Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Hakeldama

Tara Ariano

Poor Murphy. I was all happy to see him and his girlfriend, but, of course, things go to shit for him ASAP.

Run Raven Run! I wish I could say that joke was above me...

Damn it Bellamy! Your better than this! I do not need to see a character I have grown to love turned into a slightly less psycho version of Finn. 

I...am trying very hard not to rage right now so bare with me.

- Pike needs to die. Yesterday preferably. I'm not one to advocate for death but he has it coming, big time.

- The one time I needed Lexa to completely ignore Clarke, she does the exact opposite. Love is definitely weakness Lexa because agreeing to this, agreeing with Clarke is what's finally going to get you killed.

- So Raven has accepted Jaha's computer-generated meth? I was hoping she'd hold out from his brand of crazy but her leg is getting progressively worse so I understand.

- I think the Grounders are well aware of who ALIE is because they recognized Murphy's little pill straight away. I'm not sure how much they know about her though.

- Lincoln should've listened to Octavia and left when they had the chance. Now he's locked up and being treated like rubbish.

- At least Miller is still a good guy, I was beginning to think most of the male Sky People had mush for brains.

- Speaking of mush for brains...if the aim of the show was to make me want to bang Bellamy's head against a wall in frustration, they've succeeded. I didn't even care about him crying over Mount Weather because all I could still see is those dead people out there who were doing nothing but trying to protect him and his people.

Edited by kdm07
  • Love 4

Damn it Bellamy! Your better than this! I do not need to see a character I have grown to love turned into a slightly less psycho version of Finn. 

I'm not certain what is making Bellamy less psycho than Finn.  It seems that his continued allegiance to Pike after slaughtering 300 people and then having a half dozen friends/family try to talk sense into him pushes this to a level of way worse than Finn.

Maybe, maybe if Clarke had gotten to Bellamy I could have figured out how he could come back from this. But barring a last minute reveal that Clarke did get to Bellamy and he's now faking allegiance to Pike to get close and assassinate him, I don't know how he lives much longer. 

• Love 2

Really good episode. Have enjoyed this season a lot. Thought it is frustrating now that I'm watching live not just being able to binge the whole season like I did with season one and two.

I was wondering why they seemed to be lingering on the COL pill multiple times in the ep but then that got answered at the end with the grounders recognizing it and calling it the sacred signal. Have also seen on twitter that people say Lexa has a tattoo with the symbol as well. So it looks like all the storylines are starting to converge.

Liked the Clarke/Bellamy confrontation. Not a fan of Bellamy's actions but his rant on Clarke was good not that I agree with everything. I just like showing some of what is going on in his head. Of course, his reason that the Grounders started this war is interesting since the Grounders could say the same thing.

Raven joining the COL storyline has potential. Also glad that all the pain and suffering that seemed to piling up on her was building to something.

Interesting that the Sky crew has rejected being the 13th clan and now Lexa is doing something that will probably be unpopular again. If there is a vote again to have her removed there might be no one to object now. I wonder how much of her decision is also because of her swearing fealty to Clarke and her people.

Jaha is getting to the point of being scary crazy.

Yeah Miller. Liked the callback to season one with his and Lincoln's interaction.

Thank God for Miller. I least there are a few non morons among the Sky People. 

I'm not certain what is making Bellamy less psycho than Finn.  It seems that his continued allegiance to Pike after slaughtering 300 people and then having a half dozen friends/family try to talk sense into him pushes this to a level of way worse than Finn.

Your probably right. Really, the only thing keeping him from Finn level, to me, is that he seems less unhinged and trigger happy than Finn at his worst. Actually, that might make him worse. Bellamy knows what he is doing, and, unless he switches sides ASAP or turns out to be a mole for Clark, he has a lot to answer for. 

Edited by tennisgurl

Thank God for Miller. I least there are a few non morons among the Sky People. 

They needed to do more of this than they did.  There was a bunch of cheering of Pike and no much horror outside of the regular cast.

I was left thinking they should have evacuated the six people that weren't all rah, rah about slaughtering the Grounders.  I was sincerely shocked that Clarke tried to talk Lexa into peace.  I thought she'd at least suggest a tactical assassination of Pike.  Mt Weather must be screwing with her brain.

I'm hoping there is a Civil War and a faction of Sky crew takes care of this mess rather than Lexa/Clarke. 

• Love 4

Did anyone else find it kind of odd that the 300 dead grounders all seemed to be kind of evenly spaced across that battlefield ?  Almost like they stood in position and waited to be shot.

Come on Clarkie, do you really expect the Grounders to just forgive and forget after Pike et al slaughtered 300 grounders ?  They went to war over a heck of a lot less in S1 and S2.

How did Jaha and Murphy and whatever her name is get back from way up north wherever ALIE's mansion was located so quickly ?  This show is giving Revolution a run for its money in the travel shenanigans dept.

So, I'm a little concerned about this whole peace thing Lexa seems to have agreed to.  Like, is she under the impression that Clarke is acting in an official capacity as a representative of Arkadia?  She knows that Clarke had to sneak in, but I don't think anyone told her how she left, so she could think that Clarke met with Pike and was speaking as an ambassador.  Alternatively, she might have taken Clarke's suggestion because she just trusts her that much.  The problem is, whether she knows it or not, she's deciding to make peace in a situation where the other side doesn't know about it and won't honor it.  I really hope we get some more clarification on that next episode, but, either way, I'm about 95% sure that this is the beginning of the end for Lexa.  

I almost feel like Bellamy's just digging in at this point, because he doesn't want to admit that he made the wrong call.  I got where he was coming from in that scene with Clarke; I just didn't particularly care.  If he feels so bad about killing a bunch of people who helped and trusted him, maybe he shouldn't have massacred an army of people who trusted and were trying to help him.

