Type keyword(s) to search

True Blood: Final Season Wish List

Eric is also my favorite character on this show. Followed closely by Lafayette. For me, I'd like to see them revert back a bit to when this show was truly great, when Eric was a killing machine with a hidden soft side and it was mainly about the vampire/human relationships. I think when they started bringing more supes into the mix, it became less interesting.

• Love 2

I want to see Hoyt back on the show. Come on. Alaska? Wolf country with extremely long nights for a good chunk of the year? When he first moved up there, I thought it was a setup for the next story arc. But now I think the narrative is too crowded and time limitation too short for them to go there. Which is too bad, because I'd rather watch Hoyt than Bill or Sookie.

• Love 1

I completely hate-read the final ... three books?  Look!  I have actually blocked the number from my noggin.  But yes, that series ended up being the worst, absolute worst.  And that is saying something because True Blood is pretty bad as well :D

- I wish Bill finally gets away from Sookie for good. Bill is my favourite and he rocks with everyone but her.

- I need Hoyt back for Jessica. They are my favourite couple on the show.

- More Pam

- Less of Jason

- Andy to be alive at the end of the season.

• Love 1

I agree with those that mentioned the books. It didn't fit AT ALL (IMO) at that point in the book series. And it will not work with the series if they try to pull that off. 

I don't want to see Sookie back with Bill. I think he could have the true death and I'd be okay. It has what he has wanted anyway.

I would say I want to see Sookie with Eric, but I kind of want Eric and Pam to just run off and have adventures. I think Eric and Pam should always be together.

I would like to see Hoyt and Jessica back. I miss Hoyt a lot. And I hope the Jason story works into something decent. I think he has had a rotten run and probably deserves some peace.

Of course it might be kind of awesome if the crazy zombie/vampires just took over the planet and everyone is just gone. 

As a rule, I only like Bill around other people (especially Jessica). And Sookie bugs me 99% of the time. And yet, I'm rooting for those two to end up together. *shrug* I think it's mainly nostalgia - nothing on this show is as good as it used to be, so thinking back to season 1 when they were getting to know each other and everything was simpler, makes me smile. I absolutely get why everyone else is hoping they stay apart, though.

My wish list includes a lot of naked Eric.

What? I'm shallow.

I'll jump in that pool with you. I'd also like lots of  naked Alcide. And naked Jason. And naked Sam...

I just want Eric. Eric and happiness. Could be around Pam. Not Sookie. Can be with anyone else but Sookie.

I just need Eric to be happy and alive (heh) in the end.

• Love 1

Any Sookie pairing but Bill. Best outcome: she dies, no one gives a damn.
Eric and Pam somewhere on the road? Damn yeah.
Jessica with maybe James (if the recasting works) or no one. I don't think she and Jason ever worked, she deserves better.
I don't want to see any of Sam's one-season love interests ever again. Luna was probably the best of them, though. But can we forget about the girl from the last season? I mean, I sorta already have.
For Arlene to be happy. She's had enough shit happen to her. I was really rooting for her and Terry, dammit.
I wouldn't be averse to seeing Sara Newlin again, as long as it's in the vein of that scene last season when she killed the Asian executive.

Reposted from wrong thread (apologies):

Being the series finale, I would like if Sookie actually learned something about herself. #1 for me is that she not only doesn't like her brother, but positively despises him, and even wishes him harm. She can't really think Violet is a good thing for him? One of the many things that bothered me about the characterization is the way that Sookie never spoke with Jason about being molested by Uncle Bartlett. If she resents him for getting away or somehow thinks he was responsible for covering she really needs to make that clear. She never even asked Jason if he had any problems with Bartlett. Which would be a much better explanation for Jason's sexual compulsions/failure at school/drifting than the high school teacher, by the way. #2 would be what she did to Tara, who may be a kickass vampire. My problem there is that I always preferred the humans.

Agreed with sjohnson about the Tara being turned thing being glossed over.

But I'm just here for the pretty. I just want more Lafayette, more naked Eric and way more naked Alcide. And I want Bill and Sookie on opposite ends of the galaxy, but I'll settle for Sookie losing her fairy magic and Bill getting bored when that hsppens.

(edited)

I need Hoyt back with Jessica. They are my favourite couple on the show.

I would like to see Hoyt and Jessica back. I miss Hoyt a lot.

I miss Hoyt too, but not enough to reunite him with Jessica, who not only lied to him, cheated on him and banged his best friend Jason, she glamoured him into forgiving him. Jessica's glamouring Hoyt into forgetting her and Jason was for the best.

Jessica with maybe James (if the recasting works) or no one. I don't think she and Jason ever worked, she deserves better.

I think Jason deserves better. Jessica's bloom wore off the rose for me when she killed almost all of Andy's daughters.  She may not have meant to do it, but in this case, intent doesn't matter-results do.

As a rule, I only like Bill around other people (especially Jessica). And Sookie bugs me 99% of the time. And yet, I'm rooting for these two to end up together. *shrugs* I think it's mainly nostalgia-nothing on this show is as good as it used to be, so thinking back to season 1 when they were getting to know each other and everything was simpler,  makes me smile. I absolutely get why everyone else wants them to stay apart, though.

