Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Silence of the Slams

A local maskmaker is targeting Wesen to create Luchador masks that bestows great power to its wearer. As Nick, Hank, Monroe and Rosalee work to stop the killings, Capt. Renard considers an offer that will bring him closer to claiming his destiny. Meanwhile, Eve's further investigation of a recent incident raises new questions.

The Juliette/Eve/HW storyline seems so separate from everything.  Could they get their own spinoff please (and stop dragging this show down)?

So, they locked the stick back up...  for now.  I wonder how long that will last, will it come back this season and cure a hexenbiest or something, or will it languish like the keys for seasons?

• Love 1

I was looking forward to seeing more about the magical healing stick, the Black Claw , the pending war, and....instead we got Wesen of the week. And not even an interesting one IMO.

Ok, we did see a little bit of Sean and his GF and Julieve on their case. Why does she have to always wear a wig when she goes out? It's not like she's in disguise or anything, you can still tell who she is, Sean knew her right away.

• Love 4

The wesen-of-the-week was a sympathetic idiot; I felt bad for him, even as he made awful decisions. But the plot dragged more than it should have.

I was pleased that Nick realized that "we don't tell anyone about the magic healing stick" includes not telling Adalind. But I thought his conversation with Adalind about what might happen if her hexenbiest nature re-emerges was ludicrous. Unless Nick had a brain transplant since last season, we know he finds hexenbiests completely revolting, as evidenced by the fact that when Juliette finally revealed to him what she had become, he couldn't even stay in the house with her when she obviously needed his comfort and reassurance. Now it's no big deal? Huh?

I was confused by the Black Claw lady dangling Diana over Renard as a motivator. Isn't Diana in hiding for her own protection? Renard voluntarily gave her to Kelly to protect, and he knows that the Resistance placed her somewhere. Meisner said he didn't know exactly where, but if Renard really wanted her back, I don't see any reason why the Resistance wouldn't cooperate -- if anything, hiding her brings heat down on them.

Not a fan of the 'fight club' episodes. None have ever held my interest and I didn't care.

The WOTW (Wesen of the Week) made some bad choices. You'd think that people go to movies and watch TV and when they see that signing something involves blood, you'd think twice.

Sure, Adalind, Nick will still love the real Hexenbiest you and want you in his life.

The only interesting part was Renard.

• Love 2

I don't know how you all felt, but this episode was rather boring. It didn't help that I don't speak fluent Spamish, so I didn't understand a lot of the dialogue. And Fight Guy was upset at being the designated "loser" and told Benito that he could beat the champion . So, if he had the belief he could do it on his own, why would he need a magic mask?

The first fight scene, I was all "yay..there is light - I can see it!" And then we get two more fights in the dark.

Maybe Eve is wearing wigs around town so that she isn't immediately recognized by friends and acquaintances? (You know, the girlfriends from season 1...)

So now we have the set up for Diana's return. Maybe she will return to kick Eve's ass for what she did to Mama Grimm?

• Love 2

The fighter was an idiot to order that Wesen mask, but I don't consider him responsible for the two deaths. Without the Wesen mask he would have continued to be a jobber or eventually quit wrestling. That would obviously not hold up in court, so hopefully Nick let him go.

This new Diana plot finally looks like it will give Adalind something to do besides being in the role of boring housewife.

I'm already bored to death of Eve. At least she is staying away from Nick though.

It was great seeing Nick writing his own Grimm books. Hopefully he keeps them doing that, and eventually passes it on to the next generation.

• Love 2

WTF was that? The writers finally got tired of the stupid plots they were writing for the regulars so they decided to just write a show about other people for 3/4 of the episode? 

• Love 8

...and Candy Crush kept most of my attention this episode. Seriously, Renard is now going to be a politician and a family man despite the fact that he's a bastard, his kid is a bastard, and his family hates him. Ya, rock on family values. Not to mention the relatives that died on questionable terms while in his jurisdiction, by his own hand. I still can't believe that Black Claw is an intelligent organization.

• Love 5

At the end of last week's episode, I was so happy that "everybody" was just Nick, Monroe, Rosalee, Hank, and Wu when they opened the box. So this week when they all promised not tell anyone about the magic wand, I was glad that Nick didn't go home and immediately tell Adalind what they had. I really don't understand how they are writing Nick's character these days. He has been telling Adalind way too much stuff, as if she can be trusted. Yes, she's the mother of your baby but that doesn't mean she is a trustworthy ally (just ask half the divorced people in the world who got manipulated or otherwise screwed by the parent of their child).

