Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Charlotte's Web

As the girls are forced to stay in Rosewood, questions about the new mystery surface. A restless Aria starts to look suspicious as she heads back to Boston a little too quickly. But could Aria really be the one behind this? As Spencer, Emily and Hanna find themselves back in familiar territory, they aren't happy with going about solving this puzzle "the old way". Meanwhile, Emily continues to lie about her life in California and Alison keeps a close eye on her friends.

Promo:

Clip:

Oh, gawd. Is the night of Charlotte's murder going to be like the night of Ali's disappearance where the time-space continuum bends to allow Aria to do 5 million things in the space of like, an hour? Is that supposed to be Ezra she's meeting in the hotel lobby?

I am going to get this song stuck in my head every time I see the episode title:

• Love 2

God, why do they have to make me dislike Emily?  She used to be my favorite and now they have her blowing off her mom when she clearly needs her because Alison needs her to 'be available all day', just like she was blowing off her friends for Shower Harvey last season.  I was hoping the 5 year jump would do something positive for her character but she's still being crapped on by this show and obviously not coping well at all.  

• Love 2

I felt so bad for Emily's mom when she asked her to come to the cemetery with her. She is far more patient and selfless than I am though. When Emily said she couldn't go because she promised Ali that she would be available ALL DAY the next day because Ali needed her, I was like dude, Em, YOUR MOM NEEDS YOU.

• Love 3

Emily doesn't want to accept her dad is dead and Ali was just an excuse, rather than the true reason.

Yes, I think that must be it. Well, unless the writers think Emily behaving that way would be a great bone to throw to the Emison shippers, which sadly isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Trying to think of why Emily would have wrapped packages of syringes and bottles of pills in her purse. HIV treatment? Or is she selling her eggs to make money? Stimulating ovulation involves pills and injections....

Trying to think of why Emily would have wrapped packages of syringes and bottles of pills in her purse. HIV treatment? Or is she selling her eggs to make money? Stimulating ovulation involves pills and injections....

Pharm scamming, crushing & burning is SO UPPER MIDDLE CLASS though.

Well it's nice to know that five years later, the girls are as dumb as ever. Yeah, it totally won't look suspicious that the only security footage missing from the hotel just happens to be footage recorded from the night that people who would have motive to kill Charlotte were all staying there.

Poor Ezra, I feel ya, buddy. I've also heard tales of pedophiles who stalk the underage girl they're having sex with in order to write a book and not get punished for it. This world is fucked up.

And seriously, show? Emily now has cancer? And she can't even afford to pay for parking? And she can't even visit her father's grave without some mute fembot with mittens for hands showing up and staring her down? I want the final episode to be Emily blowing the place up.

Hannah's line about not being able to find sushi in Rosewood made absolutely no sense. From everything we've seen over the years, Rosewood appears to be a rather upper class town in close proximity to Philadelphia, yet sushi can't be found?

• Love 12

I can't believe what happened to Sara Harvey's hands is a legitimate point of mystery on this show. Why is this girl even relevant? Who cares? And so Charlotte didn't kidnap her, she just wanted to hang out in an underground bunker with a psycho and torture a random group of teenage girls she didn't know? Ok. 

Alison inviting Caleb to dinner was such a contrived way to get Hanna's new guy and old guy in the same room. Alison and Caleb were never friends and never liked each other, so unless she invited him because she suspected him of foul play in Charlotte's murder and wanted to get all her potential suspects in one room so she could feel them out, it makes no sense. 

But Alison's shade-filled prayer and accompanying death stare was hilarious. Maybe old Ali isn't gone for good. 

Emily better not have cancer. Seriously, this show sucks sometimes. 

I like how Hanna was all "we're not in high school anymore" as they all proceeded to act like they're still in high school. And apparently they have learned absolutely nothing from their past mistakes and are still lying their asses off even though A hasn't even made herself/himself known yet.

Of course deleting the security footage is going to come back to bite them in the ass and probably make them all look guilty instead of just Aria and creepy Ezra but they'll deserve it for being so stupid. 

I know what happened to Ezra's girlfriend was horrible and tragic but I kind of wish he would just shut the hell up and go away already. Why is he so shocked that bad things happen to good people? Not only has he done bad things to good people, like sexually preying on Aria, but he idly watched as someone else did a bunch of horrible shit to a group of innocent teenage girls because he was doing research for his true crime novel. Ugh. He's the worst. And because he's the first suspect in Charlotte's murder we know it's not actually going to be him so this is all a waste of time, but honestly I wouldn't have minded it being him because he's already a creep so why not make him a murderer.

Aria's new guy is cute. Not really feeling Hanna's though, he seems disingenuous.

