Type keyword(s) to search

Matt 'Bad News' Baier

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

Whoever told Matt that photo was a good idea for his book is disgusting. Unless you're a professional body builder or model and your body is part of "your brand", once you get past a certain age....just NO. Matt is obviously a narcissist who thinks he looks good or believes whoever told him he did. Who am I kidding? That photo was probably his idea. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Whoever told Matt that photo was a good idea for his book is disgusting. Unless you're a professional body builder or model and your body is part of "your brand", once you get past a certain age....just NO. Matt is obviously a narcissist who thinks he looks good or believes whoever told him he did. Who am I kidding? That photo was probably his idea. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I still cannot get past the fact that Matt thinks anyone cares about his "truth."

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Cabarb said:

The only thing that will redeem that book for me is if he doesn't sell a single copy and ends up have to buy 1,000 of them himself so it doesn't look like such an epic failure.

And he and Amber won't be able to film in their garage anymore, because of the pile of un-read books in the corner. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

And he and Amber won't be able to film in their garage anymore, because of the pile of un-read books in the corner. 

Why do they even hang out in their garage anyway? They have a nice deck out back if they want to film outside. The only reason you would sit in your front yard like that is to let the neighbors know you want to hang out together and that's not gonna happen while they are filming, so they must just want the neighbors see they are being filmed instead.

Just wondering if anyone else thinks all of the little brown things on the floor of the garage are small dog poops? 

Last thing, I've seen Matt accused of a fake accent elsewhere on the internet. What do y'all think? I wondered why Amber laughed at him in the last episode when he said something about cooking "burgahs", maybe she knows that's a put on?

Or is it just cause I watched real world with the girl that had the grating, overdone "east coast" accent and everyone laughed at her when she said "burgahs"?

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, druzy said:

Well, there you have it:

Authors published by Post Hill include media personalities and political figures such as Teen Mom stars Maci Bookout and Kailyn Lowry, Venezuelan actress and fashion model Patricia Velasquez, former presidential candidate Herman Cain, former Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan, and Dancing With the Stars dancer Karina Smirnoff.

• Love 4

I work in a library and we get way more requests for the type of books Post Hill puts out than we do for actual Simon and Schuster titles. This isn't terribly relevant to the topic but it hurts my heart and is a sad commentary on our literary choices.

• Love 18
19 hours ago, pakalolo said:

Last thing, I've seen Matt accused of a fake accent elsewhere on the internet. What do y'all think? I wondered why Amber laughed at him in the last episode when he said something about cooking "burgahs", maybe she knows that's a put on?

Or is it just cause I watched real world with the girl that had the grating, overdone "east coast" accent and everyone laughed at her when she said "burgahs"?

Boston girl here...I deliberately pronounce my "r's" because the accent seems somewhat harsh ( "hahsh" lol ) to me, but I can slip into it accidentally or deliberately at times.

I definitely know people who talk like him...not defending him at all, but the cadence/pattern sounds pretty authentic.  I would guess that it's real but exaggerated.

Edited by teapot
  • Love 8

Publishing is MY industry (which pisses me off even more that Matt has anything to do with it) so I did some sleuthing...Post Hill Press is an offshoot of Simon & Schuster. It's kind of their "trashy" offshoot. Lots of big publishing companies have these. They basically buy them up or create them so that they can dip their fingers into the tabloid pool without getting dirty. PHP has published Maci's book, in addition to Kail's, Amber's, and C & T's. They are hack jobs. They basically hire ghostwriters to put together a book in about a month and then throw them up on the virtual shelves. I don't know which came first, the publishing company approaching Matt or Matt approaching the publishing company, but my guess is that this blogger was hired by one of them. I don't think it was HIS idea. I am wondering if Matt contacted him and was like, "I want to release a book. You want to write it?" Before my own books took off, I actually used to do that for people.  I had standards, of course. I wouldn't have taken Matt's book, for instance, or anything that was junk science (or even health related) but I DID write for other people. It's not a bad gig, but sometimes just reading the job proposals made me feel slimy. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, RamonaSenomar said:

He claims on his Twitter he's "Worlds biggest Ramones fan."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

I beg to differ.

STFU, Matt.  

No.  Really.  STFU.

