Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Charlotte's Web

There's a twist I could get behind.  Veronica:  "I know you didn't kill Charlotte, Spencer... because I did.  Actually it was all of the parents who were in town that night.  Pam lured her to the church, Bryon bonked her on the back of the head, and Ashley and I chucked her body out of the steeple.  She was a monster who tortured our children for years and deserved to die."  At least the motive would make sense instead of whatever half-baked nonsense they come up with.

That would be amazing! Too amazing for this show, but I can still hope. 

Or it turns out that EVERYONE did it. The girls, the parents, the boyfriends, Ali, the cops, the people who work at the coffee house, everyone. 

• Love 1

I like Jordan. More than hipster Liam. Caleb and Spencer have chemistry but Hanna and Caleb still have more.

Old habits die hard. Why do they dress Ali like she's fat? Sasha isn't fat, even if she is curvy, and looks gorgeous and grown up on her Instagram and looks heavily made up and dowdy. Its so annoying.

It's probably the network policy to bully them into losing weight. I've read before that TV show wardrobe departments don't stock but the tiny sizes. I don't know if that is true, but they aren't trying to help her or Harding look good....

I think I've figured out why I am so bothered by a Spencer/Caleb romance--despite it's many flaws, the show has never had the four main girls fighting over a man and I loved that.  I loved that in S5 when Spencer and Caleb hung out together, it was never implied that they had a secret attraction, Hanna and Toby weren't jealous because it was obvious that they were just good friends.

But now Spencer's making cow eyes at Caleb and talking about their magical night in Madrid and I feel majorly let down by the show and by Spencer and I hate that.

• Love 10
(edited)

It's probably the network policy to bully them into losing weight. I've read before that TV show wardrobe departments don't stock but the tiny sizes. I don't know if that is true, but they aren't trying to help her or Harding look good....

Sasha has been open about the fact that her weight gain was due to a medical condition so I doubt the network is trying to passive aggressively bully her about it by putting her in unflattering clothes. I think her unfortunate wardrobe is due to the fact that they simply don't know how to dress someone who isn't a size 0 or someone who has hips/curves so they're just covering her up in the hopes that these baggy cardigans and mom blazers will magically camouflage her body.

As for tv wardrobe departments not stocking certain sizes, the wardrobe people for PLL shop specifically for each girl. It's not like there's a generic closet that they pull clothes out of for each episode. They know the girls' measurements/sizes and the style they want for each character and they shop accordingly, so they have the ability to buy whatever sizes they want. They are obviously buying bigger sizes for Sasha (as opposed to squeezing her into clothes that are too small for her since most of what she's worn since 6A was very loose on her).

Emily’s dad left her a load of money. Did he have a big life insurance policy because it’s not like the military makes you rich?

They didn't specify how much it was but I'm guessing he left her the bulk of his benefits but that it wasn't, say, a million dollars. Emily's mom specifically said that she could use the money her dad left her and take out a loan for the rest.

ETA : according to this website, they would receive $100K. It would go to Emily's mom but it's possible that he told her that if he died, he wanted Emily to have the money.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I'm going with Emily having an STD. After her dad died and she flunked out of school, she moved to LA and began turning tricks to make ends meet. She wound up with some horrible, yet to be named STD and is now part of a drug trial to cure it.

Not really, but the way the writers always kick the crap out of Emily, it's not beyond the realm of possibilities. 

• Love 2

That would be amazing! Too amazing for this show, but I can still hope. 

Or it turns out that EVERYONE did it. The girls, the parents, the boyfriends, Ali, the cops, the people who work at the coffee house, everyone. 

I am so in for this. It was an amazing Orient Express type plot where they orchestrated Charlotte's release just so they could bunk her out of the nearest high building at the first opportunity. The only ones who aren't in on it are Aria and Ezra, because the rest of the town is mad at them for almost screwing up the release. 

• Love 3
I'm only one board for a Caleb/Spencer thing if Caleb and Hannah have truly moved on.  I refuse to tolerate a triangle between these girls and any man, even arguably the best guy to have ever been on this show... especially him.

