Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

The more things change, the more they stay the same.  I remember the Clarence Thomas hearings vividly.  And apparently, Meeka is stuck in that time warp...the men don't have to prove anything...it is the women's fault because she didn't report it at the time.  No matter if her livelihood depended on the job or that she would not have been believed.  I am not saying that Kavanaugh is guilty; what I am questioning is women like Meeka, who have been completely dependent on men or their family name to get ahead...being so very very dubious and dismissive of another woman's struggles.  Let's air it all out and see where the chips fall.  

I usually don't tune in til 8:00 - it is a rerun and that way I get to sleep a little later.  I have to wonder who buys tickets to Meeka's what-ever-they-are.  Symposiums?  Coffee Klatches? Vodka Meet-ups?  How can anyone take her seriously?  I don't think even Joe takes her seriously.  

• Love 11

I forgot to add this morning how much Ioathe Michael Schmidt. It's clear that he got set up on that Rosenstein story, so it's annoying to hear him on the show stammering out his lame-ass defense of his own shoddy reporting.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Eliot said:

forgot to add this morning how much Ioathe Michael Schmidt. It's clear that he got set up on that Rosenstein story, so it's annoying to hear him on the show stammering out his lame-ass defense of his own shoddy reporting.

This! Matt Miller and the woman reporter for the Atlantic, Natalie Bershand? both said Friday night it was total bullshit.   

I forgot to mention Mika's word of the month: Fascinating. Everything is fascinating. 

Also, she is not wearing her scarves any more!!! 

• Love 5

Eliot you are so spot on.

I'd add, thank you, you stupid schmuck. I Iwill turn the channel the minute you or Adam Goldman show up anywhere.

Actually I will boycott anything related to the NYT.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Everything we need to know - 

“Are we going to punish [Kavanaugh] for something he did in his formative years?” -Mika Brzezinski

I guess she would much rather punish Christine Ford for what Kavanaugh did in his formative years.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, millennium said:

And the catchphrase today is,  "The FBI are not the supercops" 

Based on what reporter Jane said, this has all the makings of a major scandal.   On a related note, set your DVR's for Chris Cuomo's show tonight on CNN -- Michael Avenatti is the guest.

I was expecting Avenatti to be on MJ and other shows today.  He has a client who is also accusing Kavanaugh.  Mika's head would explode between fawning over Avenatti and denying women their value.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

“Are we going to punish [Kavanaugh] for something he did in his formative years?” -Mika Brzezinski

I missed the whole show today and after reading today's comments I can see I dodged a bullet.  It's mindboggling to me that Mika would say something that awfully awful but I should know better.  I would laugh if a ton of protestors show up at her San Francisco playdate and boo the crap out of her.

• Love 9

If that's what Kavanagh did during his formative years, perhaps we should be worried about what those years formed.

Personally, I'm blown away by how easily Scarborough and the rest have given Kavanagh a pass on being a stumbling, blackout drunk in high school and college.   Sorry, but that's not normal.  And it's not something you just outgrow.   Scarborough brushed it off as being a product of 80s culture, but I was Class of '80 and attended my share of drinking parties.   The only kids who got that wasted on a regular basis were kids who developed serious drinking or drug problems.   At the very least, I would say such behavior is evidence of serious lapses in judgment, if not fundamental character flaws.   I'm not sure you can outgrow those either.   In any event, it hardly seems like the profile of a future Supreme Court Justice.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I wonder what Joe did in his formative years that shouldn’t be taken seriously now.

4 hours ago, izabella said:

I was expecting Avenatti to be on MJ and other shows today.  He has a client who is also accusing Kavanaugh.  Mika's head would explode between fawning over Avenatti and denying women their value.

