Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Who was the conservative flack who spoke to Mika, and Mika let every panelist ask him 1 question?  He's smart, he's clever, he's glib.  I found him to be detestable, which probably means he's an excellent flack.
His ultimate point is that he, Trump, and all Trump supporters want to watch Washington burn.  He said numerous times, "break it down and start again."  That media and government are actively working against them in numerous nefarious ways.  Nobody on the panel called bullshit on this fake platform.  It's factually inaccurate.  For starters, he was on MSNBC giving his side of things... so... he's complaining about the system being rigged against him, as he's openly using "the system" to the fullest of his abilities.
Not only do Conservatives hold the Congress, they also own an admittedly biased news network, the largest one on TV.  It makes me so so angry when the laziest spin isn't called out by seasoned politicos who are in a position to squash nonsense.  Nobody asked him what their plan is for after when everything is "burned down."  Specifically which Obama policies are ruining America?
Again, Donnie was the voice of reason, and so was Sam Stein.  At least Stein asked the flack if he understood that "the media" was simply using Donald's own words and actions as the story.

Also, the conservative spokesperson said the right wing are openly complaining about being morally judged.  The rest of the world are sluts and homos and lazy blacks and criminals and elite and snowflakes and minorities and on and on and on and on... but it should be ok for the right wing to support an openly racist misogynist, and to question that is beyond the pale.

• Love 9

I will give Sam Stein this much: he did express an appropriate level of disgust at the email revealing that Qatar wanted to give Bill Clinton a $1 million "birthday present" and how this "confirms the worst portraits of how the Clintons operated out of office." (His words from this morning's show.) He's not *that* deep in the tank.

Trump TV is the worst-kept secret in media and a lot of us predicted that this was the Tangerine One's next move.  It also sheds even more light as to what may have been promised to Squinty and Meek-a when they made their pilgrimage to Trump Tower last month.

There are stories today that Jared Kushner is already meeting with investors. 

• Love 3

LOL Halperin and Joe don't like polls showing trump behind.

Guess Joe won't let Nate Silver on anytime soon.  He has Hillary's chances of winning at 87% trump at 12%.   Hillary's up 5% since Friday.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Who was the conservative flack who spoke to Mika, and Mika let every panelist ask him 1 question?

His name is Matt Schlapp, his "fiery" wife is Mercedes Schlapp, and his "fiery Latina" comment caught my attention, too.

4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I will give Sam Stein this much: he did express an appropriate level of disgust at the email revealing that Qatar wanted to give Bill Clinton a $1 million "birthday present" and how this "confirms the worst portraits of how the Clintons operated out of office." (His words from this morning's show.) He's not *that* deep in the tank.

Stein is fair to the Clintons much more so than Joy Reid or other liberal pundits. Stein was the one who said looking back at how the media and liberals smeared Monica Lewinsky he was ashamed of it and thought it was appalling.

Stein was also right that the poll was not conducted by the Clinton Campaign. That doesn't mean that they didn't conduct other push polls, etc. The Clinton camp pushed all those disgusting rumors about Obama behind-the-scenes. But, in this particular case, Stein was right that it wasn't the Clinton campaign directly doing the push polling. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, pivot said:

Stein is fair to the Clintons much more so than Joy Reid or other liberal pundits. Stein was the one who said looking back at how the media and liberals smeared Monica Lewinsky he was ashamed of it and thought it was appalling.

Stein was also right that the poll was not conducted by the Clinton Campaign. That doesn't mean that they didn't conduct other push polls, etc. The Clinton camp pushed all those disgusting rumors about Obama behind-the-scenes. But, in this particular case, Stein was right that it wasn't the Clinton campaign directly doing the push polling. 

It's also important to understand that Joe only touched on 1/3 of the story, which was that the poll in question also contained potential attack lines against Clinton and McCain. So when Stein was saying that the purpose of the poll was to explore vulnerabilities in the general election, he was factually correct - even though Joe was bellowing "Oh, right, like in January they could know for sure they'd be running against Mitt Romney in the general election!!" (even though it was McCain, and, yes, in January they did view McCain as the likely nominee).

