Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe and Mika were quite excited about the studies coming out of Iceland, showing the benefits of a four-day work week.  Then they realized this would increase their work week. 🤣

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Monday mini recap.

The show opened with a clip of Trump supporting the January 6th riot. Trump said it was peaceful.

Joe started ranting about Trump being happy after the riot.

Mika is dressed for Halloween with her orange sweater.

Joe mocked Cubans for supporting Castro's worker paradise.

Joe said people should be released from tyranny.

Ed Luce is still at his parents home. Ed`s parents don`t care about soccer.

Ed said it was predictable that England would lose on penalties.

Joe said his son watched the game with him.

Lemire said the Yankees blew a 6 run lead.

Morning Joe is competing with ESPN for more sports content.

Joe said that England made a mistake in putting kids in for the penalty kicks. There are attacks on the kids for missing the penalty kick.

The video footage of the riot is very disturbing.

Ed Luce complained about Maria Bartiromo's interview with Trump.

She used to work for CNBC.

Joe wants judges to issue tough prison sentences for sedition.

• Love 4

Bikk Karins discussed the flooding in the East & the droughts in the West.

Mika said people in Cuba are upset about food shortages. She read the TelePrompter without struggling except for the word "food".

Joe read from the TelePrompter about  news from Haiti.

Joe is worried about the USA sending troops to Haiti. Luce said Haiti is a mess.

• Love 4

Ed Luce does not support Boris Johnson getting rid of the mask mandates in the UK.

Ed's friends that are fully vaccinated are getting Covid in the past few weeks. 

They aren't being hospitalized.

Joe was surprised at the UK's high vaccination rate.

• Love 5
(edited)

this morning in people who weren't invited to comment ----> Cuban Americans! and Haitian Americans! (many of whom actually work for MSNBC, just saying...!) to comment on Cuba, and Haiti and the...."worker's paradise", quotation Joe, snarking unhelpfully on a complex situation he knows f-all about *headdesk* *insert Dr B gif here*

At least we got a direct! report! about soccer! from expatriate Ed Luce's nominally English but non-soccer-fan countryside parents, riveting close-enough almost on the ground reporting!! 🥴 Though visually the gorgeous music room is still A+, Ed baby, your parents are badass decorators and book collectors, but you're still overall aspirational, just saying.

3 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika is dressed for Halloween with her orange sweater.

i loved loved loved this, it was weird and interesting. Weirdness is always good. Always. Weirdness!! and colors!! and light!!! is the creative third way between dark oppressive patriarchy and bright sexualized Fox News-ery, and it just basically says f-you to both sides. I'm here for it. Also orange is the color of the anti-gun violence campaign 

i'm with Mika on the soccer, not only were there white-outfit dudes and blue outfit-dudes, there was a green-outfit dude, a yellow-outfit dude and TWO PINK DUDES, all of whom were obviously cheerleaders, or something. IT WAS CONFUSING, SO STFU JOE.

i don't generally like sports, but I do like happy and alive and celebratory stuff, and I would like soccer if something actually f-ing happened every now and then?? is it just me? I was dragged to a party thingy and we waited and waited and waited, and it got vaguely interesting in the last 15 minutes, but that was it....like what even is the structure, I don't get it, why is there so much dull-ass waiting and dead time in this where nothing even happens???

Where I was everyone was happy bc it was like 60% Italian Americans there 😂 lmao ( altho obviously I also have a soft spot for the English) Buuut overall the afterparty was way more fun than the actual thing, idk, the game itself was slooooooow af, at least for the uninitiated. It's so funny and even ironic that Roger Bennett is like the most weird and interesting and creative ambassador for a sport that in real life kinda....drags on? idk. Tell me I'm wrong, my foray into this was limited 🥴

ETA: good luck with the pickleball game Oakville!! Kick some ass!!!!!!!

Edited by neona
  • Love 2

Mika: Joe YELLED at me during the match!

Joe: no...I would never never ever do that...

Mika: I thought the HOUSE was going to come down he was really mad!

Joe: WHO THE HELL COMES IN AND ASKS (singsong voice) 'honeeey do we want the ball to go in or not to go in?' WHO THE HELL DOES THAT??

