Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/11/16

Athena
  • Start Topic

Raven, you are too stupid to speak about anything. A double standard about what job applicants and employers post on social media? What are you even talking about? BTW, the difference is, the employers already have a job. The applicants do not. Plus, Facebook and tweeting is not relevant in every single situation.

• Love 9

I watched a bunch of this week's shows today, on fast forward (day off work) .  I noticed something that wasn't mentioned here.   Correct me if I'm wrong, but one day, raven and Whoop, talking about the Oscar nominations, complained that there were no nominations for anyone not white.   Pointing out that the movie "straight out of Compton"   got ONE nomination, and it was for the writers, all of whom are white.  They were mad.

the next day, talking about the Razzies, and the Oscars, and mentioned, applauding, that "Straight out of Compton"  was nominated for an Oscar for writing, and were happy about it.   Whoopi and Raven were smiling and applauding the nomination, that they had just criticized a day before. 

I"m thinking they were talked to about their comments.  

Also, I was very aware of the tension between Whoop and Joy.   Joy was offended by Whoop saying of the Duck Dynasty guy "he was on this show!"   I guess whop forgot that Joy was OFF THE SHOW for an extended time before getting hired back.   I'm glad Joy came back with facts to defend herself, because she felt Whoop was implying "you're old, you don't remember".    CCB should have shut the hell up about being friends with the Duck Dynasty guys.   She defends them by talking about their business and wealth?   And Raven was PISSED that Joy read a quote from the DD guy, after Raven "told her not to".   Hey, if Joy wants to tell everyone what a racist ass he is, let her!  But maybe Raven is just stomping around and making faces to get attention.   I notice her exaggerated pouty lips when she disagrees with anyone.   It's hard to miss with that lipstick. 

Is everyone else noticing that every time Sarah (is that her name?)  talks, Raven has an angry look on her face?   At first, I thought it was because she disagreed with her, but for three days now, it seems like it's not even about WHAT she says, it's just that she's talking. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7

I think Whoopi and Raven (and I'm sure Michelle, too) know Sunni and Sarah are there for Raven and Michelle's jobs. Why don't they scream and shout at them like Whoopi and Nicolle did to Padma? That's their usual go-to to get someone they don't like off the show.

• Love 4
I doubt she signed up for this show but was "forced" to do it. And is actually doing so gracefully.

I agree, MaggieMae...and hope she has a great coach supplied by the network to keep her going.  Coach:  It won't be long, now Paula.  Just hang in there.  You're dong a great job exactly the way we want you too.  Everyone knows it's difficult.  We're here for you."   ET CETERA!

• Love 7

Today while watching Sunni I wished there was some button that could be pushed where a hole in the floor would open up to send hosts we don't like away never to return. I wonder if that idiot would stay with her cheating husband if he was also bringing home various STDs to her. My Nana back in the day told my Grandfather he could date other women but that was because he was a functioning alcoholic and she didn't want to sleep in the same room with him anymore. So they had separate rooms but lived in the same house because I don't think either of them really wanted to live alone and she always said she was scared he might hurt himself if he was alone like that. The way Sunni said that about not letting infidelity break up her marriage like it was something to be super proud of just filled me with such anger that a woman would say that so happily. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 12
Then, whoop makes the ridiculous statements that when her kid was little, and there was an opportunity, whoop had to decide to bring the kid, or pass up the opportunity. Then she adds that if she really wanted it, she'd have someone else watch the kid. And she says it as if it's some profound bit of parenting wisdom. Yes, if you get a job offer, you can bring the baby, not go at all, or get a sitter. Thanks, whoop, for explaining that. Bitch.

Rewrite history much, Whoopi?   I doubt if anyone even knew she had a baby.

• Love 5

Again, WAAAAY too much Raven this week. She needs to go.

Will be interesting to see how much she is one next week.  Michelle took the hit a lot this week and CCB did today. They are rotating them with Sunny and annoying Sara Haines for a reason.

Sherri already spilled the beans about Sunny.

Are this season's hosts falling apart just like last season???

• Love 4

Didn't Raven sign around April? And Michelle a month or so after her? I'm guessing they'll be out a year on the dot.

Anyone else excited that Whoopi's contract must be up in, what, around half a year now? I'm sure she'll say she just didn't want to continue rather than they didn't want her anymore... And I'm sure they'll let her bow out gracefully, too, even though she does NOT deserve anything from them at this point.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 8
Didn't Raven sign around April? And Michelle a month or so after her? I'm guessing they'll be out a year on the dot.

I can understand why Michelle's contract won't be renewed, she can be funny and insightful, she's just not jelling with the current mix of a has-been/know-it-all, an ignorant former child star and two born-again Christians.  I think tptb love Raven.  Besides the show always has a soft spots for dummies, Raven's sitting in the Debbie Matelopolous/Sherri Sheppard chair.

