Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor In The Media

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

There’s a new competitive reality show coming to Peacock called The Traitors and rumor is Cirie and Stephanie are on it.

Interesting...sounds like The Mole but in a Scottish castle and with multiple moles. Unfortunately, there are also a couple of rumored Big Brother contestants, one of whom would really dampen my enthusiasm for watching. And Stephenie's not exactly a big draw for me to begin with.

But a Scottish castle! Ooooo! 😀

(edited)
4 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

Interesting...sounds like The Mole but in a Scottish castle and with multiple moles. Unfortunately, there are also a couple of rumored Big Brother contestants, one of whom would really dampen my enthusiasm for watching. And Stephenie's not exactly a big draw for me to begin with.

But a Scottish castle! Ooooo! 😀

I agree, sounds kind of intriguing (and I loved and dearly miss The Mole-thank you Netflix for the reruns!)  Since Peacock is affiliated with NBC, it's interesting that they are taking contestants from other reality shows.  Which, I don't think Peacock has a large pool to choose from like CBS and ABC, but still kind of a nice change than when CBS or ABC populate their reality shows with contestants from their other reality shows.  And this rumored cast is, well, interesting lol  Not all names I would necessarily expect.

If Stephenie loses badly and limps along until she (and we) are finally out of her misery, then that's worth tuning in for the meltdowns alone.  Bonus points if there's team challenges and her team always loses.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
(edited)

On the plus side…Alan Cumming hosting and Cirie. There are 10 reality newbies and ten from various reality shows.   On the negative…see below

0D584163-AE2B-4CB6-9930-73C22F14C25D.jpeg

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

If Stephenie loses badly and limps along until she (and we) are finally out of her misery, then that's worth tuning in for for the meltdowns alone.  Bonus points if there's team challenges and her team always loses.

"Ughhh this happens to me every tiiiiime, whyyyyyy"

(edited)
4 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

As much as I like Cirie . . . I'm not getting Peacock to see that. Also, I don't want to see Rachel

Agreed.  The concept and location sound great, but Alan Cumming and Cirie (and Stephenie) cannot cancel out the bad taste of the rest of the cast, especially the RHT.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 2

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-42-finale-jeff-probst-winner-interview/

Probst says that the finales like we had last season, where the votes are read immediately and they do a reunion, are here to stay for now (and my guess is forever).  He loves this final 5 and the S42 cast as a whole, and would play another season with this entire group.  Unlike when he said this about the S30 cast, at least he has better taste this time.

As for future twists of the series:

Here's a big hint to future players: When we say this is a new era of the game, we mean it. We are establishing new markers. So things like small tribes, earn the merge, no food, risk/reward dilemmas, Shot In The Dark, are here to stay. Other specific twists will come and go depending on the season. 

The next group of players now has a bit of insight into this new version of Survivor. They're already thinking about when and how to best use a Shot In The Dark, or what they might do if they are presented with a risk/reward scenario? Or how do you keep an advantage a secret with a game design that is so public? We don't want everything to be a surprise. Instead, we're building a new foundation of game elements and leaving it to the players to figure out how best to play. 

• Love 3

Lots of stuff cancelled today on TV because of the horrific events in Texas. IF, and that is a big IF, CBS wants to preempt in favor of news coverage, any idea how that would work. I don't remember Survivor ever being preempted though. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this mods. 

A rather tardy reply or reaction to the article LadyChatts posted earlier in the week (I meant to post prior to the finale or soon after, and not on a Saturday night in a holiday weekend at my place over being out on the town in decent weather and good times).  FWIW, I thought it was a great article from Jeff, and the interview pretty much points out what to expect going forward.

There was significant discussion on the new format related to the new way they’re doing the finale & reunion during the finale chat and aftermath (episode thread).  Meh; I’m okay with what they did this year at the end of the day.  While there are some disagreements and things I and maybe others agree on, Jeff stated the reasons for it, and it’s fair enough (right now).  Times change and things are different in all aspects of life, especially TV programming.

