Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Oh goody, Trump voter panels.    Stop trying to salvage the Republican party, Scarborough.   They're supporting a racist, delusional cult leader.   There's no silver lining in there.

The audience looks like it's being held hostage.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, millennium said:

Oh goody, Trump voter panels.    Stop trying to salvage the Republican party, Scarborough.   They're supporting a racist, delusional cult leader.   There's no silver lining in there.

The audience looks like it's being held hostage.

Exactly.  I can't believe they spent the money to drag everyone down there for that voter panel that illuminated nothing.  And geez that audience.  It's like they were promised a meet and greet with the MSU mascot and ended up with them.  Low energy.

• Love 3

The infuriating thing about Scarborough's remarks was the way he tried to make it seem that the only reason they're Trump supporters is because Democrats leaders like Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton are so detestable -- not because they are drawn to Trump's xenophobic, racist, nationalist propaganda and policies.   It's all the Democrats' fault that the poor Republican deplorables must support Donald Trump.  

That's enough of this bullshit for me today.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5

All these big stories this morning, and they're in Mississippi talking to Trump voters? This is why, when you want news, you definitely do not want to watch Morning Joe. Just a bunch of bloviators trying to justify themselves and their insufferable opinions.

• Love 8

Our power was off during the night...it is back on; but things are blowing.  I wondered if they were actually going to go on the road what with the weather story going on; counter-programming?  If so, the network chose the wrong counter.  Why watch this ick if you can tune into CNN and watch Chris Cuomo in casual dress, biceps bulging.  And John Berman cracking wise as he was geting blown around.  Yes, it is crazy watching these reporters out in the elements and it gets old really fast.  But it is way better than what MJ is putting on.

When did Joe get so obnoxious and full of himself?  He wasn't like that when he first took over from Imus; at least not that I can remember.  I can't remember if Meeka was on board at the beginning or came on later.  This show is an ego-drive mess...and not in a good way.  Back to Chris Cuomo for me.

• Love 3

I'm enjoying the show a little more than usual. There is a better dynamic with them all together.  Though the forum segments were dreary, I had to laugh at what Trump supporters consider his best qualities as I don't see any.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Our power was off during the night...it is back on; but things are blowing.  I wondered if they were actually going to go on the road what with the weather story going on; counter-programming?  If so, the network chose the wrong counter.  Why watch this ick if you can tune into CNN and watch Chris Cuomo in casual dress, biceps bulging.  And John Berman cracking wise as he was geting blown around.  Yes, it is crazy watching these reporters out in the elements and it gets old really fast.  But it is way better than what MJ is putting on

Kemper (and Landsnark) good thoughts my friend and that you all stay safe and dry!

As for MJ counterprogramming, if they wanted to follow a story down south the senate race in TX is much more exciting.  There is nothing going on in Mississippi except the big football game tomorrow so the only people that are fooling with this nonsense is themselves.  Their BS with that focus group is laughable at best and in my opinion has blown up in their faces (not that they care, Roll Tide!).  Back to what I like to call "The Gun Show" . . . :)

• Love 2

That section when Joe caused a Mika screech about Eddie Glaude’s tie... Glaude really seems over Joe’s shit.

ETA They just panned the crowd for the first time since I’ve been watching rather than listening. Did they get this audience from an all-white retirement community?

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Are they dressed in matching Ole Miss gear while everyone else is in suits or dresses? 

Earlier in the show they had a tight shot of just Elise and Meeks.  At the risk of sounding sexist/ageist, Elise looks great in that dress (that color is very flattering on her and I love the shoe choice) and Meeks looks like she raided her daughter's closet.

• Love 1

Oh this guy running for the senate . . . UGH!  I don't mind listening to opinions different from mine as I enjoy a good debate but yikes.  Go get him Willie and Eddie  (and thanks very little for your non-input Joe and Mika.  Man do they sit on their hands when the going gets tough).

• Love 1

When I briefly had the show on, Joe was going off about how Democrats were introducing this new info about Kavanaugh at the last minute and that some staff leaked the gist of the info! Oh, how unfair it is to him while it's not unfair at all that thousands of pages of documents with Kavanaugh's opinions during his work in the White House are totally off limits even though they have direct relevance to the cases he'd be reviewing. Whatever.