I saw Willie’s likes on Twitter last night. He hates Avenatti. As does Joe. He’ll never be back on after he flirted with Mika and pissed off teh bois.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, izabella said:

He's on Cuomo's CNN show in a minute or two.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, millennium said:

I was Class of '80 and attended my share of drinking parties.   The only kids who got that wasted on a regular basis were kids who developed serious drinking or drug problems.   At the very least, I would say such behavior is evidence of serious lapses in judgment, if not fundamental character flaws.   I'm not sure you can outgrow those either.   In any event, it hardly seems like the profile of a future Supreme Court Justice.

I was Class of ‘80 too. The guys who played sports and got blackout drunk were the guys who were also date rapists.

Joe is being willfully obtuse. He knows this too.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 7

I attended a private Catholic high school.   And I can tell Scarborough his forced "conservative Catholic ethos" defense is wishful thinking. 

These two are sickening.   I'm switching off.

Came back to add:  Know what pissed me off?  The way his voice dripped with holier-than-thou empathy, like he shares those same conservative Christian values -- as he's sitting beside the formerly married woman he's engaged to.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8

6:30.  We are very busy promoting our book, our seminars, our everything is about us,

OK I did like when Katy sarcastically said that trump couldn't fire Rosenstein on Monday because he had to make sure the viewers would keep watching till Thursday,

Edited by stormy
  • Love 6

Awkward segue from  the discussion of Justice Rapey McRaperson (or, as I saw him referred to on Twitter, St. Incel of Georgetown) to an obnoxious “Know Your Value” plug.

I have figured out what annoys me the most about Mika’s little project. It is so far removed from the lives and experiences of the average working woman it’s laughable. She and Katty can sit there from their position of privilege chirping about how “CEOs really want to hire women!” and “You lose nothing for just asking!” when the reality is, studies have shown women ARE penalized for negotiating in a way men are now. And for fuck’s sake, STOP PRESUMING WOMEN DON’T NEGOTIATE BECAUSE THEY LACK CONFIDENCE OR THEY ARE JUST AFRAID. It is NOT a question of not “knowing your value.” It is a cold calculation about your workplace, your financial need, and the very real penalties women face when they are labeled “difficult” by their male bosses. Not everyone can go crying to their boyfriend and have him back you up. We are all alone out there. If Mika had not had Joe on her side, she would not have been able to “negotiate” shit.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, Eliot said:

I was Class of ‘80 too. The guys who played sports and got blackout drunk were the guys who were also date rapists.

Joe is being willfully obtuse. He knows this too.

Well Eliot, after Joe and Mika's lecture about not sitting in judgement as we weren't there I hope you are prepared to take back your statement although we all know it's absolutely true.

I know it's been said before but these two can't run fast enough and hide behind the "you don't know, you weren't there" defense.  I know it wouldn't be my first thought but then again I'm not hiding something like that.

And now we are being lectured by Barnicle about how sad it is that his personal life is being played out on TV.  Maybe the Carpool Dad was the wrong persona to trot out when he launched his bid for SCOTUS.

• Love 3

Oh...oh...oh...HERE COMES HEILEMAN!

And what is this utter nonsense about the second allegation undermining the first? Weren’t we just hearing last week how Ford is not to be believed because “no one else has come forward”? They are just circling around their own inanity now!

Oh, and Joe...pssst...the second allegation HAS been corroborated by someone who remembered it independent of Ramirez. I know the story is moving very quickly, but you fancy yourself a journalist. Keep up!

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, Eliot said:

If Mika had not had Joe on her side, she would not have been able to “negotiate” shit.

She's as real as Nancy Reagan uttering "Just say no to drugs" or Melania saying "Be best" (whatever the heck that means).   It's like the wealthy women I see in our community newspaper, always having their picture taken supporting some cause.   Because they don't have to work and have the luxury of attending luncheons, wine-tasting events, "Monte Carlo night," political fundraisers, whatever.   I would ask, don't they understand the rest of the world is looking at them with disdain, except I know it wouldn't matter to them anyway.   Their sphere of awareness is restricted to the circles they travel in.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Well Eliot, after Joe and Mika's lecture about not sitting in judgement as we weren't there I hope you are prepared to take back your statement although we all know it's absolutely true.