Also, as much as I like Kane and Abby, I kind of wanted to smack them for acting surprised when Pike did exactly what he said he was going to do.  Like, did they think that he was planning to sneak into their camp with a dozen people and assault rifles and politely ask them to leave?  I don't know how they looked at what he said and did last episode and didn't jump directly to "massacre," but somehow they both seemed to be surprised by it.  They really should have known better.

On a side note, I loved that little moment where Kane looked so happy to see Jaha again and Abby just gave him that look like "wait til you talk to him before you get your hopes up."

Edited by yellowfred
  • Love 2

Should have known that Raven's injury story was going to end up tying into Jaha and his whole City of Light thing.  The woman in his head is totally right that Raven being "cured" is probably going to get more and more people involved in his little cult, but I have to think their is a major downside to what he's selling.

The Bellamy stuff is so frustrating, because it's well acted enough and I do think he raised some good points opposite of Clarke, especially how not only did Lexa abandon them in their hour of need, but that was why they had to take that drastic action against Mt. Weather.  But it still feels rushed and basically like he's only doing this because his girlfriend died.  It would have made more sense if the attack had harmed Octavia or something, but some girlfriend I never got to know (and, lets be honest, probably just a placeholder for him since Clarke bailed), just isn't going to cut it for me.  So, I still sadly find him one-dimensional now, and enjoyed Octavia giving him the cattle prod.

Speaking of one-dimensional, Pike is just a typical bad guy now, and isn't even offering the smallest of olive branches to anyone.  I mean, he seriously stripped both Kane and Lincoln of their positions?  Really?  You are the Chancellor, now.  You have the power.  Can't you at the very least let someone with opposite viewpoints be allowed to speak or give advice?  That's how government is suppose to work, I thought.  But this is feeling more like a dictatorship now.  Someone needs to bring him down.

Hate to say, but in this case, I totally think Lexa taking Clarke's advice is going to backfire on her big time.  I get trying to avoid bloodshed and make peace, but the Grounders are not going to take this laying down.  At best, someone is going to try something under her nose.  At worst, they'll overthrow her.  I get that your gaga for Clarke, Lexa (understandable), but you are treading dangerous waters now.

Murphy's captured again.  Classic Murphy!

• Love 1

Did they not have after school specials on the Arc?  Raven, you don't ingest things from a strange man promising you it will make you feel better.  Not unless he has an MD after his name.  I can't decide if Jaha should have brought the Kool Aid or what, but he is sounding all sorts of nuts.  However, anyone to potentially go up against Pike's bloodthirst right now can't be awful.  I don't think Pike trusts Jaha, so I suspect there may be some epic showdown between Jaha Jones and Pike Trump.

• Love 1
Also, as much as I like Kane and Abby, I kind of wanted to smack them for acting surprised when Pike did exactly what he said he was going to do.  Like, did they think that he was planning to sneak into their camp with a dozen people and assault rifles and politely ask them to leave?  I don't know how they looked at what he said and did last episode and didn't jump directly to "massacre," but somehow they both seemed to be surprised by it.  They really should have known better.

If only Kane and Indra had super secret best friend walkie talkies, he could have warned her that there was a coup at Arkadia and a team armed with assault riffles was heading toward them. The dozen men slaughter 300 warriors with no casualties played a little odd to me. Clarke and Lexa did raise the point that the Arkadians have guns, but when has that stopped the Grounders before? Yes, they were ambushed, but I felt like they tilted it too far toward the THIS IS A MASSACRE OF INNOCENTS based on what we've already seen of them. They were an army. They had weapons, yet Indra made it sound (and the graveyard made it look) like they just sat there and waited to be executed.

I think Bob Morley hates Bellamy's story line more than anybody. He looked so miserable through this episode.

Edited by absnow54
  • Love 2

Did anyone else find it kind of odd that the 300 dead grounders all seemed to be kind of evenly spaced across that battlefield ?  Almost like they stood in position and waited to be shot.

I think they were attacked as they slept so they were probably surprised and didn't have much time to get into some sort of fighting formation or to run very far or fast before they realized what was happening.

Speaking of one-dimensional, Pike is just a typical bad guy now, and isn't even offering the smallest of olive branches to anyone.  I mean, he seriously stripped both Kane and Lincoln of their positions?  Really?  You are the Chancellor, now.  You have the power.  Can't you at the very least let someone with opposite viewpoints be allowed to speak or give advice?  That's how government is suppose to work, I thought.  But this is feeling more like a dictatorship now.  Someone needs to bring him down.

Murphy's captured again.  Classic Murphy!

I was just wondering in the middle of this episode when everyone was going to get back together again...and there was Jaha at Arcadia, and then Murphy captured by grounders....and the one guy on the horse looked like that guy that had been treated for injuries at camp.  The gangs together again!

I think this season is interesting because it has so many parallels to recent political situations.  One act of aggression by a rogue faction (similar to a few acts of terror by radical Muslims) prompts this hatred towards an entire people, to the point where they are singled out for retribution even though most of them are friendly.  Using superior weaponry to just kill people without asking a lot of questions first.  Those knee jerk reactions making the other side so mad that it starts a war.  The "they aren't one of us" mentality.  Everyone believing that they are making the hard choices but doing the right thing.  Slippery slopes and what not.   Pike has seen his people killed, he is fueled by hate and fear.  But that is how the actions of a few can impact so many.  It was a small faction that planned the Mt. Weather attack, but look at the repercussions it has had.

• Love 4

Where's Echo been? She's one of the reasons for this crap and I'm kinda hoping someone like Bellamy or Octavia gets their hands on her and vaporizes her the fucking traitor . Speaking of That why hasn't anyone raised up that point? That Echo is a backstabber?

• Love 2

I am so going to enjoy Pike getting some Grounder justice. He needs to die and soon.

Ravennnn!!! I'm so happy she's back! On one hand she's needs to run as far from Jaha's crazy as she can but in the other, I'm so glad she has a plot now that involves more than Lindsey Morgan looking utterly depressed and broken most of the time (don't get me wrong she's very good at it but I'd really like to see her do more). Plus adding Raven there is just about the only thing that can get me interested in the whole CoL deal. That last scene with her and ALIE was kinda cool.