But on top of that, Juliette being a hexenbiest was enough to freak him the fuck out last season but his response to Adalind's (very good) question was "We'll deal with it." Seriously? Does that mean he wasn't willing to deal with Juliette being a hexenbiest because they don't have a child together? Or that when the time comes, "dealing with" Adalind becoming a hexenbiest will mean taking Kelly away from her and shutting her out of their lives?

I enjoy lucha libre stories (I remember the luchadore episode of Angel!) so I thought that having the new guy wear a wesen face as a mask was an interesting take, and it gave us a police case that was unrelated to all of the mayor/Black Claw/Hadrian's Wall stuff, which was nice. I get that BC and HW are supposed to be these organizations that are secretly involved in everything, but it was starting to feel like every case and every episode was related to them so it was nice to go back to the wesen of the week format without having any of them be a part of it. We still get stuck seeing Juliette briefly, but still. I liked going back to the old format of some random wesen problem in Portland which reminded me of S1.

• Love 4

I also enjoyed Nick writing his account of the luchador/mask escapade.  I liked the feel of the episode, the settings, music, everything until the mask maker skinned the guy alive.  I have nightmares about waking up during surgery, this was nasty.  Then the ceremony with the boiling water, ugh.  I don't have the stomach for that stuff, I guess.  But my queasy stomach at least got a break in not having to see too much Adalind or Juliette.  However, I have to wonder why Juliette was even necessary--she didn't accomplish anything in her little meet-up with Renard, and eavesdropping in a bar?  Or Evesdropping (sorry!). 

Renard is now going to have his interest in Diana re-ignited because he needs a family image for his campaign?  Give me a break.  If he really cared, he would have been on it a long time ago, as tpel mentioned above. 

• Love 3

I actually liked this episode.  Grimm is not a great show like Mad Men, Fargo etc.  but it creative and unique.  It has had more staying power than some-Sleepy Hollow.  I like most of the characters so I watch it.  

I did stick with Lost until the bitter end.

I don't remember Nick rejecting Juliette because she was a hexenbeist.   In fact, I remember when she first woged he was a bit revolted, but then said he would learn to get over it.   SHE was the one who kept making a big deal out if it and swearing up and down he would never accept her that way.

Now, Adalind as a hexenbeist has other issues than looks.   Quite frankly, Nick has to be more concerned about her going back to her hexie ways (yeah she was bad when she was getting her powers back the first time, but Nick doesn't know what she did then) than her woging in the middle of .... nope, can't say it, but you guys know what I am referring to.

• Love 5

I may not be up on my family values PR, but wouldn't Renard being single be a better angle than recently-re-united-with-my-child-I've-seen-once-since-birth-and-my-ex-girlfriend-who-has-had-two-kids-with-two-different-men-in-the-span-of-one-year-and-was-recently-living-with-my-employee-who-is-the-father-of-one-of-those-kids? 

Call me crazy, but I think that kind of a mess of a family isn't going to appeal to the "family values" crowd. Best to try to keep that on the down-low.

And good luck explaining how his one year old looks six. 

Nothing wrong with a single man running for mayor. If they want to make a presidential run in the future, they have time to work on getting him a family that wouldn't be featured on the Maury Povich show.

• Love 9

I may not be up on my family values PR, but wouldn't Renard being single be a better angle than recently-re-united-with-my-child-I've-seen-once-since-birth-and-my-ex-girlfriend-who-has-had-two-kids-with-two-different-men-in-the-span-of-one-year-and-was-recently-living-with-my-employee-who-is-the-father-of-one-of-those-kids?

Well put. Another problem will be explaining why Diana is so much older than she should be given the date of her birth. And who's to say the little Hexen offspring is going to play nice for the cameras?

Filler episode. So much progress last week and then two steps back this week. Waste of an hour.

