Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Mulletorhater, you are correct.  I remember reading and being nauseated by that article.  It also noted how funny he thinks it is to stroll onto the set five seconds before air time and make the worker bees flying around like idiots trying to pull him together before broadcast time (I have seen this countless times and it's always infuriating to see them crawl around desperately trying to stay out of the shot).

He's a not only a jerk but also a world-class bully and I can't wait for Lack to be shown the door as I wouldn't be surprised that MJ as we know it goes with him.

• Love 4

Joe and Meek-a have a history of backing the wrong horse and putting all their rotten eggs in first, Christie's and then Drumpf's baskets.  Now, Meek-a is back to her "warning" Democrats on how to play this and the "both sides" nonsense.

Leaving Joe aside -- and boy do I wish we could leave him somewhere -- the idea that Mika is some sort of political strategist whose advice anyone in politics should be listening to is utterly ridiculous! She was, allegedly, a journalist and that's it. Her only foray into politics was being the tween daughter of an adviser to a president. What other political bona fides does she have?!

• Love 5

Kavanaugh and Doucheborough are two peas in a pod....I knew/know the type having gone to private HS/college in Massachusetts in the same era. I actually knew (not too closely) many of Kavanaugh's HS classmates at my college.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Nidratime said:

Leaving Joe aside -- and boy do I wish we could leave him somewhere -- the idea that Mika is some sort of political strategist whose advice anyone in politics should be listening to is utterly ridiculous! She was, allegedly, a journalist and that's it. Her only foray into politics was being the tween daughter of an adviser to a president. What other political bona fides does she have?!

Agreed, she sure has gotten a lot of mileage out of that last name.

• Love 4

You'd think that Mika could have picked up something via osmosis from being a real member of the Georgetown/Manhattan/Nantucket policy wonk cocktail circuit.  Moving in and around the powerful is a huge asset in predicting the news and forming editorial opinions.  But... no.  She does it wrong, she just gets drunk.
I would be fine with her being wrong in her opinions and on-air advice, if she could have an articulate position as to why she and I disagree.  She's resolutely inarticulate.  She's never really thought around the corner on anything and is an anti-intellectual.  She's "liberal" in title only and only because she's a woman and it's convenient for her.

Edited by Landsnark
Because in a sentence where I mocked Mika for being inarticulate, I was inarticulate. For shame, Joe! FOR SHAME
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

You'd think that Mika could have picked up something via osmosis from being a real member of the Georgetown/Manhattan/Nantucket policy wonk cocktail circuit.  Moving in and around the powerful is a huge asset in predicting the news and forming editorial opinions.  But... no.  She does it wrong, she just gets drunk.
I would be fine with her being wrong in her opinions and on-air advice, if she could have an articulate position as to why she and I disagree.  She resolutely inarticulate.  She's never really thought around the corner on anything and is an anti-intellectual.  She's "liberal" in title only and only because she's a woman and it's convenient for her.

She’s a liberal because her Daddy was. 

I’m really discouraged by the people, especially women (particularly Mika Know Your Value) who say they don’t want to ruin this man’s life because of something he did during his formative years. Too bad his victims aren’t given that option of long term avoidance. 

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I would be fine with her being wrong in her opinions and on-air advice, if she could have an articulate position as to why she and I disagree.  She resolutely inarticulate.  She's never really thought around the corner on anything and is an anti-intellectual. 

I have not yet recovered from the shock of hearing her smug, self-righteous explanation that she's never been into pop culture because her parents considered watching TV to be "low brow." As if abstaining from such vulgar activity resulted in her being a mental giant ... gah! 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

something he did during his formative years.

If he were a minority or poor, that behavior would define him and he'd be a criminal.  He has a string of victims who were assaulted in their formative years.  Why doesn't that bother Mika?  Cuz she's a feckless c who blames victims.  "They shouldn't have been there if they didn't want it to happen.  I didn't do that."  Imagine if her daughters were gang raped - god forbid.  She'd blame them.  She's a treasure!

• Love 6

I have not yet recovered from the shock of hearing her smug, self-righteous explanation that she's never been into pop culture because her parents considered watching TV to be "low brow."

And yet TV is where she gets her paycheck. What's that saying, "don't s**t where you eat." (I know it has different connotations, but seems to fit.)

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

If he were a minority or poor, that behavior would define him and he'd be a criminal.  He has a string of victims who were assaulted in their formative years.  Why doesn't that bother Mika?  Cuz she's a feckless c who blames victims.  "They shouldn't have been there if they didn't want it to happen.  I didn't do that."  Imagine if her daughters were gang raped - god forbid.  She'd blame them.  She's a treasure!

