Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe and Mika were on the verge of destroying their reputationswith their blatant shenanigans during the primaries but now they are making news frequently and getting positive reviews  (although not from us in this forum!)  

Can they keep it together till the election?

Will Joe ever be  embarrassed about his tantrums?!?

will Mika earn a reputation as a hard hitting interviewer?!?

Will their be a total meltdown on set as someone gets mad for being interrupted?

i mean we've already had a news making/ candidate damaging interview question from BARNICLE.  Anything can happen!!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, stormy said:

Yes.   And bringing up some criticism they got from Bob Woodward who then threw up his arms in frustration when the same happened to him.

Like that justified everything they had done to advance Trump had nothing to do with them.

Did Mika & Joe ever address the audiotape that Harry Shearer ,the actor from the Simpsons discovered regarding Mika telling Trump or Joe that she wouldn't ask any questions about Trump's deportation plan?

Monday Recap. Joe is back from the UK. He is wearing a brown sweater. Mika is wearing a tight fitting grey sweater. Halperin & Heileman were there. The panel was concerned about Hillary's fainting & pneumonia. Joe said both candidates should disclose more information. Joe downplayed Hillary's comments about half of Trump's supporters being deplorable. Mika was upset that Trump gets away with many racist comments but this is the first time that Hillary said something mean about Trump's supporters. The polls are close in GA,NH,Florida, Ohio.

Joe is busy drinking his coffee in his plastic red sox cup.

Eddie Glau said Trump's supporters are largely supporting the muslim ban etc..

Mika wants Mccain to say that Trump is terrible.

Kelly Anne Conway will be on later.

• Love 1

Has someone felt Trump's forehead? He didn't tweet about Hillary's health and wished her well. What a world!

I dreaded seeing Conaway on there this morning but they all held her feet to the fire, at least for a while. How weird that she announced his physical when the results aren't even completed.

• Love 1

It is cooler here today but it's going to be 80 degrees by afternoon. Who can say why these two have chosen winter clothes for their t.v. Uniform? All we can surmise is Joe thinks a sweater makes him look cool. Perhaps he is taking "cool" too literally. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, NewDigs said:

After Labor Day wardrobe?

All I got.

Stunned that Joe actually downplayed the "deplorables" remark! 

I find it funny that Mika now tries to co ordinate her wardrobe with the worst dressed host on cable tv. Joe was wearing running shoes with no socks. Mika used to dress much better in the past.

Joe was trying to justify the "deplorables" remark by using a poll taken in SC in February. It would have made more sense to use a national poll of current Trump supporters.

It would also be interesting to ask the same questions of Hillary supporters.

Kelly Anne Conway enjoyed jousting with Heileman & Mika. Joe was polite to her & asked her about competitive races in NH &Georgia.

The soccer guy was on. Joe was shocked that Manchester was in good shape.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, novhappy said:

It is cooler here today but it's going to be 80 degrees by afternoon. Who can say why these two have chosen winter clothes for their t.v. Uniform? All we can surmise is Joe thinks a sweater makes him look cool. Perhaps he is taking "cool" too literally. 

I suspect that Joe left his summer clothes in Conn or Martha's Vineyard. The apartment in Manhattan only has room for a few sweaters. Joe also bragged that sometimes he gets hot when he is performing on stage . Joe likes to talk about his musical career. He understood why Hillary could faint after a long day.

• Love 1

It was 55 here this morning (Indpls) and I have on a long sleeve cotton tee from Gap.   There is such a thing as season transitional clothing.

I'm pretty sure Mom & Dad can run down Fifth Ave and pick up some appropriate attire.  Joe could just wear a long sleeve shirt and tie for a change, and Mika could drag one of her many cardigans out of the closet.

I have issues with heat exhaustion, and when it's really hot and humid here, like all of August was, I just feel awful. I have no energy, I get lightheaded if I'm outside doing anything remotely strenous, jogging or gardening, for any length of time. I felt for HRC yesterday, I've been there, and I didn't have pneumonia on top of it. 

I was glad they weren't letting Conway get away with her BS. Even Halperin pushed back. 

• Love 8

He understood why Hillary could faint after a long day.

It was the morning, but whatever. (Shrug)

I complain a lot about how they should expand their guest list, but I didn't mean that they should waste time and real estate on David Brooks. It really takes a set for someone to write a book lecturing the rest of us on character. Pompous git.

I know Scarborough wants to grow up to be a Kennedy or Barnicle, but lay off the Red Sox stuff.