I totally disagree. I think Bill and Sookie  are toxic together. There's nothing simple about their relationship. Bill had not only lied to Sookie on the night he first met her, he almost got her killed. Their so-called "true love" has gotten too many innocent people hurt, killed and/or turned for me to ever root for them.

Edited by DollEyes

Given that the ending of the series and the last couple books was a disappointment to put it mildly, I don't mind they've gone completely away from them.  TB is at its when the camp aspect is embraced and celebrated.  I don't think that naked Alcide, Eric, and Jason are too much to ask for. 

At this point?  Last episode?  Everyone but Pam dies.  

Maybe the last scene could be Beeell tearing Sucky's heart of out her chest while she simultaneously stakes him, while the town of Bon Temps, and pretty much ALL of it's inhabitants burns to a crisp behind them.

• Love 1

Haha, am glad to find I'm not the only one that liked poor Hoyt. I have to agree though that he deserves better than Jessica, but I'm just really sad the show went that way with the characters in the first place. I'm not even sure why I'm watching the last season, I haven't cared about most of the characters the last few years. They could do just about anything and I'd say "meh". :/

I want another shifter / skinwalker to be Sam. Because Sam Trammell is just fucking awesome at being other people being Sam. And let's be honest, it's not like they need to come up with any sort of plot for it to happen.

• Love 3

Add me to the people who miss Hoyt... though I do think his story was mostly done at that point. His relationship with Jessica was perfection from the beginning, but it needed to end. It wasn't going to work out as a long term relationship, despite how much love there was.

In general, I want happy endings for my favorite characters... I want Bill & Sookie back together, I'm hoping we'll get a satisfying end to Eric's story as well- him and Pam are always great together. I want Jason to ditch Violet rapidly... And I hope Sam doesn't have to lose yet another love, especially one who is carrying his child (even if the start of their relationship was rushed and wack, and we don't need more characters). I'm also good with Lafayette finding a new love/ happiness, and I really hope nothing bad happens to Jessica. She's looking to atone for her mistakes, and while it's never going to be completely okay, I want it to at least get a little better.  Andy has also grown into one of my favorite characters, so I want happy things for him and Holly.

Also... Nudity from pretty much all the main male characters is fine by me ;)

• Love 1

I don't want Bill and Sookie together ever again.  I would be fine if she stakes Bill and goes off to be with Alcide at the end. 

Oh and naked Alcide and Eric would be fine with me as well.

Lafayette, Arlene and Andy....I just hope they make it to the end and are happy. 

Speaking of Arlene, what ever happened to Mickey? He still channeling ghosts?

• Love 1

I'm fine with Sookie and Bill ending up together.  I actually like them together.  Frankly, at this point, I can't see her with anyone else.  They completely botched the romance with Eric and any chemistry between him and Sookie has been lost.  I really don't care one way or the other about Alcide, but they don't have much chemistry either.  I'm also thinking that Sookie is going be turned, finally.  Because seriously, there's nowhere else they can go from here.  As it is, they can't have any children, regardless of her being mortal or not.  And although Bill can actually commit to a relationship (unlike all the other vampires) he will still outlive Sookie if she remains a mortal.  They've been tap-dancing with this since the beginning, and now that we're at the end, they may as well make Sookie a vampire and be done with it.  Unless her fae blood means they can't turn her, but they never mentioned that.

If Hoyt returns, I'm thinking he might be turned as well.  Not for cruelty, but because it looks like James and Lafayette are hooking up, and it would be an strange sort of unity to have Hoyt and Jessica back together and finally able to understand each other on a vampire wavelength.  I love Hoyt, so I'm hoping that his return will be nice.

No more fairies, werewolves, or werepanthers.  Ever.  Even though the werepanther plot was poorly resolved (shouldn't Jason have at least a dozen wolf cubs by now?) it was so terrible that I'm willing to forget it even happened.

Eric and Pam have been so weird the past two years, I'm just hoping neither of them gets staked.  That's pretty much it.

shouldn't Jason have at least a dozen wolf cubs by now?

Soon if my timeline math is right. even with the six month time jump, all the panther stuff happened after the year jump, and season 4 led into 5, and 5 into 6. Before seeing how pregnant Sam's girlfriend is, since it's the last season it was one storyline I could see them getting away with not resolving. But she seemed pregnanter than she should be and who knows how long a werepanther gestates for anyway.

(edited)

I don't want to see Sookie end up with Bill because there's no other choice and she's used to him by now. I believe that making Sookie a vamp would turn a story that,  when it worked, started as a pretty clever metaphor for civil rights into a Twilight ripoff.  I'm used to headaches, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life with them. I would much rather see Sookie end up alone than with the wrong guy for the wrong reasons, aka Bill.