This. I agree with others that I've always appreciated that whatever flaws the show had, they avoided the teen love triangle cliche, which is even more surprising considering what network it's on. So I definitely don't want to see a love triangle between Hannah, Caleb and Spencer. But I am more than happy to accept Spencer and Caleb if Hannah is completely over Caleb.

For one thing, I love and have always loved Caleb and don't blame anyone for wanting him. He's always been the best guy on that show in my opinion. Granted that wasn't such a high standard to reach when the choices were block of wood TobAy and statutory rapist Ezra but still. And anything that gets Spencer away from said block of wood is just fine in my book.

Plus, as much as I like Hannah, to be honest I felt like she treated Caleb kind of shitty in those last seasons and almost seemed over him in general. She was always annoyed and snapping at him about something. So maybe bland fiance is the right guy for her after all. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8

I know that the Rosewood cops are really dumb, but even for them the fact that several days after the murder they apparently haven't checked the surveillance records of the hotel where the main suspects were staying is quite a stretch. Especially given that the hotel is run by the mother of one of the suspects who is in a great position to tamper with them if given enough time. Or maybe they did check on them before Hannah deleted them which makes the Liars's decision to erase them look even dumber.

Edited by David Selig
  • Love 2

I am so in for this. It was an amazing Orient Express type plot where they orchestrated Charlotte's release just so they could bunk her out of the nearest high building at the first opportunity. The only ones who aren't in on it are Aria and Ezra, because the rest of the town is mad at them for almost screwing up the release. 

This would be kind of awesome :)

• Love 1

They aren't even trying to make any sense with the mystery anymore, are they? Spencer wrote a murder method in an essay that Ezra could have copied? Because it was such an extraordinary way of killing someone that it's so difficult to come up with it? Ha! The girls are tampering with evidence once again, never mind that this "evidence" shows nothing actually incriminating while its absence would be a huge red flag? Spencer is still jumping to conclusion and Aria's "I know when Ezra's lying" is just stupid on so many levels considering Ezra's arc in 4B.

The police can establish an exact hour of death now? Okay...

Alison can go jump off the nearest bridge for all I care but then again that's always been my stance on her. Doesn't she have any other friends? Calling Charlotte's victims to support her after her death is a tad insensitive.

Aria's claim that the publishers cared more about Ezra's book's quality than the money it made them was just so Aria that I laughed out loud.

I wouldn't be surprised if Emily isn't actually sick but is running some hare-brained scheme as a way of winning back the inherited money that she lost. Somebody mentioned her selling her eggs, that sounds plausible to me.

I'm still in denial about the whole Cancer (Caleb/Spencer) thing. Don't go there, show!

The new costume designer is underwhelming so far, Hanna's outfits were particularly hideous and not in a snarkable way.

So broken neck - is somebody supposed to have snapped Charlotte's neck with their hands because they didn't mention any weapon wounds? I am pretty sure you need extraordinary strength to do that... so somebody tiny like Mona or Aria will inevitably turn out to have done it.

None of these articles on Ezra's computer mentioned the country where Nicole was killed, right? Just this nebulous "South America". So silly...

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 4

Marlene King: Darnit! They figured out my endgame AGAIN! Welp, gotta change it.

• Love 5

There's a twist I could get behind.  Veronica:  "I know you didn't kill Charlotte, Spencer... because I did.  Actually it was all of the parents who were in town that night.  Pam lured her to the church, Bryon bonked her on the back of the head, and Ashley and I chucked her body out of the steeple.  She was a monster who tortured our children for years and deserved to die."  At least the motive would make sense instead of whatever half-baked nonsense they come up with.

I would so be on board for this! I would believe a parent wanting to kill someone who tortured their child for years. I'm sure they all suffered too while Charlotte had the girls in the dollhouse. One of the scenes from a past season that's always stuck out to me is when Ashley said she always memorized what Hanna was wearing in case she ever went missing. That was pretty heartbreaking.

HATE the direction they're going with Spencer and Caleb. I loved them as platonic friends in previous seasons and the show seems determined to screw that up now. Hannah fiance looks old- is he supposed to be a lot older than she is?