I don't want any drama between Spencer and Hanna but I can't help but like Spencer with Caleb. I think they're much better suited for each other than Hanna and Caleb ever were.  

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 4

Of course Aria has to still be in a secret relationship. This is what what she`s into. 

"Yeah, he was my teacher. We were also screwing. Does that make me look better or worse?" 

Ali`s passive aggressive prayer was my favorite. 

• Love 5

So it kind of looks like Caleb and Spencer are going to get Hanna's "Okay" before they do anything. Which is all I want. (And I want Hanna and Caleb to end up together.) And also not tell Toby. Which makes it even better. 

I liked Aria's dude. Didn't like Hanna's. Don't know what accent that is supposed to be. 

Emily. :( I can't even. WHAT DOES SHE HAVE SHOW!

Ali's prayer was PLL at it's best. 

As for the mystery..don't forget..CeCe was our first suspect in season 3. So there's hope guys.

• Love 2

I don't want any drama between Spencer and Hanna but I can't help but like Spencer with Caleb. I think they're much better suited for each other than Hanna and Caleb ever were.  

To me, the Spencer/Caleb conversation about Europe felt contrived.  Seriously, Spencer never saw a more beautiful sunrise then that time in Madrid and Caleb's best night ever was drinking the sangria with Spencer.  It feels like the show is hitting us over the head with the whole "Caleb and Spencer are secretly in love"--I found myself eye-rolling my way through their entire bullfight talk.

• Love 7

That looked like Spencer's pot cookie buddy with Emily in the hospital parking lot. Why wouldn't Emily just tell her mom she's sick?

I don't think the new A is going to be bringing them closer together. Hanna doesn't seem to like any of them anymore. Of course Aria has a job, Hanna!

Spencer is in love with Caleb. I didn't get that he was in love with her at all.

• Love 1

Everybody's new secrets are so lame and really don't make a lot of sense that they're not telling people. Emily being sick, Aria being after Fitz for his book by the publisher she works for. The only one that does is Spencer apparently having fallen for Caleb. At least that one makes sense because of Hanna.

• Love 1

Did A's driver refer to them as "sir" at the end in the cemetery? I guess that's confirmation that A is a guy. I know we got that clip from the future of the girls running into Ali's classroom at the end of last season where they say "he's" coming from her, but I wasn't taking that as confirmation because I assumed they could just be warning her about the wrong person or who they think is A but isn't actually. 

ETA: Janel Parrish (Mona) live tweeted the episode and answered a fan's question about what happened to Sara Harvey. Since it hasn't been explained on the show beyond something happened to her hands the night Charlotte was revealed as A, I'll just post the link incase anyone doesn't want to "spoiled" on the gripping mystery of Sara Harvey's hands. Weird that Janel would just give that away before it's been revealed in the episode, not that it's all that interesting. 

Edited by SadieT

So many lies. So many liars. It's like the last five years haven't happened.

Oh please let the killer be Ezra. I know it's not but Ezra being dark and broody and killery is almost interesting.

I like finding out what the lists have been up to over the last five years. Emily's self destruction is an interesting story.

I know what you did last murder?

I kinda like Spencer and Caleb.

• Love 1

ETA: Janel Parrish (Mona) live tweeted the episode and answered a fan's question about what happened to Sara Harvey. Since it hasn't been explained on the show beyond something happened to her hands the night Charlotte was revealed as A, I'll just post the link incase anyone doesn't want to "spoiled" on the gripping mystery of Sara Harvey's hands. Weird that Janel would just give that away before it's been revealed in the episode, not that it's all that interesting. 

Also, who cares if 

Sarah got electrocuted when they stopped the bomb. She was setting the bomb to try and kill them.

• Love 7

I'm going to respond to this in the spoiler thread just in case anyone wants to remain unspoiled.

Smooth move, destroying the tape that exonerates 3/4 Liars.  Now you're all suspects with no alibis except each other, congratulations you idiots.

I don't think Emily has cancer necessarily - that was just blond coffee shop manager chick telling her story about being sick.  It's got to be something that she thinks she can hide successfully, and chemotherapy doesn't work that way -- it's debilitating and her hair would fall out.

I'm calling this now:  Blonde walking into the church as seen by Aria and Ezra was not Charlotte.  We only saw the back of her head, and she didn't have the flowers with her.  It was probably Mona in disguise for... reasons... inadequately explained reasons that we won't hear until 6.19, and she saw who the real killer was.  Or saw something that leads them to another red herring for season 7.

Shower Harvey now has a signature move, it's "turn your head sideways and glare".  Probably just as well that she doesn't have any dialog because the actress is blah. 

Caleb and Spencer fucked that night in Madrid, right?  A one night stand that they've been thinking about ever since, at least that was the vibe I got.