• Love 4

I am officially no longer a Heilemann fan.  He was on another network and called Hillary a bigot.  :)

Thank goodness Professor Eddie was there.  The only intelligent voice at 5 am.

Kellyann must now be going to Donald's hair stylist.  Her hair is the same color as his and blown dried smoother since she began manning the crazy train.

And, BTW, Hillary had a a suit of sorts and a bulletproof vest underneath from I understood.  That has to add to the overheated factor.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 7

Kellyann must now be going to Donald's hair stylist.  Her hair is the same color as his and blown dried smoother since she began manning the crazy train.

And, BTW, Hillary had a a suit of sorts and a bulletproof vest underneath from I understood.  That has to add to the overheated factor.

The Breitbart guy has similar hair to Trump's as well. Is it some Satanic Hair pact they're all in?   

I thought HRC looked a little "bulky" when they were getting her into that SUV. Good Lord, I've have melted in a pool of sweat right there. 

Mika's turtleneck sweater was giving me a case of mad itches. I was getting a rash just looking at her. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mumbles said:

It was the morning, but whatever. (Shrug)

I complain a lot about how they should expand their guest list, but I didn't mean that they should waste time and real estate on David Brooks. It really takes a set for someone to write a book lecturing the rest of us on character. Pompous git.

I know Scarborough wants to grow up to be a Kennedy or Barnicle, but lay off the Red Sox stuff.

David Brooks comes across as snobby to me. However, he did admit that he was willing to travel outside NYC to see how people in "flyover country" lived. He admitted he was underestimating Trump's support for the past 15 months.

Last week, they mentioned that Barnicle's wife was one of the most powerful women in banking. She is vice chair of Bank of America. Wow!. I always thought that Barnicle wrote from a "South- Boston" working class perspective. He always talks about kitchen table discussions.

Hillary getting overheated while wearing a bullet proof vest makes sense. Do all Presidential Candidates have to wear a vest? She does look a bit bulky in some of her appearances.

12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Hillary getting overheated while wearing a bullet proof vest makes sense. Do all Presidential Candidates have to wear a vest? She does look a bit bulky in some of her appearances.

I think we don't talk about these details, it's impolitic.  That said, I'm pretty sure the tRump campaign made sure that everyone knows that he's wearing one after he got bum-rushed a couple times during rallies.

• Love 1

Wow!. I always thought that Barnicle wrote from a "South- Boston" working class perspective. He always talks about kitchen table discussions.

You're not crazy, that is certainly his shtick. But the truth is he's not from Southie or Charlestown; he has lived for decades in the wealthiest town in Massachusetts and his kids have all gone to expensive prep schools. Which aren't crimes (until the revolution comes!) but certainly make him a phony. That, and the fact that he is a plagiarist and a fabulist. 

Barnicle started out as a screenwriter. So he's used to creating "characters" and "dialogue", including his own.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

You're not crazy, that is certainly his shtick. But the truth is he's not from Southie or Charlestown; he has lived for decades in the wealthiest town in Massachusetts and his kids have all gone to expensive prep schools. Which aren't crimes (until the revolution comes!) but certainly make him a phony. That, and the fact that he is a plagiarist and a fabulist. 

Barnicle started out as a screenwriter. So he's used to creating "characters" and "dialogue", including his own.

I looked him up and he was born in Worcester. Not a very wealthy town, but more like blue collar. Where does he live now that he is so rich and successful?

Funny image of Kellyanne and Bannon  all getting hair like the Boss. Trump styles his own hair so maybe he's doing Kellyanne's now, too.

The fact of wearing a bullet proof vest under a suit, in that crowd, overheating you makes a lot of sense. I hope that will get out there.

And good for Joe for not going to town over "deplorables".  If you think the candidate says racist, sexist xenophobic, Islamaphobic hateful things on a regular basis (to great, enthusiastic cheers from his crowds)--all of which is well documented, as is his positioning of the white nationalist alt-right at the top of his campaign (Bannon and Bossie) why shouldn't his supporters be held responsible for the things he says, too?  She didn't say she didn't care about them or wouldn't try to be a good president. 

She said they believe in the things their candidate is saying.  That kind of seems inarguable, doesn't it?

• Love 6

Not sure if it's appropriate to link, but Barnicle maintains a website on himself (eyeroll) and links several articles that identify his town. In some he talks about his big shot banker wife. He also bad-mouths Boston a lot. Which is funny because he relies on it so heavily for his shtick. His website is his name dot com.

