Type keyword(s) to search

Kardashians in the Media

• Start Topic

I can't read all the names on the stockings. Did Kris invite her sister, Karen Houghton, to the party? I doubt it, because the sisters don't seem to socialize very much.

But Karen seems to be thirsty. She recently had a major facelift, and got TV and tabloid coverage of the surgery. That coverage had to have been arranged by an agent. (Her sister Kris?) When I saw Karen in the tabloids a year or so ago, she looked like a nice cheerful person who seemed not to mind aging gracefully, and certainly not a fame whore like Kris. Now... well, I don't know. Is she hoping to cash in on the family business?

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/19664-kris-jenners-sister-looks-just-like-her-after-5-hour-facelift

Kris Jenner's Sister Looks Just Like Her After 5-Hour Facelift: See The Results [story includes video]

... Inside Edition was there throughout Karen Houghton's surgery and witnessed the incredible results... “I look like my beautiful sister Kris and I never thought I would,” she said...

When asked if she had wanted to change her look to keep up with the Kardashians, Houghton said she “actually wanted to do it for me.”

“And of course the Kardashians,” she added. “Everyone wants to look beautiful.”

I don't think she looked exactly like Kris after the facelift, but the doctor took off so much loose skin that she does look like a different person. Much younger. Of course they updated her hairstyle and makeup too, which helps.

I can't read all the names on the stockings. 

It's everyone, but Chyna. Khloe took hers to Cleveland. 

Mary Jo, Caitlyn, Kris, Corey, Kourt, Scott, Kim, Kanye, Kylie, Tyga, Rob, Kendall, Mason, Penelope, Reign, North, Saint, King, Dream. 

5 hours ago, Artsda said:

Gee, I wonder if Kris was the source for this article "A source confirms to PEOPLE that the rapper, who has been making headlines following his recent hospitalization for exhaustion last month," & "the couple’s marriage has been under strain since West’s health crisis hit". Exhaustion??? riiiight, he was hospitalized under a 5150, & they make it sound like a long nap cured everything.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, GaT said:

Gee, I wonder if Kris was the source for this article "A source confirms to PEOPLE that the rapper, who has been making headlines following his recent hospitalization for exhaustion last month," & "the couple’s marriage has been under strain since West’s health crisis hit". Exhaustion??? riiiight, he was hospitalized under a 5150, & they make it sound like a long nap cured everything.

I don't think anyone has suggested that he is "cured". I think it's generally understood by now that he was/is suffering from a serious mental illness and not just "exhaustion". I haven't seen any official reports of his diagnosis, medication/treatment plan or prognosis. Nor would I expect to. He's entitled to privacy just like anyone else. Everything else is speculation.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Veronique Bette said:

I don't think anyone has suggested that he is "cured". I think it's generally understood by now that he was/is suffering from a serious mental illness and not just "exhaustion". 

That's exactly my point, everyone knows about the 5150, saying he was hospitalized for exhaustion & pretending it was just a minor thing is a PR job. 

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, GaT said:

That's exactly my point, everyone knows about the 5150, saying he was hospitalized for exhaustion & pretending it was just a minor thing is a PR job. 

I understand what you're saying, but still nobody "knows" for sure what his real issues are. No matter how I feel about Kanye, I think he's entitled to his privacy unless and until he wants to disclose specific information. Other celebrities have come forward with personal issues so they can help others but that's not mandatory. And yes, of course, when you are a high-profile, controversial celebrity, the media will be all over the story and public interest and speculation will give the story "legs".  P.R. spin and lies are all part of protecting the client. That's how it's always been. Think Rock Hudson so many years ago and how long it took for the real story of his devastating AIDS diagnosis to be acknowledged. My own opinion is that being a celebrity doesn't mean that you automatically forfeit your right to the same control of private information dissemination as any other citizen.  

43 minutes ago, Veronique Bette said:

My own opinion is that being a celebrity doesn't mean that you automatically forfeit your right to the same control of private information dissemination as any other citizen.  

