Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Pretty Mess

• Start Topic

Did anyone else think that Bethenny actually farted instead of splitting her pants?  That's what I thought, at first!  ;-)

And, I don't think she was the first one to come up with the "bar shed" idea - I've been seeing that on the internet for about a year now....people are doing it all over the place (and better than hers, imo.).  People are creating "man sheds", "girl sheds", "bar sheds" - anything except what a shed should be!!  

ETA:  We have friends who converted a shed into a poolside bar around 10 - 15 years ago, complete with a TV, refrigerator, margarita machine, etc.  We laugh about it now, because back then, we thought it was such a great, clever idea, and it is now so "chic" and "on trend"!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 10

Bethany did not look good.  The red in her hair is not compatible with her skin tone.  I like the length but the cut and styling was not good nor was her make up.  She and Erika are the same age and comparing the two shows how much work each has had done.  Bethany does not appear to have fillers.  No judgement here, just an observation.  

It would serve Eileen to be truthful.  Just say I did have an affair with Vince while still married and I am not proud of that but that is what happened.  Done.  It is all over the tabloids. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 10

When Bethenny and Kyle were alone and looking at Erika's pictures on the phone--Bethenny was sitting like an old man! Legs wide apart, hunched over the phone. She looked rough!

If you read into the body language, which I usually do because body language is very telling and it's all done unconsciously. For instance, when Eileen brought Lisa V into the other room to have 'the talk' with her, Lisa V sat on an open armed chair but facing sideways, like she was ready to block off whatever Eileen was about to say. She really didn't begin the talk with an open mind. Now Bethenny and Kyle are good friends and I'm certain had talked about Erika beforehand so Bethenny was already in the mindset that she was not going to like Erika or what she does in nightclubs. The stance with the squared off open knees and hunched forward body was telling. She was armed and ready to tear Erika apart. Yes, she looked rough and ready to throw some arrows. Her body posture didn't say 'oh she looks amazing, what a beauty', instead it said 'I'm going to examine this video and photos and pick this broad apart piece by piece'. And she had a friend sitting close to her to validate her opinions.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 15

Did anyone else think that Bethenny actually farted instead of splitting her pants?  That's what I thought, at first!  ;-)

And, I don't think she was the first one to come up with the "bar shed" idea - I've been seeing that on the internet for about a year now....people are doing it all over the place (and better than hers, imo.).  People are creating "man sheds", "girl sheds", "bar sheds" - anything except what a shed should be!!  

Running through Ken's head was probably the idea he could have a barn for his mini-horses complete with a bar. 

• Love 9

She quickly exited to go change them, so if she farted she wouldn't need to change those ugly pants, unless of course she 'sharted', then she'd have to get some clean undies.

And about the shed craze, maybe all these super wealthy, mansion residing, people have a serious need deep inside to live in a simple cottage with barn siding? Something small and intimate, somewhere where they don't get a resounding echo when they call the maid for their afternoon cocktails. In other words, homes more like what normal people live in.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 7

It is the delivery and the meaness

with Beth that makes me cringe.

There is New York Blunt which for me is well represented by Judy Sheindlin and the late Joan Rivers and then there is .Beth.

No, thanks.

Exactly!

I don't mind blunt, hell I love when someone is upfront and has an their own opinion and doesn't mind if they are not always agreed with.

Bethenny is mean. She looks for ways to be rude and I can't stand when people try to make people uncomfortable just for the hell of it. Rude nasty plain ol' mean girl this is Beth imo.

• Love 17

Yes, in an interview Erika said that the owner of the hotel is a friend of hers.

The current owner of the Capri hotel is Mark Geragos - he is a celebrity attorney (P. Diddy was/is a client, and several others), so it's no wonder that Erika and her husband would know him.

• Love 6

The current owner of the Capri hotel is Mark Geragos - he is a celebrity attorney (P. Diddy was/is a client, and several others), so it's no wonder that Erika and her husband would know him.

Scott Peterson's attorney.  Michael Jackson's attorney.  It makes sense he would know Girard. The place is still a dive.

• Love 10

When Bethenny and Kyle were alone and looking at Erika's pictures on the phone--Bethenny was sitting like an old man! Legs wide apart, hunched over the phone. She looked rough!

Dragging out a divorce for so many years, will do that to anyone, IMHO.

Someone in last week's thread commented that Erika threw away her youth by getting married, the first time, and having a child so early. Bethenny is really the one who has thrown away her youth.  Not by working hard and building her business.  But by becoming so brittle and bitter that it shows all over her face, in her posture and by almost every word that comes out of her mouth. 

I don't know who's dragging the divorce out, but she has a hard time letting go.  If she didn't have that quality, I'd say there was hope for her future - but instead of getting better after her supposed years of therapy, she's just getting worse.  I don't know how you'd get to, say, age 70, look back and say, 'Yeah, spending my life as a raging, bitter woman? It was all worth it."  I don't care how many bags of money she has.

• Love 20

The place is still a dive.

I wouldn't call it a dive but it's kind of awful.  And I'm sure that fact wasn't lost on Erika, who stays at the best hotels all over the world.  So I give her props for at least being a good sport and staying the night at her friend's motel.  She was probably dancing all night to the D.J. anyway.

