Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Never Say Goodbye

radishcake
  • Start Topic

b3dcf4150ebe7cb05ea790bd747bc334.jpg

ahhhhh that top right one is the picture I think I was thinking about.  He must just be very tan in that photo. 

He's cute! Hopefully Sophia will grow into her looks.....? I think she will.  I had a co-worker who births some super ugly kids, the one is still pretty young so time will tell but the oldest one looks pretty decent now. 

• Love 3

Only 20 lbs??? When I bought boosters for my kids, the boosters themselves stated they were for kids 40 lbs and up. That seems crazy to me, 20 lbs is not much at all. Anyhow, I don't know about state laws, but safety guidelines state a child should be 4'9 before discontinuing use of a booster. My oldest is 7, almost 8, and about average for his age - he's only 4'2. Guidelines aren't really about weight, but about height. They want the shoulder and lap belt to fall in the proper places for maximum safety. If I took away my son's booster, the shoulder belt would be across his neck. 

Does Maci still use a booster with Bentley, I wonder?

I'd be concerned about Ryan driving with Bentley, even with a booster. What if he dropped his phone again?

Agreed. Maybe he got his darker complexion from his mother? The woman they showed was his step-mother, correct?

Whoah.  My daughter is 12.5 months old.  She's still in the newborn bucket carseat we took her home from the hospital in.  She weighs 20.6 pounds.   She should be in a booster!  ;)

• Love 1

My youngest had to stop using a booster before  some would think appropriate. We had a Chevy Blazer at the time and I was told once her head was higher than the back seat (no head rests not a high back) she should not  use it. This was at one of those checks you can go to where the police will make sure seats are being used/attached properly.

• Love 2

At one time, Ryan had two car seats in his truck. Why? No one knows. Here is a photo and a small article about the mystery car seat: 

http://www.teenmomjunkies.com/teen-mom-3/ryan-edwards-toting-carseat/

Last season there was that conversation where Maci asked Ryan about if he puts Bentley in a car seat. His response is, "Sometimes." 

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/teen-mom-og-recap-pregnant-maci-bookout-survives-car-crash-2015185

• Love 1

The creepy talk is normal for Sophia because she learns from the best, her mom. Is everyone forgetting the episodes of Farrah when she was dating Simon and how she talked to him like that!? It was bad back then. History is repeating itself.

Can Farrah get through an episode without crying... or fake crying... or doing that ugly thing she does to her face thats looking something like crying...

• Love 7

It's strange seeing those pictures of Farrah looking like an actual real person and not a plastic mannequin. She looks pretty even with her slightly large nose.

Sophia looks just like daddy Derek. Slap a unibrow, a ratty wig and some messy clothes on him and you have the spitting image of that kid.

• Love 6

The creepy talk is normal for Sophia because she learns from the best, her mom. Is everyone forgetting the episodes of Farrah when she was dating Simon and how she talked to him like that!? It was bad back then. History is repeating itself.

Oh it goes back further than that. Deb has been talking that way to Farrah and Sophia for a long time. Farrah, for all her hate towards her mother, is just repeating that same shitty talk to her daughter. 

• Love 3

I was thinking the other day how I found her very pretty and even maybe the most pretty out of all the TM girls. Whatever she does to her face, she won't even come close to the natural beauty she had. I agree, not a classic beauty, but still nice. Of course, the attitude has always been there.

Edited by EuropeanGirl
  • Love 5
At one time, Ryan had two car seats in his truck. Why? No one knows. Here is a photo and a small article about the mystery car seat:

http://www.teenmomju...toting-carseat/

LOL, I love the speculation about the double carseats. "Another kid he doesn't want anyone to know about" - don't you think Bentley might have mentioned that!? "He likes things to be symmetrical". Yes, that's it. Ryan is my spirit animal and super uptight about balance. HA! 

What's more likely is that he was in a drug induced stupid, half asleep, and didn't realized he'd bought two. And then was too lazy to take one out and do anything with it. 

That, or he'd been lazy about GETTING Bintley a carseat and was using Maci's and finally got around to getting one of his own. 

At any rate, that picture seems old. Bentley looks younger, even turned to the side. Maci has lighter hair. 

AND the straps are not on properly. One is falling off of Bintley's shoulder!!!

• Love 2

My youngest had to stop using a booster before  some would think appropriate. We had a Chevy Blazer at the time and I was told once her head was higher than the back seat (no head rests not a high back) she should not  use it. This was at one of those checks you can go to where the police will make sure seats are being used/attached properly.

Not to tell you what to do, but though it is true about the backs of the seats, that is where the seats with the back attached come in (this is if you are actually talking about booster seats and not talking about actual carseats for the younger ones--because those definitely have backs and should be used).... so if you have a booster with a back, not just the part they sit on, the seat is safe as long as the child's head is not above the back of the booster seat.