• Love 5

What's going on?  Joe is starting his downward spiral because he must have finally read the polls. He and Barnicle are ranting that the Trump and Bernie followers have been unfairly degraded and put down as racist and the public has been let down. 

Eta to take out old news I posted about Halperin. Sorry PBC (posted before coffee)

Edited by Maire
  • Love 3

I hope the stories about Dumb and Dumber, Meek-a and Joe are true; that the meeting at tRump Tower was to discuss them leaving MSNBC to join tRumpTV after he loses the election.  Give the 6 to 9 a.m. slot to Katy, Hallie and Kaisie.  Keep the "Road Warriors" name (they earned it); one or more could actually still be on the road, covering various politicians, keeping the desk a slightly different combo daily; in fact, there is a whole stable of road warriors who could contribute.  Hell, even throw in Willie or whoever for laughs now and then.  Just get these two despicable, embarrassing middle-aged lovebirds off my favorite network. 

• Love 11

It would be the ultimate revenge if Mika and Joe were replaced.

But I'd like to see some young, cool reporters take over and some people of color.  I'm sick of these arrogant people who let Prof Eddie or the like on as a guest just to talk over them.  Even CNN is more diversified.

Here's some news for Joe.  Nate Silver gives the dems an 87.7% chance of gaining control of the senate and republicans are at 12.2% today.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 6
On 10/13/2016 at 1:07 PM, Lokiberry said:

First, Joe, so what if the Clinton campaign had anything to do with this? If Jeb! and Teddy had done their oppo homework, we could have been spared this national septic tank explosion. Second, I' m sorry to be the one to tell you, but there's not going to be a Trump tv network. Networks require advertisers, and Trump is toxic and only likely to get more so before it's over. And finally, on Nov. 9, the cable news networks are going to want to scrub all traces of this filth off them. I wouldn't be surprised if Fox even ditched Hannity. For MSNBC, the stench coagulates around your show.

You should have been happy with that $8 mil. because you might not have it much longer.

There hasn't been enough coverage on Morning Joe of how well experienced & well funded GOP candidates like Bush,Cruz etc spent campaign money attacking each other as opposed to Trump. The winner tke all primaries allowed Trump to win all the delegates with 35-40% of the vote.

51 minutes ago, stormy said:

But I'd like to see some young, cool reporters take over and some people of color.  I'm sick of these arrogant people who let Prof Eddie or the like on as a guest just to talk over them.  Even CNN is more diversified.

Here's some news for Joe.  Nate Silver gives the dems an 87.7% chance of gaining control of the senate and republicans are at 12.2% today.

If the Democrats get 50 seats, the new VP (Tim Kaine) is the deciding vote.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Maire said:

What's going on?  Joe is starting his downward spiral because he must have finally read the polls. He and Barnicle are ranting that the Trump and Bernie followers have been unfairly degraded and put down as racist and the public has been let down. 

Eta to take out old news I posted about Halperin. Sorry PBC (posted before coffee)

I found it very interesting that Joe railed against the media for not covering Bernie Sanders. Why didn't he have him on the show more often during the primaries. ? Joe & Barnicle are now champions of the Sanders & Trump supporters? OK. :))

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Maire said:

Joe was in his undisclosed bunker wearing the emergency grey Jacket & striped red tie. It was funny for Joe & Barnicle to rail against the Coastal Bubble Loving Elites from a Bubble studio & Undisclosed Bubble proof Bunker.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, pivot said:

I am surprised that the USA allows foreign governments to give lavish gifts of $1million to the husband of the Secretary of State. Don't gifts to politicians have to be disclosed.?

1 hour ago, stormy said:

In the GQ article about Joe's upcoming Trump musical, Joe said they have a contract till 2018.

