.  If for whatever reason they don't want to put them together, fine, but Jasam no longer works.   I've always considered SBu to be a jackass, but that's neither here nor there.   

• Love 10
On 8/4/2018 at 8:17 PM, jsbt said:

There is no way CBS (and Sony) would not take Billy Miller back as Billy Abbott in a heartbeat.

But to do that they'd have to get rid of the talented and beloved Jason Thompson HAHAHAHAHAHAHEEHEEHEEHEEHOHOHOHO.... sorry, I just couldn't make it through that sentence with a straight face,..

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

What’s also ironic is some of the same people outraged that SBu “shaded KeMo by implying she no longer looks 23” are the ones who had no issues calling KMc “fat and ugly” and BH “a flat-chested muffin.” So....maybe they should check their own behaviors? Just an idea. 

Yes, it's lack of self-awareness as well as people having their own standards of what's acceptable versus what's not in shading women (whether it's a man or woman doing the shading).  People may also just not like KMc as an actress/the Robin character and same for BH but passive aggressively shade them about something physical instead. (Although I remember Sarah's Carly describing Elizabeth as muffin-face, so such a shade could have come from a Carly fan who didn't want Elizabeth paired with Jason.) I personally have experienced and also seen/heard about female family members and female friends who have been shaded by strangers about not being well endowed, or about weight or looks. Such individuals feel entitled to shade and think "I'm just being honest, what I'm saying isn't that bad and maybe it will help this woman work to become more attractive." (A blood relative of mine thinks that way.)  On the other hand, we live in a time where perceived age discrimination (women in TV news, for example) has received a lot of attention and is a big taboo.  So there will be people who think the worst non-physical violation toward a woman is to imply that she's old/doesn't look as young as she once did.  KMc and BH are unlikely to be shaded in that way; I've lost track of how many times I've seen comments that the two actresses appear to not age at all (in their faces at least) in 15+ years. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2

Good Lord, for me all this backstage drama isn't fun it's just so tedious and I'm not even talking about on the actors' side of things but on fandom and all the ridiculous speculation and people acting like they're Sherlock Holmes sifting through every bit of social media interaction to say that "so and so is shading this person because of this comment or that comment or the way they're not looking at them in some picture." It's all just stupid gossip and rumors. For all the people saying that BM and KMo are acting unprofessionally because they're together and they want to be paired together on-screen, that's based on no real evidence. We don't even know if they're together in real life. And if it's based on the idea that KMo's sleepwalking through her scenes that's just a subjective thing anyway. And some of the same people complaining about her sleepwalking in JaSam scenes basically accuse her of sleepwalking through almost all of her scenes anyway, so that wouldn't indicate that she's sabotaging her JaSam scenes because she's being petulant about not being paired with BM. Also, I'm not sure why BM is being dragged into this latest dust-up (if it can even be called that.) He had nothing to do with SBu's stupid joke or KMo's supposed response to it. He barely has any scenes with SBu so he can't be accused of tanking his scenes with him and he has no real love interest, so ditto on that front. I'm not sure why he's being accused of being unprofessional.

Chemistry is clearly in the eye of the beholder. I'm not going to accuse JaSam fans of being crazy just because they still see something between them or want the two of them together. I used to be a fan of theirs, but for me, the chemistry is definitely long gone and it's IMO a disservice to the Sam character to shove her back with Jason. Sometimes I think the actors clearly don't put as much effort as they could in the scenes, but that's not the same as sabotaging it and I think they both try as much as they can at times. The biggest problem with this storyline is the writing. JaSam is not written as star-crossed lovers with some burning passion who are destined to be together. The writing does a lot of telling with them but clearly no actual showing. I really don't care if SBu and KMo get along in real life. As long as they keep it away from the work they do on-screen and don't necessarily bringing it on set with them and turn it into some <i>Lethal Weapon</i> situation, I don't care if they want to be passive-aggressive or "throw shade" (loathe with the fire of a thousand suns that stupid term) at each other on social media.

• Love 7

I just can’t see BM returning as Billy Abbott in the character’s current  incarnation. Billy Abbott has become a joke. A sex-crazed moron who is about to boink his girlfriends daughter. Why would Miller want to play that?

• Love 1

KeMo made a post about herself being beautiful at 42 and followed that with “be kind, don’t be bullied.” Did she randomly wake up that day and decide to tell us about how good she looks? Hey, maybe! And BM was like, “I need to make a statement about her beauty through my agent!” Anything is possible. But the fact is, everything, especially with celebs, will be speculation for the average person. It is what it is. But sometimes human behavior is not that difficult to understand and you don’t need evidence that will hold up in court to see it. That’s just me and like always, I respect that others disagree. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I just can’t see BM returning as Billy Abbott in the character’s current  incarnation. Billy Abbott has become a joke. A sex-crazed moron who is about to boink his girlfriends daughter. Why would Miller want to play that?

Because at least it's some sort of action. Plus if he went back to Y&R the writing would most likely change.

Plus Y&R probably has slightly more money.

