Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Is it possible that CNN, MSNBC, the stations I follow ARE incredibly biased and he is doing good things that we aren't hearing about?  

No.   If that were the case, the stories would be prominently featured on Fox, in such a way that the other networks could not possibly ignore them without risking legitimate and quantifiable accusations of bias.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

No matter what he does he still stays in the low 40s in popularity, maybe high 30s.  No matter what he says or does.  Is it possible that CNN, MSNBC, the stations I follow ARE incredibly biased and he is doing good things that we aren't hearing about?  

If Morning Joe and CNN and the rest of the media would quit chasing the squirrels that the orange buffoon and his pack of crony crooks throw out there constantly and reported the news of what's really going on, his popularity would drop. If, just for an example, the media would make half as big a deal out of the Republicans eliminating health care for pre-existing conditions as they are about Omarosa's book, the opinions of most Americans might change. Instead of Joe and Mika and Willy just reading all of Trump's tweets which are chalk full of lies and mistruths, they could actually do some journalism and inform their viewers! Imagine that!

• Love 14

Updated Weds. guest list: Donny Deutsch, Heidi Przybyla, Richard Haass, Eugene Robinson, Rev. Al Sharpton, Mike Allen, Jonathan Turley, Mimi Rocah, Craig Unger, Daniel Goldman, Rep. Jim Himes, Glenn Kirschner and more

Joe and Willie open with baseball.  No Mika, no mention of Mika. 

Heidi is very good and is prepared to argue her point.  Heidi and Willie would be a good combination.   Heidi and anyone tbh. 

• Love 2

Joe:  Trump never said anything so derogatory behind closed doors and Mika would tell you the same if she were here . . . hey yeah, about Mika . . . . I see the topic du jour is reminiscing about their relationship with Trump (I guess before he became a bigot *wink*) which explains why Donny is parked at the table (for a second I thought it was Friday).

• Love 1

6:15 AM--Donny employs the word "Fluffer" for probably the first time on a major news show.  Mika, watching the show from a seaside deck in Nantucket texts Donny to ask what a fluffer is.  Donny answers and Mika shrieks, flinging herself into the Atlantic Ocean.

• Love 8

I'd like Heidi and maybe someone who isn't Willie. After the reminder he used to be Carlson's sidekick, I'm kinda over him. Plus, let's get all new hosts if that's the direction this is headed. Heidi and I don't know a person who has some knowledge of what it's like to not be white?   

5 hours ago, shok said:
23 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

No matter what he does he still stays in the low 40s in popularity, maybe high 30s.  No matter what he says or does.  Is it possible that CNN, MSNBC, the stations I follow ARE incredibly biased and he is doing good things that we aren't hearing about?  

If Morning Joe and CNN and the rest of the media would quit chasing the squirrels that the orange buffoon and his pack of crony crooks throw out there constantly and reported the news of what's really going on, his popularity would drop. If, just for an example, the media would make half as big a deal out of the Republicans eliminating health care for pre-existing conditions as they are about Omarosa's book, the opinions of most Americans might change. Instead of Joe and Mika and Willy just reading all of Trump's tweets which are chalk full of lies and mistruths, they could actually do some journalism and inform their viewers! Imagine that!

Taking my reply to small talk as it's not about the show but about Omarosa, and her take on this very subject, which God help us, makes sense. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

6:15 AM--Donny employs the word "Fluffer" for probably the first time on a major news show.  Mika, watching the show from a seaside deck in Nantucket texts Donny to ask what a fluffer is.  Donny answers and Mika shrieks, flinging herself into the Atlantic Ocean.

Sometimes it's tough to look in the mirror.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Someone on the panel this morning said "Aahmarosa" as did Christ Matthews last night.

In fairness, I've heard her name pronounced that way by a lot of people, as well as people pronouncing it with the long "O."  I've never heard her say her name, but I'd be interested to know how she pronounces it.  Not that I care about her though. 

5 hours ago, Woodman said:

Joe and Willie open with baseball.  No Mika, no mention of Mika. 