• Love 2

Fact is, NIck shares a child with a Hexenbiest and his son may be a zauberbiest, so he was right, they will have to "deal with it".  His circumstances have changed so he has to adapt with those circumstances unless he is going to be revolted by his own son whom I assume he has bonded with by now.  I also don't see him taking Kelly away from Adalind so they will have to co-parent.   I did chuckle at the "you may try to kill me" and "I could say the same for you" exchange.  I am also very pleased that Adalind seems to be getting her spark back, the demure nature seems to be fading and looks like they are retiring the sweaters.

Was the PR lady saying that Renard should run with the family of Adalind and Diana?..was she implying they get married and do the whole family bit?

The episode made me look up Mexican wrestling, wasn't very familiar with it or the masks before so I learnt something.

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Love 1

I did like the Wesen of the Week storyline. I thought that it was a nice return and also a nice reminder that magic does exist in this world and the story kind of had suspenseful horror story feel to it. Although, I still miss the old fairy tale inspired stories that were so popular back in the early seasons, but I guess I can deal with a horror story than dealing with HW/Juliette and mopey Adalind. 

Personally, I would like the writers to stay the course and to finish off the Magic Stick story and just come up with something that would explain what it is. I have a feeling that they probably didn't think much about what/where the Magic Stick came from, so they literally placed it back in its box. 

Call me crazy, but I think that kind of a mess of a family isn't going to appeal to the "family values" crowd. Best to try to keep that on the down-low.

And good luck explaining how his one year old looks six. 

Nothing wrong with a single man running for mayor. If they want to make a presidential run in the future, they have time to work on getting him a family that wouldn't be featured on the Maury Povich show.

Yeap, that was what I was thinking as well. How are they going to explain away the fact that 1) Diana was born out of wedlock (which is going to be a scandal on its own), 2) Adalind has another, younger child, with another man, 3) Adalind and Renard's relationship can be  best describe as rocky, 4) I am sure his political enemies could always find out that he also slept with Adalind's mother,  5) that his daughter is currently missing and neither parent knows where she is, and also 6) he himself was born out of wedlock. Personally, they should've just let Renard stay single and just bury all of his skeletons in a deep, deep closet. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 6

I did like the Wesen of the Week storyline. I thought that it was a nice return and also a nice reminder that magic does exist in this world and the story kind of had suspenseful horror story feel to it. Although, I still miss the old fairy tale inspired stories that were so popular back in the early seasons, but I guess I can deal with a horror story than dealing with HW/Juliette and mopey Adalinda. 

Personally, I would like the writers to stay the course and to finish off the Magic Stick story and just come up with something that would explain what it is. I have a feeling that they probably didn't think much about what/where the Magic Stick came from, so they literally placed it back in its box. 

Yeap, that was what I was thinking as well. How are they going to explain away the fact that 1) Diana was born out of wedlock (which is going to be a scandal on its own), 2) Adalinda has another, younger child, with another man, 3) Adalinda and Renard's relationship can be  best describe as rocky, 4) I am sure his political enemies could always find out that he also slept with Adalinda's mother,  5) that his daughter is currently missing and neither parent knows where she is, and also 6) he himself was born out of wedlock. Personally, they should've just let Renard stay single and just bury all of his skeletons in a deep, deep closet. 

I don't see how any of that is an issue for a mayoral election. This isn't the uptight 1950s. Most people don't care anymore if a child is born "out of wedlock" or that couples live together without being married or that some women have children by different men.

• Love 2
7) he himself was born out of wedlock.

8) Adalind wasn't sure if the child was Renard's or that of his half-brother (she was sleeping with both at the same time)

9) Renard ordered the death of that half-brother (Meisner knows about that and might spill it if Renard goes black claw)

10) The two fathers of Adalind's two children conspired to kidnap Diana from her

11) Diana was given into the care of a woman who had killed Adalind's mother

12) That woman was also the mother of the second father

13) Adalind raped that second father and that's how she ended up pregnant

14) Adalind dug up and then drank her own mother

I'm telling you, it will all be hard to put a "family values" spin on this. 

Edited by kili
  • Love 4

Most of that stuff doesn't matter, and the other stuff won't become known because everyone involved, even the campaign lady, has a vested interest on keeping it secret.

• Love 1

I don't see how any of that is an issue for a mayoral election. This isn't the uptight 1950s. Most people don't care anymore if a child is born "out of wedlock" or that couples live together without being married or that some women have children by different men.