This was my recollection of the conversation this morning, anyway. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Joe and Meeka...this century's version of Ozzie and Harriet; Fred and Ethel; Archie and Edith.  Apparently Meeka does not mind Joe making her out to be a complete airhead.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Joe and Meeka...this century's version of Ozzie and Harriet; Fred and Ethel; Archie and Edith.  Apparently Meeka does not mind Joe making her out to be a complete airhead.  

I'm telling ya - he sounded really sweet when he was saying that he'd never tell Mika to be quiet. And then he SNAPPED.

Does anyone know what the deal was with all the pictures of Mika when they went to commercials? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Mika.  It is the middle of summer.  Much of the country is finally coming out of a national funk.  Please stop with the black.  You are not Rachel.  The black does not make you look smarter.

But the color and fit make The Girls pop.

• LOL 3

Tuesday mini recap.

The show opened with clips of GOP lawyers complaining about Trump's lawyers & a judge in Michigan saying Trump's claims about the election are fantastical.

• Love 1

Democrat legislators are fleeing Texas to stop a vote.

Joe was happy that Alonso won the batting title.

Mika laughed at the batter. Joe said he had a big bat when he played baseball.

Andrea Mitchell reported on the protests in Cuba.

The Cuban president blamed the USA.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Does anyone know what the deal was with all the pictures of Mika when they went to commercials? 

i love love love the adorable new one where Joe and Mika are like laughing with Jimmy Carter & Rosalynn and Madeleine Albright....reminds me of the time when the show was about actual human connections, laughter, living and breathing politics and stuff  *cries*

dude, is it just me or....are they now re-running these MSNBC news clips from like the night before? depending on when I get home, I watch either Joy, or Rachel, or Brian. And I coulda sworn I saw some of the uhhh report thingies today last night?? what even? since when did they copy stuff from the night before, what even is the point of that? ymmv but I don't watch this show for news summaries, which I get elsewhere, I watch it for crazy-ass off the cuff news commentary. Siiiiigh.

Willie looked cute today. he changed his hair or sth. it was cute. I don't like tho that when Willie is back Joe just excludes Mika from all the conversations again. *insert i-hate-the-boxes rant here* it's always like, "sooo, Willie...." and Mika is kept awol 90% of the time. Ugh

• Love 1
(edited)

also, Joe went on a long-ass Facebook rant again, and yes, ok, i'm kinda with him, it's totally justified....

but dude, he's made this *exact same STUNNINGLY SUPERFICIAL speech* a gazillion times! Let's smash Facebook into a million pieces etc etc!!

ok!!! but also, how do we do that? Could you maybe bring some anti-trust lawyers on to explain how that could be done, and what the obstacles are, and why it hasn't been done already? Some First Amendment lawyers to explain what the constitutional issues might be? Some tech experts to explain what the practical issues are? Some experts who might propose nuanced and detailed and comprehensive solutions? 

Sometimes the country lawyer schtick is almost insulting to country lawyers, because at least country lawyers are smart and humble and know when they need a timeout to do actual research and catch up on shit

Edited by neona
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, neona said:

Sometimes the country lawyer schtick is almost insulting to country lawyers, because at least country lawyers are smart and humble and know when they need a timeout to do actual research and catch up on shit

Like figuring out racism exists in Europe?

Yikes on bikes Eugene had the patience of a saint during that segment.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Good grief. Meeka started on a report regarding the kidnapping plot by Iranian operatives of a female Iranian journalist. In New York. This was not breaking news, so the story was prepared by someone in the studio. Meaning, surely, that Meeka would have had some knowledge of the “Who” beforehand. Thankfully Richard Haas did the actual talking, because Our Girl mangled the journalist’s name so badly in the intro that it was embarrassing. This goes way beyond the usual mispronunciations - it is insulting to the journalist. By someone on a major news channel.

• Love 4
(edited)

I just watch the interview with the authors of An Ugly Truth.

Fuck you Joe for both side-ising Black Lives Matters and the Boogaloo Boys.

Seriously, fuck you!

