Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Never Say Goodbye

radishcake
  • Start Topic

Catelynn and Tyler (especially Catelynn) are better and more forgiving people than me. If someone had treated me like Butch and April treated Catelynn when she placed Carly for adoption and after, I can't promise I would be so generous with Teen Mom money and what I'd acquired. I can't guarantee I would have offered to house April or Butch after how they treated Catelynn. I realize it's been years and maybe that's vindictive of me, but I'm not sure that I wouldn't cut April and Butch completely out of my life and my money.

• Love 13

Farrah reading Sophia the article detailing Daddy Derek’s tragic death was disgusting. If Farrah wants Sophia to have any connection with Daddy Derek she should allow Daddy Derek’s family to be a part of Sophia’s life.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 11

Farrah actually acted normal with Derek's parents. That was weird.

Watching Matt and Amber together is like watching a Titanic knowing they're going to die.

Farrah's revisionist history with Daddy Derek is off the charts in the stratosphere. And God Sophia s creepy as shit.

Edited by ClassyCourtHeels
  • Love 22

Catelynn and Tyler (especially Catelynn) are better and more forgiving people than me. If someone had treated me like Butch and April treated Catelynn when she placed Carly for adoption and after, I can't promise I would be so generous with Teen Mom money and what I'd acquired. I can't guarantee I would have offered to house April or Butch after how they treated Catelynn. I realize it's been years and maybe that's vindictive of me, but I'm not sure that I wouldn't cut April and Butch completely out of my life and my money.

I'm right there with you. It seems like they're less douchey than they used to be, but I definitely wouldn't let them watch my baby, or live in my house. My mom is fond of saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder" in regards to her own family, and I definitely think some space from April, Butch, and the whole gang would be beneficial for Cate and Ty. Then again, I think space from each other would have been the best thing for the two of them, but that ship has sailed.

• Love 4

I laughed way too hard at our first shot of Amber. Laying her lazy ass in bed while Matt and Leah wait on her. I wonder if it was 10:30. Never change, Amber. SMH

I hate to say it, because she's a child, but damn Sophia is annoying as hell. I couldn't work on that shoot.  That stupid baby voice and talk she does is ridiculous and Farrah needs to put a stop to it. She's too damn old for it. Dealing with her mom is one thing, add on Sophia and it's like nails on a chalkboard. Why in the hell do they call him Daddy Derek?? He's her father, just call him dad. Calling him Daddy Derek makes it seem like any other guy can come along and she'll add Daddy to his name. Daddy Simon dodged a bullet.

Farrah actually acted normal with Derek's parents. That was weird.

I noticed that too. She clearly knows how to be fake.

Maci annoyed me too. I mean, I get it, Ryan hasn't been the best father and I'm sure his parents would have been taking Bentley to school the next day, but hell, how about you explain to Ryan like you explained to Taylor? "Because" is not an answer that adults give. And Ryan, grow the hell up. Is he afraid of Maci or something? You just HAVE to cut wood when Maci gets to the house and then your excuse for not talking to her is that when you came out she was leaving. Dude. How about we just show Bentley with Mimi and Papa and don't show Maci or Ryan anymore. They get on my nerves.

Tyler talking about suicide in front of his little brother made me uncomfortable. You caught yourself the first time, yet you continued to talk about it. How about you send him to the car or something?

Gary's new little baby looks so much like Leah. I guess that answers who Leah looks like. I've never been able to figure it out before, mainly because Gary's so damn fat you can't tell what his features are.

I'm right there with you. It seems like they're less douchey than they used to be, but I definitely wouldn't let them watch my baby, or live in my house.

I think that both April and Butch were on drugs during that time. That whole situation was screwed up and twisted. I think that being sober has made them a lot "less douchey", lol.

Edited by MitaJo
  • Love 16

Farrah reading Sophia the article detailing Daddy Derek’s tragic death was disgusting. If Farrah wants Sophia to have any connection with Daddy Derek she should allow Daddy Derek’s family to be a part of Sophia’s life.

Reading the article was weird, and inappropriate for a six year old child. If she was a teenager, and she wanted to read it, that would be different.

I think his mom is like crazy, but the dad and stepmom were okay?