• Love 2

I suppose they could pull the ‘same old max holden’ angle that OLTL  did when JdP returned. They basically wiped out everything Nick Walker’s version of Max did and instantly restored Max to his original form.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I suppose they could pull the ‘same old max holden’ angle that OLTL  did when JdP returned. They basically wiped out everything Nick Walker’s version of Max did and instantly restored Max to his original form.

Sounds an awful lot like what happened when SB returned to GH.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Don't get me started on this. ;) 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, rur said:

Sounds an awful lot like what happened when SB returned to GH.

Not really. There was no twin or anything else involved. Well there’s was plastic surgery because max was severely burned in a fire. And an assumed identity because he didn’t think anyone would accept him. But when JdP decided to come back, they never mentioned how he suddenly looks like he did before the fire, or anything else about his behavior. 

28 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Not really. There was no twin or anything else involved. Well there’s was plastic surgery because max was severely burned in a fire. And an assumed identity because he didn’t think anyone would accept him. But when JdP decided to come back, they never mentioned how he suddenly looks like he did before the fire, or anything else about his behavior. 

Which makes me wonder if Max & Gabrielle's wedding really happened, given NW (who had previously appeared on GH, actually) was in the role when they got married.

(BTW: JDP's last name isn't lower-case; DePaiva is capitalized in both the "D" and the "P"--sorry, my fan girl mode took over again; I have to keep that in check.)

And since JDP is on this show, I know y'all probably hold me responsible for his current story. I have earned your wrath wholeheartedly. :P

• Love 1

I should know JDP is all caps but I didn’t. I shan’t make that mistake again ?. While I don’t like the character he’s playing on GH, I do think he’s doing a great job. I didn’t think it was possible for me to skeeve that man, but I actively skeeve Bensch lol! So I won’t hold you responsible for it.

max and Gabrielle were another couple that was toxic together, but FH and JDP had the most amazing on-screen chemistry that you couldn’t help rooting for them. I miss them. ?

• Love 4
12 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

KeMo made a post about herself being beautiful at 42 and followed that with “be kind, don’t be bullied.” Did she randomly wake up that day and decide to tell us about how good she looks? Hey, maybe! And BM was like, “I need to make a statement about her beauty through my agent!” Anything is possible. But the fact is, everything, especially with celebs, will be speculation for the average person. It is what it is. But sometimes human behavior is not that difficult to understand and you don’t need evidence that will hold up in court to see it. That’s just me and like always, I respect that others disagree. 

And, yeah, KMo's response was probably about SB's dumb joke. And? How is slightly shading him on social media being unprofessional? And, BM's dragged in because he made a comment about KMo being beautiful through his agent? Again, so what? How is that him being unprofessional or even really shading SB? That's why I said who cares if they're being passive aggressive on social media as long as that's not affecting their work, which I've seen no evidence that it is especially from BM.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

And, yeah, KMo's response was probably about SB's dumb joke. And? How is slightly shading him on social media being unprofessional? And, BM's dragged in because he made a comment about KMo being beautiful through his agent? Again, so what? How is that him being unprofessional or even really shading SB? That's why I said who cares if they're being passive aggressive on social media as long as that's not affecting their work, which I've seen no evidence that it is especially from BM.

There's been a few instances of this stuff from them on social media.  There's some sort of 'gamemanship' going on here imo.  I'd rather both come out and say they're pissed off about what has happened in regards to the pairing and their characters because imo they were pulled and the two never are in scenes together anymore. 

With the latest "incident," KM had the right to respond however she wanted in regards to Burton's comments because I thought they were incredibly stupid.

As for is it affecting their work?  I do find it odd that Billy and Burton never seem to share scenes, but I have no way of knowing exactly what is going on BTS. If I had to take a guess about their relationships I would say Billy and Burton do not get along, and Burton and Monaco is strictly read the lines and walk off set.    Either way, seems like Kelly is going to suck it up and do JaSam but at the same time let everyone know she doesn't want to do it.  The whole thing is just tiring at this point and I'm sick of deciphering motives and actions.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Hater said:

As for is it affecting their work?  I do find it odd that Billy and Burton never seem to share scenes, but I have no way of knowing exactly what is going on BTS.

My suspicions were raised the day they had a split screen between Jason and Drew:

There was no reason for this. Even Frank couldn't think having a random split screen was an interesting artistic choice. I suppose there could have been some money reason involved.

People may be making mountains out of molehills but it's because the show isn't really offering any an alternative.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

My suspicions were raised the day they had a split screen between Jason and Drew:

There was no reason for this. Even Frank couldn't think having a random split screen was an interesting artistic choice. I suppose there could have been some money reason involved.

People may be making mountains out of molehills but it's because the show isn't really offering anything an alternative.

Yeah that was definitely interesting.   It's just weird they barely cross paths.  I know the Drew/Sam stuff was one way to interact but they're also "brothers" and share a family.  Yet, nada.

I 100% believe there is a 'dislike' or "disdain" between the three, especially from the Billy/Kelly side. I just wish they would say how they feel at this point, especially about the story.  Drew is lost in space and Sam is a vapid twit.  Either way, JaSam is happening and none of this shit is doing anything to change it.

