Type keyword(s) to search

Media Things

• Start Topic

Maybe this will finally end the debate: ‘Stranger Things’ Star Noah Schnapp on Doja Cat, Season 5, and Will’s Sexuality: ‘He Is Gay and He Does Love Mike’ (EXCLUSIVE)

"I mean, it’s pretty clear this season that Will has feelings for Mike. They’ve been intentionally pulling that out over the past few seasons. Even in Season 1, they hinted at that and slowly, slowly grew that storyline. I think for Season 4, it was just me playing this character who loves his best friend but struggles with knowing if he’ll be accepted or not, and feeling like a mistake and like he doesn’t belong."

"Obviously, it was hinted at in Season 1: It was always kind of there, but you never really knew, is it just him growing up slower than his friends? Now that he’s gotten older, they made it a very real, obvious thing. Now it’s 100% clear that he is gay and he does love Mike."

"The Duffers are saying for next season that they’re going to focus more on Will and build that storyline. I think that’s super exciting."

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Cranberry said:

"The Duffers are saying for next season that they’re going to focus more on Will and build that storyline. I think that’s super exciting."

Yeah, watching Will confess to Mike, and all the awkwardness & Will's heartbreak due to Mike not feeling the same - due to Mike's likely not even being bi-curious - will be super exciting to watch.

Not.

Although, I will say, I still feel that Will (& El!) could do better than Mike, for a romantic partner.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, QuantumMechanic said:

Mike has gotten terrible.

Yes.

I fully realize he's still a younger teen and has a lot of time & room to grow emotionally, maturity-wise and such, but right now his relationship with El has lots of bad/wrong vibes.  Comes off as wanting to be controlling and is very needy of her to need him, most the time.

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Yes.

I fully realize he's still a younger teen and has a lot of time & room to grow emotionally, maturity-wise and such, but right now his relationship with El has lots of bad/wrong vibes.  Comes off as wanting to be controlling and is very needy of her to need him, most the time.

Yes.  Are people supposed to be rooting for Mike and El?  I’m not a teen so maybe I’m not supposed to see it but I don’t see it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ch1 said:

Yes.  Are people supposed to be rooting for Mike and El?  I’m not a teen so maybe I’m not supposed to see it but I don’t see it.

I wouldn't mind seeing El in a healthy happy relationship because she deserves something good in her life, but Mike - as he is currently, and has been since S2 - is not the person she should be involved with romantically.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing El in a healthy happy relationship because she deserves something good in her life, but Mike - as he is currently, and has been since S2 - is not the person she should be involved with romantically.

I would like to see her figure herself out.  She started to seem like she was coming into her own when she became friends with Max but it seems like she regressed after she thought Hopper died and she lost her powers.  El needs to know her worth outside of being a hero.  

I think if the show ends with Hopper/Joyce together and El winds up with 2 parents and 2 brothers who love her and a group of friends that love her no matter if she is a super hero or not - that would be a fantastic end for El.  

• Like 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, ch1 said:

I would like to see her figure herself out.  She started to seem like she was coming into her own when she became friends with Max but it seems like she regressed after she thought Hopper died and she lost her powers.  El needs to know her worth outside of being a hero.  

I think if the show ends with Hopper/Joyce together and El winds up with 2 parents and 2 brothers who love her and a group of friends that love her no matter if she is a super hero or not - that would be a fantastic end for El.  

I'd like to see that plus permanently losing her powers as part of taking Vecna down.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 7/15/2022 at 11:50 AM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Playing off of this, its a bit of a shame they made Will gay, because I would have shipped him & El so hard - even if only in my own 'fanon' mind.  Both deserve good and happiness, and would have been a great match, from that perspective.

(And for the "but their sorta like brother and sister!" crowd...  after watching the first few seasons of The Flash, pseudo-incest doesn't even begin to register on my radar for 'that's disgusting' anymore)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Correction: A previous version of this article incorrectly stated that a season one episode of Stranger Things had been edited retroactively to remove a shot of Jonathan photographing Nancy while she was changing.

They're actually correcting a continuity error about Will's birthday. I'm glad they're not changing that scene with Jonathan.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

The Duffers said they were going to change the date of Will’s birthday because they completely forgot the date in season 4 but I don’t know if they were serious about that.

I think changing things in previous seasons is silly and honestly who would have time for that?

(edited)

Whatever they're changing, be it Will's bday or the 'peeper' scene...  c'mon now.

Will's bday writing mishap is a noticeable mistake but its not a series breaker by any stretch.

And the other retroactive change possibility, the 'peep' scene?  Ridiculous.  We wouldn't want to give people the wrong ideas on how to use their cameras... I mean, its not like pervs have been using cameras to do that kind of stuff since they were invented or anything.  Oh, wait.  
(Disclaimer: I'm not saying that invading someone's privacy in such a way is in any way right nor condone such actions, but its not something that is brand new to American culture)

Its cool to portray 16-17yo teenagers underage drinking and potentially having unsafe sex in the very same scene set, but a guy taking 'paparazzi' shots of the upper half of a girl still wearing her bra?  That's unacceptable and where we draw the line!

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Its cool to portray 16-17yo teenagers underage drinking and potentially having unsafe sex in the very same scene set, but a guy taking 'paparazzi' shots of the upper half of a girl still wearing her bra?  That's unacceptable and where we draw the line!

Not to mention, several of the following scenes would have to be taken out or changed as well or their storylines make no sense. Jonathan developing the pics and his classmate seeing them, Steve finding out and breaking his camera, Steve changing the theater sign, etc. It would be silly to make all those changes. Just find a fainting couch, get some damn smelling salts, and get over it.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Admittedly, this is a lesser award than an Emmy or a SAG, but it's still great to see Sadie Sink receive recognition. She was terrific this season.

Proud Mary, keep on rollin! Love that song.

I agree, Sadie is such a phenomenal actress. She’s filled with talent. Filled to the brim. She is awesome!

On 11/26/2023 at 6:51 AM, andidante said:

Is anybody even going to care by then? LOL

I will! I don't even care if the "kids" are still playing their teenage selves.  In this crazy world where demogorgans and The Upside Down are real what is age.

• Like 4
On 11/27/2023 at 11:45 PM, theredhead77 said:

I will! I don't even care if the "kids" are still playing their teenage selves.  In this crazy world where demogorgans and The Upside Down are real what is age.

Hey now, c’mon y’all.  If a 30-year-old Olivia Newton-John could pull off playing a high school senior in Grease, then this cast shouldn’t have any problem whatsoever.  Besides, that’s what makeup is for. 😉

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
On 12/26/2023 at 5:49 PM, blueray said:

2026, why so long? Assuming they are writing it now, start filming it late spring/ early summer. I feel like a 2025 date would do able.

My guess is special effects take time to do well. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

My guess is special effects take time to do well. 

Not to mention figuring out how to outdo the previous season, because topping

Spoiler

Eddie’s Last Solo

is gonna be HARD.

• Like 1