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

Good grief. Meeka started on a report regarding the kidnapping plot by Iranian operatives of a female Iranian journalist. In New York. This was not breaking news, so the story was prepared by someone in the studio. Meaning, surely, that Meeka would have had some knowledge of the “Who” beforehand. Thankfully Richard Haas did the actual talking, because Our Girl mangled the journalist’s name so badly in the intro that it was embarrassing. This goes way beyond the usual mispronunciations - it is insulting to the journalist. By someone on a major news channel.

i'm not usually bothered by pronunciation mishaps but yeah, this particular one was kinda bad, in context 🥴 

I always wondered about the process of all this, like why isn't there some way they can give Mika scripts a lil earlier or something so she can read through and identify these issues b4 the actual show? any tee-vee ppl on here who can explain how it all works?? do they write these texts as they go along, or?

I kinda missed Joe today. Yeah, yeah, i know, Stockholm Syndrome 😂

I thought Mika and Willie did well, but they both always seem a lil tense and stressed. It's sad bc on the old humans around the table version of MJ the two of them actually used to have a fun and cute rapport and relationship, like between themselves, independent of Joe dominating everything? We were talking about the go-to-break stills and there used to be a hilarious cute one of Willie hugging Mika with this weirdo telenovela villain moustache, heh. Now they both seem detached and awkward, idk.

The conversation with Carine was....f-ing alarming, to say the least, and I'm trying so damn hard not to swear here. She said they want to....go back to the past, on the filibuster? Whaaaaaaaaa...?

Wtf kind of naive bubble are they in, this is scary AF!!!! Does the White House not realize that if they can't get voting rights done, nothing, literally nothing else actually matters??

whyyyyy are they being all evasive and cutesy about an existential fight for democracy *primal scream*

Edited by neona
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, neona said:

The conversation with Carine was....f-ing alarming, to say the least, and I'm trying so damn hard not to swear here. She said they want to....go back to the past, on the filibuster? Whaaaaaaaaa...?

She did not do a good job today. I like Karine Jean Pierre overall, but she didn't bring her best today. She seemed tentative and just babbled a lot of nonsense.

The reality is, there's not a whole lot the White House can do that they're not already doing. They need to nod to bipartisanship publicly, but, as was said on the show (or maybe it was a different show), they are applying pressure privately. Calling out Manchin and Sinema publicly is only going to get them to harden their stance. I believe a lot of this is theater - well, at least with Manchin anyway. They need to go through the motions of "trying everything to be bipartisan" so they can legitimately in the end throw their hands up and say, "Well, we tried, so yeah, we need to reform the filibuster."

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

She did not do a good job today. I like Karine Jean Pierre overall, but she didn't bring her best today. She seemed tentative and just babbled a lot of nonsense.

The reality is, there's not a whole lot the White House can do that they're not already doing. They need to nod to bipartisanship publicly, but, as was said on the show (or maybe it was a different show), they are applying pressure privately. Calling out Manchin and Sinema publicly is only going to get them to harden their stance. I believe a lot of this is theater - well, at least with Manchin anyway. They need to go through the motions of "trying everything to be bipartisan" so they can legitimately in the end throw their hands up and say, "Well, we tried, so yeah, we need to reform the filibuster."

i like Karine, too, and apologies for misspelling her name. I honestly missed her and she was awesome on MJ, and I do understand she was just doing her job...

i don't agree tho that they have to nod to bipartisanship publicly. I've seen graphs on Rachel etc where in West Virginia, an overwhelming number of actual voters support voting rights - so who are all these voters who supposedly pay attention to and value and worship remote abstract shit like bipartisanship and procedural rules? Are there actual voters out there who will think to themselves, "I like this Manchin dude, because I identify with his efforts to preserve the filibuster?" Please. Normal humans don't even know what the filibuster is, and they.don't.care.

