Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Ok, I just surfed back in.  Why is Donny wearing a Pop It bracelet?

May Flowers, you mentioned the well named JoeBros.  Holy cats they are paying zero attention to her unless Alex is screaming in their ears to move on.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

The show is especially messy/unfocused today.  After Meeks tossed her I'm not familiar with pop culture water on the opening segment discussing Burt Reynolds I started channel surfing.

I was half-asleep (as I usually am) while watching this morning. Did I hear Mika say that she loved WKRP in Cincinnati? 

I wonder if she sees herself as Bailey Quarters, enterprising young newswoman, or Jennifer Marlowe, hot, blonde receptionist?

Anyway, it seems that someone (Joe?) hijacked the discussion by talking about the turkey drop episode.

Good times.

• Love 4

That fellow with the Brit accent who they brought in during the last half hour to opine on American politics? Someone should tell him that parents who commit misdemeanors are not separated from their children, and thanks for your ill-informed opinion.

By the way, Jim Messina, you should take a page out of the GOP playbook and actually be more positive about Democratic chances instead of joining in with the group, saying it's not gonna happen in Texas or Florida. Sometimes I really think that the constant GOP drumbeat we've been hearing for decades has helped them to make these gains, despite the changing demographics and population. There's something to be said for putting out a consistently positive message and not demoralizing your voter base, making them decide not to bother.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

That fellow with the Brit accent who they brought in during the last half hour to opine on American politics? Someone should tell him that parents who commit misdemeanors are not separated from their children, and thanks for your ill-informed opinion.

It wasn't Jonathan Swan from Axios was it?  

Jim Messina might want to check the Latino voter registration in Florida and Texas. I don't think it's up dramatically because they love Ted Cruz and Rick Scott.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Mika is getting dragged on Twitter for being condescending and anti-feminist, and they’re all getting called out for laughing in the background during the interview.

Mika probably keeps forgetting that she hates other women when she books these interviews. Then they show up and she remembers "I can't let this bitch have more attention than me". 

Did they show Kamala Harris taking Kavanaugh apart? Please tell me she said "Knows Her Value". 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, teddysmom said:

Mika probably keeps forgetting that she hates other women when she books these interviews. Then they show up and she remembers "I can't let this bitch have more attention than me". 

Did they show Kamala Harris taking Kavanaugh apart? Please tell me she said "Knows Her Value". 

I don’t know about Harris and her value, but...

The replies are ?.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, XOQueens said:

What happened during the Hirono segment? Mika is getting dragged on Twitter for being condescending and anti-feminist, and they’re all getting called out for laughing in the background during the interview.

Mika was in full giggle mode, oddly laughing and making syllablic sounds while off the screen. It was very odd. Odder than usual. It sounded like someone else was talking to her ....or touching her. Ugh I’m sorry but that what it sounded like!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

I wonder if she sees herself as Bailey Quarters, enterprising young newswoman, or Jennifer Marlowe, hot, blonde receptionist?

Well, Heilemann sees her as Jennifer Marlowe. Lol

On 9/5/2018 at 4:00 PM, millennium said:

So, according to Scarborough, decent, talented, intelligent people have a responsibility to share a billing with hate-mongering trolls like Steve Bannon -- and if they don't, then they are giving a "win" to the Bannons of the world.    But so would allowing Bannon to participate in the event, because it would afford him false equivalency with all the other guests.    I remember how Scarborough complained when Trump met with Kim Jong Un, because he was giving Kim the kind of status that had been heretofore denied him.   It's the same principle.   Would Scarborough appear on the same bill as Alex Jones?   I'm guessing he wouldn't.

He and Mika have an Evening Joe session during the New Yorker Festival, so its probably wrapped in a casing of his own egoism that all New Yorker decisions be respected.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Well, Heilemann sees her as Jennifer Marlowe. Lol

He and Mika have an Evening Joe session during the New Yorker Festival, so its probably wrapped in a casing of his own egoism that all New Yorker decisions be respected.