I can't believe what happened to Sara Harvey's hands is a legitimate point of mystery on this show. Why is this girl even relevant? Who cares? And so Charlotte didn't kidnap her, she just wanted to hang out in an underground bunker with a psycho and torture a random group of teenage girls she didn't know? Ok.

Her backstory hasn't been explained, though I really don't care.  She disappeared the day after Ali went missing, so right before their sophomore year.  Charlotte had her out privileges revoked at the same time, and didn't start going out again until after she met Mona, so Sara was off doing whatever, and was not in the dollhouse, for two years.  Wait, sorry, I forgot:  I don't care.

Didn't like Hanna's. Don't know what accent that is supposed to be.

Sounded vaguely Australian to me, but it sort of came and went.  It was weird.  He's apparently from a wealthy family, which explains Hanna's opulent lifestyle:  she's golddigging on her fiance's dime.

Aria's new BF looked like a hipster douchebag.

• Love 7

Wow you have to love Pretty Little Liars.  What was it thirty six hours ago we were all saying that we did not want the show to have Emily be sick?  How all they seem to do is heap bad things on Emily?  That after last season we have no faith in this show to handle a serious illness well.  And what does this show go and do?  They give Emily cancer, at least from the looks of it (watch its a fake out and she only has a vitamin deficiency).  Extra points for Hanna's off hand comment about Emily being the one to throw up night they were all together.  "No Aria, I wasn't super drunk, that was just Emily with a terminal illness."

But seriously I thought Shay did a really good job with the scene at her dad's grave.  If only they had toned down the suffering in her life, that scene would have worked well as a "I need to move on with my life but I find it hard to let go" instead of "Every terrible thing possible has happened me".  The good acting goes for the rest of the Lairs.  I liked the season between Hanna and Aria at the beginning, even though I knew Aria was not the killer, Ashley and Lucy sold me on the tension between the two characters.

As for the other story lines, this episode felt like business as usual for the show, though I guess the show does feel a little more fresh now that the writers are not dragging out the same mystery and drama for like thirty episodes longer than they planned.

Edited by superman1204
  • Love 1

I'm going to go with Emily not having cancer, but like Blondie said, it's probably "something like that". Probably a serious enough illness, but not cancer. Or I'm wrong and it's an early stage of cancer. Sometimes, depending on what type of cancer and what stage, you don't necessarily lose your hair. It also depends on treatment. Plus, her lack of hair loss will be due to the TV drammmmaaaaaaaa, and not because it'll be realistic. Emily was talking to Hanna about what she does at the Salk Institute, and she does mention infectious diseases, Alzheimer's and diabetes. I presume it's not the latter two, so she might have the former.

It definitely feels like Spencer is in love with Caleb. Now, whether he is or not, Tyler Blackburn is either not emoting as well (unlikely, because he is a good actor) or he's playing Caleb as less in love with Spencer than Troian's depiction of Spencer's feelings for Caleb. Not that it's a bad thing, but I do think there is potential and a bit of ambiguity for me to buy Caleb and Spencer being in love. I just think having ambiguity makes more possibilities of the storyline going somewhere new. 

I did laugh at Ali's shade and death glare. You see, that is the Ali I actually like! Ironic, isn't it? 

I still think that there's going to be issues with the show continuing for much longer, mostly because the time will REALLY have to be condensed in order for me to actually buy any of the girls staying in Rosewood past Charlotte's murder being solved. Sure, they have friends and family there, but they all have wanted to move on, and no plausible explanation can be bought from me that allows me to believe that they'd actively stay in Rosewood. They can't just keep killing every single loved one. I know the show can't quite work with all the girls in different areas of the country (and, for Hanna, the world) but it's going to be really damn hard for me to actually like the possibility of several more seasons after this. Plus, the girls keep getting dumber by lying just so the show can continue. It's annoying at this point, and it keeps the girls static in a teenage state. 

Flashback Charlotte looked more like Emily's Blondie Love Interest to me. 

I'd totally root for an Ezra-is-the-killer scenario. But since it was spelled out this episode, I'm gonna go with that being a big fat no. They'll probably go with Mona, because it's easy, or Aria's new guy, just because it's 'shocking'. And I'll bet they'll throw in a 'Melissa was there' scenario, just to be 'shocking and new!'. 

• Love 2

If Emily's got cancer and getting treatment she sure is drinking a lot with her treatment. I wish she'd confide in someone, like Toby. 

So Aria's hipster boyfriend knows nothing of her past or even her relationship with Ezra. While Hannah's fiancee knows everything. Score points for Hannah, at least she is in an honest relationship. I actually liked Jordan too, so far he doesn't seem like a place holder for Caleb.