It kind of is a big deal. I mean I guess it won't be much of an issue if he was still living with Adalind but overall people will judge him by that (or at least that is what I think would happen in a real-world setting) as some kind of deadbeat dad. 

Edited by TVSpectator

I think this whole thing is just a poorly conceived idea to bring back Diana . There is nothing wrong with a single man running for mayor . I would think that his ibigger ssue would be that he is a police CAPTAIN running for mayor, who leads the city council, who as a group are the boss of the police CHIEF. At least I'm assuming that's the way it would run in Portland . That is how it is in California ( my dad is a retired police chief ) .

So that would effectively make Renard the boss of his current boss , if that makes sense. And in the real world there would be a lot of interpersonal and inter-departmental issues associated with that.

Edited by neuromom

As a former WWE fan (as my screen name will obviously show), I did enjoy seeing Chavo Guerrero Jr. as the other lucha libre in the storyline.  Besides that, it was a typical MOW story-line, which was decent, if a bit of a filler.  But I really want to know how was this resolved.  It seemed obvious that while the guy was an idiot to not listen to the mask maker, he really didn't mean to kill anyone, so would Nick and the crew just say hell with it and let him go?  Or did they still arrest him anyway?  Or was him still hearing the masks mean he lost his mind, so perhaps they just said he was insane and put him in an institution?  This show sometimes struggles with that aspect.

Wow, Renard's storyline is becoming more and more hilarious.  He really might be considering running for mayor and the plan is to promote himself as a "family values" guy, by bringing back Adalind and Hannah into his life?!  Ha!  Have these writers seen how campaigns play out?  Think of all the dirt that they would dig up!  I mean, hell, just the fact that Adalind was also in a relationship with his brother/James Frain, would get media attention for days and cause "family value" voters to run for the hills.  And if they find out she not only has another child, but one with a co-worker/subordinate, I..... never mind, this is all just hurting my head.  It would make more sense to run him as a candidate who is single, and try to use his sex appeal to woo voters, which I'm sure would work better.

Nick and Adalind briefly address the whole "What if I become a hexenbeast again?" thing, but not really.  That's not something you should take a wait and see approach on, Nick.

At least there was some nice Monroe and Rosalee banter.  Made up for the lack of Wu.

It would make more sense to run him as a candidate who is single, and try to use his sex appeal to woo voters, which I'm sure would work better.

Yeah, I'm not sure all the soap opera around Renard's love life would matter if he just ran as a single man. Where it would become an issue is if he ran as a Family Values candidate, trotting out his family stuff to promote himself, which inclines people to look into anything that seems odd. Then he comes across as a hypocrite. And surely the fact that he is pretty well known in town and no one who knows him remembers him having a child at all (aside from the Grimm gang that knows about Diana) would make things get weird and awkward if he suddenly has a daughter and is promoting himself as a family man.

Hmm, I wonder if all this is a ploy by Black Claw to find Diana? Hey, you should run for office, you'd be great, but you need to be a dad. We need to get your daughter for this ...

This one was so main cast-lite that I wonder if this is what they were filming while they were doing the filming in Germany.

• Love 1

I really did not like this episode; just not enough of Nick and the Scoobies. The whole Mexican wrestler plot was a complete snooze.

ITA! However, I can understand that for those that may be Mexican wresting fans, it may have been enjoyable for them. It just irks me that they had better lighting for the wrestling match than they did for any other fight scenes. I'd much rather see Renard get his woge on..or Meisner get his MMA on , than to watch guest stars do wrestling.

Edited by neuromom
  • Love 2

It kind of is a big deal. I mean I guess it won't be much of an issue if he was still living with Adalind but overall people will judge him by that (or at least that is what I think would happen in a real-world setting) as some kind of deadbeat dad. 

Which he pretty much is, as far as we know.

I was thinking more about Benito the mask-maker and that despite his kind old man facade, he was a pretty nasty and stupid dude.  He kills a guy (yes, another Wesen criminal) in a most brutal way, all to use his santeria powers and knowledge to get half the take of a luchador.  Which he only gets once and doesn't get to use.  Of course he didn't anticipate getting killed himself and apparently trusted that the guy would listen to his advice, but still.  From the looks of it he got away with it a few times before, a few years apart, but didn't appear to get to rich from it.  The writers are sort of doubling down on trying to get us to think that much crime is committed by Wesen folk.  Too bad Renard isn't more interested in that and less interested in his personal life. 

