Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Admit it. You Can't Stand The View.

stormygone
  • Start Topic

I  thouht Abby Huntsman was a breath of fresh air for a Republican and she did great.  Her father is actually a liberal conservative and my feeling is that she is also if, indeed, she is actually a Republican.  She would be a  great choice.  She sounded intelligent and open-minded.

I thought Margaret Hoover seemed great, too, and I preferred her to Huntsman. But I'm guessing they always seem that way before they're cast, and then we see the true face behind the mask.

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought Margaret Hoover seemed great, too, and I preferred her to Huntsman. But I'm guessing they always seem that way before they're cast, and then we see the true face behind the mask.

My impression of Abby was that, although she seemed to make sense when she spoke, her "posing" left me cold!! (Reminded me of how Hasselblech used to "place" her legs & twist her body in, what she thought, were flattering positions.) Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 1

Jenny drove me crazy this morning during the Bergdahl.....it is a very complicated situation, imo, and rumors are flying, it will take time to sort things out.....yet Jenny is yelling pick one, pick one, pick one!

And then Sherri throws Monica Lewinski into the conversation about what to do about Bergdahl? WTH?

The whole kicker, if I got it right, later in the show Sherri said she can have opinions about others but her business is her business and no one has a right to have an opinion regarding her business. Did I miss something?

I love Bevy Smith.  I watch her on Fashion Queens all the time.  I like the way she gave her opinion without shouting or interrupting.

Whoopi tried to shut Sherri down in the conversation about cheating.  Surely Big Sal couldn't have found someone to have sex with him besides Sherri.

Jenny drove me crazy during the Bergdahl conversation also.  Pick one, really?  We don't leave our soldiers behind and we can still fight terrorism.  If he deserves to be punished, the military will take care of that. 

• Love 3

Bevy Smith was great today. I hope they invite her back as guest host in future. I wouldn't mind if they replaced Sherri with her to be honest. 

Completely agree. I've seen her on Fashion Queens, too, but I was worried she would be off on this show. I thought she did great and one of the only guest hosts this season I've liked. Maybe they are going to replace Sherri? Probably just hopeful wishing.

• Love 1

(Hello former TWOPers!). I have never heard of Bevy Smith but she wasn't bad today. Well spoken when talking about herself, but then almost silent on discussing the soldier trade issue. Wonder if over time she'd develop an imperious Star Jones attitude...would love to trade her for Sherri and find out.

My opinion of Jenny went down a notch today. She way oversimplified the hostage swap thing...it's a complex issue....her statement "why go to war of we just give hostages back" was ridiculous.

Surprised to read above that star jones will be a guest co- host....gag....

• Love 1

Interesting clip, haven't watched yesterday's show yet. In it Sherri says it's not anyone else's business what other people decide to do about a cheating spouse, or something like that. She should have added , unless you are getting paid to talk about other people's business.

I have to say, her wig (?) did not look good at all. She should have stayed with the bun. is one looked like it was going to fall off, to me.

Who was  guest co-host?

I wasn't sure if Sherri was going to talke about Jeff, Sr. or Sal with her using "we" referring to cheated on wives, but, bless her heart, Whoopi is still trying to protect her.

Laughed again yesterday how Sherri was overtalked and cut off so many times, but she did make sure everybody knew she is selling the house.

I must say that whoever dressed Sherri, maybe the co-host, did an excellent job.  The skirt and top is the best she's looked in a long time. (I'm ignoring the hair and shoes.)  So now Zumba gets no credit, only Rocco.  Ok, then.

Whoopi does have that annoying speaks-for-everyone deal, but I really wished she had asked Jenny if we were going to keep the prisoners forever with no trial, etc.  At least she stressed that we have Bergdahl now and can do what needs to be done with him.  If he didn't have some breakdown, he did desert his unit which resulted in danger and deaths.

Oh please!!! If Jonah had said that "other word".. The hell out of here. I hate the hypocrisy with this PC bullcrap. 

I find it interesting when celebs(or anyone really) are so quick to stand up and excuse and forgive the use of the F-word but Justin Bieber and Donald Sterling are being read to filth, with the latter loosing his job, over the use of the N-Word. It's a double-standard that I can't stand. Both words are appalling though I will at least give Jonah Hill credit for owning up to what he did and apologizing without having a publicist write it out for him(Bieber).

Whoopi is always dressed like she just rolled out of bed and put on whatever she could find in her pile of dirty laundry. It amuses me to no end. It really does. What were those shoes she was wearing?

I like the way Whoopi dresses.  Since she has lost weight, the clothes no longer look so overwhelming.

