Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Wingman

Athena

In attempt to find the contents of his stolen container, Lucifer enlists the help of an unlikely ally. Meanwhile, Chloe digs deeper into the Palmetto case, uncovering a lead that might finally expose the truth.

I don't like Luci being mortal.  I'm worried he's losing more powers.  His eyes didn't turn red when threatening the guy that stole the wings.  He was still very menacing though (props to Tom Ellis).

Yay to Maze stealing/keeping a feather.

Why did Amenadiel save that guy?

I don't want Luci to fall in love with Chloe.  I actually like Chloe, a lot. I just don't want that to be a thing.

• Love 8

Why did Amenadiel save that guy?

Maybe to salvage that angel "ego"? Lucifer hit pretty close to home by mentioning Amenadiel getting close to Falling. Amenadiel looked appropriately horrified that he let himself get that angry. Maybe giving that cop another chance has less to do with the overall plan to get Lucifer back in Hell and more to do with self-image?

For every step forward Dan takes, Det. Douche takes two back for him.  Either you support Chloe- who was proven correct in front of you- or you don't, dude. I can't trust Dan. Even if he isn't in on the dirty bidness of the Palmetto case, he's beyond wishy-washy. He can't choose a side and stay with it within the same episode!  Yes, he's nervous about potentially leveling charges against fellow cops, but if they are bad/dirty, shouldn't he be willing to help out without asking Chloe if she's sure about this, that and the other thing?  The woman has been a station pariah since before the premiere, so yeah, Dan, I think Chloe should know whether she's sure about continuing the damn case.

In breaking news, Tom Ellis and Lesley-Ann Brandt are gorgeous humans.

Please let the wings that burned up be the fakes.

• Love 2
(edited)

The director is a glorious troll.   To give us that beautiful shot of Lucifer standing with his wings 'displayed' behind him annnnddd ... then burn them in the next shot.

There's probably an inappropriate joke about wingspan size ... and Amenadiel's being smaller. ;)

I didn't expect that Lucifer would get his wings back, it would be too easy and tip him over to ridiculously over powered.  But I had hoped!  That said, I like the twist the series has placed on his burning them as being his attempt to genuinely cut all ties with Heaven.  I don't know what this will mean about his other powers, we didn't really see them on display this episode EXCEPT comic spoilers: 

Even in the comics where he pretty much stays over powered, even going through his trials, his greatest power is his wit and his cunning. Which he definitely showed with using the coin to get into the auction and he can definitely use, divine powers or not.

That said, I hope he's not completely de-powered.  It's fun when he gets to open a can of angelic whoop-ass.

Speaking of angelic.  I think Amenadiel is playing another angle with reviving Malcom.  I think he sees Malcom as a route to get at Chloe, who is another route to get to Lucifer now that the wings are out of play.  

Ellis and Woodside were excellent tonight.  From that fight on the beach to the pair of them griping about false religious artifacts, I laughed I'll admit it.

Annnnddd I don't think it was a throw away that Maze saved a feather.  I expect that will come up again at the end of the season.

Edited by storyskip
  • Love 7

Maze took it way too well when Lucifer told her that they are going to be stuck on Earth forever. So I think as long as one feather from the wing still exists, the wings can be regrown. Maze the protector is going to hold on to it until the day (that she is sure will eventually come) where Lucifer really wants or needs them again.

• Love 7

Those wings were beyond gorgeous and I actually gasped out loud in horror when Lucifer set them on fire. I'm still mourning their loss. I'm glad Maz saved a feather. Hopefully they can be regrown as someone else mentioned.

This show is seriously becoming my favourite show of the season. I actively look forward to it every week and I hope it'll be renewed for a season two.

• Love 3

Glad to see I'm not the only one who prefers Lucifer with his powers and his wings. Being the devil just sets him apart from all those other civilian TV show police consultants out there and makes him so much more intriguing. I also don't need him to hook up with Chloe; I actually like her and her ex.

But there is definitely something going on with that feather. Either it's proof that the wings weren't the real ones or they can be restored. But I doubt she kept it because she's sentimental. Maze doesn't strike me as the sentimental kind of girl. And I definitely wouldn't mind more of the two brothers working together. And in suits. They have a great dynamic.

