Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Admit it. You Can't Stand The View.

stormygone
  • Start Topic

Next week we return liiiiiiive!

Mo 7/7: Ethan Hawke, Patrick Adams, guest co-host Ana Ortiz

Tu 7/8: Dane Cook, Chris Colfer, Phillip Phillips, guest co-host Sunny Hostin

We 7/9: Leah Remini, Magic!, guest co-host Sunny Hostin

Th 7/10: Jane Lynch, Teresa Giudice, Dina Manzo, Melissa Gorga

Fr 7/11: Poppy Montgomery, Gilbert Gottfried

Of note: the lead singer of Magic! Is considered the person credited to help get New Kids on the Block back together. Expect a lot of "you know my fiancé !" Comments from Jenny.

• Love 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Babs is there along with Whoopi and a guest co-host every day. I'm still shocked they would have Sherri and Jenny back for five weeks after firing them.

Plus, as I've already said, that terse statement that The View released last week after the news broke was very cold and didn't even mention Sherri and Jenny. 

• Love 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Babs is there along with Whoopi and a guest co-host every day. I'm still shocked they would have Sherri and Jenny back for five weeks after firing them.

Plus, as I've already said, that terse statement that The View released last week after the news broke was very cold and didn't even mention Sherri and Jenny. 

I agree Lucky Bitch, but if I was Jenny & Sherri, I'd tell them to shove it (if it didn't cost me anything)!!!

• Love 2

I did record the first couple shows after the announcement of S&J leaving, hoping for something.

All the shows (since the news became public) were taped or reruns (today)

This upcoming week will have Sherri and Jenny's first live shows since the announcement

I missed the start of the show... was there any talk about the events of last week??

Yes. It started off by Jenny saying that all the rumors were NOT true, followed by the audience clapping. But then she said they were true (I really hate when she does the gotcha bit). She thanked Barbara and the view and said she had some news that would be announced in a few weeks. Then Sherri gave an extremely long speech that she read off the teleprompter about how she had decided to leave, and she's known since the spring but didn't want to take away from Barbara leaving. She thanked Barbara and the view, and her "sisters" (Elisabeth, Joy, Jenny). And told her whoopi how grateful she was for always giving her advice even when she didn't want to hear it. And she cried.

• Love 2

So if Sherri knew in the Spring I'm guessing Sal decided to cut and run.  Maybe Sherri told him with her income being cut they needed to downsize or hell maybe she even told him he needed to start pulling his weight.  Something definitely happened March/April though.

• Love 3

So if Sherri knew in the Spring I'm guessing Sal decided to cut and run.  Maybe Sherri told him with her income being cut they needed to downsize or hell maybe she even told him he needed to start pulling his weight.  Something definitely happened March/April though.

If Sherri is to be believed..... there has not been many factual departures from The View.... remember how they are all good friends and hang out after the show..... remember... the show is fake and scripted

• Love 3

Well, that was awkward. Couldn't Jenny be a little more gracious? She's pissed and throwing shade left and right. It was especially awkward with her giving her goodbye speech compared to Sherri's gracious and heartfelt speech.

That said- this was the best show this year. Jenny gives no effs and she is speaking up and giving a strong opinion - plus Whoopi is finally not talking over her. C'est La Vie.

• Love 2

I can understand Jenny being pissed -- after all, it is being portrayed in the media (for the most part) that she is solely responsible for the downfall of this show -- which is b.s. I think I would be having the same attitude . . 

• Love 10

Yeah I taped the show and just watched what I missed..... Jenny was so fake.... another instance that she is a poor actress.

Honestly I just dont know what to think about Sherri.... I doubt she is that good of an actress.... her statement seemed heartfelt, but her reasons didnt.

all that is left is speculation.

I can understand Jenny being pissed -- after all, it is being portrayed in the media (for the most part) that she is solely responsible for the downfall of this show -- which is b.s. I think I would be having the same attitude . . 

well she was a terrible addition to the show..... she really didnt add much..... she played her role poorly

• Love 4

Jenny owes the View nothing.  They hired her knowing full well the controversy it would cause. But ABC wanted to just ignore the elephant in the room and never address it.  And when ratings went south they decide it's because of her. Bullshit.  This show has been sliding downhill headed towards the cliff of irrelevancy for years.  Jenny isn't what is driving viewers away. It's the whole damn show.  From the co-hosts to the producers the View is in need of a complete revamping.  They should just cancel it and start fresh. 

• Love 15

I'd find Sherri's speech more touching if she hadn't, ya know, disowned an unborn baby over the weekend.  I wonder if they just let Jenny leave now after today's speech; as we all know BW can be very sensitive.

