Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Kemper said:

At this point I am over all the boxes, squares, different locations, etc.  And let's not forget the rerunning of the 6:00 hour at 8:00...that is probably the most egregious thing that they get by with.  The thing is, neither is good at real news as opposed to political news.  Joe was not all that bad about the condos and buildings going up willy-nilly in the 80s. Until he had to insert himself into the story; Meeka cannot do any real news - it is beyond her capability to even read the teleprompter.  

Joe actually stayed around til 9am this morning but looked completely checked out - I don't think he even mentioned his time in congress to Gary Sinise!

I really don't understand how they get away with not being in the same location whilst bagging over $10 mil a year when they obviously have pretty full lives complete with unnecessary air travel. 

(full disclosure: I may have a pickle up my butt about this particular issue bc my job just changed to exclusively dealing with people who are apparently super stoked to bring the black lung variant over to the U.S. and are really pissed that covid tests aren't free for folks who can afford to fly to Europe.)

Because I tend to be sour when I post here I'll give Mika an enthusiastic thumbs up - she mentioned a local brewery on her IG - we went there this weekend and it was great (they had a really good charcuterie board that I'm sure she avoided like the plague). 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Yeah. I thought this last week...check her Instagram. I thought they were together at Mika's family compound for a few days and then Joe may have gone to wherever his kids are (Boston? NY? FL?) for Father's day...I think that's why she was so pissy for those few days, and why she was so poorly lit...she was alone in ME and Joe was wherever...and took the ring lights with him. Don't know their current whereabouts but I think they like the Northeastern coast blue blood vibe; summering with the elites.

Sad, isn't it? Quite frankly MSNBC should be giving her the boot. IMO, she's worn through her second, third, fourth, etc. attempts at trying to do her job professionally. 

Joe considers himself to be one of the most powerful political pundits on MSNBC. it is understandable that the network is reluctant to disclose his location for national security reasons.

Mika's struggles with reading the TelePrompter, remembering guest names & asking relevant questions could be alleviated with extra staff to support her.

The show could hire Kasie Hunt to ask questions, read the TelePrompter & give Mika a special box where she could react to the conversations by folding her arms, rolling her eyes, crying or sneering at the responses from guests. She could take a role similar to sign language interpreters at press conferences. It would be less stressful for her & the guests.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Joe & Mika still both in the mystery location (i think we concluded it's Maine??), Willie is in studio in NYC

man oh man, we're getting Cicero-Joe today, siiiiigh. he did one rambly rant in the 6 a.m. hour, then basically repeated the same rambly rant in the 7 a.m. hour lol. We geddit!! Come back soon, Fun & Friendly DC-Joe, you are missed

• Love 1
18 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said it was terrible for the Tour de France spectator to cause the crash of the cyclists.

Joe was happy that the Red Sox swept the Yankees.

Joe attended a few Red Sox games this weekend with his sons.

Perhaps Mika & Joe are in Maine or Nantucket for the week?

I believe they sold the Nantucket place. My spies on the island have not seen them around in a while.

• Love 2
(edited)
45 minutes ago, neona said:

Joe & Mika still both in the mystery location (i think we concluded it's Maine??), Willie is in studio in NYC

man oh man, we're getting Cicero-Joe today, siiiiigh. he did one rambly rant in the 6 a.m. hour, then basically repeated the same rambly rant in the 7 a.m. hour lol. We geddit!! Come back soon, Fun & Friendly DC-Joe, you are missed

Yes, I am pretty sure the mystery location is Maine, but how do you tell the difference between mystery location and Florida? They look the same to me,

Edited by cased
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, cased said:

Yes, I am pretty sure the mystery location is Maine, but how do you tell the difference between mystery location and Florida? They look the same to me,

the lighting is pretty bad, the backdrops are darker and duller. Mika's is slightly improved from what it was, but the theme of Joe's Maine setup seems to be DC in Thunderstorm!! Supreme Court & Capitol look grayer and the statue of freedom is weirdly shrouded in blue mist lol

• Love 1

It cracked me up how the entire Mayor Pete interview, that could've been substantial and covered a lot of ground, turned into a one-sided Joe-diatribe about how much Joe... hates airports...or something? ok I get the JFK hate, but *small voice* i kinda like EWR..??! or is it just that all my flights are at weirdo times when it's totally peaceful and empty?!