Okay, I just figured out your name on this board.  Duh, me!  Oh...and STFU, Matt!!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Birdee said:

I work in a library and we get way more requests for the type of books Post Hill puts out than we do for actual Simon and Schuster titles. This isn't terribly relevant to the topic but it hurts my heart and is a sad commentary on our literary choices.

Is  it because no one wants to actually buy these kinds of books, but they do want to read them?  Maybe the library is doing a positive public service by keeping these "authors'" potential profits down.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

His cover is a rip off from Howard Stern'a book.  He's a big fan. He used to tweet to those involved with the Stern show from both his account and Amber's. 

That's it!! I was trying to remember where I saw a similar cover.

That image of Matt reminds me of that image of Anthony Wiener. 

I am a Stern fan. I hate that this fuck head is one as well. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Marisagf said:

Is  it because no one wants to actually buy these kinds of books, but they do want to read them?  Maybe the library is doing a positive public service by keeping these "authors'" potential profits down.

I think so. We saw the same thing with the Fifty Shades books. People don't want to be caught buying them, but they'll happily check them out. I guess we are keeping profits down, but I'd sure rather spend my limited budget on something that's a little more well-written and thought-provoking.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I volunteer to read this book and give y'all a recap. 

What is happening to me....lol

This is why I like you so much! We may not agree on some things, but you take one for the team. :-)

On 11/16/2016 at 11:38 AM, Katt said:

That site is terrible. The writing is abysmal and there are pop-ups galore. 

Ad Block works great. I use it because PTV was annoying me with their ads.

• Love 7
On 11/17/2016 at 3:17 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

Well, there you have it:

Authors published by Post Hill include media personalities and political figures such as Teen Mom stars Maci Bookout and Kailyn Lowry, Venezuelan actress and fashion model Patricia Velasquez, former presidential candidate Herman Cain, former Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan, and Dancing With the Stars dancer Karina Smirnoff.

Classy. 

• Love 3
On 11/18/2016 at 2:01 PM, teapot said:

Boston girl here...I deliberately pronounce my "r's" because the accent seems somewhat harsh ( "hahsh" lol ) to me, but I can slip into it accidentally or deliberately at times.

I definitely know people who talk like him...not defending him at all, but the cadence/pattern sounds pretty authentic.  I would guess that it's real but exaggerated.

This right here. I mean, heeeerah! 

I'm a born and raised Bostonian chic and have forced myself to pronounce the "Aaaahs" R's now that I, unfortunately, don't live there anymore. However it slips out when I'm upset or talking too fast.

His accent is legit, check out some movies that are filmed in Boston and get a load of the actors faking the accent and you can tell the difference.

Matt (gnat) just makes the accent sound worst with his perpetual spit in the mouth sound he makes. I always catch myself force swallowing my mouth spit when I here him talk.

Our accents are pretty sexy on the right people ????

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 5

I love how Matt used to proclaim that he didn't care what people thought about him, that he just ignores the haters, and so on, and now he is writing a book to get the "truth" out there.  He can write whatever he wants, but I would bet money it will not improve his reputation one bit. It will probably just expose him as more of a con man.

• Love 6
On 11/23/2016 at 6:50 PM, Calm81 said:

Our accents are pretty sexy on the right people ????

I can't agree more. My husband is from Boston area and there is nothing in this world that will make him hide his accent, and I'm loving it...however my husband is a 30 year old loving husband and a father, so considering Matt is exactly the opposite doesn't really help his case.

I couldn't help but squirm when Amber was talking about his "sexy chest and arms" and how we have to see his book cover, well I did and I regret it. There are some things they should keep to themselves and Matt's naked body is one of them.

• Love 7

Plus, Stern is known for being outrageous and making people squirm. His cover fits. The only reason Matt used his naked ass for HIS cover (other than to emulate Stern) is because he thinks people are more interested in him than they are. 

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Q&A/AMA with one of the mothers of his children. 

https://m.imgur.com/a/LhpmM#raK5Juj

Wow.  Although the format isn't the greatest, this should be required reading for anyone who thinks Matt is anything other than a sleazy con man who is completely taking advantage of Amber's naiveté.  His standard excuse for his past actions seems to be "the drugs made me do it," but in this instance he was able to hold down a job of some sort at Frito-Lay, and I doubt that he would have been allowed to work there if he was  pharmaceutically impaired.  

• Love 5