Spencer appeared more star struck over Caleb, than Caleb was for her. He seemed to still be about Hannah where as Spencer seemed in love with Caleb during all her reminiscing of Madrid.

I guess we learned Caleb and Hannah broke up then he left for bag packing trip of Europe? Wasn't he getting a big time paying job, why would he need to stay in hostels?

Aria was right to get on the plane and got back. Why should she who didn't even want Charlotte released, lose her job and take time off she doesn't have because the Rosewood Police of all people tell her to stay? The way Alli, Spencer and Hannah were acting was like Aria was a bad and evil person because she dared to go back to work instead of holding Alli's hand. They all should have gotten on their planes and go, except Emily who doesn't need to go. 

Aria or the others don't owe Alli anything and especially Charlotte. They shouldn't be running because she beckons.

Alli wanting Caleb there and Caleb even hanging out with her at dinner was odd. He always called her out as he saw it. He should be acting more like Toby and calling it out as them running because Alli said so.

• Love 2

So it kind of looks like Caleb and Spencer are going to get Hanna's "Okay" before they do anything. Which is all I want. (And I want Hanna and Caleb to end up together.) And also not tell Toby. Which makes it even better. 

I liked Aria's dude. Didn't like Hanna's. Don't know what accent that is supposed to be. 

Emily. :( I can't even. WHAT DOES SHE HAVE SHOW!

Ali's prayer was PLL at it's best. 

As for the mystery..don't forget..CeCe was our first suspect in season 3. So there's hope guys.

You basically summed up everything I felt about this episode.

I will go down with Haleb but I think I can handle hate watching Spencer and Haleb get together JUST ONE TIME and then feel horrible and miserable about it for weeks while A holds it over their heads with another contrived blackmail plot. I don't hate it as much as I thought I would but I still hate it and I will still tolerate it. Mainly because Hanna's fiance looks like someone's dad (actually he's exactly how I imagine Tom Marin roughly 20 years ago, talk about Daddy issues), and I swear I needed subtitles for this one. Is he even speaking English?

And I'm still holding out that Emily isn't dying of a terminal disease. I would much rather believe she's undergoing treatment to pay the bills. I read a theory somewhere that she's an egg donor. I'll go with that and/or blood plasma. I don't care, just please don't kill Emily (Aria is up for grabs though!). But if I'm honest, I think Emily's probably inherited whatever mysterious heart condition her dad had, which would explain why she's keeping it from her mom.

• Love 1

Smooth move, destroying the tape that exonerates 3/4 Liars.  Now you're all suspects with no alibis except each other, congratulations you idiots.

That is all I could think as well.  These idiots haven't learned ANYTHING.

I'm calling this now:  Blonde walking into the church as seen by Aria and Ezra was not Charlotte.  We only saw the back of her head, and she didn't have the flowers with her.  It was probably Mona in disguise for... reasons... inadequately explained reasons that we won't hear until 6.19, and she saw who the real killer was.  Or saw something that leads them to another red herring for season 7.

I was wondering about this as well.  Historically, when this show fails to actually show someones face, it's pretty much a guarantees that it wasn't who we thought (or I should say these dip shits assumed) it was. I haven't trusted the back of a blonde head on this show for more than 5 years.

I'm only one board for a Caleb/Spencer thing if Caleb and Hannah have truly moved on.  I refuse to tolerate a triangle between these girls and any man, even arguably the best guy to have ever been on this show... especially him.

In other news, I liked Aria's boyfriend, but I'm leery of getting attached while she's interacting with Ezra on any level.

Why does this show enjoy crushing Emily?  

• Love 2

Are producers of this show aware that it is filmed in HD because the makeup on the PLLs was bad -- especially Alison and Hanna ?

The other PLLs have got to call Emily on her Salk Institute bulllshit -- working on cancer and infectious diseases.  5 years is not enough time get an undergrad degree -- AND -- get your medical degree.  Unless she's an intern.  Plus, Emily is just not that bright.

Plus, what kind of shitty security does this hotel have ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 7

5 years later & they still won't tell anyone until they get proof? Really show? The only thing that has changed about these people is their hair, they're just as stupid as always. And what did they do to Alison & Hannah’s makeup? You could see the shading all over their faces, it looked really weird, & Alison was a strange color.

• Love 4

I just thought of this upon rewatch, but Aria got in a cab and left just as Charlotte was walking into the church, so there's her alibi. Destroying that tape won't prove Ezra's innocence.

Edited by WhitneyWhit
  • Love 2

Aria was right to get on the plane and got back. Why should she who didn't even want Charlotte released, lose her job and take time off she doesn't have because the Rosewood Police of all people tell her to stay? The way Alli, Spencer and Hannah were acting was like Aria was a bad and evil person because she dared to go back to work instead of holding Alli's hand. They all should have gotten on their planes and go, except Emily who doesn't need to go. 