And I'm sure they'll let her bow out gracefully,

Bow out gracefully?!  She'll probably get The Year of Whoopi!

• Love 8

No matter who gets the seats in the co-host musical chairs game, it's always better without Whoopi.  I literally laughed out loud when they mentioned "man-spreading," which is exactly how many of us have described the visual of Whoopi's delicate, sexy body-positioning while on national network television  :) 

• Love 13

I'm embarrassed for Raven on a daily basis. I cringe every time she speaks, but yesterday (and repeated today) was probably the first time she said anything intelligent, and that was how we as people only come together when something bad happens. Sad but true.

• Love 6

Sara Haines three times this week, UGH!!

This musical chairs panel drives me crazy. CCB missed the chair when the music stopped today.

Today was actually the first full show I've watched with Sara, whom I only know from this show (so not at all) since I don't watch GMA.  I have to say I loved her shoes and was impressed she could wear those while so pregnant.  

Michelle's constant attempts to crack a joke everytime she opens her mouth is very awkward.   Half the time no one even laughs, not even Joy.   Ha!

I watched a bunch of this week's shows today, on fast forward (day off work) .  I noticed something that wasn't mentioned here.   Correct me if I'm wrong, but one day, raven and Whoop, talking about the Oscar nominations, complained that there were no nominations for anyone not white.   Pointing out that the movie "straight out of Compton"   got ONE nomination, and it was for the writers, all of whom are white.  They were mad.

the next day, talking about the Razzies, and the Oscars, and mentioned, applauding, that "Straight out of Compton"  was nominated for an Oscar for writing, and were happy about it.   Whoopi and Raven were smiling and applauding the nomination, that they had just criticized a day before. 

I"m thinking they were talked to about their comments.  

Is everyone else noticing that every time Sarah (is that her name?)  talks, Raven has an angry look on her face?   At first, I thought it was because she disagreed with her, but for three days now, it seems like it's not even about WHAT she says, it's just that she's talking.

Nice catch on the Whoopi/Raven SOC flip flop  backformore!   I can't believe you watched a week's worth of shows in one day.  I think my head would explode.  I did notice Raven's stink face when Sara was talking today  but mostly because they would ask Sara something and Raven would start to answer then stop herself (or a voice in her ear) and then Sara would speak. 

Raven also mentioned she is busy  "registering for school"  whatever that looks like.  But unless she's enrolling in a NYC school or online then she might not be at the table that much longer?   Although it is a very part time gig and I'm sure this show would work around a school schedule like they work around everyone else's everything.  

Today while watching Sunni I wished there was some button that could be pushed where a hole in the floor would open up to send hosts we don't like away never to return.

OH I love this idea!!!  This show [now] is trying to get the viewers "into the conversation" and Whoopi's bullshit tagline this season is to thank the viewers for "making us better"  by tweeting or posting on their FB page.  But a hole in the floor to remove co-hosts would really be putting their money where their mouth is, LOL..   Even if they only got a week suspension it would be worth it.   Make  it a text vote live.    A daytime talk show first!  Awesome. 

No matter who gets the seats in the co-host musical chairs game, it's always better without Whoopi.  I literally laughed out loud when they mentioned "man-spreading," which is exactly how many of us have described the visual of Whoopi's delicate, sexy body-positioning while on national network television  :)

Same here Matcha!  There is a reason they waited until Whoopi was out to mention this Very Not Hot Topic.  

• Love 5

I look forward to Whoopi free Fridays - no ridiculous tagline Cosmo referred to*, no derailing of conversations, no finger wagging, no sermons. If they're auditioning Sunny, I'm hoping they pass on her. Paula can handle the slot (right leaning political analyst) just fine, thank you.

*Don't you think she added that because her saying , "Don't tweet me, cause I don't care" wasn't going over so well with the audience or TPTB?

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 9

I enjoyed today's show. I like all the full time panelists they have (yes even CCB, Sarah and Sunni) because they all add something different.

I'd take any machination of this current panel than the Rosie P, Jenny or late Sherri eras.

• Love 3

If they're auditioning Sunny, I'm hoping they pass on her. Paula can handle the slot (right leaning political analyst) just fine, thank you.

Quote function not working right now. That's MerrieBreeze's comment above.

Mine: Yes, Yes! A thousand times Yes!

• Love 1

I sort of sensed some rhyme and reason to Sunni's previous appearances - that something with a legal aspect had occurred that would be presented in Hot Topics, but sadly that seems to have disappeared now.  I don't understand why we need three religious people giving us their "view".

le sigh

• Love 6

I don't think Sunny fits in with the current panel. Nor do I think Sarah brings anything extra to the group, except for the appeal of being the "young mom." In that case she would replace Raven but I think Sarah is 35 or 36. 