• Love 7

Maci knows good and well that her head would spin around and all off of her body if she lost a day with Bentley. She was wrong for not even explaining why Ryan couldn't have that extra day/take him to school. That routine line was bull, she hands those kids off whenever it's convenient for her. She complains to everyone who will listen when Ryan isn't stepping up but when he actually tries to get his allotted time in she pulls another power play. Can't stand her.

Farrah acts like...a human being around Daddy Derek's family. She actually treated them like people and was able to carry on a conversation. Derek's mom got a few eye rolls in because she certainly wasn't buying what she was selling but it was still a nice change. She also handled the gravesite scenes well. Missouri is good for her. I know what she used to be atrocious when dealing with anything Derek related. I wonder what's changed?

I don't blame Theresa one bit for not wanting to meet Butch. I love having him on the show and he's freaking hilarious, but I also don't have a personal connection to the dude. If he were my child's biological grandparent I would run far, far away.

Edit: I typed up this whole damn post and Ryan was late picking the kid up. Dammit, Rhiiinne.

• Love 6

Catelynn, Tyler, listen closely here.... Carly is NOT. YOUR. DAUGHTER. There shouldn't be any talk about Nova and Carly having a "sisterly bond". You don't have daughters, plural, you have ONE daughter who is already being relegated to live in the shadow of the almighty Carly. I wish Brandon and Theresa would close the adoption. I understand why they haven't, but at this point it seems like nothing short of nuking the whole thing would be sufficient to get Cate and Ty to move the fuck on with their lives, and maybe fulfill some of the countless promises they've made over the years. The wound can't heal if you keep ripping it open for your yearly visits and daily "what if Carly were here?" conversations. 

I think it's perfectly logical for Leah to refer to Gary and Kristina as her parents when they're the ones who are, y'know, raising her. Amber is not a parent and she shouldn't get so bent out of shape about these things. 

I dunno about anyone else but it seemed like Derek's parents, and particularly his father, didn't want any part of Farrah's shit. Sophia seems stunted, I know she's several months younger than Leah and Bentley but she behaves like she's years younger. She speaks in weird noises and that damn baby voice. Farrah either speaks to Sophia like she's an infant or like she's a grown ass woman, and not at all in an age appropriate way. The way they've handled this "Daddy Derek" thing seems like it's going to do more harm than good in the long run.

Maci needs to shut the fuck up and take those gauges out. "I'm so traditional but look at me shotgunning a beer on TV, but don't worry I'm classy!". 

Edited by Spacecow
  • Love 15

Maci knows good and well that her head would spin around and all off of her body if she lost a day with Bentley. She was wrong for not even explaining why Ryan couldn't have that extra day/take him to school. That routine line was bull, she hands those kids off whenever it's convenient for her. She complains to everyone who will listen when Ryan isn't stepping up but when he actually tries to get his allotted time in she pulls another power play. Can't stand her.

Farrah acts like...a human being around Daddy Derek's family. She actually treated them like people and was able to carry on a conversation. Derek's mom got a few eye rolls in because she certainly wasn't buying what she was selling but it was still a nice change. She also handled the gravesite scenes well. Missouri is good for her. I know what she used to be atrocious when dealing with anything Derek related. I wonder what's changed?

I don't blame Theresa one bit for not wanting to meet Butch. I love having him on the show and he's freaking hilarious, but I also don't have a personal connection to the dude. If he were my child's biological grandparent I would run far, far away.

Edit: I typed up this whole damn post and Ryan was late picking the kid up. Dammit, Rhiiinne.

Not only was he late picking Bentley up from school, but I'm pretty sure that Bentley wasn't sitting in any type of car seat/booster seat in Ryan's car either.

• Love 2

Me too!! Dude, can't you get anything right? Fifteen minutes late picking him up is a long time when you're his age. And you know that he told Maci that you were late, so you sure as hell can forget ever being allowed to do it again. He admits that they have communication issues, but he doesn't reply to any of her texts asking where they were. Also, did she try calling him? If she did, did he not answer? Bentley's so awesome, I can't wish him away, but Ryan and Maci had no business procreating. Bentley is also very much aware of Ryan's short comings. He barely looks like he wants to be with him or around him.

