Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

What's truly frightening us how many people are messaging back that she is.

How deluded do you have to be to think she's gotten the rawest deal?

• Love 3

What's truly frightening us how many people are messaging back that she is.

You mean on a scale from "rational" all the way to "A&E logic"?

• Love 1
I don't appreciate being called deluded simply because I see Regina's story the same way as the people who are actually writing it see it.

Well let's be fair, I think all writers love the character they center their fan fiction on no? Or else they wouldn't write a fanfiction about them in the first place. "Characters like Woegina" simply means the centerpiece of my fanfiction.

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't appreciate being called deluded simply because I see Regina's story the same way as the people who are actually writing it see it.

I didn't call you in particular deluded.    In fact, I didn't even know you felt that way;  enjoying Regina's character and story isn't the same thing. 

If you see Regina as the person on the show with the unfairest life, that's your choice.  But, considering her competition includes characters like that poor guy at the start of the episode didn't even get to go on his honeymoon--and he had about 3 lines?  I think you're wrong. 

Edited by Mari
  • Love 6

We don't even have to go to random guest stars for that. How about Graham? Spends 30+ as a sex slave, gets murdered as soon as he's free. What about Emma? Sure, Regina had a crappy mother and a man she loved died. TWO men Emma loved died, and she had no mother. Hook's lover died too, as well as his brother, and he got mutilated. I can go on. What happened to Daniel was sad, but basically every other character on the show had a comparable tragedy happening to them. Regina's problem were her psycho reactions to her problems (like she basically admitted this episode), not how "unfair" her life was. She had so many possibilities to change her life for the better, and she refused all of them until this latest episode.

• Love 6

It's not just the unfairness of Graham's life that gets me--but his death as well. He basically got into the situation because he showed mercy to Snow and refused to kill her, and later helped Charming escape even though he could not himself leave. And no one but Emma has even acknowledged him after he died. I think I would have felt better about his death if Snow and/or Emma had called Regina out for what she did to him, and if Snow had named Baby Do Over after Graham. 

• Love 4

I should probably stay off Twitter for a while or soon I'll be proposing marriage to Matt M., and that would just get embarrassing.

I think we can use this to create a new scale perhaps for how good or bad an article is. So from now on, if it's a good article written by a competent journalist, it gets a Matt. If it's a bad article clearly written by someone with an agenda who isn't looking at anything logically, it's a Natalie. Then you drop everything else in between those two.

• Love 1

LOL, I still remember when she talked about August's return and was all like "sorry Captain Swan fans, August is coming back!"

A+ instincs on that, Natalie.

I didn't call you in particular deluded.    In fact, I didn't even know you felt that way;  enjoying Regina's character and story isn't the same thing.

Yes, I get that you weren't intending to personally call me out. But I do think Regina is the most screwed over character, so I am included in the rude, blanket statement you made while you imagined that you were only insulting people who would never see your words.

Ordinarily I would be happy to discuss why I think Regina's the most screwed over character because there's not much more I love to do than write about Regina, but there's no point in entering a conversation that starts with an insult.  

It's funny how different TV fandoms all unite in their hatred of Natalie Abrams.

It was a choice between Natalie or Wanda/Kristen but Natalie seems to unfortunately be more involved with our show so.... Plus, those E! Online polls have scarred me mentally.

(edited)

@PFischler He's a writer. Writers love characters like Regina. I know we all do!

Pretty much confirms it wasn't just the Author sucking up. I don't see how writers, besides the ones who created the character, would love a Mary Sue. Some of the professional writers on this forum could probably back me up on this.

I like Regina, but I don't agree that she's well-written character or perfect to write about.

Edited by KingOfHearts

It's possible she's filming them this week but they won't air her segments until later. That's happened before. Though you'd think they'd want to air her interview BEFORE the finale.

(edited)

Jennifer on GMA.

I was very distracted by how uncomfortable she appeared to be (barely) sitting on that chair.

I would say either part of what they filmed when doing the finale is intended to be used at the beginning of 5A, or they are start filming before SDCC and will have time to throw a preview together. SDCC is July 9-12, so I guess if they start filming at the very beginning of July they might be able to get something ready in time? They did last year, but last year they began filming July 9 and Comic Con wasn't until July 26.

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 1

Amazon Canada is listing OUAT Season 4 ads coming out August 18:

http://www.amazon.ca/Once-Upon-Time-Comp-Blu-ray/dp/B00X797NLK/ref=sr_1_8?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1431269273&sr=1-8&keywords=once+upon+a+time

I really hope that's not the cover they use, because it only fits half the season.

It's not like 4B is all that memorable, you know.  I wish I can bleach my brain and forget all about 4B.  Maybe I'm asleep and having a nightmare.

(edited)

How about Young Emma & Young Lily, and Emma and Regina, with "All I want is to be your friend" in the center.  Then in one corner, there's the Snow Queen, another corner with the Queens of Darkness, one corner with Elsa, Anna and Kristoff, and the final corner with Belle and Rumple dressed as the Beast with Hook looking on.  Throw in a dragon with the flames roasting Snow and Charming.  That would be a hot mess, just like the season.  

For fans of "Person of Interest", most of the characters would have a label "Irrelevant".

Edited by Camera One

Or what about the 4a QoD pic? Or would that be considered false advertising, seeing how they did nothing all season long?

As long as it's not the regina/apple cover again. You'd think they'd stop using it seeing how she's supposed to be redeemed now and that part of her story is essentially over with (if we ignore all the useless EQ flashbacks they still try to cram in).

Sorry IGN, I do not agree with that rating at all. That finale should have been in the 8's. The pacing was horrendous. The fast pacing worked well in the first half, but the back half suffered tremendously. Scenes weren't given time to breathe or have as much emotional resonance as they should. Plus the wack a doodle way they decided to fix things (Regina's a saviour! Her blood will work!) was the usual cop out (but maybe IGN doesn't count that against them?).

I'm surprised it scored higher than the 3b finale (which got an 8.9). And no this is not coming from any shipper bias.

(edited)

S4 Bluray/DVD cover?

It is pretty obvious they are going hard for that Frozen audience. Is that Elsa or Ingrid? At least it isn't just Regina on the cover again!

I also preferred the S1 and S2 style cover because it empathized the large cast instead of just one character. If you looked at S3's cover you would have mistaken believed it was the Regina show.

Edited by icewolf

I can't remember if it was mentioned yet, but they are coming out with Once Pop Vinyls:

http://vinylmationworld.com/VMworldmob/wordpress/concept-artwork-upcoming-upon-time-pop-vinyls

Apparently there was supposed to be a Henry one, but he got swapped out with a Hook one. I find that funny. I don't understand why there isn't more Once official merchandise. It seems like the kind of show that would be perfect for it.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't remember if it was mentioned yet, but they are coming out with Once Pop Vinyls:

http://vinylmationworld.com/VMworldmob/wordpress/concept-artwork-upcoming-upon-time-pop-vinyls

Apparently there was supposed to be a Henry one, but he got swapped out with a Hook one. I find that funny. I don't understand why there isn't more Once official merchandise. It seems like the kind of show that would be perfect for it.

There are many things Once-related for sale on Etsy. I've wondered why they've sort of let that go, but it is nice to see what people are creating! Edited by OnceUponAJen
  • Love 1