Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Did Joe even mention the name 'Mika' today?  Are we not supposed to notice that she's not there?  Or are we not supposed to care.  A long long time ago couldn't Joe - or somebody - have said, "Mika will be taking a month (or 4) off for book tour/piggy bonding/rehab" and squelched the speculation in the bud?

MJ seems to be dying a slow, prolonged death.  It should just be put out of its misery at this point.

Nope, no mention of Meeks.  I think folks have gotten used to her not joining the show so they've probably entered into the there's nothing to see her portion of the timeline.

• Love 1

And here we go again...Joe (and others) bemoaning what has become of "their" party.  Hello!  Your party has been going this route for years...with the culmination of The Tea Party and the racist tone it set.  I think Joe bashed Obama almost every day with ... just in my opinion... "hate" undertones in the bashing.

So to quote Julia Sugarbaker..."If the world hasn't turned out quite the way you wanted, you only have yourself to thank for it" ---  I know I probably didn't get that exactly right.  And there is no way you can have a talk or discussion type of show when most of the parties, and especially the host, are not present at the desk.  Geez, what a waste of three hours; if you cannot appreciate your good fortune in being paid to host a relevant, entertaining three hours every day (and most people would), then you should find another line of work.  I am SO FRUSTRATED with the wasteland this show has become.  And what a wasted opportunity for the network.

• Love 9

Wow they have managed to rally up Heilemann, a Vanity Fair reporter, and an older man on set!  This show is so bizarre. And they gave the VF reporter like 3 minutes to say essentially nothing about Cohen. 

They’re doing that thing where the have a commercial break, come back for Joe to read who is coming up in the next hour (gonna be packed!) and then back to more commercials. 

It’s funny flipping to CNN and flipping back. The contrast seems so stark. 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, may flowers said:

Is it just me or does Joe seem to support Trump while denouncing him?

Nah. Not just you.

WOMEN STANDING IN THE RAIN TO VOTE!

Pass me the vodka, She Who Shan’t Be Named!

• Love 8

I'm so tired of hearing Joe bash Hillary as the "worst candidate ever in the history of politics." First of all, for someone who was such a terrible candidate she managed to trounce Trump in the popular vote.

Secondly, can you look at the candidates the Dems have fielded over the past few decades and honestly say that she was a worse candidate that John Kerry (with that cringeworthy "reporting for duty" salute at the Democratic convention) or Mike Dukakis (looking like Snoopy in the tank)? I mean, REALLY?

• Love 9

Holy cow, they are not even trying anymore.  The last 20 minutes was a D.L. Hughley interview (I can't even find when it first aired) and even his handoff to the next hour was pre-taped (although I do enjoy watching that C.B.C. montage.  Well done!).  Yikes.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Although this show is dead, it's unclear who killed it. Maybe it will be on an episode of Forensic Files.

They can do an NBC crossover with a Dateline episode! Or, in honor of the Brit fans and show guests maybe Inspector Lewis will take it on!

• Love 2

Hoo boy, Joe's going to be all country lawyering all over the place tomorrow . . . he actually woke up and starting using his twitter account just now.  Nothing like a nice guilty verdict to get the old juices flowing again.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, stormy said:

Oy. Keith Morrison looks like the grim reaper.

Check out Bill Hader's Keith Morrison impression on Saturday Night Live.   He nails it.

9 hours ago, Woodman said:

And I’ve noticed Elise Jordan is edging back into the Trump camp since Rand Paul became one of Trump’s new chums. 

Rand Paul.   I hope somebody pulls the rug out from over him.

I loved it when his Democratic opponent cracked "Rand Paul can be beaten -- just ask his neighbor."

• Love 8

Well I know who would prosecute this show's murderer/murderess... Avenotti.

Oh, also... tomorrow's show is going to be nuuuuutz.  And at the same time, more of the same.  I wonder if Drunky McGoo will part that platinum hair and don a frumpy cardigan and "tsk tsk" felonies.  
Is this all real?

• Love 2

Updated Weds. guest list: Kasie Hunt, Elise Jordan, Jon Meacham, Donny Deutsch, Danny Cevallos, Emily Jane Fox, Jonathan Turley, Barbara McQuade, Eugene Robinson, ctd…

...Joyce Vance, Daniel Goldman, Clint Watts, Lanny Davis, Zephyr Teachout, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Elie Honig, Rebecca Davis O’Brien, Shannon Pettypiece, Josh Lederman and more

It’s a big news day.  Will MJ shake off it’s ennui and rise to the challenge.   

• Love 2

Ok, I just got through putting my eyeballs back in my head . . . Mika is clearly on top of her game today (Joe is off, tweeting and writing a piece for the WP).  Donny is on set as he spoke to Cohen last night.  Good panel (thanks for the post Woodman), should be a good show!