Gah, Joe went there again. The media is not being fair to Trump and is unfairly attacking him. "Like I said two months/a year/ 6 months/ fill in the blank ago blahblahblah I was right and only I saw it". Finally figured out why he likes Trump, both of them are always right, saw everything happen long before everyone else and are never wrong.

• Love 8

My long recap of today's show disappeared. Today's theme was Bubble Tuesday. Joe & Barnicle went on tirades against the media for being in a bubble & not paying attention to the concerns of Trump & Sanders supporters.

Scmidt made an astute comment that worldwide there is voter division based on education & financial wealth . Elites vs the working class. Joe blasted the elite media for focusing on Trump's outrageous statements.

• Love 2

Joe's entire attitude today can be summed up by one word: fear. He knows the Orange Nightmare is losing, and is worried that it might turn into a landslide that takes the house and the senate as well. That's what's behind the whining about the terribly unfair media coverage, and his insistence that there are troves of hidden trump supporters hiding in the bushes, waiting to jump out and grab us by the ballot.

• Love 8

Joe's rant against the media was epic. I wonder if his bunker is soundproofed? Joe said people will abandon the media & go to social media for news. Shouldn't Mika & Joe accept responsibility for getting too cozy with the people they cover like Trump,Christie,McDonnell, Sanford etc....?

They flip flopped on Trump.

• Love 3

I have to correct my earlier post.

The dems chances of retaking the senate are 73.8% today according to Nate Silver.

The number I posted above are Hillary's chances of winning today as per Nate Silver.

• Love 3

Does Joe realize he's "the media?"
Lee Atwater is looking up at this from Hell and is loving it.

BTW, when he says "the media" is unfair, I'm watching hours of coverage on ONE FUCKING EMAIL of a staff member of Hillary's that was proven to have not been intentionally mischaracterized.  Oh, it was hacked by the KGB and fed through Assange, and the assertions related to it are demonstrably false.  Not only did the email achieve nothing.  The language in it referred to a different topic.  The "quid pro quo" was related to something else, but.. what different does it make?  Invent things about Hillary, observe Trump's lies... and "the media" is in the tank against Trump.

Did anybody push back against Joe?

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Does Joe realize he's "the media?"
Lee Atwater is looking up at this from Hell and is loving it.

BTW, when he says "the media" is unfair, I'm watching hours of coverage on ONE FUCKING EMAIL of a staff member of Hillary's that was proven to have not been intentionally mischaracterized.  Oh, it was hacked by the KGB and fed through Assange, and the assertions related to it are demonstrably false.  Not only did the email achieve nothing.  The language in it referred to a different topic.  The "quid pro quo" was related to something else, but.. what different does it make?  Invent things about Hillary, observe Trump's lies... and "the media" is in the tank against Trump.

It's a futile effort.  Douchey just starts bellowing over anyone who deigns to point out his lack of journalistic 'skills' and/or his obvious tanking for tRump.

• Love 5

No Joe, both the Republicans and Democrats don't equally hold up ambassadorships, judge appointments, executive confirmations, SC appointment hearings, etc.  Joe pointed out the Thomas hearings, he still had a hearing and was confirmed! The Senate didn't chose not to allow an up / down vote. They voted. 

Joe is using his beady little eyes and only seeing both sides, when only one side has been doing it for the past 7 years.

• Love 5

The "quid pro quo" was related to something else, but.. what different does it make?  Invent things about Hillary, observe Trump's lies... and "the media" is in the tank against Trump.

And the "quid pro quo" story was reported backward. It was an FBI agent who contacted someone at State and said "hey we'll declassify this email for you if you allow more agents into a country where they aren't allowed". State did nothing the email stayed as it was and FBI didn't get their agents.

Kristin Welker (sp?) cleared it up, Rachel did an entire segment on it, apparently Joe didn't get the memo. 

