Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/11/16

Athena
  • Start Topic

Can someone quickly recap or give keyword so I can search re the topic related to rape?  I didn't watch today.

I think I found it, the gang rape of an 18 year old in Brooklyn?  And so in the discussion they blamed the victim?

Who peed in Whoopie's cereal this morning? She is insufferable with her attitude and opinions..I did not like how she dominated the conversations today and I didn't like how she treated Candace when she disagreed with her..She is awful with her smugness and arrogance..

• Love 6

@bannana - they talked about DeBlasio and Bratton suggesting that women use the buddy system to hail cabs because 15 rapes in 2015 were perpetrated by cabbies.

Thanks, Nextiteration.  Wow, I had no idea about this story.  Thanks for the link.  I guess they don't think a guy can rape two women?

As women, we are aware of our surroundings, it is ingrained, especially if you have been assaulted.  But  you can't go through life with a "buddy".  I was assaulted (not raped) in my building's laundry room on a Sunday afternoon, by some weirdo stalker dude, who assaulted many women in my city.  I was lucky.  

I like that the Mayor at least said it is the City's job to ensure women are safe.

Glad I didn't hear the religious discussion relating to rape.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 7

I'll sit in my corner with the opinion that Whoopi tearing into CCB about religion and right wrong was a good thing.  I might have mentioned before that my biggest takeaway from 10 years of CCD  after Vatican II was the Golden Rule.

Generally speaking, I agree that Whoopi's heavy handedness sucks (and she was awful on Polanski and Cosby), but it was Raven that was spot on about the victim blaming.

• Love 8

I had on the spew while i cleaned and did laundry today. Watched a bit of the first part, plus CCBs nonsensical comment that having the 10 commandments in government buildings would help stop rape. The lint in my dryer has more brain cells.

Then i noticed walking by, that Whoopi's voice was the only one i was hearing for a long time. I thought the view was supposed to be about different views from different women. ABC, what hath thy wrought?

• Love 15

In this Whoopi vs. Paula thing going on, I think Paula's winning. She will not take the bait (unlike RO to her detriment). Paula's coming off as the cool, calm professional while Whoopi looks like a spoiled brat.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 18

"CCBs nonsensical comment that having the 10 commandments in government buildings would help stop rape. The lint in my dryer has more brain cells."

Yeah-maybe if we could get the ten commandments in every government building, we wouldn't even need police or jails or prisons!

• Love 10
Sherri was on Andy Cohen or maybe I just watched it and she indicated Raven needs a sitcom because she is sooooo good at it.

Maybe it's a backhanded compliment.  We've read often (here and there) that Sherri is annoying as a comic, annoying on talk shows, but fairly impressive in her various acting gigs.  Maybe it's Sherri's "sweet" way of saying, "View producers.  Dump the Raven."

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 2

"CCBs nonsensical comment that having the 10 commandments in government buildings would help stop rape. The lint in my dryer has more brain cells."

Yeah-maybe if we could get the ten commandments in every government building, we wouldn't even need police or jails or prisons!

Put them on every street corner too!

• Love 2

I had to stop watching today's recording, couldn't take anymore Whoopi judging everything about everyone and about stuff she has no idea about like mothers and sons!  She definitely is after Paula, hilarious to watch really because Paula is taking the high road and is not letting WG get to her, good for her!

I love how Paula is pretty clear that she's not taking Whoopi's attacks personally at all; that Paula's career is so much more than this show and especially Whoopi Goldberg.   She's always polite but she's not kissing any ass or street fighting either.   I think she just makes Whoopi look even worse, so points for Paula! 

Can someone quickly recap or give keyword so I can search re the topic related to rape?  I didn't watch today.

Thanks, Nextiteration.  Wow, I had no idea about this story.  Thanks for the link.  I guess they don't think a guy can rape two women?

Glad I didn't hear the religious discussion relating to rape.

If you change your mind I found this clip: http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/video/pl5554876

I had on the spew while i cleaned and did laundry today. Watched a bit of the first part, plus CCBs nonsensical comment that having the 10 commandments in government buildings would help stop rape. The lint in my dryer has more brain cells.

To be fair, she blamed the increase of violence towards women/rape  on the removal of the (a?) plaque with the 10 Commandments, LOL.     And when Whoopi crudely tried to explain that not everyone is a Christian (instead of just  mentioning the separation of Church and State) CCB insisted The 10 Commandments are a great suggestion.  She really only has one channel, no matter what the topic.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 10

I hate when they advertise topics they never get to. They did it twice today. Apparently Candace was upset about Obama’s State of the Union or something. Thankfully we never heard her thoughts.