But I see a consistent pattern from her and her clothes are very expensive - you can tell by the fabric and the way they drape.  She was trying, in the manner of every formerly thinish person, to mask a significant weight gain.

However, she has never been one to wear skin tight clothes or adhere to the skeletal body type of many celebrities/stars.  She has always seemed to me to be comfortable in her skin and not willing to show the body off to get respect.  She has talent to beat the band and I assume she took a long hard look and didn't like the weight.

Frankly, as a woman of a certain age, I would love to know what diet plan she followed and how long it took.  In "live episodes" she has clearly lost weight and looks great.

• Love 2

While I can appreciate that Whoopi has her own "style" I think she dresses lazily.  I understand she probably wants to be comfortable but come on, you are a talk show host on a network daytime show.  Most days she looks like a bag lady.  No offense to bag ladies of course.

Sherri dresses wrong for her age and her body shape.  I am Sherri's age and although I am taller and thinner than Sherri I would still never ever wear those short shorts she wore.  And just because she has ginormous breasts she does NOT need to wear what looks like sausage casing. 

• Love 2

Roseanne really knows when to dial down her crazy. Liked her today, and her sitcom was one of my favorites. Woman is a complete and utter nutter now though. I know she's always been crazy, but, she is off the rails now. Just check her Twitter.. My GAD!

• Love 1

Totally agree about Roseanne. She livened up the panel today.

Tyne Daley is always a treat.

I posted in the Sherri thread about her saying she was all about the prenup. We know you are, gurrl. We know you are.

I loved seeing Tyne Daly today. It's been awhile since I had seen her anything and she looked absolutely amazing. I thought Roseanne did a good job of co-hosting. I was expecting her to be really loud but she wasn't. She was calm and really polite and seemed to have great respect for the guests (especially Tyne). It seems like when the guests are around they don't do as much talking over each other as they do in the hot topics. I wish they'd spend more time with their guests though. I think Tyne was only on for about 8 minutes which didn't seem to be an adequate amount of time.

So Sherri is subtly letting us know that yes she did have a prenup when she married Sal?  Big deal.  IMO all that means is she rented him for an agreed upon  price for a specific amount of time.  Unless he walks away with what he brought to the marriage then that to me is what happened. 

• Love 2

OMG, I watched yesterday's show when the son and mother came out.  I swear, I could not believe my eyes even though I saw the post about her dry humping the son.  The first part was totally thrusting like sex, then at the end she went into a twerk type thing.  Brain bleach moment - that was sick.

• Love 2

I agree, the selfies are just plain stupid...even Robert DeNiro?   Just no.  

Now I realize that BaWa was so adamant about Whoopi staying on the Spew because otherwise they would not get any A or B listers. Whoopi has ALOT of famous friends.  Even so, there has to be a limit to the idiocy these stars are subjected to. 

LOVE Tyne Daly!  She looks excellent.  Classy broad. 

I like Roseanne, but she has NO filter for giving too much information.  However, I think she should have a LONG talk with Sherri about being taken advantage of by leech-husbands.  Take a lesson, Sherri, you're looking at your future if you still need a huzzbin.

• Love 1
Sherri dresses wrong for her age and her body shape.  I am Sherri's age and although I am taller and thinner than Sherri I would still never ever wear those short shorts she wore.  And just because she has ginormous breasts she does NOT need to wear what looks like sausage casing.

SussieQ147,  for some reason (advice of her attorneys?) Sherri's recent tops look like they've been pinned to eliminate cleavage (not her look pre-separation). I've decided she might as well enjoy all her inappropriate outfits.  Just as she'd be happy to have "old friends" from jail post the photos she sent when she was 24 (because she looked gooooood), she'll probably be happy to have pictures of herself before she gained back her lost weight.  I don't think she can keep up the diet and exercise "programs" she currently observes.  If she can, good for her.

(edited)

marieinc, it was Sherri thrusting into the son!  Seriously unbelievable.

Yes, Sherri was pretending to be over-the-top excited, but she wasn't "dry-humping" the young man!!!! Edited by Medicine Crow

I actually liked the show today - Whoopi was very involved, Roseanne, DeNiro, Tyne - what's not to like..... and the topics elevated.

Those mentioned above are very involved in NYC and the arts. SS and JM, not at all.

Well, perhaps not Roseanne in NYC and the arts - but she does have a brain and has constantly grown. After all, she lives in Hawaii for the most part. And is aware of more important things than SS and JM.