I admit I am crabby today, but I don't feel sorry for the The View crew losing their jobs.  It always seemed to me from the director, lighting, wardrobe, everyone involved seemed to be pretty terrible at their jobs.  They are lucky to have had a steady job this long.

I was hoping today would be BW, Whoopi, and Rosie hosting and announcing Rosie's return.

• Love 3

I can get why Jenny is upset because in some ways, she is a scapegoat for the ratings (even though the drop turned out to be minimal.)  In other ways though, I know people liked some stories she did with veterans so she SHOULD owe the show some thanks in how to be more polished (to an extent.)  Other than that, it was a place  to peddle her fiance (sigh!), her book and give her a "make over."  ABC may have ignored her vaccination stance on the show, but she still made comments about it through the year in interviews, in her column and after the #askjenny twitter fallout where she claimed it would make her Q score higher.  In the end, if the audience still isn't responding to her or thinks her "repositioning" of vaccines is misguided attempt to be more mainstream, I can't fully blame the show either.

Other than that, it was a place  to peddle her fiance (sigh!), her book and give her a "make over." 

... and pimp out her skeevy little dad.  Guess he'll have to go back to getting his own dates from now on.

• Love 5

It's very interesting that Sherri says she knew in the Spring that she wouldn't be renewing her contract. I wonder who made the decision to keep that quiet? I'm thinking Barbara. And honestly, who the heck would think such news would overshadow anything? What a bunch of swelled heads. 

• Love 3
(edited)

It's very interesting that Sherri says she knew in the Spring that she wouldn't be renewing her contract. I wonder who made the decision to keep that quiet? I'm thinking Barbara. And honestly, who the heck would think such news would overshadow anything? What a bunch of swelled heads. 

I don't believe Sherri knew anything more than it was a possibility (as it always was when contracts are up for renewal) and here's why:  If Sherri already planned to leave ABC would have let her announce it herself on the show instead of panic tweeting an hour after the meeting, terrified the word would get out.  Her tweets were the Twitter equivalent of Star's abrupt farewell speech.  I completely believe they brought the hammer down on a Thursday afternoon before a holiday week off - something that would have been unnecessary  if Sherri had "known since the spring."   And If this decision was made in the spring, I don't think Babs would have told Sherri (and Jenny) that they will be there next season, lol. 

Jenny on the other hand didn't even bother pretending she "already knew" although she act like she quit: "I already got a better job" and mentioned it would compete with The View.  Whateves Jenny. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

"I already got a better job" and mentioned it would compete with The View.

I can't imagine it would be on the Big Four networks as that takes a long time to develop and sell across the country.  So it's either cable or on line. I have this strange sense she may go back to VH1 but to co host Big Morning Buzz with Nick Lachey when it returns (or even does it solo.)  It's on at 10 AM Eastern but they could extend it to two hours or push it back an hour.  Can do what she wants on the show (within reason), stays in Manhattan...

• Love 1

Someone should interview Sal.  He's probably up for some media attention about now.   Here's a question:

Sal, did you know last spring that Sherri's contract was not going to be--oops, did you know last spring that Sherri did not intend to renew her contract on The View?

• Love 4
(edited)

I can't imagine it would be on the Big Four networks as that takes a long time to develop and sell across the country.  So it's either cable or on line. I have this strange sense she may go back to VH1 but to co host Big Morning Buzz with Nick Lachey when it returns (or even does it solo.)  It's on at 10 AM Eastern but they could extend it to two hours or push it back an hour.  Can do what she wants on the show (within reason), stays in Manhattan...

That's  a good guess @mtlchick  - I was thinking something along the lines of a webcast but she does have a history with VH1.  In fact McCarthy must have a lot of connections because she keeps working  despite her complete lack of talent (in my opinion) and she will most likely keep turning up onscreen until her looks finally fade.   I mean this is a woman with TWO The Jenny McCarthy Show credits almost 15 years apart. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

It was in March last year that the rumors about Elisabeth started circulating so I do believe Sherri knew in the Spring.  Jenny maybe not.  I think  ABC wanted to see if anything changed and it didn't so they cut her loose.

Today showed what a mean girl Jenny is capable of being.  Man, the anger was just bubbling out of her.  First, "We're staying, the rumors aren't true!" -- then a smirk while the audience roared and (God help us) gave a standing ovation.  That was the first middle finger to The Powers That Be ("see how beloved we are").  Then, her announcement that she already has something to do.  Then the next middle finger, "I will be able to do what I do best, which is not talk over other people talking."  And the final, "Watch me, because whatever I'll be doing is competing with The View."