Aria or the others don't owe Alli anything and especially Charlotte. They shouldn't be running because she beckons.

Alli wanting Caleb there and Caleb even hanging out with her at dinner was odd. He always called her out as he saw it. He should be acting more like Toby and calling it out as them running because Alli said so.

The girls didn't stick around because Alison asked them to or even to be there for her. They were planning on leaving after the funeral but Lorenzo told them to stick around to answer questions and implied they were suspects. They've done enough falsely accusing people of murder and being falsely accused of murder to know that leaving would make them look even more suspicious. Except Aria didn't seem to care, which is her prerogative but now of course she's going to be falsely accused of murder as a result. 

I'm going to go with Emily not having cancer, but like Blondie said, it's probably "something like that". Probably a serious enough illness, but not cancer. Or I'm wrong and it's an early stage of cancer. Sometimes, depending on what type of cancer and what stage, you don't necessarily lose your hair. It also depends on treatment. Plus, her lack of hair loss will be due to the TV drammmmaaaaaaaa, and not because it'll be realistic. Emily was talking to Hanna about what she does at the Salk Institute, and she does mention infectious diseases, Alzheimer's and diabetes. I presume it's not the latter two, so she might have the former.

It definitely feels like Spencer is in love with Caleb. Now, whether he is or not, Tyler Blackburn is either not emoting as well (unlikely, because he is a good actor) or he's playing Caleb as less in love with Spencer than Troian's depiction of Spencer's feelings for Caleb. Not that it's a bad thing, but I do think there is potential and a bit of ambiguity for me to buy Caleb and Spencer being in love. I just think having ambiguity makes more possibilities of the storyline going somewhere new. 

Her mentioning infectious diseases made me think that might be the culprit too, although I wouldn't know which one they'd give her. Or why. An infection of any sort actually makes sense from a medical standpoint. I know someone who had a serious kidney infection and required chemotherapy and self-injected steroids to treat it. But that seems like such a random illness to give a TV character because it's not well known. When a character gets seriously ill on TV it's usually cancer because everyone's familiar with cancer and how serious it is, but I'm not convinced that's what's going on with Emily. I still can't believe Emily's secret is that she's sick. 

Last episode I thought Caleb came off as really into Spencer. He couldn't stop mentioning her name and popping up to see her, but this episode he seemed more concerned about Hanna and her new man and Spencer seemed to be the one longing for him. 

And what did they do to Alison & Hannah’s makeup? You could see the shading all over their faces, it looked really weird, & Alison was a strange color.

It's so heavy, it's distracting. And it's really unnecessary because they're obviously beautiful. I think maybe in Alison's case it's to make her look older because Sasha is so much younger than the others, but it's not flattering and she still looks noticeably younger, she just looks like a teenager who's wearing a lot of makeup. 

• Love 1

For years I have wanted Spencer to move on from that block of wood, Toby. It looks like I got my wish, but it came at the expense of my favorite couple. I really do not look forward to the inevitable scene where Hannah comes to terms with it and gives her blessing to Spencer and Caleb. At the very least the show could have given Hannah a fiance who's more interesting than the standard bland handsome guy Jordan comes off as. Blerg, I hate when I invest years in a TV pairing only to have the relationship blown to hell for no good reason.

I do like Aria's new boyfriend, so I'm sure she'll dump him soon enough.

No way this show has the balls to make Ezra an unrepentant murderer. No way! Gee, something about this storyline seems familiar...

Allison's "prayer" was about the only part of the episode that piqued my interest. I hope this means Allison is done playing good girl, and is ready to switch into psycho bitch mode.

• Love 3

The girls didn't stick around because Alison asked them to or even to be there for her. They were planning on leaving after the funeral but Lorenzo told them to stick around to answer questions and implied they were suspects.  

The dinner they ran to because Allison needed them to be there and Allison gave attitude because she couldn't reach Aria for the dinner. Like Aria was going to fly back for it and drop everything because Allison needed he for a dinner party. 

Just like Toby said last week, Alli flashes the bat signal and they all run. The only one who has seemed to grow up is Aria, she didn't do Alli's bidding at the court hearing she told the truth and she didn't do Alli's bidding by obeying the cops or even answering her dinner party request.

• Love 5

The dinner they ran to because Allison needed them to be there and Allison gave attitude because she couldn't reach Aria for the dinner. Like Aria was going to fly back for it and drop everything because Allison needed he for a dinner party. 

Just like Toby said last week, Alli flashes the bat signal and they all run. The only one who has seemed to grow up is Aria, she didn't do Alli's bidding at the court hearing she told the truth and she didn't do Alli's bidding by obeying the cops or even answering her dinner party request.

