Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Admit it. You Can't Stand The View.

stormygone
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Shallow comment alert !

I can't believe I really enjoyed New Edition!  I tuned in to see if SufferingToriTelling would mention anything about her marriage and enjoyed New Edition more!  Could have done without all drooling Sherri did and Bill Rancic is pretty good on the eyes, but shut up.

Edited by Lablover27

I never noticed Tori Spellings' baby voice before.....arrested development?  Also, her bony legs and arms were ridiculous.  So creative, she is, to come up with a show on television.  Wow, I'm impressed. Not.

• Love 2

Whoopi speaks with such authority on every damned thing. She needs to be corrected re Pretty Boy Floyd's mug shot: he's not from LA. I'm sad to say he's from Stockton, CA. He was arrested in Stockton, CA and his mugshot was taken in Stockton, CA. It's a disgrace this loser is getting so much publicity and I think it's reprehensible that Whoopi would imply that the police planted the weapons on him or in the car. Guilty? Yeah, I think so.

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't watch the show anymore but from reading here it sure seems like Bill Rancic has been  a frequent guest co-host recently. Is he really auditioning for this job? His wife has to be based in LA for E News, right?

Edited by LuckyBitch

I was actually concerned a little about Sherri at the beginning of the show - she was acting as crazy as when Clinton Kelly was on.

I am totally not understanding women in their 40's acting like many young women in their later teens and early 20's......like SS, JM, and today Tori. OMG Tori, little girl voice dressed like Barbie?

• Love 3
(edited)

Wow, Cousin Amy, you hit the nail on the head.  There are people of all ages and situations that work in fast food service: retired people who need the income, single parents trying to get by on that pitiful hourly rate (and NO ONE gets forty hours), teachers who need a second job, and...if they're very very lucky, kids in high school and college. 

Or teachers trying to get their first job because the number of job openings are shrinking, retired teachers with much more experience are coming out of retirement, and teachers who should retire refuse, all thanks to our economy. The ultimate degradation, especially when you hear TV personalities like rich, out-of-touch Sherri telling everybody about how “those” people don’t deserve a pay increase because they'll get better jobs, as if they exist.

But this is coming from the same people who mock children who are leaving their parents' households later in life as lazy leechers, when the simple fact is they can't support themselves on jobs that only pay $10,000 a year.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 6
I am proud to say that neither I nor my friends spoke in a baby voice in our teens or early 20's. What is going on?

Dr. Drew's theory about adult women who speak in baby voices have been sexually abused as children.  He determines what "age" the voice sounds like and then asks the person what happened to her at ________ years of age.   I've heard people ask why he doesn't ask that of men--maybe they don't speak in baby voices.

The hoopla over "Pretty Boy Floyd" (thank you Notmuchofacook) sickens me. The thinking that his looks have anything to do with his criminal behavior, or lack of (doubtful) astonishes me. What difference does it make that the suspect is "good looking" (and frankly, he leaves me cold). I could barely listen to them cackle and drool over this creep. Shallow, much? And falling all over themselves trying to make him out to be a victim. 'Cause, he just COULDN'T be bad now, could he? 'Cause he's pretty! Ugh.

Whoopi is a lazy moderator. Aside from the fact that she doesn't moderate, she bellows out her opinion and attempts to browbeat the others to fall in line. She clearly thinks her opinion is the only valid one. Lately she ends many topics with, "Well, this story will go on and on for a looonnnggg time, so we'll be discussing it again." Please come up with a better transition.

Actually, don't bother. I don't value the opinions of any of them.

• Love 2

And that is the most serious problem with the View today.  The three remaining permanent (for right now anyways) co-hosts don't have anything to say that I want to hear. 

• Love 3

This site has previewed Mystery Girls with Tori Spelling and panned it as 80s old jokes, cliched crap. Check it out on Features.

FormerNun, I heard that too from Dr. Drew about baby girl voices and arrested development, and given the prevalency of sexual abuse anywhere and everywhere (Corey Feldman, remember his rant?), I tend to believe it--even if it may be emotional abuse as well.  Maybe Tori's anorexia also. I feel sorry for her kids.