The irony is so rich.  "We shouldn't judge ..."   Umm, what job is it again Kavanagh's campaigning for?   

• Love 4

Ok, I'm watching the replay of the first hour and Martha McCallum asks him so you never had sexual intercourse which he says no but maybe the better question was did you ever rape anybody as he was in one of the worst fraternity's on the planet in which the basement of the house was known as the Rape Room.  I just want to punch him in the face.  Hard.

• Love 7

Oh crap, I'm sorry they cut off Goldstone's interview as at the end Joe says something stupid like you used all selfies on the cover of your book and Goldstone throws him the filthiest look.  I like that guy, I could listen to him for the rest of the show.

• Love 1

7:15 AM: Joe uses the word "bunker" on the show and he is not referring to the room from where he is typically reporting.  Instead Kavanaugh and his family have been "in a bunker."  They have been soooooo threatened.  And Dr. Ford has, of course, been getting her hair done, been playing golf and shopping at Macys.

Today also, Mika Knew Kavanaugh's Value.

edited to add:  At the 8:32 breakaway we see that the next guest is EITHER Ken Burns or Paul McCartney....

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Today also, Mika Knew Kavanaugh's Value.

She just can't keep her hands off that third rail can she?  So gross.

Now we wait for the last 10 minutes when we shower her with praise over the KYV book facelift (yeah I went there).  I have to hide the remote because if they bring out a cake it will go flying.

So Trump said no statehood for Puerto Rico?  I wonder how Rick Scott feels about that and if that will impact his numbers with Hispanic voters?  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Edited by Chloesmom
Spelling
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

She just can't keep her hands off that third rail can she?  So gross.

Know we wait for the last 10 minutes when we shower her with praise over the KYV book facelift (yeah I went there).  I have to hide the remote because if they bring out a cake it will go flying.

According to Twitter they both left early to go promote her (their?) book on Today. What a strong, independent woman battling her way through this urban jungle on her own. ?

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

According to Twitter they both left early to go promote her (their?) book on Today. What a strong, independent woman battling her way through this urban jungle on her own. ?

I can't wait to see them on The View today.  I really wonder if any of the panelists are going to question her rather uneven support of women as it suits her needs.

Ok, I love Ken Burns but is it written into his contract that he has to keep his hair like that?

14 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Oh man the tweet is sent out by MSNBC Public Relations and even that thread is getting dragged hard:

• Love 1

Can someone explain to me why Joe keeps saying Democrats leaked Dr Ford's name.  The story ran in the Washington Post, that's how it got out. 

The only places I can find that state it was a Dem staffer are conservative blogs, papers, etc. Even our good friend Mr. Sourpuss Noah Rothman got in on it. 

Just now, millennium said:
40 minutes ago, stormy said:

How many times are we going to see the long suffering wife sitting next to the scum baggy husband whole he explains it all?

Do you mean Mika?

Bazinga. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, millennium said:

I read some of the comments and began to suspect everyone here of posting there, lol.

We found our long-lost more succinct cousins! 

I’m still on the boycott bus. Did anyone watch and can replay what Heileman said about this? I thought I read up above he was coming up. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:
  48 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Jesus.   This is really giving me a great appreciation for the guys I dated in high school.    

I can't watch this shitshow anymore. I have stuff on my dvr to watch in the AM,  and I get the news at night from the people on MSNBC who aren't complete assholes, show up for work, and know what they're talking about. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Does this heifer even hear herself sometimes?  She would make an excellent criminal defense lawyer for the poor Black guys who were locked up as juveniles or in their 20's, who find themselves applying for jobs years later only to have their pasts coming back to haunt them because they have to disclose on their job applications that they once did time for a "youthful indiscretion."  So, yeah, Meek-a.  It's "fascinating" how there seems to be a higher standard for someone applying for a job at McDonald's than there is for selecting a Supreme Court Justice, whose decisions will have far-reaching effects for millions for generations to come. Not to mention being Drumpf's get-out-of-jail-free card. 