• Love 8

No Joe, both the Republicans and Democrats don't equally hold up ambassadorships, judge appointments, executive confirmations, SC appointment hearings, etc.  Joe pointed out the Thomas hearings, he still had a hearing and was confirmed! The Senate didn't chose not to allow an up / down vote. They voted. 

It's the false equivalency bullshit, well EVERYBODY does it. 

No Joe, everybody doesn't do it.  Democrats at HRC rallies don't scream about killing Trump,  or locking him up, and they don't beat up people they don't agree with.  

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

It's the false equivalency bullshit, well EVERYBODY does it. 

No Joe, everybody doesn't do it.  Democrats at HRC rallies don't scream about killing Trump,  or locking him up, and they don't beat up people they don't agree with.  

I didn't see the entire show today, did anyone bring up the fact that Democrats were raising money to help rebuild the firebombed Republican campaign headquarters in NC (I think)?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

It's a futile effort.  Douchey just starts bellowing over anyone who deigns to point out his lack of journalistic 'skills' and/or his obvious tanking for tRump.

It's impossible to argue with someone who broadcasts from a bubble proof bunker.

The Morning Joe panel should force  Steve Schmidt to accept responsibility for being the father of "debased politics" in America. He ran the campaign of Schwarzenegger in 2003. It is absurd that he was the most qualified person to replace the recalled Governor. Secondly, Schnidt  convinced McCain to dump Joe Lieberman as his VP pick for Sarah Palin. That's unforgiveable. Palin was not qualified to be VP. Thirdly, NBC News should apologize to viewers for allowing Billy Bush to be on the Today show. Paying him severance? Didn't anyone review Billy's tapes before he was hired for the Today show. They built up Trump through the Apprentice. Why didn't they disclose Trump's behavior towards women earlier ?. Thomas Roberts should also apologize to viewers for agreeing to host Trump's pagents.

Joe got mad at Mika when she said there are many Republicans who are supporting Hillary. He mocked them in a phony NY accent & said in Ohio, union halls would be filled with Democrat voters supporting Trump.

GQ disclosed that the bunker studio is in Joe's house. It would be funny if Mika can hear him in the other parts of the house, when he is shouting at people from the bunker.

• Love 4

Eliot, it was reported yesterday that the damage was estimated to be $10k, and the local Democrats had raised $12k within a day.  The attack is outrageous, but it's good to hear that there are still some sane Americans who are willing to be fair and help no matter the team jersey.

• Love 9

I loved how he said "people will be throwing tomatoes at the tv".

No Joe people are changing the channel.  Right now people turn it on like they look at a car accident, just to see what bad thing happened. 

Unless you and Girlfriend are off, no one wants to watch this shit show and see the tongue bath you give Trump and his band of racist miscreants. 

Hopefully when you jump ship to Trump News, you'll find out just what devil you sold your soul to. 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, stormy said:

Ain't that the truth. MSNBC systematically removed all of their minority hosts except Joy Reid on the weekend. Not really a fan of Joy Reid. I'd like to see Alex Wagner come back and have them rotate in some new ex-campaign staffers like Lis Smith and keep that ex-Rand Paul staffer. She's awesome for a Republican.

10 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Alex Wagner and Alec Baldwin.

Yes, Alex. Hell no to Alec. The guy is just a terrible human being. He has verbally abused his child, beat up reporters, etc. Just horrible person. About the only person I wouldn't watch on Morning Joe. And his Trump impression is terrible.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, pivot said:

Ain't that the truth. MSNBC systematically removed all of their minority hosts except Joy Reid on the weekend. Not really a fan of Joy Reid. I'd like to see Alex Wagner come back and have them rotate in some new ex-campaign staffers like Lis Smith and keep that ex-Rand Paul staffer. She's awesome for a Republican.

Yes, Alex. Hell no to Alec. The guy is just a terrible human being. He has verbally abused his child, beat up reporters, etc. Just horrible person. About the only person I wouldn't watch on Morning Joe. And his Trump impression is terrible.