They care about actual real life results. I wish the tee-vee people would actually be honest about this stuff and where it's coming from. The theater is exhausting, and counter-productive, and the lack of urgency is goddamn dangerous *cries*

ETA: Here is the segment Rachel did w West Virginia polls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psyKZ9mBnTc

Edited by neona
  • Love 3
(edited)

Eliot & Kemper, i hope I didn't come across as dismissive above, tbh I often learn much much more from you guys on here than the actual show, mainly bc we are all smarter, and more interesting and more diverse etc 😂

buuut tbh I'm so confused about the actual real life situation in West Virginia.... they voted overwhelmingly for DJT and yet also elected Manchin??? which yes, is a f-ing miracle, what even. But then also there's the polls from Rachel re voting rights and infrastructure etc, vs general anecdotal stories about what they all actually prefer. It's all so muddled. But without Voting Rights what even is  Joe Manchin's future? Doesn't he realize the general f-ery will eventually catch up to him and be used to kick his ass out of office? Doesn't he realize this is his moment to be brave and nothing else he ever does in his life will matter? This is literally it, his moment to be in history books, and he doesn't even realize it. I just can't with all the short-term thinking, siiiiiiigh

I feel like i've been whining and complaining a lot today, so I wanna say the Daniel Silva segment was awesome, with Jeremy just being allowed to freely interject etc.....I love when they just basically let smart people....talk. 

Edited by neona

did everyone else's corner clock disappear?? wtf?? damnit msnbc, I need that thing so as to NOT BE LATE FOR WORK gaaaaaaaaaah

it annoys me how weirdly condescending they all are of Olivia Rodrigo? she's talented and literally just trying to use her fame to do a good thing?

• Love 2
23 hours ago, neona said:

i'm not usually bothered by pronunciation mishaps but yeah, this particular one was kinda bad, in context

And I'm not one to defend Mika, but Rachel has a very annoying habit of announcing she doesn't know how to pronounce someone's name and then gives it a wild shot, giggling the whole time.  She is a Rhodes Scholar, FFS, but if she (and Mika) can't be bothered to research it themselves, they each have very capable staffs who could find out how to say someone's name before they go on the air. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/msnbc-streaming-expansion-mika-brzezinski-nicolle-wallace-1235020330/

ok but Rashida Jones, if you're taking requests for new shows and stuff....please can we have a show where Joe and Mika are in the same room and actually talking to each other like normal humans?? If *that* was on Peacock, i'd watch it.

It's literally all we want, but apparently it's impossible, even though rumor has it they live in the same house. 😭 Can we crowdfund a better camera or something, like what would it take to get them back together again??? i would pay actual money

I know a lot of you guys don't like Mika, but I like her and i'm always kinda rooting for her, but man oh man it's hard sometimes, like I don't understand why she's always self-sabotaging...?? every time she's solo hosting and has a chance to really knock it out of the park, she inexplicably shows up kinda bored and depressed and sometimes even unprepared, and it's like nooooo she's so much better than this, I *know* she can do better! 

Honestly my impression of her from the old roundtable version of MJ was a kinda warm, kooky, funny, inclusive, creative type of person, but now in the boxes it's like she deliberately clamps down and strips herself of all the interesting parts of her personality and it's like whyyyyyy?? what even is that strategy? what is this new obsession with dark aesthetics, on a morning show? why does she now make things rushed and stressed? why does she stop welcoming guests? etc etc *headdessk* Why doesn't she take advantage of these Joe-less episodes to actually shine and spread some light and be herself?? gaah.

Obviously i will give this new thing a try but tbh they've kinda lost their way in terms of emphasizing and promoting what their *actual strengths* are vs what they perceive them to be....

ETA: just realized there's already an interesting discussion about this underway on the Hosts thread ---> plz ignore me and go over there!!

Edited by neona
  • Love 4

Thursday mini recap. Joe is off today.

Mika is wearing a black top with a cross logo. She wore an orange one yesterday. Perhap, it is Mika's halloween wardrobe.

Mika was very upset about the rumors that Trump wanted to order the military to keep him in power. Milley was planning to put barricades against Trump supporters attacking the inauguration.

Mik did a cry rant at 6 27 am , about people not being vaccinated. The delta variant is infecting more people in the USA.

The show is now using more clips from last nights NBC Evening News.

It's a good strategy because it reduces the amount of reading or talking that Mika has to do on the show.

• Love 5

Mika is shouting about people not being vaccinated.

I remember when the pandemic started, Mika complained that when she took  her mom to the hospital for some medical tests, the hospitals were allowing people with coronavirus in the same sections of the hospital where her mom was being tested.

There was a commercial for Botox at 6 31 am, with a younger version of Mika advocating for BoTox.

