Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Panel started the show today debating Trump's pay for play with FL AG Bondi.  Yeah, he did, stop trying to rewrite it Trump and Trump surrogates.

Did they ever get to the Dallas Morning News blistering editorials of Trump and their support of Hillary?

Not that it will turn Texas blue, but still.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, stormy said:

Did they ever get to the Dallas Morning News blistering editorials of Trump and their support of Hillary?

Not that it will turn Texas blue, but still.

They did, and I have to say that Steve Schmidt seems inconsolable about the demise of the GOP as it was.  I've almost always found him well reasoned, he spoke to the issue that Trump presents in that Schmidt fears what is going to happen when Clinton wins because Trump has been busy delegitimizing the election process, and he wondered out loud what will happen when it's time to concede - defining that moment as the most precious and powerful part of our democratic republic - the transitioning of power after our presidential elections.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

... I have to say that Steve Schmidt seems inconsolable about the demise of the GOP as it was.  I've almost always found him well reasoned, he spoke to the issue that Trump presents in that Schmidt fears what is going to happen when Clinton wins because Trump has been busy delegitimizing the election process, and he wondered out loud what will happen when it's time to concede - defining that moment as the most precious and powerful part of our democratic republic - the transitioning of power after our presidential elections.

Poor Steve.  I hate to pile on but he seems a little delusional right now.  Did he forget that he helped to hasten the GOP's demise as it was?  The moment he helped to vet Sarah Palin and elevated her and, by extension, some of her family members, all bets were off.  It was no accident that she became a "Tea Party darling."  She became a draw at the CPAC conferences and was elevated further every time a reporter stuck a microphone in her face.  This is the same "tea party" that the GOP happily invited into their hallowed halls just to hold on to power only to discover they couldn't control them.  Unprecedented obstruction (including failing and refusing to act on a viable Supreme Court nominee) and government shutdowns have been a hallmark of the GOP.

I agree with Steve though about the importance of the concession speech and the transition of power after the presidential elections.  I thought Senator McCain's concession speech was one of the most powerful and classiest I've ever heard.  That's why I remember being alarmed when Governor Romney took his sweet time conceding the election to President Obama.  I heard that he was so confident of winning that he hadn't even bothered to write one.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

The moment he helped to vet Sarah Palin and elevated her and, by extension, some of her family members, all bets were off.

I have never seen this as a matter of the vet of Palin and company but a failure to vet when McCain cynically and desperately punted in the aftermath of being told that no, he couldn't have Lieberman as his VP.   I know a lot of folks put this at Nicolle and Steve's feet and abhor them because of it - but I see it a little differently and lay the blame squarely on the shoulders of McCain, Randy Scheunemann , Fred Barnes and Bill Kristol.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 3

I liked the show today. Several interesting points were discussed, everyone got a chance to speak, Carville was additive and honest, Mika had a legit interview with Corker. 

Overall the show seems to be turning into a therapy session for the political class. Which is kinda fun to watch 

Mika's opening trying to get the five men (Barnacle, Willie, Heilman, Halperin and ...someone?) to talk about Trump's illegal $25000 donation to the florida AG while she was considering whetehr to sue him for fraud was so weird.  There was such a silent vibe among them, really seemed unwilling to get into it at all (eventually they did), and didn't have a fraction of the passion and enthusiasm they do for talking about Hillary's emails and the FBI interviewing her 4th of July weekend.

That silence was really strange. I wish every journalist had to disclose any personal ties to any candidate, because there are many we know nothing about. More, I wish they were forbidden from personal relationships..

Just as I was beginning to like Mika more for feeling they needed to talk about it, and then her useful interview with Corker (who clearly is over Trump but doesn't want to say it), she had to say that Trump isn't a Republican, he's a Democrat (or maybe that was yesterday). Okay, he's not a Republican if you want.  But to say "he's a Democrat" is absolutely moronic. That just misleads people and I  don't know what she could possibly have been thinking of.