• Love 2

I noticed today that Sherri appeared to have toned down her increasingly constant and annoying Aunt Jemima act with Star around and tried to sound as articulate as possible. Still didn't work!

• Love 3

The song included everyone's names, including BaWa's!

That's why I thought it was a silly choice in the first place!

I was thinking  perhaps they would have to pay for it after a certain time. This  show is pretty cheap.

(edited)

I really, really enjoyed Roseanne as co-host.  She has come a long way to Hawaiian macadamian nut farmer.  Actually, I think it was the best show in ages.

They truly are messing with Sherri or she's assuming stuff and adding to the question, like asking De Niro about reading his father's diary, which he hadn't.  I totally understand his answer.

Then I started watching Sherri going through all her blue cards and apparently listening to the voice in her ear, which was distracting.  Meanwhile, Roseanne is sitting with the cards on her leg with her arm over them and makes her meandering comment/question.  Then Sherri takes the cards and puts them under her leg/butt.  The whole thing made me laugh.

So glad none of the hosts were BaWa because you just know she'd have got in that Robert's father was gay whether she was told not to or not.

Tyne Daly was great, and what lovely white hair she has.  I hadn't seen her in ages either.

Here's hoping that Sherri really saw her side view in those shorts when she's sitting down.

Jenny did an excellent job in that fantastic segment with the man who was saved but lost his legs, the man who saved him, and the one in the audience.  Very real.

I don't see how people could confuse Sherri and Star unless it's the all blacks look alike thing.  But even then, the only similarity there has ever been is that they have both been fat black women who wear wigs.  Weird.   

Edited by CattyTiger
  • Love 1

Star has gained some weight back.  I noticed it before also when they brought out all the journalists (and Bitsy) when Baba was leaving.  Also, her eyebrows are in the middle of her forehead.....kind of strange.

However, Star acted gracefully and calmly ---such a change from Sherri's jiggling and dancing and mugging (big eyes, neck toss, etc.) 

Did anyone else notice Whoopi giving the side eye to the audience on Friday during Sherri's talk? Like she can't understand what the hell Sherri is talking about.  Good to see she might support Sherri (sometimes) but doesn't have to "suffer fools gladly."

Prayers for Tracy. 

• Love 4

I think it's hilarious that all the guest co-hosts this week were more interesting than the regular co-hosts. I was surprised Roseanne worked as well as she did. I thought she could have easily ended up like Whoopi in the over-talking everyone area, even though I've always liked her. Instead she was calm, funny, and charming. She kept twitching and blinking a lot though, but I remember she did that occasionally on her sitcom, too, so it's just a quirk of hers, I guess.

Sherri's dress was wrong, wrong, wrong for her body. Made her boobs look saggy and the rest of her out of proportion.  I think Sherri was (again) subdued due to the grace of the co-host who looked really good and spoke intelligently. 

It was kind of ironic though that the cohost created the Love and Hiphop show, (right?) which Sherri (of all people) decried as being too violent,  yet the cohost wants to know details about her child's sex ed in school, even though she puts sex/violent crap on tv that anyone can watch, even kids. Jenni too with her Playboy past.  They both added to the spread of sex issues/pictures in the media, and now they want to rein it in when THEIR kids are concerned.  Hypocrites.

• Love 5
(edited)

which Sherri (of all people) decried as being too violent,

It seemed to me, in that conversation, Sherri took on Barbara's role of putting down a guest co-host.

Edited by ginger90

Whoopi made the point that the Tony award nominees appeared on the Spew FIRST, which I disagree with.  I have seen most of them on most of the talk show rounds (with much better conversation) than the Spew.  I  get the feeling that Whoopi puts stuff out there (like the Spew is ALWAYS live) to try to boost the Spew's credibiility. Good luck.

• Love 2

Sherry is  a real bore and I can't stand even watcing here but she is the one that the show seems to really focus on. I dont care about her divorce or her kid-- she needs to just leave,

Interesting clip, haven't watched yesterday's show yet. In it Sherri says it's not anyone else's business what other people decide to do about a cheating spouse, or something like that. She should have added , unless you are getting paid to talk about other people's business.

I have to say, her wig (?) did not look good at all. She should have stayed with the bun. is one looked like it was going to fall off, to me.

Who was  guest co-host?

I also think that Whoopie dresses like crap!

• Love 1

I didn't think it was possible but the cross-talk today was worse than normal.

Sherri just would not shut up.

Well, if that's what you think, check out the first segment of today's show.  Sherri, Jenny, Sherri, Jenny -- for GAWD's sake -- show a little decorum!!   And now Sherri is sorry for what she said about Monica Lewinsky.  What???