Mika told the GQ reporter who did Joe's profile story that she was very happy that MSNBC removed Sharpton, Melissa Harris Perry , Toure  & others & replaced them with Thomas Roberts,Chuck Todd & Andrea Mitchell. She said that they were her "people". I am surprised that she hasn't apologized for her remarks. Morning Joe also got rid of Jonathan Capeheart & Major West. Cornell West & Moyadeen others have not appeared in a long time. Joe & his Nantucket cronies are the only regulars.

• Love 3

I'm watching hours of coverage on ONE FUCKING EMAIL of a staff member of Hillary's that was proven to have not been intentionally mischaracterized.  Oh, it was hacked by the KGB and fed through Assange, and the assertions related to it are demonstrably false.  Not only did the email achieve nothing.  The language in it referred to a different topic.  The "quid pro quo" was related to something else, but.. what different does it make?  Invent things about Hillary, observe Trump's lies... and "the media" is in the tank against Trump.

If you're referring to the "quid pro quo" about email classification, that wasn't a Wikileaks email. Those were in notes taken by the FBI in connection with the email investigation that were just made public. And the New York Times dedicated a very thorough article on it, so it's not just lunatic fringe stuff, it's a serious issue. I'm not saying *these* guys discussed it seriously, but it's not just "invented" or hacked or forged by the Russians.

As for today's show:

I am sick of the hagiography emerging around George H.W. Bush. The guy hired Lee Atwater, ran a dirty campaign against Dukakis, and tried to run a dirty campaign against Clinton (leaked passport files) but failed. Sure, a person should be judged on their good deeds. But let's not forget the bad stuff, and the way that Meachum and these guys were drooling about Bush, they seem to have forgotten this stuff.

I roll my eyes when Scarborough says that the two people who influenced him to go into politics were RFK and Reagan. Talk about cognitive dissonance.  How one person can resolve these two people who had such different world views, different attitudes about the role government can play in citizens' lives...well, I guess if you can, you're not really paying attention or thinking very deeply about it.

I begrudgingly give Barnicle credit for hearing the dog whistle in the Trump comments about where there is voter fraud ((where black people live) cough (where black people live) cough.)

And Steve Schmidt can just leave already. He had to make some snarky comment about Bernie having a vacation home, a propos of nothing. Hey, you unleashed Sarah Palin on an unwitting world. You lose your snark rights FOREVER.

Interesting that they didn't repeat the first segment again at 8. Maybe with three weeks left, they're doing more work?

• Love 8

Joe is wearing a blue blazer today.He is in the studio. The bunker is being cleaned today. Professor Eddie is on the panel. Mika had trouble reading Jill Syein's name on the teleprompter. Mika was mad about Hilary's private server. Mika read polls that showed Hillary getting a minimum of 304 electoral votes. Joe was grumpy. Joe said Trump has to get A 5 point swing from the debate tonight. He has to stay on message. The panel said he won't.

Joe bragged about being right wing in Congress. Democrats were afraid of him. Joe made deals with Democrats. Everyone liked Joe when he was in Congress. 

Mika gazed into Joe's eyes & smiled. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is wearing a blue blazer today.He is in the studio. The bunker is being cleaned today. Professor Eddie is on the panel. Mika had trouble reading Jill Syein's name on the teleprompter. Mika was mad about Hilary's private server. Mika read polls that showed Hillary getting a minimum of 304 electoral votes. Joe was grumpy. Joe said Trump has to get A 5 point swing from the debate tonight. He has to stay on message. The panel said he won't.

Joe bragged about being right wing in Congress. Democrats were afraid of him. Joe made deals with Democrats. Everyone liked Joe when he was in Congress. 

Oh my god.  As my child used to say, right before getting sick, "Get the pan!"  (Gross, I know.  Sorry.  But that's my visceral reaction.  I missed some of the show this morning but am DVRing it.  Maybe I'll just delete).