• Love 7

Eileen is actually like a more accomplished, intelligent variation of Carlton with the perennially sour puss and expressions of disbelief in her talking heads this season. And echoes of Carlton's outrage over Kyle's questions about her religion . . . when she herself openly talked about the subject otherwise. Now that I think about it, too, "how dare you" was a more polished interpretation of the bony-fingered "don't you fuckin' dare!" from Bravo's favorite witch.

• Love 11

Eileen is actually like a more accomplished, intelligent variation of Carlton with the perennially sour puss and expressions of disbelief in her talking heads this season. And echoes of Carlton's outrage over Kyle's questions about her religion . . . when she herself openly talked about the subject otherwise. Now that I think about it, too, "how dare you" was a more polished interpretation of the bony-fingered "don't you fuckin' dare!" from Bravo's favorite witch.

I don't wanna agree with this but I have to.  Liked.

• Love 4

Lisa V prodded Eileen about her marriage?  Big whup.  What I thought was interesting was that Lisa V said three times "ask me anything".  I'm guessing that someone will ask her something very soon that she doesn't want to answer and there will be a storyline.

Still not feeling Erika.  She has a lot of money and, it would seem, a great deal of time of her hands.  Why spend it in self-aggrandizement?  Why not do something important?  It's sort of icky.

• Love 12

And six degrees of HWs separation strikes again!

1) Geragos owns the Capri

2) he is heading up a class-action suit against EOS, those round lip balms

3) the Kardashian Krumbs, led by Kris, are brand ambassadors for EOS

4) Kris was married to Robert who was on OJ's defense team

5) The OJ trial introduced us to the likes of Kato Kaelin and gross Faye Resnick

6) Faye is Kyle's bff 

• Love 15

I am totally bored with both Erika and Erika Jane. Yawn. And no, I don't think that most women wish they could be her. I certainly don't. I am happy with the person I am and have no need to create an alternate ego. 

When it comes down to it I doubt if Erika and Erika Jane are much different from each other either.

THIS. It cracks me up with all the "Erika is so real!" "She's too cool to care!" "She eats cake! She's just like us!" "She plays the Jedi mind trick on haters, if they like her, that's a problem!" Please! She knows what people say and think about her. She just says it before you can. If she were as secure and bad-ass as she likes to put out there, she wouldn't even give people the satisfaction; she'd make THEM say it, not make it easy for them.

There doesn't seem to be anything to her besides her gays and her costumes. Being Erika whoever and being Erika Jayne only makes her twice as boring to me.

I went online to watch her video after the show, and I didn't think sexy, I thought sad. No matter how dewy the skin, she's clearly (well) past the pop diva starting gate. The singing was weak, and that video for the song featuring Flo-rida (Crazy) gave me second-hand embarrassment and watching her try to keep up with the young'uns gave me Kris Jenner teas.

IMO she's anything BUT real. She's as fake as the rest, just in a different way. But she IS married-rich, and that allows her to give no fucks now.  She's not grasping as much as the others because she doesn't have to. I have no doubt cocktail waitress Erika was a game-playing, grasping mofo.

There is New York Blunt which for me is well represented by Judy Sheindlin and the late Joan Rivers and then there is .Beth.

No, thanks.

Ugh. Those harridans represent rich bitch blunt, not regular NYers. That's a special layer of rude that you can only get away with when you know you're not going to get punched in the face behind it.   

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 16

Still not feeling Erika.  She has a lot of money and, it would seem, a great deal of time of her hands.  Why spend it in self-aggrandizement?  Why not do something important?  It's sort of icky.

I don't see the self-aggrandizing. Well, maybe a wee bit. But that's her schtick. She lives large and isn't afraid to admit that.

Mostly, I see self-depreciating. While some of it is probably for show, I don't think she's like some of the others who think they're all that and a bag of chips. 

And I appreciate that Erika looks like she'd actually EAT a bag of chips.

• Love 9

Bethany did not look good.  The red in her hair is not compatible with her skin tone.  I like the length but the cut and styling was not good nor was her make up.  She and Erika are the same age and comparing the two shows how much work each has had done.  Bethany does not appear to have fillers.  No judgement here, just an observation.  

It would serve Eileen to be truthful.  Just say I did have an affair with Vince while still married and I am not proud of that but that is what happened.  Done.  It is all over the tabloids. 

Lisa was asking when Eileen knew Vince was THE one, was it their first kiss on screen, their first make-out scene on camera......just when she knew she got butterflies from/with him. I didn't think the questions that intrusive or probing but I don't think Eileen heard anything past the first "affair" question. That 1 word "affair" made her hear something other than what Lisa was really asking, which was about their romance. Lisa used the wrong word and because of that Eileen shut down IMO.

• Love 10

And six degrees of HWs separation strikes again!

1) Geragos owns the Capri

2) he is heading up a class-action suit against EOS, those round lip balms

3) the Kardashian Krumbs, led by Kris, are brand ambassadors for EOS

4) Kris was married to Robert who was on OJ's defense team

5) The OJ trial introduced us to the likes of Kato Kaelin and gross Faye Resnick

6) Faye is Kyle's bff 

Robert Kardashian was also one of Simpson's best friends. Kris was very good friends with Nicole. The two families were together all the time. Robert also knew that O.J. was guilty all along, the look on his face when the verdict was read says it all.