Yet, she had her "low brow" ass on a table with her leg propped up in the air (with little left to the imagination) in an embarrassing photo that no one can un-see.  That this occurred at a photo shoot with her co-host with whom she went on to have an affair while married her damn self, I would love to know what her definition is of truly "low brow" behavior.  You know, if you don't want to have affairs, then you shouldn't be there for it to happen.  Not throwing any shade, mind you, but that will always be the elephant in the room whenever Meek-a and Joe go on one of their victim-blaming rants while pursing their lips in disdain.

I just remember the wall of smug whenever Hillary's reaction--or public lack thereof--to Bill's affairs were discussed.

Edited by MulletorHater
Double posting for some strange reason
  • Love 4

Does Mika "well there's two sides to it" when Bill Clinton and Lewinski gets mentioned?  Hmmm....
Does Mika give Hillary the benefit of the doubt because there's two sides when discussing Hillary and Bill's affairs?  Hillary's emails?

Mika is so cognitively dissonant on this.  She truly has no center-held beliefs on anything.  "Ask for a raise.  Know your value."  hey that's great advice, Einstein. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Does Mika "well there's two sides to it" when Bill Clinton and Lewinski gets mentioned?  Hmmm....
Does Mika give Hillary the benefit of the doubt because there's two sides when discussing Hillary and Bill's affairs?  Hillary's emails?

Mika is so cognitively dissonant on this.  She truly has no center-held beliefs on anything.  "Ask for a raise.  Know your value."  hey that's great advice, Einstein. 

"Ask for a raise.  Know your value."

Landsnark you forgot to add "does this desk make my ass look big?" . . . :)

• Love 4

Willie made a point this morning and gave credit to Joyce for making the same point initially.  I've attended many meetings where a man would bring up the same point that someone else made earlier, typically a woman, and the man would get the credit. Kudos to Willie.

I also caught when Steve Schmidt acknowledged the mistakes they made when Palin was picked to be the VP candidate. Good for him.

Mika continues to be SNL Mika.  She was over talking other people and not just Joe. It has become an ingrained habit. I was with family and could not watch as I usually do but kept hearing her asides. LOL.

• Love 4

Oh good grief, let the faux hand wringing begin.  Both were in tears over both testimonies (one luckily was able to fight through it and tweet out about her faux KYV club).  I can see this is going to be a short day for me.

Hee, Freudian slip by Joe as he just said F.I.B. instead of the F.B.I..

And the scarfs are back.  Meeks is in all black which I believe must be the official color of the KYV club.

• Love 3

Again with the “Democrats leaked it” nonsense, even after Willie pointed out that the original outlet that had the report flatly denied that it was Feinstein’s office. Do these lunkheads not realize that the letter was also with the Senate Judiciary Staff (e.g. Ed Whelan?” 

And at the same time they chastise Feinstein for waiting.

This is NOT the time for both sides-ism.

• Love 8

The attacks by Kavanaugh on Feinstein and Klobuchar should be enough to disqualify him.

It's frightening. trump has now appointed 26 federal judges in 18 months. W and Obama each appointed 9 in eight years.

And now he has control of the Supreme Court. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, stormy said:

The attacks by Kavanaugh on Feinstein and Klobuchar should be enough to disqualify him.

It's frightening. trump has now appointed 26 federal judges in 18 months. W and Obama each appointed 9 in eight years.

And now he has control of the Supreme Court. 

I am not watching this morning.   Has anyone mentioned the Kavanagh-must-not-be-confirmed editorials in the NYT and Washington Post?   Or the American Bar Association's letter to the Judiciary Committee insisting that the confirmation be delayed until there can be an FBI investigation?  (The same American Bar Association whose approval Kavanaugh boasted of).

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

The one to watch (fingers crossed) is Murkowski as she got what she wanted with opening ANWAR and now can go back to being independent (again, fingers crossed).  This whole thing is just so gross and upsetting.

Oh and thank goodness they were able to shoehorn Meeks in her KYV uniform with (what a shock) Katie Couric.

And it's not all bad, Joyce Vance is a total bad ass!  Always great to see/listen to her.

4 minutes ago, millennium said:

I am not watching this morning.   Has anyone mentioned the Kavanagh-must-not-be-confirmed editorials in the NYT and Washington Post?   Or the American Bar Association's letter to the Judiciary Committee insisting that the confirmation be delayed until there can be an FBI investigation?  (The same American Bar Association whose approval Kavanaugh boasted of).