Yeah, pretty much. Although I can see Emily running to Alison's side because she wants to not only avoid going to her father's grave, but she wants to focus on someone else because she has secrets that she doesn't want to deal with. But for Hanna and Spencer, I got nothing. 

I just thought of this upon rewatch, but Aria got in a cab and left just as Charlotte was walking into the church, so there's her alibi. Destroying that tape won't prove Ezra's innocence.

It just means that the Aria has to take it up a notch and kill the cab driver.  And if that was Charlotte going into that church, where did she get that SUV from ?  But who's kidding who, it probably wasn't Charlotte.

Her mentioning infectious diseases made me think that might be the culprit too, although I wouldn't know which one they'd give her. Or why. An infection of any sort actually makes sense from a medical standpoint. I know someone who had a serious kidney infection and required chemotherapy and self-injected steroids to treat it. But that seems like such a random illness to give a TV character because it's not well known. When a character gets seriously ill on TV it's usually cancer because everyone's familiar with cancer and how serious it is, but I'm not convinced that's what's going on with Emily. I still can't believe Emily's secret is that she's sick. 

Maybe she caught something while he was in Haiti working for Habitat for Humanity.  The weird thing is that if Emily had to go to a clinic to do whatever needs doing, why did she have injection needles in her purse -- because that implies that she was injecting herself, and no clinic was necessary (since the needles were prescription).

Maybe she caught something while he was in Haiti working for Habitat for Humanity. The weird thing is that if Emily had to go to a clinic to do whatever needs doing, why did she have injection needles in her purse -- because that implies that she was injecting herself, and no clinic was necessary (since the needles were prescription).

She could just have an appointment for tests to see how the treatment's going.

The Sarah Harvey thing is ridiculous! So what Janel tweeted is what happened to her hands? That's it? Why is this a mystery? Or is there something else the Liars did to her we don't know about? Her evil glares are soapy fun though, I must admit.

So that was Charlotte's grave at the end? Didn't it feel like the funeral happened extremely fast? Lorenzo just now got information on her time of death but they buried her days ago? Seems like they'd keep her body for a while to complete forensics, but I don't know anything about that stuff so I could be wrong. Did they have the funeral without the body?

The liars are idiots, information is being withheld for no reason et cetera, must be Tuesday.

Edited by joelene

OMG I was cracking up that there's even a website in the PLL universe called the Rosewood Politico. Seriously, you guys!

After all this time, Veronica thinks that the Rosewood Observer has enough class not to pay attention to murder rumors? Uh, no. From what we've seen of the local paper over the past few years, it's barely a step above small town gossip rag so YES, they would definitely be all over the possibility that Spencer had anything to do with Charlotte's murder.

I still can't get over Veronica being on Spencer's ass about everything to telling her she knows she didn't murder Charlotte and she's not a liability to her campaign.

So why does Ali now think that one of the PLLs had something to do with Charlotte's murder? Because Spencer was callous enough to move Charlotte's welcome home flowers from the table before dinner? I get Ali being mad that Aria left town and hasn't called her back, but at the same time, dude, she said she had to leave to go back to work. She just left earlier in the day. Maybe the reason she hasn't called you back is that SHE IS AT WORK. I love cell phones and technology, but it drives me crazy when people bitch about not getting called back right away. If you call me in the middle of the day when you know I'm at work, then you should not expect me to call you back until after 5pm at the earliest. I hate that in this day and age, people expect an immediate response. I'M AT WORK.

How much do you want to bet that Aria is going to write Ezra's book for him and it will be about a selfless humanitarian worker who was kidnapped in South America? Ugh. It will start off with her writing a chapter just to give something to the editor so she will stop nagging Ezra and he can keep his advance. Then she will keep it a big secret from Ezra and end up writing the whole thing. New A will threaten to expose their secret to Liam, Jillian, and then the world.

Aria getting into a cab on the night of Charlotte's murder was hilarious. The writers really can't decide if Rosewood is a tiny little pissant town without a single sushi place or a city large enough to have cabs waiting around at 4am. What are the chances that it wasn't Charlotte who Aria and Ezra saw going into the church? The night Ali went missing was the night of Blondes Wearing Yellow Tank Tops. The night Charlotte was murdered will end up being the night of Blondes wearing Red Coats (but not Redcoat).

I'm guessing that Emily's treatments are for donating her eggs so she can make enough money to finish her degree at Pepperdine. Her explanation to Hanna about how her job is to research cures for Alzheimer's, diabetes, and infectious diseases was hilarious. What kind of lab works on all three of those types of diseases? NONE.

