Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Not Easy To Love

• Start Topic

I'm a long time lurker, but don't post. I'm not as eloquent as most of you & I love all the snark. I always come on here & read what's happened before we get to see it here a few hours later.

I just had to post this time as I don't think anyone has mentioned this. I think it's Lisa V that Tom Girardi throws out of their house. I had to rewind my DVR a few times & it definitely looks to be the case. I'm dying to know what happens, but looks like another LVP gang up.

Definitely could be Lisa, but I think it's probably Kathryn. Lisa isn't the type of person that behaves in such a manner that gets her kicked out of things, that's what Ken is for, and Mr Girardi-Jayne wasn't pointing to Ken.
  • Love 9

Re LVP - I think she is absolutely invested in the gossip, and completely takes sides.  She just does it when the cameras are not rolling.  This has been her practice going at least back to Season 2, when Brandi came into the picture.  LVP knew Brandi was brought in to make LVP mad, because of the Cedric connection; she talked that up to Kyle, which is why Kyle was so nasty to Brandi (which was Kyle's mistake and Kyle's bad doing).  Then LVP realized that she would be smarter to win Brandi over, so she off-camera arranged a meeting with Brandi, where she basically agreed to accept Brandi, as long as Brandi was her friend.  Brandi, no dummy, went for it completely.  This is where the whole "chess player" thing started - and I frankly thought it was a genius move on LVP's part.  She then deployed Brandi against Adrienne, just as she apparently tried to deploy Lisa Rinna against Yolanda.  With Brandi, it worked on Adrienne, but Brandi then turned on LVP.  I guess LVP doesn't learn as quick as you'd think, because if she tried to use Lisa Rinna, she should have remembered:  people don't like being used as weapons and they WILL turn on you when they realize what you've done.

LVP DOES "engage from the side".  Absolutely 100%.  

What's funny is, this sounds like I don't like her because of that, and that's actually not true! I admire her for working the system.  Production tried to mess with her, by bringing in a friend of Cedric, and she turned it to her advantage.  Slow clap.  Well done.  

Ottergirl - per usual you perfectly enunciated how I feel about Lisa. Of course she engages from the side, which should make me not like her, but there is just no way I cannot admire the way she plays the game. She is the master of all masters. The way she worked everyone in S2 was just incredible, and she came out on top. Her fingerprints where literally everywhere, but she came out on top and was blamed for almost nothing. Everyone else took all the heat. It's funny now to remember Kyle's charge at the time that LVP was the ultimate Chess Player and the reaction at the time. Folks hated Kyle for that and some people still do, yet it has proven to be one of the most accurate assessments of any HW, IMO. I'm not surprised that Rinna is going to be the one to try and nail LVP for it. I wonder if Rinna realizes that she is basically just confirming everything that Brandi said about LVP? 

• Love 13

I was really warming up to Erika over the course of the season, but then I turned slightly cold on her after last week's TH about how women are bitches and hard to be friends with (such bullshit and internalised misogyny, get a grip gurl) and now after tonight's shocking display of hypocrisy I am officially off the Erika the train. You spoke to Kathryn in confidence? Really, sweetie? In front of a bunch of cameramen and an international audience? LMAO. Okay sis. What kills me isn't just that she tried to pass off her blatant shit-stirring as something private and confidential, it's the complete lack of self-awareness on her part to be so pissed at someone running off to tell someone else what she said about them, when that's what she's been doing all season with regards to Yolanda! This entire season we've seen her running to Yo and gleefully reporting (and misreporting, I might add) to her what the other woman have been saying. So congrats Erika, on officially showing your ass. And not in the cute sassy ~Erika Jayne~ way, in the "you're a royal tit whose hypocrisies have really been exposed" way.

Why was she so bothered by the fact both LisaV and Kathryn asked her the same question? "How long have you two known each other"/"When did you meet" are common questions one can ask when getting to know a friend of a friend. The fact Erika is reading so much into such an innocuous thing makes me side-eye her. Methinks the lady doth protest too much....

• Love 20

My thing is, let's say LVP is Bambi.  She's taking the baked potato off the table.  Nicely played, Bambi!  But when people say "hey, you're taking that baked potato off the table," you can't then say "WHAT?!?!  I would NEVER take a baked potato off the table!  I don't even CARE about baked potatoes!! I have so many TENNIS BALLS to show you, WHY would I want a baked potato?!?!"

Ha! This is probably the best, most concise summary of LVP I've seen.
  • Love 10
(edited)

After reading thru the pet antics posts, I realized something.   The last 2 or 3 episodes I've come here to only post comments on  "The Real Dogs of Beverly Hills".   They've really taken over.   The ladies are secondary; they've become so boring/predictable.

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 6
I'm so over Yawnlanda. Her illness isn't interesting. Her outrage is less interesting. She's a black hole who sucks up all of the energy, fun, and enjoyment from this franchise.

