Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor In The Media

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Yet another new reality show with Big Brother and Survivor alumni, amongst others 

https://ew.com/tv/snake-in-the-grass-survivor-big-brother-naked-and-afraid-cast-premiere-date/

So is this different from that Paramount+ "Traitors" show that was mentioned on the last page, which was also a Mole-type show and ALSO featured Cirie, Stephenie, and Rachel from Big Brother but was in a Scottish castle? Or was that an early draft of the same show that had a location and title change?

(edited)
40 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

So is this different from that Paramount+ "Traitors" show that was mentioned on the last page, which was also a Mole-type show and ALSO featured Cirie, Stephenie, and Rachel from Big Brother but was in a Scottish castle? Or was that an early draft of the same show that had a location and title change?

First of all, yuck to Bobby Bones hosting this show.  Second, yay to more Yul and Malcolm!  But to answer your question, that’s a good question lol. The only reality show cast members here are Survivor, BB, and Naked and Afraid, and the other show was rumored to air on Peacock.  But I assume it’s the same show, sounds too similar.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

First of all, yuck to Bobby Bones hosting this show.  Second, yay to more Yul and Malcolm!  But to answer your question, that’s a good question lol. The only reality show cast members here are Survivor, BB, and Naked and Afraid, and the other show was rumored to air on Peacock.  But I assume it’s the same show, sounds too similar.  

Unfortunately, they took out the thing that would most make me want to watch it: the Scottish castle. If they were ever really going to be in a castle, that is. That might have just been a rumor.

(edited)
40 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

Unfortunately, they took out the thing that would most make me want to watch it: the Scottish castle. If they were ever really going to be in a castle, that is. That might have just been a rumor.

Yeah, I think I liked the other rumored format better.  This just seems like Survivor on a cheap budget.  I'll probably tune in, at least at first, as some of my favorite BB and Survivor players are on here, and I'm kind of curious.  I have a feeling it's probably going to be as bad as I'm envisioning, though lol 

ETA: So I'm seeing elsewhere people still think the other show is a go.  Redmond confirmed on Inside Survivor that this is in fact a different show from the 'traitors' show that is going to be airing on Peacock and hosted by Alan Cummings.  

https://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-alum-set-for-new-usa-network-reality-series-snake-in-the-grass-52980

It should be noted that despite sharing similar concepts and cast members (Cirie, Stephenie, & Rachel), this is an entirely different show from Peacock’s The Traitors, which Inside Survivor reported on last month. The Traitors, filmed in Scotland and hosted by Alan Cummings, sees 10 new faces and 10 ex-reality stars move into a castle and work together to earn money for the prize pot, while three contestants are secretly working as saboteurs. It is expected to air in 2023.

Snake in the Grass, on the other hand, was filmed in Central America and will feature a different group of players in each episode. The four players will be dropped into the jungle for 36 hours, where they must “compete in a series of grueling and mind-twisting challenges, from retrieving game pieces suspended on high wires over a 500-foot canyon to scaling the face of a cliff to solve puzzles.”

However, one of the four players is the Snake and will be trying to sabotage the others from winning those challenges. At the end of the 36 hours, the players are gathered in the Snake Pit to put forth their guesses as to the identity of the mole. If they are correct, the three of them split a $100,000 prize; if they are wrong, the Snake keeps all the money.

The show is hosted by radio star and Dancing with the Stars winner Bobby Bones and will premiere Monday, August 1, at 11 PM ET on the USA Network.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/20/2022 at 5:46 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

It's been a rough time for Parvati. She's seeking a restraining order against John Fincher for abusive behavior:

https://people.com/tv/survivors-parvati-shallow-requests-protective-order-against-ex-john-fincher/

She also lost her brother to a drug overdose not too long ago. Damn.

I saw the new Survivor promo about Survivor being about family or something. Boston Rob blah blah blah his kids. But I swear one quick shot was Parvati & John hugging. I swear I did a puzzled dog look (head crooked, like what?) b/c I remembered there was some bad blood between them. I tried to find the as to post but can’t. I’ve seen it a few times on CBS though. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-43-cast-photos-bios/

Season 43 cast is officially revealed

Thanks.