As for Jessica's future, I predict that the only chance she has with either Hoyt or Jason would be if one of them gets turned (not that I want to see her with either of them) because I believe that she & James' days are pretty much numbered anyway. I think that Jess is much more into James than vice versa. Speaking of James,  I believe that he and Lafayette will not only be lovers, I think James will become Lala's maker.  Lafayette offered to join Eric's family back in Season 2, but it didn't happen because I think it was a case of right offer, wrong vamp, plus getting turned for love would be way more convincing and less cringeworthy for me if it was Lala than Sookie.

Edited by DollEyes

I don't want to see Sookie end up with Bill because there's no other choice and she's used to him by now. I believe that making Sookie a vamp would turn a story that,  when it worked, started as a pretty clever metaphor for civil rights into a Twilight ripoff.  I'm used to headaches, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life with them. I would much rather see Sookie end up alone than with the wrong guy for the wrong reasons, aka Bill.

As for Jessica's future, I predict that the only chance she has with either Hoyt or Jason would be if one of them gets turned (not that I want to see her with either of them) because I believe that she & James' days are pretty much numbered anyway. I think that Jess is much more into James than vice versa. Speaking of James,  I believe that he and Lafayette will not only be lovers, I think James will become Lala's maker.  Lafayette offered to join Eric's family back in Season 2, but it didn't happen because I think it was a case of right offer, wrong vamp, plus getting turned for love would be way more convincing and less cringeworthy for me if it was Lala than Sookie.

While we differ re: Bill... I'm in agreement that I'm not a fan of the idea of Sookie being turned... but I think her ending up with a vampire and finding a way to make it work would be much more interesting than her turning (like in every other vampire show/movie/book with a human girl). She can throw away her fairy light and be no longer fae (whatever that means) so the writers have some other options to play with. I would not be opposed to the idea of Sookie ending up alone... since aside from Bill, I don't see anything else that makes sense. I would hope they wouldn't throw in someone else at the very end to suddenly be her love interest... and any non-vampire (unless it's a fae perhaps) would present the same mind reading issues that she's having with Alcide.

I also don't see a problem with Jessica ending up alone for a time... she can have friends and fun without needing to be in some sort of serious relationship. She's (hopefully) got a lot of years ahead of her, so why settle down? I miss Hoyt, but I don't need him back, especially not in the context of Jessica. James and Lafayette seems very interesting to me... I like the new James a lot more than the old one.

Soon if my timeline math is right. even with the six month time jump, all the panther stuff happened after the year jump, and season 4 led into 5, and 5 into 6. Before seeing how pregnant Sam's girlfriend is, since it's the last season it was one storyline I could see them getting away with not resolving. But she seemed pregnanter than she should be and who knows how long a werepanther gestates for anyway.

Hopefully Jason was shooting blanks, or the inbreeding has caused some serious infertility amongst the werepanthers and we'll never, ever, ever see them again...

(edited)

My only wish is for Jason and Lafayette to be the heroes and save Bon Temps from Sookeh and Bill. Then they join up with Jessica to find Hoyt. Hoyt, Jessica and Jason have polyamorous relationship. Jason becomes the Chief of Police and Lafayette opens his own restaurant. Or all 4 of them go live an on island and as they drive away they see Bon Temps burn to the ground in their rearview mirror.

Edited by catrox14

I wish that next week's episode was not as boring as this week's.

I'm going to add my wish to yours in the hope that gives it more power.

• Love 1

If that doesn't take, I'll settle for them showing us that Sam has been paying visits to the local zoo. Let him get really pissed off (at the town mob, at the hetvamps, a the Yakuza, I don't really care which,) and turn into like a hippo or a rhino or an elephant.

I want the ending to show Jason meeting a nice, simple girl that wants to have a family and will help fill that particular hole in his heart.  

I want Sookie to either find another fae portal and join them forever, or be turned into a vampire (although I wonder if she turns into a vampire if she'd be like Warlow and be able to be a day walker as well as a night walker - also, if she feeds Bill - would Bill be able to walk in the day with her) and be with Bill.  Sookie and Bill could also die together in a final fight and I wouldn't be sad.

I want Arlene to be happy with her family and move on.

Holly and Andy together.  His fae daughter goes into the portal with Sookie.

Sam and Lover 27 can be together or die, don't really care.

Lafayette finally finds happiness - although I think him becoming a vampire would be a fitting end to the story.

Eric, Pam, and Willa keep on keeping on (although, I think Willa might not make it).  Maybe Pam having another progeny that she does right this time.

If that doesn't take, I'll settle for them showing us that Sam has been paying visits to the local zoo. Let him get really pissed off (at the town mob, at the hetvamps, a the Yakuza, I don't really care which,) and turn into like a hippo or a rhino or an elephant.

i do wish Sam's shifting adventures weren't limited by budget... cause then we could totally get rhino Sam or bear Sam on screen doing something more fun than eating out of Ma Fortenberry's trash can.

• Love 1

I couldn't care less about Sookie.  If she and Bill stay in Bon Temps, that's fine.

I just want Eric to survive and for him and Pam to leave Bon Temps and go far, far away.

• Love 2