Edited by Hater
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

There was no reason for this. Even Frank couldn't think having a random split screen was an interesting artistic choice.

LMAOOOOOO

alicia-kalinda-two.gif

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Hater said:

Yeah that was definitely interesting.   It's just weird they barely cross paths.  I know the Drew/Sam stuff was one way to interact but they're also "brothers" and share a family.  Yet, nada.

I 100% believe there is a 'dislike' or "disdain" between the three, especially from the Billy/Kelly side. I just wish they would say how they feel at this point, especially about the story.  Drew is lost in space and Sam is a vapid twit.  Either way, JaSam is happening and none of this shit is doing anything to change it.

Yet, I saw an interview with BM and he said he and SBu work out together...  I think too much is being made out of a situation that TPTB made.  KM has been vilified and crucified by the Jasamers since February and she has to be feeling a very big "FU" about that.  Hell the Jasamers hounded RH and her family during the Liason wars, even sending death threats to her house and she stopped going to GH functions.

Edited by linsav
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, linsav said:

sending death threats to her house

Maybe they should be in ferncliff! Seriously this is just fucking ridiculous. It’s FICTION people! Jason and Sam aren’t real people and even if they were, it’s none of your damn business. I’ve never understood the rabidness of fanbases. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, linsav said:

Yet, I saw an interview with BM and he said he and SBu work out together...  I think too much is being made out of a situation that TPTB made.  KM has been vilified and crucified by the Jasamers since February and she has to be feeling a very big "FU" about that.  Hell the Jasamers hounded RH and her family during the Liason wars, even sending death threats to her house and she stopped going to GH functions.

I don't recall an interview where Billy said that.  If anything Burton might have said it and he's been spewing the line of Billy and their friendship since he came back.  Simply not true. I don't think it's just TPTB and fans.  It's the actors as well, who are imo fanning the flames.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Just curious. Do you have first hand knowledge?

No.  If you dig online on certain message boards, you can get "info." I buy this particular thing because it's been said by more than 1 person with "ties" to BTS.  But it's up to you if you want to believe it since it's coming 2nd/3rd hand.

I also think when Billy says comments like, "the guy who doesn't wipe the lip gloss off his mouth" in response to "who is the best kisser?" gives a pretty good idea on his feelings.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Hater said:

the guy who doesn't wipe the lip gloss off his mouth

It still scares me that he is even aware of this.

34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

She’s a fan. And aren’t their sets right next to each other on the lot?

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Both are true, and like the article mentions, she already popped in before, albeit as a different character.

It's just...maybe the show should worry less about cutesy stunts and start telling better stories?

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Both are true, and like the article mentions, she already popped in before, albeit as a different character.

It's just...maybe the show should worry less about cutesy stunts and start telling better stories?

Yes.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

It still scares me that he is even aware of this.

Well Billy admits he loves to look at social media, searches the tags a lot on twitter. Isn't there a whole video of Burton wiping his mouth after kissing scenes with KM?  I'm pretty sure the Liason fans made it.   

6 hours ago, linsav said:

Hell the Jasamers hounded RH and her family during the Liason wars, even sending death threats to her house and she stopped going to GH functions.

Yikes. I knew the fanbase wars have been intense all three times Sam and Liz were in conflict over Jason or "Jason" (Summer of Sleaze, the Danny intrigue, and "Who is Jake Doe?"), but I didn't know fans went after Becky and family personally. That's terrible.

Anyone who's on a soap and still has a fairly positive attitude about fans gets my respect. NLG was really getting it from Sonny/Carly fans in 2001-02.  

Burton has made ungallant remarks about co-stars in the past, hasn't he? Does anyone remember him saying something about Sarah Brown's body circa 1999?  

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Yikes. I knew the fanbase wars have been intense all three times Sam and Liz were in conflict over Jason or "Jason" (Summer of Sleaze, the Danny intrigue, and "Who is Jake Doe?"), but I didn't know fans went after Becky and family personally. That's terrible.

Some members of both fanbases took it too far.  KM received death threats (to the point she had to contact authorities) & a Jiz fan threatened to kill their own cat if Jiz weren't reunited.

It's all OTT & should never happen.

• Love 10
On 8/4/2018 at 12:52 PM, Hater said:

I still can't believe the denial the JaSam fanbase has over Kelly's obvious attitude towards Burton.   It's so funny watching them try to rationalize why she has refused to acknowledge him and that fanbase in any real way....for over a year!

Doesn't help when the network has a devoted video site for JaSam, and actively promotes it.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And apparently, it's because the show has ignored the SUPER COUPLE and WORLDWIDE FANDOM of Parker and Kristina.  Just...what?

Yes, I'm sure this incredibly inappropriate and stultifyingly boring couple will be what saves GH. *rme*

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, I'm sure this incredibly inappropriate and stultifyingly boring couple

Who appeared together in, what, 12 episodes?  I'm pretty sure we saw more of Kristina and WhatsHisFace lol.

• Love 3