And I'm not saying he should disclose anything, I'm saying it's ridiculous for People to publish an article that rewrites history when the entire 5150 thing is public, including the 911 call. They don't put people under a 5150 for exhaustion. From Wikipedia (the bolding is mine)

Section 5150 is a section of the California Welfare and Institutions Code (WIC) (in particular, the Lanterman–Petris–Short Act or "LPS") which authorizes a qualified officer or clinician to involuntarily confine a person suspected to have a mental disorder that makes them a danger to themselves, a danger to others,

He may have had exhaustion in addition to whatever was wrong, but that's not why he was in the hospital, & it's just stupid to put out an article that says it was when everyone knows it wasn't.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, GaT said:

And I'm not saying he should disclose anything, I'm saying it's ridiculous for People to publish an article that rewrites history when the entire 5150 thing is public, including the 911 call. They don't put people under a 5150 for exhaustion. From Wikipedia (the bolding is mine)

He may have had exhaustion in addition to whatever was wrong, but that's not why he was in the hospital, & it's just stupid to put out an article that says it was when everyone knows it wasn't.

The family rewrites history to benefit themselves. When/if Kim decides to cut him loose, he'll get the Lamar treatment. Notice too there's barely mention of former worlds greatest stepfather, CaitLyn and plenty of talk about the late great Rob Sr.( who was rarely talked about in earlier seasons).

• Love 8

Maybe they got a family discount at the plastic surgeon's office. Or a quantity discount. Sometimes it seems like all they do is buy luxury cars and alter their faces and bodies. What a life, ugh.

I don't understand the outfits Caitlyn and Kris wore. Caitlyn looks like she's wearing a plain everyday white cardigan sweater over an evening gown. Maybe it looked better in person?

As for Kris, I don't see how she could be remotely comfortable walking around at a party in that outfit. How did she keep from constantly tripping over the long train of the dress, or keep other people from stepping on it? How did she manage to hold her drink, maybe also a plate of snacks, while trying to keep that heavy fur stole balanced on one shoulder? Perhaps that was Corey's job, to help her get her feet untangled from the train, and keep grabbing her fur stole every time it tried to slide off her shoulder.

• Love 3

Looks at like Kris got them all a giftkard from the family's plastic surgeon for thanksgiving.

Caitlyn got some sort of lift/lip job 

Kylie got new boobs

Kim got a nose job and removed her 450 cc butt implants

Kourtney got an eye lift

Kendall got new lips 

Khloe paid off her revenge face credit 

Edited by Nutella
  • Love 7

Penelope is wearing makeup.  That shouldn't surprise me, but it does. I hope they were just playing dress up or something - didn't she & North get makeup for Christmas from one of sisters?

Edited to add that I think the purpose of that fur is to cover up her crotch, which is probably quite visible in that awful sheer dress.

Edited by toolazy
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, toolazy said:

Edited to add that I think the purpose of that fur is to cover up her crotch, which is probably quite visible in that awful sheer dress.

Thank God for small favors.

• Love 5

Don't these people ever smile?  The picture with Kourtney and the kids looks so ridiculous.  Why don't they smile?!  I couldn't imagine a Christmas picture with my kids where I'm trying to look sexy.  

These people are ridiculous. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, iwasish said:

But not disgusted enough to get off the money train.

Corey has plenty of company on that crowded money train because nobody associated with this family seems to want to give up their fat paychecks, no matter what the cost to their privacy or dignity (if they have any to begin with).

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

Corey has plenty of company on that crowded money train because nobody associated with this family seems to want to give up their fat paychecks, no matter what the cost to their privacy or dignity (if they have any to begin with).

Too true. And as such, the disgusted look only makes him seem hypocritical. 

• Love 1
On 30/12/2016 at 0:08 PM, Nutella said:

Looks at like Kris got them all a giftkard from the family's plastic surgeon for thanksgiving.