Maybe in the interim someone in production realized having that dumbass Hair and Makeup CCB (its not even pageant hair -- more like best in show; I'm just not sure if it is an afghan at rest or a horse's tail approaching the last gate), talk about a speech that had not happened yet and how upset she was about it made more sense on Fox and not The View.  I wonder if she had already heard he was going to mention Paris and not weep?

• Love 5

I didn't watch the show, but I watched the clip posted above.  It made me glad I missed the show.  Conversations like that make me feel like weeping for the days of yore, with Lisa Ling and Meredith and Star.  I miss the intelligent, informed conversations they used to have.  

Speaking of Star, isn't she fairly religious/Christian?  I seem to recall her making reference to her faith as she articulated a point on occasion.   But I never recall her sounding as stupid as Candice always sounds.  Does that woman really think that rape happens because men are not familiar enough with the ten commandments?  Like, it's news or something to them that sexually assaulting another human being is wrong, and if they read more bible they wouldn't do stuff like that?  Because her thinking really did sound just that simplistic to me. 

She obviously has NO understanding of the nature of sexual violence.  Like ... ZERO.  It's kind of hard to believe anyone could be so ignorant.  It's like she is some kind of anti-woman double agent who has been planted on the panel just to put out disinformation to set the cause of womankind back or something.  She's just a little fool.

• Love 14

I want to shoot my TV every time Stacy London is on.  Why does she have to scream and shout and basically act like an idiot every time she's on with the View Your Deal?  

As soon as I know her segment is coming up, I hit the "stop" and "erase" buttons, and that's the end of that day's episode for me.   I can't tolerate her at all for even a second.  She's just too much in absolutely every way.  I've been watching this show from the very beginning, and - although I certainly haven't liked them all - she's the only one in all these years that I literally cannot watch.

I'll sit in my corner with the opinion that Whoopi tearing into CCB about religion and right wrong was a good thing.  I might have mentioned before that my biggest takeaway from 10 years of CCD  after Vatican II was the Golden Rule.

Well, I'll sit in the corner with you.  Through that entire conversation, I kept thinking about the Golden Rule and how that's what it all really comes down to.  And then when Whoopi finally said that, I was so glad.  It's really that basic, and it needed to be said.

• Love 6

So bemused by the oft-expressed (in recent years) admiration & pining for Star Jones - couldn't stand her, dating from before her bridezilla period.  She came across IMO as an arrogant, insecure 1-woman admiration society, who never missed a chance to name-drop, belittle, brag, or cozy up to a "celeb," in short a minor league Barb Walters in the making.  And yes, she considered herself a "Christian,' & deservedly/uniquely "blessed" to have avoided the terrrible tsunami in one of her frequent vacay spots (was it Malaysia??) where countless others (nonbelievers??) died.  But she's a Democrat & so (apparently) can do no (or little, at any rate) wrong.  FWIW, I also refuse to vote Rep. in any race, but do feel this forum is often uncomfortably one-sided.  ('Tho' often educational - I learned that CCD is apparently some type of Catholic ed group - thought it was a typo for CCB at first - i disagree with 99% of the latter's comments, but can we not even compliment Tues.'s sleeker hair style after all the lampooning of her "pageant" hair? Granted she's usually a horse's ass, but now she looks like an Afghan dog??)

• Love 4

('Tho' often educational - I learned that CCD is apparently some type of Catholic ed group - thought it was a typo for CCB at first - i disagree with 99% of the latter's comments, but can we not even compliment Tues.'s sleeker hair style after all the lampooning of her "pageant" hair? Granted she's usually a horse's ass, but now she looks like an Afghan dog??)

Her hair was way better on Tuesday, I agree!  I think that CCD is now called "Formation", I'm really old. ;)

• Love 3

Actually, I did agree with Whoopi somewhat yesterday, too, not just on the rape topic, but also about the word "Tallywackers" being censored. WTH? But "Hooters" is A-okay?

But most of all I'm remembering when Whoopi flat-out refused to start the saying "I Love You" too soon topic properly. Candace had to jump in and introduce it because Whoopi had too much derision to do her very difficult job...

I wonder if her, "Yes. I'm still here," comment coming back from break was supposed to mean something?