Apologies if this was already mentioned, but while I watched this episode all I could think of was that Jill Zarin was crawling around and hiding in bushes trying to get in.

Apparently I was right because Lisa V said as much on WWHL last night.

I think I am burned out on Housewives shows.   Eileen doesn't want to talk about her cheating. Kyle does not want to talk about Kim.    It is all a mash up of done before, done again and again and again. Boring.

• Love 12

Lisa V prodded Eileen about her marriage?  Big whup.  What I thought was interesting was that Lisa V said three times "ask me anything".  I'm guessing that someone will ask her something very soon that she doesn't want to answer and there will be a storyline.

Here's the thing with Lisa and her "Ask me anything" and "I'm an open book".  I like Lisa, mostly because she is smart.  She is quick-thinking.  Not in the way Bethenny is, who has a quick mouth with a snarky reply, but she's quick-thinking and thoughtful in her responses.

So, if someone were to ask Lisa something that she may not want to reveal everything about, she will give the questioner just enough of a response to satisfy them, without really telling them everything.

Eileen sometimes seems to be put off her guard about things and then may say something she wished she could have said differently, or not answered at all.

• Love 8

Apologies if this was already mentioned, but while I watched this episode all I could think of was that Jill Zarin was crawling around and hiding in bushes trying to get in.

LOL isn't that wild that Jill I move with a fa-a-abulous crowd Zarin was not on the admittance list? Based on those links that were posted upthread, it hardly sounded like an exclusive soiree.

• Love 8

Maybe ts causes Lisa Rinna lips?

Good lord.  Into the garbage they go.

Apparently they're causing allergic reactions in some users.  For me, they just never did much but take up a lot of space.  Plus, I don't like sticking my fingers into the pot.  But, knowing what a lip balm ho I am, my friends and family see them at the store and think they're so cute that I'm the proud owner of at least 10.  The orange one is the only one that really moisturizes. IMO.

Speaking of lips, what if Rinna was having an allergic reaction to the scallops and in addition to her other symptoms - her lips had blown up.  Further. 

• Love 3

Well there, now we know David Foster dresses on the left.

Will you explain?  I don't get it.

Used to be, a tailor, when working on a pair of  pants for a man would be genteel and ask "Do you dress right or left?" -  meaning how is your genitalia arranged, on the right or left side of pants leg and the pants would ne tailored to accomodate. It was  more of an a issue with big roomy boxer shorts that offered no support.

When David was sitting on the hospital bed w/Yolanda, you could see his big old package and it was arranged on the left side of his zipper--something odd to notice, but they did show it a few times.

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 17

Robert Kardashian was also one of Simpson's best friends. Kris was very good friends with Nicole. The two families were together all the time. Robert also knew that O.J. was guilty all along, the look on his face when the verdict was read says it all.             

And it was widely believed that he was the one that got rid of O.J.'s garment bag that contained his bloody clothing.

I have to give the side eye to anyone who is friends with Faye Resnick or Kris Kardashian.  That's a sketchy, sketchy crowd.  I'm anxious to meet Kathryn because she ran in that circle, too.  Who brought her onto the show?  If it's true that she's going to mix it up with Faye, it couldn't have been Kyle.

• Love 7

I think I am burned out on Housewives shows.   Eileen doesn't want to talk about her cheating. Kyle does not want to talk about Kim.    It is all a mash up of done before, done again and again and again. Boring.

To me there is a vast difference.  Kim is on the show and getting arrested.  Eileen joined the show about 10 plus years after the affair.  It only becomes relevant because Brandi and then Lisa bring it up.  Eileen was the example for working towards promoting a good relationship with the mother of her husband's sons.   She discussed it last year at the Reunion and was quite firm in saying the subject was closed.  I am not certain why Lisa brought it up, or why she used the word affair, which to me changed the tenor of the inquiry.   Eileen discussed she had been married twice before and it is not news.  I can understand maybe wanting to know if sparks flew during their on air love scenes  but it should have been left at that.  I will be waiting to see how LVP responds-Eileen is not happy in her blog.

There must be some type of reality show formula where people have to be reminded of past deeds on the show for continuity.  I respect the fact LVP feels her life is an open book, but deep down I don't think she is really all that anxious to discuss say the lawsuits she and Ken are involved in or have been involved in. 

With such a nice group of gainfully employed men it sure would be nice to have a couples event.  This is the only franchise where everyone is married.  And all the men are gainfully and successfully employed.  Let's run with that for awhile.  I want to see the success stories.

• Love 11

Used to be a tailor when working on a pair of men's pants for a man would be genteel and ask "Do you dress right or left?" -  meaning how is your genitalia arranged, on the right or left side of pants leg. Used to be more an a issue with big roomy boxers that offered no support.

When David was sitting on the hospital bed w/Yolanda, you could see his big old package and it was arranged on the left side of his zipper--something odd to notice, but they did it a few times.

LOLOL. I'm glad I asked - learn something new every day.  And although I don't want to, I'm sure I'll take a gander at David's "big old package" the next time the episode airs.  Thanks for answering. 

Or maybe not.  :-)

• Love 10

STFU, Beth.  You DON'T know it all.