• Love 6

I don't like Luci being mortal.  I'm worried he's losing more powers.  His eyes didn't turn red when threatening the guy that stole the wings.  He was still very menacing though (props to Tom Ellis).

This. I signed on for the adventures of the Devil, not just a hot, British version of Castle. I don't even like the implication of Amenadiel having the upper hand without intervention from dear old Dad, nevermind Lucifer having to be afraid of some auctioneer's hired thugs if he doesn't play nice. His only limitations should be his own character flaws and whatever God won't allow him to do re: innocent or morally upstanding people.

• Love 8
Bruinsfan, on 08 Mar 2016 - 03:20 AM, said:

This. I signed on for the adventures of the Devil, not just a hot, British version of Castle. I don't even like the implication of Amenadiel having the upper hand without intervention from dear old Dad, nevermind Lucifer having to be afraid of some auctioneer's hired thugs if he doesn't play nice. His only limitations should be his own character flaws and whatever God won't allow him to do re: innocent or morally upstanding people.

I had hoped that only Chloe would be able to wound him. I guess, it still hasn't been proven, since Lucifer seems to believe he's mortal and I'm getting more and more convinced that he is, too.

And I definitely have the same sentiment about Castle. If they keep going down this road it'll turn into Castle - charming, playboy becomes police consultant to get the girl. Maybe he wants to start writing his memoirs in the process?

Give Lucifer back his immortality, please!

• Love 4

I'm not convinced that he burned the real wings, the fake ones looked real enough until he actually touched them, Amenadiel wouldn't have realized they were fake.

• Love 7
(edited)

Maybe it is only Chloe. So far the only two people who made him bleed in any way was her and his angelic brother, Amenadiel, and I would assume that he could hurt him anyway. I have to agree, the show is getting better and better each week. I wasn't too keen on Tom Elis at the start, but boy is he charming and hot. He exeles at those moment where Lucifer becomes Satan, his rage is terrifying.

I loved the fact that the guy Chloe lost her cool with was Amenadiel (another fine specimen). That must have irritated Lucy like nothing else.

I was hoping that he didn't burn the real wings as well - I expected that to be the episode ending, but I'm more inclined to believe that he did the moment I saw the feather in Maze's possession. That is the way we are getting them back. Otherwise it's kind of redundant to show that.

Edited by tanita
  • Love 7

Maybe it is only Chloe. So far the only two people who made him bleed in any way was her and his angelic brother, Amenadiel, 

And both are immune to his charms.  Since Chloe was so enamored with Amenadiel it does get me wondering if she doesn't have some Angel in her.  This episode was good but a bit of whiplash. Luci refused to tell Chloe last episode but this one he is like, ok, here you go. 

One thing that is starting to bother me is Dan. It is so odd that he is like her partner but not. He clearly does seem to love her and walks around constantly watching out for her. Why doesn't he have a partner.  Why is his wife allowed to work in the same precinct. Sometimes she jumps in with Dan on dangerous stuff and I get that he has her back but if they get hurt? Has she thought about her daughter losing both parents? I am not sure that Dan isn't somehow a little dirty with the Palmetto thing but, if he isn't.. wondering how they are going to keep him on the show.

• Love 2

I don't know how or why, but this has become one of my must see shows.

No, not the wings Luci!! Aw, they were so pretty. I wonder, with that conversation he had with the auctioneer about looking on them making him a believer - I wonder if that works for demons too. Because otherwise, why would Maize retrieve a feather? Isn't that Luci's way home? I mean his original home, not Hell. So why would Maize wanna hold onto a piece of it?

Loved Chloe flirting with Amandiel and Luci getting all butt hurt about it. And yes, more of the brothers teaming up, please. I enjoyed their little detente during the auction and laughing. My, my, my, what a sexy sight to behold lol!

I'm wondering if Dan is the dirty cop shooter. Just got weird vibes off him when they found the hidden room. And Heather Tom as the wife! Nice to see you moonlighting away from Bold and the Beautiful.

The episode was directed by Eriq La Salle, nice job Dr. Benton! Except...YOU BURNED HIS BEAUTIFUL WINGS *sob*!!!

I need some more Trixie, and some more Luci/Trixie, Show.

• Love 8

So it turns out that Mr. Angel was behind this whole plan where a guard at the warehouse where the wings were kept was killed. Somehow that doesn't seem like very angelic behavior to me.