Eugene! was on and looking actually cute in a gray suit and he switched the Avis! quilt! back to the amazing Avis! painting!, and we are blessed...buuut also some kind-hearted tee-vee soul needs to save Eugene's marriage and ask him about her art again so he can make up for the last time, when he answered that it was a nice quilt and his wife was a nice lady and everything was nice...dude, you're a writer, know when use the freakin thesaurus LOL. She's a f-ing genius, you dumbass...and if you got some other stuff lying around, please switch it up and show uuuuus, the zoom era is a pretty unique opportunity to highlight creativity

• Love 3
1 hour ago, neona said:

It cracked me up how the entire Mayor Pete interview, that could've been substantial and covered a lot of ground, turned into a one-sided Joe-diatribe about how much Joe... hates airports...or something? ok I get the JFK hate, but *small voice* i kinda like EWR..??! or is it just that all my flights are at weirdo times when it's totally peaceful and empty?!

Eugene! was on and looking actually cute in a gray suit and he switched the Avis! quilt! back to the amazing Avis! painting!, and we are blessed...buuut also some kind-hearted tee-vee soul needs to save Eugene's marriage and ask him about her art again so he can make up for the last time, when he answered that it was a nice quilt and his wife was a nice lady and everything was nice...dude, you're a writer, know when use the freakin thesaurus LOL. She's a f-ing genius, you dumbass...and if you got some other stuff lying around, please switch it up and show uuuuus, the zoom era is a pretty unique opportunity to highlight creativity

I used to fly out of Newark when I lived in PA and I kind of liked it too!

• Love 2
(edited)

To say that Joe's rant this morning over the voting issues in New York City was bombastic would be a vast understatement.  He just would not stop...Meeka did her "girly giggle" when he constantly interrupted her.  He was at his testosterone frat boy worst.  He even interrupted Roger Bennett while he was thanking Meeka for the introduction.  And she only stumbled over one word.  So, kudos.

Edited by Kemper
Fixed the last sentence
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

wednesday shenanigans!!

joe & Mika still in maine. Joe's level of asshood somewhat reduced. somewhat. Willie awol, Eddie Glaude in the NYC studio, Katty in studio in DC (apparently she has now changed jobs?? and we still get to see her, yay)

Jonathan Lemire now so sleep-deprived, i kept expecting him to just have a meltdown, take off all his clothes & run naked thru the sprinklers on the White House lawn. 

if you missed the show, skip ahead to the 8.30 segment with Roger Bennett, who is a perfect & adorable human

• Love 2
On 6/29/2021 at 5:53 AM, neona said:

the lighting is pretty bad, the backdrops are darker and duller. Mika's is slightly improved from what it was, but the theme of Joe's Maine setup seems to be DC in Thunderstorm!! Supreme Court & Capitol look grayer and the statue of freedom is weirdly shrouded in blue mist lol

Thanks, you are definitely more observant than me. I’ll have to go back and check previous shows to see I can notice the difference. 

• Love 3

Sadly, at this point I do not care where they are broadcasting from.  Unless they can get their behinds back in the studio, regularly, they need to go.  And the ridiculous-ness of them sitting side-by-side with different backdrops is beyond bizarre.  These are two of the most pampered, spoiled, indulged people on tv right now.  The network seems to think The Twins are a ratings success and a fitting duo to lead off the news day.  What do I know...maybe they are.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sadly, at this point I do not care where they are broadcasting from.  Unless they can get their behinds back in the studio, regularly, they need to go.  And the ridiculous-ness of them sitting side-by-side with different backdrops is beyond bizarre.  

Kemper, this, a thousand times this. i will never understand it!! literally so much of the inherent weirdness of the remote shit and location trolling could be alleviated by them at least doing it together....siiiiigh

tbh guys i kinda feel like they're out for the summer, and this is it, we won't get any fun or normal shows for many many weeks *cries*.