My son's seat can have the back, or not, and we found for his age and size it is best to keep the back on as the seatbelt feeds and stays better where it is supposed to, versus taking the back off, and it seems to not stay in the right place quite as easily.

Taking this back to Ryan and his use of carseats so as to remain on topic...I do think that there is something about kids getting older and people think they don't need them, or try to rush them out of the seats...which I don't get.  Booster seats are so simple, whether they have the back or not, and it is just a good safety measure for those under 4' 9".  

• Love 1

It must have been the week for zits because both Ryan and Tyler had huge honking zits right in the middle of their foreheads. 

As for the episode, it was just more of the same old same old. 

I understand Maci's frustration, but unless it's about something like picking up Bintlee from school, she needs to STFU and  get over it. She wants to control the relationship between Bentley and Ryan and his parents.Yes, Ryan is a douche, and the carseat thing would put me over he edge, but girl needs to choose her battles. The carseat and pick up times are something to fight over, giving Ryan an extra day is not. She has never and will never learn the art of compromise, and doesn't see that giving a little gets you a whole lot more. 

Amber is a waste of space. Get out of the damn bed. 

Farrah, no words. 

I feel so bad for Cate. What a shitty background she comes from. The dysfunction just has no end. Butch doesn't get  that the wedding isn't about him, otherwise he would STFU about April. B&T are in a no win. Carly and Nova are NOT sisters. I'm so sorry that Cate and Tyler (under his douchiness) have never really gotten over giving up Carly. It's time to move on and I'm not sure all the pictures and visits help with that. I think B&T were hoping the separation would happen naturally over time, but it hasn't. Maybe it's MTV, maybe its because the adoption is open, maybe it's because of how their family treated them when they gave Carly up. I wish Dr Drew could get Cate in particular some real help with it. 

• Love 4

Not to tell you what to do, but though it is true about the backs of the seats, that is where the seats with the back attached come in (this is if you are actually talking about booster seats and not talking about actual carseats for the younger ones--because those definitely have backs and should be used).... so if you have a booster with a back, not just the part they sit on, the seat is safe as long as the child's head is not above the back of the booster seat.

My son's seat can have the back, or not, and we found for his age and size it is best to keep the back on as the seatbelt feeds and stays better where it is supposed to, versus taking the back off, and it seems to not stay in the right place quite as easily.

Taking this back to Ryan and his use of carseats so as to remain on topic...I do think that there is something about kids getting older and people think they don't need them, or try to rush them out of the seats...which I don't get.  Booster seats are so simple, whether they have the back or not, and it is just a good safety measure for those under 4' 9".  

This was in 1995-6 I don't think they had backs, lol. Could be wrong though. It was one where you flipped a padded part across the FRONT of the child. They were deemed not safe and were discontinued.

At any rate, that picture seems old. Bentley looks younger, even turned to the side. Maci has lighter hair.

It is old. The article is dated 2011. 

Yes, Ryan is a douche, and the carseat thing would put me over he edge, but girl needs to choose her battles. The carseat and pick up times are something to fight over, giving Ryan an extra day is not. She has never and will never learn the art of compromise, and doesn't see that giving a little gets you a whole lot more.

I agree. 

• Love 1

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I believed Tyler when he was telling that story. He had gone through a lot in his young life. Also, young boys are more likely to hang themselves to end their life than older people. A lot of people have survived after attempting to hang themselves, and those people do often have marks around their necks.

I completely agree. Maci irritates me, and sometimes I think she says "no" to Ryan just because she can. But at the end of the day, I think she is doing a good job with her son. Bentley seems like a pretty normal kid, no major issues. I think she just wants to keep things consistent and stable for him, and Ryan is none of those things. His parents are consistent and stable, and Ryan just pops up when he's not sleeping or out with his friends. Bentley seemed majorly stressed that Ryan was late, imagine if he had him late TO school Monday morning. I don't blame Maci for not trusting Ryan.

This is why I like Maci so much even though she can be annoying. She's a great Mom. Actually, I think Bentley is the most normal kid on Teen Mom & Teen Mom 2. (Aside from Isaac.) I think that's all because of Maci too. At times, Ryan looks as uncomfortable with Bentley as Bentley looks with him. He's too serious & self involved to be around any child. It's a shame that he doesn't try a little harder for his son. I think Adam from TM2 is a better dad than Ryan is & that's crazy.

Derek was fair skinned with blonde hair. If you Google Farrah Abraham Derek Underwood, pics come up. Sophia does look just like him facially minus the dark hair she has.