• Love 2

Please let the wings that burned up be the fakes.

I'm pretty confident those were the fakes, and that Luci isn't mortal, but yeah this episode went in the opposite direction I want the it to, British Castle, I don't need, no matter how much I like Tom Ellis.

• Love 3

I expected the wings to be a little more resistant to flame, but those suckers went up like nobody's business! 

That started to twig me too, but then I realized that it was Lucifer himself who deliberately set them alight. If anyone could burn them up in a snap, it would be him, and they did catch quickly enough to indicate something unnatural was going on. However, if he weren't becoming mortal or at least seriously weakened, I would have expected him to easily get the upper hand in a fistfight with Amenadiel. I'd think only archangels like Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, etc. would be able to engage him on a somewhat even playing field.

That started to twig me too, but then I realized that it was Lucifer himself who deliberately set them alight. If anyone could burn them up in a snap, it would be him, and they did catch quickly enough to indicate something unnatural was going on. However, if he weren't becoming mortal or at least seriously weakened, I would have expected him to easily get the upper hand in a fistfight with Amenadiel. I'd think only archangels like Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, etc. would be able to engage him on a somewhat even playing field.

I will note that Lucifer was really more just taking the beating and not fighting back.  His method of "defense" was to point out how close Amenadiel was coming to his own Fall.  We really don't know what would happen if Lucifer had actually fought back physically.

• Love 5

Lucifer would know whether or not his wings are fake. It was proven in this very episode.

I don't like him being human either but it could explain Chloe's immunity to him. It started with her but others are catching it. The guard at the auction for an example.

Missed Trixie.

Chloe's eye makeup bugs me. She also looks like a raccoon no matter what. I expected spectacular makeup when she showed up at the auction, but what do you know. Same ole' raccoon eyes.

• Love 1

I agree with Johntfs, Luci wasn't really fighting back and he didn't seem interested in fighting back.  He was more engaged by Amenadiel skirting so close to a Fall of his own.

Also in this article http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/lucifers-woodside-spreads-his-wings-as-the-not-so-angelic-amenadiel DB Woodside mentions that the series character of Amenadiel is supposed to also have heavy influences of Michael and he even says he's the 'older' brother.  So from that standpoint, he could definitely give Luci a butt kicking.

• Love 1

Luci taunted Amenadiel into a beat down and didn't fight back. I think part of it was tempting Amenadiel closer to a fall, but if that was his only goal, fighting back would have prolonged the brawl and pushed Amenadiel closer to the dark side.

I also think Luci knows he did a bad thing by burning his wings (even if the wings are fake, he is still intentionally deceiving Amenadiel which skirts close to lying) and by his moral code deserves to be punished. So he used Amenadiel as the instrument of his punishment.

Luci taunted Amenadiel into a beat down and didn't fight back. I think part of it was tempting Amenadiel closer to a fall, but if that was his only goal, fighting back would have prolonged the brawl and pushed Amenadiel closer to the dark side.

I also think Luci knows he did a bad thing by burning his wings (even if the wings are fake, he is still intentionally deceiving Amenadiel which skirts close to lying) and by his moral code deserves to be punished. So he used Amenadiel as the instrument of his punishment.

On a re-watch of that whole situation I have to say, I don't think the wings were fake.

1)  Why would Mazikeen save a feather?

2)  In the playing the piano scene, Lucifer appears to have made a real personal game changer choice, weighted by the burning of the wings.

3)  This is angelic mythos, all the writers need are 1 feather to write the wings back into the story if they want too later.

4)  How fast the wings burned.  Remember, Lucifer is "God's Lamplighter" his purview has always been fire, so the fact that the wings went up like kindling I think is due to Lucifer's power, than just a cigarette hitting a fake display.

Also the fight.  The fight alone isn't pushing Amenadiel towards a Fall.  Lucifer walked it out to him; Amenadiel was willing to murder a human (okay Renny wasn't what we'd call 'innocent' but at the same time Amenadiel used Renny) and risk the wings being unleashed on humanity, putting how many other mortals at risk JUST because Amenadiel doesn't want to do his job.  THAT is more Fall worthy than punching Luci in the face.  You can see it in Luci's body language, he knew he was pushing Amenadiel to attack him and was ready for that beat down but the Fall was about the anger Luci had provoked by pointing out Amenadiel's dodgy actions, than the physicality. 