• Love 2

WHY  is this show, which was at one point  an intelligent look at news and culture  taking some thug's mugshot and putting it on fashion ads?  Then implying that he was arrested because the cops may have PLANTED guns on him?   Yea, the world is prejudiced AGAINST good-looking people, is that what these bimbos are trying to say?   The "Oh my god he's so hot!"  sickened me. 

And, am I mistaken, or didn't Sherri, not too many moons ago, say to BW that "everyone"  sends nudie selfies?  I recall her saying, even acting out, taking a photo of her boobs to send to Sal.  Yet, NOW, her attitude is "Who wants to see that?  why do men do that?"    REALLY?  Sherri, aren't there selfies of your boobs out there? 

What was weirdest to me was  the high-pitched SCREAMING about New Edition from the audience at the start  of the show.   Yeah, those teen and tween girls LOVE that band.   But who was SHREIKING?   because I saw some middle-aged women looking bored, and some 50+ women clapping and cheering on command.  And they all knew the song?   Yeah, the warm-up guy taught it to them so they could sing along.  Sherri's dancing was so over the top it was gross. 

• Love 2

The hoopla over "Pretty Boy Floyd" (thank you Notmuchofacook) sickens me. The thinking that his looks have anything to do with his criminal behavior, or lack of (doubtful) astonishes me. What difference does it make that the suspect is "good looking" (and frankly, he leaves me cold). I could barely listen to them cackle and drool over this creep. Shallow, much? And falling all over themselves trying to make him out to be a victim. 'Cause, he just COULDN'T be bad now, could he? 'Cause he's pretty! Ugh.

Whoopi is a lazy moderator. Aside from the fact that she doesn't moderate, she bellows out her opinion and attempts to browbeat the others to fall in line. She clearly thinks her opinion is the only valid one. Lately she ends many topics with, "Well, this story will go on and on for a looonnnggg time, so we'll be discussing it again." Please come up with a better transition.

It never fails to astonish me how much a person's physical appearance can color others' opinions of them. I personally think the mug shot guy is gorgeous, but I definitely don't think he's harmless or any kind of victim. His looks have probably given him to ability to better manipulate and charm others, to their detriment.

WHY  is this show, which was at one point  an intelligent look at news and culture  taking some thug's mugshot and putting it on fashion ads?  Then implying that he was arrested because the cops may have PLANTED guns on him?   Yea, the world is prejudiced AGAINST good-looking people, is that what these bimbos are trying to say?   The "Oh my god he's so hot!"  sickened me. 

And, am I mistaken, or didn't Sherri, not too many moons ago, say to BW that "everyone"  sends nudie selfies?  I recall her saying, even acting out, taking a photo of her boobs to send to Sal.  Yet, NOW, her attitude is "Who wants to see that?  why do men do that?"    REALLY?  Sherri, aren't there selfies of your boobs out there? 

What was weirdest to me was  the high-pitched SCREAMING about New Edition from the audience at the start  of the show.   Yeah, those teen and tween girls LOVE that band.   But who was SHREIKING?   because I saw some middle-aged women looking bored, and some 50+ women clapping and cheering on command.  And they all knew the song?   Yeah, the warm-up guy taught it to them so they could sing along.  Sherri's dancing was so over the top it was gross.

And wasn't Sherri forbidden to listen to heathen music and dance while growing up?

It never fails to astonish me how much a person's physical appearance can color others' opinions of them. I personally think the mug shot guy is gorgeous, but I definitely don't think he's harmless or any kind of victim. His looks have probably given him to ability to better manipulate and charm others, to their detriment.

REALLY?  Sherri, aren't there selfies of your boobs out there?

Honestly I think a lot of the selfies Sherri's posts on Twitter and instagram are tasteless. 

You are exactly right Dangerousmind.  He charmed the women of the View and he wasn't even in the same room with him.

IMHO, Whoopi has slowly turned into a Dictator, knower of all things & final opinion on everything.  I'm sick of it!! 

That B.S. story Sherri told this morning about Jeffery being worried he'd be bullied at summer camp.  Gawd!!

• Love 4

His wife has to be based in LA for E News, right?