• Love 3

Barnicle has a connection to a candidate, but it's to Clinton. His wife is a big shot at Bank of America who attended an exclusive fundraiser a few weeks ago on Cape Cod. (Google "Anne Finucane Clinton fundraiser" if interested.)

This show is so much better without Joe.  For the most part Mika lets the guests talk unlike Joe who constantly interrupts.

Barnicle (and Mika) had a very good point that the media is covering Hillary and Donald so much different.  If this AG Florida stuff was Hillary there would be calls for her indictment and Congressional calls for an investigation (I'm looking at you Chafez from Utah - can't stand him and fast forwarded when he was on last week.

As a new watcher, if I hadn't been reading this forum I would never guess that Mika once touted Donald.

Had to laugh that they had Alberto Gonzalez on - wasn't there some integrity issue with him as the AG?  Can't remember the exact thing.  I also want to scream when someone says I can't decide because there's questions about Hillary's honesty and Donald's temperament - WHAT ABOUT HIS HONESTY!!!!!  They never seem to refer to his honesty.

• Love 7

Yeah, Gonzalez tried to have a bunch of US Attorneys fired because they weren't towing the political line. And I think he and Cheney et al tried to railroad a very sick John Ashcroft into approving warrantless wiretaps. He's a piece of crap who shouldn't be on any show.

• Love 4

It was funny when they asked Gonzalez if he had any regrets he mentioned the warrant less wire taps but finished the statement with because the Supreme Court didn't agree. Well yes that is one reason to regret warrant less wire taps on US citizens. 

• Love 1

Matt Lauer did a terrible job last night. He asked general questions about things that people have been talking about for months.  I am so very tired of the questions to Hillary about the email. I wanted to hear more in-depth questions about other topics such as some they suggested on this show. No one on the show is blaming Lauer for lame questions. Instead they are blaming Hillary for attempting to answer the email questions.  They either want her to say, when asked, that we have talked about the email enough and move onto up other topics, or to hold a special Q&A that focuses only on the email to put an end the questions.  I doubt either tactic will work because there is a lack of depth in the reporters and commentators who continue to cover the same ground over and over and over and over again. 

I agree with much of what they are saying about Trump but again, why didn't Lauer ask different questions about policy. Instead he asked about things Trump has already said. 

Last night was truly a lost opportunity.

Maybe they aren't criticizing Lauer because he is one of their own!

• Love 6

Well, apparently, every "reporter" has to tick that box, i.e., ask about the emails in order to prove ... something or other or put it on their personal resume. In fact, they even chose to start off with a questioner in the audience who had the same darn question! As such, they lost 10 minutes of time on the same issue that they discuss constantly, have gotten the same answer, and no one was further educated. 

Edited by Nidratime
  • Love 1

Good lord, they blew up Twitter just now.   Barnicle asked Gary Johnson about what his solution would be to the situation in Aleppo--and Johnson looked blank and said "What is Aleppo?" and now it's like bunch of jackals circling--they drew blood on that one.

I wonder why Joe is in a studio in London ?

he is wearing a suit. MiKa & Joe are advising Hillary to do a 30 min interview on the emails. I doubt Hillary will agree to that.

the panel is afraid to criticize Matt Lauer.

he did a horrible job with Trump

• Love 1

Joe went berserk at around the 8:15 mark.  Mika asked what can Republicans do but vote for Clinton, and Joe went absolutely full bloviation.  I watched it in the gym and some guy turned it up LOUD.  I wonder if he did that to get me off the cable machine?  I had to leave.  I was 50% about to laugh at Joe, I was 50% about to start screaming at the TV, and I was 100% needing to see what y'all had written.
For some reason as way of explaining why Trump and the Libertarian as his only options, Joe started SCREAMING about how government has failed in the past 16 years (note, in Joe's timeline, the government fails as soon as he left, Joe for the win!).  Then he ticks off random phenomena year over year that for the most part has virtually nothing to do with policy, Presidents, leadership , etc... because things happen in the world and nobody controls it all.  I was expecting him to say, "... and in 2007, The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!  2008, I ordered a Reuben and the toast was burned! etc..."  He shouted down any other voices, SHOUTED them down.  And I thought he was going to start swearing at Mika for her phone making a noise.  In studio, he may have backhanded her.
That Libertarian candidate is a f'king clown.  Ya get what ya deserve, right wingers!  You made this mess.  I watched that with my mouth hanging open.  Can't believe that actually happened.