Exactly. And now that she is no longer with her "love", we'll lose the only good thing about her segments - the entertainment that only David Foster could bring to the show. What does Yolanda alone have to offer? A bowl of lemons and a closet full of white pants? Pass. 

Sorry Erika, when you have a camera crew filming you, it's not in confidence.  And Kathryn, yeah, it's not in confidence but you don't go back and make a point of telling everyone.

Thank you!!! They were both wrong, IMO. Erika kept saying, "I was under the impression it was in confidence". In confidence, in confidence, blah blah blah. Girl, you are airing this for millions to see. How could that possibly be in confidence??? 

But, at the same time, Kathryn didn't need to go back and repeat what was said to everyone - especially since the she totally mangled Erika's words. I guess maybe she did it because she knew Lisa would see, and wanted to cover her bases, act like she wasn't "engaging" (tm Rinna) in the gossip. But there are better ways to handle it. I think she could have covered herself right then and there by telling Erika that she didn't really see Lisa that way, but that was an interesting insight. 

It felt like an episode of the Bachelor with the hushed tones of "can I steal you for a minute?"

Oh my gosh, YES! This is the most hilarious, but accurate, descriptor I've seen. 

Oh my God, Eileen; I liked you so much before, but regarding this shit with Lisa, GET THE FUCK OVER IT ALREADY!! You're a grown-ass woman! If someone kept questioning you about something you didn't want to talk about, you should have just said you didn't want to talk about it! Good gravy!

It's so frustrating! I loved Eileen, but she is really making a mountain out of a holemill. (tm Ramona Singer) I was on her side originally. I thought Lisa V was deliberately being nosy and prying, when it was obvious that Eileen was uncomfortable. I didn't even mind the first time she addressed it. But it's time to let it go already. You got all the apology out of LVP you will ever get. It may not be 100% sincere, but it's not like she's your best bosom buddy, so let's just drop it already. 

• Love 13

Is it possible we got through an entire episode without the mention of the "M-word"?  I felt something was missing so when Bocelli started to sing I just reworked it in my head as "I Have Moon-CHOW-OW-zehns".  During the picnic in the park with Eileen & Erica I kept waiting for Yo to announce how long it had been since she; felt grass, wore sunglasses, sat outside, saw the sun, ate lunch yadda yadda.

David has always been an ass.  I think Yolanda got emotional at the dinner party because she knew the marriage was over at that point.  The dinner scene was just another Bravo obligation to film and I think Yo realized it was probably one of the last "couple" events she'd be hosting with that self-centered prick.

Eileen and Lisar at odds seems so manufactured.  Zzzzz. 

When is Mohamed gonna finally pull the triggerr and marry Shiva?  Hasn't she been a fiancé longer than Yo & David have been married?

• Love 16

Here's the thing I've noticed - quite often the ladies have lunches, tête-à-tête's, meetings where they gossip about each other. I can remember very few LVP arranged gossip sessions. Mostly her segments are frolicking with Ken and the menagerie. Or some business dealings. Or possibly arranging flowers or standing in her amazing closet. She doesn't seem as invested in the gossip and taking sides as the others. So if my perception is correct - how can she be the Bobby Fischer of the group? Yes she has asked some shady questions that seem a bit needling or provocative but that seems to be he extent of it. I just get the impression that it all really isn't her scene and she keeps the group generally at arms length from her idyllic lifestyle. Is she capable of shady manipulation? Absolutely. Is she doing it? Just not sure?

LVP doesn't do it as much as the others for sure. I've always thought this had more to do with the fact that she doesn't get as close to the other gals. Actually, this is the first season I can remember where LVP is interacting so much with so many different people. Usually she sticks fairly close to one or two gals.

A couple of occasions stand out to me. LVP, Brandi and Yo gossiping about Kyle at the beginning of S4. The tabloid stories had just come out and they had a lunch where they sat around with glee and laughed about Kyle and how she had no friends, except for the ones that had a house to sell. LVP was especially ugly in that scene. Another time was the end of S3 when LVP and Brandi were getting a massage. This was the same night that Adrienne was having a big vodka party that they had decided to not attend. They gossiped about Adrienne and her marriage. LVP asked Brandi lots of questions to ascertain whether there were any problems in the Maloof household. 