Here's what Erika doesn't know:  "I don't know anything about margaritas. I don't know anything about being skinny...."  LOL

Happy to say, Erika owned Beth tonight.  And she did it with calm restraint. She's got Lisa V's number, too.  Atta girl. 

This make me happy to see.  Now I'm looking forward to watching the episode when I get home from work today. 

• Love 2

I think Bethenny has had tons of fillers, botox and plastic surgery,  including what used to be her huge jaw bones.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 8

Being Erika whoever and being Erika Jayne only makes her twice as boring to me.

THIS x 10. Is hubby paying Bravo for Erika Jayne to get so much screen time? Because I see no reason why otherwise. We see a bit of Eileen at Y&R, LisaR on QVC and LVP at her restaurant. I have already seen (no pun intented) more of EJ in a couple of epis that all of those segements combined.

Someone mentioned upthread that Eileen is close to 60. She is 56. I had to google as I thought she was a couple of years younger than I am at 58, and I hate to admit it but I find it hard to consider myself close to 60 - ha.

So was the beautiful flower arrangement in the ugly vase that Ken carried in to Betthany's house pilfered from the rental house? There was the exact same arrangement/vase both on the kitchen table and in a hallway of the rental. Or was it just a prop to give something for Ken to do and was returned to the rental after Betthany's gathering? Why do I notice these things and wonder? I have no idea.

• Love 11
njbchlover, on 13 Jan 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

ETA:  We have friends who converted a shed into a poolside bar around 10 - 15 years ago, complete with a TV, refrigerator, margarita machine, etc.  We laugh about it now, because back then, we thought it was such a great, clever idea, and it is now so "chic" and "on trend"!!  

Ha ha my best friend and her husband did the "turn the shed into a cool bar/man cave" thing about 10 years ago too.  It WAS pretty cool!

DrSparkles, on 13 Jan 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

Erika is 44 & Eileen is almost 60?! Damn, they look good.

I mean, Eileen is 56 ...  I feel like saying she's "almost 60" is kinda pushing it.  Regardless she does look fabulous for her age... well, fabulous for any age.  Erika looks great, but I feel like she looks pretty authentically 44. 

steelcitysister, on 13 Jan 2016 - 1:05 PM, said:

LOL isn't that wild that Jill I move with a fa-a-abulous crowd Zarin was not on the admittance list? Based on those links that were posted upthread, it hardly sounded like an exclusive soiree.

Perhaps. But any soiree that doesn't allow Jill Z or Back Door Farrah to attend is alright in my book!

• Love 6

Here's the thing with Lisa and her "Ask me anything" and "I'm an open book".  I like Lisa, mostly because she is smart.  She is quick-thinking.  Not in the way Bethenny is, who has a quick mouth with a snarky reply, but she's quick-thinking and thoughtful in her responses.

So, if someone were to ask Lisa something that she may not want to reveal everything about, she will give the questioner just enough of a response to satisfy them, without really telling them everything.

Eileen sometimes seems to be put off her guard about things and then may say something she wished she could have said differently, or not answered at all.

Lisa V isn't exactly going to boast about the 'little vixen' type she played in a couple of music videos from the 1980's. The band was called Naked Eyes, the song was 'What In The Name of Love' There's another by a group called ABC titled 'Poison Arrow'. I suppose Lisa's acting skills weren't wanted so she went to the dark side of being music video eye-candy. She also won't boast about her role in a 1973 movie as a child actress in 'A Touch of Class'. It seems that even as a 9 year old actress she was drawn to class in some way or another. Has she ever compared credentials and acting training with Kyle or Kim?  Um, newp. She doesn't mention too much how she was 21 when she married Ken who was 37 at the time, and they married just six weeks after meeting. I wonder if Lisa would mind if Eileen brought up the fact that Ken was briefly married to a model from the 60's, a former Bond girl, Pamela and how he basically handed over full custody of his only son to Pamela when they divorced.

Yes. that's really child star wannabe, Lisa on the right

Edward+Kemp_Glenda+Jackson_Lisa+Vanderpu

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 11

I think Bethenny has had tons of fillers, botox and plastic surgery,  including what used to be her huge jaw bones.

She's also trying to go for that young, moist,dewy skin look that nobody past the age of 30 has naturally and she only comes off looking greasy. Only Jennifer Lopez's make up artist knows how to do that look.

• Love 5

She's also trying to go for that young, moist,dewy skin look that nobody past the age of 30 has naturally and she only comes off looking greasy. Only Jennifer Lopez's make up artist knows how to do that look.

I think Erika pulls it off pretty well, too.  Her makeup artist is Priscilla Ono.  I know because I YouTubed her this a.m. to find out how she gets that glowy look. Didn't find a video on natural make-up, though.  Maybe she only does Erika Jayne.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 6

Perhaps. But any soiree that doesn't allow Jill Z or Back Door Farrah to attend is alright in my book!

Heh, agreed! Imagine the fit she pitched: I am Jill Zarin! Mommy loved my older sister more, I don't sit in the second row and I don't wait!  But who is BD Farrah? An infrequently seen Friend of the HWs or Kyle's eldest daughter? That's the only Farrah I recall.

I think Bethenny has had tons of fillers, botox and plastic surgery, including what used to be her huge jaw bones.