Again, this show and their damn subtle-ties.

Speaking of which, it's very subtle because they were throw away lines / looks on Ellis' face but if anyone goes back for a re-watch, notice how Lucifer is starting to express his fascination with humanity as well as his protectiveness.  When the FBI guy said "we'll have them for 30 days, then give them back" at first I thought Lucifer was uncomfortable about having to prove his ownership but upon second watching I don't think that's it.  He could do that, fairly easily.  I believe he was inwardly adding up how many mortals would handle/gaze upon the wings in that 30 days, how many lives would be lost.

True, it was his mess but if he gave 0 cares about humanity, why would he worry?  Like Amenadiel said in the beginning, Lucifer is starting to feel accountability, WHILE we see Amenadiel give 0 cares about Renny and the mortals he put at risk in executing his plan.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think it was my favorite episode so far.

The show really benefits imo from more cast integration. After interesting Maze/Dan and Amenadiel/Linda meetings in the last episodes, Amenadiel/Chloe/Lucifer 100% worked for me. Their scene at the auction is probably one of my favorite of the whole show aside from the adorable Trixie/Lucifer ones.

I hate love triangles, but Lucifer/Chloe/Dan isn't a serious one (at least for now, fingers crossed). The reconstitution was funny and I laughed out loud at Lucifer's one liners.

Maybe it's because of Arrow, but I'm in the camp of those who aren't sure that Dan will be a good guy in the end. Or maybe he will nobly sacrifice himself at one point. I can see him as the first casualty among the regular characters. 

T.Ellis and DB Woods have great chemistry and I'm fascinated by the brothers' relationship.

It's been years since I watched a daytime soap, but I remember Heather Tom being renowned as a good cryer, and imo she didn't fail her reputation here.

I really like how Lauren German plays Chloe, and in particular how Chloe reacts to Lucifer. I can see that Chloe's been burned before (and seemingly couldn't count on her SO to make a stand and support her) and she's quick to close off when he's outrageous, flippant and selfish, but when he's acting "normal" or when she thinks he could be hurt, she's immediately more understanding and open. I liked that she admitted she saw him as a friend. And she did put the APB on the wings. Aww.

And again, I was glad that she could turn the tables on him in the auction scene with Amenadiel.

I need some more Trixie, and some more Luci/Trixie, Show.

Oh thank God it isn't only me. I'm going to stop here before I go portmanteau name again.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 4
(edited)

I vote blinded by sheer hotness in someone she didn't first approach as a person of interest in a gangland style hit.

Edited to add: I thought of Amenadiel's argument about Lucifer just ending up back in Hell if he dies, but he hasn't thought it all the way through. If Lucifer dies, he presumably goes to Hell as something very much like a mortal soul, not its nigh-omnipotent king and warden come home to retake the throne. Somebody other than him will still need to run things and make sure there aren't escapes, so Amenadiel gets zero relief from his newfound responsibilities and the added aggravation of a royally pissed-off Lucifer in Hell and possibly fomenting escape attempts by billions of damned souls out of spite.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 4

So it turns out that Mr. Angel was behind this whole plan where a guard at the warehouse where the wings were kept was killed. Somehow that doesn't seem like very angelic behavior to me.

very very very good point.

(edited)

Uhg. Heather Tom can cry all she wants she'll always be the woman who screwed her stepson, in a church, as it appropriately collapsed (it was a soap.)

Chloe and Dan actually appeared in the office! Not for long, I guess they check in then work from home? This continues to annoy me even though it's probably a budget issue it seems kinda lazy.

Lucifer said to Amenadiel that guy from last week jumped off the building after a glimpse of Lucifer's wings, but it was after seeing Lucifer's face that he jumped his wings had already been gone. I'm kinda confused by that.

I'm not so sure Amenadiel was affecting Chloe supernaturally, I think she at first she may have just been surprised he was black and then it turned into trying to cover that up by saying he's handsome plus trying to annoy Lucifer. I guess time will tell. Woodside and Ellis play really well off each other.

There has to be more to the wings, just like there has to be more to Lucifer's mortality issues or the show will lose a chunk of its story quickly. Amenadiel definitely seems in line to fall, which is interesting. Lucifer had to adjust to doing the work of the Devil as 'father' wanted that he hates, now it seems Amenadiel is having to adjust and do things he normally wouldn't do in the name of carrying out 'Dad's' wish of getting Lucifer back to hell.

