Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Admit it. You Can't Stand The View.

stormygone
  • Start Topic

I really want to know why these hosts are considered Liberal. They are all for guns in classrooms... cause ya know... more guns is the answer. Just more pro killing. They were against bringing home the POW.... They have the stance be afraid of the terrorists..... Whoopi harps against taxes...... I mean really.... what Liberal cause do any of these "Liberal" host champion??

• Love 5

Last time the show did one of those must have things, one caught my eye, looked like a great discount, so I looked it up online and found the same or lower price.  Just a commercial - not a real segment.

I bet Bill Maher enjoyed his visit just a smidge more this time around.  I know I did and enjoyed the less interruptions.  I don't know how the carriage horses in NYC are cared for, but I liked how Bill sincerely listened to Whoopi when she told him that things had changed there from what he remembered.  Of course he's still against it, but he did listen to her.

The over-talking was horrid in not-hot-topics.

• Love 3

I agree with Whoopi that not every teacher should have a gun, if things were to go that route. Having the Department Heads be the only ones with guns makes more sense. Of course, the ideal would be getting gun restrictions so there would be less gun violence, but, since that clearly isn't going to happen, I can't say I'm against teachers having guns.

Can the panel remember any of the crazy teachers they had (they, their siblings, their children, their parents)?  There are some teachers who lost their tempers too easily..who simply "lost it."   I can see many teachers taking out their weapons to scare their little monsters--or try to make them behave.  I can also see a student pulling out a gun in retaliation.  Ah.....the magic of guns!

• Love 6

I got a kick out of Sherri asking why a bookkeeper should be able to carry a concealed gun at school along with the teachers. I suppose because they are in the admin section of a school rather than in a classroom where....the teachers are.

Guess what.....BW is returning Fri as a guest to promote her interview with Rogers, according to Huffintong  Post (media). The show will be taped Wed. Odd she is a guest and not guest co-host.

I don't know who the bald co-host was, but he's a big, brave man. Of course, just knowing that teachers have guns will be a deterrent to anything bad happening - except it might encourage a jittery kid to show his gun. Then there are two guns in the classroom (at least). One of the twits who tweeted said teachers should have proper training and psychological evaluations - sure, and then will they be graded on that training? What the heck would be on the test? 

Most teachers I know have plenty of spare time to get training in small arms fire (or whatever it's called) right after their mandatory psychological evaluations. But when will they have time for lesson plans, grading papers, or take advanced classes in their own field? 

• Love 4

Most teachers I know have plenty of spare time to get training in small arms fire (or whatever it's called) right after their mandatory psychological evaluations. But when will they have time for lesson plans, grading papers, or take advanced classes in their own field?

And who's going to pay for all that?  Not ME, Ms. Taxpayer.  Will they get raises afterward to compensate them for all that gun training?  I don't want my tax $$ to pay for gun-trained teachers, I want them to pay for better books and computers, and art, math ans science classes, etc. . . .

Geddie thinks audience is dying for a conservative Bitsy replacement.  Boy is he wrong.

• Love 4

If I were a teacher, there is no way I would want the responsibly of having a gun in the classroom. The whole idea seems crazy to me. I think it would cause more problems than it might solve.

Bethenny Frankel? Oh, please, no. If she's being considered as a co-host, it illustrates just  how clueless Geddie and TPTB are. Bethenny's show was cancelled for low ratings! No one likes her anymore, even her one time fan base. I've read that her books and products are no longer selling. She might have been "hot" a few years ago, but she is definitely on a downward trend. That certainly doesn't seem like a good choice for a new co-host. But, the decisions made on this show never makes any sense

Babs will be back already?  Just to pimp her upcoming interview, of course. Nothing ever changes...

• Love 1
(edited)

In an interesting move, Donnie will be co hosting today with Rick Fox.  Of COURSE I find out once I get to work.  But apparently something on the New Kids side of things is being announced in the near future so...meh. 

Edited by mtlchick

I can see some teacher get mad at his class and take their gun out and sit it on the desk just to make a point.... and because they will be a "trained" gun person that would not be illegal.... but quite irresponsible.... there are tons of reasons not to have guns in a school...... and not really any good ones

What do you call an institution with armed guards and security to enter the building??  A prison

They just smacked Bethenny in the face.... said she has not been approached and has not been offered the job...

