Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor In The Media

• Start Topic

I may be cynical (no, I am cynical) but it seems like if Parvati was that outraged about having to wear her underwear, she could have refused to play.  If anyone had the leverage to turn the tide, it might be her.  But no, she played anyway, even if she felt it was degrading.  A regular player could refuse, and they'd just move on to the next person and no one would know or care.  But Parvati might have had enough clout.  She "fought hard" but didn't refuse to return.  The chance at the money was more important to her than her "dignity."

As for the whole "look authentic" thing.  It's like Gilligan's Island.  They're stranded on a desert island in their underwear, but the Harlem Globetrotters, among others, come and go every week.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

That is a great article, and says so much of what we have been saying here.

I like this quote:

"Survivor 41 has officially and fully flown off the rails. There is no sign of the track or a clear route ahead; all that is left are pieces of a once-great show tumbling down the side of a mountain, bouncing its players around inside randomly."

Well put!

• Love 6

Exit interview from Sydney.  Funny coming from a girl who was pretty much non-existent the entire season, and her one big airtime moment was "they hate me cause they ain't me".

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/survivor-41s-sydney-slams-hourglass-twist-after-exit/

Sydney added, “And now your ratings are gonna f—king plummet because your big personality is gone.”

ETA: I wish they had shown this instead of the whispering going on

Us: We saw Danny was upset by this twist. What was the vibe back at camp?

SS: Yeah. I mean, no one was happy, but I don’t think anybody blamed Erika. Danny was by far the most upset. And that’s something they didn’t show at tribal, just this whole back and forth between Jeff and Danny where Danny’s like, “You played for something. And we played for something.” And that something is never called into question. You don’t win the Super Bowl and be like, “Psych! Give me your ring back.” 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Exit interview from Sydney.  Funny coming from a girl who was pretty much non-existent the entire season, and her one big airtime moment was "they hate me cause they ain't me".

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/survivor-41s-sydney-slams-hourglass-twist-after-exit/

ETA: I wish they had shown this instead of the whispering going on

If the ratings do go down next week I am going to laugh my ass off  And so will Sydney of course and tweet about it.  ( not that I think her getting voted off will have anything to do with it)

Edited by LanceM
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

So wait, they have started promoting Survivor 42 ALREADY? This means 41 is such a disappointment that they want to yada yada it fast and start 42. Of course it is if you create a theme song for your winner on the first episode!👿

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Are they still airing the jury at Ponderosa? I checked the CBS site and didn’t see it. I’m dying to se Tiffany talk to all the strangers when she arrives. LOL!!!!

I was just looking for it too.  I will be very disappointed if they quit showing those. 

50 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I'll be sad if they don't do Ponderosa anymore. It's sometimes more fun to watch than the actual show!

Did Jeff even announce that Tiffany was in the jury last night?

Yes, he said "...and the first member of the jury" when he read the last vote.

Here's an interview with Tiffany.  It sounds like maybe Tiffany wasn't the target after all, until Heather pulled that move, then Deshawn wanted her out, and his group just caved.  Probably what the little dust up at tribal with Shan was over. 

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-41-tiffany-seely-interview/

And the person in power there, it looks like it's Shan. But then at Tribal with Deshawn… I was safe and then Deshawn throws a freaking fit, which by the way, he did on the island. After I wrote his name down, it was like a nightmare with him. "You wrote my name down. You wrote my name down? You wrote my name down." And I was like, "Well, dude, my name has been down like every freaking time I'm here. So deal with it!" But he threw a baby fit onstage and Shan fell for it. And she was like, "No, you're good. We're going to do whatever you want." Why? And so he threw that fit, Tribal went live like that, and then that last moment when he just doesn't let it go, that's what got me voted off.

And then Heather wanting to, like, save me? I think she ended up voting for me and getting me voted off! She makes this whole big thing and then writes my name down? Like, what the f---? 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Are they still airing the jury at Ponderosa? I checked the CBS site and didn’t see it. I’m dying to se Tiffany talk to all the strangers when she arrives. LOL!!!!

I was looking at the official Survivor IG account, and someone asked in the comments of the most recent post where the Ponderosa videos were.  Someone from Survivor just said it’d be up soon.  

I miss the days when it got uploaded right after the West Coast airing ☹️ Not sure why the delay.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I was looking at the official Survivor IG account, and someone asked in the comments of the most recent post where the Ponderosa videos were.  Someone from Survivor just said it’d be up soon.  