• Love 5

Coincidentally, I had a post show up on my FB timeline yesterday saying something similar.  It said that there were no school shootings when kids recited the Pledge of Allegience and when schools were allowed prayer and could post the Ten Commandments.  I smh and wondered if anyone really believed it was that simple... other than CCB.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 7

Have been watching this mess a day late…..the Ten Commandments in public spaces to prevent violent crime is just one of most stupid things they've ever discussed.  And it reminds me how many f----d-up people are walking around out there.

Whoopi seems even more negative lately.  The crazy way she chooses to pontificate about anything/everything makes her look like an idiot.  Why would she bother telling-off Paula about the different relationships mothers have with their sons (vs. daughters).   She just sort of snapped after Paula gave her opinion.  An opinion based on solid first-hand experience.  But NO, Whoopi Goldberg knows EVERYTHING about the human condition.  All while wearing animal paw slippers and man-spreading, as one does.  

• Love 10

If I win the Power Ball, I'm going to pay ABC to pay Whoopi out!!!  LOL.

I was laughing at the prospect of seeing a powerball winner on tv being asked what she will do with the winnings, answering "pay ABC. To dump whoopi!"

And we will all be watching on tv, saying "I know her! Well, I don't KNOW her, but I know who she is".

• Love 5

Who is Whoopi to talk about anyone else's parenting decisions? Didn't I read on here that she got pregnant in high school and her mother raised her child, or something along those lines? I doubt she made a "choice" about only having the number of children she could take care of.

She was just looking for a reason to lay into Paula, and Paula looked like for the first time she was getting pissed.

• Love 9

Maybe If the 10 commandments were tattooed on everyone's forehead (th were wd be less crime).

They still say pledge of allegiance in public schools AND "under God".

Star Jones was in Dubai. Star was full of herself before her inner bridezilla took over, plus she lied about her weight loss surgery. Saw her abt 6 mos ago, and looks like she has gained some back. Loved Tracy Morgan s imitation of her on SNL, saying, "I'm a LAWYER," every 10 seconds.

• Love 7

Wow. Why can't Paula make a point without Whoopi trying to totally shut her down? I was fuming over that discussion about "having it all". Paula had a very valid point about raising three young children and two jobs with a story about her makeup mishap, and Whoopi just beat her up about it. If I were Paula, I think I would rethink this gig on the View. If the producers can't make Whoopi cut this out, why should Paula put up with this? She has another good job, so why take this abuse?

• Love 12

Wow. Why can't Paula make a point without Whoopi trying to totally shut her down? I was fuming over that discussion about "having it all". Paula had a very valid point about raising three young children and two jobs with a story about her makeup mishap, and Whoopi just beat her up about it. If I were Paula, I think I would rethink this gig on the View. If the producers can't make Whoopi cut this out, why should Paula put up with this? She has another good job, so why take this abuse?

My bold.  I agree Kenz, but I think she's bound by her contract.  Poor girl!  BUT, I don't think she's taking this crap lying down.  I'll bet my Power Ball money that she's raising hell behind the scenes because she's no shrinking violet.

• Love 11

So bemused by the oft-expressed (in recent years) admiration & pining for Star Jones - couldn't stand her, dating from before her bridezilla period.  She came across IMO as an arrogant, insecure 1-woman admiration society, who never missed a chance to name-drop, belittle, brag, or cozy up to a "celeb," in short a minor league Barb Walters in the making.  And yes, she considered herself a "Christian,' & deservedly/uniquely "blessed" to have avoided the terrrible tsunami in one of her frequent vacay spots (was it Malaysia??) where countless others (nonbelievers??) died.  But she's a Democrat & so (apparently) can do no (or little, at any rate) wrong.  FWIW, I also refuse to vote Rep. in any race, but do feel this forum is often uncomfortably one-sided. 

I don't believe I lauded Star's personality, but at any rate ...

What I miss about Star (and Lisa and Meredith) is their intellect.  Any one of them is more intelligent (and also more informed and more sensitive) than the entire panel that is the show now, combined.  I suppose things are just that bad on the show now - it is possible to fondly remember just about anyone in light of how pathetic the current cast is, no matter how grating the personality of that former cast member.  At this point, I would welcome back virtually anyone from the past because it would be an improvement over who we have now.  The ignorance, stupidity, and insensitivity on the show is sometimes that shocking.  Candice's ten commandments nonsense yesterday is a good example.  