• Love 1

I'm going with Emily having an STD. After her dad died and she flunked out of school, she moved to LA and began turning tricks to make ends meet. She wound up with some horrible, yet to be named STD and is now part of a drug trial to cure it.

Not really, but the way the writers always kick the crap out of Emily, it's not beyond the realm of possibilities. 

Nah, it has to be some stupid lesbian thing (because heaven forbid we forget Emily is a lesbian), maybe she's allergic to plaid or something.

• Love 1

Annoyed by so many things in this eppy.  I know the girls are friends, but dammit, if Aria sneaked out and killed Cece, it's her problem, not everyone else's.  Stupid to go erasing video etc.  I am not buying the Spencer/Caleb love at all; no chemistry there to me, other than as friends.  Aria, it's been FIVE freaking years -- stay away from Ezra personally and professionally.  Also, the "previously on" reminded me of how ridiculous it was that the dr told Allie that the court could compel her friends to come -- umm, no.  They all live out of state, the court cannot compel a victim to come from miles away to provide a victim impact statement or other testimony; and even if they could, the court would done so much further in advance than four days before the hearing. 

And finally, more than a nitpick, the overall problem with this season, in my opinion, is that I don't care who killed Cece.  This show was so entertaining when it started, but I think I may have to give it up.  I end up more annoyed that entertained. 

Well at least some things don't change even after five years. The Liars are still horrible liars. I know ten year olds who can and do lie better. Unless Aria was doing something illegal, immoral or fattening the on night of a thousand insomniacs; tell your friends what you were freakin doing. Hanging out with Ezra is no longer a crime. Swikey yes; illegal no.

Also it's good to know that the girls haven't learned that destroying/hiding evidence leads to very bad things.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

I'm hoping that Caleb and Spencer just have a "Get it out of their system and become BFF's afterwords" thing. The two actors have great chemistry, but Caleb is Hanna's, kaythx. 

Speaking of, I actually don't think it's that unlikely that Alison would invite him to dinner as well. First of all, she knows he's staying with Spencer..and I also don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they have a better relationship than they did in the beginning. Don't forget, those two, Officer Toby, and Ezra created a plan to help the girls escape. And given that the other two were Toby and Ezra, we know who the brains of that operation was. So they've at least worked closely together and probably have a better relationship because of it. Plus, it's Ali. I can imagine the kick she'd get out of Hanna's ex meeting Hanna's fiance and Hanna's ex possibly being Spencer's new dude. That's drama just waiting to happen, and she didn't have to do anything but put them in a room. 

• Love 4

Or is she selling her eggs to make money? Stimulating ovulation involves pills and injections....

This is a super solid guess and I HOPE they go that way - that would be a great zig when you think they're going to zag. Alas, there's not been many moves of that sophistication by the writers in a long while, so probs not. (It would also be an interesting twist on the book plot where Emily gets pregnant and has a secret baby!)

• Love 1

I'm glad other people noticed the ridiculous makeup last night because I was seriously wondering if I was just being too nitpicky by the end of the episode. Sasha had some weird bags going on around her eyes that have never been there before and the pink lipstick they had on her in the police station made her look dehydrated. Ashley had a good half inch of her forehead around her hairline that didn't appear to have any foundation on it (it actually looked kind of red, like she had a sunburn) and the foundation she had on was pretty flat and off color. And all of their eyebrows, except Troian's since I couldn't see them under the bangs, were filled in darker and fuller than usual. Shay's arches were damn near the end of her brow and poor Sasha had two completely different brows. Did they get a new makeup artist when they got a new stylist?

Plot-wise, I'm still on the fence about Spencer and Caleb. The actors have amazing chemistry, but like others have said, I really liked that the show never went there with the love triangle nonsense. I'd love it if they just gave in to their mutual attraction one night and kissed or slept together, it sucks and they end up just being like "Welp, we got that out of our systems and it was everything I never wanted. Let's pretend this didn't happen and never speak of this again, 'k?" and that was the end of the storyline. 