• LOL 2

What's the deal with Mika spending most of the show this morning with her arms crossed in what appeared to be a confrontational stance?  Between the black clothing and the crossed arms, she just comes across as angry.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Linda956 said:

What's the deal with Mika spending most of the show this morning with her arms crossed in what appeared to be a confrontational stance?  Between the black clothing and the crossed arms, she just comes across as angry.

I noticed that as well. Mika is probably upset that Joe didn't empty the dishwasher last night. He also didn't pick up the ice cream that she ordered from the local store. Mika gave Joe 2 days off to do these chores and he has yet to get them done. I heard crashing noise of the fridge or dishwasher being closed around the 6 20 am segment. Joe should do a better job of keeping quiet while Mika is on set.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I have too much to do today but I'm going to be obsessed as to what happened with Kasie. She seemed sad when she made the announcement at the end of her show today. She did a KYV mention during her goodbye, and Mika is semi-shrieking about it during MJ, but they're not giving details.

Kasie did much better dramatic readings from the Rucker / Loennig book today.

17 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika gave Joe 2 days off to do these chores and he has yet to get them done. I heard crashing noise of the fridge or dishwasher being closed around the 6 20 am segment. Joe should do a better job of keeping quiet while Mika is on set.

Three! We're now at three days off! I know the tinnitus is a big issue but the dude's name is in the title - maybe address why he's not there.

I love Claire's anger but it usually makes me crave pound cake.

• Love 8

Meeka is trying her very best to be a Deserving Host of a Cable News Show. During the discussion on covid misinformation being spread by certain media outlets she was shrill, strident, bordering on hysterical. She accused Facebook of killing people; can’t remember her exact words but that was the gist. 

I wonder if Katie is getting her own show on Peacock? Or she will be the new cohost of MJ if Meeka leaves; Meeka will be juggling two high profile jobs. I kid.

• LOL 3
11 minutes ago, oakville said:
I am surprised that Kasie is leaving the network.

3 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Meeka is trying her very best to be a Deserving Host of a Cable News Show. During the discussion on covid misinformation being spread by certain media outlets she was shrill, strident, bordering on hysterical. She accused Facebook of killing people; can’t remember her exact words but that was the gist. 

I wonder if Katie is getting her own show on Peacock? Or she will be the new cohost of MJ if Meeka leaves; Meeka will be juggling two high profile jobs. I kid.

After the KYV mention, my first thought was yay they're moving her to MJ. But Mika's reaction (and the article oakville posted) don't fit. Mika's 'I'm proud of you' made me think this was a $$/respect issue (#kyv!), but maybe its more personal? I think 1/6 had a profound effect on her.

As much as Mika's inflections bug me I do appreciate that she didn't have Fenway Joe in her ear today re covid. Although I still don't understand the continued imaginings that Trump will promote the vaccines.

• Love 3

This is just speculation, but it is clear that Kasie was very traumatized by what happened on January 6. She talks about it a lot. I wonder if she just kind of got to the point where she couldn’t do it anymore.

Hat tip to Meeks this morning. She struggled to pronounce “flash flooding,” but she eventually choked it out.

• Love 4
(edited)

I haven't been watching or posting but I just saw Kasie's announcement on a news blog.   I am really shocked by Kasie's departure from MSNBC.  She seemed to me to be the wave of the future at MSNBC.  It's a big loss for Morning Joe, since she was a likeable and well-known substitute for JoMika.

Edited since I saw Cased's post.   She'll be on streaming at CNN.  Kind of sounds like she's dropping out of daily news, which makes sense with a young child.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

The question is where is she headed?   I wouldn't bet on CNN since their ratings are worse than MSNBC.  Maybe CBS?  Fox has tons of money, bit I wouldn't bet on that unless they gave her a nice mom-friendly time slot and a nanny allowance.

According to the link posted above by Oakville, she is going to CNN as part of their streaming strategy. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, chick binewski said:

After the KYV mention, my first thought was yay they're moving her to MJ. But Mika's reaction (and the article oakville posted) don't fit. Mika's 'I'm proud of you' made me think this was a $$/respect issue (#kyv!), but maybe its more personal? I think 1/6 had a profound effect on her.