Is it bone? Or is it masseter muscle, incredibly toned from constant clenched jaw due to speed, which also suppresses appetite, and makes people talk super fast?
  • Love 7

Erika is what Sonja wished she could be:  Sonja in the City by day, and SonJa with a sexy J rolling around showing her stuff (in a burlesque sort of way) by night, and married to a very rich man, lol.

Great comparison!  Those 2 have a lot in common, don't they?  But they're very much typical of where they live & the big shots they married.  Sure, Erika is bit younger & hotter than Sonja, but Sonja seems just fine with herself.

You know, I was thinking when Erika walked into Bethenny's gorg house, how out of place she looked in NYC & the Hamptons.  Her look seems so LA to me.  Oh, I know we have plenty of blondes with big boobs here in NYC.  But Erika's look still seems to me to be so LA/Hollywood.  The contrast between Bethenny (worn-out face, meh hair, fast-talking, insulting & pushy as fuck) and Erika (California laid-back, cool, calm & with surprisingly toned-down & pretty hair, makeup & clothes) was kinda hilarious.  So was it worth bringing Bethenny on here for that reason alone -- to give us some giggles?  Maybe.

As I said in the thread for the last ep, me luvs Hamptons house porn.  I can't get enough.  And NYC didn't show off Bethenny's house the way it was shown on this ep.  Have no idea why, but it didn't.  We didn't see her pool before or the stunning views from her large windows.  I'm sure of that cuz I woulda remembered it.  Really beautiful.  Skinnygirl has rewarded her nicely, eh?  It's also multiplied the asshole-ness (if that's a word, it certainly applies to Bethenny) of her blech personality many times over.

I cringed at her "rim job" comment to Erika.  Typical of Bethenny.   She can be funny & yeah, her blathering & jittery nervous energy did give a much-needed jolt to the show, but I didn't care for it much.  To me, Bethenny starts out kinda interesting & funny -- and then she loses me big time with her vulgar sense of humor & cruel nastiness.  Ugh, I am so not looking forward to the return of NYC, with her taking it over.

As far as the women clucking over Erika's Instagram stuff -- could these women be any more clueless?  Eileen was the only one who seemed to not get involved in this.  Eileen's TH's were mostly dead-on in this ep.  Seriously, could the Lisas really not know what so many are up to now?  The vid Erika did was pretty tame & even typical of what so many do now.  I mean, c'mon, it's all over the place.  Their convo about Erika struck me as them being more out of touch than judgemental -- altho they were being ridiculously judgemental.  

I'm still digging Erika & her I-don't-give-a-fuck-what-you-idiot-women (including & especially Bethenny)-think-of-me.  Rinna is still bugging the piss outta me.  Stop laughing at your unfunny shit in your TH's, Rinna.  Fail, hun!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 14

I think Kyle saved the Kim nuggets intentionally for Bethenny's "scene". Maybe I've been watching too much House of Cards but that seems political. She'll expect payback from Bethenny so she can get on RHoNY or curry some favor with Satan Andy.

So nouveau riche of Bethenny to demand that dress code and have a chef and servants (she's a chef right?) in the Hamptons. Real Hamptons charm and hostess ? See Countess Luann. Visitors from Beverly Hills don't want a Bel Air dining experience they want a luxury Southampton experience, gorgeous, casual and stylish, country. I think Lisa bowed out because she was exhausted with it all. Wasn't she the one who wanted to wear jeans but Bethennny asked for a dress code? Dumb. That was Rinnas first clue that the evening was going to suck. A dress code for a girls night in???? What ?

A real hostess makes her guests feel comfortable. There's no comfort in that home. Dress how I tell you, drink my swill, admire my driftwood bar accessorized at TJ Maxx and listen to my agenda, watch ME, look at ME, admire ME. Give me what my parents didn't.... Hostessing FAIL. Therapy Beth, therapy.....

Did Bethenny really give them a dress code? I missed that, but I kept wondering why LisaR said she was going to wear jeans, but not now. I thought she meant because the other girls weren't. 

I didn't like Bethenny's outfit or her hair. She should have just let everyone be casual. They all looked like the were going to fall over walking in those gravel driveways and hiking in her backyard. 

• Love 6

Lisa V isn't exactly going to boast about the 'little vixen' type she played in a couple of music videos from the 1980's. The band was called Naked Eyes, the song was 'What In The Name of Love' There's another by a group called ABC titled 'Poison Arrow'. I suppose Lisa's acting skills weren't wanted so she went to the dark side of being music video eye-candy. She also won't boast about her role in a 1973 movie as a child actress in 'A Touch of Class'. It seems that even as a 9 year old actress she was drawn to class in some way or another. Has she ever compared credentials and acting training with Kyle or Kim? Um, newp. She doesn't mention too much how she was 21 when she married Ken who was 37 at the time, and they married just six weeks after meeting. I wonder if Lisa would mind if Eileen brought up the fact that Ken was briefly married to a model from the 60's, a former Bond girl, Pamela and how he basically handed over full custody of his only son to Pamela when they divorced.