Other random thoughts - Hanna snarkily messing up common terms (Swedish syndrome vs. Stockholm syndrome) was excusable when she was supposed to be a slightly ditzy teenager, but it's not cute for a grown woman who's supposed  to be part of this fashion jetset lifestyle.Also, her fiance seems hinky. I'm not even lying, I choked on my lasagna when Veronica called the Rosewood Observer classy. Girl, what happened to you in that basement? All the goodwill Aria garnered by telling the truth last episode is almost gone after seeing her fall right back into this secret rendezvous nonsense with Ezra. She gained a little bit back by telling the others when confronted, though.

Edited by luvly
  • Love 3

I found the episode super boring. Emily's dead dad and maybe cancer are depressing. I don't care about Ezra's missing girlfriend or the book he will guilt Aria into writing for him. Why would he care about returning the advance? Where's his Fitzgerald money? Ali seemed to enjoy torturing all the girls at her dinner party. I wonder if we will be getting original Ali back.

• Love 1

Sasha looked bad, but I kind of chalked that up to Alison being in mourning and barely holding it together (she would have bags under her eyes from all of the not sleeping and crying). If she continues to look bad, though, then I'm going to wonder about their makeup artist!

• Love 2

Sasha looked bad, but I kind of chalked that up to Alison being in mourning and barely holding it together (she would have bags under her eyes from all of the not sleeping and crying). If she continues to look bad, though, then I'm going to wonder about their makeup artist!

Yeah I think this was supposed to be Alison's "grieving look". Her sister was murdered so she can't be bothered evening out her foundation or covering up her red eyes I guess, but what's Hanna's excuse? I get what they're going for but they're doing a shitty job so I do sort of blame the makeup artist.

• Love 2

I wish Veronica Mars would suddenly move to Rosewood to investigate. Oh that would be the best crossover ever.

Personally I'd like to see McGee from NCIS to show up, but that's mostly because I'd get a kick out of seeing Troian and Sean Murray acting together again.

• Love 1

I'm...kind of really enjoying drunk bitter Ezra who keeps articles on his disturbingly dead girlfriend on a USB he casually lends out to people? I don't know, I thought him and Aria semi-drunk and semi-ranting down the streets of Rosewood was kind of hilarious.

(I mean this seriously: did I miss some subtext about that scene? Ezra told Aria it was the beginnings of his new book and that they wouldn't like it and Aria took it to read but it was all articles on Nicole?)

Spencer and Caleb - I just don't care. I have never enjoyed Haleb because I don't like Ashley Benson's acting and I find Caleb irritatingly paternalistic, but they were better than max-chillaxed Caleb and moony-eyed Spencer. Boo.

Scene at the grave was hands-down some of Shay's best acting. Wish it would've have gone on a bit longer.

• Love 3

(I mean this seriously: did I miss some subtext about that scene? Ezra told Aria it was the beginnings of his new book and that they wouldn't like it and Aria took it to read but it was all articles on Nicole?)

Yeah I was wondering the same thing.

Especially since Ezra hands over some actual pages of his book in the preview for next episode so there were none on the flash drive.

Apparently he just felt the need to trick Aria, a traumatized former kidnap victim, into reading a bunch of terrifying articles on a woman being kidnapped and violently murdered. I guess Ezra doesn't think Aria has enough horrible images in her head of her own torture, he felt compelled to spring some more on her without warning. 

• Love 7

I think Spencer is the type of girl who always needs some form of male attention--first it was Melissa's boyfriend (can't remember his name), then it was Toby, then she had that annoying art student guy paying attention to her and then when she visited England she had Melissa's roommate and now it seems like it's Caleb's turn.

IAN. His name was Ian! He sipped milk and made sandwiches like a true creeper.

• Love 3

Ha, Ian's creepy milk drinking had Ezra sending Aria for canned chickpeas beat by a mile.

Apparently he just felt the need to trick Aria, a traumatized former kidnap victim, into reading a bunch of terrifying articles on a woman being kidnapped and violently murdered. I guess Ezra doesn't think Aria has enough horrible images in her head of her own torture, he felt compelled to spring some more on her without warning.

