Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Charlotte's Web

Ha, I'm going to go with Ezra being secret chickpea magnate to fund all of his activities.

It's a solid investment. Chickpeas to fund coffee shops, wine to fund Radley bars. Sasuga Rosewood.

• Love 3

You're all so good! Reading this forum had me laughing like a hyena more times that I'd care to admit. I also love, love, love this theory:

There's a twist I could get behind.  Veronica:  "I know you didn't kill Charlotte, Spencer... because I did.  Actually it was all of the parents who were in town that night.  Pam lured her to the church, Bryon bonked her on the back of the head, and Ashley and I chucked her body out of the steeple.  She was a monster who tortured our children for years and deserved to die."  At least the motive would make sense instead of whatever half-baked nonsense they come up with.

This is pure gold and would make so much sense in a "normal" universe! Plus I'd like to see the parents involved somehow as suspects for a change. Hopefully the writers will be in touch soon and will offer big money for this fantastic idea and more :-)  

• Love 4

Allison probably bought their house (assuming Kenneth doesn't still own it) with life insurance money from Jessica.

Completely random:  the broswatchplltoo guys refer to Sara Harvey's man servant as her "comfort bro".  I blurt laughed at that.

• Love 2

I thought Jason had bought that house from Maya's parents. Then in season 4 Jessica returned to it and nobody bothered to mention that Jason was supposed to be the owner. Or am I remembering it wrong?

So if Charlotte left her fortune to Alison and Jason you would think they be prime suspects for her murder but Rosewood cops choosing suspects has never obeyed common sense.

Speaking of police incompetence, just how stupid is Lorenzo? Giving Alison updates on the murder investigation including things like the exact time of death? It's called confidential information, moron, and you shouldn't be sharing it, especially with someone who stands to inherit millions from the deceased and has a history of screwing you over for her own purposes.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2

You're all so good! Reading this forum had me laughing like a hyena more times that I'd care to admit. I also love, love, love this theory:

This is pure gold and would make so much sense in a "normal" universe! Plus I'd like to see the parents involved somehow as suspects for a change. Hopefully the writers will be in touch soon and will offer big money for this fantastic idea and more :-)

Hell I wanna see a flashback!

You guys. I have a confession. It took me about a week to get myself to watch last week's episode, and I fell asleep with a bowl of chili in my hands. I never fall asleep when I have food in my hands, let alone a bowl of chili. Anyway I woke up again just in time for Shower's grand entrance and laughed my ass off.

I still didn't watch this episode but it's been so much fun to read through the thread.

I'm currently rewatching the beautiful Friday Night Lights and it just feels like with the little time I have to watch TV these days, PLL isn't really a priority anymore.

Hanna is an ADULT of all of 23 years or didn't you hear? That means granny nighties, speaking snobbish nonsense (in what planet somewhere like Rosewood doesn't have sushi??), botox and talking about all the ways she is an ADULT. One of my friends got like that as well when she got engaged. Maybe it's a thing. It doesn't last -- maybe the realization that marriage sucks is the cure?

The new wardrobe person (NWP?) is the ultimate villain of this show as far as I'm concerned.

Didn't Hanna follow Leslie to a sushi bar just last season? I don't seem to recall it was Out Of Town...

• Love 1

Hell I wanna see a flashback!

You guys. I have a confession. It took me about a week to get myself to watch last week's episode, and I fell asleep with a bowl of chili in my hands. I never fall asleep when I have food in my hands, let alone a bowl of chili. Anyway I woke up again just in time for Shower's grand entrance and laughed my ass off.

I still didn't watch this episode but it's been so much fun to read through the thread.

I'm currently rewatching the beautiful Friday Night Lights and it just feels like with the little time I have to watch TV these days, PLL isn't really a priority anymore.

Girl, just wait until we get our Terminator crossover spinoff. THAT will be appointment viewing. Also, your chili story reminds me of the time my friend roofied himself on New Year's when we were like 20 and fell asleep sitting up mid-sentence with a bagel in his hand. It also reminds me of like every night when I pass out on the sofa sitting up with some sort of beverage or other thing that ought not to be dropped in my hand. 

It's so weird that Lorenzo went from "guy who is balls deep in the mystery side of things" to "new Wilden" in like two episodes. I seriously don't even. It would make more sense to just have some new asshole cop to harass them. Also, Lorenzo's getting murdered soon, right, please? Because ugh.

• Love 2

Girl, just wait until we get our Terminator crossover spinoff. THAT will be appointment viewing. Also, your chili story reminds me of the time my friend roofied himself on New Year's when we were like 20 and fell asleep sitting up mid-sentence with a bagel in his hand. It also reminds me of like every night when I pass out on the sofa sitting up with some sort of beverage or other thing that ought not to be dropped in my hand.