• Love 1

I thought that Martin Meisner was the last one to see Diana. After Kelly Burkhardt was killed, he was with her in the helicopter when she used telekinesis to push the King guy (her grandfather) out. Wouldn't this give him some power over Renard? They still haven't resolved to what extent Meisner and Renard were working together in the past and now. Renard would have to know that even if he became mayor, the black claw people would create havoc right away so he wouldn't be loved and admired

• Love 1

But on top of that, Juliette being a hexenbiest was enough to freak him the fuck out last season but his response to Adalind's (very good) question was "We'll deal with it." Seriously? Does that mean he wasn't willing to deal with Juliette being a hexenbiest because they don't have a child together? Or that when the time comes, "dealing with" Adalind becoming a hexenbiest will mean taking Kelly away from her and shutting her out of their lives?

Well, to be fair, Juliette's "hexenface" is "terrifying monster" while Adalind's is more "grumpy cat."  Also Nick's approach to Juliette's situation was focused on "there is something wrong with you and we have to fix you and change you back."  Adalind was already a hexenbiest.  She really still is.  Hell, he's cool with the idea that she raped him.  A "bad face moment" every now and again shouldn't be a problem for him.  That all said, maybe if Nick (and company) had been a touch more accepting and flexible with Juliette, Nick would still have his mom, trailer and girlfriend who did not rape him.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 2

With a candidate who looks like Renard, I think it would be more of an advantage to present him as single. I actually hate the thought that anyone would vote by looks, because I know that they're smarter than that, but I think Renard, whether he wins or loses, would have a freaking fan club after the election. 

• Love 2

I assumed that they arrested that guy for both murders and that he would get an insanity defense since he was talking about "The mask told me to do it".

That was my take away at least..I don't see them letting him go..

• Love 3

What I found unbelievable about the mask-maker is how he was willing to save the fighter at the end by telling Nick what ceremony was needed.  That didn't jive with taking the other Vesens' face off, and not explaining the contract to the fighter in the first place.  had he told him why he shouldn't wear the mask outside of the ring, then the fighter wouldn't have killed anyone. 

Nick was turned off, not by Juliette being a hexenbiest per se, but more by her personality change. She became increasingly erratic and mad at the world.... and then tried to kill him.  That was all her.

• Love 1

My Tivo failed to record this episode, who knows why. I had an immediate flutter of panic about missing it... and then realized I really don't care enough to track it down. I'll just follow along here in the comments.

I'm starting to think that almost every show goes to hell after S3.

I don't think the Black Claw woman was seriously suggesting a "family values" platform for Renard. I think she was just using it to introduce the idea that he could benefit from being allied with them: they would help him get his daughter back. That's kind of stupid, as I remarked above, since Diana is being hidden for her own protection, not being held against Renard's will. But it is not quite as crazy as strategizing that Renard's freak-show love life would be appealing to socially conservative voters ;-) Perhaps the BC folks believe that the Resistance did kidnap Diana, not understanding the entire situation.

I was maybe not clear enough on the time frame for my comment about Nick being repulsed by hexen-Juliette. Clearly, later on he was repulsed by her actions. And there was a scene, before that, where she woges and demands that he kiss her -- not entirely fair, though Nick would have won serious points in my book if he had sucked it up and done so. But I was talking about the scene where Juliette first reveals what has happened to her. Nick does say something about dealing with the situation, but he means dealing with the situation by fixing her, not by learning to live with her condition. And then he walks out of the house, leaving her alone. Granted, such a revelation might warrant getting a breath of fresh air, but it played like rejection: she was desperate for reassurance, and he couldn't give it. So that makes me think his revulsion runs pretty deep. Of course, as johntfs points out, Adalind was always a hexenbiest, so Nick might perceive this less as something to be fixed. And, of course, the writers are happy to re-write the characters' personalities to fit the exigencies of the plot. Thus, we'll probably get some nauseating crap about Nick nobly accepting the mother of his child.

I thought that Martin Meisner was the last one to see Diana. After Kelly Burkhardt was killed, he was with her in the helicopter when she used telekinesis to push the King guy (her grandfather) out. Wouldn't this give him some power over Renard?