• Love 4

?GET HIM, EDDIE GLAUDE! He’s the only one on set making this man speak for his blatant racism. Earlier in the segment, Mika mouthed “he’s good.” 

And Joe just moved the conversation away from race. Of course he did.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Wait. Mika is sitting in a pillow. 

That's something new, don't believe it was there at the beginning of the show.  I guess her boney butt isn't used to sitting in an anchor chair for three straight hours.

5 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

?GET HIM, EDDIE GLAUDE! He’s the only one on set making this man speak for his blatant racism. Earlier in the segment, Mika mouthed “he’s good.” 

And Joe just moved the conversation away from race. Of course he did.

Plus the audience not only booed him but applauded Elise when she went after him about the confederate flag.  Glad the panel guests are taking up the slack for the anchors and waking up the audience members.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

That's something new, don't believe it was there at the beginning of the show.  I guess her boney butt isn't used to sitting in an anchor chair for three straight hours.

She looks a little ridiculous sitting on top of Joe like this too. He’s just so much larger than her, it’s looming. His face alone is taller than her entire body.

But I guess they can’t be separated by a single body for three hours to balance out the screen.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

People are losing their lives, livelihood, or homes... but let’s focus on the impact of the hurricane on college football. 

Jesus that chyron . . . Hurricane Florence affects college football schedule . . . jesus.

• Love 1

?GET HIM, EDDIE GLAUDE! 

Somebody PLEASE make a GIF of Eddie's face. the WTF disgustedness of it!

Hurricane Florence affects college football schedule . . . jesus.

I know!1 That was definitely Joe's editorial direction there.

Ok this is picky but what else are we here for---when Mika was closing a political segment, she says very animatedly "And now we go to the hurricane closing in on the coast!!!" in the same bright newsy voice she would use to say, "and after the break we'll read Trumps latest tweet!!"

His face alone is taller than her entire body.

HEE!  I love it here......

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

When did Joe get so obnoxious and full of himself?  He wasn't like that when he first took over from Imus; at least not that I can remember.  I can't remember if Meeka was on board at the beginning or came on later. 

So you never saw Scarborough Country?  Mika was on Morning Joe from pretty much the beginning IIRC. 

As if Mika could get any lamer, her "Roll Tide,heheheheheheh".   Just admit it, you don't enjoy sports, you know nothing about sports, you think a quarterback is when you give someone $1 for something that cost 75 cents.  

For the love of God, cable news, newspapers, etc. STOP INTERVIEWING TRUMP VOTERS.  

43 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

When I briefly had the show on, Joe was going off about how Democrats were introducing this new info about Kavanaugh at the last minute and that some staff leaked the gist of the info!

Like Kasie Hunt and her huge tweet thread about it last night?  Joe forgot to mention the woman has an attorney, and she was on Capitol Hill earlier this week. She works with the #metoo movement.  Joe did it ever occur to you that maybe the FBI didn't get around to interviewing every person Kavanaugh went to high school with because they're too busy looking into his gambling problems.  And maybe, like Anita Hill, this woman feels he's too dangerous to be appointed to SCOTUS, so she's come forward now.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

As for MJ counterprogramming, if they wanted to follow a story down south the senate race in TX is much more exciting. 

I mentioned this yesterday. Beto was in NYC Wednesday, why didn't they try to book him?  

• Love 1

Maybe they tried to book Beto but he had better and more important things to do.  I would think MJ would not be his first choice. 

We were watching Lawrence O'Donnell last night; I think it was his show because Mr. Kemper kept flipping to hurricane coverage.  He had on David Jolly who was marvelous.  He summed up what is happening in Washington with the Supreme Court nomination about the best I have ever heard anyone sum political stuff up.  Lawrence let him talk...didn't butt in, didn't jump in with a question or his opinion.  THIS is what a political talk show should be.  You have people on and let them talk.  I know you need humor, know you need some sarcasm and snark to be interesting to watch.  But it is always about Joe and his clueless moll sidekick.  Clueless, self-involved, overdone, over made-up, trend-influencer wannabee is Morning Meeka.  (I made up some of those words).