Actually pulling the Grounders into the whole CoL thing helps too. The symbol having meaning for them is helping integrate the plot more into the main show instead of it just being Jaha floating around the fringes and talking to himself (which nobody wants to see).

The Blakes at war makes me sad but Octavia is awesome. I love her. Bellamy continues to be a jackass. He did make some valid points about Clarke and I did manage a smile at him putting the handcuffs on Clarke by manipulating her (that's totally a Clarke move right there)

Lexa's going to have some serious problems maintaining the commandership with 'blood must not have blood'. I don't blame her for wanting to avoid war, even with their manpower the Grounders would face serious losses against guns but Clarke talking her into it is not a good look for her being the one in charge. She's going to have a mutiny.

Edited by dippydee
  • Love 1

^^you are not kidding, she just barely survived an attempted takeover by the Ice Queen.  Her people already hate the idea of the Sky People being the 13th colony.  She survived her last battle literally by a hair...her own hair.  I get where Clarke is coming from, but this is going to go poorly for Lexa.  Might be the rise of the Ice King....

• Love 1

I really really hate Pike and I don't see how they redeem Bellamy after slaughtering 300 people there protecting him.

Remember that the Grounders wanted Finn killed after murdering only 18 people.  18.  So, will Clarkie have to kill Bellamy as well ?

Clarkie looked all butt hurt when Bellamy slapped the cuffs on her -- I thought she was going to cry.

I really really hate Pike and I don't see how they redeem Bellamy after slaughtering 300 people there protecting him.

To be fair, Indra did tell both Clarke and Lexa that Pike murdered the wounded while Bellamy wanted to spare them.

Its not much, but the Grounders do seem to make a distinction between killing someone in battle (Clarke killing the Grounders as they attacked at the end of season one) and killing the helpless (Finn massacring non-combatants) and the forces present were certainly military ones.

Just following orders might not work in a modern trial, but even if Lexa hadn't basically granted a general amnesty, it being an attack on armed combatants (albeit completely inferior ones) and Bellamy's drawing the line at killing the wounded and prisoners might be enough to spare his life (though probably not his freedom... do we know the Grounder's views on slavery/indentured servitude? Maybe he could be forced to be Lexa and Clarke's personal foot massager or something).

Pike though totally needs to burn.

Edited by Chris24601

To me, the biggest issue with Bellamy's possibility for redemption comes down to whether he's lying to himself or just stupid.  If he were just being an idiot, meaning he really didn't know what he was getting into, I'd have hope that he could snap out of it and start making better choices.  Personally, though, I have a hard time seeing Bellamy as that stupid, so I figure he was either lying to himself before it happened, saying that Pike would probably leave the injured alone, or after it happened, saying that he didn't know exactly what he was signing up for.

It's the same thing with Kane and Abby somehow being surprised that Pike's plan was actually a massacre when he made absolutely no attempt to make it seem like that wasn't exactly what he was planning (although they at least had the good sense not to participate).  Pike might be a lot of shitty things, but he's not subtle about his intentions.  If all he wanted was for the grounder army to go away, as chancellor, it was completely within his power to tell them to leave, to tell them that he was rejecting their coalition and claiming the land for 15 km around Arkadia as theirs.  That's what he would have done if he had any goal other than killing them all, but he didn't.  If Bellamy didn't see that, it's because he didn't want to.

Edited by yellowfred
  • Love 2

To me, the biggest issue with Bellamy's possibility for redemption comes down to whether he's lying to himself or just stupid. .

For me the question of whether Bellamy can be redeemed is kind of off the table.  Its more a question of whether he can continue to be a viable character who continues to breathe that the audience can root for when the circumstances warrant it.  The more I think about that questions, the more I start to see the chess pieces being moved around the show.  And the more I think Bellamy was the character they put in this position because he's literally the only one that had the potential to remain viable if they did it;  And I think they had to do it because the show put themselves in a bit of a box, which I'll get to in a minute.

I think that Clarke did get to Bellamy in this episode. I think that he's going to straight up assassinate Pike before the end of this.  I'm not entirely sure that he isn't already planning to do it because Bellamy's actions in this episode aren't really tracking very well for me.  He was clearly traumatized over what they did, he didn't want to kill the wounded, he wouldn't cooperate in clearing the Grounder village, and he cuffs Clarke to take to Pike because why?  There are better than even odds that Pike will have Clarke shot on sight.

Then the next thing that is clear from this episode is the show is transitioning to the City of Light story.  I bet you that Bellamy is number three to take the pill to drown out that he can't cope with what he's done.  What if they literally wipe these events from his memory?

And the City of Light story is going to give some good cover for Bellamy by sinking all boats to the same level.  Those that come under the influence of A.L.I.E.  will undoubtedly do bad things under mind control.  But they chose the pill, so are still responsible for giving into their pain.  So its going to provide cover to Bellamy who did bad things while in emotional pain and giving into the influence of Pike. 

Speaking of cover for Bellamy's atrocities.  The fact that Lexa blames herself for what Clarke did at Mt. Weather and Clarke blames herself for leaving Bellamy to shoulder the aftermath on his own and that she did it knowingly is the thing that is going to keep Bellamy viable as far as the show is concerned.  Whether it should or not is debatable, but the writing is on the wall that this is what they are going for.

Now to the part where I think they are trying to get out of a box.  Lexa choosing peace makes no sense.  There is no way that she retains leadership of the Grounder nation and I think that is the point of all of this.  Its kind of a big problem that all the Grounders are united and under one leader and friendly with the major players in SkyCrew in terms of future narrative.  So gotta put an end to that.

So if Lexa is deposed and the Grounder coalition fractures that creates more story and lets Lexa tag along to City of Light if they need to make a geographic move with the show which I think is coming.  Pike has basically made it impossible to stay where they are because peace is not going to take root.