• Love 12

I feel like there are times when Joe is just plain verbally abusive and when anyone tries to respond (usually Mika) he just turns up the volume and barfs out more.
I don't believe that Johnson is unaware of the issues in Syria, and had a brain fart about the name of the city--he's not my candidate but I feel sorry for him--that in 30 seconds he went from a viable outsider to an idiot on national TV.     Mark Halperin is quick on his feet for running out and doing an interview immediately after on his Iphone.

6 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Joe went berserk at around the 8:15 mark.  Mika asked what can Republicans do but vote for Clinton, and Joe went absolutely full bloviation.  I watched it in the gym and some guy turned it up LOUD.  I wonder if he did that to get me off the cable machine?  I had to leave.  I was 50% about to laugh at Joe, I was 50% about to start screaming at the TV, and I was 100% needing to see what y'all had written.
For some reason as way of explaining why Trump and the Libertarian as his only options, Joe started SCREAMING about how government has failed in the past 16 years (note, in Joe's timeline, the government fails as soon as he left, Joe for the win!).  Then he ticks off random phenomena year over year that for the most part has virtually nothing to do with policy, Presidents, leadership , etc... because things happen in the world and nobody controls it all.  I was expecting him to say, "... and in 2007, The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!  2008, I ordered a Reuben and the toast was burned! etc..."  He shouted down any other voices, SHOUTED them down.  And I thought he was going to start swearing at Mika for her phone making a noise.  In studio, he may have backhanded her.
That Libertarian candidate is a f'king clown.  Ya get what ya deserve, right wingers!  You made this mess.  I watched that with my mouth hanging open.  Can't believe that actually happened.

Love your post!  I was just trying to explain to my husband what happened on air; couldn't even string the words together, I was so shocked and incensed.  So I was able relay your words instead, which were making a lot more sense than my furious jibberish.  I too mentioned that had Joe been in the studio he might have hauled off and smacked Mika.  Trouble in lovebird paradise, perhaps?  -  Gary Johnson just needs to go away.  Even if he knew absolutely nothing of the political situation in Syria (which is probably the case) how on earth could he be ignorant of the name Aleppo, given that poor little boy's picture that was in the news for days and days.  GJ does not make a convincing case for the legalization of pot.........

• Love 3

The Aleppo gaffe is all over the web now, but I have to wonder how this would affect Johnson's "support." The sad truth is, a lot of people desperately want to participate in this election but can't stomach the idea of voting for either major party candidate. To them, Johnson presents an opportunity to go to the polls and have *someone* to flip a lever for - knowing full well that he has no chance in hell of winning. I'm not sure this changes the calculus for those voters. It doesn't make Clinton or Trump more appealing.

• Love 1

What is it going to take for Halperin or Haas to admit their candidate is not fit to be president?

All they can is say the same shit over and over about Hillary's emails. 

Even Joe won't give Trump a total pass.  And Mika.  If you think you know so much, why don't you write Hillary a script.

I'm beginning to think W needs to come out and endorse Hillary.  She's got a lot of self control to not say "I voted for the war in Iraq based on the fake and phony intell we were presented."

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Love your post!  I was just trying to explain to my husband what happened on air; couldn't even string the words together, I was so shocked and incensed.  So I was able relay your words instead, which were making a lot more sense than my furious jibberish.  I too mentioned that had Joe been in the studio he might have hauled off and smacked Mika.  Trouble in lovebird paradise, perhaps?  -  Gary Johnson just needs to go away.  Even if he knew absolutely nothing of the political situation in Syria (which is probably the case) how on earth could he be ignorant of the name Aleppo, given that poor little boy's picture that was in the news for days and days.  GJ does not make a convincing case for the legalization of pot.........