Heidi is very good and is prepared to argue her point.  Heidi and Willie would be a good combination.   Heidi and anyone tbh. 

I really like Heidi, and I respect her intelligence enormously.  But she has quite a serious bent, so if they went with her, hopefully they'd choose a co-host with an obvious sense of humor, and Willie seems to fits that bill.  Of course there are others, none of which come to mind right now.  I'd like to see Kaisie as a host also; could she do both gigs?  Dunno.  How about Nicolle and Steve Schmidt?  .........   Okay, I must stop fantasizing; it makes me hate the reality of JoMeeka even more than i already do.

No mention of Mika.  That's becoming a theme.  She should be worried. 

5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I'd like Heidi and maybe someone who isn't Willie. After the reminder he used to be Carlson's sidekick, I'm kinda over him. 

Wait, he went from being Tucker Carlson's sidekick to Joe Scarborough's sidekick?   Can you imagine having to look in the mirror each morning knowing that your career -- your life -- amounts to being second banana to a raving asshole?   Like that's all there is?   Where did he graduate from?  The Ed McMahon School of Management? (Our Motto: "You are correct, sir!")

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

How about Nicolle and Steve Schmidt?  .

Nicole is great. she has a great sense of humor, but we'd need someone to balance the politics. Nicole and Heileman? 

And yes millennium it appears Willie is a professional "asshole sidekick". 

Was he bitching this morning becos his wife made him put sheets on the mattress? FFS you troglodyte. You don't sleep on a bare mattress.  Dump his ass, Mrs Geist. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Was he bitching this morning becos his wife made him put sheets on the mattress? FFS you troglodyte. You don't sleep on a bare mattress.  Dump his ass, Mrs Geist. 

I still think he should marry Ann Coulter, so she can change her name to Ann Coulter-Geist.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

Someone on the panel this morning said "Aahmarosa" as did Christ Matthews last night.

Chris Matthews pronounced it six different ways last night! On MJ this morning I heard "Oh-marosa," "Am-arosa," and "Ah-marosa." 

I am now obsessed with learning the true pronunciation.

• Love 1

Chris Matthews...Amarosa...Dick Cheeney.  And yes, after Matthews pronounced it AM, he came back from a commercial and pronounced it AHM.  I wish I could remember who on MJ this morning was saying AM.  Maybe not one of the regular regulars.  And yes to Nicole and John Heileman.  But I think he has his own thing going on Showtime or some such.

No guest list this morning but it’s Willie and Kasie.  ‘Joe and Mika have the morning off’ 

Heidi is also there with John Heilemann but I didn’t catch the other people mentioned at the top.  Willie and Kasie are too bland for me.  

I agree about Heidi being serious, but I think she’s capable of being more relaxed with practice.  Also about Nicolle Wallace’s excellent interview with John Brennan last night ( well, it was nighttime for me) 

• Love 1

"Whether you’re a Democrat or a Republican, these people work hard... I have to remember that these people are all putting themselves out there for our country." — @MorningMika

Start your morning with Joe and Mika. Sign up for the @morning_joe newsletter: https://on.msnbc.com/2xPdDMP https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1030050287216672768/photo/1

This has just appeared on my Twitter stream....  they are either unaware or trolling. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Woodman said:

This has just appeared on my Twitter stream....  they are either unaware or trolling. 

The comments are hilariously accurate.  We here are far from the only disgusted, disgruntled viewers.  More than one poster suggested Nicolle W. and John H. as replacements for the current MIA hosts.   When Willie said, "Joe and Mika have the morning off", I yelled at the TV "Joe and Mika have the show off!! Every single day!!!" ----   It's truly time to give these three hours to someone who would appreciate the platform, the pay, and who would actually show up to work everyday.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

The comments are hilariously accurate.  We here are far from the only disgusted, disgruntled viewers.  More than one poster suggested Nicolle W. and John H. as replacements for the current MIA hosts.   When Willie said, "Joe and Mika have the morning off", I yelled at the TV "Joe and Mika have the show off!! Every single day!!!" ----   It's truly time to give these three hours to someone who would appreciate the platform, the pay, and who would actually show up to work everyday.