• Love 3

Would it be mandatory for all teachers to have a gun in the classroom?  Does the gun stay with the teacher or the classroom?  Are the playground and lunch monitors going to have one strapped to their ankle?  It's so easy to say let's arm teachers but the logistics involved aren't as easily determined.  I personally think any guns in classrooms are ludicrous.  What happens if the teacher goes to the restroom and one of the students gets the gun?

Geddie thinks audience is dying for a conservative Bitsy replacement.  Boy is he wrong.

There is an ENTIRE faux news network devoted to having Bitsy clones.  Let viewers go there if that is who they want to see on their TV screens.  The View was so much better when there wasn't a political agenda being pushed down viewers throats.  I could tolerate it when Joy was there to balance all the right-wing garbage Elisabeth was spewing every day but without her (or someone to at least give a liberal or even moderate point of view) I can't stomach any Conservative Barbie doll regurgitating whatever the GOP daily talking points are.  It is a slap in the face to viewers who don't subscribe to Geddie's right-wing views to have to have it constantly put out there on the View every day.  Does ABC not do focus groups?  Surely a daytime talk show so heavily tilted to the right is NOT something viewers are clamoring for.  It's one thing to tune into the O'Reilly Factor or Hannity.  You know what you are getting. And the same can be said for the opposite POV.  If I'm watching Rachel Maddow it's because I have the same political views.  But the View wasn't and shouldn't be a political show pushing a specific political agenda.

• Love 6

We have to remember that ABC is run by a Right wing Corporation just like the rest of our media..... if you look at our news all we hear about are Right wing talking points with different spin.... it is craziness.

Another point.... they were talking about how out raged they are about Hillary Clinton talking about being broke...... Im not sure why I have more information then they do.... but Hillary Clinton was $5 million in debt after she ran for President..... to me... that is pretty broke

• Love 1

Medicine, what was being said?  I'm at work and I may end up watching it online tomorrow (while I try not to vomit.)  Donnie is a pretty smart guy, just don't ask him anything involving math.  

Sherri made a good point whey they were talking about video game players are now considered athletes. Sherri asked if engineers are considered athletes because they meet the critiria that is being associated with being an athlete.... the host just kinda ignored her question.... Honestly, I dont see how sitting on the couch makes you an athlete.

They just smacked Bethenny in the face.... said she has not been approached and has not been offered the job...

This is more believable, RogerFromOhio, but there have been many things that (mostly) Barbara outright denied to her audience that turned out to be true.

• Love 2

This is more believable, RogerFromOhio, but there have been many things that (mostly) Barbara outright denied to her audience that turned out to be true.

Very good point..... I suppose we have to realize that they will get some RWNJ that will allow Gettie to give taking points to her like he did with Elisabeth..... and those who say they are on the Left will continue to be stifled  *sigh*

Since I can't stand Bethenny Frankel, I found the surprising smackdown of her today pretty funny.

And, while I was never against the idea of a male co-host, I am now completely on Whoopi's side. Sherri and Jenny, if possible, act more idiotic when men are around.

Also, thank you as always Sherri for pointing out that the person who Twitter commented that it would be boring for their spouse to be an intellectual equal was a man. I believe she makes these under-the-radar comments (while smirking) to feel better about being a complete moron. Like that's worked out so well for her in the marriage department... (While I don't judge anyone on their marriage succcess or failure, I can't help seeing the humor in someone who is constantly putting down other women for doing things that aren't "traditionally" attractive to men--like being ambitious/intelligent/powerful, wearing "the pants," or making more money--failing in their own relationships.)

• Love 1

Medicine, what was being said?  I'm at work and I may end up watching it online tomorrow (while I try not to vomit.)  Donnie is a pretty smart guy, just don't ask him anything involving math.  

They were talking about Hillary saying she & Bill were broke when they left the White House & the others didn't believe they were actually "broke, broke".  It was said that they owed $5 million, so ....

• Love 1

Also, thank you as always Sherri for pointing out that the person who Twitter commented that it would be boring for their spouse to be an intellectual equal was a man. I believe she makes these under-the-radar comments (while smirking) to feel better about being a complete moron. Like that's worked out so well for her in the marriage department... (While I don't judge anyone on their marriage succcess or failure, I can't help seeing the humor in someone who is constantly putting down other women for doing things that aren't "traditionally" attractive to men--like being ambitious/intelligent/powerful, wearing "the pants," or making more money--failing in their own relationships.)