But they don't want to completely cut off 'friendly' Grounder interaction.  So now we have the interesting case of Ice Nation.  Their King owes Clarke and Lexa.  They are responsible for attacking Sky Crew so they are more likely not to kill Bellamy on sight because they likely view the massacre as either retaliatory or not involving them.  But since they did attack Sky Crew 'friendly' doesn't mean puppies and rainbows.

• Love 2

I guess the problem for me is that I LOVED that Bellamy/Clarke scene, but in isolation. I wish it had come on the heels of something other than a massacre.

I understood the feelings of hurt, betrayal, abandonment, and of being taken for granted that Bellamy expressed there. And if he had been acting out like Jasper, say, since Clarke left, then this scene would totally have explained his behaviour. If he'd been getting drunk and acting like an asshole lately, then this confrontation with Clarke would have spelled out the reasons why.

What it doesn't explain is his part in the slaughter of hundreds of strangers while they slept! If that's what that scene was supposed to elucidate, then of course it fell way short because it couldn't possibly achieve what it set out to.

I'm just dismayed because Bellamy was one of the most enjoyable characters on the show, and now he's a mass murderer, what the fuck. He should be in prison. But given the realities of this show's setting and the Grounders mentality, he and the rest of that group of killers should die for this. Their lives should be the price of continued peace with Skaikru.

He made homicidal Finn look good. And I never thought I would say that! I didn't believe that was possible lol. But I just don't see a future for Bellamy on the show.

Once Finn killed all those people, I wasn't interested in him anymore and I was just waiting for his departure. But Finn was an unpopular character that never really worked for a lot of fans, so he was expendable. Bellamy is a fan favourite and there's no way the show is letting Bob Morley go. And I expect fans and characters to rationalize his actions because they love Bellamy and want him around.

For me, Bel's done. Once this Pike story is played out this season, Bellamy should go to the City of Light.

Edited by Kirsty
  • Love 4

Congratulations show, I officially have some interest in the Jaha-filled City of Light storyline.  Good work involving Raven there (and apparently the grounder mythology has some roots with ALIE as evidenced by the grounders' recognition of the infinity symbol and Lexa's infinity tattoo).  I agree with the poster above that Bellamy will probably be Jaha's next customer to escape his man-pain.  Jasper too I'm sure.

I know that the show is going to try to redeem Bellamy but really, what he did is unforgivable.  I suppose him trying to save the wounded counts for something but he still slaughtered 300 innocent people (while they slept!).  He's way worse than Finn no matter how you try to spin it.  And Lexa's people will not take this lying down.  They were going to kill her if she didn't execute Finn for killing 18 of their people unprovoked, and now there's 300 to answer for.  

Bellamy needs to grow up, blaming Clarke for his actions because she left is ridiculous.  Trying to guilt trip her and then handcuffing her and trying to hand her over to Pike, who could easily have executed her on the spot; that scene made me so angry.  Honestly, their dynamic is kind of ruined for me now which sucks because their friendship was great.  

Octavia was amazing once again.  Loved her and Clarke working together.  She's never felt like a true member of the Arkers, considering that society assigned her literally no worth and she had to live her childhood hiding under the floor.  I love her loyalty to Indra/ the grounders and her seemingly coming to terms with Lexa's betrayal all on her own.  

I also liked Kane and Abby, especially their reaction to Jaha finding the City of Light, "Well, that's great isn't it?" "Ask his friend Otan. Apparently he's there right now."

ETA: What's great about the 100 writers is that they're willing to actually give lengthy responses to fan questions, rather than the typical one sentence responses only on twitter.

Edited by Kate213
  • Love 3

There was somethings in this episode that happened, which has made me unable to focus on anything else in this episode besides that.

I don't give a damn about how you twist it, but xenophobia is not alright in my book. It is the same as trying to make a case why it would be alright for a character to be racist because oh noes, they had bad experiences with black people. That kind of crap can kiss my black ass. Bellamy, Pike and the rest systematically killing off the Grounder archers before killing hundreds of people in their sleep? That is in the area of completely disturbing and cold blooded. Ultimately I can see the writers trying to really construct a redemption arc despite of how I find it pretty impossible. But in this last episode Bellamy highlighted what I actually disliked the very most of him in S1, and I don't think the writers intended it at all.

In S1 Bellamy's controlling ways with Octavia was something that annoyed me endlessly, and also his inability to take proper responsibility and instead place it on others. Back in the first season Bellamy restricted whom Octavia could talk to, where she could go and just what she could do by having one of his "followers" watching and following her around constantly. If she wasn't his sister, people had judged such controlling actions much harsher but instead it got brushed off as him just being over protective. When one of Bellamy's Octavia watchdogs fell for her, he then strung him up on a tree overnight, knowing it was likely he would get killed. When Atom survived he was so terrified he kept away from Octavia, which was what Bellamy wanted.

Now in this episode, he is physically grabbing Octavia's arm/"lightly" shoving Octavia and telling her to stop playing Grounder. Really? Way to diminish a lot of her character progress, and identity because it doesn't suit his xenophobic agenda of cold blooded mass murder. The fact he gets so angry at her calling his actions for what they are were super aggravating. He was so dismissive of her as a person and bossing her about again. And he is doing that after telling her Lincoln is in lock up because of causing some public disturbance. Really? The fact he didn't snap out of shit this episode means we haven't hit rock bottom either with his character. RIP Grounder village that is likely TonDC because it is not like that village has had many horrible experiences so far. Only upside is that we will probably see Octavia leading some resistances with the Arkadians that have a functional brain.