Props to Chloe for knowing what Cosplay is, that makes up for liking NSYNC.

I too need a Lucifer/Trixie fix. Did I see the credits right this episode was directed by "Dr. Peter Benton" from ER? Cool!

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2
Gigi43, on 08 Mar 2016 - 5:03 PM, said:

Lucifer said to Amenadiel that guy from last week jumped off the building after a glimpse of Lucifer's wings, but it was after seeing Lucifer's face that he jumped his wings had already been gone. I'm kinda confused by that.

Well, after he saw Lucifer's rage and face he realized that the wings were truly his and real, so an argument can be made that that realization made him jump off the roof because he couldn't handle the implications.

Bruinsfan, on 08 Mar 2016 - 4:32 PM, said:

I vote blinded by sheer hotness in someone she didn't first approach as a person of interest in a gangland style hit.

Edited to add: I thought of Amenadiel's argument about Lucifer just ending up back in Hell if he dies, but he hasn't thought it all the way through. If Lucifer dies, he presumably goes to Hell as something very much like a mortal soul, not its nigh-omnipotent king and warden come home to retake the throne. Somebody other than him will still need to run things and make sure there aren't escapes, so Amenadiel gets zero relief from his newfound responsibilities and the added aggravation of a royally pissed-off Lucifer in Hell and possibly fomenting escape attempts by billions of damned souls out of spite.

Maybe Lucifer can be restored to his original form once back in Hell? And that he can die as a human doesn't have to mean he dies like a human, does it? It could simply mean that he is taken from the earthly realm and brought back to where Amenadiel thinks he belongs.

Ooh, ooh! I bet that's why he saved that cop! Luci is getting to him, he knew he did wrong there with the security guard getting killed so he tried to atone by saving the cop. Even though Principal Woods is a warrior angel, he's still being affected by Hell and the job there. The violence he showed towards Luci, setting in motion the death of an innocent bystander? Principal Woods is going through some ch-ch-ch-changes his damn self.

Please let the wings that burned up be the fakes.

I really like the complications and questions of Lucifer's mortality, but I do hope that he burned the fakes and is hiding the real ones. Then again, since Maze has that feather, I suppose it doesn't matter if he burned the real ones. I imagine that feather is going to come in handy eventually.

Loved the camera shot of the outspread wings framing Lucifer. Really cool.

• Love 1

One thing I thought was lame: having Chloe and Dan go to the hospital to hover in front of the door of the comatose cop and his family. Why on earth would that be a good idea, given that they hate Chloe? It seemed like such a staged scene to have the sobbing, angry wife see them, come to the door, demand to know what the hell she's doing there, and insist they leave. I mean... really? Such a melodramatic, forced scene. There was absolutely no reason for Dan to drag Chloe there. Her seeing the grieving family wasn't going to make her drop the investigation she believes so strongly in that it's ostracized her from her entire precinct, and him bringing her there was stupid and rude.

• Love 6
sinkwriter, on 08 Mar 2016 - 7:37 PM, said:

I really like the complications and questions of Lucifer's mortality, but I do hope that he burned the fakes and is hiding the real ones. Then again, since Maze has that feather, I suppose it doesn't matter if he burned the real ones. I imagine that feather is going to come in handy eventually.

Loved the camera shot of the outspread wings framing Lucifer. Really cool.

Someone asked Lesley-Ann Brandt about the wings on twitter.

She said Lucifer burned the real ones.

• Love 1

Someone asked Lesley-Ann Brandt about the wings on twitter.

She said Lucifer burned the real ones.

Afterbuzz TV interviewed showrunner Joe Henderson and he also confirmed that. He also said there were some lines in the script that would have clarified it more but they got cut in the aired episode (I assume, for time). Here's the interview -- they spend the first half of the show recapping the episode but the last half is more of a Q&A with Joe with very mild spoilers for future episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyofsFLr8VA

• Love 1

Maybe to salvage that angel "ego"? Lucifer hit pretty close to home by mentioning Amenadiel getting close to Falling. Amenadiel looked appropriately horrified that he let himself get that angry.

For every step forward Dan takes, Det. Douche takes two back for him.