I had the same problem trying to explain to my husband what happened this morning. All I could come up with was "Mika and Joe are definitely breaking up". That was quite the meltdown that Joe had this morning. I give credit to MIka for standing her ground. All she was trying to point out was that of the 3 highest polling candidates, only one has the base of knowledge that you need to be president. I think Joe had resigned himself to voting for Johnson and then voting for republicans for all the down ballot races. Now he has two choices: Hillary or leave the box empty. His worst nightmare has become reality and he just can't handle it so he lashes out at MIka instead. No wonder his first two marriages didn't last.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, car54 said:

Good lord, they blew up Twitter just now.   Barnicle asked Gary Johnson about what his solution would be to the situation in Aleppo--and Johnson looked blank and said "What is Aleppo?" and now it's like bunch of jackals circling--they drew blood on that one.

I caught that on the show this morning and immediately couldn't care less that Gary Johnson (because, come on -- it's Gary Johnson who has no shot at getting elected anything anymore) didn't know what/where Aleppo is. My only thought was: A MAJOR CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT WHO IS NOT GARY JOHNSON [OR HILLARY CLINTON] DOES NOT KNOW WHAT/WHERE ALEPPO IS -- OR ANY OTHER MAJOR CITY OUTSIDE OF MANHATTAN. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I am in a hair-pulling rage over this. All they can talk about, since Benghazi seems to have (and should have) gone away as any sort of major issue, are Hillary's emails. Which, it turns out, are as big of a nothingburger than the so-called Benghazi scandal was. I swear to god we are through the goddamned looking glass here, people. 

3 hours ago, madfortv said:

This is EXACTLY why no one dared speak ill of him. And neither did the 9:00 am MSNBC no-nothing assclown this morning (Karnacki?) It is an outrage that some shit stain on the carpet of America like Trump can get away with knowing absolutely fucking nothing about everything that absolutely fucking matters, lying about verifiable positions he once held, and praising a murderous head of state like Putin and still walk away with all the flag-waving USA! USA! USA! chanters thinking aced an interview that came down to nothing more than answering questions like, "What is your favorite color?" and "If you could be anything when you grow up, what would you be?" "Be specific and use lots of adjectives and superlatives in your answers." Lauer is an absolute moron who is good at two things only: collecting his paycheck and cheating on his wife. No one dare speak ill of him on the sister network because, god forbid, one day they might get passed over for a coveted spot on the Today Show.

I swore I promised myself I wouldn't watch this show this morning - and yet, I did. I'm confining myself from this moment on to only watching CometTV and the Buzzr channel where there is ZERO chance I will be exposed to anything political until December. 

Edited by Guest

Even Joe wasn't having it from Halperin's flummoxed reiterating of right wing talking points about Hillary's emails that consists of this, "but but but Hillary's emails!  When is she going to explain?"
Joe said (paraphrasing), "What do you want?  100 FBI agents investigating every single email she's ever sent for over a year and a half and a conservative FBI director who said this fell well short of anything near indictable?  Or, do you want her continuing to apologize and explain?  Do you need more apologies and explanations?  What is it, Mark?  What is enough?  What do you need from her?"  And Halperin flailed and Joe interrupted him as Mika climbed aboard her weird soapbox.
I bet Halperin gets punched in the face like 15 times a day by random people for no reason.  I bet the cafeteria ladies at 30 Rock punch him in the face as they ladle soup in his bowl and punch him in the face as he pays for lunch.

• Love 14

What is it going to take for Halperin or Haas to admit their candidate is not fit to be president?

All they can is say the same shit over and over about Hillary's emails. 

Even Joe won't give Trump a total pass.  And Mika.  If you think you know so much, why don't you write Hillary a script.

I'm beginning to think W needs to come out and endorse Hillary.  She's got a lot of self control to not say "I voted for the war in Iraq based on the fake and phony intell we were presented."

Thank you!!!!   