I should add that I personally have no recollection of Star's political affiliation (I actually would have guessed she was on the conservative side, being a former prosecutor and all).  So you can rest assured that my failure to be indignant over statements she made about her religion over a decade ago has nothing to do with her being a democrat any more than my disgust with Candice's moronic statements about the ten commandments has anything to do with her being a republican.  I just don't remember Star embarrassing herself in an intellectual fashion the way Candice did yesterday, which is why I had to ask about her referencing being a Christian when making her points occasionally.  It is unfortunate if she is, in fact, one of those countless Christians you see on TV expressing the idea that God must have been protecting them from (insert name of disaster) because they escaped harm while others perished.  But that sentiment was just so common where I grew up, I ceased to find it eye-roll worthy before I was out of grade school (I gather you don't watch sports because the thanking of The Lord for a victory is pretty common as well, as if Jesus must hate one team and love the other and intervened in the outcome of the game.  Whenever some athlete says something like that, it is cause for laughter in my house every time).  

Is that disaster thing the only thing Star ever said about her religion that you can remember?  Because I have to say, as silly as it is, I can't agree it rises to the level of foolishness of Candice's statement yesterday.   Maybe I have just heard that kind of thing Star said a million times and Candice's preposterous notion that displaying a plaque of the ten commandments will prevent rape was a wholly new brand of foolishness that took me aback ... but ... nah.   What Candice said yesterday was ten thousand times dumber.  LOL.  It has nothing to do with her politics.  That girl is just a moron.  IMHO, of course.  YMMV. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 10

My bold.  I agree Kenz, but I think she's bound by her contract.  Poor girl!  BUT, I don't think she's taking this crap lying down.  I'll bet my Power Ball money that she's raising hell behind the scenes because she's no shrinking violet.

I agree. I didn't see it today but Paula is an ABC News Division employee and I'm sure they want her on this show and value her on this show. As opposed to Whoopi who has a contract that they probably wish wouldn't be still in effect.

I hate to read that Whoopi beat Paula up about sharing something like that. I know Paula is professional but I sometimes think she might say to herself "Why the heck did I share that in the presence of that moderator."

I don't believe I lauded Star's personality, but at any rate ...

What I miss about Star (and Lisa and Meredith) is their intellect.  Any one of them is more intelligent (and also more informed and more sensitive) than the entire panel that is the show now, combined.  I suppose things are just that bad on the show now - it is possible to fondly remember just about anyone in light of how pathetic the current cast is, no matter how grating the personality of that former cast member.  At this point, I would welcome back virtually anyone from the past because it would be an improvement over who we have now.  The ignorance, stupidity, and insensitivity on the show is sometimes that shocking.  Candice's ten commandments nonsense yesterday is a good example.  

I should add that I personally have no recollection of Star's political affiliation (I actually would have guessed she was on the conservative side, being a former prosecutor and all).  So you can rest assured that my failure to be indignant over statements she made about her religion over a decade ago has nothing to do with her being a democrat any more than my disgust with Candice's moronic statements about the ten commandments has anything to do with her being a republican.  I just don't remember Star embarrassing herself in an intellectual fashion the way Candice did yesterday, which is why I had to ask if she was the one who did, in fact, reference being a Christian when making her points occasionally.  It is unfortunate if she is, in fact, one of those countless Christians you see on TV expressing the idea that God must have been protecting them from (insert name of disaster) because they escaped harm while others perished.  But that sentiment was just so common where I grew up, I ceased to find it eye-roll worthy before I was out of grade school (I gather you don't watch sports because the thanking of The Lord for a victory is pretty common as well, as if Jesus must hate one team and love the other and intervened in the outcome of the game.  Whenever some athlete says something like that, it is cause for laughter in my house every time).  

Is that disaster thing the only thing Star ever said about her religion that you can remember?  Because I have to say, as silly as it is, I can't agree it rises to the level of foolishness of Candice's statement yesterday.   Maybe I have just heard that kind of thing Star said a million times and Candice's preposterous notion that displaying a plaque of the ten commandments will prevent rape was a wholly new brand of foolishness that took me aback ... but ... nah.   What Candice said yesterday was ten thousand times dumber.  LOL.  It has nothing to do with her politics.  That girl is just a moron.  IMHO, of course.  YMMV. 

I feel the same way about Star. Intelligent conversation between informed and smart women. The only thing I couldn't stand though about Star was when she was constantly talking about her wedding gifts and wedding preparations. It made her sound greedy and crass.