May have made her feel better, but it was angry (no matter how big her fake smile was) and a big F-U to Barbara and Bill.  Not that they don't deserve it, but I thought it made Jenny look petty.  I fear she's going to be spending the next three years making bank on dissing the show, which it deserves, but it's an ugly career move.

Now, Sherri... she was talking from her heart.  I don't think she left of her own accord, but she was gracious enough to thank the people who made her a household name.  She really was brought up from obscurity (not true in Jenny's case, which was basically stunt-casting) and made a point of saying that.  I think she meant what she said and it was a nice way to go out, no matter how she really feels about the circumstances of her leaving.

It's so funny that I've been annoyed by Sherri this year, and have been neutral on Jenny, but find myself applauding the way Sherri made her announcement and having a bad taste in my mouth over how Jenny did it.

• Love 10

1. Oh my word Susieq147, you have coined the perfect epithet to describe The View for evermore:

the show that "has been sliding downhill headed towords the cliff of irrelevancy for years".

If only there was some way to have that phrase follow every time The View was mentioned in the media!

2. I taped and watched todays live show to see show the departures would be addressed. Sounds like both jenny and sherri explained their exits the way they wanted. Sherri did make a plug for being on a Dancing with the Stars All Star show - good, quick money for her! Sorry to see the weight creeping back on her. Good for sherri for not mentioning her personal issues off the show. I am fascinated about the legalities of her and sal's responsibilities for signing a contract with a surrogate using his sperm and another woman's egg and responsibilities for the baby, but hopefully TMZ, etc. will satisfy that need!

3. I like Ana Ortiz!

When Jennie made the announcement that she and Sherri weren't really leaving the View, I got a sick feeliing in the pit of my stomach!  Thankfully she followed it up with the truth!!!!!   Also, I didn't think what she said was so terrible.  She was  on the show for less than  a year and her contract was probably only for a year so she hadn't become so entrenched on the show.

• Love 2

Today showed what a mean girl Jenny is capable of being.  Man, the anger was just bubbling out of her.  First, "We're staying, the rumors aren't true!" -- then a smirk while the audience roared and (God help us) gave a standing ovation.  That was the first middle finger to The Powers That Be ("see how beloved we are").  Then, her announcement that she already has something to do.  Then the next middle finger, "I will be able to do what I do best, which is not talk over other people talking."  And the final, "Watch me, because whatever I'll be doing is competing with The View."

I guess we will find out tomorrow if The Powers That Be are mad with Jenny (by firing her immediately that they did with Star Jones).

She was fired from the show and I think she is right to be upset (especially considering she has been blamed for a decline in ratings). Was it classy to have added those remarks? No (and I really hate the fake out at the beginning). But the View seemed to have leaked that her and Sherri were both being fired (not renewing their contracts) - so most people were probably aware that saying "Oh, I have decided to do something better" would have been a lie.

The View has a habit of firing co hosts and then letting them save face by letting the co hosts announce that they "have found something else to do". It backfired with Star because she decided not to play by their standards and make her announcement when they wanted her too (not sure what the big deal was about announcing it a couple of days early was) and she called them out in People for firing her (instead of lying to her viewers).

• Love 3

It's so funny™ that I've been annoyed by Sherri this year, and have been neutral on Jenny, but find myself applauding the way Sherri made her announcement and having a bad taste in my mouth over how Jenny did it.

Maybe Sherri is FINALLY listening to people who are trying to help her.

Finally watching this and Jenny's comment about "competing against the show" had the audience in "ooooh" mode. Not sure if that was supposed to be a Saved By the Bell moment or a "did she just pull that shit?" Move. She seems relieved in going.

(edited)

I'd watch everyday if Palin was on just to watch her personally self destruct and help along the Republican party's seemingly eagerness to alienate everyone and lose elections.  She obviously wants an offer, but I doubt ABC would put up with her demands.  I really think Rosie will return, and Palin would never co-host with her anyways.  I think Palin just wants to remind us that she is alive and noticed The View drama gets a lot of blogs talking.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 3
(edited)

Pleeze, pleeze, pleeze...a match made in heaven: Rosie O'Donnell and Sarah Palin.  Does Katie Couric need a job?  This combination might make people think twice and actually want her on the panel.   In case there are complaints that too many liberals are featured...or the demographic isn't young enough, let's add some Meghan McCain!