Damn, you can probably see Morriah from low orbit! She's gone all-in on multiple colors, and I bet that might blind some viewers. Here's one for any old Mets fans: Lindsey Nelson would probably be jealous of her outfit.

I really, really, REALLY hope Sami's occupation doesn't come up that often. Or at all.

Is Cody related to this guy? That's a hard name to forget.

I guess Probst and the others were butthurt Canadians went two-for-two, so none were cast this season.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

"Why do you believe you can be the Sole Survivor?"
Mike: "Yes!"

Hopefully he pays more attention in the actual game.

Can you imagine if Probst asks him at  tribal council 'so Mike, do you know how you're voting tonight' and he excitedly blurts out the person's name?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Can you imagine if Probst asks him at  tribal council 'so Mike, do you know how you're voting tonight' and he excitedly blurts out the person's name?

Naw, the one laughing face don’t get it - this deserves a 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆😄😄😄😁😁😁😅😅😅😝😝😝🤡🤡🤡🥸🥸🥸🤤🤤🤤💀.

• LOL 2

I just skimmed through the contestant bios posted here, and I feel like someone should start a pool on which one will be the first to exhibit one of their "pet peeve" traits.  Odds are pretty good that it will be someone with "laziness" - that seemed to be the choice for an awful lot of them.  Maybe they'll all end up on the same tribe...

• Like 1

Sneak peek #1 for episode 1 (Jeff giving his standard spiel/pep talk of how Survivor is a society and a game, but they control what goes down)

https://youtu.be/v7GjaJDM4os

Sneak peek #2 (nothing exciting, just the tribes finding out their tribe names and doing the mandatory 'woo-hoos!')

https://youtu.be/dfQmMBK4Tg8

Sneak peek #3 (footage from the challenge; following the same pattern of doing an immediate challenge on the beach when they first arrive)

https://youtu.be/d3WkoEe6Mss

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Exit interview from Morriah.  Nothing too earth shattering here.  She really wanted to work with the girls and pull Sami in, as she considered him strong.  She said she felt like she was probably going because everyone at TC suddenly got anti-kumbaya, but it sounds like she didn't sense it until TC.

She fully expected Mike to play his idol, and figured he was bluffing when he said he was going to play his shot in the dark.  She couldn't believe he'd have an idol and not play it.  

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-43-morriah-young-premiere-interview/

Last week in interviews, Lindsay says 2 reasons to vote Geo. One was weakness in first challenge. Second was ‘his story to tell’. Turns out the story was he was an alternate for season. That seems like non-story. I sort of like Lindsay a bit less, as it feels like she was suggesting he wasn’t worthy to be on season?  That he was an alternate isn’t a story, it’s just something that actually happens now and again. Am I ready this wrong?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, pennben said:

Last week in interviews, Lindsay says 2 reasons to vote Geo. One was weakness in first challenge. Second was ‘his story to tell’. Turns out the story was he was an alternate for season. That seems like non-story. I sort of like Lindsay a bit less, as it feels like she was suggesting he wasn’t worthy to be on season?  That he was an alternate isn’t a story, it’s just something that actually happens now and again. Am I ready this wrong?

If that’s Lindsay’s attitude, then I’m glad she’s gone pre-Jury.

• Applause 1

Here's an interview from Geo where he clarifies what Lindsay meant (I think).  He also mentioned being an alternate made him feel like he didn't fit in.  Worth noting that both he and Lindsay believe Karla is playing a really great game.  Lindsay had no idea she was playing both sides or had the idol (they actually went through Geo's bag and found a map that they believed was for the idol, but it was actually a map to find camp supplies).  And Geo credits her with this move over Cassidy, as the article title shows.

‘Survivor 43’: Geo Responds to Cassidy’s ‘Sassy’ Comments and Says ‘Karla Had the Bullets’ Not Her (msn.com)

Also, the second thing I know she has mentioned was that she–that I messed up the first challenge. And it was she kind of had mentioned that I wanted to do the running part, I remember. But I’m tell you how it went down. I was standing right next to James [Jones], and I remember James saying, but when, you know, it had to be two people with a big crate running and getting the big crates, two people doing the boat, and then the other two people doing the square, the puzzle. And I didn’t want to do the running part. But James had said that his knee was hurting and he couldn’t run. And–cause the first thing I did OK, let me look at the strongest guys here. Maybe they can go pick up the box. Then James go, ‘My knee hurts, bro, I can’t do it.’ I was like, ‘Oh, man. OK, then, I guess. I mean, I can run at least my knees not hurting.’ So Jeff [Probst] came and asked us, ‘Who is gonna do what part?’ I say,’ Ryan Medrano and I are gonna do the crates.’