Did Bellamy have some good points in his talk with Clarke? Most definitely. He had a right to be seriously angry over the TonDC missile, and Clarke finding Octavia expandable and lying to him. That is something that makes utter sense for him to be really pissed off about. He is also fully within his right at being angry at Clarke seemingly trusting Lexa again. That is understandable and fair. Sidenote: I don't think Clarke trusted Lexa one bit until the end of this episode, and I believe that is still some rather very limited trust she now has for Lexa

Now Bellamy berating Clarke for leaving, putting a shit ton of blame on her and saying she is the one that causes people to die? That was absolutely disgusting and terrible of him. He just went and participated in the slaughter of 299 innocent people and he then had the gall to try to guilt trip and shove blame onto Clarke saying she causes people to die? What even. Absolutely zero self-awareness on Bellamy's part in this. Zero.

It is also a recurring thing in the whole confrontation that he refuses responsibility and places a lot of it onto Clarke and others... Clarke whom just takes it and even apologies to him, and keep believing in him being a better person. It makes me sad that I know so many young girls will try to defend his behavior and say it was just Bellamy finally letting Clarke have it. No. A lot of what he said was gross and wrong. 

Clarke doesn't owe him her mental and emotional well-being, which was what was at stake at the end of S2. Since they landed on Earth, Clarke started putting other people's needs in front of her own, trying to fix things for others and ensure the survival of the people around her. We got the 300 Grounders at the drop ship, killing Finn where she accepted the blame for his actions, TonDC, straight up executing Dante and then committing genocide to save the kids. She chose to do those things but it came with a cost to her as a person. She left camp Jaha because she felt she needed to do that in order to somehow, some day, be able to deal with it and be some semblance of a person again. Staying at Camp Jaha was too much for her at that point so she made the choice to leave for the sake of her own emotional and mental health. To hold that against her in such a way like he did? That is what set me off so much about that confrontation.

Bellamy was acting pissy over her choosing to leave so she wouldn't completely lose it. It was Clarke for once prioritizing herself. Bellamy is god damn 25 years old and Clarke is just frigging 18 and not his damn mommy. Him going "you left me" to Clarke? Pffff go away. She left Camp Jaha because she couldn't handle being there. If it was the other way around and Bellamy left, would Clarke had held that against him? No. Yet here he is, being mad at her for prioritizing her own emotional and mental well-being... over him I guess. Just what even. And she apologies, twice!

And his response? To play her like he is coming around and then he arrests her to hand her over to Pike. A person whom we have reasons to believe will kill her as per Lexa's words previously, and the need to smuggle her in and out. Or at best not exactly treat her well considering the information and knowledge she has of Lexa and The Grounders.

We had super controlling asshole Bellamy blaming Kane, Octavia and particularly Clarke, and the Grounders of course, while defending his own actions which included murdering people in their sleep. The fact that he didn't accept any responsibility made me and others watching so annoyed. He could at least stop pretending like he didn't play a significant role in causing increased conflict with the Grounders. Like hallo the flares that burnt down a Grounder village? Those were sent because Bellamy had trashed Raven's radio and played a big part in escalating everything. There is also Lincoln that helped the kids many times in the first season against his own people, warning them and giving them information, which definitely saved them. But now? That doesn't mean jack for Bellamy and his narrow minded view.

I really really wanted Clarke to tell him to shut the fuck up, grow up and take some responsibility himself instead of blaming everybody else. Despite knowing and seeing what he enabled and took part in, she actually still believed in him. In return? He just shat all over her, going for her weak points and trying to make her feel like shit. Clarke is not responsible for Bellamy's mental health or should be somehow the person that should put him together - as I seen people say in other places, including reviews sites. Just because Clarke is somehow managing to pull herself together currently after running wild for 3 months killing panthers while having very questionable hygiene, it doesn't mean she is to blame for Bellamy falling to do the same. She is not beholden to him. She wasn't obligated to stick round to ensure his well-being, but yet he goes all you left me wah wah.

Wow. I purposely waited 2 days before writing this thinking I would be less angry, but dear Lord I am not. This story line hits a bit to close to home, and Rothenberg

made it no secret the show will go out of their way to redeem Bellamy

. Rothenberg been talking endlessly about it all being about perspectives, so I am starting to place money on us learning that Lexa pillaged villages when forming the Coalition or something like it. The writers have been paralleling several characters this season, and I can see them doing it even more so with Bellamy and Lexa. Especially as it is guaranteed to cause a major frenzy on social media. I am so fearful that the writers will make the narrative validate Bellamy's xenophobic crap and his trash behavior towards Octavia, Clarke and Lincoln, or they will chicken out and claim PTSD like with Finn. Because it is not like most of the kids probably suffer from PTSD. Also on top Bellamy continuing Pike support and atrocious actions, he also helped put sick people in a cell and away from any care. Oh yeah, such a good guy thing to do. But hey, at least he didn't want to directly execute the wounded after having shot them up while they slept. Bright side eh?! Guess he didn't feel like killing people when they had their eyes open and looking at him.

Bellamy's xenophobic controlling woe-is-me ass? Pffff... Bye Felicia.

Edited by Gabe Torres
  • Love 14

Speaking of cover for Bellamy's atrocities.  The fact that Lexa blames herself for what Clarke did at Mt. Weather and Clarke blames herself for leaving Bellamy to shoulder the aftermath on his own and that she did it knowingly is the thing that is going to keep Bellamy viable as far as the show is concerned.  Whether it should or not is debatable, but the writing is on the wall that this is what they are going for.

See, to me, that actually makes Bellamy look worse.  We've seen both Clarke and Lexa fully taking responsibility for their actions and accepting the blame that other people place on them.  We've also seen them take steps to make up for it.  Bellamy, on the other hand, is doing the exact opposite.  He's digging his heels in and trying to blame anyone but himself.  

• Love 1

Could somebody who's been paying better attention inform me, is there an actual literal City of Light or is just the pills? I'm confused by the storyline. 

The way the show sets up its stakes, there's has to be a definite pay-off for Bellamy. Either he dies or the Sky Crew and the Grounders go to war. I don't think there can be a third option. 

Unfortunately, I agree that this is probably the beginning of the end for Lexa and her wonderful cheek bones. 