Maybe in teh meantime we should all pick another a.m. show to watch and discuss lol. Bridgerton reruns?? Mary Beard's Empire Without Limit?? Boyega's animals of Serengeti documentary??? Some housewives thingy??? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

These are two of the most pampered, spoiled, indulged people on tv right now.  The network seems to think The Twins are a ratings success and a fitting duo to lead off the news day.  What do I know...maybe they are.

They have survived the departure of long time NBC head Andy Lack and MSNBC head Phil Griffin without having to change the show, so they must be doing something right.

It's not just friendships or incriminating photos.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think they've survived because people like me hate watch with my coffee, out of habit.   That's all.  I do find myself switching to CNN and ESPN more though, and then I check back on MSNBC to see if there's an interesting guest.

• Love 5
(edited)

thursday! shenanigans!

Willie in the Hellscape, mika in maine. Joe is off, but maybe just as well since there's so much breaking news. Elise is here!!! yay. Brigid Bergin by her lonesome self in the NYC studio

mika is super stressed, but tbh so am I, this Cosby shit is infuriating

one weird thing about Willie & Mika co-hosting like this is they never actually talk to each lol. it's like watching two parallel shows

ETA: oh, actually Elise was also in the NYC studio so Brigid mustve had company. good for Brigid. Walter Isaacson now also in the NYC studio

Edited by neona
  • Love 1
(edited)

Joe in maine today, Willie in the hellscape, Mika is off. Lemire in studio in NYC, Eugene in studio in DC, Claire in mystery hotel room sans cake

lemire was in for Kasie today, what even, when does he sleeeeeep??

Did you guys know that it's all gonna be okay, because Biden and De Santis held hands yesterday?? I heard it on the tee-vee (did they miss the whole part where their voting rights were smashed into smithereen *cries*)

But in happy news, the guest list says our High-lemann will be on today, so that's something

eta: for those wanting to skip ahead ---> his high-ness appeared at 7.05 a.m. ET, you're welcome

Edited by neona
  • Love 5

Found Harold Ford Jr.  He's a panelist on The Five.  That show is some bullshit.  Sitting at a bar eating sushi last night we read the closed captioning.  As Weisselberg was frog walked into custody on all other channels, they were screaming at each other about how liberals are causing the Air Force to not mandate pushups and running in fitness tests, that liberals make too much about Brittney Spears, and how liberals are terrified of guns.
I guess he's the new Alan Colmes or Juan Williams.

• Love 4
(edited)

All I saw this morning was a weird set up with Nina Totenberg. She looked like an apparition or some kind of hologram. You'd think all these media pros would have a handle on remote broadcasting by now. And, they should know viewers are fed up with this format. 

Edited by plumbago blues
Typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

I guess he's the new Alan Colmes or Juan Williams

Actually, he's the new Donna Brazile. He was a guest on Bret Baier's panel at least twice a week and seemed so thrilled to be back on tv. Always thanking Brett for having him on...finally, I think in May or June, he signed on as a regular contributor so now he pops up everywhere. Donna left in May, IIRC. He's the liberal but pretty low key, not shouty nor overbearing. Like on MJ, he frequently agrees with others. Did Mika "do" Donna in her KYV thing? She usually sucks up to other women in the media but I guess those from other networks (I think she's back on ABC) aren't worth the "treatment". I never watch the full show anymore...what is Mika doing now to fill her time? She snookered Forbes with her little project...who's next?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

yeah, i think she was having some technical issues lol. But at least apparition! Nina! was a lovely apparition surrounded by flowers and not in a DC thunderstorm like Joe... at the end of the show it was like...whooosh, out of the thunderstorm, to Steph!!! live on the Jersey Shore?! looking all alive & energetic... i only caught 2 mins because i had to leave, but man i miss the msnbc daytime people so much