Given their "credentials," he and Mika shouldn't be there either, or that Harvard thing they did, nor should Scarborough be writing for the Washington Post.   It's like standards everywhere have been lowered.   They are not news analysts.  They have nothing relevant to add.   They're just celebrities, and not very interesting ones at that.   They may as well be hosting Entertainment Tonight for all the "hard-hitting" news they do. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

8:20 they targeted KAC as the writer of the Op ed. The arguments sound very valid, in light of the fact that she is angling for a show with her Trump-opposing husband..

I agree with this theory. I think her husband wrote it to try to throw off the scent, but she was definitely the source. She’s trying hard for a soft landing when the shit comes down, particularly if you believe what JoeMeeka say about the things she used to share with them when the cameras weren’t rolling.

• Love 1

I don’t think this came up on this show, but if her husband actually wrote it and she just submitted it, she could technically deny being the author while later admitting she was behind it. And then when she finally does go public (as of course she will) and gets challenged she can say, “I told everyone I didn’t write it and I didn’t.”

Just thinking back to the way she played loyal Trumper  when she used to appear on MJ and then, according to Meeks, make comments about needing to take a shower after, I am more and more convinced that Heileman (was it Heileman or Donnie? Can’t remember) was right.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 1
On 9/7/2018 at 8:20 AM, WhineandCheez said:

8:20 they targeted KAC as the writer of the Op ed. The arguments sound very valid, in light of the fact that she is angling for a show with her Trump-opposing husband..

The whodunnit nature of this incident as characterized by the discussion on Morning Joe and elsewhere is unfortunately detracting attention away from the content.   It's just a big parlor game and who cares about the implications or the repercussions.   We are that stupid as a people now.   

Whoever did it, I'm not sure having that on their resume will save their career(s) in the end.   No one likes or respects a traitor (and by traitor in this instance I mean to Trump, not the country, although I have no doubt a case could be built to support the latter as well).

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2
On 9/7/2018 at 3:44 PM, novhappy said:

Mika was in full giggle mode, oddly laughing and making syllablic sounds while off the screen. It was very odd. Odder than usual. It sounded like someone else was talking to her ....or touching her. Ugh I’m sorry but that what it sounded like!

Gasp. It was just as odd as you described. For anyone else who missed it:

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/senator-lays-out-her-concerns-about-kavanaugh-1314934851542?v=raila&cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

• Love 2

Well it looks like Mom and Dad are back to separate bedrooms . . . Meeks wanted to kick off the show discussing of all things sports because of Serena Williams and Joe generously gave her maybe 30 seconds.

Today's Fashion Faux Pas is Mark McKinnon wearing what looks like one of Meek's scarves like a jabot.

eta:  I was wrong, they are having a discussion around the Serena Williams story with Mika Lupica (and thank goodness Meeks was able to tie it back to a KYV reference).

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3

Nothing like listening to a bunch of rich white guys and their pursed-lip, token blonde mouthpiece talking about whether Serena Williams was right or wrong.

ETA: The previous guest, Mark Mackinnon, ascot to be one of the most ridiculous-looking figures ever to appear on this show.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1

Tuned in to see that maybe The Gold Dust Twins are in separate studios again.  There was a commercial where The Show will be somewhere in the South later this week to talk with voters; because that never gets old.  I heard Mika trying to chime in from wherever she is when Joe was pontificating; her usual "wow" and such.  I was surprised he let Steve Schmidt talk some trash without interrupting.  But I only saw a brief segment - I tuned in to CNN when I saw the talking squares on MJ.

I did see Meeka manage to work in KYV after Mike Lupica mansplained Serena.  I love Lupica by the way; and when it comes to talking sports on the show, he knows from whence he speaks.

• Love 3

Joe once again stated that Trump is really a Democrat.  Using similar logic is Joe still a Republican on Trump's train?  I deliberately used the word similar because Trump IMO was all about economic opportunity, not party affiliation because of deep seated beliefs.  Anyway, I'm tired of the constant but ...

