Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

Barrack Obama has over a dozen AM accounts. Looks like you can sign up with any name you want. I doubt it's real.

Can you use any address too? I'm very curious to know if it is real. And how are payments made?

• Love 1

Gawker managed to trace the credit card information to Smuggar and verify both of his addresses as well. It's real.

I'm still reading. I was in denial. I've changed my opinion! THIS IS THE APOCALYSE. Duggars, every last one of you, it's time:

1426004952-job-hunting-rachel-friends.gi

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 15

How much shadier can these people get??? Josh WTF? Us heathens over here are not up to all this crazy stuff. We might be drinking beer and dancing, but we aren't signing up for affairs and molesting people. Unbelievable!!!!!! This man is messed up, what else can possibly come out about this guy? 

• Love 14

Payments are made by credit card. Make no mistake, that information is real.

This man is messed up, what else can possibly come out about this guy?

If the girl he hooked up with on AM had an abortion that he paid for? Totally waiting for this to come out. Edited by Guest

Barrack Obama has over a dozen AM accounts. Looks like you can sign up with any name you want. I doubt it's real.

If "Barrack" Obama signed up then I doubt it's the president because that's not how he spells his name.

I'm sure Anna didn't satisfy Josh and that's why he was forced to sin. I hope he forgives her.

• Love 11

If "Barrack" Obama signed up then I doubt it's the president because that's not how he spells his name.

Sorry for the typo. I was kinda in shock.

In July 2014*, he seems to have started a second account that was linked to his home in Oxon Hill, Maryland, where he spent his time lobbying against causes like same-sex marriage. The birthday listed in the data for Duggar’s first account is February 3, 1988, one month off Duggar’s actual birthday of March 3, 1988. The birthday listed for the second account is March 2, 1988.

They got the DC address too. It must be him.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 3

I'm still reading. I was in denial. I've changed my opinion! THIS IS THE APOCALYSE. Duggars, every last one of you, it's time:

1426004952-job-hunting-rachel-friends.gi

Holy SHIT! Oh God, Josh, how stupid ARE you??? I had no idea what Ashley Madison was until five minutes ago. Must be a wholesome conservative thing because, as a bisexual atheist, I'd never heard of it.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 24

I doubt Jim Bob and Michelle knew about this, or had a warning it was coming out given the People cover. The TTH is a HORRIBLE place to be for any living thing right now. I'm glad at least Jill and Joy are out of the country.

• Love 1

First of all, I feel very sorry for Anna and the kids.  I hope she uses this to get out, whether it's true or not.

Secondly, BWAAHAAHAAHAAAAAAAAA!  I'd say "you can't make this shit up", but since there's a possibility that it's not true, I'll just keep laughing. Schadenfreude, baby! 

ETA: If true it really does put him in the toilet with pretty much everyone.  Particularly since he had TWO accounts; one could be a "youthful indiscretion", but to make another one when you move to DC?  Oh dear.

Then again, people apparently forgave him for repeatedly molesting his sisters over the course of two years, so who knows?

Edited by aethera
  • Love 11

And how, exactly, does one pray this away and say it's no big deal? Anna knew about his molestations, moved forward anyway, makes a good Gothard wife & keeps sweet for this a-hole, has four of his children...damn him for putting her through THIS. Regardless of her indoctrination and Gothard kool aid addiction, she's a decent person and a good mom (compared to her MIL, anyway). I hope she leaves the SOB and goes home to her parents. Nobody deserves to have this jackass continually f*ck up their life. He's never going to be a good provider, good husband, good father. He has proven ad nauseum how he can't be trusted...he will live on the compound forever. Get out, Anna, change your name and the kids' names to Kellar, and have a shot at life without this millstone forever around your neck.

• Love 24

Or they can spin it as an account John David used. Highly doubt it but Boob would say just about anything to protect Josh.

Gee getting married for sex didn't help with shit

Next thing we will see on the news it that Boob blames Gothard for Josh's issues. If Gothard preached that dating was ok this wouldn't have e.v.e.r. happened.

What a funking mess! Please Anna get some help and walk away. I can't imagine the pain your experiencing. You and your kids deserve sooo much more.

• Love 4

I wonder if the Dillards and Seewalds will come out in support of Josh this time.

Shorter Dillards and Seewalds: They're not sending the guys out. It'll be Jilly Muffin and Jessa Blessa. And they're going to tell Anna whatever they have to tell her to force her to appear on camera, too. And Josh is being "persecuted" by the "liberal media", who is revictimizing Anna and the entire family for reporting on this.