I miss the days when it got uploaded right after the West Coast airing ☹️ Not sure why the delay.

They had it all ready to go, but realized the footage had been hacked and mysteriously replaced with video of Sydney on vacation 😛

Edited by tracyscott76
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

I know. After, the west coast would air I would look for Ponderosa. I didn’t care for the Winners at War because it was one big group and everyone already knew each other. It’s always to see who is first and what tone is set. Some are good and others are bad. I’ll keep looking for it. 

• Love 1
On 7/14/2021 at 8:31 AM, Maverick said:

That. Movie. Is. Awesome.  And really, people who watch Big Brother can't cast stones at Grease 2. 

Haha love Grease 2! Not more than the first one but loved the goofier songs like this, "Reproduction" and "We're gonna Bowl Tonight".

Latest review from Reality Blurred. Here’s a quality burn from Andy:

At one point during all of this, Jeff Probst asked why people knew about advantages: “Why does everybody know what everybody has?” I just don’t know, Jeff Probst, I just don’t know. Could it be that every time you give an advantage to someone you have the Fiji military do a flyover and then skywrite “ADVANTAGE TIME”?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Not sure where this fits but I guess this is the best place: 

kass.jpg

No wonder she chose chaos.

We gotta forward stuff like this to Phil Keoghan. We gotta keep Tough as Nails as “pure” as we can. Sorry I couldn’t think of a better word.

18 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Not sure where this fits but I guess this is the best place: 

kass.jpg

I take everything Kass says with a grain of salt. She's always been so bitter, especially against Tony, and would rather blame him and the show than admit to herself that she's an unlikable goat. She and Tasha are quite the spiteful pair, and it's some kind of karmic justice that they ended up together two times so they could torture each other twice as much.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

But I mean like obviously the show is manipulated lol. My reaction was like yea Kass, we know, you're not bringing us any new info.

Yeah when I was reading that, I felt like this has been stuff that’s been obvious for years.  We know Probst has his favorites and contestants he hates.  We know TPTB pull contestants away at bad times for TH interviews and they miss out on strategizing (I think some contestants said it’s not uncommon for production to keep you away from the game right up until TC).  I feel like this is Kass’s way to try and stay relevant.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I think it's funny that she is (or was, at the time) a trial lawyer and yet now claims she couldn't stand up to one hour of questioning by a game show host.

To be fair, in a normal courtroom, she has been sleeping well, is well fed, and is not paranoid because of playing a game full of lying. There are specific rules and you have a lot of time to research the person you are questioning. On Survivor the deprivation is real and Jeff has a whole lot more info about what is happening that he can use to manipulate people.  

• Love 3

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it kind of relates to Survivor I guess.  Also this article doesn't say it, but another article said Probst might be involved somehow.

Didn't they have a show like this before?  Not CBS but wasn't there some Survivor-like show with celebrities that aired on another network?

https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/08/cbs-set-to-debut-survivor-like-show-featuring-celebrities/

CBS is going back to the well that's served them well for years -- pumping out a new reality show that'll have contestants outwit, outplay and outlast one another, but with a celeb twist.

Production sources tell TMZ ... the network is getting set to debut a new series that we're told is very "Survivor"-esque, but the main difference here -- the contestants are all celebs, including a handful of reality stars.

We're told that, like "Survivor," this show will feature similar challenges -- and will have a similar vibe to what viewers have watched since 2000.

Some of the names we're hearing attached ... Colton Underwood, Metta World Peace, Ray Lewis, Jodie Sweetin, 'RHONY’s' Eboni K. Williams and model Paulina Porizkova. There may be others who end up tagging in, but these folks are for sure playing the game.

Our sources tell us all participants had a certain amount of money donated to the charity of their choice. The show has already been filmed, and we're told a lot of it went down in Panama -- so, sounds like it's straight outta the "Survivor" playbook.

The series is expected to premiere in April 2022, and an announcement or teaser from the network should be coming in the near future.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but it kind of relates to Survivor I guess.  Also this article doesn't say it, but another article said Probst might be involved somehow.

Didn't they have a show like this before?  Not CBS but wasn't there some Survivor-like show with celebrities that aired on another network?

https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/08/cbs-set-to-debut-survivor-like-show-featuring-celebrities/

Yeah, there were 1 or 2 seasons of “I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here”.   The show still exists in other countries.  

• Love 2

CBS also wanted to do a celebrity season of Survivor back in the early ‘00s using stars from their then-current shows and floated Kevin James and Ray Romano as possibilities. Nothing came of it so I assume all their actors were like, “LOL no.”