I always found it ironic that Sherri and Elisabeth both held "traditional" views on marriage.  They both thought the husband "ruled the roost" so to speak.  But they were both the bigger breadwinners in the marriage.  While Elisabeth's marriage seems to work Sherri's obviously do not.  I can't be the only one who sees a pattern here.  Sherri from the evidence we have seen of her talking about it on the View and her social media postings does the "wife" things while the husbands don't do shit.    She seems to have it in her head that a woman needs to "please" their man and blah blah blah.  If that worked for her I would say fine whatever, but clearly it doesn't.  IMO all her beliefs about women needing to put the man first makes her an easy target.

• Love 6

Rick Fox must have misunderstood something he read or heard...or he wants to make sure his non-athletic kid is considered an "athlete."  Did he actually say that colleges are giving "athletic scholarships" to kids with video-game skills?   Perhaps there's some term now--digital athlete--that might be eligible for scholarships, but certainly not from the athletic departments.   Kids with these incredible skills are being romanced by companies AND the military.  It only seems logical that scholarships would be available--but athletes?  I'm gonna take some mighty convincin'.      And...Rick Fox is much cuter without that white stubble.

Sherri was almost slidin' off her chair today because she was sitting between Donnie Wahlberg and Eric Fox (she did a little touching of Eric).  Could her grin be bigger?  And we all know that she has ALWAYS been a blockhead...but not the type with a capital letter...those who follow NKOTB.

• Love 2

susieq147 I know what you are saying about Sherri's persona and attitude about putting the man first.... but I have to be honest... I dont see it... I can not visualize Sherri being a docile woman in her household..... Im sure her Christian upbringing has something to do with her views on marriage but I doubt she practices what she preaches.... in many other things than just marriage

Roger I'm forming my opinions based on all the social media postings about how she always had to do everything around the house while Sal was playing poker or going to Hooters.  She also would give up her first class seat on planes for him.  When Sherri would be away working Sal would say he couldn't wait for her to get home. Not because he missed her but because he didn't like having to do household chores.  And of course there was that remark that Sherri made concerning about a wife dropping to her knees whenever a husband needed to be made to feel like a man or some shit like that.

I'm not saying Sherri is docile.  I just think she wants a man so badly she lets them get away with things that some women wouldn't.

• Love 8

I was a HS teacher and I cannot imagine having a gun on my person and being expected to: Control a class when there is chaos AND hunt down a suspected gunman.

Talk about competing priorities.  A teacher's sole responsibility is the welfare of the kids in their classroom.  I had to do it one time (not a shooting incident, but an explosion at a fireworks factory 3 miles away).  Believe me it was not all that easy to keep a group of teens in the room and reasonably calm when some kids were in the halls screaming, etc.  In that instance - a loud boom, with window glass cracking and floors shaking - would I have been expected to pull a gun and start looking for a shooter - and the hell with what was happening in the classroom itself???

Plus there is ample evidence that unless you have military or police training, it is much harder than we realize to properly analyze a situation and shoot accurately.  Target practice is one thing, a live situation with elevated adrenaline is something else entirely.

• Love 8

I am a teacher, and we NEVER leave the kids alone.  There is always a para or we call in someone or we just wait until someone can monitor the kids if we HAVE to leave the room. 

A teacher with a gun around kids is not the answer.  I don't know what is the answer. We do practice lockdowns, basically hiding out of range of windows and doors and waiting for help to come. We have phones in our room and can wear cell phones.  Otherwise, I don't know.

• Love 3

A teacher with a gun is not the answer. We ask a lot of our teachers now. We cannot expect them to make a decision to shoot someone under stressful situations. This is insanity and I can't believe it is being seriously considered anywhere.

• Love 3

We have to remember that ABC is run by a Right wing Corporation just like the rest of our media..... if you look at our news all we hear about are Right wing talking points with different spin.... it is craziness.