And yes, I want to hear more about Kavanaugh's skeletons; guess this show is not the place. And Florence is taking away some of the oxygen on this story.  

So far so good with the storm; fingers crossed.  We are getting refugees in tomorrow from the coast.  They fled but turns out it was in the wrong direction.  We have plenty of wine, bourbon, vodka and beer.  Cheese and crackers.  Even if the power goes out for an extended period of time, we are set.  Bagels. pimento cheese, peanut butter.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I want to hear more about Kavanaugh's skeletons

Attempted rape. Feinstein's had the letter since July.  Can't wait to hear how Ms Know Your Value responds to this. 

Hang tough Kemper. Where exactly are you?  I heard it's now going west into GA. 

pimento cheese

Never understood the appeal on that one!

Attempted rape?  Never heard that one! Just now heard the gambling, did they talk about the gambling today? Of course, none of this matters.  Trump would nominate Harvey Weinstein if he went to law school and agreed not to prosecute him.

• Love 2

I'm still disgusted with the voter focus group.

Joe said they played word association with them but I didn't see them show it. When they said John McCain, the responses were patriot or whatever you'd expect.

You trump voters can go f-- yourself.

You have continued to support a man who cruelly attacked John McCain to the bitter end.

• Love 4

What is so frustrating about all of this is that no matter who the nominee is, no matter what they have done, they will be confirmed.  Again, that is what David Jolly was saying.  Has he ever been on MJ?  I think he has, along with other great people who no longer appear all that often.  I saw Jonathan Capeheart...maybe it was on LD last night. I remember when he was on with JoMeek all the time.  Like  a lot of other people.  I am surprised that Jon Heileman still shows up.  I digress.

Seems it has taken quite awhile for these Kavanaugh stories to get some play;  Did MJ discuss it at any length?  There was a site awhile back where you could check and compare ratings.  I guess The Gold Dust Twins' ratings must be doing fine; or they wouldn't feel they could get away with such unprofessional behavior.  And I don't know why but I still enjoy bitching about it; maybe because it only gets more egregious with every passing week.

We are about 2 1/2 hours from the ocean; we were supposed to experience a bit of the End Days according to reports early this week; but thankfully that changed.  I hate to say "thankfully" because so many are suffering and it seems like we are happy it is not us.  My heart goes with them because we did live at the beach for about 10 years and suffered through Fran and Floyd; plus tropical storms.  This Board is a great stress reliever and outlet for frustration.  I love it.  And I don't feel my age when I read and post.

I never saw the appeal of pimento cheese, either.  Until we retired south and I had it with green chiles.

Edited by Kemper
added last sentence
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Kemper said:

So far so good with the storm; fingers crossed.  We are getting refugees in tomorrow from the coast.  They fled but turns out it was in the wrong direction.  We have plenty of wine, bourbon, vodka and beer.  Cheese and crackers.  Even if the power goes out for an extended period of time, we are set.  Bagels. pimento cheese, peanut butter.

Kemper my friend I have hard salami and a more than ample supply of crackers as for some reason I simply cannot stay out of that aisle in the store.  Stay safe my friend and if you need restocking just let me know!  Continued good thoughts and prayers for you and all those impacted by this dreadful storm.

5 hours ago, stormy said:

I too love David Jolly.

One of my absolute fave raves.  Such a great guest although I notice he usually shows up now in the afternoon/PM shows (can't imagine why).

• Love 1

Updated Mon. guest list: Donny Deutsch, Kasie Hunt, John Heilemann, Benjamin Wittes, Jim VandeHei, Emma Brown, Robert Costa, Jonathan Turley, Joyce Vance, Sen. Dick Durbin, Fred Kempe, Martin Fletcher, Fmr. Pres. Jimmy Carter, Bari Weiss and more

I hope people are keeping safe in the storms and floods. 

Mika presenting but no mention of Joe. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Woodman said:

Mika presenting but no mention of Joe. 