Info on husbands is rather hard to confirm. Google still says Ken is a former soccer player, and Mohamed is the ghost of an Iraqi politician born in 1907 and died in 1999.
  • Love 4
steelcitysister, on 13 Jan 2016 - 1:59 PM, said:steelcitysister, on 13 Jan 2016 - 1:59 PM, said:

Heh, agreed! Imagine the fit she pitched: I am Jill Zarin! Mommy loved my older sister more, I don't sit in the second row and I don't wait!  But who is BD Farrah? An infrequently seen Friend of the HWs or Kyle's eldest daughter? That's the only Farrah I recall.

Oops that's Farrah Abraham from Teen Mom.  Total trainwreck who did sex tape/porn film called: Farrah Superstar: Backdoor Teen Mom.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 3

From Yolanda's blog today:

Why do we have to explain who we are or why we do what we do? Aren't we entitled to living our lives? Just because mine does not look like yours, there has to be something wrong?

Excuse me while I laugh myself into an asthma attack.  Yolanda's entire PERSONA is based on moral pronouncements as to what other people should and should not be doing.   She has spent her entire run of the show declaring people drunk, phony, false friends, insincere, etc. etc.  If we were to edit out all the times Yolanda cast aspersions on the values/ethics/judgment of her fellow housewives, all that would be left is her saying "my love" and "Gigi on the bus!" and 27,000 different descriptions of her ailments. 

I do agree with the many assessments that this entire episode was about power plays - Lisa V as the queen of the BH, and her insecurities as others threaten her throne.  Bethenny, as Andy's favorite and the queen of the east coast; Eileen, as rookie of the year, last season; and Erika, as the newest threat to the crown.  Bethenny and Lisa V. were VERY thirsty trying to show they were in charge. It was almost interesting.

This episode also made clear, once and for all, why Kyle will never be the queen.  She cares way too much about what other people think, and her desperation to be popular and well liked (and not have anyone get mad at her on twitter) makes me almost sad. Watching her spin and spin trying to keep everyone on her side (Lisa V, Lisa R, Bethenny, Erika) made me dizzy.  

• Love 13

THIS x 10. Is hubby paying Bravo for Erika Jayne to get so much screen time? Because I see no reason why otherwise. We see a bit of Eileen at Y&R, LisaR on QVC and LVP at her restaurant. I have already seen (no pun intented) more of EJ in a couple of epis that all of those segements combined.

So was the beautiful flower arrangement in the ugly vase that Ken carried in to Betthany's house pilfered from the rental house? There was the exact same arrangement/vase both on the kitchen table and in a hallway of the rental. Or was it just a prop to give something for Ken to do and was returned to the rental after Betthany's gathering? Why do I notice these things and wonder? I have no idea.

I too was wondering if that was the same floral arrangement. lol

I have no issues Bethenny telling guests to dress for her party. It's actually good etiquette, then nobody feels under or over dressed.for the occasion.because they have a clue.

Same as saying an event is casual,  formal / black tie, cocktail, etc.

I remember an old episode of Bewitched of Sam and Darrin  going to Darrin's wealthy ex-girlfriend's  hse for a party, the hostess said it was casual and when they arrived  in casual clothes it was a formal just  to fuck with Sam and make her uneasy.

Next time they were invited, the hostess said it was casual, and  Sam thought we won't be fooled again and they arrived  dressed in formal attire....when they walked in party guests were as in jeans and chinos.

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 9

Info on husbands is rather hard to confirm. Google still says Ken is a former soccer player, and Mohamed is the ghost of an Iraqi politician born in 1907 and died in 1999.

Mohamed Hadid is a real estate developer, former husband to Yolanda of course and father to her three children. He's wealthy, so I get it. The other guy that Ken Todd is 'supposedly' guy-friends with, Martin Genis is somewhat of a mystery. Apparently he's connected to the well-to-do Beverly Hills rich in some way. To me he always seems to be a 'hanger-on-r' that magically appears at all the housewives social functions holding a glass. He was even in the limo when Kim and Kyle had their huge fight and the reveal of Kim's alcoholism. So, who the heck is he really? He did a five second cameo (holding a drink of course) in an Indy movie called The Madame.So now my brain goes to the dark side wondering if Martin is the local boy-whore servicing all the lonely and unhappy rich Beverly Hills wives. Or, maybe he's the local cocaine connection. It's better than we don't know more about Martin or Mohammed because they don't mean anything to anyone here and nobody cares.  LOL!

• Love 6

Holy cow! All this great info, loved the photo of young Lisa VP!  Why doesn't she ever share her child acting experience?  I do remember the ABC video, I loved them back in the day.

• Love 3

Erika: "Is she being a bitch or is she just being......(looks off to the side; long pause for effect)... jealous?"    After B essentially calls her a hooker: paraphrasing "Sure I'll represent for the hookers. They need love too."   Thank you for the breath in my lungs honey, because you just gave me life. With these statements Erika swerved that petty naysayer that come at her. She remained unbothered, while Bethanny sat there panini pressed! 

I am not gonna say that Erika is all that interesting and I am not enthralled and enamored of her alter ego Erika Jayne. Frankly, I don't see why she would have such an alleged gay following. Her over-sexualized routine/clothing choices, Barbie blondness, lack of dance skills seem a bit basic too me. I thought you had to be little more than that to appeal to that demographic but maybe her dance tunes are just that good, however, Cher, Britney or Gaga she ain't. She is basically blonde Melissa Gorga if you ask me but with actual wealth to back it up so maybe she can afford better 'people.' But I digress, I don't find her all that fascinating but I think she handles her self great in the situations she finds herself in on the show. Most of all, she seems to know and be true to herself. She is a very rich bitch and she ain't afraid to show it but it doesn't come off as braggy per say.