• Love 2

Mika & Joe are wearing matching light blue & navy blue sweaters. Joe's sweater had to go to the dry cleaners because he spilled some fish & chips on it while he was in the UK.

Mika was getting hysterical about Trump in the first 5 minutes of the show. Joe was imitating Oliver Twist. cackles is there.

Mika acknowleged the secrecy over Hillary's health has hurt the campaigned.

Mika was excited that Hillary's web page had more policy proposals & more words than Trump's.

Joe started a long rant about the deplorables. Trump has t shirts & brings the deplorables up to speak at his campaign.

Joe said Hillary shouldn't attack 25% of the electorate.

Sam Stein said he got anti semitic email.

The panel was upset that Pence wouldn't call David Duke deplorable.

• Love 3

Does anyone else get dizzy watching Harold Ford try to be all things to all parties and people?  I wish he'd pick a damn side, I don't find him to be honorable when he practically defends someone like Mike Pence not being willing to call David Duke.  He was also way too quick to defend Colin Powell when presented with clear evidence by Conason.

• Love 6

I love how Joe waits until Conason leaves the set and can't defend his side of the argument to dig out press reports *which can be wrong and/or seeming to show something that was not proven* because Conason had the audacity to disagree with Joe and not back down. Pretty slimey, Joe. You have a daily TV program that is not *yours* literally -- it's the public TV airwaves -- and you shouldn't get to use it to wait until someone leaves before trying to refute their points and give them no opportunity to respond.

• Love 4

Conason is now on twitter citing the pages of his book which deals with Joe's "point." That's what happens when you get into an argument with someone who has a two-three hour morning show and can wait until you leave to finish the argument in their own favor.

Edited by Nidratime
  • Love 1

Mika & Joe are wearing matching light blue & navy blue sweaters. Joe's sweater had to go to the dry cleaners because he spilled some fish & chips on it while he was in the UK.

Why did Mika have one of Joe's ties around her neck? Is this the human equivalent of  the old dorm room signal - "if this trailer's rockin' don't come a knockin?" 

• Love 1

My last two posts have disappeared so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Yesterday's show:  I was late getting up, didn't DVR it, but when I saw KellyAnne was coming up I turned off the TV.  Surprised to hear the panel  held her to the fire.  I find conversations with her are like:

Moderator:  Welcome and Good Morning

KellyAnne:  Yes it is a good morning and it will be even better once Donald is in the White House.

Moderator:  Isn't it nice weather we're having.

KellyAnne:  Yes it is thanks to Trump and you'll see even better days after he's elected.

I just can't watch her.

Today's Show.  Joe once again showed how full of himself he is.  He cuts off Sam Stein who was talking about the horrible antiSemetic emails he's getting to talk about NOTHING could be worse than the emails he (Joe) got in 2008.  I was only half listening during the discussion with the Bill Clinton author but my ears picked up when the guy said Joe was WRONG!  He did seem to have an answer for everything Joe was saying.  And then for Joe to not let it go after the guy left - I thought the tweet or whatever Joe read from the Washington Post agreed with the other guy.  I'm not versed on the issue so I don't know what is really the truth. 

• Love 5

Joe Klein is no better and no worse than Joe Conason. Maybe they should both be invited on to discuss the book together, without interruption. (I know, dream on!) That being said, what Scarborough did was slimey. If he was going to have his morning show researchers pull out information reported by others to refute what Conason said (which it really did not) he should have invited Conason to stay on for another segment, so that he could respond to what Scarborough was offering up. Instead, Scarborough pulls this out after the guy leaves, and then says he's going to keep hammering on it the entire show. This is one example of why we have such lousy politics in this country. It's not a discussion to get to the truth -- if it can be gotten to -- it's a one upmanship.

• Love 10

Yeah and there is something really shitty about not having the nuts to call out a guy when he's there but then spend a good chunk of time doing so when he's gone.

Odd that they mentioned Barnacle's wife and her bank ties again on the show. That's like twice in the past two weeks after years of silence.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, NextIteration said:

Does anyone else get dizzy watching Harold Ford try to be all things to all parties and people?  I wish he'd pick a damn side, I don't find him to be honorable when he practically defends someone like Mike Pence not being willing to call David Duke.  He was also way too quick to defend Colin Powell when presented with clear evidence by Conason.