• Love 7

Sophia is creepy as hell man. That redrum Shining voice she does freaks me out. And she looks exactly like Daddy Derek's father. I think even the evil twin from Teen Mom 2 would be creeped out by her.

Farrah - still crying but still not producing any tears.

Damn it, Butch. Why'd you have to go and ruin that glorious Pantene Prison commercial hair with that cheap dye job?

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 14

I felt so bad for Bentley in that scene. Poor little guy seemed so uncomfortable and he was probably pretty scared having to wait for 15 minutes to get picked up. That's a long time for a little kid. I still remember vividly how scared I would get when my mom was even 5 minutes late coming to get me. I root for Ryan because I fucking hate Maci but damn he really fucks up consistently. 

• Love 3

No wonder Sophia acts the way she does when she has a mother who reads to her the gory details of her father's death! Poor kid probably has no friends and not involved in any activities.

I wonder if Amber laid around in her bunk all day while she was in prison.

Did Tyler say that Carly called him "daddy'?

• Love 6

Sophia... she has a weird killer baby voice... and it really scares me. The talk of "Daddy Derek" seems to be damaging to her. There must be a better way to handle that matter.

Why do they even have to refer to him as Daddy Derek? Sophia has one daddy, so labelling him seems unnecessary.

It makes me wonder what Sophia is like in school, away from the crazy Abraham/Danielsen/Teen Mom crew. I'm afraid that she is emotionally stunted, and isn't being taught how to interact with others normally.

Did Tyler say that Carly called him "daddy'?

Yes he did. Apparently, Carly was calling daddy, but Brandon wasn't around so she was clearly referring to Tyler? The hardest part of this story for me to believe is that Brandon and Theresa were more than 3 feet away from Carly at any point during this visit.

• Love 14

Me too!! Dude, can't you get anything right? Fifteen minutes late picking him up is a long time when you're his age. And you know that he told Maci that you were late, so you sure as hell can forget ever being allowed to do it again. He admits that they have communication issues, but he doesn't reply to any of her texts asking where they were. Also, did she try calling him? If she did, did he not answer? Bentley's so awesome, I can't wish him away, but Ryan and Maci had no business procreating. Bentley is also very much aware of Ryan's short comings. He barely looks like he wants to be with him or around him.

It's sad but true that Bentley seems so over Ryan's bullshit. He does seem to love Papa Larry and Mimi Jen, and how could he not? They're great people, and I think they try so hard to build their own relationship with Maci, because they realize what a shit Ryan is, and they want to stay on good terms with her for the sake of their relationship with Bentley.

Say what you will about Maci, but Bentley definitely seems to be the most balanced kid (out of the three we see) on this show. Sophia is just a mess, and Leah is definitely having some real issues with both of her parents, in that "he said, she said" thing Amber and Gary put her in the middle of.

• Love 7

Gary...doesn't understand how any parent would just leave their kids but yet Kristina gave up custody of her 7 year old daughter after having her full time to now seeing her every other weekend. Maybe Gary doesn't respect the mother role, since Kristina just turned her kid over to the father too. The dad even filed child support arrears against Kristina siting she refuses to work. Leah will have no chance without anyone in her left being a good example

• Love 5

Farrah is a user and needs a sympathetic story line- that is what has changed.

• Love 4

Does anyone else remember when Farrah had Sophia in that private school? I think it was a Jewish school. 

I'd love to see a very special Teen Mom with Evil Twin and Creepy Sophia. I imagine it would be something like a cockfight. 

Just going to post it: I can't stand Sophia. Yes, she is a child. I don't fucking care. Hand me that hand basket and a lot of ice. 

• Love 19

Thank you to everyone who is calling Sophia creepy. I know it's not right to talk about kids but - there is really something not right about that child. The baby talk, the in-your-face staring, the inappropriate hitting - yikes. I agree that it's a really weird combination of Farrah parenting her as 1/2 infant and 1/2 adult. Sophia is gonna need LOTS of help adjusting to the real world once the cameras go dark.

Oh and Farrah - can you please run a brush through her hair once in a while? Thank you.

Edited by JustDuckie
  • Love 12

Does anyone else remember when Farrah had Sophia in that private school? I think it was a Jewish school.

I'd love to see a very special Teen Mom with Evil Twin and Creepy Sophia. I imagine it would be something like a cockfight.