ABA yes, NYT not to my knowledge but I haven't been watching straight through either.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, millennium said:

Or the American Bar Association's letter to the Judiciary Committee insisting that the confirmation be delayed until there can be an FBI investigation?

Yeah.  Willie had a graphic image to go along with that too.  But it wasn't really discussed.  Just mentioned.
He's not fit to be a judge in any capacity, let alone the Supreme Court.  Perhaps I'm naive, but he's the most plainly politically biased candidate for the court I've ever seen.  He'd feed the blindfolded lady holding the scales a rufie and rape her and blame her and the Clintons.
Is this all real?  Is this really happening?

• Love 10

"Stuffy Podhoretz" made me laugh. I think that should be his nickname. John "Stuffy" Podhoretz. 

At least he wore my favorite Cookie Monster sweater this a.m.

Don't mock, he was able to nab the gig as a national model for Chaps by Ralph Lauren. Sun, rain, snow, searing heat--we have no idea if our government will exist in 6 months, but Podhoretz will be wearing a blue cotton sweater as we all implode.

I actually had to take a homeopathic medicine for anxiety this AM. I do not have anxiety.  This has come to a head for me, all beginning when Trump came down his 24K gold elevator.  I just cannot take  the RAH-RAH for our team-ism, the partisanship on a 10,000 x the normal dose steroids. Is it helping us get better?  (Thanks for the moment to get all philosophical.)

Do you know if there is a procedure to impeach Kavnauagh WHEN he gets approved and it is found he perjured himself yesterday?  I hope there's a way out of this if needed.  And even if he is not "guilty", therefore not perjuring himself, he has shown himself to be so distastefully partisan with his rants (all intended to impress his Liege Lord) that how could he ever rule on a case brought before him by a liberal OR a Democrat?  My head is being scratched here.

• Love 9

I had it on for five minutes ta 6 am.  It was all about "Mika was crying and how did it make you feel Mika".  Fuck off. 

Joe just will not stfu with the lies about Feinstein or her staff leaking the letter. "She can't even answer the question".  Yes, she actually did, she said no.

The person who couldn't answer a question was "I like beer" Kavanaugh.  A lot of people were on the fence until they found out he knows a woman.  

If he gets confirmed the Women's March in 2017 is going to look like two gals strolling down the street. 

Lindsay Graham said "God help us if "they" get in power.

Start praying you little asshole. 

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Do you know if there is a procedure to impeach Kavnauagh WHEN he gets approved and it is found he perjured himself yesterday? 

I think it's 2/3s of the House and a majority of the Senate.  Will never ever happen.

CBD oil?  One wonders?

• Love 1

Susan DelPercio redeemed herself in my eyes this morning. She made the case - which I 100% agree with - that regardless of how you feel about what Kavanaugh did or did not do in high school, that little spittle-flecked temper tantrum he threw in front of America clearly demonstrated that he does not have the temperament to sit on the Supreme Court. Period. His performance itself (setting aside the numerous times he blatantly perjured himself) was disqualifying.

Even the Jesuits have come out demanding an investigation. I feel like they and the ABA are doing everything the can to try to throw Flake, Collins, et al a lifeline they can hold on to. Please, please let them take it.

• Love 11

For me it moved beyond did he or didn't he.  I think Susan Del Percio head the nail on the head - this man does not have the temperament to be on the Supreme Court..   I don't think it can ever be proved it he did or didn't but it can be proved he's lied about his drinking.  But that speech he did blaming the Democrats and the Clintons was beyond the pale for a nominee to the Supreme Court.   

Joe and Mika are ridiculous on this whole thing - how many sides can you take?  They don't want to admit they think he should be confirmed so they seem to agree with whatever any one else says, pro or con. 

I think a nominee to the Supreme Court should have to be confirmed by at least 80 Senators.  Maybe then we'd actually get justices that decide on the law and not politics.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I had it on for five minutes ta 6 am.  It was all about "Mika was crying and how did it make you feel Mika".  Fuck off. 

Joe just will not stfu with the lies about Feinstein or her staff leaking the letter. "She can't even answer the question".  Yes, she actually did, she said no.

The person who couldn't answer a question was "I like beer" Kavanaugh.  A lot of people were on the fence until they found out he knows a woman.  

