• Start Topic

Screen Actors Guild Award nominations:

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series - David Harbour

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series

Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Comedy or Drama Series

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Well we knew it all along but still, BEST VALENTINES DAY PRESENT EVER!

the muppets dancing GIF

I am so ready for Eleven to kick some Russian ass.

Yes, its not a surprise, just a confirmation! Woo hoo! 

• Love 1

THR interview with the Duffers about S4

And the important tidbits:

What's the status of shooting season four?

ROSS Everyone's excited to get back to work, but the priority is the safety of the cast and crew, and that will dictate when we go back.

MATT We've had a lot more time to work on the scripts. For the first time, we have all the scripts written and we're able to look at it as a whole piece and make adjustments.

Will season four be the last?

ROSS Season four won't be the end. We know what the end is, and we know when it is. [The pandemic] has given us time to look ahead, figure out what is best for the show. Starting to fill that out gave us a better idea of how long we need to tell that story.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Stranger Things drive in experience is coming!

Drive into Hawkins from the safety of your car

Attention all Stranger Things fans! It’s time to travel back in time to 1985 and become a Hawkins resident - in real life. Adventure calls, so gather your friends and drive to the Starcourt Mall. Immerse yourself in the thrilling world of Stranger Things, where you will take part in a "drive-into" experience like no other.

You will unlock the untold story of Hawkins in this unique format event - all from the safety of your car. In a central DTLA location, you’ll dive into and explore a living, breathing story to savour some of the best moments from the Netflix series and maybe even witness some unforeseen and unusual occurrences.

Discover the Upside Down

The year is 1985 and a world of bitchin’ tunes, mullets and monster hunts awaits. Hop into your car, drive to the Starcourt Mall and find yourself at the heart of the action. In a town built on secrets, you may be surprised to discover a more sinister truth than you had ever imagined.

Expect real-life locations from the series and mind-blowing audio and visual effects. This adventure is Eleven out of 10! But beware, things can quickly turn uʍop ǝpᴉsdn.

Date: From October 2020
Duration: > 1h
Age requirement: Recommended to 13+
Price: Tickets start at $59 per car

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I'm really looking forward to seeing Robert Englund and Tom Wlaschiha. Of the other actors listed, I only recognize Jamie Campbell Bower though I've never really gotten his appeal, but all the character descriptions sound interesting.

ETA: That seems like a lot of people to add to an already sizable ensemble.

Edited by krankydoodle
On 11/20/2020 at 12:05 PM, krankydoodle said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing Robert Englund and Tom Wlaschiha. Of the other actors listed, I only recognize Jamie Campbell Bower though I've never really gotten his appeal, but all the character descriptions sound interesting.

ETA: That seems like a lot of people to add to an already sizable ensemble.

I hadn't seen the additions, except for Robert Englund. 

I loves me some Jaqen H'ghar though! 

• Love 2

The character descriptions are interesting and I'm intrigued, but eight new male characters and zero new female characters? Weird. Maybe they're introducing some new women later... although I agree that even these eight guys are a lot to add to an already-large cast.

• Love 1

More casting information:

The Netflix breakout has added Amybeth McNulty, Myles Truitt, Regina Ting Chen and Grace Van Dien in recurring parts. All four will play characters connected to Hawkins High School in the fourth season, which is in production in Atlanta. 

The Duffers are apparently big Anne of Green Gables fans and specifically wanted McNulty on the show:

• Love 1

It’s October, 1983. There’s a monster lurking in Hawkins, Indiana, chewing people up, spitting them out. And Robin Buckley knows exactly what this monster’s name is: Hawkins High School.

Netflix and Atypical Artists announce an original full-cast fiction podcast based on Stranger Things 3 breakout character, Robin Buckley. Rebel Robin: Surviving Hawkins is the podcast companion to the forthcoming YA novel, Stranger Things: Rebel Robin by acclaimed author A.R. Capetta and published by Random House Books for Young Readers.

Starring Maya Hawke (Stranger Things, Little Women) and Sean Maher (Firefly, voice of Nightwing). This six episode fiction podcast series premieres on June 29 with new episodes weekly. Available everywhere you get your podcasts. Written and directed by Lauren Shippen (The Bright Sessions, Marvels). 

On 6/9/2021 at 5:08 PM, SeanC said:

More casting information:

The Duffers are apparently big Anne of Green Gables fans and specifically wanted McNulty on the show:

I hope the character is good because the cast was already bloated to begin with. Great that this time it is another girl, but I always worry when a character is created or cast just to have the actor. 

• Love 2
On 11/11/2021 at 9:13 AM, blueray said:

Summer 2022, wow that is really far away. I was hoping it was going to drop on New Years. 

Cobra Kai is New Years I believe. Netflix has a tendency to space out popular shows so their premieres don't coincide. I was hoping for February-March though. 

Trailer looks interesting. It looks like most of it will take place California/west rather than Hawkins? I'm hoping for more El character development/coming of age/existentialism over the mind flayer arc that has consumed the show for the past 3 seasons. 

• Love 2

From Netflix on Facebook:

———————

Stranger Things fans, at long last we can finally reveal when the new season will be premiering!! 

Stranger Things 4 is coming to you in two parts: Volume 1 premieres May 27 and Volume 2 quickly follows on July 1.

Not only is Stranger Things 4 going to be the most intense season so far, but it’s also going to be the biggest!  Nearly every episode is super-sized — literally! That means Season 4 is 2x as long as Season 3! 

And the reason Season 4 is so jam-packed with new locations, new characters, and the biggest threat yet is because these episodes set up the show’s final act! 

Yes, Season 5 will be the epic conclusion to this story — which is how the creators have always envisioned it.

While this chapter is coming to an end, the Duffers believe there are more new adventures and stories to be told.

————-

ETA: Facebook link

Edited by Nashville
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Yes, Season 5 will be the epic conclusion to this story — which is how the creators have always envisioned it.

If it wasn’t before, it is now; thanks to all the unavoidable COVID-associated delays, all their cast “kids” are hitting the 18-to-21yo age mark IRL this year - which makes maintaining the “fresh-faced kids just learning how to navigate high school” facade that much more difficult.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

If it wasn’t before, it is now; thanks to all the unavoidable COVID-associated delays, all their cast “kids” are hitting the 18-to-21yo age mark IRL this year - which makes maintaining the “fresh-faced kids just learning how to navigate high school” facade that much more difficult.

What about the actors playing the older teens?  They’re all closer to their 30s now then teens.  They all might be 30 when the show is done.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, QuantumMechanic said:

Also (not original with me), when Max is sitting in front of her brother's grave it says "Billy Hargrove".  But in the levitation scene it says "William Hargrove".

Maybe it got damaged and had to be replaced?

5 hours ago, janie jones said:

Maybe it got damaged and had to be replaced?

Considering the unavoidable but considerable realtime gap between seasons, we’re lucky we’re not saying that in terms of describing half the cast….

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, QuantumMechanic said:

Max levitating??

Also (not original with me), when Max is sitting in front of her brother's grave it says "Billy Hargrove".  But in the levitation scene it says "William Hargrove".

I wonder if they just digitally edited his tombstone for the opening of the  trailer because they thought the average viewer wouldn't recognize that William = Billy.

• Love 1