It was tradition back in the day with Survivor on Thursdays, the finale on Sunday, and the spring reunions in New York.  Plus, some of the catchphrases, a final 2, paying tribute to the cast before the final IC.  In addition, winning a car, no advantages, and a ton more including something I thought of for a second but forgot (probably the season location).  In brief, when all of those things (well most of those things) ended, I was like awww, but then if it were up to me to return to it, I’d say nah.  Can’t return to Thursday for obvious reason, Sunday finales force a major conflict, and the New York location isn’t a big deal, at least for me.  I’ll explain that later.

This year’s format was necessary as mentioned due to the obvious, but at the same time, fair enough.  Changes are necessary to keep the show current and really on the air.  Also, I guess there’s a budget.  Both the Season 40 finale and this year’s have their pros and cons.  You were away from the cast, but alone with your loved ones in S40.  The entire season’s cast participated.  This year, no loved ones but the jury and finalists were together.

I imagine they’re stick to this format regardless of what happens for season’s 43-44.  I’m not betting they’ll make minor changes, but at the very least, I’d prefer they wait 24 hours to give the Top 4 / Final 3 a chance to recover & clean up.  It’s not a crime to have the final people all recovered & clean like the jury, prior to Final Tribal Council, especially if you’re going to do the reunion right away on site.  I’d also love to see the families of the last 5 present.  It’s decent to have loved ones with you during a big moment.  In addition, it would be nice to have the people booted pre-jury present.

Obviously they couldn’t do all that this year, and I don’t see the need to do it next year.  The reason of fewer people is definitely fair, especially the family part who’ll likely blow it in terms of secrecy.

As mentioned, the twists are going nowhere, and I’m okay with that.  Not a fan (in certain cases), but it’s fair enough.  They are never going back to a basics-filled season.  Maybe for a show or two, but going forward the players will have benefits from others seasons that past players didn’t have.

Probst pimping this cast is rather routine.  BTW, if you loved this cast, then everyone should’ve been present in the finale!  All joking aside, Jeff might actually mean it this time, but I think I’d definitely see the Top 11 back again.  Probably not simultaneously, but if so, that would be great if you brought in 9 of the greatest for a nice 20-member season. 

I’ll miss the live reunion as much as I will not.  I believe they’ve become stale, and the length of those sorta indicated that.  Down the road, I’d prefer a reunion once a year as opposed to twice a (TV) year.  The logistics would have to be worked out (to make it worth the time).  It was nice to see everyone completely glorified, more than they would be on a jury in-game.  Plus, as someone that used to attend the post show, finale, and after parties, it’s sad it may be gone forever.  While it’s not on my mind at all right now, and while I have no plans of attending anything this year and what not, I’ll always cherish the good times.  With a busy schedule added to the fact that it’s on opposite coasts in addition to mid week, it’s not a big deal.

In conclusion, whatever it takes to keep one of the best TV shows & reality competition on the air is good for me.  It would be totally awesome if & when they’re celebrating 25 years and 50 seasons with Burnett, Probst, past legends and whomever else

• Love 2

I do love the low-key feeling of the reunion. I said it last season and I'll say it again. But I think they can tweak it --

After the votes are cast, send everyone to Ponderosa for the night. Maybe the jury and final 3 are segregated so they don't harass the jury for information. But let the final 3 get their clean clothes, a good night's sleep, and some decent food. The thing about the live reunion (and the jury) that always made me smile was seeing everyone cleaned up and relaxed, and going right to the aftershow is hard because you don't get that reset. I think this would be a fair compromise -- there's still suspense leading up to who won, but it's not such a heavy whiplash going from one to the other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Well, hell, I could use 100K. Maybe I should apply for Season 45—forget winning, I just have to find some baby turtles to save, then wait for Sia to cut me a check. "Thank you so much! I love Zero 7!"

• LOL 5
9 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I wonder what it was about Drea's play that caused Sia to give her the money.

My guess: it wasn't Drea's overall play, but one particular play.  Specifically, that one TC.

I can imagine Sia thinking that Drea and Maryanne both deserved to be rewarded for what they said and did at that TC, and was thinking of giving them both a prize.  But then Maryanne won the whole thing, so she doesn't need the bonus. ( And I don't recall Sia awarding her prizes to winners in other seasons, so that also fits.)  Hence Drea getting the only Sia money.