Just going to post it: I can't stand Sophia. Yes, she is a child. I don't fucking care. Hand me that hand basket and a lot of ice.

Is Farrah Jewish? I thought Abraham seemed like it could be a Jewish surname, but I thought they brought up being Christian a lot. (Eg, the antichrist attitude). I'm also not a fan of Sophia. She's definitely a product of her environment and I feel bad for her, but that doesn't make her any less difficult.

• Love 3

Sophia's talking of Daddy Derek was so creepy tonight.  I never know how I feel about all this with Farrah. It seems guienne at times and then at times, I don't know. 

Ryan did seem pretty mad that he lost a day, but I don't know if he was mad because of actual want to parenting or just a reason to be mad at Maci for something? Either way I can't believe Ryan was late picking up Bentley and Maci still bugged me when she refuses to at least set up a time to talk to him out of spite. Seriously, both of these two bug the crap out of me almost every episode for something. I wish it was just Jen and Larry. They happen to be the only thing that keeps me from fast forwarding through their scenes. 

I give Cate and Ty a lot of props for dealing with April and Butch still. I would have walked away and never looked back. When they air old clips of these shows, the behavior is horrifying. I can still remember feeling worried for Cate during that one episode of season one when Butch was screaming at her. It was scary and she lived there. It's probably why I don't find him very great. I mean, he's funny at times and I laugh but I don't know, I still remember feeling fear for Cate. I know Tyler and Cate have sort of gotten over the whole thing but still.. It was also heartbreaking to hear about Tyler went through, I wish he had stopped talking about it though when he remembered Nick was sitting there.  

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 8

Things I'm tired of:

Sophia's voice (just fucking nails on a chalkboard)

Sophia's face (sorry but she looks like a gremlin)

Amber doing nothing productive (she really needed fucking breakfast in bed as if she has this hard life that earns that sort of treatment)

Tyler and Catelynn talking about Carly (she's not your kid anymore, she's better of without you, enough already)

The words Daddy Derrick (just call him her dad already. Enough with the Daddy Derrick shit)

The Maci/Ryan go around (both of them need to grow the fuck up already. It's been too damn long for this to be going on)

I have more but I'm done for now.

• Love 13

Thank you to everyone who is calling Sophia creepy. I know it's not right to talk about kids but - there is really something not right about that child. The baby talk, the in-your-face staring, the inappropriate hitting - yikes. I agree that it's a really weird combination of Farrah parenting her as 1/2 infant and 1/2 adult. Sophia is gonna need LOTS of help adjusting to the real world once the cameras go dark.

Oh and Farrah - can you please run a brush through her hair once in a while? Thank you.

The same way Debbie talks to Farrah in that horrible, baby voice, is exactly how Farrah speaks to Sophia. 

Is Farrah Jewish? I thought Abraham seemed like it could be a Jewish surname, but I thought they brought up being Christian a lot. (Eg, the antichrist attitude). I'm also not a fan of Sophia. She's definitely a product of her environment and I feel bad for her, but that doesn't make her any less difficult.

I have no clue. I have an image in my head of that male teacher from a couple seasons ago. I don't know why, but Jewish school comes to mind. 

• Love 4

I wasn't paying attention to that moment very well. Hubby was bugging me about setting the damn coffeemaker for the morning. There was a kid named Logan. Was that Amber's cousin's kid? What is her cousin's name again? I swear I thought I read "Kristina's son Logan". Kristina is Gary's wife's name. I am so damn confused. 

It is pretty damn obvious Farrah's PR team hires her a limo for whenever she travels. After all, she is the "star" of the show. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

Cate has a massive pimple on her face in the after-show. It was raw and red and then suddenly the next shot it was covered up in make-up. 

I am beyond tired of the Daddy Derek story line. 

Maci looks annoyed as fuck with Farrah as she sits there crying talking about Daddy Derek. This should have been a damn drinking game tonight with shots for every time Derek's name was mentioned. 

I thought it was nice of Amber to comfort Farrah who was clearly milking the scene. As soon as the clapping began Farrah smiled that smug smile to the camera. Ugh!