I cannot stand Harold Ford and I'm convinced he votes Republican far more often than Democrat. I hate seeing him represented as a Democrat when he is so mealy-mouthed in his support and changes on a dime to a more conservative position if, it seems to me, it might benefit him in some way. Maybe he's out of politics now, but it won't be forever. He's a blue dog Dem, if he's a Dem at all. I always think they're Republicans who run as Democrats only because that's where the votes are in their area/state. I guess that's why Joe might like to have him on though, skewing Democratic ideas conservatively.

• Love 6

Harold Ford strikes me as a shell of a person. He basically he inherited his father's House seat and political machine. The Dem Party establishment tried to make him into something - he was the keynote speaker at the DNC in 1996 - but it just didn't work; voters are smarter than they're given credit for. There's just no there there. And he lost me forever when he referred to Kirsten Gillebrand, a US Senator who was about his age, if not slightly older, as "young lady" in a condescending manner. 

When his daughter was born, Mika was more excited and gushy about it than he was. Dead behind the eyes. And a Wall Street shill.

• Love 3

When I watched Conason this morning, I was blown away at how much leeway he was getting.  There seemed a lack of standard resistance and bloviation (I tuned in perhaps midway through his appearance?).  It was confusing.  They had on a guest who wasn't admitting under pressure the Clinton's are the worst people on earth??  I saw him speak to Sam Stein for about 4 uninterrupted minutes, and answer questions from others (save for an interruption from Harold Ford, that was... odd.  As hell.).
But as the conversation was wrapping up, Mika again harps on her pet meme, "Knowing Your Value," otherwise known as Mrs Clinton's speaking fees.  [paraphrasing all] "What about those speaking fees to Wall Street?  What about those?" 
He said "You know they're not bribes, right?" 
And Mika said, "Yes, of course, but you see how it looks.  It's bad." 
And I think he just looked at her.  This recurring theme that she spoke to financial organizations, and got paid less than men who speak to the same organizations, and it's somehow "bad," makes my blood boil.  She is powerful, Mika, you fucking twit.  She can make introductions.  It's PERFECTLY FAIR that she introduce a power broker to a power broker, OR NOT.  It's certainly fair to tell them they're doing a bang up job, that America kicks ass and Wall Street can make it better, that trends show X, Y, Z in A, B, C sectors and thank you all for your time.  (There's your wall street speech,  you all owe me $350,000)
It's how the world fucking works.  She certainly wouldn't be knowing her value if she didn't collect a handsome fee from the wealthiest businesses in the world.  Trump got paid 3x as much as Hillary, but... hey.  Why doesn't Mika donate her time and influence?
She IS powerful.  She IS connected.  She IS influential.  She IS ambitious.  She IS connected to Wall Street.  There are very powerful people speaking today, tomorrow, yesterday to Wall St banks, Mika dear.  You outraged?  Joe, there is a Secretary of State right now sending and receiving emails.  Is his server secure?  The outrage seems selective.

And then, this...
https://twitter.com/joeconason
Awesome!!  A Morning Joe guest swinging and connecting haymakers to Joe's chin, and, he's re-tweeting ugly cheap shots from other peoples' accounts!  Ha!!

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 9

But as the conversation was wrapping up, Mika again harps on her pet meme, "Knowing Your Value," otherwise known as Mrs Clinton's speaking fees.  [paraphrasing all] "What about those speaking fees to Wall Street?  What about those?"

You know what I say about those speaking fees, "Thanks Hillary, for giving the government half of those earnings if not more. Since we all have been able to see that you pay your taxes."  Even though the republican led congress won't use your money to help rebuild our infrastructure and fix our roads, highways, tunnels, and bridges.  Thanks for contributing some of your big bucks to the collective pot. She shared the wealth, enough said.

I'm still waiting to see what Donald has contributed.

Edited by represent
  • Love 9

Pulitzer Prize winning David Cay Johnston keeps appearing on every other MSNBC widely rated broadcasts discussing Trump's tax situation, repeatedly, is anyone else shocked that he's never appeared on MJ?  I'm not, they will only go so far in dissing Trump.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Harold Ford strikes me as a shell of a person. He basically he inherited his father's House seat and political machine. The Dem Party establishment tried to make him into something - he was the keynote speaker at the DNC in 1996 - but it just didn't work; voters are smarter than they're given credit for. There's just no there there. And he lost me forever when he referred to Kirsten Gillebrand, a US Senator who was about his age, if not slightly older, as "young lady" in a condescending manner. 

When his daughter was born, Mika was more excited and gushy about it than he was. Dead behind the eyes. And a Wall Street shill.