Oh thank you Ladyrain as I thought it was just me that yelled at the TV.  I am amazed at the range of different topics and discussions covered today.  It seems when Mr. and Mrs. Morning Joe don't put in an appearance the show become more . . . interesting/newsworthy/I don't have to have the remote glued to my hand watchable.

• Love 2

No guest list this morning but it’s Willie and Kasie.  ‘Joe and Mika have the morning off’ 

The set looked really weird to me this AM, and I realized belatedly that it was a table with people and coffee cups, not a series of Brady Bunch squares.  Noah Rothman actually looks handsome, and 33% less supercilious since he's lost weight.

• Love 2

The comments in the Morning Joe twitter feed are fucking bizarre.  60% of them are insane right wing propaganda.  What right wing maniac is hate watching MJ while at the same time hate tweeting MJ and speed-memeing pictures of Mika?  The internet is disgusting and discouraging.

But this was funny:
Ginny Ellinger‏ @ellinger_ginny 22m22 minutes ago
Replying to @MSNBC @morningmika @Morning_Joe
Noah Rothman adds nothing to morning Joe. From his greasy hair to his forever "I smell a fart" expression to his right wingnut comments he is unpleasant to look at or listen to. Fresh batteries in the remote and bye bye Noah

Also, how many new suits has Robert Costa had to buy in the last 9 months??  The one he has on this morning is too big.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

The set looked really weird to me this AM, and I realized belatedly that it was a table with people and coffee cups, not a series of Brady Bunch squares.  Noah Rothman actually looks handsome, and 33% less supercilious since he's lost weight.

THAT'S what's different . . . there are people sitting around the anchor table having a discussion . . . goodness it's been so long I almost forgot what a show is supposed to look like . . . thanks for the reminder W&C!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh thank you Ladyrain as I thought it was just me that yelled at the TV.  I am amazed at the range of different topics and discussions covered today.  It seems when Mr. and Mrs. Morning Joe don't put in an appearance the show become more . . . interesting/newsworthy/I don't have to have the remote glued to my hand watchable.

I know!  For the first time in - I don't know how long! - I'm actually enjoying the show today.  Kaisie and Heidi are miles beyond Mika in both intelligence and political knowledge.   I may be in the minority, but I kind of like Willie.  He's usually up on things and I like his quick wit.  And I always enjoy Heileman when he's on.  ----   Maybe MSNBC should give the show to a 4 person panel, then not every single one would have to be there every single day, but the continuity would still be intact.....without the stupid Brady Bunch visual.  I nominate Nicolle / Willie / Kaisie / Heileman.  Wish I could come up with a catchy title, though. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

No one has mentioned Kasie's new haircut and eye makeup? 
A Heilemann/Rothman show??
OMG Stephanie Reuhl is attractive.

Stephanie Ruhle is the bomb and blows both Meeks and the Mr. out of the water.  She can hold conversations/debates on so many different levels and clearly comes prepared which is clearly sorely lacking from MJ.  

I did notice that Kasie is growing her hair out but if I may please think about a few well placed highlights (and also better guests on your show, yeah I said it.  Dershowitz two weeks in a row, seriously Kasie?).

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 1

I am stating here for the record that Noah Rothman can kiss my ass, and he better pray I never run into him.  I know, hyperbole, but I am fucking pissed.  The absolute gall of that fucking weasel to insult John Brennan and Susan Rice's service to the country as being "too political to help this Administration" and "they'll have jobs in the media".  And what, pray tell, have YOU done, Noah, in service to the country, other than sit on your fat ass and criticize. Jesus Christ himself couldn't help this Administration. The only thing that will help this Administration is a nice long prison term for every one of these grifting son of a bitches. 

19 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I nominate Nicolle / Willie / Kaisie / Heileman.  Wish I could come up with a catchy title, though. 

I'm down with that.  Title:  Morning Joe 2: Only Took 10 Years But We Finally Got Rid of Them

12 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

No one has mentioned Kasie's new haircut and eye makeup? 