That was seriously fucked up. "Fine, Aria, quit nagging me. Here's the flash drive with the beginning of the book that I was supposed to write. Go ahead, take it. Read it all...Oh, so you're done looking at pictures of girls who were kidnapped and tortured and then murdered? Ring any bells? Hope that didn't trigger your PTSD from all those years that you were stalked and blackmailed by a mysterious person before she actually kidnapped you and tortured you for months. Okay, well here is the first chapter I wrote. No, really. For reals. There may be some pictures of dead babies and mutilated puppies but you can just skip over those, right? Because you want to read my crappy first chapter that much for your job."

• Love 5

IAN. His name was Ian! He sipped milk and made sandwiches like a true creeper.

There were two boyfriends of Melissa's Spencer made out with - Ian and Wren. I guess with Wren you could say that technically he was Melissa's fiance but the point's the same.

Why do they dress Ali like she's fat

I've been thinking the same thing! The school-marmish outfits and the bad makeup they've been using for her make me wonder if Sasha did something to piss of the producers. They are really making her look awful this season.

• Love 2

Or maybe he just got confused and gave her the wrong flash drive. He gets confused easily, poor guy - remember that time when he thought Alison was 18?

• Love 5

1. What the hell was Hanna's granny nightie about, is this some new form of high fashion manifested through muumuus, granny panties and the scent of mothballs? Girl stop. The new wardrobe person sucks, they haven't done anything GOOD yet, and the stuff that sucks doesn't suck creatively like it used to. RIP feather earrings and cat-print dresses.

2. During the intensely uncomfortable Spencer-Caleb scene, was he seriously trying to punch a hole through that giant sofa pillow? Um. 

3. It's like they're doing ALL THE THINGS from the first season, but except instead of the original awesome-at-scenery-chewing actors and actresses, it's like Lorenzo and Shower. No.

4. Someone please keep a list of everyone who was there on the original Night, and see how closely they end up matching it to this Night, as I'm pretty sure it will be as exact as they can make it with actor limitations and characters who have since been murdered. And no, Show, Shower does NOT count as a Jenna stand-in. 

Edited by Lii
  • Love 1
1. What the hell was Hanna's granny nightie about, is this some new form of high fashion manifested through muumuus, granny panties and the scent of mothballs? Girl stop. The new wardrobe person sucks, they haven't done anything GOOD yet, and the stuff that sucks doesn't suck creatively like it used to. RIP feather earrings and cat-print dresses.

Hanna is an ADULT of all of 23 years or didn't you hear? That means granny nighties, speaking snobbish nonsense (in what planet somewhere like Rosewood doesn't have sushi??), botox and talking about all the ways she is an ADULT. One of my friends got like that as well when she got engaged. Maybe it's a thing. It doesn't last -- maybe the realization that marriage sucks is the cure?

The new wardrobe person (NWP?) is the ultimate villain of this show as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 4

New Wardrobe Person (NWP works for me) killed Charlotte. And Ali. and Hanna. And the one redeeming thing about Aria.

Not to be That Person From California, but not gonna lie, I wouldn't eat fish sushi from Not The Coast. However, I stopped eating meat 25 years ago, so the only sushi I've enjoyed (and enjoy on the reg) is the delicious, conveniently safe vegetarian sort, and therefore feel free to enjoy it in any metropolitan area that has a sushi restaurant that sells it. However, seeing as that this is not the sort of show that thinks things through, and has less continuity than wrestling to boot, 100% for sure they just threw the line in to be douchey without thinking.

Also, while we're on the subject of douchey, Hanna's grandpa/fiance. These are the times I most wish we could convey exaggerated fake snobby accents for the lulz online, because honey, we're getting wed in the Hamptons! I call so, so so soooo much BS on Hanna having ACTUALLY told jack shit to this guy about the "real truth you can't Google" whatever that is. He's got to be either (a) a secret DiLaurentis, (b) Shower-team, or © using her for her notoriety somehow. Isn't he her boss or something? Seems like her notoriety is the kind of thing one could leverage, somehow, depending on one's profession. In the books, the girls were used like that afterwards. And Hanna fell for some stupid shit, too.