• Useful 4

It's very generous of Sia to share her wealth, but this is one positive thing about the island after show, no Sia, or anybody else besides the cast, to eat up the short amount of time.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I found this over at Reddit.  It's from Omar's RHAP interview, and dang, it sounds like Drea really took things personally in this game.  Here's the breakdown with links to Youtube at those specific moments.  Now I'm kind of annoyed that Drea got the Sia award, especially with some of the lies Omar said she spread about him and his gameplay.  This sounds like how Shan wouldn't let things go after she got voted out and was still in game mode.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I found this over at Reddit.  It's from Omar's RHAP interview, and dang, it sounds like Drea really took things personally in this game.  Here's the breakdown with links to Youtube at those specific moments.  Now I'm kind of annoyed that Drea got the Sia award, especially with some of the lies Omar said she spread about him and his gameplay.  This sounds like how Shan wouldn't let things go after she got voted out and was still in game mode.  

I just finishing to the RHAP deep dive with Omar. The one time we don’t have the Ponderosa videos for back up evidence. It sounds like there were enough witnesses to confirm it though. I am curious to see if Drea does the deep dive to either deny or confirm the accusations. 

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I just finishing to the RHAP deep dive with Omar. The one time we don’t have the Ponderosa videos for back up evidence. It sounds like there were enough witnesses to confirm it though. I am curious to see if Drea does the deep dive to either deny or confirm the accusations. 

I'm actually wondering if we didn't have a Ponderosa for this reason.  I really don't believe we didn't have it for the first time since it first started in season 16, because of budget or staffing issues.  There had to be a reason that the show was trying to protect itself or the season's image.  Drea made some pretty serious and (imo) despicable accusations.  From things I read in exit interviews with both her and other castaways, I didn't think she was a very nice person.  I believe she didn't like getting outplayed and being made a fool of.  I thought Chanelle was a legend in her own mind, but that honor might go to Drea. 

Anyway, I'm #TeamOmar here.  I really don't think he'd make these accusations, knowing they could get destroyed by others who were there, or would intentionally make things like this up.  Some of this stuff was pretty personal, and corroborates what he said in earlier exit interviews about Drea making attacks against him as a person and going beyond the game.   

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

This makes me wonder if Romeo was really on the bottom because he was paranoid, or if he was paranoid because Drea wanted nothing to do with him post-merge. 

I have always suspected it had a lot to do with Drea just dropping him. Your #1 ally dropping you like that would make anyone paranoid.

• Love 4

I don't know; I think many of them may have gotten a good edit, including Omar. I loved him all season, but I started to side-eye him after that ridiculous comment he made about how he lied about Hai, but he didn't really lie because he felt like Hai was thinking Mike was a puppet; therefore when Omar told Mike that Hai said it even though he didn't, Omar was really kind of telling the truth. I mean, WTF kind of nonsense is that. It was a lie. He knew he lied. He admitted he lied in a confessional, and it's only now he's backtracking. So bottom line for me is that while Drea may have said some shit about Omar, I don't necessarily believe she did if Omar's the one telling us about it. And even if she did lie about him, then according to his logic, if she felt it was true, then how could it be a lie?

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

This makes me wonder if Romeo was really on the bottom because he was paranoid, or if he was paranoid because Drea wanted nothing to do with him post-merge. 

According to Romeo, Drea offered him to be 9th in the alliance at the merge, but dropped him when she found out he was allied with Tori.  I can’t remember if it was Romeo or MaryAnne who said at the merge that Romeo, MaryAnne, Chanelle, and Tori were all ostracized and ignored by the bigger alliance.  Drea claims she had no respect for MaryAnne or Romeo because they weren’t playing the game and sat around, but Omar said of MaryAnne at least that she couldn’t play the game at the start of the merge because she didn’t have numbers.  I always felt like Drea just looked down on anyone not playing the kind of game she thought they should be playing, even if it varied from her own game play.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, pennben said:

Hmmm, the Ponderosa discussion in Omar’s deep dive is now edited out.  Methinks CBS had a word and didn’t want the tension out in the open.  