It looks like she got layers in the front and a nice blow out.  And that maybe she's hired a wardrobe consultant, as I haven't seen the white Blazer (may it rest in piece at Goodwill) for a while. 

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

It's interesting neither Joe nor Barnicle are present the morning that the Boston Globe's Linda Henry is on.  Her husband owns Liverpool FC and the Boston Red Sox.

It's good to be rich and be able to decide who you will interact with.

2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I'm down with that.  Title:  Morning Joe 2: Only Took 10 Years But We Finally Got Rid of Them

***snort***

From your/our lips to God's ears . . . 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Stephanie Ruhle is the bomb and blows both Meeks and the Mr. out of the water.  She can hold conversations/debates on so many different levels and clearly comes prepared which is clearly sorely lacking from MJ.  

I actually wouldn't mind seeing her and Ali Velshi take over.   They do a bang up job covering politics, financial news, etc. 

• Love 4

Yes!!!To a 4-person panel...not everyone would have to be there every day; but there would be continuity.  And a rule that there would be no more Hollywood Squares/Brady Bunch for the hosts. However,  I fear we are kind of stuck with The Gold Dust Twins because the network probably equates Mediaite mentions and clicks and replies on Twitter to a successful show.  Unless the ratings go down, maybe significantly, we may not see a change or shake-up.  To me, Willie may be easy-going and such, but I cannot get his Tucker Carlson suck-up-ness out of my mind.  If they revamp, he should go.  And I like him.  But.

Teddy'sMom...your first paragraph (actually, everything you post, but it is the latest one that I especially love) warms my heart this morning.  When I saw Noah H, I switched to CNN; which was pretty good.  They covered other things besides Trump.  This is mean of me, but I wish they would start beating MJ in the ratings...every single morning.  THAT is what will initiate changes; but sadly, CNN probably skews "older" - in other words, we do not matter.  And how many 20-30-early 40-somethings watch early morning tv?  Enough to make a difference?

• Love 5

Thanks Kemper.  I know I get overly dramatic sometimes, it's in the genes, but he just makes me sick. 

Comments like that are when someone on the panel should call him out, the clearances are useful, these people have experience and institutional memory that actual members of the IC could use, contrary to what that little asshole says.  Fuck him.  I'm going to twitter and get this over with. 

• Love 4

I’m not a vote for Willie and Kasie.  It’s personal preference and I watch the show late morning so it might be a different vibe.  Kasie always seems to suck up to the men and  is not very flexible in her reactions to the conversation.  Willie doesn’t have any area of expertise and just tries to be the ‘nice conservative guy’.  

I’d not really thought about it until that tweet but Joe and Mika treat the viewers with contempt.  

Stephanie Ruhle would be great too, as would Katy Tur and Hallie Jackson.  

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I actually wouldn't mind seeing her and Ali Velshi take over.   They do a bang up job covering politics, financial news, etc. 

Steph and Ali!!!   I'm all in.  Hopefully they wouldn't "fall in luv".  ?

You have come up with the perfect solution to this clusterf*ck.  Why won't TPTB listen to us!?!?!?!?!?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Woodman said:

I’m not a vote for Willie and Kasie.  It’s personal preference and I watch the show late morning so it might be a different vibe.  Kasie always seems to suck up to the men and  is not very flexible in her reactions to the conversation.  Willie doesn’t have any area of expertise and just tries to be the ‘nice conservative guy’.  

TBH I'm not a fan of Kasie all the time, I get the feeling, tho that Mika and Joe are grooming her for the show the way they promote her.  I have no idea why she has a two hour show on Sundays, or who is watching it.   Stephanie has little kids so maybe doing a 6-9 am show wouldn't work for her. Altho Mika's girls were only 12 or so when she started, but then she's not going to win "Mother of the Year" awards any time soon. 

• Love 2

Not a fan of Kasie possibly getting the job, either.  I see her as kind of another Meeka in her humor/lack of willingness to wing it.  Nicole Wallace could give a master class on how THAT is done (John Brennan!).  

