Type keyword(s) to search

Nashville in the Media

1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Aw yay!! I grew to adore Luke by the end of the last season and will always love him for his awesome song that he performed at his not wedding party. Because that was awesome. 

Can you remind me which song was it? I ADORE him ever since he appeared. Love the character and I grew fond of the actor, since I didn't know him until Nashville. 

This is great news for me and now I'm looking more forward to the show. 

3 hours ago, EuropeanGirl said:

Can you remind me which song was it? I ADORE him ever since he appeared. Love the character and I grew fond of the actor, since I didn't know him until Nashville. 

This is great news for me and now I'm looking more forward to the show. 

My memory keeps telling me it's the "if i drink this beer.." it's when he had that party after Rayna called off the wedding and Luke's manager was all, "have a big party"

Despite Aubrey's beautiful voice, I don't see any place for Layla's character on the show at this point. The other writers ran it into the ground. Perhaps in another season depending on if and how the show restructures itself.

Luke coming back, really makes me fear that they may kill Rayna.

I like Aubrey, and Layla, and I'm sorry she's gone. Poor chick. In one of the biggest tanking flicks of the year, and then fired from her show. I think she's pretty and talented, and I actually liked Layla and Avery together. I mean, yeah, she was crazy, but any crazier than Juliette? Not so much. I hope she lands on her feet somewhere.

There are shows that got cancelled that I would far more desire to see brought back (Hannibal, I love you forever!!) but I'll be really happy to watch this tonite.

• Love 1

So, I guess Connie finally confirmed officially that she'll be part of Nashville for the duration. So I guess that means no disappearing Rayna, which is good. I'm not sure what they would have done if Rayna had left after episode ten. Maybe there is something more to it, though, such as Connie's screen time is reduced for the second half of this season. 

And I honestly thought it had been confirmed that Connie was out after ten episodes. 

• Love 1

I agree. Rayna is no Tami Taylor but she is one of the stars of this show. A big one. How would they handle leaving Maddie and Daphne without her and Deacon without her? Deacon doesn't have much of a story without Rayna if you ask me. All of his stories somehow have lead back to their grand romance. At least in my opinion.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Some behind the scenes and miscellaneous promo stuff from CMT:

Behind the scenes of the plane crash:

Filming in Nashville:

In the recording studio:

Lennon gives a tour of Deacon's house:

Costumes and style of Nashville:

Connie and Charles on Rayna and Deacon:

Cast members talk about their favorite songs on the show:

Is no one else irritated that Connie Britton is all over the talk shows now?  It feels like a newly single woman who hits all the ladies night's at the bars or something.  Of course, I'm very unhappy about Rayna dying and not taking it well at all. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, seewillrun said:

Is no one else irritated that Connie Britton is all over the talk shows now?  It feels like a newly single woman who hits all the ladies night's at the bars or something.  Of course, I'm very unhappy about Rayna dying and not taking it well at all. 

That usually tends to happen when someone leaves a show. Exit interviews.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, seewillrun said:

Print exit interviews are pretty common but talk show interviews are less common.  I think it's a pretty nice thing that she's working to essentially keep people watching Nashville.  Stars don't usually do talk shows if they have nothing to promote. 

• Love 1

I wasn't sure where to put this, because it's not about the show Nashville, but it's apparently a really big story in the real Nashville today.

Carrie Underwood Exits Sony for Universal

The reason I'm posting about it is because this is the kind of stuff the show should be about, the country music industry with the soap opera crap being secondary, & absolutely nothing about teenagers & their angst. We barely get any of the music stuff anymore & without the music stuff, this show could be set in a hospital, a university, a town hall, or any business, anywhere. When they cancelled the show it should have stayed cancelled, the new showrunners have done nothing to improve it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GaT said:

I wasn't sure where to put this, because it's not about the show Nashville, but it's apparently a really big story in the real Nashville today.

Carrie Underwood Exits Sony for Universal

The reason I'm posting about it is because this is the kind of stuff the show should be about, the country music industry with the soap opera crap being secondary, & absolutely nothing about teenagers & their angst. We barely get any of the music stuff anymore & without the music stuff, this show could be set in a hospital, a university, a town hall, or any business, anywhere. When they cancelled the show it should have stayed cancelled, the new showrunners have done nothing to improve it.