Meeks KYVsplains where Serena went wrong:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/mika-brzezinski-calls-out-serena-williams-incapable-of-not-taking-this-all-personally/

2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I did see Meeka manage to work in KYV after Mike Lupica mansplained Serena.  I love Lupica by the way; and when it comes to talking sports on the show, he knows from whence he speaks.

Me too.  I always enjoy when he is on and those two shut up.

• Love 2

I challenge Joe to go a week without saying "I'm a country lawyer ". 

More like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer with that forehead going on.

About 7:15 Manchin is talking about how he has voted with Trump "60% of the time." It's hard out there for a Democrat in West Virginia nowadays.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, stormy said:

I challenge Joe to go a week without saying "I'm a country lawyer ". 

Impossible as he knows it's annoying as they did a whole montage on it last week and everyone chortled through the whole thing.  For me, I don't think the "hosts" of the show realize they are rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.  They are basking in prior glory and the electorate is clearly showing they have had enough and his rhetoric whether it is current day or the halcyon days of his stellar congressional career are stale and useless.

• Love 2

Oh and BTW it's tiresome when Joe repeats his same catch phrases everyday.

Country lawyer, I was in Congress. If I was a Democratic. 

Someone get him writer so he can read que cards. Gotta be more interesting.

They're going on the road Friday! That should be exciting. Not.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

Wow, Mika and KYV are still getting dragged all over Twitter for her disparaging comments about Serena Williams this morning. 

As well she should.  Has Mika ever had to strive for anything?   Has she ever fought her way to the top of her field?  Has she ever had to fight against prejudice or inequality?  Sleeping with the boss doesn't get you anywhere in tennis.   At the very least Mika should have just kept her mouth shut.  But no, she sat there with her pasty face and curled lip passing judgment on something she knows shit about, pretending she's the ambassador of all women while at the same time trying to be one of the boys.

• Love 6

Joe is in his bunker, which is ridiculous. As if Joe didn’t share his opinions enough, now he’s getting time to talk about his Op-Ed.

Joe’s absence from the studio does mitigate the JoeBros atmosphere, but the center of the show remains Joe and his opinion of the news (affirmed in his brilliance by Mika) and not analysis of the news by experts and insiders. 

I should have stayed away...

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, may flowers said:

Joe is in his bunker, which is ridiculous. As if Joe didn’t share his opinions enough, now he’s getting time to talk about his Op-Ed.

Joe’s absence from the studio does mitigate the JoeBros atmosphere, but the center of the show remains Joe and his opinion of the news (affirmed in his brilliance by Mika) and not analysis of the news by experts and insiders. 

I should have stayed away...

Between the separate bunkers and Meeks V-neck collared top in somber black in honor of 9/11 I bounced when they quickly pivoted to something else that shined the spotlight on them (gee, Joe wrote an op-ed.  I'm stunned).

Ok, I just tuned back in and Elise's sweater is making me itch.  It's cooler here (thank goodness) but still not sweater weather.  Reminds me of when I couldn't wait to wear my new school clothes.

eta:  Goodness it's hard to believe it's been 17 years since 9/11.  A whole new generation has been born since then.  God bless.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 4

Mika's breathless recitation of Joe's deathless prose (hurl).    It's like a boastful mother reading her kid's essay to dinner guests.  And he just sits there and LETS HER.   Shameless.

Oh, and look, they're doubling down on Serena Williams.   It couldn't have anything to do with Mika's pillorying on Twitter yesterday, could it?

• Love 6

Joe and Lupica were wrong, but Mika's argument is just stupid.  Serena wasn't "becoming?"  Is it not "becoming" of LeBron to argue an errant foul call in Game 7 of the Championship Series?  Serena needs to know that her value isn't as an athletic champion competing against her opponent and a biased umpire, but instead her value is only wrapped up in her comportment  and in only ways that make Mika feel comfortable.  Knew Yer Value, Serena.  Or is it Know Your Place?