• Love 11

It's been pretty common for a long time in conservative and christian circles to say that ever since praying in schools, corporal punishment in schools, or whatever, was outlawed - something else has increased, thereby PROVING the two are connected.   I have heard friends and relatives  make this argument, and sincerely believe that it is PROVEN that not having mandatory prayer in school has caused all kinds of social problems.  

My response is to say something silly like -   I noticed that I started taking vitamins a few years ago, and ever since then, my hair is turning gray - vitamins must cause gray hair!  Or -   ever since cable tv was invented, kids are taller -   Cable tv causes growth in teens! 

some people get it, but others never will.   

Correlation doesn't prove causation.  

• Love 23

I'm sure you're right, Medicine Crow, and as an ABC employee she has to tow the line and try to be gracious, but I can only imagine the conversations she has in private with her husband and friends about being pushed around by Bully Whoopi. And who knows, maybe Whoopi will leave the show someday and that will let Paula loosen up and be more comfortable.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 5

I feel the same way about Star. Intelligent conversation between informed and smart women. The only thing I couldn't stand though about Star was when she was constantly talking about her wedding gifts and wedding preparations. It made her sound greedy and crass.

Isn't that what basically cost her her job?  That wedding nonsense?  It always struck me as so crazy she would think she could get away with all that, being a lawyer and all.  She had to have been well aware of the ABC (and every other network's) policy against accepting stuff for free in exchange for plugging goods/service providers.  I guess she just didn't give a rat's ass.   Maybe she thought she was just too special to be held accountable.  The whole thing was just nuts.

As annoying as she could be, the one thing I will always give Star a big "thumbs up" for was the way she just announced out of the blue she was not returning the next season.  It was supposed to be hush-hush and she just went "in your face, Barbara!" and blurted it out one day. Of course she was immediately shown the door, and was not allowed to finish out the last few weeks of shows.  According to Wiki, that summer they only showed re-runs of shows that she had not appeared in and she was snipped from the opening.  haha   I know Star deserved to be fired, but the way she didn't take it lying down just amused me.  Plus, why were her wedding shenanigans allowed to go on for so long? I would have thought one word from Barbara Walters telling her to knock it off would have ended it. Did Barbara not say anything? Did Star refuse to obey?  No one has ever really told the whole story that I know of.  Maybe some day someone will admit what really was going down behind the scenes.  I'd love to know. 

• Love 10
Wow. Why can't Paula make a point without Whoopi trying to totally shut her down? I was fuming over that discussion about "having it all". Paula had a very valid point about raising three young children and two jobs with a story about her makeup mishap, and Whoopi just beat her up about it

The worst thing is that Whoopi gets so pissed about it!  Instead of letting the other panelists laugh with Paula and add some of their faux pas, Dictator Goldberg laid it on thick.  She is such a bully and seems to get rid of anyone she doesn't like.  Please don't let it happen to Paula.  I wasn't much of a fan, but now I'm in protector mode!  I'm going to write a letter of complaint to this guy (hope he's the right one):

Mr. James Goldston President 

ABC News

Disney/ABC Television Group 

Corporate Headquarters

500 South Buena Vista Street

Burbank, California 91521-4581

• Love 13

I like how Candace thinks The White House is going to use Snapchat for valuable information, like they'd put lives in danger by using it to warn of a terrorist attack.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 8

The worst thing is that Whoopi gets so pissed about it!  Instead of letting the other panelists laugh with Paula and add some of their faux pas, Dictator Goldberg laid it on thick.  She is such a bully and seems to get rid of anyone she doesn't like.  Please don't let it happen to Paula.  I wasn't much of a fan, but now I'm in protector mode!  I'm going to write a letter of complaint to this guy (hope he's the right one):

Mr. James Goldston President 

ABC News

Disney/ABC Television Group 

Corporate Headquarters

500 South Buena Vista Street

Burbank, California 91521-4581

Thanks for that name and address. I've already complained to the View's website about the unprofessional and bullying tactics of Miss Whoopi. I wasn't the only one apparently. That contract of hers makes it impossible for them to get rid of her I think. I will give your suggestion a try though.

• Love 4
I like how Candace thinks The White House is going to use Snapchat for valuable information, like they'd put lives in danger by using it to warn of a terrorist attack.

When Mr. Trump is elected, maybe he can select her as the head of Homeland Security.

• Love 8

I don't dislike Whoopi. I do dislike her in the role as a moderator on The View. Bring her on as a guest. She'd probably be great. She just has no business being in charge of running things on a talk show. She truly sucks at this job and it's time for the ABC muckety mucks to write this one off and move on.