I saw some people at Reddit say it was edited out of some platforms, but not others.  Drea apparently posted something on Twitter that the stories were untrue, but deleted that tweet and is now blocking people calling her out for it.  Considering these attacks, if true (which I don't see what Omar would have to gain by lying), and the fact she's made nice with Jonathan and Romeo but not made amends with him or apologized...I don't know, I think she might have dug herself a hole and can't get out.  I'm also wondering if she's continued making these allegations to the cast after all this time, and that's why Omar decided to call her out.  These are serious accusations to make towards a contestant, with some people calling her Islamophobic because of it, and if she did lie she would have to admit to the cast that she did make Omar out to be racist and that she made personal lies against him and his faith.  I don't know if anyone has backed Omar up, but no one has disputed what he had to say, either, that I've seen.   

I do agree that CBS probably doesn't like that the Sia award winner and the contestant who had a chunk of an episode dedicated to her on a race based conversations is getting painted in this light.  Not sure if they had anything to do with it or not, but I wouldn't be surprised.    

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I tend to believe Omar because he had mentioned that other people had witness it and so far no has come forward to say otherwise. I don’t follow Drea or any of the Survivor players on twitter but it sounds like she denied it but then deleted the post. I guess we can count her out for a deep dive with RHAP. I watched the whole interview with Rob but I haven’t seen it since then to see if his accusations were cut out or not. The drama of it all. The whole Ponderosa part was odd to begin with and now with these accusations they might be key evidence if needed or wanted.  Now, we’ll never get a Ponderosa again. Another favorite thing cut from the show. Ugh!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I cannot find that Deep Dive on YouTube. I am in Rob Has a Pdocast right now and I see the 5 hour long one with Maryanne but the Omar one is not there.

The podcast is still up on this page, but the video has been made private.

On Reddit, a poster said Rob told his Patreon group that he had to remove the part about Ponderosa. Rob usually doesn’t censor or allow himself to be bullied about removing content, so I think CBS telling him to take it down is a good guess.  Unless Drea threatened him with legal action, but he might have welcomed that as it could actually expose what she did.  It seems more likely he wouldn’t want to rock the boat with CBS.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

On Reddit, a poster said Rob told his Patreon group that he had to remove the part about Ponderosa. Rob usually doesn’t censor or allow himself to be bullied about removing content, so I think CBS telling him to take it down is a good guess.  Unless Drea threatened him with legal action, but he might have welcomed that as it could actually expose what she did.  It seems more likely he wouldn’t want to rock the boat with CBS.

And, luckily that part of the Ponderosa discussion was a the end of the whole interview. It was probably a seemless edit. Had in been dropped throughout the whole video it might have been a real cluster you know what. LOL!!!!

• LOL 1

Maryanne is a damn delight! I’m at 2ish plus hours in, we’re just at the pre-merge & I do not feel like there has been a second in this deep dive that I wish were edited. Joyous, deserving (as all winners are) winner!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

They need Tori to mediate so they can work out these issues.

Somehow I got this visual of the S42 cast staging an intervention with Tori leading the way, and Drea being tricked to showing up.  And dang, would I be there for Tori trying some of her therapeutic techniques on Drea.  Maybe they should throw them all in the Big Brother house and let them duke it out there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
For anyone interested, Tori said on her IG that she's going to start a series on her Youtube channel (Tori the Therapist) about her experiences at Ponderosa.  She posted photos on her IG page already.  
Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:
For anyone interested, Tori said on her IG that she's going to start a series on her Youtube channel (Tori the Therapist) about her experiences at Ponderosa.  She posted photos on her IG page already.  

I wouldn't expect a lot of juicy gossip from these, considering Tori's therapist aspirations, her seemingly universally beloved status among the others (except possibly Drea), and potential legal action by Drea over Omar's comments. But hopefully there will be some insight into what went down.

The photos she posted seem to show a happy crew; Chanelle and Lindsay have also posted photos with fond memories. So it appears they managed to have at least a partial good time, for which I'm glad.

6 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

I wouldn't expect a lot of juicy gossip from these, considering Tori's therapist aspirations, her seemingly universally beloved status among the others (except possibly Drea), and potential legal action by Drea over Omar's comments. But hopefully there will be some insight into what went down.

The photos she posted seem to show a happy crew; Chanelle and Lindsay have also posted photos with fond memories. So it appears they managed to have at least a partial good time, for which I'm glad.