All caught up now. Damn this show is intense. Very uneven in quality and my suspension of disbelief is having to work extra hard often but when it's good it's really good.

So about this episode. Pike and pals killed 300 hundred people and took no casualties even though there were only ten of them? I know guns versus swords and arrows is a huge advantage but that's not how the battles have usually gone so far in the show.

Since it wasn't that long ago when I watched season one and absolutely loathed Bellamy, I guess I am having less trouble believing he could go back to his murderous jerk ways than some other posters here. At the end of the day the guy isn't that bright and this is hardly the first time he has let emotions get in the way of good judgment.

Lexa is by now my favourite character but I am having trouble following her thought process now. This is the first time when the Grounders' usually irrational hatred for the Arkers would actually be somewhat justified. The Arkers voted Pike to lead them and then attacked the people who had come to protect them - or at least were not attacking them at the time in case the announced intention was not to be trusted. Also, how can Lexa pull this peace off even if her people obey her? Pike is an irrational fool, you can't reason with people like that, specially when they have superior firepower.

Murphy adds some much needed comic relief but when I see him in episodes where one of the plotlines is Raven's disability I can't help but wish thay he had paid for shooting her.

The looks that Lexa and Clarke were exchanging right before coming across all those dead bodies were so not platonic. Of course, this being The 100 if a character is feeling happy, something horrible promptly happens.

I really wonder if any Arker at any point will say "You know what, why don't we just move some place else where we won't have so much bad history with the locals. Or better yet, some place where there are no locals."

Back in the first season Bellamy restricted whom Octavia could talk to, where she could go and just what she could do by having one of his "followers" watching and following her around constantly. If she wasn't his sister, people had judged such controlling actions much harsher but instead it got brushed off as him just being over protective. When one of Bellamy's Octavia watchdogs fell for her, he then strung him up on a tree overnight, knowing it was likely he would get killed. When Atom survived he was so terrified he kept away from Octavia, which was what Bellamy wanted.

Season 1 Bellamy was a nasty piece of work, no doubt. I remember his "protective" behaviour in regards to Octavia very well. I almost dropped the show early on because Bellamy annoyed me so damned much.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2

I'm having to agree with a poster I saw on here who said Both Bellamy and Clarke are both basically being unlikable this season . Bellman being under Pike's Control so to speak and Clarke making googly eyes and trusting a Woman AGAIN who sold her and others out left them to die AND was willing to let Octavia Die. Gee I wish I could betray someone like that and they easily trust me again. Who's to say Lexa won't sell her out again.

• Love 2

Who's to say Lexa won't sell her out again.

Lexa says so. She's made this abundantly clear by not only swearing fealty to Clarke but by agreeing with her and not seeking retribution for this latest massacre. It's going to cost her her head most likely but it shows how far she's willing to go for Clarke now.

• Love 2

I don't see Clarke easily trusting Lexa. She's just been forced into situations where she has to work with Lexa and they've regained some trust as a result. Considering Clarke's had the threat of the Ice Nation hanging over her head, I think it's understandable that she made the decisions that she.did.

• Love 3

I have been going over many things from this last episode again and I think the writers are very selective in their dialogue and don't waste it.

The complaint that Lexa is just being blinded by her feelings for Clarke is one perspective but I think it shouldn't be ignored what Indra said right before Clarke came in. She tells Lexa that they will need to start using guns to fight the Skikru. We don't get a response from Lexa but I think that does factor into her decision. If she arms the grounders with guns that will have huge effects beyond just one war. Lexa was willing to betray Clarke and their alliance so that she could rescue her people in Mt Weather and not have anymore of her people die. So I can see her rationalizing forgoing a violent retribution that they may not win for peace. Though it will probably cost her greatly.

I wonder if Pike is going to regret letting Jaha have a free reign in Arkadia. I really think Jaha is going to be causing a lot of trouble.

• Love 2

Lexa is going to do something about this - she has to. Heck, it's even the only way to save the people of Arkadia, because if she doesn't, she'll be replaced by someone that will just kill every single one of them, and she is clearly more than enough of a strategic and political mind to see that. 

She just isn't going to raze the camp. 

At a guess, she's going to arm the tribes with firearms. Heck, with cannon, and then simply insist that Arkadia string up pike and the rest of the gang of murderers, Because as someone else said : If it is not an act of war, it is a crime, and every one of them is guilty of mass murder. 

Hum. Wait. That's probably how they're going to keep Bellamy on the show. He gets hanged, but takes the CoLaid first, so it's not the end of the character. 

• Love 1

New to The 100, but as someone who hasn't really watched past seasons, I would say that I don't see Clarke trusting Lexa herself, I see Clarke trusting that Lexa will do what's best for her people in any given situation. She's trusting Lexa to be consistent in her motivations and how they'll lead her to react, but I don't necessarily see her trusting Lexa as a person much. Yet, at least.

Clarke and Lexa are incredibly compelling together, btw. I ship it, but in a way where I don't even really care if they get together, I just want to see them interacting on-screen as much as possible. The actresses play off each other really, really well and the way Clarke and Lexa's personal and "professional" lives intersect is delicious. The relationship is complex and layered and fascinating. And there's real chemistry between ET and ADC. Sadly, like many here, I see Lexa's death coming sooner rather than later (though I hope I'm wrong, as her storyline with Clarke and the Grounder politics is easily the best part of the show).

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1

I have been going over many things from this last episode again and I think the writers are very selective in their dialogue and don't waste it.

The complaint that Lexa is just being blinded by her feelings for Clarke is one perspective but I think it shouldn't be ignored what Indra said right before Clarke came in. She tells Lexa that they will need to start using guns to fight the Skikru. We don't get a response from Lexa but I think that does factor into her decision. If she arms the grounders with guns that will have huge effects beyond just one war. Lexa was willing to betray Clarke and their alliance so that she could rescue her people in Mt Weather and not have anymore of her people die. So I can see her rationalizing forgoing a violent retribution that they may not win for peace. Though it will probably cost her greatly.