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 4

I hear everyone recently got canned from The View, maybe a show like that needs a punch of reality and a voice of reason from America’s heartland to knock some humble sense into their scripts. You know, someone willing to go rogue.”

This is what Sarah Palin says.  She never appeared as a guest but she wants to be co-host?  And  I love how she uses the word "scripts". 

• Love 1

I'm really curious to know why the departures weren't announced right before the summer break, instead of now with weeks to go before hiatus.  I think it's going to be uncomfortably awkward for the guests (and the audience) to watch Jenny and Sherri pretend that everything is just fine.  If TPTB leaked the news, what would be their point in doing so, particularly at this point in time?

• Love 3

I'm really curious to know why the departures weren't announced right before the summer break, instead of now with weeks to go before hiatus.  I think it's going to be uncomfortably awkward for the guests (and the audience) to watch Jenny and Sherri pretend that everything is just fine.  If TPTB leaked the news, what would be their point in doing so, particularly at this point in time?

I think the staff of The View loves to talk.  Every article has an anonymous source from The View, and the intel usually turns out to be right, so they probably knew they had to get in front of the story.  They must have a great work morale if everyone is constantly yapping to the media about the backstage drama.

• Love 4

It doesn't make alot of sense to me either @LoveIsJoy.  

While I do think TPTB  certainly "leaked" Babs retirement while she was out of the country and her publicist was out of town I'm not so sure about this one - like @Morbs said, apparently this crew likes to talk.  My guess would be other people (like the hair and makeup people) were pissed to find out their Spew gig was up too  (since Whoopi simply wakes, bakes and rolls into the studio) and talked.  I think Jenny alluded to some "crew members" who would be losing this gig as well, to which I say if it was the hair and makeup people or the "production staff" then good riddance. 

If Sherri and Jenny hadn't jumped on Twitter 20 minutes after getting the ax - they probably could have waited announced it either today or at the end of the season and it would just be "a rumor" until then; the way Bitsy's imminent demise was until she found another gig and announced it herself.

• Love 3

May have made her feel better, but it was angry (no matter how big her fake smile was) and a big F-U to Barbara and Bill.  Not that they don't deserve it, but I thought it made Jenny look petty.  I fear she's going to be spending the next three years making bank on dissing the show, which it deserves, but it's an ugly career move.

Now, Sherri... she was talking from her heart.  I don't think she left of her own accord, but she was gracious enough to thank the people who made her a household name.  She really was brought up from obscurity (not true in Jenny's case, which was basically stunt-casting) and made a point of saying that.  I think she meant what she said and it was a nice way to go out, no matter how she really feels about the circumstances of her leaving.

It's so funny that I've been annoyed by Sherri this year, and have been neutral on Jenny, but find myself applauding the way Sherri made her announcement and having a bad taste in my mouth over how Jenny did it.

Great post ChicagoCita..... well said

• Love 4

Is Jenny implying that she has her own talk show lined up? If people didn't tune in to see her on the View, why would they tune in to see her hosting her own show? She can disappear from my screen anytime now. 

Also, Sherri's "gracious speech" was written on her teleprompter! In the middle of her rant, she said, "Keep going" twice, then mentioned the teleprompter. Not so much directly from her heart, after all! 

• Love 6

Is Jenny implying that she has her own talk show lined up? If people didn't tune in to see her on the View, why would they tune in to see her hosting her own show? She can disappear from my screen anytime now. 

Also, Sherri's "gracious speech" was written on her teleprompter! In the middle of her rant, she said, "Keep going" twice, then mentioned the teleprompter. Not so much directly from her heart, after all! 

To be fair..... she did say her speech was put on the teleprompter because "she is a crier"... Im assuming they slowed down or stopped the teleprompter when she started tearing up..... It really did seem that what she had to say was genuine to me.... but I do doubt her "wanting" to leave

• Love 5
(edited)

Jenny's fake-out was stupid, but I did enjoy her baring her fangs and getting her bitch on.

Sherri definitely connects to the audience, and that was what she was doing in her remarks.  I think she is usually ill-informed and somewhat gross, but her approach today is why people like her, she seemed genuine (for her).  Hopefully hair and wardrobe did get fired, because that clip of her is going to be all over the internet and she looked like she just got out of the shower and threw on a tube dress to lounge around the house.  They couldn't have done a better job on this day, of all?

The whole thing was mighty awkward for Whoopi, but she soldiered on, and Sherri even managed to thank her for having her back even when she didn't want her to (which we witnessed countless times).

Since they are staying on for the end of this season, I guess this means they will actually get a good-bye show, well, at least Sherri will and Jenny might get a few seconds.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 3