That would make sense, but actually, no! I watch their reality show and in every episode Bill has to mention at least 25 times how he hates LA and they HAVE to move their family back to Chicago. Someone should do a GIF on how much he says "moving back to Chicago."  So since they split their time between LA and Chicago now, E News lets her do the show from Chicago sometimes! They must really love her. While NYC is not Chicago, I do think Bill would not pass up the opportunity to be on live TV every morning on a major network. I guess if it's for his career, Chicago can wait. I like Giuliana a lot but Bill gives me major controlling husband vibes.

• Love 2

Hmm, then the Kartrashians, Hiltons, and Tori Spelling all must have some sad histories.

and when you're talking about baby voices, don't overlook the overly-exposed Michelle Duggar.  Dr. Drew could have a banner day counseling that dame.

• Love 7

The halo effect with attractive people is very strange. It reminds me of when all those girls started a petition to save the Boston Bomber because he was too cute to have possibly done anything wrong like that. I don't get it.

I cheered at Whoopi's smackdown of Will Cain today. If he's going to be joining this show, there will have to be one of those every day. I had to laugh when he confused his words during the bully topic, first saying "we should all stand up for bullies." Working for Glenn Beck, I'm sure he does that pretty often.

• Love 3

The halo effect with attractive people is very strange. It reminds me of when all those girls started a petition to save the Boston Bomber because he was too cute to have possibly done anything wrong like that. I don't get it.

I cheered at Whoopi's smackdown of Will Cain today. If he's going to be joining this show, there will have to be one of those every day. I had to laugh when he confused his words during the bully topic, first saying "we should all stand up for bullies." Working for Glenn Beck, I'm sure he does that pretty often.

Me too, but I still say she's getting pretty Dictatorial & it's getting on my last nerve.

I hope it's Sherri that's going down the road.  She has done everything to deserve it & I don't give a damn if she's getting a divorce.

• Love 3
like Giuliana a lot but Bill gives me major controlling husband vibes.

I can "like" Giuliana but only if I don't look at her.   She's just oddly unattractive to me.  She sure does attract the best designers...and she's on national TV.  I have to be wrong.

• Love 4

That "he is so hot" crap was pretty gross.... To be fair though, it wasnt the show that was putting his mugshot on fashion ads..... it is social media..... this crapfest just picks up the ball and runs with it .... after the game is over.... they are always behind

It has to be said also.... the problem with the show is A) it is scripted.... and B) Bill Gettie

• Love 3

Why did The View subject use to listening to all those songs for new theme music, chose one and now doesn't even play the song anymore. The play Zendaya's Replay everyday.

Sherri has gotten on my last damn nerve these days. Still want them to shut the fuck up when people are talking. You don't all have to talk at once.

• Love 3

I couldn't follow Sherri's rant on Jeffrey being afraid of being bullied at camp and Sherri's overreaction, imo. She sounded out of control and like she would be a bully to the kid's mama and aunties. WTH? She gets of these rants and is unable to listen to, let alone process, what is being said. Plus....what do Jeffrey's therapists, counselors have to suggest? She truly is willfully ignorant.

At least Jenny's explanation to her son was calm and collected and therefore could lead further discussion. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Can you even begin to imagine the bullying that Ross Matthews went through in his lifetime? Ross knows the best revenge is success. I enjoyed the comments he made on several topics.

When Sherri got on her high horse about bullies, did anyone else picture that video of the parent  getting on a school bus and beating the crap out of a kid for bullying? I sure did.

With all the blah blah blah over each other, I didn't catch whether the camp told her she couldn't observe or she could observe. I'd hope that at least one counselor knows what she said today on the show and bars her from being around other children. She declared that she would be a menace and abuser of any minor children that she deemed offensive. Well... most, no make that ALL, kids are offensive at some time or another. That's their job. Her job is NOT to beat up kids. I hope that a parent of a child in that camp caught today's show and alerted them to her threats.

Yes, her threats. She made them and she has to own them.

On the topic of Will Cain and Whoopi: did anyone notice that Gettie had a camera man stand behind Cain so you had both Whoopi and Cain in one shot? Whoopi is way more street savvy than Rosie and I detected that she saw what was getting set up (a semi-split screen "battle" between the two of them). She didn't take the bait. Good for her.