Edited by fishcakes
  • LOL 3

Jeffy talks about the finale.

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-41-finale-winner-jeff-probst-interview/

Also, the "reunion" will be held immediately after the winner is announced on location:

"I could barely contain my smile as I sat the urn down and said, "Guess what…?!" Their reactions were fantastic. Huge smiles. Everybody was excited. And then without any fanfare, I read the votes. It was so quiet. We're used to the live finale where thousands of fans and family members are screaming with each vote read. Not this time. It was very fun and very dramatic in large part due to its simplicity. 

And then, immediately following the reading of the votes, we blew their minds again by announcing we were going to do something brand new called the Survivor After Show.  And for the next hour, we ate pizza, drank champagne and had a fun, candid conversation with the final three and the jury about the entire season. They were still in game-mode so the conversation was raw and pure.  I really enjoyed it and I think fans will too."

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 5

This is just the reunion show with food, booze, and no live audience.  Why the fancy name change?  Anyway, glad it’s happening and I hope it’s dramatic.  When he says people were in game mode, that has me excited.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

This is just the reunion show with food, booze, and no live audience.  Why the fancy name change?

Well, it can't really be called a reunion since none of them will have been parted at that point, lol. "Aftershow" makes more sense in this case. I suppose it will be the same for 42 since they were filmed back to back.

I won't miss the garish makeup and puffiness of the contestants as they have appeared in reunion shows of seasons past, nor Jeff's ridiculous shenanigans with the audience, but it's too bad no pre-jury contestants will get to participate. Still, it has to beat WAW's sad zoom reunion show.

Wow, that ew.com article. The contrast between Shan's responses and everyone else's is striking. Jeez! I guess her dour expressions during tribal are not just selective editing. I have no idea who will be next but I pity Deshawn when and if he walks into that den, lol.

• Love 3

I'm half happy there's a reunion of sorts and half upset that it isn't just a recap like was reported yesterday because I wanted to go to bed earlier lol.

Although, I suppose it's more like just a recap but with the jury/F3 making a few comments about that stuff that happened.

• Love 1
On 12/13/2021 at 6:33 PM, ProfCrash said:

Shan called Ponderosa toxic. Yup. 

I suspect she is unable to differentiate between "Ponderosa was toxic" and "I was toxic and therefore made Ponderosa toxic."

Edited by bunnyface
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

I'm glad there will at least be something after the finale. I'm fine with an after show. Wish the pre-jury could get to be there. 

WAW didn't have a reunion show, did they? All I remember is Jeff reading the final votes via zoom, and asking Tony one question. Isn't that all there was?

This is exactly what I had wanted for years now. Players interacting before they leave the game, months pass by and they are scared to express their true feelings because they have watched the show and because... twitter. I want to see true feelings of sadness, betrayal, revelations, bitterness etc.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

Well, it can't really be called a reunion since none of them will have been parted at that point, lol. "Aftershow" makes more sense in this case. I suppose it will be the same for 42 since they were filmed back to back.

I won't miss the garish makeup and puffiness of the contestants as they have appeared in reunion shows of seasons past, nor Jeff's ridiculous shenanigans with the audience, but it's too bad no pre-jury contestants will get to participate. Still, it has to beat WAW's sad zoom reunion show.

Wow, that ew.com article. The contrast between Shan's responses and everyone else's is striking. Jeez! I guess her dour expressions during tribal are not just selective editing. I have no idea who will be next but I pity Deshawn when and if he walks into that den, lol.

Ah, I hadn’t thought about that.  Still Probst makes it come off like this is some amazing new concept.  I highly doubt he’ll be asking the burning questions we want to hear.  Like “so Shan, do you think telling Ricard he was being targeted was a bad idea in hindsight?  Because he knew they were voting for you so clearly he had more loyalty to himself than you.”  I am kind of disappointed the pre-jurors won’t be there, but I think the only ones I’d want to hear from would be J.D. and Genie.  

Yeah in the EW interview everyone seems good natured about the game and Shan is clearly still playing.  I really don’t think she believes she did anything that led to her ouster and everyone else was wrong.  

4 hours ago, himela said:

This is exactly what I had wanted for years now. Players interacting before they leave the game, months pass by and they are scared to express their true feelings because they have watched the show and because... twitter. I want to see true feelings of sadness, betrayal, revelations, bitterness etc.

Agreed.  This has a chance to actually be interesting tonight unlike pretty much all other reunions.

• Love 1