My all time favorite example of how LVP manipulates and drives the drama strategically is with the S3 surrogate reveal. Of course Kyle asked the original question of Brandi - "what happened between you and Adrienne"?  A good question - none of us understood any of it. Brandi was off and running, but the dynamic between LVP and Brandi became fascinating. LVP started asking more probing and leading questions as the conversation went on. "She did that"? "When did she say that"? "Why would she do something like that"? LVP seemed incredulous at what she was hearing, as if she was hearing it all for the first time. Of course she wasn't hearing any of it for the first time. She and Brandi had become very close and they both hated Adrienne. Does anyone believe that Brandi hadn't already told LVP all of those things? As I watched it, I was literally transfixed with the way that Brandi was getting all of her griefs about Adrienne out there on camera, and LVP was keeping her hands very clean. She was the one who hated Adrienne the most, yet she was careful to not say things about her outside of the original claim about the tabloid stories. She helped Brandi trash Adrienne and pretended like she had zero idea that Adrienne had ever done any of these things. It was so awesome and perfectly played, especially the part where Kyle ended up getting blamed for the reveal, because she had asked the original question. 

But remember, the charge against LVP has always been that she does all this away from the cameras. Both Kyle and Brandi have spoken about the early morning, daily phone calls that last for an hour or more. Brandi specifically said that almost nothing outside of the show is discussed on these calls. It's all strategic about the show. Kyle never went as far as to make this charge against LVP with regard to the phone calls. She just acknowledged that they happened, and of course she is the first one to have told the world that LVP is very strategic. 

• Love 9

Maybe the realest moment was the fact Kyle was serving potatoes.  I remember the OC women, Heather and Tamra mentioning it had been years since they had a potato.   I noticed the places set for the crew at the table.  Once again we have Kyle eating.  Something the rest have managed to keep off camera.  Loved the dog. 

Another real moment is the Hamlin kid in her groggy state wanting to get a wheelchair.  Sure they look like a lot of fun and I am sure she had no idea how wanting a wheelchair for sport or convenience could be offensive to those ambulatory impaired. 

Kathryn with her sisters was also interesting.  I really can't blame Kathryn for blabbing to the rest about what transpired at Erika's house.  Erika is being very shady by playing the "in confidence" card.  No such thing in front of the cameras.  I am amazed at the number of people who vote against Kathryn.  Once again the real issue has been diluted -LVP as a manipulator, Erika for asserting the comments has been usurped with a run and tell action by Kathryn.   In a strange way these women are falling into LVP's web. 

• Love 6

Yolanda crying at the start of her dinner party...very telling, now.  I guess it was hard for her to keep up appearances that her king has lost that lovin' feeling.  Seriously, when you have unlimited funds, hosting a party with a staff to clean, cater, valet the cars etc...can be done with one phone call to your party planner, heavens that seems like an awful lot of work you know, dialing the phone and all. 

I did have to laugh when I realized that Yolanda and her blazers are on par with Drescher's of RHONY blazer addiction, I work and wear a suit most days and can't wait for the day I can burn all of them in my driveway. 

Andrea Bocelli!!!! OMG, how lucky are those women!  He could sing the phone book in Italian and it would have been mesmerizing.

Lisa Rinna is an idiot, her TH about her daughter and the fear she would die, talk about histrionics and drama.  Way to be the rock for her daughter.  (Side note, back in 1965 or so my brother had is tonsils and adnoids out, the doctor put them in a jar of formaldehyde to take them home, they were in our house maybe a day before my mother got rid of them!).

I have decided that I do not like Erika, something is really off with her.  Her husband is exactly what I expected, typical lawyer moves, they deflect better than anyone else.  I was married to one of those, not an easy life at all.

• Love 5

Kim and Kyle piss me off SO much because they KNOW that they (with and without Kathy) need counseling with a certified counselor who specializes in families with substances abuse issues in private not on a "boot camp" reality show.  They act like they are the only ones who are in this and have to figure it out all by themselves and that's not true but it makes for a few good weepy tv scenes.     

Refreshing to see that it's not just me that thinks that these problems aren't just on one persons shoulders and is something that is spread throughout the sisters. Maybe not exactly spread even but still they ALL need to work the problem in a much more healthy and supportive way.  Expecting the most jacked up of the three to figure out how to get it done always sounds like such a problematic gameplan. I mean it doesn't help that they are fame whores either but still. LOL.

• Love 3
(edited)

How can something be said or expected to be 'in confidence' if you are surrounded by cameras? What are these people?!?!

Kim and Kyle?!?! If I wanted to see this much family dysfunction I'd visit home more often. It is the same cycle over and over again. Shit from the past is never dealt with, they sweep it all under the rug, Kim starts abusing whatever, the crap under the rug comes tumbling out, the world explodes, screaming, crying and gnashing of teeth ensues, they become estranged, Kim goes to rehab, Kyle wrings her hands over not speaking to Kim, Mario says family is everything, Kyle humbles herself and goes to Kim they reconcile, they get a bigger rug to sweep it all under again, start back at #1 for next go around. I can't. 