Please tell me that Caleb and Spencer just had one "Before Sunrise" night in Madrid and they're still only platonic friends.

Lorenzo: [sara's] burns severely limit her ability to use her hands. She couldn't have done this.

Alison: You're taking Sara off the suspect list? I don't understand.

Is the show deliberately trying to make Alison seem stupid? Dude, HE JUST EXPLAINED IT.

I loved that when Emily asked if they should delete the security footage of Aria, Hanna's reply was, "We're not in high school anymore." I totally cracked up. We're grown ups now, Em! We don't do that kind of stuff anymore! We drink wine! Except sometimes we decide that we still do stuff like erase security footage.

Poor Ezra, I feel ya, buddy. I've also heard tales of pedophiles who stalk the underage girl they're having sex with in order to write a book and not get punished for it. This world is fucked up.

HA!

• Love 7

I think Spencer is the type of girl who always needs some form of male attention--first it was Melissa's boyfriend (can't remember his name), then it was Toby, then she had that annoying art student guy paying attention to her and then when she visited England she had Melissa's roommate and now it seems like it's Caleb's turn.

I just can't deal with her moony gazes at him and talking about their time in Madrid like it was the most magical time in her life--it's wrong on so many levels especially when she seems hung up on the fact Toby's building a house for someone and all she got was a chair.  And yes, I am a person who wants Hanna to dump the faux-Austrialian male model and get back together with the awesome good guy otherwise known as Caleb Rivers :):)  

• Love 4
I still can't get over Veronica being on Spencer's ass about everything to telling her she knows she didn't murder Charlotte and she's not a liability to her campaign.

There's a twist I could get behind.  Veronica:  "I know you didn't kill Charlotte, Spencer... because I did.  Actually it was all of the parents who were in town that night.  Pam lured her to the church, Bryon bonked her on the back of the head, and Ashley and I chucked her body out of the steeple.  She was a monster who tortured our children for years and deserved to die."  At least the motive would make sense instead of whatever half-baked nonsense they come up with.

I'm guessing that Emily's treatments are for donating her eggs so she can make enough money to finish her degree at Pepperdine. Her explanation to Hanna about how her job is to research cures for Alzheimer's, diabetes, and infectious diseases was hilarious. What kind of lab works on all three of those types of diseases? NONE.

The Salk Institute does research in all of those areas, in different departments.  Emily was being very cagey with her dialog when she said "we do research on...".  "We" in that case meant "The Salk Institute as a whole" not "the group I work for".  Unless maybe she's a janitor and empties the trash in all the different departments.

• Love 6

I loved that when Emily asked if they should delete the security footage of Aria, Hanna's reply was, "We're not in high school anymore." I totally cracked up. We're grown ups now, Em! We don't do that kind of stuff anymore! We drink wine! Except sometimes we decide that we still do stuff like erase security footage.

HA!

No matter how old these girls are, they just can't resist tampering with evidence. It's like their go to move to ensure they look as guilty as possible. Well, that and falsely accusing people of murder, that's another favorite of theirs. 

Edited by SadieT
(edited)

There's a twist I could get behind.  Veronica:  "I know you didn't kill Charlotte, Spencer... because I did.  Actually it was all of the parents who were in town that night.  Pam lured her to the church, Bryon bonked her on the back of the head, and Ashley and I chucked her body out of the steeple.  She was a monster who tortured our children for years and deserved to die."  At least the motive would make sense instead of whatever half-baked nonsense they come up with.

I would LOVE if the Drunk Moms Club got together to murder Charlotte.

The Salk Institute does research in all of those areas, in different departments.  Emily was being very cagey with her dialog when she said "we do research on...".  "We" in that case meant "The Salk Institute as a whole" not "the group I work for".  Unless maybe she's a janitor and empties the trash in all the different departments.

Any large research institute does research in multiple areas, but my issue is that Hanna asked Emily, "What do YOU do at the Salk Institute?" and Emily replied with three very disparate things. I work at a large research institute and I would never list a bunch of stuff that other people work on if someone asked me what I do. I wouldn't even bother to talk about what other people in my department work on, let alone what kind of research is done in other buildings or other departments. Heh, but I like the idea that Emily's knowledge of what the Salk Institute does is based on going through the trash as a late night janitor.

My theory about Emily being an egg donor (not a cancer patient) is because she told her dad that she is in the process of fixing things. Being an egg donor pays a lot of money and it would explain the needles she had in her bag last week.

No matter how old these girls are, they just can't resist tampering with evidence. It's like their go to move to ensure they look as guilty as possible. Well, that and falsely accusing people of murder, that's another favorite of theirs.