• Love 3

Personally I find it highly suspicious that Joe is off today at the same time Avenatti is aggressively roaming the airwaves.  If Meeks was wearing her red dress I would think she has Joe tied up in his bunker . . . :)

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, freddi said:

I heard the voice, somewhat familiar, and thought, "could it be?"!  Yes, Meeeka!!!

My thoughts exactly!!  And she sounds righteously indignant too!  Girl's come roaring back.   Of course, we're only 10 minutes in; she'll find a way to f*ck it up somehow.  She always does. 

2 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Personally I find it highly suspicious that Joe is off today at the same time Avenatti is aggressively roaming the airwaves.  If Meeks was wearing her red dress I would think she has Joe tied up in his bunker . . . :)

You know where my mind went with this, right? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, millennium said:

Did I just hear Elise call Trump a scumbag?

Oh my God she did and it all sounded so natural it just flew over my pointy little head.  Great catch millennium!

And speaking of Elise, why is Mika pronouncing her name Eleeeze?

• Love 1

And no Mika you do not need to get to Omarosa (who is apparently the new darling of MSNBC).  That "video" they teased all day for Hardball was a joke and she is playing anyone that comes within 100 feet of her.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, may flowers said:

I have to give Mika credit - she’s brought a needed jolt of energy to the show. Her time off seemed to have been good for her - she’s sharp and focused. 

Mika is better on her own than when she’s smothered by Joe’s huge ego and views.

So far this show is crisper, and more informative than it’s been for a while.   

Edited by Woodman
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, millennium said:

I can't not like Omarosa.

She's great for snark but right now you can take the last 12 hours and shoot it directly into my veins.  Have her on tomorrow, please don't harsh my buzz with her BS today . . . :)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

She's great for snark but right now you can take the last 12 hours and shoot it directly into my veins.  Have her on tomorrow, please don't harsh my buzz with her BS today . . . :)

The video was pretty lame, and more so in the context of what's going on right now.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Mika better on her own than when she’s smothered by Joe’s huge ego and views.

So far this show is crisper, and more informative than it’s been for a while.   

Totally agree.  When Mika is on her game like today, I love watching the show.  It's a shame that those two can't seem to co-exist on air anymore without devolving into a passive aggressive version of the Bickersons.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, millennium said:

Mika spoke of deflections.   I imagine it won't be long before they try to get some mileage out of the murdered girl in Iowa.

They already are.  Fox is running with it.

• Love 3

Why can't this Mika show up when Joe is there??  When he's sitting beside her, she just cowers.   Her head lowers, she clams up, she adds nothing to the conversation.  But take him out of the picture and she comes alive.  It's positively transformative.  Can she really be this seriously unaware as to not notice this herself?  And why would she want to hitch herself to a man who so clearly intimidates her so publicly?   I.Do.Not.Get.It.

She is doing a fabulous job this morning.  (Now there's a sentence I thought I'd never type).  I especially appreciate how she asks a question then lets the panelist speak, uninterrupted.  Who knew such a thing could even happen on MSNBC, where all the hosts seem to have studied under the insufferable Chris Matthews.  Her boyfriend is the prime example of that.   (Joe "Hold on!  Hold on!" Scarborough.  ?)

I wouldn't even mind if they shit-canned Joe and went with Morning Mika.  Yes I know that's a fantasy, but a girl can dream, can't she?

• Love 6

Mika is doing a good job this morning but her tone of voice is almost manic. I find it annoying.

I agree with milleninium, we'll have to get right on that donation LOL. I wonder if "the candidate" paid the fees he owed to Michael for his services.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Why can't this Mika show up when Joe is there??  When he's sitting beside her, she just cowers.   Her head lowers, she clams up, she adds nothing to the conversation.  But take him out of the picture and she comes alive.  It's positively transformative.  Can she really be this seriously unaware as to not notice this herself?  And why would she want to hitch herself to a man who so clearly intimidates her so publicly?   I.Do.Not.Get.It.

She is doing a fabulous job this morning.  (Now there's a sentence I thought I'd never type).  I especially appreciate how she asks a question then lets the panelist speak, uninterrupted.  Who knew such a thing could even happen on MSNBC, where all the hosts seem to have studied under the insufferable Chris Matthews.  Her boyfriend is the prime example of that.   (Joe "Hold on!  Hold on!" Scarborough.  ?)

I wouldn't even mind if they shit-canned Joe and went with Morning Mika.  Yes I know that's a fantasy, but a girl can dream, can't she?

I agree with this.  I think she’s in awe of him as she seemed to be with her father.   She still doesn’t know her value because she needs what she sees as a powerful man to give her esteem.  

I remember a segment when she interviewed Chris Matthews and she was clearly in awe.  I’d never seen him before and the segment didn’t make me rush to the website to watch.  

Also today’s show has so many more women contributors, which is very refreshing too.  

• Love 4

There are eight little boxes. I want to believe that’s very subtle shade but I imagine it’s just another coincidence (admittedly more of a coincidence than Joe and Mika not being on set together in over a month).

• Love 1