And Landsnark every time I see Halperin on tv,  in my mind I punch him and then change the channel. He is just the worst. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, madfortv said:

Matt Lauer did a terrible job last night. He asked general questions about things that people have been talking about for months.  I am so very tired of the questions to Hillary about the email. I wanted to hear more in-depth questions about other topics such as some they suggested on this show. No one on the show is blaming Lauer for lame questions. Instead they are blaming Hillary for attempting to answer the email questions.  They either want her to say, when asked, that we have talked about the email enough and move onto up other topics, or to hold a special Q&A that focuses only on the email to put an end the questions.  I doubt either tactic will work because there is a lack of depth in the reporters and commentators who continue to cover the same ground over and over and over and over again. 

I agree with much of what they are saying about Trump but again, why didn't Lauer ask different questions about policy. Instead he asked about things Trump has already said. 

The only thing the fawning Lauer didn't ask Trump was, "May I have your autograph--please?!"

The way Joe and Mika carried themselves a few months ago, they might as well have done just that.  I was too through that Trump had such access that he had these clowns on speed dial and could call in every morning.

• Love 3

I bet Halperin gets punched in the face like 15 times a day by random people for no reason.  I bet the cafeteria ladies at 30 Rock punch him in the face as they ladle soup in his bowl and punch him in the face as he pays for lunch.

LMAO, this is so funny, such a gratifying visual, thanks for the laugh.

Edited by represent
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, madfortv said:

I think they were sticking up for Lauer because he is an NBC anchor. But, Lauer was terrible with both candidates. Hillary and Donald told multiple lies and weren't challenged.

I will say that I agree with Halperin and Mika on the email mess. This is a mess entirely of Hillary's own doing. It took up so much of the forum because she has ducked tough media questions on this subject for over a year.   And she continued to lie about it last night. Hillary thinks she can just apologize while still saying she did nothing wrong and then pivot to other issues. That isn't working with the general public. 

Mika is completely right. Hillary needs to hold a press conference (and not with just her overly friendly traveling press pool) and stand up there and answer every question and follow-up question. It's what she did for Whitewater after ducking questions for months. If she did that, then she wouldn't have to talk about emails any longer. But, as long as she continues to evade a full questioning on the emails and continues to lie, it is going to be a problem. Even though Whitewater was a bullshit scandal and the email scandal is legitimate, both were made worse by Hillary's stonewalling.

Barnacle continues to be a waste of space on this show. I'd kick him off and get Alex Wagner instead. 

Edited by pivot
  • Love 3

I didn't see the whole Johnson interview. The excerpts I've seen make the Aleppo question kinda random. Not to totally defend Johnson but it is an odd question, not Syria, not ISIS, not drones or bombing, not refugees but Aleppo. I would have had to ask for clarification what exactly about Aleppo?  And the way Barnicle repeated the word was rude-saying it slower - the whole moment made me think Barnicle was setting him up. Also the news keep showing a close-up of Barnicles face saying A-lep-po and the visual is gross. 

Was the question posed in the context of discussing anything related to Syria or was it as random as it appears in the clip?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, novhappy said:

I didn't see the whole Johnson interview. The excerpts I've seen make the Aleppo question kinda random. Not to totally defend Johnson but it is an odd question, not Syria, not ISIS, not drones or bombing, not refugees but Aleppo. I would have had to ask for clarification what exactly about Aleppo?  And the way Barnicle repeated the word was rude-saying it slower - the whole moment made me think Barnicle was setting him up. Also the news keep showing a close-up of Barnicles face saying A-lep-po and the visual is gross. 

Was the question posed in the context of discussing anything related to Syria or was it as random as it appears in the clip?

That's what I was wondering when I saw it aired later.  It's almost as if someone had told Barnicle that Gary Johnson didn't know about Aleppo, so go ahead and trick him.  I'm not totally defending Johnson either, but the question was weird.  I've heard questions asked of candidates about Syria, ISIS, and other issues dealing the Middle East, but I've never heard of a specific question about "Aleppo."  And the way Barnicle slowly repeated it, I wished Johnson had just gotten up from the table and left him sitting there looking stupid.