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 2

On the topic of Will Cain and Whoopi: did anyone notice that Gettie had a camera man stand behind Cain so you had both Whoopi and Cain in one shot? Whoopi is way more street savvy than Rosie and I detected that she saw what was getting set up (a semi-split screen "battle" between the two of them). She didn't take the bait. Good for her.

I beg to differ.  If we're talking about the same conversation, Whoopi actually beat him down & was all over him like a sack of snakes.

The crosstalk is a The View signature move...... I believe the crosstalk is scripted as well.  Sherri's answer to being a bully is being a bully...... That dude guest host was upset because Russel Brand was criticizing Judge Jeanie Pirro for her rhetoric on Faux News..... his answer to the criticizing is to censor Russel Brand because he didnt like what he was saying

It seems like so often the people on The View just dont think about what they demand should be the answer to an issue

• Love 2

The panel's answers about bullying were pretty dumb, I thought. Punch the bully. Bite the bully back. Sherri wanting to beat up the bully. Today's bullies can gang up on a kid in large numbers online. They are not just kids pulling pigtails anymore. It is a complicated issue that needs attention and not these moronic ideas The View is spouting. So far the panel wants guns for the teachers and for kids to just punch their bully. I liked Whoopi's smackdown of that guy because I don't like the guy but she is becoming unbearable with her know-it-all attitude without anyone to keep her in check a bit.

• Love 2

If I were a teacher, there is no way I would want the responsibly of having a gun in the classroom. The whole idea seems crazy to me. I think it would cause more problems than it might solve.

Bethenny Frankel? Oh, please, no. If she's being considered as a co-host, it illustrates just  how clueless Geddie and TPTB are. Bethenny's show was cancelled for low ratings! No one likes her anymore, even her one time fan base. I've read that her books and products are no longer selling. She might have been "hot" a few years ago, but she is definitely on a downward trend. That certainly doesn't seem like a good choice for a new co-host. But, the decisions made on this show never makes any sense

Babs will be back already?  Just to pimp her upcoming interview, of course. Nothing ever changes...

I was a teacher in a high school where we had a least one gun scare a year -- nearly always a crazed or high parent. We had security guards to handle it (as well as calling the police). My husband was  a department head -- also a veteran and good with guns but he said he wouldn't have wanted that responsibility. There is no way I would have carried. 

• Love 3
(edited)

The school district my daughters attended has armed staff now. They didn't when they were there. Two administrators are armed and they "rove" (that's what they are calling it) around to all five schools in the district  . These 5 schools are not even within walking distance of each other, so I don't know what logic was used. Originally the thought was to arm the maintenance staff.

Edited by ginger90

My two cents:  this was not a hasty decision and it was not made by Walters.  I believe the suits have known all along that this season has been a disaster.  I believe they saw in Sherri what we did.  I believe Jenny was tossed because she's a great guest, but not a strong enough co-host.  I believe the addition of a male co-host, or hosts, will be an even bigger disaster.  I believe Geddie's decision to drive the show to the right was a bad one.  I will not miss him.

I enjoy panelists with differing viewpoints, but there are better ways to achieve that than what they've been doing.

Margaret Cho would be a great addition, now that Drop Dead Diva has wrapped production.  I hope they consider her.  I can't think of a single male co-host I'd like to see there every day. 

• Love 1

If ABC was thinking they would harness all the online interaction they promote every day and ask the audience who they would like to see co-host or as a candidate for a permanent seat.
I say ABC because I think Gedde and Walters want nothing less than anyone giving any input.
I would love to see Yvette Nicole Brown in Sheri's seat, and I wish they would try Stacy London.   When What not to Wear ended she guest hosted frequently for Anderson Cooper's show and did a surprisingly good job.  YNB is on so many different talk shows she is almost a talk show pro already.

• Love 3

I thought Bill had that talk show America Now.  Is that over?  I don't thinK I've ever seen it but I thought it was some kind of morning talk show.

It's a syndicated pretaped 30 min show he and Leeza Gibbons co-anchor. 2 episodes air back to back here in the afternoon. The segments are so short and don't provide much detail so I've only watched a few times.