Back to the episode itself, what was that supposed to be on Tyler's arm? Batman? Somewhat fucked up that tattoo. There was no shading or contrast just a big massive black cape that looks from afar like a jug of milk tattooed on his arm. 

• Love 7

Sick, isn't she?! Pissed me off to hear her read to Sophia how Daddy Derek died!! What the hell does she think she is doing to that child?! 

And yes, speaking with that voice is disgusting! They are all so bloody disgusting, I try to mute it when Farrah is on, she is so stupid. I see lots of abuse to that child, abuse is not always violent.

• Love 8

I find another reason to hate Farrah every time I watch an episode. Farrah should tell Sophia about her DAD. A normal person would show her pictures & say that he's in Heaven. I don't get why she doesn't let Sophia get to know that side of her family more. Sophia is too young to even get the concept of death. She just wants to get the hell away from her crazy Grandma & Mom who has a block of ice where her heart used to be. I do wonder if Farrah & Sophia would've been any different if Derek would've lived. I mean, would Farrah still be the ice princess she is now? That voice of Sophia's is awful- she's just creepy. I genuinely feel bad for the little girl though. Imagine having to live with Farrah.

All Gary keeps saying is that he's looking out for Leah's best interest. I definitely think that there's more to it. I have no idea what his problem could be. He kept saying the words, "My daughter.." Did anyone see Matt grab that kid & kinda push him out of the way? (I think it was one of Krystal's kids) I know Amber's lazy & immature at times, but she deserves better than him. Why doesn't he see any of his kids? How many baby mama's are there? Does he work at all?

I think Catelynn is suffering from some form of postpartum depression. I know it normally happens right after childbirth, but I read an article that said it could start a while after childbirth too, or it could start off mild and then get worse. She has seemed different since she had Nova.

I think if I was in their position, it would be hard not to think about what could've been between Carly & Nova. Ty was really getting to me when he was talking about his suicide attempt in front of the kid.... (Is that Ty's brother? Or Catelynn's little brother? Or both of their little brother?) But when the kid said something, he still talked about it. He's an idiot sometimes.

I can't believe I'm about to say this:: but I agreed with Ryan this episode. I really do like Maci but there's no reason Ryan couldn't have kept him that one more night. Maci shouldn't have been a bitch about it when he asked either. They both need to put on their grown-up pants and have a normal conversation about these things.

• Love 4

Does anyone remember when SuChin Pak hosted the Aftershows? She was really smart; I liked her a lot. She asked smart questions, but she also listened, and asked follow-up Q's to things the gals said. The current host (Nessa?) isn't even in the same league, and acts more like a Teen Mom super fan than a host or interviewer. Some examples from tonight's Aftershow: 1) Amber said she has cold feet about the wedding, and Nessa didn't say a thing. Nothing! She didn't even ask why. It's like she has her list of prepared questions, and doesn't know how to react to a curveball. 2) She told Farrah that she did an "amazing job" in addressing "Daddy Derek's" death to Sophia, in contrast to everyone's smart take here - reading the article of how he died to Sophia was ridiculous and damaging. And 3) Farrah said she wants to adopt a child, and she and Sophia are "super excited" about it (like it's a reality), and Nessa told her that was awesome and congratulations. Oh man. I miss SuChin.

• Love 14
I felt so bad for Bentley in that scene. Poor little guy seemed so uncomfortable and he was probably pretty scared having to wait for 15 minutes to get picked up. That's a long time for a little kid.

I also think it would be even more scary if he isn't normally the one to pick him up.  You would know that your mom isn't coming, and then wondering if your dad forgot (esp since Ryan is late and forgetful a lot).  

• Love 4

Good Lord, it's really too bad that I watch this live. If I knew it was going to be an hour of Farrah's fluttery eyelashes and chin quivering, I would have DVR'd it, so I could skip those segments. I feel awful saying that, because the guy did die. But goodness gracious, even his own parents weren't putting on quite that show. 

And Sophia. That child is just so disturbing to me. Does she ever talk in a normal kid voice? I realize kids have all different voices and being high pitched can be normal in girls. But it's like she's amping it up, into this "baby talk" kind of thing all the time. Does anyone else notice this? It drives me batty. When she was screaming "I want to die!" and "I want a daddy!" over and over in the car, I imagine that driver was in grave fear for his life. 