• Love 2

If you're referring to the "quid pro quo" about email classification, that wasn't a Wikileaks email. Those were in notes taken by the FBI in connection with the email investigation that were just made public. And the New York Times dedicated a very thorough article on it, so it's not just lunatic fringe stuff, it's a serious issue. I'm not saying *these* guys discussed it seriously, but it's not just "invented" or hacked or forged by the Russians.

Joe & Company aren't talking about because they know it doesn't fit their narrative. 

As has been explained on serious news programs, it's been reported incorrectly. The FBI contacted State (not the other way around as Fox News is saying)  and offered to declassify an email if they got to put more agents in the field where the US isn't allowed. State declined, the email stayed the same and nothing happened. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I am sick of the hagiography emerging around George H.W. Bush. The guy hired Lee Atwater, ran a dirty campaign against Dukakis, and tried to run a dirty campaign against Clinton (leaked passport files) but failed. Sure, a person should be judged on their good deeds. But let's not forget the bad stuff, and the way that Meachum and these guys were drooling about Bush, they seem to have forgotten this stuff.

Mumbles, thank you so much for posting this.  Meachum posted yet another love note to President GHW Bush in a NYT op-ed piece a few days ago.  Thankfully, the readers who commented weren't having it.  I get it that this election campaign is in the sewer and that everything Drumpf and his team touch turns to shit, but painting a rosy picture of the patrician, gentlemanly President Bush--please!  I lived through that campaign and it still horrifies me.  That's why I had such a visceral reaction when his son ran a few years later because I knew we would be getting more of the same.

1 hour ago, oakville said:

I just can't with this creep's narcissism.  Poor, Meek-a.  Miss Know-Your-Value evidently has the Nancy Reagan gaze perfected to a science.  I would love to know how the woman balances her work and home life.  I would also love to know what advice she currently has for women on gauging their professional value in the work place.

Crickets chirping...

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 7

Bewilderingly, Joe was reasonable this morning and generally acceded the election to Clinton, and claimed they need to stop with these constant investigations into minutia.  He didn't want to talk about the FBI and State and the email and fake quid pro quo.  He said he  hoped taht the right wing would unfreeze the gears of governance and just let Clinton do her job as President.

Still, love how he equates ("because both sides do it," no they don't, asshole) the right wing's literal non-stop investigation into the Clintons from the 80s to today, to... uh... something or other he describes as "the left calling Bush evil."   Barnicle said that in the past 8 years, all the right wing has done is investigate Obama and block his every step,and Joe erroneously corrected Barnicle to make some claim that the left wing did the identical thing in the early 0s.  Didn't happen, Joe.  Even though Biden probably won the election.  Nice try.

• Love 5

Mumbles, thank you so much for posting this.  Meachum posted yet another love note to President GHW Bush in a NYT op-ed piece a few days ago.  Thankfully, the readers who commented weren't having it.  I get it that this election campaign is in the sewer and that everything Drumpf and his team touch turns to shit, but painting a rosy picture of the patrician, gentlemanly President Bush--please!  I lived through that campaign and it stillhorrifies me.  That's why I had such a visceral reaction when his son ran a few years later because I knew we would be getting more of the same.

ITA Mumbles.   All this "the grace of Bush 41". Give me a break.  

• Love 3

I loved it when Joe asked Schmidt (love him now!) to predict how many Electoral College votes would go for Hillary.

"400".

(crickets chirping).

Oh, how I wish MSNBC would fire these two and replace them with any of the great ideas above. It would also mean I could actually hear commentary from people I like (even, now, Donny) who Joe usually interrupts and talks over. But...never happen. Especially if (when?!) Trump loses, it would look too much like "playing politics". Plus, based on that article posted way back, Joe seems to have the goods on Griffin. I can't think of any other reason that these two are still there.

"400"

LOL!

• Love 10