I wonder if Pike is going to regret letting Jaha have a free reign in Arkadia. I really think Jaha is going to be causing a lot of trouble.

But how are the grounders going to get guns?  When I watched the scene, I thought that was one of the things that factored into Lexa's decision making.  She has now seen the incredible damage that guns can do in a short amount of time (kinda like drones, but thats another issue entirely -- but part of the parallels I can see).  Lexa certainly wouldn't want to lead her troops into a war that she has doubts they could win.  Going up against the Ice Nation would have been one thing, because the Ice Nation has the same type of weapons and training.  But going up against guns?  Might be a little more risky if you don't have access to guns.  Although, they should really work on getting some guns, because its a matter of time before Pike decides that they need to claim more territory, and more territory......

I think there is going to be a showdown between Pike and Jaha.  Not sure how its going to end, perhaps in some mutually assured destruction scenario where the two of them destroy each other and Clarke, Kane, and Abby can come in and pick up the pieces.  Jaha is charismatic, and he's got something for the downtrodden, for all those poor souls that have lost their family, that are in pain, whose girlfriends died at Mt. Weather and are having a hard time dealing with it.  Wasn't ALIE responsible for the original destruction on earth?  If so, I wonder if she will end up destroying Arkadia as well?  Perhaps that is how Bellamy gets his redemption.  Man...this is a good show!

There was somethings in this episode that happened, which has made me unable to focus on anything else in this episode besides that.

I don't give a damn about how you twist it, but xenophobia is not alright in my book. It is the same as trying to make a case why it would be alright for a character to be racist because oh noes, they had bad experiences with black people. That kind of crap can kiss my black ass. Bellamy, Pike and the rest systematically killing off the Grounder archers before killing hundreds of people in their sleep? That is in the area of completely disturbing and cold blooded. Ultimately I can see the writers trying to really construct a redemption arc despite of how I find it pretty impossible. But in this last episode Bellamy highlighted what I actually disliked the very most of him in S1, and I don't think the writers intended it at all.

In S1 Bellamy's controlling ways with Octavia was something that annoyed me endlessly, and also his inability to take proper responsibility and instead place it on others. Back in the first season Bellamy restricted whom Octavia could talk to, where she could go and just what she could do by having one of his "followers" watching and following her around constantly. If she wasn't his sister, people had judged such controlling actions much harsher but instead it got brushed off as him just being over protective. When one of Bellamy's Octavia watchdogs fell for her, he then strung him up on a tree overnight, knowing it was likely he would get killed. When Atom survived he was so terrified he kept away from Octavia, which was what Bellamy wanted.

Now in this episode, he is physically grabbing Octavia's arm/"lightly" shoving Octavia and telling her to stop playing Grounder. Really? Way to diminish a lot of her character progress, and identity because it doesn't suit his xenophobic agenda of cold blooded mass murder. The fact he gets so angry at her calling his actions for what they are were super aggravating. He was so dismissive of her as a person and bossing her about again. And he is doing that after telling her Lincoln is in lock up because of causing some public disturbance. Really? The fact he didn't snap out of shit this episode means we haven't hit rock bottom either with his character. RIP Grounder village that is likely TonDC because it is not like that village has had many horrible experiences so far. Only upside is that we will probably see Octavia leading some resistances with the Arkadians that have a functional brain.

Did Bellamy have some good points in his talk with Clarke? Most definitely. He had a right to be seriously angry over the TonDC missile, and Clarke finding Octavia expandable and lying to him. That is something that makes utter sense for him to be really pissed off about. He is also fully within his right at being angry at Clarke seemingly trusting Lexa again. That is understandable and fair. Sidenote: I don't think Clarke trusted Lexa one bit until the end of this episode, and I believe that is still some rather very limited trust she now has for Lexa

Now Bellamy berating Clarke for leaving, putting a shit ton of blame on her and saying she is the one that causes people to die? That was absolutely disgusting and terrible of him. He just went and participated in the slaughter of 299 innocent people and he then had the gall to try to guilt trip and shove blame onto Clarke saying she causes people to die? What even. Absolutely zero self-awareness on Bellamy's part in this. Zero.

It is also a recurring thing in the whole confrontation that he refuses responsibility and places a lot of it onto Clarke and others... Clarke whom just takes it and even apologies to him, and keep believing in him being a better person. It makes me sad that I know so many young girls will try to defend his behavior and say it was just Bellamy finally letting Clarke have it. No. A lot of what he said was gross and wrong.

Clarke doesn't owe him her mental and emotional well-being, which was what was at stake at the end of S2. Since they landed on Earth, Clarke started putting other people's needs in front of her own, trying to fix things for others and ensure the survival of the people around her. We got the 300 Grounders at the drop ship, killing Finn where she accepted the blame for his actions, TonDC, straight up executing Dante and then committing genocide to save the kids. She chose to do those things but it came with a cost to her as a person. She left camp Jaha because she felt she needed to do that in order to somehow, some day, be able to deal with it and be some semblance of a person again. Staying at Camp Jaha was too much for her at that point so she made the choice to leave for the sake of her own emotional and mental health. To hold that against her in such a way like he did? That is what set me off so much about that confrontation.

Bellamy was acting pissy over her choosing to leave so she wouldn't completely lose it. It was Clarke for once prioritizing herself. Bellamy is god damn 25 years old and Clarke is just frigging 18 and not his damn mommy. Him going "you left me" to Clarke? Pffff go away. She left Camp Jaha because she couldn't handle being there. If it was the other way around and Bellamy left, would Clarke had held that against him? No. Yet here he is, being mad at her for prioritizing her own emotional and mental well-being... over him I guess. Just what even. And she apologies, twice!