It's so weird that Lorenzo went from "guy who is balls deep in the mystery side of things" to "new Wilden" in like two episodes. I seriously don't even. It would make more sense to just have some new asshole cop to harass them. Also, Lorenzo's getting murdered soon, right, please? Because ugh.

Haha that will be such a hoot! Skynet is the future!

I can't even with Lorenzo. Wilden was scary, Lorenzo just stands there and says stuff. At the end of the funeral when he told the liars they can't go anywhere, I just wanted them to give him the side eye and just walk away. Hanna at least should have done that, she stood up to Wilden and Holbrook and Roma Mafia. Girl can dance with fear!

• Love 3

None of the replacements are even worthwhile and it makes absolutely no sense for the girls to be afraid of them, even if they hadn't already dealt with the far scarier originals. Shower is the one percent milk to Jenna's merlot, Lorenzo is the broomstick to Wilden's shovel, and we didn't even KNOW Ali and I cared more about her various mysteries than I do about who killed Charlotte. Mona needs to kick neutered Ali out of the group and smack the girls around until they remember how to run headlong into vacant doll factories without wearing gloves again.

• Love 3

Shower is not, and will never be milk. #NeverForgetIan She's more like lemon juice. 

On another note, I'm listening to a bit of the BrosWatchPLL podcast..and they had one of the best lines about this show ever.

"Let's turn to our favorite literary sad sack of shit - Ezra Fitz." You can't find a better description. 

• Love 8

If they use this to fuel Ali into becoming her former super-manipulative self, I'll take it. My sister and I call each other every week to discuss PLL (and make fun of each other for our complete apathy towards a show we can't stop watching) and all she could say this week was how much she hated Ali. But I'd take hating Ali any day over feeling vague disappointment towards her. This show is in sore need of one of the Melissa/Ian/Garrett/Jenna characters they had in the early season that the girls couldn't puzzle out if they should trust or not. 

I don't mind Alison's character growth after the horror she went through, that she kind of brought on herself. That's fine. It's just no fun to watch. The Prayer of Shade this week - while the motivation was weak because I will never ever feel sorry Charlotte is dead or feel bad for Ali - was glorious.

• Love 2

If they use this to fuel Ali into becoming her former super-manipulative self, I'll take it. My sister and I call each other every week to discuss PLL (and make fun of each other for our complete apathy towards a show we can't stop watching) and all she could say this week was how much she hated Ali. But I'd take hating Ali any day over feeling vague disappointment towards her. This show is in sore need of one of the Melissa/Ian/Garrett/Jenna characters they had in the early season that the girls couldn't puzzle out if they should trust or not.

I don't mind Alison's character growth after the horror she went through, that she kind of brought on herself. That's fine. It's just no fun to watch. The Prayer of Shade this week - while the motivation was weak because I will never ever feel sorry Charlotte is dead or feel bad for Ali - was glorious.

Remember Melissa with the peanut butter froyo? That was golden!

On another note, I'm listening to a bit of the BrosWatchPLL podcast..and they had one of the best lines about this show ever.

They called the dude who's helping Shower Harvey her "seeing-eye bro" and "comfort bro".  I laughed out loud.

• Love 1

You're right, false imprisonment isn't the correct term. Wrongful conviction might be more accurate and you can sue for that and receive some sort of settlement if it's determined that the state or the police acted improperly or screwed something up. And half of US states even have compensation laws on the books to compensate those who are wrongly convicted, although I don't think Pennsylvania does. Not that I think the show put much thought into it beyond that throw away line from Jason about his dad being angry. And I assumed Jason meant his dad was suing on Alison's behalf. 

While I don't remember the Rosewood PD behaving improperly - for once - during the investigation of Mona's "murder," there is someone that Ali could sue up the wazoo and win handily: Mona herself. After all, it was all Mona's plot to make it look like she'd been murdered and frame Ali for it. But I don't think the characters have even discussed it, outside of one brief exchange in Mona's car.

But speaking of that, the funny thing is that I actually think Aria is the one PLL who does owe Ali something, so I'm not impressed by Aria's behavior the way other posters have been. Remember that it was Aria's dipshit brother who helped Mona frame Ali, and Ali agreed to sit on that information to protect Mike even though she was on trial for murder and it would've really helped her case.

More shade-filled prayers, please. Ali was so boring for the first half of this season.

While I don't remember the Rosewood PD behaving improperly - for once - during the investigation of Mona's "murder," there is someone that Ali could sue up the wazoo and win handily: Mona herself. After all, it was all Mona's plot to make it look like she'd been murdered and frame Ali for it. But I don't think the characters have even discussed it, outside of one brief exchange in Mona's car.