I was out all afternoon and tonight so I missed the news when it first came out. I had hoped it would be Sherri going but honestly didn't want Jenny to follow. Personally I would have been open to giving Jenny a chance to do a 2nd season Sheri free to see if she got better or changed. Maybe this job wasn't what Jenny thought it would be either.

I know most probably wouldn't agree with me but I'd watch Mario Cantone daily if they wanted to hire a guy but he's probably smart enough to say NO NO NO to any offers at this point. He can be funny but discuss serious issues seriously too and I think that would surprise some people.

Margret Cho, Yvette Nicole Brown and Stacy London would be 3 people I'd welcome and they'd each fill a different role pretty well too. As I mentioned before though at this point especially with 2 hosts leaving again for the 2nd year in a row and considering that a permanent seat would mean a move to NY or NJ I wonder if any of those 3 would think about accepting a seat.  If Stacy lives in NY already she might take them up if they offered.

• Love 1

The "current" schedule for next week:

Mo 6/30: Guest co-host Frank Luntz

Tu 7/1: Joan Rivers, Cee-Lo Green, Molly Bloom, guest co-host Ross Mathews

We 7/2: Chris O'Donnell, Robin Thicke, Dr. Doris Day, guest co-host Abby Huntsman

Th 7/3: Jack Vale, guest co-hosts Ross Mathews and "Kid President" Robby Novak

Fr 7/4: Dr. Richard Besser, Jason Biggs, Sam Smith, guest co-hosts Bill Rancic and Ross Mathews (R 6/19/14)

Or it could be What's Poppin' with Ross Matthews and Mario Cantone!

Eww, just realized how dirty that sounds, and I truly didn't mean it to!! Just meant that they are probably hiring men, and most likely, at least one gay man!

• Love 2

I'm surprised they aren't airing repeats all week next week with the 4th of July being on Friday. It would be just like them to make this huge announcement not only on a Thursday when there's no live show tomorrow, but also right before having a week off.

Next Monday promises to be so awkward that I think I might have to tune in.

I know most probably wouldn't agree with me but I'd watch Mario Cantone daily if they wanted to hire a guy but he's probably smart enough to say NO NO NO to any offers at this point. He can be funny but discuss serious issues seriously too and I think that would surprise some people.

Now that is funny Jaded.... when I was reading through and Lava VaVoom wondered what male host would be good every day.... Mario Cantone was my first thought.... He is such a dumbass but I laugh all the time he is on..... He seemed to be good friends with Joy

• Love 2
(edited)

Lucky -- in one of the items I was reading tonight (don't know which one now), it said the show was on hiatus all next week.

Thanks, berly57. I just read that somewhere too. That make sense since that's how The View operates. Dump the news on a Thursday evening when Friday's show isn't live and next week they're all off.

I also read the news that Geddie might not be going anywhere, which makes no sense at all. Hopefully that's wrong.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 2

Happy Friday Everyone!!!!!!!   Wow! I was blown away reading the posts last night----dreams do come true! 

SOOOOOO Happpy that Geddie is going as well as Sherri, and (kind of) Jenny.  Now I do believe that Bawa was forced out, so ABC could  start the dominoes falling.  Someone intelligent at ABC was actually watching this crapfest and thinking WTF like us.  Plus reading the Facebook comments and PTV.

I am going to be smiling allll day.  Love you all.

• Love 4

BW continued her "Year of the Coverup" by kissing up to both Sherri and Jenny. I am not sure WHEN they found out (depending on what reports you read/believe... but I sorta buy the " late Thursday afternoon meeting" theory. Babs clearly knew about this (if not, then she isn't much of an executive producer , although she STILL is not much of one). Her phoniness and mendacity know no bounds.

• Love 6
(edited)

RATS!  I got pre-empted for Obama.  Though watching Obama in my childhood neighborhood was way better than The Spew would have been.  Were there any hints about what was coming?

Today's show was actually taped on Wednesday, supposedly one day before the now infamous staff meeting where the beheading was decided, so there was no mention or hint of the changes.

Oops, pachebo types faster than I!

Edited by Tunia