I wonder if Farrah, in all HER year of attention seeking therapy (that's right, I said it) has ever considered therapy for Sophia? I have no experience with this issue, but I imagine it's not uncommon for a child of a dead parent to want to "die" so they can be with them, not fully understanding at their age what death means. That being said, she might benefit from having someone help her work through those feelings. Farrah clearly isn't doing it. She's more focused on how Sophia's outbursts upset HER. Plus, she thinks it's perfectly appropriate to read a detailed news account of Derek's death to the child, so there's that...

So Amber is clearly aware of the claims that she sleeps all the time when Leah is there, right? That's why she made that statement about "only" sleeping until 10? If so, why on earth, especially when the cameras are there, is she STILL lazing around all morning??? Matt brings her breakfast in bed, and then I swear I heard him say, "I have to go finish her breakfast". Her, who? Leah? Shouldn't the child be fed before the mother???? Look, I'm not the type to hold people's past against them. Everyone deserves another chance. But Amber attacked Leah's father in front of her, barely parented her, and was put in jail where she couldn't see her for months on end. How about YOU make the KID breakfast in bed, to make up for all that time you weren't there??? 

Sheesh. And I like how she said "Matt's at a point where he can just chill". She was trying to point out that he's more mature than Gary. But I was like, "What point?" Unemployed? Children left behind? That's the point where you can chill? Okay then. 

I don't care much for Gary and his shady, egging it on ways, but I applaud him for getting Leah into therapy. She's always seemed like a pretty well adjusted kid, despite EVERYTHING she's been through. But this recent hesitancy to go to Mommy's, combined with all the changes in her life, might be more than she can take. It'll be good for her to have someone trying to help her work through all that. 

I really think Brandon and Teresa are saints, to travel all that way in order to attend the wedding, to bring the kids. They allow Tyler and Caitlin SO much; I can't believe Tyler would ever dare complain about any of that. And I think it was real shitty that they didn't give B&T a head's up until they were already all in the location. I wonder how Butch will react to being told he can't meet them. Frankly, I don't blame them. Butch makes for comical TV, but I'm not sure I'd want him making sock puppets for MY child and then heading back off to prison. 

Tyler's suicide attempt - how awful. But I thought it was even more awful that he literally forgot Nick was sitting RIGHT THERE! And then proceeded to talk about it anyway. Anything for some attention, right bro? 

I highly, highly doubt that Carlee was calling Tyler "daddy". She has zero reason to do so. She has a daddy, and Tyler is someone she has pretty infrequent contact with. Actually, I think this open relationship, despite only seeing her once a year, might be too much for them. At least for Caitlin. She doesn't seem to be handling it very well. I feel bad for her. 

Ryan, I just can't with you. Yes, sometimes Maci comes off as a controlling bitch, but then you go and prove WHY she has to be a "controlling bitch". She gives you a chance to pick the kid up from school and you're 15 minutes late!!! Fifteen minutes is a long time for a 6-year-old. He probably got scared and was wondering if anyone was even going to pick him up. And WHY were you late? What was so pressing? Probably nothing. Probably still sleeping. Then he stops to get food, for HIMSELF. Bentley clearly wanted to go home, Ryan couldn't have stopped for food after? 

And he doesn't even know the name of the kid Bentley is close enough friends with to have a sleepover. Ryan is such an uninvolved parent, so he can spare me with his protestations about not getting enough time. 

• Love 16
Sophia is creepy as hell man. That redrum Shining voice she does freaks me out. And she looks exactly like Daddy Derek's father. I think even the evil twin from Teen Mom 2 would be creeped out by her.

Gracie is like an adorable, woodland sprite compared to Sophia. At least she makes toast for her sisters. Sophia would probably burn the kitchen down. Intentionally. 

I believe the cousins name is Krystal?

Yup. And both those boys were hers. I swear they both had "L" names, but I can't recall what the other one was. No idea who any of the fathers are, and I'm sure it is plural. Wasn't there some thing in the past seasons about her ex not wanting his kid(s) filmed???

. And 3) Farrah said she wants to adopt a child, and she and Sophia are "super excited" about it (like it's a reality)

I've known people who have adopted, and sometimes I have commiserated with them over how hard the process can be. But when I hear someone like Farrah express interest in adopting, I breathe a huge sigh of relief, knowing she'll never be able to jump through all the hoops. 