• Love 13

Gotta hand it to Paula for her self control as regards the way Whoopie lit into her for saying she doesn't always have enough time between her jobs and kids. Wow.

I agree.  I'm pretty good at maintaining a smiling face even when I'm seething inside, but today's attack would likely have made me lose my temper.  Whoopi was unrelenting..

Paula's story about not having time for the most simple things certainly resonated with many women.  She didn't present it so much as complaining as being amused by it.  And it should have led to the other women sharing similar stories and laughing together.  Instead, it took an entirely different turn that served no purpose and did nothing other than make everyone (those at the table, those viewing at home, those in the studio audience) uncomfortable.

I don't really have a problem with Paula, but I think sometimes she's a bit too wishy-washy and doesn't come across as intelligent as she is.  And I usually don't mind Whoopi .  (She's a former neighbor of mine, so I have some bias, I guess.)  But today I was 100% Team Paula, and if she had stood up and screamed at Whoopi, I would have applauded.

"You CAN have it all!" argued the mother of one child. You know, handing your kid over to your mother to raise while you hit the road is a choice too, Whoopi.

That's exactly what I thought too.  Whoopi made her choices, and perhaps her daughter was better off.  Or not.  But either way, Whoopi's experience was not at all representative of the way most mothers with careers live.  Paula's situation is far more common and far easier for most mothers to relate to.  Most working moms really do struggle trying to do it all.  Whether or not you can have it all is up for debate, but it's certainly not an easy thing to do.  And someone who was free to pursue a career while having her mother raise her child is not in a position to say that it is.

The worst thing is that Whoopi gets so pissed about it!  Instead of letting the other panelists laugh with Paula and add some of their faux pas, 

Yes, that's where I thought the conversation was going.  And not only did Whoopi loudly and strongly disagree, she also wouldn't let it drop.  We get it.  It's "The View".  So state your view, and then listen to the views of the other people at the table.  Repeating yourself over & over, arguing, and shouting down someone who is entitled to talk about HER life and HER feelings is all kinds of wrong.   I would like to hear all of their views on every topic discussed, but too often discussions get derailed by something like this.

The moderator should guide the conversation, not pontificate and decree that her view is the only one that's valid.  

• Love 14

I don't dislike Whoopi. I do dislike her in the role as a moderator on The View. Bring her on as a guest. She'd probably be great. She just has no business being in charge of running things on a talk show. She truly sucks at this job and it's time for the ABC muckety mucks to write this one off and move on.

Dislike is not the word for how I NOW feel about The Whoopster.  I really liked her when she first came on The View & just sat there & rested on her laurels, but the more "power" she got, the meaner she got & I don't like bullies.

• Love 10

Paula was making a simple point about how a person can be so distracted, and have a full plate, that you can easily walk out the door without blending your make-up.  I totally get that level of distraction (for whatever reason).   Obi Wan, er…Whoopi had to make it a Jedi moment.  She is so hostile and insecure.  And officially pathetic. 

• Love 10

I worked with mothers who wore two different shoes to work--similar style but different colors.  Many left a coffee cup, diaper bag, you-name-it on top of their cars as they drove away from the day care center.  Whoopi is so High and Mighty she just can't be bothered relating to the little people.

If Nicolle Wallace had told a similar story last year, Whoopi would have been chuckling with her and commiserating.

I don't dislike Whoopi. I do dislike her in the role as a moderator on The View. Bring her on as a guest. She'd probably be great.

I'm sure I started out with this attitude...but it soured long ago.  Her antics on "The View" color my opinion whenever I see her on other shows.  She's so phony with her "humble" attitude and humble-brags.  Nope...we're seeing the REAL Whoopi Goldberg in that moderator's chair.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 17

Excellent post Former Nun.....could not agree more.

Her mother raised Alex....Whoopi didn't.

Oh, and Whoopi never had sons.

And when she is on other shows she pulls out her nice, soft and humble voice, and soaks in being an EGOT.....rather than a fun and nice person.

We see the real Whoopi on The View - the bully and lecturer....even to the viewers. The one with the last word.....and does a stupid segue or gets pissed off not being able to finish before commercials.

I can't stand her.....on any show. Especially when she is an only child, or has a brother, or now even 3 other siblings. What a liar. Pick one, Whoopi.

And I cringe even looking at her with all of her body functions and needs.

• Love 9