Ugh Bethanny. What an acerbic, abrasive, bitter strip of rawhide she has turned out to be. Words fly out of her mouth with the staccato and speed of bullets from a machine gun. She can have her moments of likability but this wasn't one of them. Music advise from Bethanny? Chick is at least a decade behind on pop culture trends. Her OMG sound bite for last season of RHONYC was 'get off my jock!" Andy and the HW acted like she invented that shit when I remember hearing and saying it back in at least the late 90's early 2000s. Give her until around 2020 and she will have 'invented' the phrases 'girl, bye,' 'giving me life' and 'snatched edges." She's an innovator that B!

Everything isn't about branding B! She started to sound like Sonja Morgan (luxury lifestyle brand guru - the classes not the masses y'all) going on and on about it because it sounded like a whole lot of nothing when trying to put Erika's music in that context. In some respects I get what she was saying because as I said above it seems like you have to be more than just a hyper sexual blow up doll to be a gay icon but it wasn't her place, she wasn't asked and even if she was, she could have proferred her bit of advice in a more professional less acerbic way.

B's house is gorgeous! Love the backyard!

Good gawd! Giggy's outfit looked like it was made of flannel.

It is interesting seeing Lisa show her hand. She doesn't have a minion this season so she has to ask all the messy questions herself. I don't think Lisa is the genius Bobby Fisher chess player that Kyle see her as but she is savvy. When it comes to these women, I think Lisa rarely asks a question that she doesn't if not know, suspects, she knows the answer to.

I like Elaine and I thought her being so fangirly about Erika was cute but I just can't find it within myself to champion for her in this 'affair' which must not be mentioned. You are on a messy ass reality show that you are paid handsomely to participate. Words of advice:
1. With Andy and all these thirsty chicks in the mix it is only a matter of time before that messy ass chapter in your life is put on the show. It is all fodder for the Bravo machine.
2. You don't want to take about it, shut that shit down quick, fast and in a hurry.
3. It is no one's job but yours to shield your son about the messy ass way you got together with his daddy and if that was such a concern you should've stayed your ass on soaps and never took the check. I never knew about it until you joined this show. So.... what does that tell ya?
4. Take a page from Erika's novel - don't let these women see that you are bothered.

Old news, petty and stupid but I find Lisar's whole mouth situation abhorrent to look at. There was a profile view at the wine tasting that just made me shudder. It is like a prolapse in progress. At least she has the sense not to wear bold lipstick, especially red.

I think Erika would be prettier if her hair wasn't one shade of ultra blond.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 17

THIS. It cracks me up with all the "Erika is so real!" "She's too cool to care!" "She eats cake! She's just like us!" "She plays the Jedi mind trick on haters, if they like her, that's a problem!" Please! She knows what people say and think about her. She just says it before you can. If she were as secure and bad-ass as she likes to put out there, she wouldn't even give people the satisfaction; she'd make THEM say it, not make it easy for them.

There doesn't seem to be anything to her besides her gays and her costumes. Being Erika whoever and being Erika Jayne only makes her twice as boring to me.

I went online to watch her video after the show, and I didn't think sexy, I thought sad. No matter how dewy the skin, she's clearly (well) past the pop diva starting gate. The singing was weak, and that video for the song featuring Flo-rida (Crazy) gave me second-hand embarrassment and watching her try to keep up with the young'uns gave me Kris Jenner teas.

IMO she's anything BUT real. She's as fake as the rest, just in a different way. But she IS married-rich, and that allows her to give no fucks now.  She's not grasping as much as the others because she doesn't have to. I have no doubt cocktail waitress Erika was a game-playing, grasping mofo.

<snip>

The one thing I will say about Erika, she has the most absolutely stunning skin!  Just amazing and perfect.  That's a child with a mother who never let her child outside without a great deal of sun protection.  No tanning booths for her as a teen, or laying out on the beach with friends.  That kind of skin doesn't happen with exposure to sun.  Just lovely.

The rest though?  I agree.  I said earlier that I agreed with everything Bethenny said about that video, I just would have never SAID it, but that's why Bethenny gets the big bucks.  She will. 

I don't get why gays love her though?  Is watching a surgically enhanced woman crawl around and do half assed stripper moves some kind of thing?  I'm serious about this question, it may sound snarky, but it's not.  I really want to know, and don't get it.  WHAT is the deal with that dynamic?  Help!  The music?  Yeah.  Zero comments on that, top of dance charts though?  Who else is in competition on dance charts, anyone with any fame?

Yeah, Erika is rich as hell, she's not actually trying to make money, so her website is unfinished and weak, she doesn't need to "market" because this seems like more of a hobby/fetish than an attempt to actually make a living.  She made her 'living' when she married a guy 30+ years older.  I don't fault her for that. 