If he gets confirmed the Women's March in 2017 is going to look like two gals strolling down the street. 

Lindsay Graham said "God help us if "they" get in power.

Start praying you little asshole. 

The beer thing.   My God.   We're a nation of fucking idiots.

• Love 4

Well, we're back to Bunker Bingo with Joe leading the charge (Mika has the morning off) and Elise wins best dressed, love her sweater!  They opened the show with some SNL cold open clips which get funnier each time I see them.

• Love 2

I made it all the way to 6:13 am before switching off today.

That's when Douchebro started employing Trump's "many people are saying" tactic to lend credibility to a vague and unverifiable situation concocted as a front to promote the speaker's own point of view.   For example, when Scarborough said "I talked to many men and women this weekend who all started by asking 'Is Dr. Ford a fabulist?'  And then they started wondering about Judge Kavanagh.  And then they criticized Democrats.   And then they questioned the Republicans."   What he's attempting to do is use the "many are saying" ploy to establish a false equivalency between Ford and Kavanaugh, and Democrats and Republicans. It's so transparent.   If "men and women I've talked to" are saying it, then it must be true, right?

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

To be honest I haven't been listening very closely but it appears Joe is playing the utility outfielder/devil's advocate position and is getting his ass handed back to him by Heilemann, Deutsch and to a certain extent Elise.

He also needs to fire his hairdresser, those gray roots are blinding under the studio lights.

• Love 1

Well that will teach Joe to snot off to Heilemann about whether Kavanaugh perjured himself about examples because during the break Heilemann brought the receipts and now we are moving to a new subject.  EP Alex with the save!

• Love 2

I see we have convened the We Hate Michael Avenatti Club.  Too bad Kasie/Joe didn't mention that Avenatti kept calling Kasie "Kathy" until she corrected him . . . snort.  And Elise is still in the lead for best dressed, Kasie needs a tailor/stylist/something and she can really bring the frump.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Well that will teach Joe to snot off to Heilemann about whether Kavanaugh perjured himself about examples because during the break Heilemann brought the receipts and now we are moving to a new subject.  EP Alex with the save!

I missed that part, but I’m glad he did. I was disappointed in his initial response.

OMG, here comes Donnie with an Elise smackdown! She is waxing sympathetic about his “poor family” and Donnie is right back at her on temperament.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 6

Too bad Kasie/Joe didn't mention that Avenatti kept calling Kasie "Kathy" until she corrected him . . . snort

I heard that on MSNBC on Sunday, but I heard it as "Kassie"?

OMG, here comes Donnie with an Elise smackdown! 

This was a thing of beauty. Donnie was about 10,000 shades beyond livid.  IF he had been wearing any socks with his Italian  loafers, they would have surely melted off him...

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I heard that on MSNBC on Sunday, but I heard it as "Kassie"?

This was a thing of beauty. Donnie was about 10,000 shades beyond livid.  IF he had been wearing any socks with his Italian  loafers, they would have surely melted off him...

Ooops, sorry the sound on that tv isn't the best and I didn't expect much from Donnie today but he most definitely brought the boom.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

And Elise is still in the lead for best dressed, Kasie needs a tailor/stylist/something and she can really bring the frump.

Hallie Jackson was best dressed.  She was on in the first block, just long enough to utter 2 sentences. 
I've often wondered how livid I'd be if I was up in 30 Rock at 5:15am prepping to be on air, in makeup, bright eyed and ready... and I speak for 20 seconds.

• Love 4

re Kavanugh, Matt Miller opined that career investigators rather than partisan politicians should determine who to interview, what questions to ask, and the path and the scope of the investigation. I heartily agree. 

As mentioned on the show this morning, Avenatti guested with Kasie ! yesterday. His answers to her questions were lengthy but he was careful to insert her name here and there, like people do when they're monopolizing the conversation. You know, to sorta acknowledge your presence. Except he kept calling her "Cassie," and after a few times (and twice in one answer IIRC) she corrected him. Other than that she made minimal effort to steer a conversation on her own show. So I was surprised when I saw that she was on this morning, and I detected a bit of discomfort. Something tells me she'd be fine and dandy with not promoting that particular guest/segment. MJ gave her a reprieve from the lightning bolts for awhile, the first show starting that streak being the one immediately following McCain's death 5 weeks ago. I would love to know which Power on this show insists on continuing to use something that was cute the first couple time but quickly turned into a tacky and annoying trope. Discussing Avenatti in addition to that = this was not among Cassie's fave mondays. 

• Love 4