Sophia does look a lot Derek. Everyone needs to STOP calling her a troll doll. It's mean.....to the doll. I like trolls too & now every time I see one I'm gonna see her creepy little face.

Those pics of Farrah & Derek kind o|f make me a little sad. Farrah looked so genuinely happy. I've never seen her smile like that about anything on the show. She was pretty. Now she's half plastic & all evil.

• Love 3

My only issue with the Maci sleepover situation is that especially now that she has every other weekend vs Maci having her during the week and Ryan's parents (let's be honest, they are who she shares custody with)on the weekend... How much do you want to bet that these sleepovers only happen on Ryan's weekends? I totally get that Ryan is absentee and all, but I don't think that Maci should be just taking days out of his visitation without checking, or being willing to give a day somewhere else. For the most part I think Maci is a good mom, but I feel like she does use Bentley as a pawn to get at Ryan.

• Love 5

I agree with everyone who says Sophia is really creepy. I can't stand her voice, her attitude or her looks and I am not sorry to say that. Every time she spoke I was thinking that she sounded weird like it wasn't her normal voice and she was spouting off lines fed to her by Farrah. She may have been saying she wanted her dad but the emotions didn't match. I was waiting for Farrah to ask her why she was saying certain things (wanting to die, etc) and Sophia saying "because you told me to say that" ala balloon boy. The conversations about Derek were just strange. And why would Sophia be so affected about a dad she never met? Wanting to die to be with her dad? The whole thing seems to be drama brought on by Farrah's constant need for attention. I don't feel sorry for her at all, I think she is playing it up big time for people to feel sorry for her.

I hate Maci, she is such a bitch. I don't think Ryan is a good dad at all but Maci and her control issues with Bentley are driving me crazy. Especially since in all the episodes so far she has left both her kids, one being a few month old infant, with sitters to go party with her friends. She needs to grow up about as much as Ryan.

I can't stand the closer lion show after the episode. Farrah and her separate chair spouting all her "positivity" bullshit, the kiss-ass host and the other girls all trying to justify their behavior and convince the world they are all wonderful moms just makes me ill and I usually only watch a few minutes before turning it off.

• Love 1

Forgot to add, Gary has gained so much weight you can barely make out his facial features and when he talks that is all I think about. I can imagine him trying to take care of 2 young kids when he looks like he can barely move. Wtf is wrong with Kristina that she would a) sleep with Gary b) get involved in the TM drama and have to deal with Amber, then c) have a kid and marry (?) Gary, and d) leave her husband and child for all of this? I think it's just odd because she seems like a nice, normal, non-fame whoring person on the show but everything she has done so far says otherwise. I don't get it at all.

Eta punctuation corrections to make sense :)

Edited by Sounditout
  • Love 3

I hate to call a little kid "creepy", especially when we know she was raised by wolves - but damn, she was extra creepy in this episode. The poor limo driver must have thought he was on some sort of hidden camera show as he overheard their conversation. Guy probably ran straight to his church afterwards.

Bet Farrah didn't tip either.

• Love 3

My only issue with the Maci sleepover situation is that especially now that she has every other weekend vs Maci having her during the week and Ryan's parents (let's be honest, they are who she shares custody with)on the weekend...

Have we ever learned the full details of the arrangement? To be honest I got the impression the arrangement was more like this:

Ryan gets Bentley every single weekend. In reality that could mean Maci dropped Bentley off at Jen and Larry's Saturday afternoon, Maci goes out and parties Saturday night, then picks Bentley up Sun morning. That is the way I've interpreted the arrangement, and the only way I could see Maci having no issue with the every weekend thing.

Having Jayde probably slowed down the going out EVERY Saturday, which is why she has an issue with the every weekend part now.

I really don't think she shares custody with Ryan or Jen and Larry, they seem more just overnight babysitters while she partied.

• Love 2

Have we ever learned the full details of the arrangement? To be honest I got the impression the arrangement was more like this:

Ryan gets Bentley every single weekend. In reality that could mean Maci dropped Bentley off at Jen and Larry's Saturday afternoon, Maci goes out and parties Saturday night, then picks Bentley up Sun morning. That is the way I've interpreted the arrangement, and the only way I could see Maci having no issue with the every weekend thing.

Having Jayde probably slowed down the going out EVERY Saturday, which is why she has an issue with the every weekend part now.

I really don't think she shares custody with Ryan or Jen and Larry, they seem more just overnight babysitters while she partied.