I thought Meisner pushed the king from the helicopter. He said "Down with the King" and Diana smiled. But I didn't think she actually killed her grandfather. Meisner reported to Renard that the king was dead (hinting that he might be responsible, but not directly saying so) and that Diana was with the Resistance. I think Meisner is fond of Diana, but Renard doesn't know that. So if Renard went all Black Claw, Meisner could perhaps use Diana as leverage. It would be a dangerous game, however.

A few random comments.

1) Meisner told Renard he was flying the helicopter when the King was shoved out the door.

2) I maintain that Meisner's co-pilot in the helicopter with the helmet was Kelly, which is why Diana did absolutely nothing to save her mother's life.

3) Nick walked out after Juliette's hexenbiest confession to get some fresh air and you could see that he was upset about the situation.  However, Nick and Juliette were BOTH warned of potential side effects with the body swapping and nasty sex to regain his powers.

4) Meh.  My sexy pants Renard may be a good cop, but he's dumber than a box of hair when it comes to women.  Lawd.

5) Muahhahah.  I can't wait until the show tries to explain Diana's whereabouts to the Mayoral media.

6) Renard should just resign as Police Captain if he's angling for the Mayor's seat.

7) I did not mind Adalind voicing her concerns if she regains all of her powers to Nick.  The show really messed up in not casting CC as Juliette.

8) Ah.  I see the special snowflake was on, again.  Why?  I get so annoyed with how this show tries to make Juliette seem like a police detective!

9) I really enjoyed seeing the old Nick writing in the Grimm books!  What a real treat and how dumb it was for the writers to burn the Grimmabago.  As a poster mentioned above, Nick writing in the Grimm books for the next generation is one of the reasons I fell in love with this show in the first place.  

What exactly makes Adalind think Nick would kick her and Kelly to the curb if she re Hexenbeist's? Does she believe they are a package deal? Did it not occur to her that she would be outcast alone and Kelly stay right where he is? Foolish assumption.

• Love 1

Since we're dealing with Templars, I just assumed that the "magic stick" was a supposed to be a piece of the True Cross.

As for Renard, yeah, any attempt to portray him as a family man would be ridiculous.  However, my biggest issue is that he's willing to join with the people who just murdered his friend, almost before said friend's corpse cooled off.  This is really damaging the character for me.

• Love 2

The fighter was an idiot to order that Wesen mask, but I don't consider him responsible for the two deaths. Without the Wesen mask he would have continued to be a jobber or eventually quit wrestling. That would obviously not hold up in court, so hopefully Nick let him go.

The guy was still hearing voices. They said the mask would make you crazy. Even if he weren't still in a room full of masks that may actually have been talking to him and only him, "voices told me to" is pretty much a one way ticket to insanity defense. I do not think they'd just let him go. It would not be safe for him. Stupid dude who didn't follow instructions probably ruined his own life. Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1

As for Renard, yeah, any attempt to portray him as a family man would be ridiculous.  However, my biggest issue is that he's willing to join with the people who just murdered his friend, almost before said friend's corpse cooled off.  This is really damaging the character for me.

Right, for me, too.  It's either part of the very flexible morality on this show, or there's a chance that he is not going to the dark side, and is instead infiltrating Black Claw and will work against them.  I hope so.  I know he's been shown to have some stirrings around seeking power, but I don't know that he'd be so on board with the whole wesen uprising's motto about not being hidden anymore.  And killing bunches of people.  He just recently felt awful about what he did as Jack the Ripper.

• Love 1

oh, thank, I was having a hard time remembering if the helicopter scene or Kelly going to the house with Diana happened first, but I guess Kelly was killed at the house last so we don't know who had Diana. (weird how these clever people such as Kelly or Agent Chavez or even Marwan keep getting killed in a simple confrontation).

Anyway, after Juliette went to Renard and clearly implied that they're going to target the campaign staff for setting up the assassination, that means Renard has to pick a side. He can't naively proceed. He either has to reach out to the secret gov't organization, or pick black claw and be prepared to outsmart them. of course, he is a warlock so maybe he can use magic that he rarely resorts to in this show.