The very fact they announced that it was a murder based on some spilled blood was a blatant case of behaving improperly. The "evidence" that led to the arrests of Alison and the Liars was a joke too. But yes, Mona should have faced some consequences for trying to fake her death, be it from Alison suing her or the state of Pennsylvania doing so. And considering that Mona got no punishment whatsoever, Mike wouldn't have gotten one either, so I don't think Aria really owes Alison anything.

But speaking of that, the funny thing is that I actually think Aria is the one PLL who does owe Ali something, so I'm not impressed by Aria's behavior the way other posters have been. Remember that it was Aria's dipshit brother who helped Mona frame Ali, and Ali agreed to sit on that information to protect Mike even though she was on trial for murder and it would've really helped her case.

More shade-filled prayers, please. Ali was so boring for the first half of this season.

Aria has always seemed the most ambivalent towards Alison. I can't decide if they have a really complicated relationship or just not much of one at all. Aria doesn't seem bound to Alison in the way Spencer, Emily and Hanna are. The others act like they have to do whatever Ali asks and it's honestly kind of annoying because she's not exactly forcing them. She's asking and they do it and then they bitch about it like she put a gun to their heads. Why not just be honest and tell her no? 

But I agree that Ali did Aria a huge favor by agreeing to keep Mike out of it when he could have helped her get out of jail. The funny thing was Aria had absolutely no qualms about asking Ali to stay in jail for a little while longer, like it wasn't Alison's life at stake. She kind of just expected Alison to do it. Even when the others were all stewing in their 10 seconds of guilt over having Ali locked up, Aria didn't seem to care that much and even said it was karma despite Ali not actually being guilty. I guess you could say Aria was kind of Ali-like in that regard. 

So this Ali vs. Aria thing this season has the potential to be interesting because I feel like there's a lot to explore in their relationship, but I don't think it'll go beyond Ali suspecting Aria of being involved in Charlotte's murder for a couple of episodes. I doubt they'll even talk.  

The very fact they announced that it was a murder based on some spilled blood was a blatant case of behaving improperly. The "evidence" that led to the arrests of Alison and the Liars was a joke too. But yes, Mona should have faced some consequences for trying to fake her death, be it from Alison suing her or the state of Pennsylvania doing so. And considering that Mona got no punishment whatsoever, Mike wouldn't have gotten one either, so I don't think Aria really owes Alison anything.

I wouldn't say Aria owes Alison anything, besides maybe a bit of gratitude, but they had no idea at the time that Mona, and by extension Mile, wouldn't face any consequences for their actions. Aria was legitimately terrified of what would happen to her brother if his involvement was made known, not just from a legal standpoint but she was also worried A would hurt him, so Alison agreeing to sit in jail for even longer while they sat on information that could have helped exonerate her just for the sake of protecting the boyfriend of the girl who framed her and the brother of the friend who had betrayed her was a pretty huge deal. I'm not saying Ali's a saint or anything but it was a selfless move on her part.  

Ali and Aria's relationship has always been the most interesting to me. 

Because in some ways, of all the girls Ali has been the best friend towards Aria. 

I always wondered if it was because Ali saw Aria as a threat or Ali actually genuinely liked her. (Maybe saw her as someone she could turn into a mini Ali, in the same sort of relationship that CeCe and Ali had.) 

I wouldn't say Aria owes Alison anything, besides maybe a bit of gratitude, but they had no idea at the time that Mona, and by extension Mile, wouldn't face any consequences for their actions. Aria was legitimately terrified of what would happen to her brother if his involvement was made known, not just from a legal standpoint but she was also worried A would hurt him, so Alison agreeing to sit in jail for even longer while they sat on information that could have helped exonerate her just for the sake of protecting the boyfriend of the girl who framed her and the brother of the friend who had betrayed her was a pretty huge deal.

Well, the post I quoted was referring to the current situation in the show, so Aria already knows Mona received a get out of jail free card.

Then again, Alison's trial in 5B trial was such a joke even by PLL standards that personally I can't take any part of it even remotely seriously. For me, the important thing is that Alison has demanded that Liars lie to cover her own ass many more times than vice versa. None of them owes Alison anything, even if we ignore the elephant in the room - the two psychos whose only reason for tormenting the Liars was Ali deigning to choose them as her minions, I mean friends.

I wish we could have the NAT Club 2.0 where the members gathered around a table and we could watch Ian drink milk, Melissa eat her froyo, and Ezra could just stare at a can of chickpeas, all while look shady as fuck.

And don't forget...

Jenna reminding everyone that their cookies are better with milk:  "You DO have milk, don't you?"  Ian:  "Already got it covered, Babe."

Garrett lining up his M&M's in a row before eating them (does he do it Pac-Man style?)

Edited by dwmckim
  • Love 4