Caitlyn got some sort of lift/lip job 

Kylie got new boobs

Kim got a nose job and removed her 450 cc butt implants

Kourtney got an eye lift

Kendall got new lips 

Khloe paid off her revenge face credit 

Tyga desperately needs a chin/jaw implant. 

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 2:06 PM, GaT said:

He's had a lot of time he could have gone to rehab, the fact that he decided to go just ahead of filming a reality show about his recovery seems very.....Kardashian to me. 

Does anyone know what channel that show will air on?  E!?  Is Kris the exec producer?

24 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Does anyone know what channel that show will air on?  E!?  Is Kris the exec producer?

I Googled it, and all anybody says in the various articles is that a "source" said Lamar might do a reality show. This is the most specific information I could find:

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/12/132995/lamar-odom-reality-show-rehab

A Reality Show Could Be The Next Step In Lamar Odom's Recovery, 12-14-16

... "Right now it is unclear whether Odom's show will be an E! venture, like the series that star his former spouse and her famous family. He previously appeared on Keeping Up With the Kardashians spin-off Khloé & Lamar."

And to further muddy the waters:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiarosenbaum/lamar-odom-next-project?utm_term=.yoxJwOL5Q#.kq5xY2Goa

"Lamar Odom’s Next Project Isn’t A Reality Show, But It Will Be For TV

"The former NBA star is returning to television, but contrary to published reports, it won’t be for a reality show, a source confirmed to BuzzFeed News.

posted on Dec. 20, 2016, at 5:28 p.m.

"Lamar Odom has not signed up to do a reality show despite reports to the contrary, a source close to the former Lakers’ star told BuzzFeed News on Tuesday. Instead, Odom’s next television project will be something totally different than what viewers are accustomed to seeing him in.

"The source, who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matters, declined to elaborate, but said the new project would likely be revealed early next year.

"Meanwhile, Odom is at an undisclosed drug and alcohol clinic as a preventive measure and doing “very well,” the source added.

"Odom checked into the 30-day program earlier in December after taping a brief segment with The Doctors about seeking help, during which he revealed being in a “dark place” right before collapsing at a Nevada brothel in 2015. Odom will also tape a segment with The Doctors after he is released in January."

3 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

"Lamar Odom’s Next Project Isn’t A Reality Show, But It Will Be For TV

Other than a talk show, news program, or scripted drama/comedy, I'm not sure what other type of TV program he could film that wouldn't count as "reality".  I would love to see him follow in what could have been Caitlyn's footsteps and utilize this publicity to help others struggling with addiction and mental health issues, and not a single Kardashian/Jenner/adjacent appear within a mile of production.

Edit:  not implying Caitlyn has mental health or addiction issues, but that she had a classroom of millions to educate on LGBTQ + so many other topics and chose to basically use her platform as a fashion show.

22 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Is anyone in this family  - besides Penelope - not made of plastic?  I could be looking at badly done wax mannequins in those holiday pictures.  Even Corey looks ridiculous.

How many 'takes' do you think they did before deciding on blasting out this one to social media?  They both look like they are on their 50th "Smile!" and their cheek muscles are spent.

Edited by TheVoicesToldMeTo
  • Love 5

Every year Zillow has a survey about who people think the best & worst celebrities would be to have for neighbors. Scroll all the way down to the bottom for the worst list & check out who is at #2.

EDITED: I thought I put the link in, but I guess not & I can't find it anymore. Anyway, the #2 worst neighbors are Rob & Chyna. I guess all the shrieking fights & the constant moving vans was just too much for people.

Edited by GaT
11 hours ago, GaT said:

Every year Zillow has a survey about who people think the best & worst celebrities would be to have for neighbors. Scroll all the way down to the bottom for the worst list & check out who is at #2.

EDITED: I thought I put the link in, but I guess not & I can't find it anymore. Anyway, the #2 worst neighbors are Rob & Chyna. I guess all the shrieking fights & the constant moving vans was just too much for people.

Here you go

http://www.zillow.com/blog/celebrity-neighbor-survey-2016-209621/

• Love 1