Yeah the cameras are going to catch what she actually said and it won't air right away. I always wonder why that isn't factored into things. It's one thing to be addressed about something the women see make it to air and DIRECTLY from your mouth it's another when you have to be confronted by them the very next time you see them based off of the someone else and their own agenda and also in this particular instance what Erika shared was RIGHT after Kathryn ASSURED her that she could trust her to be a true friend. Camera or no camera that doesn't makes someone being TWO FACED acceptable. I like to keep some semblance of  normal expectations of behavior with these women even if they are on a reality show and I don't see anything wrong with feeling the way she feels about Kathryn basically tattling on her. And before anyone tries to compare it to Erika tellling Yolanda ABC, Erika was sitting there and heard the discussion. It wasn't some one on one intimate discussion and Yolanda was who Erika's loyalties lied with at the time anyway so it's not the same thing.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

Boy, did Kim try to turn that moment. Kyle said that she thought Kim hated her, hence the no communication for months and Kim then says that "She (herself) must be hard to love". Way to make yourself look like the victim here Kim......NOT!

ugghh, who's the victim who's not the victim... it's just so draining trying to assign what to who. They are just both screwed. End of story and please Bravo, OFF MY SCREEN.

• Love 1

Kim looked like Baby Jane in her TH's. Why would someone put big baby doll curls on the head of a woman! She's not a child..and that was a child's hairdo. Not flattering. And Kim doesn't even bother me....I actually feel for her and her addictions. 

Eileen---SHUT UP....Good Lord woman. YOU brought up the affair....now shut up. And BTW....You don't attack people in there own home...Rude bitch.

Never knew asking someone how long they've known someone else was a Big Fucking Deal. Can't stand Erika. She's a lying liar who lies. She's "friends" with Yolanda.  She's a crap singer and WAY to old to be crawling all over the place in a catsuit. I've never met a lawyer who would want his wife acting like that but then I don't live in BH. Just shows how badly Erika wants to be top dog. Never going to happen. LVP Rules....and always will.

ETA--Bambi for the WIN

• Love 15

I don't like Yolanda too much but the idea of her crying on camera--especially if it was over something that happened off camera and something that actually wounded her for real--makes me feel bad.

From the little Yolanda has let us see, I believe she has said that David has not changed but she has and it is not fair to him to be held back by her illness.  I am paraphrasing.  She has said she can't do the concerts because of the noise and Brandi has said that he deserves a companion in his "golden years" to travel the world and Yolanda can't keep up.  (I would think she needed to be home with her son, her sick son.)  At the time this filmed, I think it was sad because they had just closed on their Malibu house.  According to reports they actually went their separate ways and headed for a divorce in September.  Although they had not been living together for quite some time. 

• Love 8

I was robbed!! Where was the Erika Jayne/Andrea Bocelli duet!!!

At least Andrea wouldn't have been screaming "me eyes, my eyes" like the rest of us during it....

Yeah, I'll show myself out and take the express elevator to hell now.

• Love 19

Well, this won't be popular here but I think Eileen and Erika see Lisa V clearly - these two have good instincts and can see the game even when the player is good.

See this is what I think as well and although I don't assign such crazy villianese upon Lisa cause I do like her I think that they are correct to tread lightly and slowly when dealing with Lisa V cause that's what the shows about. Taking shit to seriously, being caught off guard and being set up, awkward conversation that are"innocently" brought up and they know Lisa V will throw someone else in front of that production driven bus very easily. I just think there's nothing wrong with keeping their eyes open and acknowledging that they are aware of how stealth she is.

Personally I don't agree with how strongly these women feel this way but they do and it's not just Erika so I don't see why she's so wrong when cast members old and new have drank the same kool aide way before she even got there. Erika has just chosen right off the bat to be on guard about it. I really don't see why that's a bad thing.

• Love 2

Here's the thing I've noticed - quite often the ladies have lunches, tête-à-tête's, meetings where they gossip about each other. I can remember very few LVP arranged gossip sessions. Mostly her segments are frolicking with Ken and the menagerie. Or some business dealings. Or possibly arranging flowers or standing in her amazing closet. She doesn't seem as invested in the gossip and taking sides as the others. So if my perception is correct - how can she be the Bobby Fischer of the group? Yes she has asked some shady questions that seem a bit needling or provocative but that seems to be he extent of it. I just get the impression that it all really isn't her scene and she keeps the group generally at arms length from her idyllic lifestyle. Is she capable of shady manipulation? Absolutely. Is she doing it? Just not sure?

I've noticed this too! Good point! Which is why I don't get it however this has been the standing perception since Kyle implied what she implied in the very first season when giving advice to Taylor... Hmmmmmm maybe everyone has completely overlooked to true master manipulator??? I know I've seen Kyle twist her mustache is a variety of situations since the first season and a side from some rocky backlash with regards to Kim she has never been the one targeted EVER... and yet have been a key player in a variety of the major conflicts amongst the women... Ever notice that? Bobby Fisher indeed....