Edited by neona
  • Love 3

This spent more time than usual yelling at the screen this week. I understand that where news has gone in the past 25 years we'd be hard-pressed to find anchors who aren't elitist. But the numerous service industry people Joe speaks with (when he's not speaking with his friends & loved ones who are Q followers, presumably) who 'can't find good workers'? Donny Deutsch talking about 'people going soft'? It's just ludicrous to me they don't explore what jobs aren't being taken and why. People had to live without for a year; perhaps they're taking stock and reassessing how they want to live - if they're in a two-income household maybe one's enough for now until Black Lung Covid passes through. Maybe living & working in NYC is a bit more challenging in 2021. Or maybe they're realizing having to go to work wearing a mask for 10-12 hours so folks like Joe & Donnie can eat & fly everywhere just isn't worth it. 

At least we figured out how to get Joe to stay til 8:59 on a Friday before a holiday - let him give a Thomas Jefferson speech. Also, Claire's future July 4th celebrations sound like a total bummer.

• Love 6

chick b..... maybe best post I have read about this show.  Entitled people (I do not mean just Meeka and Joe)...almost all of them...pontificating about the state we are in and what is wrong with America.  I will tell you one of the things that is wrong...people spouting the same trite stuff every single day.  The networks, but especially MSNBC (well, Fox does not count) are terrible at real news; with the exception of Brian Williams on breaking news. They are all quite comfortable, financially; they do not worry about how the bills get paid every month.  I cannot stand Donny D anymore; bleached teeth (I think) over-styled one percenter.  

MJ is still a show I turn on first thing to test the temperature.  Then I switch to CNN or CNBC for actual news.  There are actually times I kind of enjoy Joe; he can be funny and insightful when he is not pontificating. I never enjoy Meeka.  Sorry.

Have a great 4th everyone!  Oakville....The Canadiens need to bring it!  The fans sound great.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Have a great 4th everyone!  Oakville....The Canadiens need to bring it!  The fans sound great.

Thanks Kemper ! I have been focused on watching baseball, hockey & the Euro soccer championship lately. Unfortunately, the public health authorities will only allow 3,500 fans into the Montreal arena which normally has 21,273 seats available. There are 25,000 fans standing outside the arena closely together.

I hope Montreal win tonight!

I have today' Morning Joe on DVR, so I will try to recap it tomorrow.

It's easier to do when Mika isn't there because her struggles to read the TelePrompter are difficult to comprehend.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The USA is leaving the Bagram Air Base.

Joe said the foreign policy establishment & the Pentagon is opposed to the USA leaving Afghanistan.

The Taliban is still in Afghanistan.

• Love 2

Joe mocked Kevin McCarthy for not supporting the Jan 6th Capitol riot.

Joe said he was a true conservative.

Joe compared Liz Cheney to Margaret Thatcher in 1975.

Joe said Trumpism will die out in a few years.

Joe said Adam Kinzinger will defeat McCarthy.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe mocked Kevin McCarthy for not supporting the Jan 6th Capitol riot.

Joe said he was a true conservative.

Joe compared Liz Cheney to Margaret Thatcher in 1975.

Joe said Trumpism will die out in a few years.

Joe said Adam Kinzinger will defeat McCarthy.

I am sure he said "Conservative" in the hushed whispers.  Joe thinks of Adam Kinzinger as a Young Joe.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

At 8 30 am, Joe announced the retirement of Gonzo, who is the video & lighting director. He was an original member of Morning Joe's production team.

Mika was off camera but said she couldn't go on tv without Gonzo.

He has worked for the network for 25 years.

Willie said that dealing with Joe is like dealing with Frank Sinatra off set.

Gonzo compared Joe to George Michael.

• Love 2

Ratner & Donnie came on the show to discuss the labor markets. There were 850,000 new jobs created.

Joe is happy that unemployment benefits are expiring, so people are coming back to work.

Joe said McDonalds's is hiring.

Donnie complained about having to above MSRP for cars.

Joe said he ignored people who told him to buy real estate in 2007.

Joe is worried about inflation.

Joe complained about having to tip the valet extra when he visits his favorite restaurant.

Monday mini recap. Mika & Joe are in Maine.

Mika is wearing a black cardigan.