Edited by LadyChatts
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Jeff Probst says the days of automatic Survivor merges are over

I only read like 2 answers. He's insufferable, I don't care to hear anymore lol.

I truly can't stand him.  And of course he loves the 90 minute or 2 hour episodes, more time to showcase him and his probing questions.  I hate the 90 minute and 2 hour episodes.  Unless there are going to be multiple boots, it's completely unnecessary and filled with filler.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I actually like the longer episodes because it’s less likely for players to be purpled in the edit.

But c’mon, how does one not “earn” the merge by not making it to that point in the game? Plus, there is so much less room to maneuver when over half of a merged tribe is immune. 

• Love 1

Probably those people he runs into on the street tell him how much they love the earn the merge twist.  I know he's still sour at Danny for complaining about the hourglass twist, and I love it.  I do hope the days of that are over at least.

But I don't really get this earn the merge like we had last week.  It was basically two tribes competing in a immunity challenge.  Just like tribes did before they merged.  Someone was always the last pre merge/pre jury boot.  What is so different that they haven't done every other season practically?  Even some seasons people didn't make the merge but still made the jury!  

• Like 1

Exit interview from Ryan.  I love how, when he's asked what happens, he answers it in the form of a recap:

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-43-ryan-medrano-interview/

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Okay, Ryan. What happened?

RYAN MEDRANO: I got voted out last night at Tribal Council. I got blindsided. I thought it was gonna go one way and it went the other. So it was a split. Two people had immunity. I was on the side where Cody was playing and he's a good competitor and I just slipped at the beginning of the challenge and I lost my balance and I could not outlast him, man. He's great.  

As to why he fished so much:

One of the main reasons I fished so much is because before my grandfather passed, he was a great fisherman. And I told him as a kid, about 14 years old, "I'm gonna take you fishing on the ocean." And he passed before I was able to do that. So I saw that water and I got this warm feeling in my heart every time and I thought, I'm gonna be out there with him. And it was like a zen moment of my life where I was able to enjoy something I'd never enjoyed. And it felt so natural. It felt so surreal that I wanted to be out there, and I wanted to work and I wanted to put myself up to a task.

He also said that he wished Cassidy had gotten her personal story package sooner, as he feels it helps to feel a connection to the audience if they get to know the person.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

https://ew.com/tv/jeff-probst-future-survivor-host/

Not good news to people like me who loathe Jeffy.  He plans on sticking around forever.

I wasn't aware that he was going to quit after Season 12, and again after Season 16, because he was "underpaid".  Mmmhmmm.  I bet many of us would want to be as "underpaid" as him.

Jeff Probst has really ruined the show.  Since he is Executive Producer, I'm sure all of these new twists and umpteen billion advantages are his doing.  And I have hated for years how he manipulates the game by asking leading or revealing questions at Tribal Council.

How about a season where instead of Tribal Council where Jeffy asks questions, let the players have a roundtable discussion that they lead themselves?  I haven't watched Big Brother in years, but does Julie Chen Moonves manipulate the vote the way that Jeff Probst does?  I thought on BB, each person up for eviction gives a speech.  Then people vote.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I haven't watched Big Brother in years, but does Julie Chen Moonves manipulate the vote the way that Jeff Probst does? 

Julie doesn't give a shit about BB lol. Jeff cares too much. There should be a middle ground for hosts. I'd say Phil Keoghan strikes the right balance.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I remember hearing about Jeff wanting to leave the show before.  I never knew it was about money (or maybe I forgot) but I know he was looking for opportunities outside the show and probably wanted to strike while the iron was hot.  He had his short lived talk show (I think it lasted a year?)  