In breaking news, Tom Ellis and Lesley-Ann Brandt are gorgeous humans.

I loved Lucifer goading him about falling. The look on Amenadiel's face when realisation struck was brilliant.

Det. Douche seems to be one hell of a coward. To a certain extent I even get it; risking one's job when there's a kid to be provided for isn't an easy thing to do, but he's also an idiot when he's alone with Chloe and no one would know he's helping. He's probably not a bad man, but worried about image and security to a fault. Grow a pair, Dan.

They are indeed.

The director is a glorious troll.   To give us that beautiful shot of Lucifer standing with his wings 'displayed' behind him annnnddd ... then burn them in the next shot.

That said, I hope he's not completely de-powered.  It's fun when he gets to open a can of angelic whoop-ass.

Ellis and Woodside were excellent tonight.  From that fight on the beach to the pair of them griping about false religious artifacts, I laughed I'll admit it.

That was one great shot.

Same here. That could become boring pretty fast.

They are also really believable as brothers. Apart from the beating each other bloody, parts of the episode could have been my sister and I. Especially the Statler and Waldorfing at the auction.

Maybe it's because of Arrow, but I'm in the camp of those who aren't sure that Dan will be a good guy in the end. Or maybe he will nobly sacrifice himself at one point. I can see him as the first casualty among the regular characters. 

I really like how Lauren German plays Chloe, and in particular how Chloe reacts to Lucifer. I can see that Chloe's been burned before (and seemingly couldn't count on her SO to make a stand and support her) and she's quick to close off when he's outrageous, flippant and selfish, but when he's acting "normal" or when she thinks he could be hurt, she's immediately more understanding and open. I liked that she admitted she saw him as a friend. And she did put the APB on the wings. Aww.

It would be really sad for Trixie, but as inconsistently as he's written, I get a sacrificial vibe from Dan as well.

I still think she's a horrible actress, but she's actually been better in the last two eps and while the Det. Decker part of her character still irks me, she's really grown on me as Chloe. Her not understanding but nonetheless accepting that this was important to Lucifer was quite a big thing. Especially considering he was talking about a set of wings.

Edited to add: I thought of Amenadiel's argument about Lucifer just ending up back in Hell if he dies, but he hasn't thought it all the way through. If Lucifer dies, he presumably goes to Hell as something very much like a mortal soul, not its nigh-omnipotent king and warden come home to retake the throne.

I was wondering about that too. I could just imagine Amenadiel going to daddy asking for the rules ;-)

Chloe's eye makeup bugs me. She also looks like a raccoon no matter what. I expected spectacular makeup when she showed up at the auction, but what do you know. Same ole' raccoon eyes.

That was a gorgeous lipstick however. I'd love to know what it was. 

• Love 3

I miss Trixie and the doctor but I loved getting more Amenadial. I would much rather watch a buddy cop show staring those two going on righteous hunts of evil doers then siccing Maze on them to seek vengeance.

I just have a hard time believing that out of all the actresses that must have auditioned for the role of Chloe, this is the one they picked. When she's not wooden she's kind of painful to watch. She's pretty in a very average way but they make her up so terribly. I think they are going for "weary and tired detective" but they are getting I'm putting on makeup to look weary and tired. IDK she's still the weak spot. At this point I'd rather she die and Dan raise Trixie and Lucifer and he can pair up and snark at each other. The "banter" between Luci and Chloe is just so film school 101 how to make a romantic procedural that it hurts.

• Love 1

I think they are going for "weary and tired detective" but they are getting I'm putting on makeup to look weary and tired. IDK she's still the weak spot. At this point I'd rather she die and Dan raise Trixie and Lucifer and he can pair up and snark at each other. The "banter" between Luci and Chloe is just so film school 101 how to make a romantic procedural that it hurts.

I think she is fine. I actually really like that she is actively admitting she likes Lucifer and lightening up a little bit. There are some problems with her as a character. But I like the idea that she is just someone in Lucifer's orbit. I am not happy when she wears her hair down while being a detective. That seems silly.  Also it seems she is at work just wayyyy too much with a young daughter but... I think the writers of this show are talented and are making the best of it.

• Love 2
But I like the idea that she is just someone in Lucifer's orbit.