• Love 3
Trooper York, on 02 Mar 2016 - 02:41 AM, said:

I totally understand why Kyle had Kim over. It was nostalgia.

You see when Bambi stole the potato it reminded her of all the times Kim would steal the sleeping pills off of Big Kathy's dresser.

Memories. Misty water colored memories of the way we were.

Ahh could have been. However, I thought she was reminiscing over that time that she STOLE KIM'S GODDAMN HOUSE! 

• Love 4

The way Yolanda was on the verge of tears at the dinner party makes me think that when David stopped at the apartment earlier that day, he told Yolanda it was really over.

Yup ! It's like she KNEW that it was the last "representation" of the "My Love and the Princess of the Lemon's Lyme" play... Yup, bitch, that game is over... Start a new one, but try, for once, of being a little bit more creative and less pitiful regarding your own self.

• Love 5

I'm fairly certain that Ave Maria is in the public domain and probably has been since before I was born even. A live performance wouldn't be protected under copyright. I think it was more a matter of Bravo totally misreading their audience or satirically mocking how Kyle seems to find a connection to Big Kathy every time David Foster brings in another "friend." Although, I wish she might have said something similar when they saw Erika Jayne perform. The true crime, I think, was accompanying Andrea Bocelli with an electric keyboard. What a shame!

Yes, that song is "public domain" but AB is not. LOL I meant that Bravo/production should have paid him to sing. LOL  Production inserted THs from not just Kyle but also from LisaR and Eileen when he was singing.

• Love 3
(edited)

I thought Kim was actually sober and so it wasn't unpleasant to me.  I thought Kyle was funny (not haha) as she is clearly jealous of Brandi's friendship with Kim.  I don't know why she is but she is. 

You see I noticed that. I thought it was very telling about how Kyle operates. They haven't spoken in whatever months and they are strained and one of the first things she has to bring up to Kim is Brandi's Twitter? You know what that really was? Here is how I transcribed that: "You see Kim, how you let your friend Brandi, who you know I don't like, hurt me by letting her shove her friendship with you in my face meanwhile she knows we are having problems and what she's doing? You know I'm not going to like seeing that considering we aren't talking and you let her do it anyway." Therefore making Kim's friendship with Brandi all about her and what other people should and shouldn't be doing because there are to always keep Kyle in mind before posting on Twitter or being friends.  I mean that hit me hard cause that's exactly what my EX sister in laws/ childhood friends used to do to me. I personally felt that was a pretty manipulative way to start the conversation and that's why they can never get passed stuff because they always start off with some stupid slight and this continuing pissing contest of who owes who what and who's more broken than who and who did the breaking. They are both the culprits along with a whole cast and crew of players so they just need to stop with the finger pointing (no pun intended lol) and get on with the freaking healing. And do it, OFF MY SCREEN!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4
(edited)

Bravo got that tiny horse barn and asked Mohamed to deliver it.   The effort was to show that Lisa is a close friend highlighting where her loyalty lies.  We know that, of course, but it was just some sprinkles on top of the ice cream for fun and a little stir in the already boiling pot.  

Clearly, Erika met Yo and David for the first time at the "come sing with Botticelli"  chat.  David would never have said that, had he known what her act was.  He was being polite I suppose.   Hysterical!   I loved it.  I am not convinced he had ever met Mr Erika Jayne either.  

Why didn't Erika just lie and say she has known Yo for 4 years?  If pressed further, we only socialized as a couple.  Done.  I don't understand her need for others to think they are more intimate.  She blew that by being evasive anyway. 

Loved the horses gambling across the yard.  They were let out of their fenced in paddock for that scene, obviously.  And, of course, Bambi stole the show.  So funny that none of their dogs are trained.  I want more dog antics!  

I FFed through Kim and Kyle.  Not interested.  Never go over the past; start fresh from today on, ALWAYS.  But not on this show, please do it on your own time. 

The rest of the show was a snooze for me.  

I like LisaVP; she is the queen of this show.  I love to watch the others walking on egg shells around her!  The most entertaining of the bunch, for sure.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 11

Personally I don't agree with how strongly these women feel this way but they do and it's not just Erika so I don't see why she's so wrong when cast members old and new have drank the same kool aide way before she even got there. Erika has just chosen right off the bat to be on guard about it. I really don't see why that's a bad thing.

I don't think it's a bad thing, per se.  And I think Kyle said it best when when she told Taylor that Lisa preys on the weak.  One can have plenty of light amusement with LVP -- and she can be a delight to watch onscreen.  But show any sign of weakness or vulnerability, she'll pounce on it and play it off as concern.  And if you try to stand up for yourself after the fact, she'll play the victim.  That's the part of her that I find tedious to watch.  If she were all pony and puppy capers, I'm sure I'd like her much more.  

