Type keyword(s) to search

Nashville in the Media

It needs to wrap up. They've been out of fresh ideas for a long time now. Admittedly, I'll miss it, but it'll be exciting to see what the actors do next. I would really like to see Connie Britton in charge of something creatively! Want to see what she can do.

I would like to see the series get at least a 15 Episode Season 5, for better syndication chances, and to really wrap up storylines.

For what it's worth TV By The Numbers predicted Nashville to be cancelled, all the way thru Season 2, till almost the end of the Season, with much better ratings

I know, then, they don't dnt think ABC would commit to another 2 years for the show, but, you just never Know, and neither do they.

• Love 1

Isn't anything private and personal between to people anymore. Claire seems to be a very private person and the Luke Wheeler proposal (that's if she agreed it was okay to propose to her on stage) leaves your personal life right out their in the public domain giving every gossip rag the right to pry in your life. Always thought the less the gossip rags know about your private life the better you can live a some what normal one.

• Love 1

Some people like to share their wedding proposals with the world. It's not my bag, but if she's happy, great. I don't think it's inherently a character flaw. (Being Luke Wheeler IS inherently a character flaw, however.) Clare seems to dig the guy, so yay. I wish them all the best.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

One of my friends was proposed to very publicly and she was so embarrassed but, as she later told us, you can't exactly say, "Dude! Not cool!" when everyone is staring at you and expecting you to happily say yes. I think that there are a lot of weird stereotypes and expectations out there, like girls want a huge diamond ring and a grand gesture and it's perpetuated by all the YouTube videos of flash mob proposals and crazy proposal stories. I know that I have awwwwed over some of the videos I have seen but would never want it to happen to me, so I understand how seeing your girlfriend think a video is cute might make you think she would enjoy having a big to do as well.

So that's my long winded theory about why Clare's boyfriend may not be a total Luke Wheeler for proposing to her onstage. I would hate if that happened to me, but different strokes.

The one public proposal I have seen was similar. It was closing performance of the San Francisco Ballet's production of Romeo and Juliet (and the last show of the season) and during the curtain call, the dancer playing Romeo was handed a microphone and he got down on one knee to propose to the dancer playing Juliet. He had arranged for her family to be in the audience ostensibly to see their performance. I'm still not a huge fan of public proposals, but it seemed fitting that they got engaged on the stage where they had danced together and it was very sweet.

• Love 2

Yes but there is a rumored deal with CMT that would allow it to air on that channel as well (obviously a bigger network and worth more money) but it would require Nashville to air more episodes than 4 seasons would give, if I remember correctly. A mini-5th season would get them to their mark.

Given the subject matter of the show is exactly up CMT's alley, they'll be buying Nashville in syndication no matter how many episodes there are. It's just a matter of if it's enough of a difference for ABC to pay for another season of production.

• Love 1

Given the subject matter of the show is exactly up CMT's alley, they'll be buying Nashville in syndication no matter how many episodes there are. It's just a matter of if it's enough of a difference for ABC to pay for another season of production.

Would the cast still be obligated to star in the show, though? I don't know much about this industry, but wouldn't they ultimately be signing a new contract with CMT that's different than their ABC contract? Or would their contracts transfer?

Because to be honest, I don't know if Connie Britton would sign a new contract for the show. I've read that she's completely done with the show, like a lot of us are.

• Love 2

No new contracts. CMT would just be syndicating, not taking over production. It would be the same as the AXS deal, CMT just requires more episodes. So ABC will have to figure out if the expense of a 5th season is worth the CMT syndication payout.

Connie's current contract is for seven years, so if a miracle happens she's along for the ride whether she wants it or not.

• Love 1

Sadly, I'm prepared for the show to be cancelled.

If they do pull off a partial 5th Season renewal, due to syndication, I'll be watching.

I honestly can't see them getting a full 5th Season, with sinking ratings. This does seem like a series, that could be plugged in anywhere, as a filler, so, maybe, still a chance, for a partial renewal.

• Love 1

There's no shot in hell for a full 5th season.

I just desperately hope if they are going to cancel it they do it before April when the finale is filmed. I want resolution and so help me God if they don't give it to us and end it on another dumb cliffhanger...

Edited by airwair
  • Love 2

A minor Friday Night Lights reunion, I guess: Alicia Witt (who was in FNL's fourth season, I think), will be joining Nashville as a singer named Autumn.  I love Alicia, but her character description being "Never married, but perpetually involved, Autumn struggles to find real love in her life," doesn't exactly fill me with optimism. Can we give the relationship drama a rest, show?  But judging from that line, I'm guessing she'll end up being a potential love interest for one or the regulars, so I wonder who it will be.

Edited by thuganomics85

I don't know Alicia Witt but I did look up her bio and she is 40 yrs old in real life so I'm wondeing if she's going to be the love interest of Luke Wheeler? She would be to old for either Avery, Gunnar but maybe not Frank. Everyone else is taken Nashville RIGHT?

THUGANOMICS85 -- "Can we give the relationhip drama a rest, show.? I'm 100% with you on that, it's getting old if they go down that road again. Writers we need HAPPY husband, wife, children as a family, writing great songs and singing together.

• Love 2

There's no shot in hell for a full 5th season.

I feel like people said this about a third season and a fourth season, too. Another full season is a long shot, but it isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

Hayden and JJ are nominated for Critics Choice Awards (for Supporting Actress and Supporting Actor In a Drama Series, respectively), so congrats to them!!