I didn't agree with Sunny yesterday when she said Chris Christie's comment about Obama being a "petulant child" had racial undertones. Rude, yes. Unnecessary, yes. Disrespectful, yes. Racist? No.

• Love 3

MTrivial but funny/weird dept. - maybe I misheard, but on Thurs. I thought Raven said none of her friends would evah wear a toupee. How's that different than the daily 'do R plunks on her head??

Good point. She can sneer at toupees, but that weird yarn thing she wore, plus all the weaves and earpieces, aren't any different. Is it that women can wear fake hair, but we laugh at men who do it?

• Love 5

I didn't agree with Sunny yesterday when she said Chris Christie's comment about Obama being a "petulant child" had racial undertones. Rude, yes. Unnecessary, yes. Disrespectful, yes. Racist? No.

I totally think it did, he may as well have used the word boy, or another much worse slur.  He uses it all the time - also Christie's remarks about tossing Obama out of the White House had major racial undertones.  It's dog whistling at it's finest.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 12
Good point. She can sneer at toupees, but that weird yarn thing she wore, plus all the weaves and earpieces, aren't any different. Is it that women can wear fake hair, but we laugh at men who do it?

I think people laugh at the "obvious" toupees.  We laugh at pathetic extensions too.  Here's the sad thing about so many toupees: they look horrible and those wearing them haven't a clue.   They don't know how to place them, how to keep them in good shape, and don't notice when their natural hair color changes and doesn't come close to matching the toupee.  In my opinion, Raven's "hair" is more an artistic statement...something fun to do.  She doesn't pretend it's natural hair.

• Love 4

If they're auditioning Sunny, I'm hoping they pass on her. Paula can handle the slot (right leaning political analyst) just fine, thank you.

There is a post on Sherri's twitter to Sunny with "#take the job" so seems like there is some type of offer.  Don't think they are passing on her at all.

I don't think Sunny fits in with the current panel. Nor do I think Sarah brings anything extra to the group, except for the appeal of being the "young mom." In that case she would replace Raven but I think Sarah is 35 or 36.

Sara Hanies is 38 and sits there like a deer in the headlights. She annoys me to no end so I should just shut up.

Something is up with The View and these two.

• Love 2

In my opinion, Raven's "hair" is more an artistic statement...something fun to do.  She doesn't pretend it's natural hair.

Girl is all about the weave, she mentions it all the time.  Smallvoice... I sort of liked her holiday multi-colored weave.

• Love 5

I didn't care one way or the other about Sunni, but hearing her say that she'd stay with her husband if he was unfaithful shows me how shallow she really is.  Unfaithful husbands take home a myriad of health issues & I'm sure she'd be surprised if she went to the Doctor & was told she had an STD.  Stupid broad!!!

• Love 3

I didn't see the show on Fri so if anyone said something controversial I can't comment.  But generally I much prefer Sunny and Sarah to Raven and CCB.  At least they have a brain and can voice their opinions without prefacing it with a one note "as a Christian" or resorting to Twitter feeds.  I may not agree with Sunny all the time but I appreciate her intellect.  As for Sarah, I loved her when she was on with Hoda and Kathi Lee.  I haven't seen her on GMA so I don't know how she became unbearable to some.  She's unlikely to become a regular though with the baby coming soon.  However they might be auditioning, tptb are not going to replace Raven any time soon.  I don't care if Michelle goes.  Her lame jokes bring conversations to a grinding halt and it's annoying.

I laughed when Raven made the toupee observation.  Pot?  Meet kettle.  However the difference is she acknowleges (and celebrates) that her hair is fake.  Usually it looks cute but it's difficult to remember she's 30 and not 20.  If she wants to be taken for an adult maybe purple hair is not the way to go.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5

I didn't care one way or the other about Sunni, but hearing her say that she'd stay with her husband if he was unfaithful shows me how shallow she really is.  Unfaithful husbands take home a myriad of health issues & I'm sure she'd be surprised if she went to the Doctor & was told she had an STD.  Stupid broad!!!

I agree. All I could think when she dispensed that little nugget of stupidity is that I hope her husband wasn't watching because he just received the go-ahead to do whatever he wants.

• Love 3

Sunni's husband is a doctor! Orthopedic surgeon.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 2

Sara Hanies is 38

Wow, so she and Paula are pretty much the same age! I too watched Sara when she was on the Today Show with KLG and Hoda. I liked her but didn't really think she had a necessary role on that show! (she was their social media person, I think). She doesn't bother me on The View, I just don't think she adds anything.