Another point.... they were talking about how out raged they are about Hillary Clinton talking about being broke...... Im not sure why I have more information then they do.... but Hillary Clinton was $5 million in debt after she ran for President..... to me... that is pretty broke

I agree that they didn't have enough info to discuss the topic.  Actually, I thought Hillary said she and Bill   were broke when they left the White House because of all the legal fees they owed.   They only started makiing money when Bill earned money through speakiing fees, book sales, etc. 

• Love 5

I am not a pure Jenny fan but, she does not deserve to be fired and Sherri allowed to stay. Jenny dresses like she is at work not a bar, she speaks with some knowledge base. IMNSHO Sherri is a pure embarrassment to women & mothers everywhere. If she was hired as the buffoon she has more than filled that job description & shown that the show does not NEED her "brand" of whatever "talent" she has...

• Love 11
(edited)

Of course there is always the possibility of Sherri being kept so whatever Republican Conservative Barbie Doll Geddie hires will look like Einstein sitting next to her.

I do think Jenny is being used as a scapegoat for the ratings decline and overall poor reviews for this past season.  It's much easier for the producers to point the blame at her than to acknowledge they are the ones responsible for the crap they televise five days a week.  I'm not sure the View could ever be what it once was but I sure as hell know it will not get better as long as Geddie is in charge.  His unrelenting pushing the conservative right wing agenda has IMO turned most viewers away from the View.  It's like the show has a split personality.  They will have people on like Bill O'Reilly and so-called experts on things like the Affordable Care Act who do nothing but bad mouth the Obama administration and then you will have those crap "What's Poppin" segments.  The entire show is just a mish mash of filler.  Every one in awhile they seem to have an A-list guest but from what I can tell by reading this board and looking at the guest line-ups every week it seems like the View is just airing whatever they can at 11 am Monday through Friday.  It just doesn't seem like anyone behind the scenes or in front of the camera is putting forth any effort to make a show that is worth watching.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 5

They are taking about the criminal whose mug shot went viral because he was "hot" and how did it go...... Sherri and Whoopi were taking his side doubting that the gun charges were actually real. Whoopi said.. it is Los Angeles where they find guns when there arent any.... The guy's mother said he was arrested because of how he looks, with his tattoos.... and Sherri picked up that rhetoric because she finds him so pretty.

Is this really how women think??

• Love 4

They are taking about the criminal whose mug shot went viral because he was "hot" and how did it go...... Sherri and Whoopi were taking his side doubting that the gun charges were actually real. Whoopi said.. it is Los Angeles where they find guns when there arent any.... The guy's mother said he was arrested because of how he looks, with his tattoos.... and Sherri picked up that rhetoric because she finds him so pretty.

No, Roger, that's not how "normal" women think!!

• Love 6

Roger, I would rather go for a root canal without the drugs then ever think like that. 

If you've seen memes of that guy after his arrest, it was a lucky shot.  I don't think he was that attractive to begin with.  

• Love 6

Seems to me Ted Bundy was attractive and he was most certainly guilty of the crimes he was accused of. 

Prisons are filled with attractive men who women are more than happy to correspond with and sometimes marry.  I wouldn't call these women "normal" but they do exist. 

• Love 5

It would be an absolute travesty if Jenny is let go before Sherri. Not that I would care if Jenny goes because she doesn't add anything and is occasionally annoying herself, but Sherri is a real leech. I'm guessing a reason they might have for keeping her is that, like Elisabeth, she's willing to do anything that's asked of her and she does have a good voice for promoting products (the only compliment I'll give her, and she only works there because she's reading a script).

I also have to point out that all the white women will have been given their pink slip (Elisabeth, Joy, Barbara, now Jenny). Not that I believe there's a racial bias or anything to it, but if 4 black women were let go in a row, I'm sure the media would be griping about it.

• Love 4

Just to be clear... I know most women dont think like that... this show brings out my sarcasm.

Ill tell ya another comment that drives me nuts..... they were talking about some guy sending a dick pic to his girlfriend and she got mad at him and  made it public..... I dont remember the names of the people involved.... they were so irrelevant that I couldnt find the story on google. (but I didnt look that hard).... anyway...... after the introduced the story, Sherri piped in.... why do these guys do this, women dont send out those kinds of pictures...... I almost fell out of my chair.... The difference is a photo of a naked women is not scandalous.... just ask Kim Kardashian ... Girls Gone Wild was made famous because women are willing to bare it all for public consumption...... Even the "men are cheaters" argument is crap.... most men who cheat, cheat with women

Im not defending men for doing stupid things..... but I really get annoyed about the one sided arguments that are being put out as fact.