Joe said the USA needs another Reagan or Obama to unite Americans.

Beshloss is shocked at the political division during the pandemic. People still oppose vaccination.

Beshloss said Biden is a pro with 50 years of political experience.

• Love 3

I don't understand why Joe insists on interrupting Roger Bennett when he's on.  I mean, I know why he does it, he's an egomaniacal blowhard who believes his $0.02 is a million dollars.  Rog is an actual poet, and his freestyle analysis of soccer is just great.  Joe interrupts, Rog stops, Joe stops, they both start, then stop, then Joe barges through with an inane comment that Roger ignores and continues.  It's fingernails on a chalkboard.

And Harry Maguire's nickname is "Slabhead," Joe.  Roger didn't insult him, nor did he just invent it.
The Euros have been amazing, and now the American audience has no idea because of Joe's interruptions.  Jezuz he's the worst.  

I wonder if at home, when Joe is Ultra Joe and blowharding and shriekviating, Mika shuts him off like she's kicking it to a commercial, "And that was chief bloviator, Joe Scarborough.   Thank you so SO much.  And now this."  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Joe said that businesses will move to states that have higher vaccination rates.

Joe predicts an exodus from states with low vaccination rates.

Mika wants Trump to endorse the vaccines.

Mika interrupted Joe`s rant about Trump supporting the vaccines.

Joe mocked Trump for giving chocolate cakes to President XI.

I doubt Mika & Joe will move from Florida because of Jupiter`s vaccination rate.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Joe called Joey Chestnut, the Beethoven of hot dog eating. He ate 76 hot dogs in 10 minutes.

Joe wants Lee Greenwin to make another ong about Americans.

Mika doesn`t like hot dogs.

Joe & Lemire did a long discussion of the Red Sox.

Lemire said America`s back now that Chestnut ate 76 hot dogs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Joe said Yankees fans are upset with the team.

Rev Al said his diet has changed over the past 10 years. He doesn`t

Mika was excited about Jimmy & Roslyn being married for 75 years.

Mika & Joe said they have differences. Mika likes to run long distance. Joe prefers to watch hot dog eating competitions.

Joe said Mika`s family was close to the Carters.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4

Joe is mad at Trump for wanting to get of Afghanistan & abandoned the Kurds.

Joe is mad at Republicans criticizing Democrats.

Richard Haas is worried about the Taliban.

He has 3 globes in his office to show his knowledge of world affairs.

Joe said having 2500-4000 troops in Syria & Afghanistan is a good idea.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Luce said the UK was not consulted on the Afghanitan withdrawal. They can't stay there without USA support.

Luce is visiting his parents in rural England. he has not seen them in years.

• Love 2

Brad Paisley is hosting a concert in Nashville. There was a long segment about the concert.

Kurt Bardella supports vaccination.

Kurt Bardella was in a bar.

Kasie & Alexi joined the show. Alexi was rehired by Axios to cover progressives.

Alexi's kitchen is very clean.

• Love 3

Joe wants Democrats to focus on crime & stop defunding the police. Kasie said Biden remembers when crime was high.

Joe said Clyburn was right to oppose defunding the police.

• Love 3

Joe briefly commented on the Pew research study on the 2020 election.

Biden did well with married men & veterans compared to 2016.

Joe said he was right that socialism & defund the police are bad issues for Democrats.

Joe was careful not to mention that the study showed that Trump did much better than expected with Latino voters.

• Love 3

Greg Ellis came on the show to discuss Family Law. He is mad at his ex wife for having him arrested after a restraining order.

He doesn't like Family Lawyers.

He supports shared parenting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika was off camera but said she couldn't go on tv without Gonzo

If only that were true.

I clicked by a few times. Once to see the Trump rally and once to see the SEVEN panelist boxes. OMG. STOP it! Some things never change, I guess. Was surprised so many of them zoomed in on a holiday but I guess it's not really work anymore, witness the guy in the bar or wherever. If they must continue these remotes, I wish they'd all have a neutral background without the distractions of their personal spaces; I'm over the Room Rater thing. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4