Ugh, today's show.  Who can be the most somber and wax the most poetic.  Be more maudlin and somber than last year!  Your patriotism is on the line!  Bloviating in slow motion about where they were that day, every year.  Mika, for her part, said her "mind kept her sane."  Got a real way with words there, Winston Churchill.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Oh, and look, they're doubling down on Serena Williams.   It couldn't have anything to do with Mika's pillorying on Twitter yesterday, could it?

She’s really dumb enough to drag out her dragging for day two?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, may flowers said:

I’m fairly shocked no one warned Joe about the horrible optics of releasing something with a title saying Trump is worse than a terror attack on September 11. Or maybe someone did and he didn’t listen. But it’s terribly tone death.

• Love 1

I cannot believe they are bad mouthing Serena Williams. Obviously none of them ever participated in athletic competitions.  Assholes.  I guess they're used to being accused of cheating and it doesn't bother them,  since they're both experts at it. 

And thank you, dipshit, for reading your idiot boyfriend's moronic column about how Donald Trump is worse than over 3,000 Americans dying.  

I can't recall who Joe was talking to, maybe Ignatius, but he kept asking "Are we safer than we were 5 years ago? Are we safer than we were 10 years ago? Are we safer than we were on Sept 10?" I was like JFC Joe, "Are we safer than we were 6 years ago but not 7? How about at 5:30 this morning but not now?" 

Even the less than 5 minutes I have this cluster fuck on each morning is too much. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I’m fairly shocked no one warned Joe about the horrible optics of releasing something with a title saying Trump is worse than a terror attack on September 11. Or maybe someone did and he didn’t listen. But it’s terribly tone death.

This is how weird twitter is. Joe is getting attacked  there about this Op-Ed (and rightly so, it was a dumb thing to write on Sept 11th). Then apparently Don Jr tweeted that Joe owed an apology to the 9/11 victims. Mika tweetted a repsonse to the Don Jr tweet that made absolutely no sense, and just quckly scanning through the responses to Mika's tweet, at least 90% of them are trump-bashing tweets.

• Love 2

Daily Beast is letting them have it.  I cannot believe that idiot said they hate us because of freedom.  FFS Joe you really are an idiot. 

Don Jr called them out, and Mika told him to drink chamomile tea and go collect money from Russia.  ETA Sorry cased I read your comment after I hit submit. But yeah Mika's tweet is ridiculous. That's the second time she's told someone on Twitter to calm down after they go after her after an idiotic comment on the show. 

This party is going to be off the hook.  I'll bring the popcorn. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinski-go-to-war-with-don-jr-over-trump-911-analogy?ref=home

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Daily Beast is letting them have it.  I cannot believe that idiot said they hate us because of freedom.  FFS Joe you really are an idiot. 

Don Jr called them out, and Mika told him to drink chamomile tea and go collect money from Russia.  ETA Sorry cased I read your comment after I hit submit. But yeah Mika's tweet is ridiculous. That's the second time she's told someone on Twitter to calm down after they go after her after an idiotic comment on the show. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinski-go-to-war-with-don-jr-over-trump-911-analogy?ref=home

What a time for them to be going on the road for live shows and Q&As. Lol

• Love 1

I'm sure those events are vetted more than a Trump rally. (except for the last one when the plaid shirt kid got in) 

Can you name Mika's pig?  What does KYV stand for?  Do Mika's daughters hate her; are resigned to ignore her; refuse to attend the wedding if she ever marries Joe; or all of the above.

Name three times on the show that Joe said he was in Congress.  Trick question - it's every time he's on the show!!!! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

That's rich, Junior demanding an apology for 9/11 victims' families based on what Scarborough said in his op ed piece, which Mika read on the show.

Junior should demand an apology from Daddy for boasting on that fateful day seventeen years ago that now his is the tallest building in Manhattan.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4