• Love 6

Kim seemed pretty contrite, extended the olive branch, seemed ready to own her own stuff, and didn't say anything confrontational that I noticed. Didn't even seem to take offense when Kyle asked her some fairly aggressive questions about Brandi and why she felt she had to tweet every time she saw Kim. A huge improvement over the Kim from the last few seasons.

The best part of the Kyle/Kim scene was there weren't any bony, pointy fingers or weird, vein popping screechy faces!!  

• Love 7

Kim seemed pretty contrite, extended the olive branch, seemed ready to own her own stuff, and didn't say anything confrontational that I noticed. Didn't even seem to take offense when Kyle asked her some fairly aggressive questions about Brandi and why she felt she had to tweet every time she saw Kim. A huge improvement over the Kim from the last few seasons.

And why even introduce Brandi at all? Seriously? They have bigger fish to fry. To start it off with stupid petty shit is probably why they can never get to anything of substance with regards to their healing because depending on the mood her throwing that out there could have very easily sent the whole conversation down the wrong path right off the bat. Kim could have decided to answer another way, maybe by trying to defend her friendship with Brandi which of course would have launched Kyle into some dialogue about this that and the other. I mean to be honest I feel like Kyle baits Kim ALL THE TIME and I think Kim is the one that's always trying to find a way to not get caught up in the minefield Kyle sets up but that's just me.

In this case, do I believe that LVP (and probably Kyle) threw side-eye to Yolanda's illness?  OF COURSE THEY DID.  How could they not??!?  We're all doing it here!!  Did they not want to do it direct on camera?  OF COURSE THEY DIDN'T!!  I don't blame them in the slightest! But IF LVP suggested to Lisa Rinna that SHE could bring it up, and then tried to distance herself from the accusation on camera, claiming she would never say such a thing - THAT I have issues with.  (Camille voice) That's not cool.

BRAVO!!! You my friend deserve that slow clap!

• Love 3
(edited)

Definitely could be Lisa, but I think it's probably Kathryn. Lisa isn't the type of person that behaves in such a manner that gets her kicked out of things, that's what Ken is for, and Mr Girardi-Jayne wasn't pointing to Ken.

From the clip, it seemed like Kathryn to me, as well....Erika and Tom did not like it when Tom interrupted Kathryn and she barked back at him "Let me finish" (or whatever she said).  

But, with all the editing they do, who knows - guess we'll have to wait.

Either way, can I say I am now so sick of the "let's do a girl gang-up and take Lisa Vanderpump down" storylines?  This has been what - three different seasons where this has been the underlying storyline?

Each of these ladies can be and is manipulative, each one of these ladies can and does ask embarassing and pointed questions of the others, they all gossip about and throw out subtle digs and shade at each other.  That is their jobs!!!  Are they just mad at Lisa because she does it so much better than the rest?  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 16

Yea They all know Erika is lying and she is pissed because they are not letting her get away with "yo and I are friends from way back". They are forcing her to lie on camera and she doesn't like it.

Wish I could claim this quip but I found it on reddit re: Erika on the Bobby Fischer comment.

" oh yea, she studied this show like She was preparing for the SAT's"

• Love 14

He, AB, is known for that song but I agree, it was an odd choice for a bar/restaurant, private room or not. I just wished Bravo would have sprung for the cost so that we could hear him sing the song without any HW THs. LOL

Having seen David Foster's huge ego, I was surprised that Bocelli did not sing one of Foster's songs--or, can that only be done around the grand piano with the bazillion Grammy Awards displayed on it?

• Love 12
I know I've seen Kyle twist her mustache is a variety of situations since the first season and a side from some rocky backlash with regards to Kim she has never been the one targeted EVER...

Kyle has been the focus of completely major backlash and accused of masterminding everything from whatever the latest gossip is to Kim's entire problem with addiction. There are some recap sites that at least in the past have routinely based their entire reviews around "Mean Girl" Kyle and how she's just like the head cheerleader of everyone's school.

I mean that hit me hard cause that's exactly what my EX sister in laws/ childhood friends used to do to me.

Were you hanging out with someone that had a whole campaign to attack them and cause problems between you and them while enabling your sister who had a serious problem with addiction? Whether or not Kyle was wrong to bring up Brandi at this moment, she's absolutely right to keep an eye on whether Kim is still bffs with her. And she's right, Brandi is absolutely instragramming every time she's with Kim to make a point to Kyle. Just like she gives interviews saying that she went to a Hilton party and Kyle wasn't even there because she, Brandi, is the real sister now. Aside from this bugging Kyle personally, which of course it does, it most certainly shows that Kim is still neck deep in the same life she was in when she was last on the show.

The Brandi shit is not just petty and there was good reason to bring up that Kim is hanging out with her. If Brandi's the best signal to Kyle to keep her distance, that's good. 