I really kind of disagree.  It's funny to me to hear people talk about not liking the lack of focus on the music business, because in earlier seasons whenever there was a focus on the music business people would say they didn't like that.  (Not saying you said it - I have no idea whether you did or not - but I heard it A LOT.)  I actually don't know that I want to see the business side of things.  I'd like more music, and I do appreciate that they let the songs play from start to finish for the most part which wasn't true before, but the business side of things isn't interesting to me.  I actually like the drama stuff and I don't mind seeing teenagers, since they are part of the first family of Nashville.

On 3/31/2017 at 10:07 PM, missbonnie said:

Saw another promo tonight for the back half of the season. Looks good so far but it's not coming back until freaking June! 

I was just wondering what happened to the show when I saw your post, June??? Considering that May is a sweeps month, that doesn't bode well for the show.

4 hours ago, missbonnie said:

Even more suspicious was an email I got from CMT asking me to take a survey about season 5 so far. I immediately thought that's a red flag. 

Did you take it? What kind of questions did it have? I hope if one of the questions was "do you want to see more of Maddie?" I hope you said NO.

13 hours ago, GaT said:

I was just wondering what happened to the show when I saw your post, June??? Considering that May is a sweeps month, that doesn't bode well for the show.

I don't think it means anything about the show.  It's not like CMT has other shows that could be potential ratings juggernauts that they could swap in.  I believe Nashville is still one of their higher rated shows so if sweeps were really a concern, they'd air it in May.

But I don't think sweeps matter that much any longer, especially for cable shows.  Ratings are taken every day. Cable networks are supported by cable fees.  Even July is a mini-sweeps month. 

Many cable shows air in the summer, starting in June so that they don't have to compete with the broadcast networks because those mostly air repeats in the summer. And it's also normal for networks to survey viewers about their shows to get some input about what is and isn't working. Neither of those things mean anything about renewal or cancellation for Nashville.

• Love 2

I find this to be good news. Maybe I will work up the ambition to catch up I was only two episodes in until they killed off Rayna, and since it was spoiled so hard, I just don't feel like watching the episodes leading up to it, because I already know she dies.

On 4/3/2017 at 1:35 AM, GaT said:

Did you take it? What kind of questions did it have? I hope if one of the questions was "do you want to see more of Maddie?" I hope you said NO.

I did take it and it did have questions about the kids storyline along with places to explain why I felt the way I did. And yes, I did say that I wished they'd back off those storylines. 

• Love 2

JUNE!!! Well, at least that means I won't need to get a Hulu subscription until then. I caught up on Xfinity Watchathon Week, and it seemed to be getting promotion. So I'm not too worried about its future on CMT/Hulu.

I do worry about it's future without CB, but that is a whole other story. No way we can change that storyline and bring her back. I mean I guess we could do flashbacks or dreams/visions, but it won't be the same :( I really liked her on the show being a Mom and maternal figure to a lot of people. While I love Juliette, I really can't see her excelling at that role. And while Scarlett seems to be on track to becoming the maternal figure, I really don't want her stuck in that role and not pursuing her music. I do think there was a way to reduce her episode load but keep her on the show, if CB wanted out. But the showrunners clearly did not share my vision.

4 hours ago, kismet said:

I do think there was a way to reduce her episode load but keep her on the show, if CB wanted out. But the showrunners clearly did not share my vision.

Connie wanted completely out.  She wasn't in it for a reduced schedule. 

I feel bad about that for the fans who wanted her to stay, but from what I understand, the 9 episodes we got were a gift.

1 hour ago, piratewench said:

I feel bad about that for the fans who wanted her to stay, but from what I understand, the 9 episodes we got were a gift.

Yeah, I remember seeing her on a talk show a couple days after ABC cancelled the show and she didn't seem broken hearted about it. She just talked about her son being sad about leaving the city. 

1 hour ago, piratewench said:

That's what I think too but there are things that she has said since she left that have given the impression that she would have been up for a reduced schedule. She said something to the effect that she didn't want them to kill Rayna and she would have been willing to come back...etc.  I know that led some fans to think there were other options to killing her--like sending her on tour. 

Personally, I do think some of the statements she has made were made of as much baloney as her "in for the duration" statements were earlier this year when she was trying to quell her leaving rumors. I don't doubt that she might be willing to make a few appearances, and likely will for the 100th episode, but logistically she wasn't going to be available the way the show would need her given that three of the main characters are her family. 

• Love 1