• Love 8

My favorite (most horrible) part of Farrah reading the news story to Sophia was how she skipped over routine information and gave her a summary (this is about the kind of car he was driving) but read her the upsetting parts verbatim. Way to go, Farrah. Let's not bore the child.

• Love 9

My heart broke for Cate and her anxiety. I hope things improve for her with therapy.

Farrah and Sophia, ugh. Y'all nailed it in your comments so nothing to add. Just ugh.

I don't like Maci, but I side with her 99% when it comes to parenting Bentley. At a time when Ryan should have been doing his best to show he is respectful of the school schedule he was late. No wonder she had concerns about Bentley making it to school on time if he is in charge. Some kids get REALLY upset about being late to school because they get escorted to class and get in trouble with the teacher.

LOL about Amber complaining about doing a better job on Leah's hair last week and this week she's lounging in bed allowing Leah to be filmed with some messed up hair.

• Love 5

I forgot to comment on Amber.... it really is too much that on the rare times that she has Leah that she can't set an alarm and get up to spend time with her.  Most parents are either woken up, wake up, or set an alarm to rise with their children at some point.  I have been doing this for years on the weekends...I sleep a little past my normal weekday time but get up at a reasonable time (way before 10) on the weekends.  

If she can't prove she would be willing to take care of her child in the mornings than she can't prove to me that she wants her child living there at all.  It is not like her life is so taxing that she needs the extra rest.

Edited by alexa
  • Love 7

Yup. And both those boys were hers. I swear they both had "L" names, but I can't recall what the other one was. No idea who any of the fathers are, and I'm sure it is plural. Wasn't there some thing in the past seasons about her ex not wanting his kid(s) filmed???

They were Landyn and Logyn. I remember because I made such a stank face when I read the names. Why do people murder the correct spelling?!?!?!

• Love 6

Farrah sure changes her opinion on Daddy Derek often. I thought he treated her like shit.   Also, Sophia saying that she wanted to die kinda broke my heart. Even though she's a brat.

Maci: Ryan is  an asshole. He'll never change.

Catelynn: Maybe Carly not coming to the wedding would've been better. She and Ty sure seem obsessed with her. Also, the Tyler suicide story was heartbreaking.

Amber: You can do better in the boyfriend department.

• Love 2

I've known people who have adopted, and sometimes I have commiserated with them over how hard the process can be. But when I hear someone like Farrah express interest in adopting, I breathe a huge sigh of relief, knowing she'll never be able to jump through all the hoops. 

And when Farrah is asked to fulfill any requirements in the adoption process she'll lose interest and quit. The adoption authorities will be deemed as "haters" that don't want a child to go to a home as wonderful as Farrah's. 

• Love 8

Another glaring example of  Ryan's inability to be in touch with even the most basic parenting role; when he was having a meal with his friend and they were talking about Bentley's first day of first grade, Ryan, in all his wisdom said that not being there to see him was no big deal. "First grade is just another grade" or some such nonsense. "There will be lots of other grades." Ugh, no Ryan, it is a big deal, to your child. And the look on his friend's face was like "wtf?" But ok, Ryan, keep shoveling food in and telling yourself that. But don't bother looking for that "Daddy Of The Year" award, it's not coming.

• Love 3
I don't like Maci, but I side with her 99% when it comes to parenting Bentley. At a time when Ryan should have been doing his best to show he is respectful of the school schedule he was late. No wonder she had concerns about Bentley making it to school on time if he is in charge. Some kids get REALLY upset about being late to school because they get escorted to class and get in trouble with the teacher.

I completely agree. Maci irritates me, and sometimes I think she says "no" to Ryan just because she can. But at the end of the day, I think she is doing a good job with her son. Bentley seems like a pretty normal kid, no major issues. I think she just wants to keep things consistent and stable for him, and Ryan is none of those things. His parents are consistent and stable, and Ryan just pops up when he's not sleeping or out with his friends. Bentley seemed majorly stressed that Ryan was late, imagine if he had him late TO school Monday morning. I don't blame Maci for not trusting Ryan. 

• Love 5