I think Harold Ford Jr is on the show because he served with Joe with Congress. He blew up his chances to win the democratic nomination for Senate by flying over NYC in a helicopter.

I think he was criticized for marrying a white woman by some in the AA community.

Wasn't he being considered to be Hillary's VP in 2008?

Wednesday recap. Today is a memorable day. Joe's navy fleece has returned! Mika is wearing a T Shirt & her unitarian Minister Scarf. They are mocking Trump as the Lion King. The panel was in awe of Obama's campaigning for Obama.

Mika is talking about Know your Values summits & how women should speak up for themselves. The panel is trying to give Hillary advice on the emails. It's quite amusing.

Jim VanderHei is on the panel as well. Cackles was being secretive about Hillary's child care plan.

• Love 5

Oh, good grief.

They replayed the $2.-for-a-gallon-of-gas part of Obama's speech and included the, Thanks, Obama!, quip and Joe paused before saying, "Did he just say 'thanks Obama'?" and proceeded to criticize that. At least Mika and Barnicle (i think) were able to 'splain that it's called irony.

I knew someone would take exception to that, imho, funny quip but figured it would be KAC or another surrogate.

Thanks, Joe! :::eyeroll:::

• Love 3

Does Joe have to talk over MIka every time she is trying to read the news? My husband and I have a rule that if we want to talk to each other, we mute or pause the TV so we can give our full attention to each other and also because it's hard to listen to 2 voices at one time. Does Joe think he is really that funny and clever that he just can't wait 30 seconds to regale us with his wit?  He is so disrespectful!  Mika needs to know her value and tell Joe to shut up!

• Love 11

Mika is talking about Know your Values summits & how women should speak up for themselves. The panel is trying to give Hillary advice on the emails. It's quite amusing.

Yeah that was totally eye-rolly. Hillary Clinton knows her value.  In fact,  likemany of Mila's rich white women friends to whom that campaign is directed, overstates it if anything. You can't run for president - twice - without a healthy sense of self-esteem, male or female.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, oakville said:

Amusing?  Try downright hysterical!  I can't believe a woman who chooses to be in a whatever-it-is with Joe would have the cheek to mouth the words, "know your value."

Meek-a knows her value so much that she continually allows herself to be disrespected on national TV.  Maybe there's some value in that.  I mean, how does that look?  It looks bad.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Me too!

I read the post w/o having MJ on and cracked up when I saw it.

Perfect, @oakville!

My pleasure! Mika has a history of wearing scarves, but she usually compliments it with a nice dress. The T shirt & Scarf didn't work. I wish Mika would let Joe's poor wardrobe choices wouldn't extend to her.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Amusing?  Try downright hysterical!  I can't believe a woman who chooses to be in a whatever-it-is with Joe would have the cheek to mouth the words, "know your value."

Meek-a knows her value so much that she continually allows herself to be disrespected on national TV.  Maybe there's some value in that.  I mean, how does that look?  It looks bad.

Yes, it was funny. I wish I had a sarcasm font. Joe was very rude to Mika today when they discussed Obama playing golf at elite courses. Mika said O' c'mon & Joe  went into a long rant. Joe doesn't like Obama playing golf at elite courses.

I would be shocked if Mika gave any more Values speeches. It would be too awkward for her to lecture women on appropriate office behavior after what has happened with Joe.

Thursday Recap. Joe is off. Mika is wearing a navy blue top. Donnie,Halperin & Barnicle are there. Mika is very upset the poll are showing Trump "ahead by 5 in Ohio". Mika can't believe it. Mika didn't like Trump going on Dr Oz. Donnie said it's a circus how he is teasing his medical records. Josh Green said the pro clinton areas of Oho are not as enthusiastic. Donnie wanted to know if Trump has erectile dysfunction. Mika got flustered & her friends started texting her on the air with "OMG". Donnie is the voice of outrage today. He's furious that Trump's business dealings aren't getting more attention.

Mika said she is writing a book? about women speaking up for themselves. LOL!

The next topic is if Trump wins, he would have to do more than a blind trust for his companies. The kids could mange it but they are not independent.

Donnie is upset that Trump lies fast food.

Donnie said Trump will brag a lot about leading in the polls.

• Love 5

Yes, it was funny. I wish I had a sarcasm font. Joe was very rude to Mika today when they discussed Obama playing golf at elite courses. Mika said O' c'mon & Joe  went into a long rant. Joe doesn't like Obama playing golf at elite courses.

Maybe he should just pick out a Par 3 course in Baltimore to play at. Would that make Joe happy?  

• Love 2