I wish she was just someone in Lucifer's orbit. Instead she's the one who is changing him. She is the first one to hurt him with a bullet. She is the first one who can't be wooed by his charm. The show is making sure her bland ass is most important to Lucifer and it isn't working for me at all. But to each their own. It is interesting to see others interpret her as just there. I love how differently we all see the same thing. It's fascinating really. I am admittedly very jaded and hate pre-determined OTPs so there's that. And I see all the signs here so I'm not impressed.  

• Love 1

Honestly I'd prefer that Lucifer develop real romantic feelings for Dr. Linda in the midst of paying her in trade for therapy sessions thanks to the way she challenges him intellectually and prompts him to confront identity issues, as opposed to becoming obsessed with banging Hot Tub Homicide Detective because she's the one special snowflake he can't instantly charm. They also had a moment a few episodes ago where Linda brushed aside his offer of more sex because she was professionally intrigued and felt they were nearing a breakthrough in therapy—that's a more organic resistance to his aura than just showing up and being unaffected for no discernible reason from the start, and it works better for me. (They could have just had Lucifer not trying to charm Chloe because he needed her clear-headed for the investigation of his friend's death, and then either continuing to choose not to because he enjoyed their banter on a more equal footing or being unable to because she already knows him too well for the mystique to work.)

• Love 5

I'm fine with Chloe as a character. But I didn't see any immediate chemistry between them the first time they met. There seemed to be no pull. He wanted to get her into bed and without a strong chemistry between them it's kind of hard to imagine it's any more than that. And I really wouldn't mind if it didn't became any more than that or if they could become really close friends. I liked the final scene with them at the piano but only under a "developing friendship" aspect.

I know it's a little warped, but I laughed quite a bit during the scene with Lucifer, Maze and the hot tub guy. The longer they chatted away while she held the poor guy's head under water, the wider my eyes got. I kept thinking, "Okay, anytime now, let him back up!" LOL. And even when they were finished talking and Lucifer was walking away, Maze still held his head under water to the point where I was wondering if she'd accidentally kill him just because she doesn't care. I cracked up when Lucifer admonished with a pointed, "Maze..." and she rolled her eyes, pulled the guy up, and tossed him across the tub. Heee. Warped, but funny.

• Love 7

At this point I'd rather she die and Dan raise Trixie and Lucifer and he can pair up and snark at each other.

I mis-read this sentence the first time and thought it was saying Dan raising Lucifer. I would actually love to see a show where Dan was the single father to a small girl and the devil.

• Love 4

I know it's a little warped, but I laughed quite a bit during the scene with Lucifer, Maze and the hot tub guy. The longer they chatted away while she held the poor guy's head under water, the wider my eyes got. I kept thinking, "Okay, anytime now, let him back up!" LOL. And even when they were finished talking and Lucifer was walking away, Maze still held his head under water to the point where I was wondering if she'd accidentally kill him just because she doesn't care. I cracked up when Lucifer admonished with a pointed, "Maze..." and she rolled her eyes, pulled the guy up, and tossed him across the tub. Heee. Warped, but funny.

I loved that scene as well.  Along with the casual finger waves Lucifer gave to have her dunk the guy again and again.

Yes, warped but also so damn amusing.

• Love 1

I love Maze for being so unapologetically sadistic. I mean, it makes sense. These are demons and angels we are talking about. We are a lesser life form. To her it's probably the equivalent of holding a magnifying glass to an ant and watching it burn. And I'm glad they haven't "humanized" her. I don't like that they are doing it to Lucy so I need Maze and Amen to stay otherworldly and "above" us lowly humans.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think Dan is dirty or at least knew that others was dirty and did nothing about it.

Love at the end how Luc yells at his angle brother to go with his bad self and he can fall also.  I think Luc won the day with that one.  It made me laugh out loud.

I knew the angle had something to do with the stolen wings.  But for a while I was fooled by that typical plot line story idea!

Edited by gwhh

I kept waiting for Chloe to remember that she saw the scars on Lucifer's back a few episodes ago and put two and two together regarding the wings but no such luck. 

• Love 5

I was surprised it didn't come up even once. It's pretty weird to hear he's searching for "wings" when she knows he has those scars on his back. For all she knows, he's mentally ill and paid someone to give him those scars so he could tell people he once had wings, and it's all part of a serious "angel complex" delusion. Or something.

I guess she was too preoccupied with her own case to stop and think about it.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 2