Since when was Spencer's mom the most naive idiot ever in the history of ever regarding how politics work? "Don't worry honey, they won't use this easily exploitable and readily available damning material to slander me and wreck my campaign as one does BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE SOOOOO MEAN ZOMG WHO WOULD DO SUCH A MEAN THING IN POLITICS girl stop.

• Love 3

New Wardrobe Person (NWP works for me) killed Charlotte. And Ali. and Hanna. And the one redeeming thing about Aria.

Not to be That Person From California, but not gonna lie, I wouldn't eat fish sushi from Not The Coast. However, I stopped eating meat 25 years ago, so the only sushi I've enjoyed (and enjoy on the reg) is the delicious, conveniently safe vegetarian sort, and therefore feel free to enjoy it in any metropolitan area that has a sushi restaurant that sells it. However, seeing as that this is not the sort of show that thinks things through, and has less continuity than wrestling to boot, 100% for sure they just threw the line in to be douchey without thinking.

Also, while we're on the subject of douchey, Hanna's grandpa/fiance. These are the times I most wish we could convey exaggerated fake snobby accents for the lulz online, because honey, we're getting wed in the Hamptons! I call so, so so soooo much BS on Hanna having ACTUALLY told jack shit to this guy about the "real truth you can't Google" whatever that is. He's got to be either (a) a secret DiLaurentis, (b) Shower-team, or © using her for her notoriety somehow. Isn't he her boss or something? Seems like her notoriety is the kind of thing one could leverage, somehow, depending on one's profession. In the books, the girls were used like that afterwards. And Hanna fell for some stupid shit, too.

Since when was Spencer's mom the most naive idiot ever in the history of ever regarding how politics work? "Don't worry honey, they won't use this easily exploitable and readily available damning material to slander me and wreck my campaign as one does BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE SOOOOO MEAN ZOMG WHO WOULD DO SUCH A MEAN THING IN POLITICS girl stop.

But Caleb can hack twitter! That's all you need.

You can buy sushi in supermarkets. Everywhere has sushi. Didn't Hanna say the only sushi she did was California rolls in season 5? So they must have had sushi in Rosewood then.

• Love 3

Oh, right, I forgot the 5000 fake Twitter accounts Caleb created overnight to "spin this in a positive direction" or whatever. Or he hacked Twitter's Website Page. Or both. Or he hacked his own Website Page. Or he invented Twitter. Or the internet. Or electricity. Ooh, he hacked electricity. He hacked electricity's Website Page? Yesssssssss.

Also, even out here, california rolls from the 7-11 are dubious at best. I wouldn't recommend eating them to anyone, let alone a swanky bitch like Hanna. Lasagna money can at least afford one of those big sandwiches from the cold box, yo.

It's funny, in the books Hanna and Spencer were both LOADED. Hanna especially was a total brand-name-bitch. I know in Season One they were broke for a minute, but since then the Marin household's financial situation has been so random, like sometimes they have money for Hanna to arbitrarily replace her whole wardrobe on a PTSD whim, and sometimes they have a lasagna box or her mom is working for Mrs. DiLaurentis because why not. I kind of wonder if Hanna stops banging her boss, will she have to move back home? Will Spencer be forced out of her whatever-kind-of-political job because of this? Will Aria get fired for sleeping with her coworker, or sleeping with a client of the publishing house because we all know full well she will sleep with Ezra before a week has passed in show time? Is this how the show is going to force them all to come back to Rosewood for permanent?

• Love 3

Emily is already headed to a Rosewood move. I love Hanna was all what about your job suspicious to her but was pissy Aria was leaving. Aria will get canned for losing the great American author Ezra. He makes lots of money when like no one but a handful of ya make that much money. He should just send in his pll book! "Aria was so stupid and Alison was sexy and dangerous like a child". Gross.

Where did Ashley get her Radley money? Ted? Where is he?