Lisa was asking when Eileen knew Vince was THE one, was it their first kiss on screen, their first make-out scene on camera......just when she knew she got butterflies from/with him. I didn't think the questions that intrusive or probing but I don't think Eileen heard anything past the first "affair" question. That 1 word "affair" made her hear something other than what Lisa was really asking, which was about their romance. Lisa used the wrong word and because of that Eileen shut down IMO.

You know, "affair" isn't really a bad word and doesn't necessarily mean infidelity.  When you fall in love you don't skip straight to the altar, generally you have a love affair first.  Should she had said courtship?  Relationship works I guess, but you can have a "relationship" with your child's teacher or your next door neighbor. 

I think both Lisa V and Bethenny know what BRAVO wants, and are also good at listening to instructions.  I picture producers pulling them aside before taping.

To Lisa:  OK, try to coax SOME kind of life from that stiff robot Eileen!  For God's sake we are paying that woman a fucking FORTUNE!  Bring up the adultery!  Do whatever it takes to get something we can use on camera!  You can do it Lisa!

To Bethenny:  Do your thing Bethenny, just be you, but so far, we hired this sex kitten gold digger to bring some life/controversy back and she's coming off as Miss Manners!  Try to get SOMETHING we can use here!  She's boring the fuck out of us!  Her!  We expected at least a few ripples and instead it's dead calm, which means dead air.  HELP US!  We'll pay you!

Good lord.  Into the garbage they go.

Apparently they're causing allergic reactions in some users.  For me, they just never did much but take up a lot of space.  Plus, I don't like sticking my fingers into the pot.  But, knowing what a lip balm ho I am, my friends and family see them at the store and think they're so cute that I'm the proud owner of at least 10.  The orange one is the only one that really moisturizes. IMO.

Speaking of lips, what if Rinna was having an allergic reaction to the scallops and in addition to her other symptoms - her lips had blown up.  Further. 

I think Rinna got sick because actual food was being consumed, she couldn't complete fake eating, and she had to go purge.  It came out of both ends, most likely because of a finger down her throat and a suppository up her ass.

Lisa V isn't exactly going to boast about the 'little vixen' type she played in a couple of music videos from the 1980's. The band was called Naked Eyes, the song was 'What In The Name of Love' There's another by a group called ABC titled 'Poison Arrow'. I suppose Lisa's acting skills weren't wanted so she went to the dark side of being music video eye-candy. She also won't boast about her role in a 1973 movie as a child actress in 'A Touch of Class'. It seems that even as a 9 year old actress she was drawn to class in some way or another. Has she ever compared credentials and acting training with Kyle or Kim?  Um, newp. She doesn't mention too much how she was 21 when she married Ken who was 37 at the time, and they married just six weeks after meeting. I wonder if Lisa would mind if Eileen brought up the fact that Ken was briefly married to a model from the 60's, a former Bond girl, Pamela and how he basically handed over full custody of his only son to Pamela when they divorced.

Lisa has talked about Ken's first wife, remember all those scenes in France with his son?  Oh, and other times.  She's certainly never made a secret of Ken being 37 (and divorced) when she fell for him at 21 either.  I think she mentions it once per episode.  ;)

Did Bethenny really give them a dress code? I missed that, but I kept wondering why LisaR said she was going to wear jeans, but not now. I thought she meant because the other girls weren't. 

If, by Bethenny you mean did Bravo want them all doodied up and use Bethenny to tell them on camera so they wouldn't look like idiots for dressing?  Then, yeah.  ;)  This wasn't a "girl's dinner" it was the taping of a scene for a reality show.  I seriously doubt Bethenny would give a flying fuck what any of them wore, cameras or not, but Bravo did.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 10

I didn't like Bethenny's outfit or her hair. She should have just let everyone be casual. They all looked like the were going to fall over walking in those gravel driveways and hiking in her backyard. 

I was really surprised at how frumpy Bethenny looked.  Her hair was a mess & the dress she wore actually did what I thought would be impossible to do to Bethenny.  It made her look dumpy.  Er, huh?  She looked like absolute shit next to Erika, who looked fresh & pretty.  Hmmmm, could that have been why Bethenny zeroed in on Erika to hurl her insults & nasty bullshit?  Well, Bethenny doesn't need much motivation to start pulling that shit -- on ANYONE near her.  Sorry, I know I said it before, but sheesh, I wouldn't wanna be anywhere near her.

Now, for a typical gal out in the Hamptons, hosting a party at her home, Bethenny looked perfectly fine.  But for being on cam, it still surprises me Bethenny was OK to let herself look so shitty.  She's usually very carefully groomed & well-dressed when she goes out in public & when she's on cam.  Wonder what gives here.  Maybe just a bad choice she made here?

Did she have a dress code?  I missed that.  Doesn't seem like her style & since it's so super casual in the Hamptons, it seems odd to me.  The only reason I could see for jeans being out of place is cuz it wouldn't be the right fit to hang by the pool.  And a dress or shorts or lighter-weight pants would be so much more comfortable, given the weather & sitting by the pool.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

Did anyone catch Bethenny calling Erika a ho when she went to the bathroom?

Scurries to look up the EOS lawsuit.  I must have a dozen of them rolling around drawers, purses, glove boxes....

I looked up EOS and the first thing that came up was the lawsuit (there are images). I bought one last year, which I only used a handful of times. I'm more of a Burt's Bees girl. 

• Love 3