I don't know exactly, I'm just going off the fact that a couple of episodes ago Maci wanted to change from the agreement that she has Bentley during the week and Ryan on weekends, to her getting Bentley every other weekend... But my point isn't so much about the actual custody arrangement, but just the fact that she was making a big deal that now that Bentley is getting older and wanting to spend time with friends, and having sleepovers that Ryan was just going to have to suck it up that they both were going to lose time, but I'm willing to bet Maci won't lose tone and will ensure that sleepovers happen on Ryan's time.

• Love 1

Sophia looks like Mogwai from the Jungle Book. I would think that Farrah, of all people, would keep her hair styled. Every she's on camera I ask myself what jungle has she been abandoned in?

That's actually super accurate. Except in the Disney version, Mowgli kept his hair shorter than shoulder length so neither he nor the wolves raising him would have to fuss with it as much. Personally, I think Leah Shirley's hair is gorgeous, because it always looks neat and clean. I'm going to guess that's a Kristina contribution.

TL;DR wolves in a Disney movie are better parents than Farrah.

• Love 5
I am quite sure that they don't have any kind of legally set-up arrangement but an informal agreement. When Ryan was talking to his friend he said that it would be a shame to go to court now when they had managed between themselves for so long.

Ha, Ryan is so full of it. He's been threatening to take her to court forever. And he never does it. I, honestly, think Ryan is fine with how little he sees his son. His only issue is he just doesn't like letting Maci "win". Any time he doesn't get his way, he gets all pissy, and his parents suggest they get a legalized custody arrangement, and he's all fired up to do it. But he never does. Because he is lazy and apathetic as hell. 

• Love 2

Sophia looks like Mogwai from the Jungle Book. I would think that Farrah, of all people, would keep her hair styled. Every she's on camera I ask myself what jungle has she been abandoned in?

I agree but still, haha for the whole Jungle book reference and whoever mentioned Mowglita was right on the spot!

That's actually super accurate. Except in the Disney version, Mowgli kept his hair shorter than shoulder length so neither he nor the wolves raising him would have to fuss with it as much. Personally, I think Leah Shirley's hair is gorgeous, because it always looks neat and clean. I'm going to guess that's a Kristina contribution.

TL;DR wolves in a Disney movie are better parents than Farrah.

What is TL;DR?

I actually think Sophia looks just like Deborah, but with darker coloring. I don't think she's an unattractive child, but she always has a sass face that's pretty hard to find endearing. Plus her hair is always a mess, which is odd given how manicured everything else in Farrah's life is.

• Love 1
Ryan's definitely lacking in the father department, and his personality leaves something to be desired. But then every now and then, he does something like splitting logs, and daaaaamn. ;)

I'm completely befuddled by all the talk about Ryan being so good-looking, which has been going on since their 16 & Pregnant episode. He looks to me like any one of the dozen generic white dudebros I see walking across the campus every day where I work. 

• Love 2
ghoulina, on 25 Jan 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

Ha, Ryan is so full of it. He's been threatening to take her to court forever. And he never does it. I, honestly, think Ryan is fine with how little he sees his son. His only issue is he just doesn't like letting Maci "win". Any time he doesn't get his way, he gets all pissy, and his parents suggest they get a legalized custody arrangement, and he's all fired up to do it. But he never does. Because he is lazy and apathetic as hell. 

I think you are right. Ryan rarely looks like he is happy to see Bentley or that he enjoys spending time with him. He doesn't seem to care about Bentley's feelings at all.  It appears that he considers Bentley a burden to him for the most part. What is truly sad is that it is clear that Bentley understands this, it's so obvious. You can see how uncomfortable and awkward he is with Ryan most of the time.  Bentley looks normal/happy when he is with Maci or with his grandparents, but when he is just with his dad he often seems quiet and sad. It breaks my heart because Bentley deserves so much better than that in a dad.

• Love 2

I'm completely befuddled by all the talk about Ryan being so good-looking, which has been going on since their 16 & Pregnant episode. He looks to me like any one of the dozen generic white dudebros I see walking across the campus every day where I work.

100% agree!

So I am watching this rerun now, and something just kinda occurred to me, it's an obvious point, most of you have probably already caught it... But as Farrah goes on and on about "daddy Derek" and reading the poems and everything to Sophia...which is fine... But she keeps saying Sophia is asking a lot about Derek... Again totally normal, but it just bothers me because she basically has to lie, she never even told Derek she was pregnant, he found out through the grapevine, so she can't (honestly) tell Sophia he was excited or loved her so much... Now don't get me wrong this is one case where the lie is probably better, I don't think Sophia needs to know the sordid details, and I am a little relieved that she wasn't honest like she has been with some of the more difficult details, but my point is I just think with her revising the history it's sad that it's kinda a glaring example of the true state of their relationship... She can pretend all day they were star crossed lover/soul mates whatever, but the fact of the matter is they were barely communicating when he died.

• Love 4