Edited by fitzcarraldo

Ashley and the other PLM probably sued the shit out of Daddy DiLaurentis for having a basement without an inside door handle once they finally got out of there, and all invested it in wine together.

Ezra is the best author who ever authored an authorship. Don't mock his great and brilliant authoring. It's authortastic. You just don't understand his ART.

Let's be real, the main pairings will all be back together by like episode 5.

• Love 3

Or maybe he just got confused and gave her the wrong flash drive. He gets confused easily, poor guy - remember that time when he thought Alison was 18?

That's true, he does confuse easily. But he also does horrible shit to young women deliberately. Like that time he tracked Aria down like prey and then seduced her knowing she was 16 years old, and then got a job as her teacher so he could stalk her and her other 16 year old friends while tricking her into falling for him romantically and taking her virginity under the guise of loving her while he was actually just doing research for his true crime novel. So maybe he gave her the wrong flash drive, or maybe he's just an awful person.

You can buy sushi in supermarkets. Everywhere has sushi. Didn't Hanna say the only sushi she did was California rolls in season 5? So they must have had sushi in Rosewood then.

You can buy sushi in gas stations.

I'm really not liking Hanna's snobby attitude or her acting like she's above her hometown now. Also all the New York eatery name dropping was annoying. It's like they were trying to prove just how New York Hanna is now but she and her new guy sounded like such transplants. 

I kind of wonder if Hanna stops banging her boss, will she have to move back home? Will Spencer be forced out of her whatever-kind-of-political job because of this? Will Aria get fired for sleeping with her coworker, or sleeping with a client of the publishing house because we all know full well she will sleep with Ezra before a week has passed in show time? Is this how the show is going to force them all to come back to Rosewood for permanent?

They've been setting up reasons why all the girls will stick around that extend beyond Charlotte's hearing and death. Before Charlotte was killed, didn't Spencer say she was intending to stay in Rosewood for a while to help her mom with the campaign? And we now know Emily's going to stay to complete her treatments which will apparently take a month or two. Aria will probably to ordered by her boss to remain in Rosewood to stay on Ezra's case and push him to finish his book. Not sure what Hanna's excuse will be but I'm sure they'll come up with something equally contrived. 

On another note, I wonder if Alison bought her house from her father or did he just flee and leave her to live there? And where's Jason living? Did Alison ever get any sort of financial settlement from the Rosewood PD for being falsely imprisoned? Jason mentioned that her dad was gearing up to sue everyone involved but then everything with Charlotte came to light so maybe he never went through with it. But realistically Alison would have gotten a pretty hefty settlement from something like that. Marlene also told someone on twitter that Ali and Jason would inherit all of Charlotte's money but are convicted criminals allowed to keep money they earned while committing crimes?  

Supposedly Charlotte didn't earn the money from crimes, she earned it from being a secret genius investor. She just happened to also be a secret genius stalker and kidnapper and torturer and murderer also. So there's that.

Being convicted of a crime you're actually innocent of isn't false imprisonment, it's crap luck, you can't sue for that. Also, I'm not sure what Daddy DiLaurentis would be able to sue for at all, ever, other than his manpain. 

• Love 1

Where did Ashley get her Radley money? Ted? Where is he?

She doesn't own the new Radley place. She just works there. I'm more curious about where Ezra got the money to buy The Brew a few seaons ago. You know, and all the high tech surveillance equipment he had set up all over town to spy on his underage girlfriend and her friends. Being a high school teacher must be really lucrative in Rosewood. I know his parents are loaded but he wanted to be poor artist Ezra so I assumed that meant no money from them. What ever came of that pile of money Aria found in his dresser drawer?

Being convicted of a crime you're actually innocent of isn't false imprisonment, it's crap luck, you can't sue for that. Also, I'm not sure what Daddy DiLaurentis would be able to sue for at all, ever, other than his manpain. 

You're right, false imprisonment isn't the correct term. Wrongful conviction might be more accurate and you can sue for that and receive some sort of settlement if it's determined that the state or the police acted improperly or screwed something up. And half of US states even have compensation laws on the books to compensate those who are wrongly convicted, although I don't think Pennsylvania does. Not that I think the show put much thought into it beyond that throw away line from Jason about his dad being angry. And I assumed Jason meant his dad was suing on Alison's behalf. 