I don't mind Jeff and would actually be sad if he ever did leave the show.  It really wouldn't be the same without him, even though sometimes I want to reach through the TV and push him into a rogue wave or into the hole where the castaway unburied a bag of balls/puzzle pieces.  I don't agree with a lot of the changes to the show over the years, especially the reliance on idols, advantages, or trying to create an annual Cirie-boot type situation, and don't think that makes good TV.  But it wouldn't be Survivor without Probst and his khaki shorts and blue button up shirt and spouting off words of wisdom about digging deep during the challenges.  

And I have to say, while I wish they'd cool it with so many idols and advantages, watching super old school Survivor could be really boring if castaways had no chance of staying in the game because of being on the bottom of numbers and a mega alliance stream rolling through.  I don't mind that stuff to a point.

• Like 6

Here's an exit interview with Karla.  

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-43-finale-karla-cruz-godoy-interview/

As to why her Gabler vote, she says that she felt he was the only one who truly made a move.  Which was gunning for Elie.  She also credits him with taking out Jesse, which I guess is technically true, but Cassidy actually sent Jesse to fire, so I feel like she deserves some of the credit.

She also believes Cassidy only apologized to her during the FTC for her vote.  She thinks she could have won against Gabler, Owen and Cassidy, and her argument at the FTC would have been that she worked alongside Jesse and Cody in the majority to make the moves that were made.  She felt that they were the three strongest players, and that helped them keep their idols safe for so long, because no one was willing to make a move against the three of them.

During her boot, she tried convincing the others that Jesse's idol was fake.  She also wishes they had showed the bond between her and Jesse more.  And of course, she wants to play again. 

ETA: another exit interview with Cassidy

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-43-finale-cassidy-clark-interview/

She was most surprised not to get Jeanine and Karla's vote.  Apparently someone on the jury told her that Karla was talking crap about her at Ponderosa, so kind of following through on her threat to poison the jury against her.  She said that Karla was really hurling insults at her all day during the time leading up to her boot. 

She said that she was nervous about the jury because they were eating up what Gabler was saying by laughing and smiling at him, but not so much to her and Owen.  She also said that Gabler would ramble to the point where Jeff had to stop him at one point to move on.  She believes that not going to fire against Jesse was held against her.  As to what she wishes had been shown, apparently it had been a plan in the making to go to the end with Gabler and Owen for about 10 days and it wasn't shown.  She also wishes more of her social and strategic game were shown.

Edited by LadyChatts
On 8/31/2022 at 3:28 PM, PhoneCop said:

Mike: "Yes!!"

Quoting myself just because that didn't age quite the way I expected.

• LOL 6
15 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:
On 8/31/2022 at 6:28 PM, PhoneCop said:

Mike: "Yes!!"

Quoting myself just because that didn't age quite the way I expected.

Though that question and answer from Gabler did sort of foreshadow the often non-sensical way this season was put together.

Survivor Winner Explains Decision to Not Tell Jury About Donating Prize
By Nick Caruso / December 15 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/12/15/survivor-season-43-winner-mike-gabler-interview-donating-money/ 

TVLINE | Your fire-making skills were impressive and you beat the record! Was that something you practiced before the show?
I’m an outdoorsman. I like to go hunting, camping, hiking. I like to do a lot of extreme stuff like that in the outdoors. Now I will say this: It was different making fire in the jungle than it is in the northwest where it’s a little bit drier. But early on in the game, I didn’t want to come out and play with fire. I could make sparks. That’s what I wanted to keep up my sleeve. Sami was a flame-throwing fire maker. I mean, he was really good. And I was like, “Okay, I’ll gather wood. He can do that.” But part of his target on him when he did get ruled out was his ability to make fire. People were like, “Now might be a good time to take him out,” because no one wanted to meet him in fire, and no one knew I had that skill until I needed it, which worked out perfectly for me.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Did Beauty and the Beast Biff Ballroom Dance? Does Flash Pic Spill a Secret? Cocaine-filled Avocados?! And More Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Rebecca Iannucci, Nick Caruso, Keisha Hatchett, Kimberly Roots and Charlie Mason / December 16 2022
https://tvline.com/2022/12/16/the-flash-season-9-photo-is-iris-pregnant-tv-questions/ 

13 | Was Survivor‘s Final 3 one of the series’ most underwhelming groups of finalists? If you could’ve had it your way, who would your winner have been?