• Love 5

Just, I realize that this is such a minor aspect of all this, but seriously, you can buy refillable credit cards at the drugstore. Who uses their own credit card to join a cheating website? Especially since he was injecting himself into the presidential primaries at his job. It's like he wanted to get caught.

• Love 12

Just, I realize that this is such a minor aspect of all this, but seriously, you can buy refillable credit cards at the drugstore. Who uses their own credit card to join a cheating website?

Exactly, you can put whatever name and address you want to them, even Barrack [sic]. Josh's lack of education and innate intelligence fails him again.

The media's gonna be working overtime to find his, uh, prayer partners.

• Love 7

Payments are made by credit card. Make no mistake, that information is real.

If the girl he hooked up with on AM had an abortion that he paid for? Totally waiting for this to come out.

Yes, or possibly come out with a Grinder account as well:) Man all this suppressing everything has not worked out well for Joshy boy. 

• Love 8

Just, I realize that this is such a minor aspect of all this, but seriously, you can buy refillable credit cards at the drugstore. Who uses their own credit card to join a cheating website? Especially since he was injecting himself into the presidential primaries at his job. It's like he wanted to get caught.

Someone who's not so bright (despite what he thinks) in the ways of being deceptive. He's not as sly of a fox, after all. Someone who thinks they're above being caught, someone who is full of himself, someone who thinks he can have his cake and eat it, too...is now a great time to point out that God has a delicious sense of humor? We'd have to go with that, because the Gothard folks don't know or understand the concept of karma.

• Love 13

Again, that information may have been salted into the released AM files. I guess we'll see if they start making excuses.

eta

is now a great time to point out that God has a delicious sense of humor?

It is. I wonder how Ben feels about the wages of sin this evening?

Edited by Julia
  • Love 6

Cue the "Sex addiction" excuse. Apology and Sex Rehab in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Oh, good. Now JB and M can pitch a show with a double focus -- sexual-abuse recovery and sex-addiction recovery. Now that second one is something that Jim Bob really does know about!

• Love 6

Cross-posting from the Josh thread:

Yes, it's absolutely fine to discuss this and speculate about his potential adultery, as long as you continue to follow the general rules: don't be a dick, don't speculate on abuse of other victims, don't call him a pedophile. Ashley Madison is a site for adults to find people to cheat with, so this is all about consenting adults. Also, please, don't blame his parents for this (dead horse!) and don't speculate that he might hurt himself. We've had that discussion enough.  We'll be watching the discussion closely, and will hide posts we find over the line.

• Love 7

A huge amount of people on that site used their WORK EMAIL ADDRESSES, so this doesn't surprise me. Josh and intelligence don't mix.

This is the top news story trending on Facebook. Good job, Josh. The molestation scandal was dying down and this puts the family right on top of the headlines again. I've never seen anyone shoot themselves in both feet quite like this.

Edit: I know people could put in any e-mail address they chose, but I'd bet my next paycheck at least some of those email addresses were legit. There were quite a few .gov address too.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 10

Edit: I know people could put in any e-mail address they chose, but I'd bet my next paycheck at least some of those email addresses were legit. There were quite a few .gov address too.

Wouldn't people need to use a legit email address? How else would they get notifications? I have no idea how AM actually works, but I feel like using a legitimate email address might be necessary.

Wouldn't people need to use a legit email address? How else would they get notifications? I have no idea how AM actually works, but I feel like using a legitimate email address might be necessary.

You can get notifications from a gmail account too, though, and those take five minutes to set up.

Of course, Ashley Madison may have made them use the email associated with their credit card, but it seems improbable.

That's true. Or maybe they would just log in to the actual website to get their messages. Reddit works similarly since it doesn't require an email address either. All of this creates enough plausible deniability though, so I bet Anna and the Duggars will dismiss the  claims. If the credit card info turns out to be wrong.

Edited by EarlGreyTea

You can make a throwaway email account just for your cheating escapades. I've made many email accounts over the years. For example, I may use one to sign up for offers and coupons that I don't want clogging my regular email inbox.

• Love 11

It's amazing how many people do use their work email addresses to sign up for all sorts of shit that it has no business being used for. Part of my job is monitor the SPAM filter at work, in case legitimate stuff gets caught up in there, and it seems like as soon as you give someone an email address they'll sign up for anything.

So if regular, educated people are dumb enough to do it, it wouldn't surprise me that Josh isn't smart enough to create a fake email address.

• Love 8

I have to say it, 19 Affairs and Counting.

God, I hope he used condoms.

OMG! NO! Birth control is a SIN! Every sperm stopped on its journey to an ovum is a pre-abortion! 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 12