They've fucked up Juliette as a character, but at least it's giving Hayden a chance to really show off her acting skills. I'm so happy for her that she's gotten so much recognition.

Edited by mack6986

Hayden and JJ are nominated for Critics Choice Awards (for Supporting Actress and Supporting Actor In a Drama Series, respectively), so congrats to them!!

They've fucked up Juliette as a character, but at least it's giving Hayden a chance to really show off her acting skills. I'm so happy for her that she's gotten so much recognition.

Yeah just saw that...so happy for them. Yes, the writers sure screwed over the Juliette/Avery pairing but hey, it gave Hayden and Jonathan a chance to shine. And it's nice for Hayden to get some industry love with everything she's been going through. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

Well, neither Hayden nor JJ won at the Critics Choice Awards, but Hayden was in attendance and she looked great (and very happy!).

JJ was in attendance too.  He and Hayden were presenters.  He looked great too!

Wait.  Are those purple veins on Hayden's right boob?  I see them in more than one picture.  Surely not. Or if so, why didn't she or the person who dressed her notice it and do something about it?  Still, she's beautiful.  Lovely face.

Edited by slasherboy

She's allowed to look human, with a circulatory system and everything.  

This show isn't back until mid-MARCH?  Jeez.  

Holy Christ that's a bad boob job.  Wrong dress Hayden, wrong dress.  I do like that the photos were not touched up though.  None of them were, of anyone.  Maybe the faces, but they left everything else alone.

Holy Christ that's a bad boob job.  Wrong dress Hayden, wrong dress.  I do like that the photos were not touched up though.  None of them were, of anyone.  Maybe the faces, but they left everything else alone.

It might be a bad boob job; but I think it's more likely because of breastfeeding. Breast do get bigger/oddly shaped and with more pronounced veins when you're producing milk, and as far as I can tell from her interviews, she's still breastfeeding. The choice of dress, however....

Edited by feverfew

Do none of you see anything wrong with commenting and speculating on a woman's boobs?  I have no problem with the commentary on the choice of dress (I agree, not her best look) but it's really offensive that people are freely discussing how her boobs looks and whether or not she had a boob job.  The last time I checked, this isn't TMZ.

• Love 6

I see absolutely nothing wrong with discussing her boobs.  She put them out there, so to speak, and is a public figure so any and everything is up for discussion and speculation.  She knew how she looked in the dress, and if she didn't want to open herself up for criticism, she should have worn something not so revealing.  Similarly, if she had looked drop dead gorgeous, I would have complimented her look.  I like her and most of the time she's a knock-out.  Just not this time in this particular dress.

• Love 1

I have a real issue with "anything and everything is up for discussion and speculation" just because she's a celebrity. Hayden is a person and as such is entitled to respect.

It's also pretty nasty to spend time discussing the veins on the breasts of a woman nursing a baby, celebrity or not, but you know...schaudenfreude. Well, that and the Internet isn't known for high standards of behavior.

• Love 4

My point is, Hayden knows it's going to happen.  She's been in show business for years and is aware of the internet and the National Enquirer (if that's even a thing anymore).  If she didn't want her breasts talked about, which, how could she not know? then she should have worn a dress that covered them up. 

I'm not suggesting it's nice for the world to discuss veins caused by nursing her baby, but I'm saying she wasn't ignorant to the fact it was going to happen, yet she chose to go ahead and reveal her breasts with the veins in clear display.

No, it's none of our business what her breasts look like, but since they're there, I say she's somewhat making them our business.  You've got to admit, she was very "in your face" about them.  

I realize YMMV, but this is what my odometer reads.

I have a real issue with "anything and everything is up for discussion and speculation" just because she's a celebrity. Hayden is a person and as such is entitled to respect.

Another thought: maybe Hayden was displaying a bit of self-disrespect to reveal to the world something as intimate as the physical aftereffects of her nursing child.

And I want to repeat, I like Hayden a lot and I don't give a flip what she wears, and whether it lowers my standards as a human, I still have every right to talk about what I see on my TV screen.

It's actually not the woman's fault when people talk trash about how she looks. It's the fault of the people talking, and theirs alone. Her breasts are there because she was born female, not because she's begging the public to comment on them. And no, she's showing no disrespect by not hiding them from you. When the men (and women) of the world internalize those very simple lessons, we'll all be better off. By continuing to argue that she is indeed asking to be judged, you dig a hole only for yourself. Here's a shovel. Keep going.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 6

My point is, Hayden knows it's going to happen.  She's been in show business for years and is aware of the internet and the National Enquirer (if that's even a thing anymore).  If she didn't want her breasts talked about, which, how could she not know? then she should have worn a dress that covered them up.

She has been in the business a very long time and likely does know.  But I also think people are going to talk regardless of what someone does.  Show any breast?  People talk about them.  Cover them up completely?  People talk about the "frumpy" look she had on.

Chip and Connie sang at her African choir benefit last night and I don't have the link handy but I am dead in a ditch.

They sang the song she did with Markus and it needed to be done with Deacon from the beginning.

• Love 2

Thanks for that info, Cranberry!

Why do you call it a shitshow?

That's actually a very generous term for a series that has so much potential, but instead sabotages its own characters with ridiculous plots & storylines to the point that it becomes a hate-watching experience & fodder for snark. It's beyond a bad soap opera.

• Love 2