So, while Gary Johnson got caught flat-footed, I thought Barnicle was a dick.

• Love 5

I think both are true.  Johnson was caught, and Barnicle was a dick.  I don't think it was a set up, though.  (Barnicle as the heavy??)  But... I dunno.  Barnicle got smug immediately, and he'd only be that way if he knew something and was comfortable with it.  And he didn't set up the question in any way at all I saw from replays.  Which is odd.
Initially I wasn't really listening because in no universe would I be interested in what Mike Barnicle has to say to Whatshisname 3rd guy, but I caught Barnicle's unusual reaction, and thought he'd say, "Uh Lepp Po, the town in Syria with the gassing and refugees and all the fighting, sorry for my mush mouth.  It's a complex matter, what are your thoughts on Syria?"  But he went right in the other direction. 
Where are those balls when the kennel master misspeaks, Mike?
Could this all have been a setup?  Makes for a way more interesting discussion, if you're given to elaborate conspiracies.
Maybe Barnicle wants to host the next debate.  Ha.

I like how the show didn't discuss Colin Powell's written instructions to Mrs Clinton on how to do what she did.  Heh.  I wonder if there will be a clamor for his indictment.  I like also how interested Joe is in John Kerry's current email server (the one that's been hacked 2x).  Because nothing in the world is as important as emails and servers, and there is an actual current Secretary of State who presumably communicates with others.  Investigatin' bloviatin' Joe isn't looking into though.  But if it's so damned important... I guess I'll never understand.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

The only thing the fawning Lauer didn't ask Trump was, "May I have your autograph--please?!"

The way Joe and Mika carried themselves a few months ago, they might as well have done just that.  I was too through that Trump had such access that he had these clowns on speed dial and could call in every morning.

I predicted on the MSNBC forum that Lauer would be a disaster trying to moderate last night's townhall. He is used to doing celebrity interviews.

Joe said that Trump didn't tell the truth when we all know the truth about Iraq". Mika & Joe had several months to question Trump on his position on the Iraq War. I recall that Joe justified Trump's flip flop at the time because he wasn't a politician & didn't have Hillary's access to briefings Iraq's WMD program

Edited by oakville
Forgot Briefings
  • Love 2

Joe was very mad at Mika when she demanded that Joe & other Republican's vote for Hillary. Joe said he won't decide on his vote in early September. Mika pleaded with Joe that they were his friends around the table, so he could be honest. LOL.

Mika has been getting very anxious about this election. The happy couple won't last very long if they allow their political differences to interfere in their lives.

Joe's preferred strategy is to not vote for President but vote GOP on the other ballots.

The show is becoming very entertaining to watch. I enjoy watching it in the evening with a glass of wine.

• Love 3

I hope Elise Jordan is cast as Jan Brady in the next Brady Bunch movie. I feel bad for Gary Johnson. I think Johnson thought that Aleppo was shorthand for a terrorist group like ISIS or Daesh. It's  condescding for the Morning Joe crew to pounce on him. I am sure that if Barnicle had said , "What's should the USA do about Syria?, he would have given a more appropriate answer.

Mika doesn't know much about popular culture.

5 hours ago, represent said:

LMAO, this is so funny, such a gratifying visual, thanks for the laugh.

Wasn't there a SNL skit about people punching out random people?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, oakville said:

I feel bad for Gary Johnson. I think Johnson thought that Aleppo was shorthand for a terrorist group like ISIS or Daesh. It's  condescding for the Morning Joe crew to pounce on him. I am sure that if Barnicle had said , "What's should the USA do about Syria?, he would have given a more appropriate answer.