I noticed that the HW scenes lacked both Trubel and Meisner. Were they on vacation? Of course not; nobody on this show gets vacation time except for Hank. So they were probably off somewhere kicking ass. Thus, when the episode got boring, I tried to imagine what they were up to. Those two don't need no stupid masks to beat people up!

I liked it.  I like luchador stories, so it wasn't boring to me.  But El Tigre Feroz was dumb as a box of rocks, and Benito would know that so kind of an idiot plot.

I would think that his ibigger ssue would be that he is a police CAPTAIN running for mayor, who leads the city council, who as a group are the boss of the police CHIEF. At least I'm assuming that's the way it would run in Portland . That is how it is in California ( my dad is a retired police chief ) .

He would definitely have to resign as police chief -- who could become his replacement, though?

Bernie Parks ran for mayor of Los Angeles, but that was three years after losing his job as Chief of Police.  

Since we're dealing with Templars, I just assumed that the "magic stick" was a supposed to be a piece of the True Cross.

I wonder how long that will last, will it come back this season and cure a hexenbiest or something, or will it languish like the keys for seasons?

My very first thought was that the stick was a piece of the True Cross -- that ties in with Templar mythology.  The thought that they could use it to cure Adalind hadn't occurred to me but I think it would work.

I don't know that the show would actually present a religious item of that nature on this show - I think it would be something from fairy tales or mythology. 

When Constantine's mother believed that she had discovered the True Cross, she broke it up into pieces and many people ended up with the pieces. I've never heard any stories on how people were miraculously healed by touching the cross. Constantine's mother should have lived forever. Of course, she could have been mistaken. 

There is a legend that the Templars did go to Jerusalem.  They dug something up in a temple and left. Nobody knows what they dug up. People suspected that it was the Holy Grail, but whatever it was still remains a secret. 

How are the Lost Planet Airmen doing?

I've never heard any stories on how people were miraculously healed by touching the cross.

From the Wikipedia entry:

When the empress beheld the place where the Saviour suffered, she immediately ordered the idolatrous temple, which had been there erected, to be destroyed, and the very earth on which it stood to be removed. When the tomb, which had been so long concealed, was discovered, three crosses were seen buried near the Lord's sepulchre. All held it as certain that one of these crosses was that of our Lord Jesus Christ, and that the other two were those of the thieves who were crucified with Him. Yet they could not discern to which of the three the Body of the Lord had been brought nigh, and which had received the outpouring of His precious Blood. But the wise and holy Macarius, the president of the city, resolved this question in the following manner. He caused a lady of rank, who had been long suffering from disease, to be touched by each of the crosses, with earnest prayer, and thus discerned the virtue residing in that of the Saviour. For the instant this cross was brought near the lady, it expelled the sore disease, and made her whole.

When he would turn green and stop breathing, and, you know, DIE for brief periods of time, he went to one doctor who found nothing wrong with him, and he pretty much said the same thing about just seeing what would happen. And Juliette, because a lot has been made of her medical training, totally agreed this was the absolute right way to deal with it.

Did they go to Rosalee about his problem? Uh, no.

And then like magic, it totally went away. 

Oh, sure, they gave it lip service by Nick occasionally having super hearing, but they've even given up on that.

The super hearing is actually from a different incident -- he got jacked up by some mosquito Wesen which made him unable to see because bug eyes and also gave him super hearing. Not that the show remembers.

The best part of this episode was the lucha matches. Seriously, the matches were well done. Chavo can get the fuck off my television though. Seriously, it's like I can't escape his mediocrity no matter what I watch.

Hopefully Nick putting some distance between he and Adalind continues next week. She doesn't need to have any part of this magic stick business.

Also, WTF JULIETTE??? Because Renard was like "hey I have a grip of information for you" and she's all like "nah bruh, I got this, imma go wig around town and eavesdrop instead" which of course led to her eavesdropping on him when if she had just been less of a Juliette he'd just tell her straight out in the first place. Totally, completely pointless. Why can't Meisner send her ass to Portugal or Argentina or wherever he sent Truble to?

• Love 1

Why can't Meisner send her ass to Portugal or Argentina or wherever he sent Truble to?

My theory is she's only Robotic HW part-time. She's still going in to the clinic to do spays, neuters, dental cleanings & vaccinations.  That's why her friends & co-workers aren't pounding on Nick's (former) door, wondering what happened to her.

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Love 4