• Love 2

Sherri picked up that rhetoric because she finds him so pretty.

Roger, please DO NOT equate what comes out of Sherri's pie hole as being an example of women at large. We think, we work, we either help provide or provide in full for our families without prostituting ourselves as Sherri does. Sherri's most heard expression is" I have to feed my son" but she cannot see that she could provide for her son & still have self respect by NOT doing every inane/insane creepy idea that Geddie dreams up....

Jenny posing nude in Playboy more than once----is that what women do, Sherri, rather than sending photo selfies?  Ask your best friend on the couch.\

Morons. Griping about how ex-presidents (and their families) are covered monetarily and securely after they leave office. They were the president at one time. People may have tried to kill them.  Lets check out some of the stupid ways money are spent in government, but that one I don't care about.

Sherri doesn't know why the felon has guns--she stated several times. Don't research much, those damn producers, do they?  Poor Sherri couldn't look up info before the show on those new fangled phone/computer thingies, could she?  AND WHY would she state what she doesn't know, rather than just talk about his looks?  Moron.  Both she and Jenny could go and should go quickly. 

Bill, even I knew that a tear drop could be for a gang brother who died, not necessarily one that was killed by the wearer of the tattoo. Stupid people on tv.  I guess it makes me feel superior, but then I remember that I watch this crap.   

• Love 4

I don't know what planet Sherri is living on but women do send nude selfies.  Does she not even pay attention to anything or anyone but herself?  You hear all the time about women who sent nude pics to some guy who then posted them elsewhere.  And also what about all the cases of child pornography being brought because of teens sending nude pics of themselves to each other?

• Love 3

So Sherri doesn't think that working in the fast food industry is meant to be a long-term job? Thank you Whoopi for pointing out that people who take these jobs NEED those jobs. They have families to support - that means put food on the table, Sherri - and the more hours they work, the longer they work, the better. How much more will a minimum wage raise add to a fast-food meal? Let's do some research, please. If it's another 10 cents, shut up, Sherri. 

And Bill Rancic thinks that a raise in the minimum wage will hurt new businesses and industry. I guess he doesn't realize that a few extra cents an hour will help people who are in extreme distress in this economy. Bill has made a career of being a slick operator. Would that everyone had his unique skill-set that keeps him on TV year after year with no discernible talent.

Why are these people giving their "wisdom" on economic, legal, or any serious subjects?

• Love 6

Wow, Cousin Amy, you hit the nail on the head.  There are people of all ages and situations that work in fast food service: retired people who need the income, single parents trying to get by on that pitiful hourly rate (and NO ONE gets forty hours), teachers who need a second job, and...if they're very very lucky, kids in high school and college.   Sherri is so enthralled with all the Christian "entertainers," perhaps she should spend some time in their ministries who help the homeless, who prepare and serve meals to the hungry...and TALK to them.  No...not that.  LISTEN to them, Sherri, truly listen!  

Cousin Amy's question bears repeating:

Why are these people giving their "wisdom" on economic, legal, or any serious subjects?

I don't know what planet Sherri is living on but women do send nude selfies.  Does she not even pay attention to anything or anyone but herself?  You hear all the time about women who sent nude pics to some guy who then posted them elsewhere.

SusieQ147, doesn't Sherri remember that she has told her audience (too many times) about all the photos she sent to guys in prison?  If "selfies" were around at that time, she would have sent those...and probably hundreds more than she did send because it's free and so much easier.  I wouldn't be against a small wager that there are some "inappropriate" photos of Sherri on someone's phone or computer.

.... anyway...... after the introduced the story, Sherri piped in.... why do these guys do this, women dont send out those kinds of pictures......

Sorry to keep writing and writing.   I think that during the (too many) times Sherri is desperate, horny, ovaries in overdrive, lonely, and just plain wanting any guy--she will accept those pictures and act (to the sender) like it's the best thing she's ever seen.  Someone should ask her if Sal ever sent her anything like that.  Would she sputter?  Would she bug out her eyes?  Would she just refuse to answer?

• Love 4