And his response? To play her like he is coming around and then he arrests her to hand her over to Pike. A person whom we have reasons to believe will kill her as per Lexa's words previously, and the need to smuggle her in and out. Or at best not exactly treat her well considering the information and knowledge she has of Lexa and The Grounders.

We had super controlling asshole Bellamy blaming Kane, Octavia and particularly Clarke, and the Grounders of course, while defending his own actions which included murdering people in their sleep. The fact that he didn't accept any responsibility made me and others watching so annoyed. He could at least stop pretending like he didn't play a significant role in causing increased conflict with the Grounders. Like hallo the flares that burnt down a Grounder village? Those were sent because Bellamy had trashed Raven's radio and played a big part in escalating everything. There is also Lincoln that helped the kids many times in the first season against his own people, warning them and giving them information, which definitely saved them. But now? That doesn't mean jack for Bellamy and his narrow minded view.

I really really wanted Clarke to tell him to shut the fuck up, grow up and take some responsibility himself instead of blaming everybody else. Despite knowing and seeing what he enabled and took part in, she actually still believed in him. In return? He just shat all over her, going for her weak points and trying to make her feel like shit. Clarke is not responsible for Bellamy's mental health or should be somehow the person that should put him together - as I seen people say in other places, including reviews sites. Just because Clarke is somehow managing to pull herself together currently after running wild for 3 months killing panthers while having very questionable hygiene, it doesn't mean she is to blame for Bellamy falling to do the same. She is not beholden to him. She wasn't obligated to stick round to ensure his well-being, but yet he goes all you left me wah wah.

Wow. I purposely waited 2 days before writing this thinking I would be less angry, but dear Lord I am not. This story line hits a bit to close to home, and Rothenberg

made it no secret the show will go out of their way to redeem Bellamy

. Rothenberg been talking endlessly about it all being about perspectives, so I am starting to place money on us learning that Lexa pillaged villages when forming the Coalition or something like it. The writers have been paralleling several characters this season, and I can see them doing it even more so with Bellamy and Lexa. Especially as it is guaranteed to cause a major frenzy on social media. I am so fearful that the writers will make the narrative validate Bellamy's xenophobic crap and his trash behavior towards Octavia, Clarke and Lincoln, or they will chicken out and claim PTSD like with Finn. Because it is not like most of the kids probably suffer from PTSD. Also on top Bellamy continuing Pike support and atrocious actions, he also helped put sick people in a cell and away from any care. Oh yeah, such a good guy thing to do. But hey, at least he didn't want to directly execute the wounded after having shot them up while they slept. Bright side eh?! Guess he didn't feel like killing people when they had their eyes open and looking at him.

Bellamy's xenophobic controlling woe-is-me ass? Pffff... Bye Felicia.

THIS⤴. IS. WONDERFUL.

How can Bellamy be redeemed?  How?  

He was actively complicit in slaughtering 300 resting willing Protectors of Skaikru/Arkadia. Yes, he slayed without excitation. BUT, slay he did and with a strangely ruthless combination of methodicalness and eagerness just like Pike. If Pike has to endure The Neverending Flames, then so should Bellamy.

Pike's trepidations and fears were/are as real to him as Bellamy's.

So, once again, as Bellamy stands(with company aplenty) in the viscera of his self-made Grounder abattoir, how is redemption evitable? How?❗

New to The 100, but as someone who hasn't really watched past seasons, I would say that I don't see Clarke trusting Lexa herself, I see Clarke trusting that Lexa will do what's best for her people in any given situation. She's trusting Lexa to be consistent in her motivations and how they'll lead her to react, but I don't necessarily see her trusting Lexa as a person much.

Yes, so far Lexa has consistently putting the interests of her people first, so she is predictable to an extent. I think Clarke respects that not least because she has done much the same. As long as their interests align, I think Clarke would be right to consider Lexa trustworthy, regardless of any romantic feelings between the two of them. And Lexa has been doing her best this season to make sure that the interests of the Arkers and the grounders align. The Ice Nation has been a thorn in her side for a while but she only killed the queen and that insolent ambassador. Pike, Bellamy and Octavia came with weapons into Polis, killing a few guards a long the way and she let them go. Lexa has always done her utmost to achieve peace, often going too far even.

Compare that with Bellamy who was willing to let the whole Ark become a vast tomb just to save his own skin.

One of the reasons why I find Pike so irritating is that he talks like so many politicians do - condescendingly, with simple words, as if what he is saying is so self-evident that you have to be an idiot not to agree with him. Mind you, this works for many politicians in the real world, so while he is a one note character he is not unrealistic and that makes him scarier still.

But how are the grounders going to get guns?

I bet Raven or Monty will make some guns out of scrap metal because they are tech magicians. No, seriously, I don't think the grounders will switch to guns anytime soon because that will make them lose much of their coolness factor, so the writers will do everything they can to prevent that.

• Love 3

One of the reasons why I find Pike so irritating is that he talks like so many politicians do - condescendingly, with simple words, as if what he is saying is so self-evident that you have to be an idiot not to agree with him. Mind you, this works for many politicians in the real world, so while he is a one note character he is not unrealistic and that makes him scarier still.

I bet Raven or Monty will make some guns out of scrap metal because they are tech magicians. No, seriously, I don't think the grounders will switch to guns anytime soon because that will make them lose much of their coolness factor, so the writers will do everything they can to prevent that.

I bet ALIE has a sweet arsenal in the City of Light....

I think your point about Pike is dead on, and, not to beat a dead horse (while I beat a dead horse).....but this is just another parallel I see with recent world events. We had a leader that spoke condescendingly about protectionism and how we had to go to war against a leader he had a personal issue with and not a ton of proof against.  Pike uses that same fear about protecting the land, and even though he had no proof that the grounder army was there to hurt them, he had a personal issue with them and "their kind."  Pike had no proof that the grounder army was a danger to them, he only had a score to settle, and the fear of the people around him and an act of unthinkable destruction (Mt. Weather) by a small minority to justify his actions.

• Love 1