• Love 1

People stay with their unfaithful spouses for all kinds of reasons.

I agree, but when a "well-respected" woman makes that type of declaration on National T.V., it doesn't send the kind of message we want "our" young women to embrace.  Women stay for the "sake of their children", economic & sometimes psychological reasons, but that doesn't make their life easy (or laudable).

• Love 5

I agree, but when a "well-respected" woman makes that type of declaration on National T.V., it doesn't send the kind of message we want "our" young women to embrace.  Women stay for the "sake of their children", economic & sometimes psychological reasons, but that doesn't make their life easy (or laudable).

That was my issue too. If she had been standing when making that declaration I wonder if she would have started strutting around like a proud peacock? 

• Love 4

I didn't see the show on Fri so if anyone said something controversial I can't comment.  But generally I much prefer Sunny and Sarah to Raven and CCB.  At least they have a brain and can voice their opinions without prefacing it with a one note "as a Christian" or resorting to Twitter feeds.  I may not agree with Sunny all the time but I appreciate her intellect.  As for Sarah, I loved her when she was on with Hoda and Kathi Lee.  I haven't seen her on GMA so I don't know how she became unbearable to some.  She's unlikely to become a regular though with the baby coming soon.  However they might be auditioning, tptb are not going to replace Raven any time soon.  I don't care if Michelle goes.  Her lame jokes bring conversations to a grinding halt and it's annoying.

I laughed when Raven made the toupee observation.  Pot?  Meet kettle.  However the difference is she acknowleges (and celebrates) that her hair is fake.  Usually it looks cute but it's difficult to remember she's 30 and not 20.  If she wants to be taken for an adult maybe purple hair is not the way to go.

Raven is very focused on being "young", on the edge, and in the know.  I think she would far prefer to be thought of us as much younger than she actually is.  When she goes on and on about her generation, I'm embarrassed for her.  She's not a 20-something who is just out of her teens.  And to the "younger generation", she's old!  It doesn't help that she's so immature and ignorant.  (Don't brag about not watching debates, not having time for politics, etc. when you're on a talk show in an election year!)  She thinks she's just so adorable that her declared distinterest in ever reading a book is something that the audience will find admirable.  I agree about the purple hair, but if she was more mature and less ignorant (or at least not quite so proud of her ignorance!), then purple hair would be okay.  

I like Sarah.   She's intelligent, articulate, and easy-going.  I don't think she's super-interesting, but she's pleasant, and she contributes to the conversations without trying to pull all of the attention onto herself.  I know people who have worked with her, and she's very well-liked.  No drama, hard-worker, and really sweet.  I think that comes across on-camera too.

Raven is very focused on being "young", on the edge, and in the know.  I think she would far prefer to be thought of us as much younger than she actually is.  When she goes on and on about her generation, I'm embarrassed for her.  She's not a 20-something who is just out of her teens.  And to the "younger generation", she's old!  It doesn't help that she's so immature and ignorant.  (Don't brag about not watching debates, not having time for politics, etc. when you're on a talk show in an election year!)  She thinks she's just so adorable that her declared distinterest in ever reading a book is something that the audience will find admirable.  I agree about the purple hair, but if she was more mature and less ignorant (or at least not quite so proud of her ignorance!), then purple hair would be okay.  

I like Sarah.   She's intelligent, articulate, and easy-going.  I don't think she's super-interesting, but she's pleasant, and she contributes to the conversations without trying to pull all of the attention onto herself.  I know people who have worked with her, and she's very well-liked.  No drama, hard-worker, and really sweet.  I think that comes across on-camera too.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 3

I agree. All I could think when she dispensed that little nugget of stupidity is that I hope her husband wasn't watching because he just received the go-ahead to do whatever he wants.

I thought that, too.  And I also wondered why she said it.  I don't like her, so pretty much everything she says annoys me.  Who cares what she would do?  Especially because no one knows what they would actually do in such a situation.  I imagine it would depend on the circumstances.  Did it happen once or more than once?  Was it with her best friend or a stranger?  Has it been going on for years or a week?  Did he take the other woman on vacations while telling Sunny he had no time to take her anywhere?  Does he have children she never knew about?  If he cheats more than once, is that okay?  Can he have 2 affairs?  3?  12?

It really seemed pointless to take such a firm stance.  There are so many potential variables and certainly some of them would be dealbreakers.   I agree with you - For someone supposedly so intelligent, that was really a stupid thing to say.

• Love 7

DebbieM4, i so agree with you about Raven. Which begs the question, why don't the ptb get some 20-25 year old on the panel? Youth does not mean stupidity, as we see Raven making moronic remarks and showing even more tunnel vision being focused on social media for her information.

BTW, I cant think of anyone young off hand to suggest.

• Love 2