They are both there in their separate bunkers.  Time to start placing your bets as to when Meeks works in KYV during the Kavanaugh discussion.  It's nuts that she handed the topic off to Joe to moderate the discussion as this should be totally in her wheelhouse but it's just another example of how dysfunctional this show is.

• Love 4
On 9/14/2018 at 6:38 PM, Chloesmom said:

Kemper my friend I have hard salami

For a sec, I thought you were discussing Kavanagh.

How many times a week does Mika wear that frumpy navy blouse?

21 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

It's nuts that she handed the topic off to Joe to moderate the discussion as this should be totally in her wheelhouse but it's just another example of how dysfunctional this show is.

She's demonstrating more every day that her skills are limited to reciting articles written by others.  Today it was the Washington Post piece, practically verbatim.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, millennium said:

She's demonstrating more every day that her skills are limited to reciting articles written by others.  Today it was the Washington Post piece, practically verbatim.

And she’s not even good at that.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Eliot said:

And she’s not even good at that.

Agreed.   This Kavanagh thing is like a perfect storm.   A man who will potentially have the power to take away women's control of their own bodies stands accused of trying to sexually violate a young woman's body.

The prospect they raised of the senators grilling Dr. Ford is chilling.   I shudder to think of all those male assholes tearing into Dr. Ford before the eyes of the nation, trying to make her look like a liar or a loon.   Can you imagine Trey Gowdy trying to discredit her?  Orrin Hatch?   

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, millennium said:

Agreed.   This Kavanagh thing is like a perfect storm.   A man who will potentially have the power to take away women's control of their own bodies stands accused of trying to sexually violate a young woman's body.

The prospect they raised of the senators grilling Dr. Ford is chilling.   I shudder to think of all those male assholes tearing into Dr. Ford before the eyes of the nation, trying to make her look like a liar or a loon.   Can you imagine Trey Gowdy trying to discredit her?  Orrin Hatch?   

Well, Trey is in the house.  It would be Sasse and Graham and Grassley and Flake.  Unlike with Anita Hill, there will be women in the room.  Dianne Feinstein owes her seat to those hearings.  Women began to run for office and get elected.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, SFoster21 said:

Well, Trey is in the house.  It would be Sasse and Graham and Grassley and Flake.  Unlike with Anita Hill, there will be women in the room.  Dianne Feinstein owes her seat to those hearings.  Women began to run for office and get elected.  

Appreciate the clarification.  

It’s stunning to me how - on a story whose central issues form the core of her business and about which she will soon have a book published - Mika has abdicated her role in the discussion. It’s arguably the biggest story of the day and she lets others handle it. She really has become simply a TelePrompTer reader. Wow. 

• Love 2

And can we please stop with the endless anniversaries?   Seriously, the 40th Anniversary of the Camp David Accords?  Who gives a flying fuck?

Oh, I Just heard Mika say "my father."   There ya go.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 7

7:45 AM after I listened to the snooze-inducing piece on the Camp David accords for the second airing today (zzzz) I hear that Mika almost ran over Menachim Begun with a golf cart.  I thought she threw up on somebody????  Mika perhaps you should have deduced back then that a life in the public eye was not for you????

Bari Weiss speaks Yiddish better than Mika......

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, may flowers said:

It’s stunning to me how - on a story whose central issues form the core of her business and about which she will soon have a book published - Mika has abdicated her role in the discussion. It’s arguably the biggest story of the day and she lets others handle it. She really has become simply a TelePrompTer reader. Wow. 

She's pathetic.  

The Camp David accords were an attempt to bring peace to the Middle East, and Mika's dad was involved in brokering them.  It is a pretty important milestone in history. 

I was glad to see Heileman on this morning. I was lmao at him last night on The Circus, talking to Steve Bannon. I wish they could have talked to him about it this morning but I'm sure the Kavanaugh thing took over, as it should. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, stormy said:

Glad Joe pointed out that the Republicans on the Judiciary Committee are white men.  And he repeated it. :)

Just seeing Mitch surrounded by his old white man posse disgusts me.

I mean, I know he’s never there anymore, but can he remember the shades of the Morning Joe table...

• Love 3