As much as Mika's inflections bug me I do appreciate that she didn't have Fenway Joe in her ear today re covid. Although I still don't understand the continued imaginings that Trump will promote the vaccines.

From Variety ; "CNN is trying to hire dozens of people to help fuel its move into the streaming arena, and one person familiar with the matter said Hunt was offered an annual salary of between $1 million and $1.5 million that NBC News felt it simply could not match. This person suggested that Hunt could play a pivotal role in CNN’s streaming efforts, appearing online at moments of great national importance, such as during presidential elections."

I am shocked that MSNBC couldn't match CNN's salary offer. They pay Mika $7.5 million to do far less work from the home based studio on Morning Joe. Kasie doesn't stumble over the TelePrompter & is respectful to guests from both political parties. She also gave viewers a break from having to watch Chuck Todd when she filled in for him on MTP.

• Love 9

That article also called Mika a "top anchor"...in the same breath as Rachel. Puleeeeeze.

Mika is just morose. Her sullen attitude is not how I want to welcome my day. All of these announcements the last day or two are refreshing. To make her disappear to Peacock would be lovely. She can charm all of her elitist girlfriends with stories of other elitist women. I wouldn't miss her a bit. She can read from a script of easy words and not have to try to pretend she knows what's happening in the real world. I tuned in to her crossed arms, black sweater and furrowed brow...and heard her spit out Trump...and clicked off. But not before she introduced the guests...her whole persona changes when she mentions Donnie; what flirts they are. Kasie has always been meh to me. Maybe because I only see her with the MJ crowd; all a bunch of downers. Maybe she'll come alive on CNN...but I'll never know as won't watch streaming news.

I don't feel the love for Karine that some do here. She has always annoyed me (especially with saying "right" so often when talking: nails on a chalkboard to me.) Her first and only appearance as a WH spokeswoman for me was when she was trying to pass off Biden's stumble on the plane's stairs as a consequence of wind. I know they probably all colluded to have that be the statement but it made a lasting impression on me.

• Love 5

What are we missing?  Today when Kasie was thanking Meeka for being a mentor I was like yeah right. With her background how could Meeka be a role model for this women?  Don’t they see the hypocrisy?

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, jacourt said:

What are we missing?  Today when Kasie was thanking Meeka for being a mentor I was like yeah right. With her background how could Meeka be a role model for this women?  Don’t they see the hypocrisy?

I do believe that Mika recommended to the network that they hire Kasie for the Way Too Early job.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I am shocked that MSNBC couldn't match CNN's salary offer. They pay Mika $7.5 million to do far less work from the home based studio on Morning Joe. Kasie doesn't stumble over the TelePrompter & is respectful to guests from both political parties. She also gave viewers a break from having to watch Chuck Todd when she filled in for him on MTP.

Srsly, this is bloody sinful. Especially after 1/6. Kasie knows her stuff, shows up prepared and can read. 

• Love 4

Maybe Kasie will get more network respect from CNN than she did from MSNBC.  I never thought Kasie "popped" on the show with The Twins.  She may have been careful of how she presented since I am sure Said Twins would not want anyone to steal their thunder. Or look smarter than them.  I think maybe Meeka is a bit dull-witted in that she cannot think on her feet or show any kind of self-awareness.  Her Born-on-third-base entitlement is shockingly superficial.  (See what I did there?)  And the network gobbles it up.  I am sorry...my dislike for Meeka gets in the way sometimes.

I do think the job at CNN will be a good fit for Kasie.  I have to wonder about the ratings for all the shows during the day; they blur together.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

Kasie has always been meh to me. Maybe because I only see her with the MJ crowd; all a bunch of downers. Maybe she'll come alive on CNN...but I'll never know as won't watch streaming news.

Same here.  She's always been meh to me so I won't miss her and I don't watch streaming stuff either.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Kasie has always been meh to me.

I was never a big Kasie fan either; I always felt like she came from the Chuck Todd Both Sides School of Punditry. Sometimes her commentary outright annoyed me. But my opinion of her changed a bit after the Capitol insurrection; she was so obviously shaken and upset by the events it seemed like she became more human in her appearances.

• Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I love Claire's anger but it usually makes me crave pound cake.

yeh but her outrage is so damn wholesome tho. I feel like Claire is basically the Oracle in the Matrix. Not sure if she can bend spoons with her mind, but pretty sure she could do it with her bare-ass hands 😂

I am so so so so disappointed about the Kasie situation, I can't even. WTF is MSNBC even thinking??? 

It's like in the past 6-8 weeks we 1...Lost Highlemann as a regular...2...Lost Katty!! to some streaming place 3....Lost Shawna, for unexplained reasons.... 4....lost Elise Jordan, ok but she had a baby and that's a sensible reason, but omg I still miss her..... and now 5...we've apparently permanently lost Kasie, WTF even!!!

Adding all this to the shitty box format everyone hates...soo what even is the MSNBC long term strategy here??

And yeah, it also particularly sucks that 4 out of 5 of these were women, ugh.

Sooooo is the MJ guest list from now on gonna be Lemire, Lemire, and Lemire? I'm still kinda mad that we never get to see Nicolle Wallace on MJ anymore, even tho she's obviously deserving of her own show.

Idk I just wish they'd do a... *headcount* after all this re the male-female ratio, and think it through a lil....siiiigh.

Re: Kasie I also don't understand the salary thing? They said 1.5 million was too much but isn't Mika paid like 2 million? But Kasie unlike Mika did her own show and her own in-depth reporting and stuff, so why wouldn't Kasie's work be more expensive? idk how this stuff works and how much things costs but it seems totally ridiculous to me 

Edited by neona
  • Love 4

Lately the guest list is Lemire and Eugene Robinson.  I will not miss Elise Jordan but I wish her well.  Maybe she can replace Meghan McCain on The View.  

I am not really invested anymore in the on-air MSNBC personnel.  The network has their favorites who, unless they say something egregious or get caught, literally, with their pants down, they are golden.  I do enjoy tuning and and out to MJ; it is habit and fun to then come here and snark.  I watch about an hour of Nicole Wallace.  And that's it.  Same for CNN, although they do actually cover news that is not political.  If there is a major breaking story, I will tune in to the first half hour or so of Brian Williams.  He can do breaking news that is not political.  Take that, Chuck Todd, you overpaid hack.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, neona said:

yeh but her outrage is so damn wholesome tho. I feel like Claire is basically the Oracle in the Matrix. Not sure if she can bend spoons with her mind, but pretty sure she could do it with her bare-ass hands 😂

I am so so so so disappointed about the Kasie situation, I can't even. WTF is MSNBC even thinking??? 

It's like in the past 6-8 weeks we 1...Lost Highlemann as a regular...2...Lost Katty!! to some streaming place 3....Lost Shawna, for unexplained reasons.... 4....lost Elise Jordan, ok but she had a baby and that's a sensible reason, but omg I still miss her..... and now 5...we've apparently permanently lost Kasie, WTF even!!!

Adding all this to the shitty box format everyone hates...soo what even is the MSNBC long term strategy here??

And yeah, it also particularly sucks that 4 out of 5 of these were women, ugh.

Sooooo is the MJ guest list from now on gonna be Lemire, Lemire, and Lemire? I'm still kinda mad that we never get to see Nicolle Wallace on MJ anymore, even tho she's obviously deserving of her own show.

Idk I just wish they'd do a... *headcount* after all this re the male-female ratio, and think it through a lil....siiiigh.

Re: Kasie I also don't understand the salary thing? They said 1.5 million was too much but isn't Mika paid like 2 million? But Kasie unlike Mika did her own show and her own in-depth reporting and stuff, so why wouldn't Kasie's work be more expensive? idk how this stuff works and how much things costs but it seems totally ridiculous to me 

I agree that Kasie is a big loss for MSNBC & Morning Joe.

Willie acknowledged that he watched Kasie's show in order to get up to date before Morning Joe started.

Kasie has helped Mika & Joe by asking questions to their guests when Mika & Joe don't do their prep work before the show.

Mika makes approx $7.5m per year which is 7 times new Kasie's salary at CNN. 

Luckily for Mika, Joe decided not to give part of his bonus to Kasie:)

Kasie won't have to get up in the middle of night to host a show while working at CNN.

I suspect that Mika will invite Alexi MCammond on the show more often.

• Love 3