It is not asking much to have hosts who show up.  That's all we ask.  Well, that and knowing your subject.  It is kind of nice to turn it on and not see them; show is much better.  Someone should do a pod cast lampoon of the show a few days a week.  

Today's show was not a good example of a replacement.  Wow, Heidi sure does sit up straight.  I can't remember who was sitting next to her, but it looked like he was slouching in comparison. I had never heard of Noah R before MJ...is he a conservative "pundit" or a news person?  Maybe he was the one who appeared to slouch.  Stephanie Ruhle and Ali Velshi are must-see tv, at any time of day.  But I think the 6-9 time slot can be a grind if you have young kids.  For JoeMeeka, it isn't because they don't really take it seriously or appear to need it to earn a living.

• Love 2

Heidi does sit up straight. You know who needs to take lessons from her is Savannah & Hoda, they really slouch and it's not a good look when they do a wide shot of the Today set. 

It's like JoMika just decided to take the whole month of August off. This isn't Europe!!!  The place doesn't shut down the whole month. You have jobs, and huge salaries. Earn them. 

• Love 2
On 2018-08-14 at 7:35 AM, Chloesmom said:

Heidi is just so, so good and really stands out (and shows up).  I wish MSNBC would lock her into something permanent.

What do you suppose Joe does when everyone is chatting away and he disappears for like a 15-20 minutes at a crack.  What a sweet gig those two have.

I like Heidi.busy at work dealing with the IRS

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Woodman said:

Stephanie Ruhle would be great too, as would Katy Tur and Hallie Jackson.  

I 100% agree, except for the Katy Tur part. Neither Katy nor Kasie has the gravitas necessary to hold her own against a male co-host. And both hone  too closely to the "Washington Beltway Conventional Wisdom" school of thought and don't really challenge or hold panelists & guests accountable for some of their more outlandish claims.

I've never liked Willie; I've always found him smarmy and insincere.

I'm on board with Stephanie & Ali. They balance each other well and neither dominates.

I do give Heileman props for calling out Rothman's ridiculous claim that DeBlasio tweaking Murdoch publications is EXACTLY THE SAME as Trump calling the mainstream media an "enemy of the people." That was just absurd.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Eliot said:

I do give Heileman props for calling out Rothman's ridiculous claim that DeBlasio tweaking Murdoch publications is EXACTLY THE SAME as Trump calling the mainstream media an "enemy of the people." That was just absurd.

Still though, Rothman refused to agree with Heilemann and held firm that DeBlasio is as responsible as Trump for "attacking media."

19 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Rothman refused to agree with Heilemann and held firm that DeBlasio is as responsible as Trump for "attacking media."

Noah is making appearances on NRATV, so take that into consideration when you mull over his credibility. 

• Love 1

I 100% agree, except for the Katy Tur part.

I’m not that keen on Katy Tur either, but she seems to pop up everywhere so I wondered if I was being unreasonable.  

I had to google Noel Rothman and I’m no wiser.  

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Woodman said:

I’m not that keen on Katy Tur either, but she seems to pop up everywhere so I wondered if I was being unreasonable.  

I had to google Noah Rothman and I’m no wiser.  

Consider yourself lucky.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Woodman said:

No, you're not being unreasonable. I feel like she's just the new MSNBC darling and they're trying to make her happen before she's fully seasoned (a la Little Lord Luke Russert).

Didn't Rothman also make some false-equivalency comment about progressives pushing 9/11 conspiracy theories like the Alex Jonesers push Sandy Hook conspiracy theories? Joe does that all the time; I thought I heard Rothman say something to that effect today but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Eliot said:

Didn't Rothman also make some false-equivalency comment about progressives pushing 9/11 conspiracy theories like the Alex Jonesers push Sandy Hook conspiracy theories? Joe does that all the time; I thought I heard Rothman say something to that effect today but I could be wrong.

Far out left wing conspiracy theorists, Noah.  I guess the same way the Alt Right/ Nazis are "conservatives". 

FUCK YOU!!!! 

• Love 2