I wonder if it's Drea or CBS.  I think people would be more afraid of CBS.  With Drea, they may just not want to take it that far, but someone else might call her bluff.  Which could lead to a whole trial of calling contestants from this season (including Drea) and swearing under oath whether or not she made these comments about Omar, and therefore was it defamatory for people to bring it up.  As I said, it probably wouldn't get that far, but I think this is more CBS.

I do find it a funny coincidence that she made this announcement after Omar's interview.  I'm sure that was a plan of hers all along, but just interesting she announced it after the fact.  I'd still like to give it a listen, it'll probably be fun regardless.  Who knew I'd be wanting to waste hours of my life on listening to something Tori was going to put out?

12 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I wonder if it's Drea or CBS.  I think people would be more afraid of CBS.  With Drea, they may just not want to take it that far, but someone else might call her bluff.  Which could lead to a whole trial of calling contestants from this season (including Drea) and swearing under oath whether or not she made these comments about Omar, and therefore was it defamatory for people to bring it up.  As I said, it probably wouldn't get that far, but I think this is more CBS.

I do find it a funny coincidence that she made this announcement after Omar's interview.  I'm sure that was a plan of hers all along, but just interesting she announced it after the fact.  I'd still like to give it a listen, it'll probably be fun regardless.  Who knew I'd be wanting to waste hours of my life on listening to something Tori was going to put out?

Fair point about Drea/CBS.

I looked at her Instagram story and it looks like the videos might be more focused on her Survivor experience in general, and in a therapist sort of vein? At least the one I saw didn't mention Ponderosa, just topics like "Survivor and body image", "Survivor and trauma triggers", etc. So it seems like more of a serious, career-related kind of thing and less of a "let's dish" kind of thing. Unless you saw something different?

3 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CecS7M3LUn5/

This was Tori's IG post about it.  She didn't really elaborate on how she was going to cover it, just that she was going to start posting videos this week about her Ponderosa experience.

Ah, ok, thanks. I saw that post and the photos, but didn't read her blurb that went with it where she mentioned the YouTube videos. This must be different from the video series she described in her IG story, which really sound like they're supposed to be helpful and analytical in a therapist sort of way.

Even if she doesn't cover the Omar/Drea stuff, I do hope we'll hear more about Tori and Chanelle. Apparently they were a f***ing delight and best buds at Ponderosa, and I want to know more!

6 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Bunch of Survivor alumni in the Challenge US including Danny, Tyson.Sarah and more. 
https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/the-challenge-usa-cast-revealed-photos/

Now that the cast is official, I'm kind of surprised by the choices.  On the one hand, I'm glad it's not the same old, same old people from Survivor and Big Brother that always show up on these types of shows.  But yeah, not entirely who I'd expect I guess.  Not sure if I'll watch but I might give it a try.

It had half the cast of Big Brother 23. Enzo looks surprisingly alert. I've never seen this show before but I think I'll watch so I can root against Shan.

• LOL 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

It had half the cast of Big Brother 23. Enzo looks surprisingly alert. I've never seen this show before but I think I'll watch so I can root against Shan.

This is a new spin off from the Challenge which I love.   

eta. Jonathan would have been kick ass in this.  Too bad it filmed before his season of Survivor aired.  

Edited by DEL901
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

This is a new spin off from the Challenge which I love.   

eta. Jonathan would have been kick ass in this.  Too bad it filmed before his season of Survivor aired.  

I’m sure he’ll be on the next one if it gets renewed by CBS. He’d be perfect for it. I might give it a gander. I think I’ve seen only one episode. I watched it back in the day when it was Real World bs Road Rules but that’s like 25 years ago. LOL!!!! I didn’t know anyone so it didn’t hold my interest.

Dom looks too old for this though. He’s 43 but what do I know. Maybe, he’s a beast. Sarah has a serious tat. Yikes! From reading the format preview it sounds like a good format with competitions which I like on Survivor but with less strategy and less alliance possibilities. It will be good mindless fun along with Big Brother to get me through the summer. I have no idea who has the best chance of winning which should make it less predictable for me. LOL!!!!

• Love 1