• Love 23

Kim talks about other people getting involved in her and Kyle's relationship and then editing shows LisaR at the reunion. That doesn't work imo since Kim and LisaR had their own relationship drama. The only one who got in-between Kim & Kyle was bg and that is on Kim.

Kyle says that it feels like Kim hates her and then Kim starts talking about how she herself is unlovable...good way to twist it around to make it about you being unloved when that wasn't what was said.

Kim---STAY OFF THIS SHOW....go back to your other show. Better yet, go do that community service you are slacking off on (or go to jail)

Eileen---STFU

• Love 13

Kim:

Doesn't want to dredge up old things because they are "not healthy". Well, any decent therapy teaches addicts that they need to address past indiscretions in order to face up to them, take accountability, apologise to those they have wronged, etc before they can heal and become healthy, and have healthy relationships, again. Bullshit Kim.

Yolanda:

Kim:

Doesn't want to dredge up old things because they are "not healthy". Well, any decent therapy teaches addicts that they need to address past indiscretions in order to face up to them, take accountability, apologise to those they have wronged, etc before they can heal and become healthy, and have healthy relationships, again. Bullshit Kim.

I'm always curious. Why do we take these sort of approaches as gospel? I don't believe this is a blanket way to handle ALL addictions, ALL addicts, ALL families. etc. etc. I think this approach is tricky when the addict also has things they feel they need apologies for. I mean I hate this idea that an addict has to waive everything that's unresolved with them in order to make other people's issues with them more important to resolve before being able to get what they need to move forward. I find that a hard recipe to follow. There's obviously some hurt on both sides but it always seems that the first step is supposed to be Kim blanket apologizing before it's her turn to receive the apologies she's after.  Not to mention, there doesn't seem to be any promise that Kim will get the resolution she needs from these people but it is required she give them resolution by atoning. I get it I get it she's been bad but so have her sisters so I feel that a lot of Kim's push back has to do with this idea that she has ABSOLUTELY nothing to be upset about when in fact she does and all she gets is a bunch of 12 step generic check list jargon that isn't molded to her particular set of circumstances.  . I just think that for Kim to truly have a chance at healing it isn't a journey for only her alone. Yes her addiction is hers but the factors surrounding it isn't so there's no way to get a handle on her own demons when they are so intertwined with the unresolved demons of her sisters. If they don't do at least a portion of it together in order to address their demons with her then Kim can never truly vanquish hers own and finally move forward.

• Love 2

Either way, can I say I am now so sick of the "let's do a girl gang-up and take Lisa Vanderpump down" storylines?  This has been what - three different seasons where this has been the underlying storyline?

Yup. Three seasons. Soooo sick of it, too. Why does Lisa keep coming back? It's not for the money, she has plenty of that, so what is it? Famewhoredom? 

Yolanda-  jeez she hosts a lovely dinner at a nice venue with a jaw dropping surprise and still you show up in jeans (at least not the white ones) , a tee and a jacket. Everybody else looked great. Is is so exhausting for her to throw on a dress and do a little makeup and hair? We get it. You want everybody to think you look sick. She needs to start dressing for the occasions she keeps saying she is too tired to go to but manages to attend anyway.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Life in the Fast Lane, The Eagles

It's My Party, Lesley Gore

Tears of a Clown, Smokey and the Miracles

Piano Man, Billy Joel?

The Bitch is Back (Elton John)....as a subtle warning to the ladies that Yolanda's "Lyme brain" has now all cleared up??

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3
There's obviously some hurt on both sides but it always seems that the first step is supposed to be Kim blanket apologizing before it's her turn to receive the apologies she's after.

Kim's gotten tons of apologies. She had Kyle over a barrel for a large part of the second season after her sins in the limo fight.

It's important for Kim to apologize because it's symbolic of Kim's refusal to take responsibility for anything, to make herself a victim and to demand that everyone agree with her version of events--especially when it comes to her claiming she's not using anything, that her addiction has never interfered with her ability to function and that any bad choice she's ever made was forced on her by circumstances or other people. When people question her she finds friends who go along with all that like Brandi or before that Ken. She wants to keep going on the same way she's been going on only with a clean slate.

I forgot another great moment on this ep was Lisar saying "I want to send Kim a text for her birthday. Would that be weird?" And everyone saying, "Um...yeah?" Except for Harry Hamlin who encourages her to go with her gut.

• Love 12

Having seen David Foster's huge ego, I was surprised that Bocelli did not sing one of Foster's songs--or, can that only be done around the grand piano with the bazillion Grammy Awards displayed on it?

Botticelli is the only talent he could get and opera singers do not typically sing pop songs.  Inappropriate song and artist choice.  People in the music biz think everyone wants to listen to it all the time.  At a dinner party, I sure don't.  He is famous, we don't need a reminder.  