She doesn't own the new Radley place. She just works there. I'm more curious about where Ezra got the money to buy The Brew a few seaons ago. You know, and all the high tech surveillance equipment he had set up all over town to spy on his underage girlfriend and her friends. Being a high school teacher must be really lucrative in Rosewood. I know his parents are loaded but he wanted to be poor artist Ezra so I assumed that meant no money from them. What ever came of that pile of money Aria found in his dresser drawer?

Chickpeas. So. Many. Cans. Of. Chickpeas.

Between Ezra's secret stalker money, his hipster loft rental, his secret stalker cabin, and buying AND renovating the Brew, he either was getting money from his parents or had the absolute best teaching job in the history of teaching. Or is a secret DiLaurentis.

You're right, false imprisonment isn't the correct term. Wrongful conviction might be more accurate and you can sue for that and receive some sort of settlement if it's determined that the state or the police acted improperly or screwed something up. And half of US states even have compensation laws on the books to compensate those who are wrongly convicted, although I don't think Pennsylvania does. Not that I think the show put much thought into it beyond that throw away line from Jason about his dad being angry. And I assumed Jason meant his dad was suing on Alison's behalf. 

The police didn't act any more improperly than usual, from what I can remember, so, yeah. Actually, the police acted with an unusual lack of impropriety towards the end of last season, which totally threw me off. I mean, there was the typical total incompetence, inappropriate sexing of minors, evidence tampering, gummi bear eating, and whatnot, but they actually acted like real police on some occasions as well, which was weird and totally out of character for Rosewood PD.

• Love 2

The police didn't act any more improperly than usual, from what I can remember, so, yeah. Actually, the police acted with an unusual lack of impropriety towards the end of last season, which totally threw me off. I mean, there was the typical total incompetence, inappropriate sexing of minors, evidence tampering, gummi bear eating, and whatnot, but they actually acted like real police on some occasions as well, which was weird and totally out of character for Rosewood PD.

Didn't Officer Toby willfully ignore evidence and not turn over the bloody knife found in the woods because he, Spencer and Caleb thought it might make them or someone other than Alison look guilty? Now considering the knife wasn't actually used to kill Mona because Mona of course wasn't dead, I don't know why the knife was there. I mean, I'm assuming Charlotte left it but was she trying to frame Ali or the girls or their boyfriends? Who knows. But Hanna tells Alison about the knife when she visits her in jail so Ali knows of it's existence and her lawyers could easily argue that Toby as an officer of the law ignored evidence that could have proven Alison's innocence and then let his girlfriend destroy it. So that's pretty improper. And I'm sure there were more instances because it's Rosewood and it honestly wouldn't be hard to prove the Rosewood PD screwed up, that's just what they do.  

Didn't Officer Toby willfully ignore evidence and not turn over the bloody knife found in the woods because he, Spencer and Caleb thought it might make them or someone other than Alison look guilty? Now considering the knife wasn't actually used to kill Mona because Mona of course wasn't dead, I don't know why the knife was there. I mean, I'm assuming Charlotte left it but was she trying to frame Ali or the girls or their boyfriends? Who knows. But Hanna tells Alison about the knife when she visits her in jail so Ali knows of it's existence and her lawyers could easily argue that Toby as an officer of the law ignored evidence that could have proven Alison's innocence and then let his girlfriend destroy it. So that's pretty improper. And I'm sure there were more instances because it's Rosewood and it honestly wouldn't be hard to prove the Rosewood PD screwed up, that's just what they do.  

Wait, the bloody woods knife was from the Mona-killing? Crap, I thought that was from the Wilden-killing. That's right, that was a random lighter that got picked up from the woods that other time, from the fire. Ugh, nothing on this show ever leads to any other thing. For sure there was evidence tampering and all sorts of other police failure and impropriety, I'm just saying that as far as Rosewood PD goes, there was less than usual, which was odd.

• Love 1