Apparently old habits die hard! I guess tampering with evidence is like riding a bike!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

I can believe the Spencer/Vetonica relationship. It has been five years and even before the jump they were both making an effort to get closer. I can see Soencer suceeding after everything she has been through boath impressing her mother and making her proud. Which incedently why I belief Soencer's success is a big lie.

Hannah and the whole “hydrate” thing for a second week in a row was so annoying. Is that what 22 year olds really say these days? She sounded like a yuppy snob. 

Emily’s dad left her a load of money. Did he have a big life insurance policy because it’s not like the military makes you rich?

Caleb sleeping on the couch was actually kinda underwhelming. I think I was hoping for something juicier. Maybe it’s how much Hannah is annoying me that I want her to experience a little burn.

5 years and Aria still comes off like she’s pinning over Ezra. She had the right idea about getting back to work and doing her job, but then her job has to do with Ezra so I guess that’s no surprise.

Edited by Peanut6711

So, this episode was better! I'm still not crazy about the writing on some bits. One of the big problems is that I think there's a lot of telling and not showing. But also, the story isn't that good and the execution in lacking.

I'm essentially watching for Spaleb at this point. I got honest to God butterflies through all their scenes, that's how good their chemistry is. I could watch an entire show of Caleb talking Spencer down from her crazy and of them remembering their adventures in Madrid while making heart-eyes at each other. I think it's pretty smart how the writers are going about it.

Hanna and her expressionless face are boring me to tears for the first time in six years and, I can't believe I'm saying this, but after Spaleb, Ezria is the most interesting thing this show has got going on right now. I love that Aria works in a publisher and that one of the authors is her high school english teacher who is completely messed up, and that's nothing new given once upon a time he thought it was appropriate to stalk and sleep with a her sixteen year old version of her, and he may or may not be the killer. I'm digging pretty much everything (save for the Nicole thing), especially if I pretend I don't know how awful they were to watch before and I just take their characters as they are presented. I doubt they will be able to keep my interest for long tho.

Alison was a whole new level of annoying during the dinner scene. At this point, if I were one of the girls, I'd be so frigging jealous of Aria and her getting the fuck out of Rosewood and Alison as fast as she could (even though that didn't last long).

Are producers of this show aware that it is filmed in HD because the makeup on the PLLs was bad -- especially Alison and Hanna ?

That's what I keep asking myself. Aren't you supposed to do screen tests or whatever its called to see if a character's look translates on camera? Is that not a thing?

Maybe the reason she hasn't called you back is that SHE IS AT WORK. I love cell phones and technology, but it drives me crazy when people bitch about not getting called back right away. If you call me in the middle of the day when you know I'm at work, then you should not expect me to call you back until after 5pm at the earliest. I hate that in this day and age, people expect an immediate response. I'M AT WORK.

THIS SO MUCH! One of my oldest friends is so guilty of this even though i'm always very clear with her about my schedule and Alison really reminded me of her during this episode, expecting her friends to exist for her. If I were one of the girls, no way in hell would I have taken time off from work for her unless it was to actually prevent Charlotte from leaving, like Aria did. Man, that Aria has grown up all sort of cool hasn't she?

Alison inviting Caleb to dinner was such a contrived way to get Hanna's new guy and old guy in the same room. Alison and Caleb were never friends and never liked each other,

The way she said it made me think she was assuming he'd be Spencer's date or at least that they're a package deal these days but would this Ali be that subtle about it? Who the hell knows.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 5

If you had told me a couple of years ago that Hanna would be the unlikable one (since when does Hanna advocate doing what Ali says? She hated the Ali dinner in 5a!) and Aria the cool one.... I wouldn't have believed it. Yeah, she was thinking about Ezra there but that doesn't change she didn't give two fiddle sticks for what Ali said. Hooray! Why oh why does Ali have ANY power over anyone? I never got that.

Edited by fitzcarraldo
  • Love 4
Why oh why does Ali have ANY power over anyone? I never got that.

IMO, Ali's power over them at this point comes from indulcing pity and guilt and nothing more and she's very aware of that so she plays up the patheticness (sp?) to manipulate them. I see no affection from their side. Only annoyance, except maybe from Emily. Now with the Charlotte thing they might feel the need to stay on her good side but if it were me I'd try to do it while staying far, far away. Which considering how needy and self-absorved Alison has become might be a lot easier said than done. She's determined Aria is involved with killing her sister because she told the frigging truth at court and actually has a fucking life.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 2

I like Jordan. More than hipster Liam. Caleb and Spencer have chemistry but Hanna and Caleb still have more.

Old habits die hard. Why do they dress Ali like she's fat? Sasha isn't fat, even if she is curvy, and looks gorgeous and grown up on her Instagram and looks heavily made up and dowdy. Its so annoying.

• Love 4