Watching the Kavanaughs' interview last night also told me everything I needed to know about women like Mika.  For all her "know your value" bullshit, she's basically a "surrendered wife" who hasn't even been wifed-up yet by a guy any woman in her right, natural mind would run from.  

Novhappy mentioned the target audience for this shit show.  I'll add another demographic: people like me who want to get their cuss on first thing in the morning.

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

We found our long-lost more succinct cousins! 

I’m still on the boycott bus. Did anyone watch and can replay what Heileman said about this? I thought I read up above he was coming up. 

I saw Heilemann and honestly don't remember anything memorable nor is there anything on Mediaite or on MSNBC video so far (I have to say they usually have more videos posted at this point but I guess when you only show up for 18 minutes it's slim pickin's).  If I find anything I'll post it.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, stormy said:

I was completely hypnotized by Rob Goldstone because he seemed to be saying much more than I expected.

Did they get the point that the meeting was a fishing expedition by the Russians? They had to confirm the Trump campaign would be all in for leaking emails, and the social media stuff. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

Does this heifer even hear herself sometimes?  She would make an excellent criminal defense lawyer for the poor Black guys who were locked up as juveniles or in their 20's, who find themselves applying for jobs years later only to have their pasts coming back to haunt them because they have to disclose on their job applications that they once did time for a "youthful indiscretion."  So, yeah, Meek-a.  It's "fascinating" how there seems to be a higher standard for someone applying for a job at McDonald's than there is for selecting a Supreme Court Justice, whose decisions will have far-reaching effects for millions for generations to com

This just makes me wonder what's lurking in her formative years, making her so defensive about BK.   Yes, it was X number of years ago, but if there's a pattern, then there ya go.  And his saying in the Faux interview that he did not have "sexual intercourse" in high school, or for years and years after (yeah, sure, whatever, dude) gave me visions of Bill Clinton saying "I did not have sex with that woman", meaning he didn't stick his cucumber in her donut but he sure as hell "had sex" with her.  And I'm a die-hard Democrat who loved the Clinton years, and who voted for Hillary, so this double standard is making me craaaazy.   ---   But back to Meeks:   I really really think she's protesting too much.  I wish she was important enough for someone to do some investigative reporting on her.  But she's not. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Does this heifer even hear herself sometimes?   I'll add another demographic: people like me who want to get their cuss on first thing in the morning.

I just wanted to say thanks Mulletorhater as your post/these quotes literally made me snort my coffee earlier today . . . get my cuss on first thing in the morning, perfect (and exactly)!.

And the heifer reference was the cherry on top.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

get my cuss on first thing in the morning,

I got mine on when Joe said "and Dems are guilty too of leaking her name".

Then I turned on Colbert and watched them show puppies from Hurricane Florence up for adoption. Talk about cleansing the palate. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

This is all I need to never watch this show again.  Ever.  Mika does not deserve to have a public job, much less such a well-paid one, and neither does her co-conspirator, so I will not be supporting this shit-show by watching it anymore.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I got mine on when Joe said "and Dems are guilty too of leaking her name".

Then I turned on Colbert and watched them show puppies from Hurricane Florence up for adoption. Talk about cleansing the palate. 

Exactly teddysmom, I am more than tired of whataboutism but in this case they are looking to ram through someone that is clearly challenged at this point so although I will be disappointed that the Dems broke a promise to Dr. Ford if this is true my disgust with the Republican response knows now bounds and will result in me not voting for a single one of them in the upcoming elections for years to come (I am one of those pesky moderate females).

And God bless Colbert and I am glad I missed those clips as I would be sobbing for hours . . . sweet babies.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, izabella said:

This is all I need to never watch this show again.  Ever.  Mika does not deserve to have a public job, much less such a well-paid one, and neither does her co-conspirator, so I will not be supporting this shit-show by watching it anymore.

Same. I will say I’m still here because I’ve been keeping up the main-line through bootlegged Twitter, which is providing more than enough snark material. 

• Love 3