Exactly.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ShuFace88 said:

I had the same problem trying to explain to my husband what happened this morning. All I could come up with was "Mika and Joe are definitely breaking up". That was quite the meltdown that Joe had this morning. I give credit to MIka for standing her ground. All she was trying to point out was that of the 3 highest polling candidates, only one has the base of knowledge that you need to be president. I think Joe had resigned himself to voting for Johnson and then voting for republicans for all the down ballot races. Now he has two choices: Hillary or leave the box empty. His worst nightmare has become reality and he just can't handle it so he lashes out at MIka instead. No wonder his first two marriages didn't last.

Joe's meltdown today was definitely one of his top ten meltdown's this year. This was Joe's first meltdown in London. There was no one around the studio during the meltdown. There were people in the background before his blowup. Does NBC, have a "Joe's going to Blow" warning system in place? Flee the premises.

I think Joe was mad that he had to wear a suit & tie plus jet lag. Mika kept playing Halperin's iphone interview with Johnson. Joe demanded that Mika turn off the phone.  Joe's meltdowns always seem rehearsed. He mentions a key tragic event from each year post 1999. According to Joe, America fell apart when he resigned from congress on Sept 5, 2001. 6 days later, America was attacked. If Joe had stayed in Congress, America would have been spared much pain & suffering. It's clear to Joe that America needs Joe's leadership. One day we can all call the nation, Scarborough Country! :))

• Love 6

The MJ panel defended Matt Lauer this morning. Mika talked about how difficult it is to pin down Trump and that he lies all the time.  They did not address that the questions to Trump were so general?  Why weren't specific questions asked that would have tested Trump's knowledge of well anything?

They had some heavy hitting foreign policy wonks on this morning, and w/out Joe, they got to speak at length.  The sober sensibility of Clinton's advocates is jarring when compared to the following segment with Trump's kid and Pence in defense of Trump's appearance on Russian propaganda networks.
I like Sam Stein.  It's easy for him to come into his own when there is oxygen in the room and he's not interrupted.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, madfortv said:

The MJ panel defended Matt Lauer this morning. Mika talked about how difficult it is to pin down Trump and that he lies all the time.  They did not address that the questions to Trump were so general?  Why weren't specific questions asked that would have tested Trump's knowledge of well anything?

No, it's not difficult at all, Meek-a.  Chris Matthews had no problem doing it.  Neither did Chris Wallace of Fox News Channel.

When one isn't feeding Czar Trump's narcissism, basking in his Cheetos-inspired "glory," engaging in false equivalencies to make the unacceptable totally "understandable," and constantly lowering the bar in a weak-kneed attempt to justify still supporting a clearly unqualified candidate, it is not difficult to pin him down on his lies any of the time.  

Hmmmm...Maybe there's a reason that he won't go on Rachel Maddow's show...

• Love 5
4 hours ago, madfortv said:

Mika talked about how difficult it is to pin down Trump and that he lies all the time.

What was really interesting was later in the program she tried to pin down some Florida representative about what he was going to do in session today to get Zika funding. He gave generalities and she asked him about 4 or 5 times. Weird.

Yes.   And bringing up some criticism they got from Bob Woodward who then threw up his arms in frustration when the same happened to him.

Like that justified everything they had done to advance Trump had nothing to do with them.

Edited by stormy
32 minutes ago, Dagny said:

What was really interesting was later in the program she tried to pin down some Florida representative about what he was going to do in session today to get Zika funding. He gave generalities and she asked him about 4 or 5 times. Weird.

Her aggression towards Bacerra (D) CA was cringe worthy and essentially unfounded.  Me-eka may not care about Planned Parenthood being "defunded" but her late-teen daughters away at school probably do.

• Love 1

I think Mika was trying to say that the Representative from Florida does nothing all day, and wanted him to admit he actually doesn't work and will later be chasing Pokemons throughout the halls of the Capitol building.
"I worked on the Hill.  People there worked.  Strom Thurmond my pinch your butt, but at least he worked.  What do you do?  What are you going to do today?  What are you going to do, sir?"  Ugh.  She's such an idiot.  "I'll probably hit up Facebook and then play Pokemon on my phone, bitch.  That's why I'm here at work in my suit at 7am talking to you."

• Love 3