I will say that my heart goes out to him in his negotiating the mine field that is his divorce.  I bet he will never remarry. Yo might be the reason Mohamed is comfortable remaining engaged, too!  

• Love 3
(edited)

In case nobody noticed, Lisa Vanderpump is gracious and lovely to any friend that's richer than she is. She was buddy-buddy with Yolanda while she was still 'happily'' married to David Foster because David (despite his douchiness) is famous and rich. Once she got the head's up that there was trouble in their marriage she changed back into her authoritative, smug, obnoxious self. Notice the 'love' and warmth she showers on Mohamed. He can buy and sell Lisa and Ken ten times over. And what is up with his hair anyway? He could make exta $ by renting advertising space on that billboard of a forehead. 

25qc9e1_th.jpg

So, I really dislike Lisa Vanderpump, Lisa Rinna, and oh boy don't get me started on Kathryn. She doesn't care if people are saying good or bad things about her, as long as they're talking about her. She's a nasty, trouble-making woman. I thought Bravo had already scraped the bottom of the rich-bitch barrel but they managed to find Kathryn. I can't wait to see 'Mussolini' Girardi throw Kathryn out of his palace next week. I'll be watching and clapping my hands wildly. Lisa Rinna's daughter Amelia with the tonsil thing, is a rotten spoiled little girl. "Don't put your hands on my face", what a little disrespectful dingle-berry. And Lisa would rather have knives shoved under her fingernails rather than wait during a 20 minute tonsil yanking? These people don't know what real problems are.

Kyle likes to play both sides of the fence. She likes to have her little whispers with Lisa right at a table with the others, then gets all cry-face and 'poor little innocent me' when called out on it. I especially enjoyed them replaying the little physical fight with Brandi Glanville. Kyle was tossed away like a little mosquito. I could watch that loop over and over, so I will.  HA!

KyleBrandi.gif?resize=510%2C284

Eileen and Erika are the only two women with any brains. I'd would say Yolanda does too but I don't see Yo as lasting another season. She doesn't have her lemons or refrigerator or David anymore and I'll bet she misses the hell out of those lemons and refrigerator. I can't stand David Foster and read into something that was only implied but unsaid in Yolanda's remark to David about how he'll be outnumbered by the women and he'll enjoy that. (wink-wink). I think he's a philanderer and in the contest for the "2015 Grand Poobah of Nasty RIch Bastards" title

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 4

I've noticed this too! Good point! Which is why I don't get it however this has been the standing perception since Kyle implied what she implied in the very first season when giving advice to Taylor... Hmmmmmm maybe everyone has completely overlooked to true master manipulator??? I know I've seen Kyle twist her mustache is a variety of situations since the first season and a side from some rocky backlash with regards to Kim she has never been the one targeted EVER... and yet have been a key player in a variety of the major conflicts amongst the women... Ever notice that? Bobby Fisher indeed....

I don't think any of the ho'wives have ever been targeted as much as Kyle - on a variety of different things. LVP has been targeted as well, but it's always the same old thing - she is manipulative. Every single thing that has ever been thrown out against her involves the same theme (so I would imagine it is probably true).

At he S3 reunion, Kyle got pretty much everything thrown at her. She wanted her sister to fail (this theme has continued on - courtesy of Brandi), she was a liar (according to Yo because she said that Yo had been badmouthing LVP in Paris, even though Lisa later admitted that she knew Yo had been talking badly about her but took Yo's side at the reunion anyway), and she was only nice to people because she wanted to list their home. She had her integrity questioned time and time again, and those thing stuck, and continue to stick. Even though LVP apologized for the comment about securing friends for listings and admitted the friendship had been on-going for 10 years, there are all kinds of people who will always believe that Kyle and Mauricio have zero integrity in this arena. I always hear people talk about the horrible way everyone went after LVP in S4, but IMO it is nothing compared to the way Yo, Brandi and LVP went after Kyle in S3. The thing that made their attack so much more horrific in my mind is the way they were so gleeful about it, even through S4. They loved to sit around and mock Kyle, seeming to take great delight in the fact that they were the "winners". I never saw any glee in the others surrounding what happened to LVP in S4. 

• Love 11
Either way, can I say I am now so sick of the "let's do a girl gang-up and take Lisa Vanderpump down" storylines?  This has been what - three different seasons where this has been the underlying storyline?

Yup. Three seasons. Soooo sick of it, too. Why does Lisa keep coming back? It's not for the money, she has plenty of that, so what is it? Famewhoredom?

All these women are doing is making Lisa the star.  They're showing that 1) they are apparently incapable of being their own person if they allow themselves to be "manipulated" and 2) they have no story lines of their own.

I don't know why LVP comes back.  I generally think she's been over this show for a long time, but maybe the money is good and it brings in people to her restaurants, and sure, fame is fun.  LVP seems to have fun and likes fun, anyway.

• Love 11